PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor: If offers underwhelm, Spurs might let saga drag into camp or season

TD 21
05-17-2018, 03:48 PM
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/17/17364284/lebron-james-free-agency-2018-mercenary

If I were the Sixers, I'd push hard for Kawhi Leonard, who's spent time rehabbing in New York under the care of Dr. Jonathan Glashow, the 76ers' chief medical officer. If the Sixers went all in with a monster trade package headlined by Markelle Fultz, Dario Saric, Robert Covington, the no. 10 pick, draft-and-stashes, and Jerryd Bayless's salary,

It's really just a matter of what the Spurs would want in a package. I've heard from multiple NBA executives that San Antonio won't settle for anything less than a grand-slam offer. If offers were underwhelming around the draft and the start of free agency, the Spurs might opt to let the saga drag into training camp, or even into the season. Leonard could always rekindle his relationship with the team, or return to the floor and increase his trade value.

The Spurs are skating on thin ice, and there might not be a better trading partner in the league than the Sixers.

BackHome
05-17-2018, 04:00 PM
I would rather rent Kawhi for one more year then agree to a shitty trade.

MaNu4Tres
05-17-2018, 04:02 PM
Right approach.

hater
05-17-2018, 04:03 PM
Lol saga

When kobe raped it was a saga

This is just a guy that can barely wipe his ass

Nathan89
05-17-2018, 04:05 PM
76ers shouldn't have blown their pick on Fultz if they wanted Kawhi tbh.

Nathan89
05-17-2018, 04:07 PM
If we have to trade him Boston would be my preference.

BillMc
05-17-2018, 04:11 PM
Thanks for that. :bobo

Russ
05-17-2018, 05:07 PM
Right approach.

Agreed. The Spurs panicked when prior problem children wanted out (Rodman and Derek Anderson). As a result, they only got Will Perdue and a damaged Steve Smith back.

Hold on to your cards, RC.

HarlemHeat37
05-17-2018, 05:09 PM
Lol saga

When kobe raped it was a saga

This is just a guy that can barely wipe his ass

:lol

Spurs9
05-17-2018, 06:28 PM
"Monster trade with Fultz/Saric"

That trade needs to include a Simmons or Embiid tbh

tim_duncan_fan
05-17-2018, 06:39 PM

Exactly. We don't want the garbage.

cd021
05-17-2018, 07:40 PM
76ers shouldn't have blown their pick on Fultz if they wanted Kawhi tbh.

Chill. It's not like they drafted Anthony Bennett.
He was a great college player who got drafted number 1 but had a shoulder injury that derailed his rookie year.

cd021
05-17-2018, 07:42 PM
Fultz, Saric, Covington, 10th pick and Parsecniks is the closest thing to a grandslam offer that Philly can offer. That is a pretty damn good haul for Kawhi and Mills, if the Spurs are really looking at moving Kawhi.

tholdren
05-17-2018, 07:45 PM
Exactly. We don't want the garbage.

Yet you all probably agreed that fultz was a lottery pick. Still sad nba drafting on hype, height and who can travel and score

objective
05-17-2018, 07:49 PM
Sixers 'grandslam' offer is kind of a joke, typical national media bias.

If Kevin O'Connor was writing back in 97 he'd be one on the national media idiots calling for the Spurs to trade #1 for #3 & #6 from Boston. They couldn't find a better trading partner, and Duncan can't play with Robinson!

tholdren
05-17-2018, 07:51 PM
Sadly the fandom of the league is born out of media bias. Yet you adults still watch the nba.... sad for you losers

Seventyniner
05-17-2018, 07:51 PM
Fultz, Saric, Covington, 10th pick and Parsecniks is the closest thing to a grandslam offer that Philly can offer. That is a pretty damn good haul for Kawhi and Mills, if the Spurs are really looking at moving Kawhi.

And yet that still feels like a solo shot. "Grand slam" to me includes both Simmons and Embiid, not that it would ever happen.

tim_duncan_fan
05-17-2018, 08:00 PM
Yet you all probably agreed that fultz was a lottery pick. Still sad nba drafting on hype, height and who can travel and score

I don't watch enough college ball, but the one Fultz game I watched, he struggled to score and didn't look exceptionally athletic.

DPG21920
05-17-2018, 08:13 PM
It’s time for PHX to cash in. They have been an absolute shit show for 8 years or something. They have their young star in Booker. Time to get into the playoffs and land a franchise changing superstar even if it cost them the #1 pick.

alpha_HaZE
05-17-2018, 08:13 PM

Agreed but we need to be careful, Simmons and Embiid are proven and have less risk, they also might have a lower ceiling. Fultz is more athletic and has a better shot than Simmons and we already have DJ who also has no 3 point shot. Embiid has injuries issues.

Fultz, Saric, and the 10th pick are not as bad as it looks if Fultz gets healthy, and I would assume the Spurs will do their research on that. Saric is an upgrade over Pau, and the 10th & 18th picks would give us some nice young players. One who might be an all-star. In recent years we have a ridiculous amount of talent late first round, early second; Donovan Mitchell and Kuzma are two examples.

DPG21920
05-17-2018, 08:16 PM
Philly has a ton more picks than just the 10th too. Also I don’t want Covington I think hes overrated as hell. People act like hes Danny Green prime and he’s really not that close. I mean, he’s not bad or anything but definitely an overhyped role player IMO.

But Fultz at least has a prayer of becoming and all-star but yes he carries risk. But he seems like a good dude, head on straight and has some upside.

Saric is young and decent and the 10th pick is not bad. But PHI has a lot of picks besides that too.

DPG21920
05-17-2018, 08:18 PM
PHI Stable of Picks:

2018 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
L.A. Lakers' 2018 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

2018 second round draft pick from Brooklyn
Brooklyn's 2018 2nd round pick to Philadelphia (via Philadelphia's swap of Cleveland for Brooklyn (then Cleveland to Charlotte)) [Cleveland-Philadelphia, 9/26/2014; Brooklyn-Philadelphia, 12/11/2014; Brooklyn-Charlotte, 6/25/2015]

2018 second round draft pick from Houston
Houston's 2018 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [Houston-Philadelphia, 6/28/2017]

2018 second round draft pick from New York
New York's 2018 2nd round pick to Philadelphia (via Philadelphia's swap of L.A. Clippers for New York (then L.A. Clippers to Denver)) [L.A. Clippers-Philadelphia, 2/20/2014; New York-Philadelphia, 10/27/2014; Dallas-Denver-New York, 2/8/2018]

2019 first round draft pick from Sacramento
Boston will receive the more favorable of Philadelphia's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 and Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick (via Philadelphia) protected for selection 1 and Philadelphia will receive the less favorable or the protected of these two picks [Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015; Boston-Philadelphia, 6/19/2017]

2019 second round draft pick from Milwaukee or Sacramento (more favorable)
Philadelphia will receive the more favorable of Milwaukee's 2019 2nd round pick and Sacramento's 2019 2nd round pick and Sacramento will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Philadelphia's right to swap Milwaukee for Sacramento (via Brooklyn)) [Milwaukee-Sacramento, 7/12/2013; Brooklyn-Milwaukee, 6/30/2014; Brooklyn-Philadelphia, 10/24/2014]

2020 second round draft pick from Brooklyn or New York (more favorable)
Philadelphia will receive the more favorable of Brooklyn's 2020 2nd round pick and New York's 2020 2nd round pick and Orlando will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Philadelphia) [Brooklyn-Philadelphia, 12/11/2014; New York-Philadelphia, 6/26/2015; Orlando-Philadelphia, 6/22/2017]

2020 second round draft pick from Dallas
Dallas' 2020 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [Dallas-Philadelphia, 2/23/2017]

2021 second round draft pick from New York
New York's 2021 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [New York-Philadelphia, 6/26/2015]

objective
05-17-2018, 08:28 PM
After this year, their only extra picks are second rounders. Doesn't seem that great, even if they are likely to be 31-45

sananspursfan21
05-17-2018, 08:32 PM
Chill. It's not like they drafted Anthony Bennett.
He was a great college player who got drafted number 1 but had a shoulder injury that derailed his rookie year.

This. When he was drafted, he was seen as the final piece completing the process. If Kawhi must be traded, Spurs could reel in far worse.

marinoman
05-17-2018, 08:39 PM
Boston has the best assets.
Tatum and kyrie for kawhi and pau. Cmon pau has championship experience that team needs

duncan2k5
05-17-2018, 08:40 PM
Kawhi isn't being traded... The media seems desperate now

Budkin
05-17-2018, 08:40 PM
“The Spurs are skating on thin ice...”

:lmao what a bunch of bullshit.

Kawhitstorm
05-17-2018, 09:30 PM

Throw in Covington's shitty contract & RC will sign it ASAP

SpurOutofTownFan
05-17-2018, 09:43 PM
The Spurs have no reason to take a bad offer. I agree if the 76ers want to give everything they have then the Spurs might as well just take them for all they have. But most importantly, it would be nice if they take Pau's contract with them. That could sweeten the deal

Play Boban
05-17-2018, 09:46 PM
Yeah, that would be a dream offer tbh.

Play Boban
05-17-2018, 09:47 PM
Agreed but we need to be careful, Simmons and Embiid are proven and have less risk, they also might have a lower ceiling. Fultz is more athletic and has a better shot than Simmons and we already have DJ who also has no 3 point shot. Embiid has injuries issues.

Fultz, Saric, and the 10th pick are not as bad as it looks if Fultz gets healthy, and I would assume the Spurs will do their research on that. Saric is an upgrade over Pau, and the 10th & 18th picks would give us some nice young players. One who might be an all-star. In recent years we have a ridiculous amount of talent late first round, early second; Donovan Mitchell and Kuzma are two examples.
Saric is a really good young player. He could be an borderline All Star player eventually.

K...
05-17-2018, 10:32 PM
why do people want to offload pau and patty? If we're offloading kawhi for low salary players we'll have room and the expiring nature will be valuable next season?

creating cap space is onlygood if a free agent wants to play with LMA. It's not out of the question, just not likey

coachmac87
05-17-2018, 10:41 PM
Like seriously

After this election year how can anyone trust the media? What athlete or coach truly respects the media??

It’s all for clicks and hype...

The media has been trying to kill the Spurs since 2000..:they’ll jump on anything like a bitch in heat to get a Top 5 player in a bigger/better market

cd021
05-17-2018, 10:49 PM
And yet that still feels like a solo shot. "Grand slam" to me includes both Simmons and Embiid, not that it would ever happen.
I said "can offer" Simmons and Embiid are untouchables.

Its solid deal that could be a great deal depending Fultz. Saric is barely 24 and is an above average starting stretch 4, Covington is 27 and has yet to start that ridiculously cheap extension that might be one of the most valuable contracts in the league (he's getting like $10 million a year for the next 4 seasons), Spurs could easily flip that for a 1st to a team should they decided to blow it up) and Fultz is one year removed from a season where he put up 23ppg, 6 rpg, 6 apg, and shot 40% from 3 in college.

He had a serious shoulder injury that derailed his rookie season but if it checks out then its worth the risk. He's not even 20 yet and gives the Spurs their best chance at getting a high upside PG and also probably could fit well beside Murray-if the Spurs were to go that route. The 10th pick would give the Spurs their highest pick since Duncan and Parsekniks is an athletic, mobile, 7'2 big with some stretch that could project as a future starting 5.

cd021
05-17-2018, 10:59 PM
The Spurs have no reason to take a bad offer. I agree if the 76ers want to give everything they have then the Spurs might as well just take them for all they have. But most importantly, it would be nice if they take Pau's contract with them. That could sweeten the deal

Mills contract is the one that I want them to take. Gasol's is a basically a 1-year deal, anyways. Assuming Fultz would be coming back in a deal with the 76ers, then Mills would likely need to be moved to clear out playing time and a role for him.

CGD
05-17-2018, 11:56 PM

Its solid deal that could be a great deal depending Fultz. Saric is barely 24 and is an above average starting stretch 4, Covington is 27 and has yet to start that ridiculously cheap extension that might be one of the most valuable contracts in the league (he's getting like $10 million a year for the next 4 seasons), Spurs could easily flip that for a 1st to a team should they decided to blow it up) and Fultz is one year removed from a season where he put up 23ppg, 6 rpg, 6 apg, and shot 40% from 3 in college.

He had a serious shoulder injury that derailed his rookie season but if it checks out then its worth the risk. He's not even 20 yet and gives the Spurs their best chance at getting a high upside PG and also probably could fit well beside Murray-if the Spurs were to go that route. The 10th pick would give the Spurs their highest pick since Duncan and Parsekniks is an athletic, mobile, 7'2 big with some stretch that could project as a future starting 5.

I agree with this. A Philly package would be far from “trash” if Fultz recovers. I think the ability to move one of Patty and Gasol should not be dismissed, nor ability to get multiple stashes/2nd. Lastly, acquiring Fultz gives Spurs a shot to use Murray creatively for other assets.

DPG21920
05-18-2018, 12:15 AM
Kawhi can make life tough on SA. He does not hold all the leverage but he holds enough to surpress his trade value immensely

Atl Spur
05-18-2018, 12:17 AM
Lamarcus and Patty to Philly.......

objective
05-18-2018, 12:19 AM
Here's the big problem with Fultz:

His value will crash through the floor.

Every Trainwreck lottery pick has their most value after the first year of playing. Okafor would have gotten a lot more in return if he had been moved after year one. Same with Noel after his first year playing. DeAngelo Russell was enough to get off the Mozgov deal, I doubt he would be enough to get off that deal now.

Adrian Payne was able to be traded for a future first half way through his rookie year, soon out of the league.

What going to happen if the Spurs hold on to that headcase to rehab his value? He'll barely play behind Murray, Mills and Parker etc, then you hope you can get 2 seconds for him.

cd021
05-18-2018, 12:27 AM
I agree with this. A Philly package would be far from “trash” if Fultz recovers. I think the ability to move one of Patty and Gasol should not be dismissed, nor ability to get multiple stashes/2nd. Lastly, acquiring Fultz gives Spurs a shot to use Murray creatively for other assets.

Mills was apart of my trade proposal, moving his contract and simply waiving and stretching Pau after next season, on top of saving the money that would've been spent on a Kawhi supermax deal would clear the books and allow for the Spurs to have ton of flexibility going forward with prospects on cheap deals that can be retained during RFA and possibly even going after free agents, particularly in the 19-20 season where they could easily have $ 30 million in cap space.

I would at least see how Murray develops this season and how he would potentially fit with Fultz before considering moving him.

cd021
05-18-2018, 12:35 AM
Here's the big problem with Fultz:

His value will crash through the floor.

Every Trainwreck lottery pick has their most value after the first year of playing. Okafor would have gotten a lot more in return if he had been moved after year one. Same with Noel after his first year playing. DeAngelo Russell was enough to get off the Mozgov deal, I doubt he would be enough to get off that deal now.

Adrian Payne was able to be traded for a future first half way through his rookie year, soon out of the league.

What going to happen if the Spurs hold on to that headcase to rehab his value? He'll barely play behind Murray, Mills and Parker etc, then you hope you can get 2 seconds for him.

^ Weird logic, tbh.

What makes him a trainwreck lottery pick? He missed most of the season with a shoulder injury. By that logic, Simmons, Embiid and Blake Griffin were all natural disasters following missing their rookie seasons.

Spurs know the risk of acquiring Fultz; he may never regain his form and just be an average or even below average NBA guard, or he could regain his shooting form and eventually emerge as a top 10 PG in the league. They have to weigh the risk and view his medical information and make an informed decision and hope everything works out for the best. If it works out, then the addition of the Lakers pick and potentially Saric, Parsekniks and Covington could make that deal a steal.

Seventyniner
05-18-2018, 07:22 AM

Fair enough. I think that "grand slam" means different things to each team.

duncan2k5
05-18-2018, 07:28 AM
All these clickbait sites always have "according to league execs" when u actually read it... League execs don't know sh*t about what's actually happening, and are just guessing along with the rest of us... Matter of fact, we know more than them because we are actually following our team... They have their own team and agendas to worry about... So when they're asked, they just go by what they saw on bleacher report

Poolboy5623
05-18-2018, 08:05 AM
All these clickbait sites always have "according to league execs" when u actually read it... League execs don't know sh*t about what's actually happening, and are just guessing along with the rest of us... Matter of fact, we know more than them because we are actually following our team... They have their own team and agendas to worry about... So when they're asked, they just go by what they saw on bleacher report

so now Spurstalk posters know more than “league execs?”

offset formation
05-18-2018, 08:58 AM
Sixers 'grandslam' offer is kind of a joke, typical national media bias.

If Kevin O'Connor was writing back in 97 he'd be one on the national media idiots calling for the Spurs to trade #1 for #3 & #6 from Boston. They couldn't find a better trading partner, and Duncan can't play with Robinson!

Yep, but people would slurp that shit up.

Thomas82
05-18-2018, 09:58 AM
Agreed. The Spurs panicked when prior problem children wanted out (Rodman and Derek Anderson). As a result, they only got Will Perdue and a damaged Steve Smith back.

We might have been on the losing end of those trades, but we did eventually get replacements for both of them that were significant upgrades.

superbigtime
05-18-2018, 10:20 AM

for sure

TheGreatYacht
05-18-2018, 10:25 AM
Lol Spurmfan demanding players like Kyrie, Simmons, and Embiid be included. Stop smoking penis.

Mr. Body
05-18-2018, 10:27 AM
Problem is, I've never seen Fultz as all that promising. If he doesn't pan, this is essentially a trade for a bunch of air.

SAGirl
05-18-2018, 10:29 AM
Unsurprising, given Kiwi's questionable health. He has to prove he can play a majority of the season to get paid... other teams are also wary of the situation. It's in Kiwi's interest to mend fences too. He spent an entire season ... or rather, his uncle... burning it down.

SAGirl
05-18-2018, 10:32 AM
I would rather rent Kawhi for one more year then agree to a shitty trade.
I have been saying that all along, which is why I thought he wouldn't be traded. The offers would be shitty and the Spurs could always hope he changes his mind, or he plays so well, interest in him picks back up.

superbigtime
05-18-2018, 10:33 AM
get ready for some awkward HEB commercials

SAGirl
05-18-2018, 10:46 AM
Problem is, I've never seen Fultz as all that promising. If he doesn't pan, this is essentially a trade for a bunch of air.
don't like Fultz either. I haven't watched him or anything but his rookie season was a total and complete flop. Even the minutes he did play, he didn't look like anything special. Heck his coach didn't play him either, and was playing Marco and other guards instead of his 1st lottery pick from this year. Red Flag tbh!

Better to hold on to Kiwi and see what happens.

Chucho
05-18-2018, 10:52 AM
Seriously. Any offer that is accepted has to be at least something on par to this hypothetical proposal.

Some of the stuff "fans" here say they'd take makes you wonder if they're really "fans" of the Spurs and want continued success or are really just that shitty with the value of a legit top 5 player is.

Chucho
05-18-2018, 10:54 AM
Lol Spurmfan demanding players like Kyrie, Simmons, and Embiid be included. Stop smoking penis.

...or are really just that shitty with the value of a legit top 5 player is...

TheGreatYacht
05-18-2018, 10:57 AM
Teams won't give up franchise cornerstones for a 1-yr rental. Those are just the facts. Best you can hope for are draft picks and young unproven players.

Mugen
05-18-2018, 10:58 AM
Unfortunately, RC is gonna get bent over this summer in trade talks. You people should just prepare for the worst tbh.

8FOR!3
05-18-2018, 11:09 AM

So that leaves our lineup looking something like

PG: Murray/Fultz/Parker?
SG: Green?/White?
SF: Covington/Anderson
PF: Saric/Gay or Aldridge/Saric
C: Aldridge/Gasol

I don't consider this a grand slam offer by any means. And idk if we're not just better off letting Kawhi walk. The only thing that might make this worth it is that Saric/Covington are definitely valuable pieces and it really depends on if we think Fultz can develop into a franchise cornerstone PG. #10 pick will probably get us one of the Bridges brothers or Kevin Knox or whoever we value at the pick.

cd98
05-18-2018, 11:15 AM
Kawhi can make life tough on SA. He does not hold all the leverage but he holds enough to surpress his trade value immensely

He does, but regardless if he's traded, the Spurs are headed right back to the lottery. But if the Spurs decide not to trade him and let him play out his contract and leave as a free agent, he loses millions he will feel for years to come. And if he isn't healthy next year or doesn't play like an all-star, he will really lose $$$$.

baseline bum
05-18-2018, 11:35 AM
We might have been on the losing end of those trades, but we did eventually get replacements for both of them that were significant upgrades.

So make those trades so we can draft a Duncan and a Ginobili?

baseline bum
05-18-2018, 11:40 AM
Unfortunately, RC is gonna get bent over this summer in trade talks. You people should just prepare for the worst tbh.

Yeah there is no way to get more than 50 cents on the dollar for Kawhi, and even that is going to be pushing it. Jayson Tatum is nice, but for a sure fire hall of famer in his prime? That's not value and is probably the best case. Fultz could be a nice player but he's probably a coin flip between star vs bust. Yet he's the best thing the Spurs could get out of Philly. Ingram and Kuzma feel like your typical overrated LA prospects that everyone loves for a year but never become shit, just like Clarkson and Russell before them. Then the thought of trading Kawhi to the Clippers for Tobias Harris and a couple of late lottery picks? :vomit:

Thomas82
05-18-2018, 11:51 AM
So make those trades so we can draft a Duncan and a Ginobili?

I don't know if we'll get that lucky again. I was just looking at the silver lining in losing those players.

DPG21920
05-18-2018, 11:52 AM
Baseline, don’t worry it’s PHX time. If Kawhi says he’ll sign there it’s on.

BackHome
05-18-2018, 01:30 PM
I think Kawhi camp and Spurs camp have come to an understanding that it’s in both parties interest to do a trade that will benefit both.

Mr. Body
05-18-2018, 01:41 PM
I think Kawhi camp and Spurs camp have come to an understanding that it’s in both parties interest to do a trade that will benefit both.

Why would Kawhi care if a trade benefits both? He'll just want to go to a select number of teams. However he goes doesn't matter.

cd021
05-18-2018, 01:49 PM
So that leaves our lineup looking something like

PG: Murray/Fultz/Parker?
SG: Green?/White?
SF: Covington/Anderson
PF: Saric/Gay or Aldridge/Saric
C: Aldridge/Gasol

I don't consider this a grand slam offer by any means. And idk if we're not just better off letting Kawhi walk. The only thing that might make this worth it is that Saric/Covington are definitely valuable pieces and it really depends on if we think Fultz can develop into a franchise cornerstone PG. #10 pick will probably get us one of the Bridges brothers or Kevin Knox or whoever we value at the pick.

I would imagine that the roster would look more like this;

Murray-Parker
Fultz-Green (still iffy on if he would be retained in this scenario)-White
Covington-Anderson-10th pick?
Saric-Gay-Bertans
LMA-Gasol-Militinov? Parsecniks?

Letting Kawhi walk for nothing is a ridiculous notion, Spurs need to move him to try and get value on their best tradable asset in team history.

I explained in another post in this thread why I favor this deal; through to recap, Fultz is still high upside, Saric is good right now and is barely 24 with still some upside, Covington is on one of the best contracts in the league and could be flipped for another first round pick if the Spurs decided to blow it up, Parsecniks is an intriguing stretch five prospect and the 10th pick would be the highest pick for the Spurs since Duncan.

spurraider21
05-18-2018, 01:50 PM
Philly has a ton more picks than just the 10th too. Also I don’t want Covington I think hes overrated as hell. People act like hes Danny Green prime and he’s really not that close. I mean, he’s not bad or anything but definitely an overhyped role player IMO.

But Fultz at least has a prayer of becoming and all-star but yes he carries risk. But he seems like a good dude, head on straight and has some upside.

Saric is young and decent and the 10th pick is not bad. But PHI has a lot of picks besides that too.
covington is also an asset in transition who isn't entirely incompetent heading towards the rim. he's also a more equipped to be a small-ball 4 than green was for small lineups. he doesn't guard pg's the way green did, but dejounte is the guy now. while he's never been a 40% three point guy, we need to stop pretending danny is that guy anymore, either

he's also 3 years younger and is on a very favorable contract

BackHome
05-18-2018, 02:23 PM
Why would Kawhi care if a trade benefits both? He'll just want to go to a select number of teams. However he goes doesn't matter.

Because Spurs are not going to trade him for shitty players and picks. So if Kawhi camp is stupid and tells the Lakers they are going there do you think the Lakers will offer a good trade? The answer is no and the Spurs answer will be No.

spurs1990
05-18-2018, 02:27 PM

Good stuff. Although Rodman was most likely addition by subtraction after his 1995 WCF meltdown, but who knows if they didn't send him to Chicago would Jordan have won all three rings in 96-98.

As far as Leonard, I'm open to cutting ties if only to get rid of his group, but if there's anyway to get Boston to talk, Jalen Brown looks like a pure Spurs-type player between the ears. Very smart and his ceiling could be really high from what I've seen vs the Cavs. I'd even take a 'lesser' offer from them to get Brown over a Fultz/10th pick scenario.

Maybe Brown, Rozier, the 27th for Leonard, Patty Mills, and the 18th.

cd98
05-18-2018, 02:30 PM
Good stuff. Although Rodman was most likely addition by subtraction after his 1995 WCF meltdown, but who knows if they didn't send him to Chicago would Jordan have won all three rings in 96-98.

As far as Leonard, I'm open to cutting ties if only to get rid of his group, but if there's anyway to get Boston to talk, Jalen Brown looks like a pure Spurs-type player between the ears. Very smart and his ceiling could be really high from what I've seen vs the Cavs. I'd even take a 'lesser' offer from them to get Brown over a Fultz/10th pick scenario.

Yikes, that deal would be highway robbery for Ainge. People need to stop giving him exactly what he needs to build an unbeatable dynasty.

spurraider21
05-18-2018, 02:41 PM
yeah that's a garbage deal if i've ever seen one. why are we throwing in the 18th on top of it :lol

kawhi is a legit #1 and a top 5 player in the league. jaylen brown is nice, but he's not sniffing that potential or anything near it.

spurs1990
05-18-2018, 03:00 PM
I'm throwing that out as a 'bottom-barrel' offer, or something that is an option if the s hits the fan and Spurs are forced to get rid of him due to hardball from his group.

And I would add Leonard's health is a real wildcard in all of this.
Who's to say he's guaranteed to get over his injury 100%. It took him out for a whole season and was the basis of a internal quarrel with the Spurs' doctors and Leonard's third party.

I would bet that will come up in potential trade discussions. It's up to Buford/Popovich to know when to deal or fold.

I'll be watching Brown closely in these next two Cleveland games.

Oh by the way the guy is same age as Murray. How's that for your Spurs backcourt for the next decade.

cd98
05-18-2018, 03:05 PM
I'm throwing that out as a 'bottom-barrel' offer, or something that is an option if the s hits the fan and Spurs are forced to get rid of him due to hardball from his group.

And I would add Leonard's health is a real wildcard in all of this.
Who's to say he's guaranteed to get over his injury 100%. It took him out for a whole season and was the basis of a internal quarrel with the Spurs' doctors and Leonard's third party.

I would bet that will come up in potential trade discussions. It's up to Buford/Popovich to know when to deal or fold.

I'll be watching Brown closely in these next two Cleveland games.

Oh by the way the guy is same age as Murray. How's that for your Spurs backcourt for the next decade.

I'm not convinced Murray is a long term NBA player. At least not a starter. The bar was low in S.A. as you had Mills (mostly a 2 guard), Parker (coming off an injury and clearly in decline), or Murray (can't shoot or finish...PGs must do more than rebound). TBH, the best PG and the one used in crunch time in important games was 40 year old Manu.

But the deal you proposed would be for Kawhi only (no way you throw in Mills like he has no value and no way you give them a pick in the first round). Kawhi is better than all the players in this deal, even if his leg injury is degenerative. If you have Kawhi for the next three years, he's probably an all star and a first or second team all NBA. Brown and Rozier are nice, starter level NBA players, but they aren't superstars like Kawhi and the 18th pick is probably equal value for Rozier (sorry, but he and Brown are more "system" players and it's not clear Rozier would translate outside of Boston who made IT look like an MVP).

spurs1990
05-18-2018, 03:16 PM
cd98 very good points on system. We tend to be guilty of momentary bias when we see results like what Boston has done being up 2-0 in the ECF.
I've not been following them closely but do look at box-scores, browse twitter, and listen to the talking head shows (undisputed, podcasts) and of course the play of Brown and Rozier is being dizzied up.

I threw in Mills to offset the PT of Rozier and of course to remedy the bitching we hear about his contract from this very board, but yeah all things being equal I'd hold on to him.

If I were a betting man I'd say Leonard is here come October and the Spurs play it out through the trade deadline.
The brighter alternative is to get Philly, Boston, or LA in a bidding war and give up a Tatum, Simmons, Ingram in a package.

duncan2150
05-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Deals Who could be good for kawhi will have to include at least simmons plus... with phila, tatum plus... with boston and ingram/randle with the lakers.

Spurs9
05-18-2018, 03:22 PM
"Suns GM Open to Deandre Ayton, Luka Doncic, Trade, More with No. 1 Draft Pick"
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776757-suns-gm-open-to-deandre-ayton-luka-doncic-trade-more-with-no-1-draft-pick

itshappening.gif

exstatic
05-18-2018, 03:24 PM

If you're only getting Brown, and not Tatum, you have to have Boston's Sacto pick in next year's draft.

mo7888
05-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Honestly, the McDonough quote about Phoenix only trading #1 for a young proven star is pretty interesting. DPG mentions them alot as a possible trading partner but, hardly anybody else has. There's no doubt that they can put together as strong a package as anyone. Hopefully, they'll get interested..

DPG21920
05-18-2018, 09:59 PM
PHX makes a ton of sense. Just depends on if Kawhi will commit to them.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2018, 10:54 PM

My only problem is with this draft, I don't see a sure fire star . I.E I think a player like Sexton or Mikal Bridges has a chance to be a better player than Doncic overall. Hell even Troy Brown JR.

As crazy as this sounds, I'd rather trade to LAC for Harris, 12, 13 and a future 1st for Kawhi than to PHX for the 1 and fillers.

For whatever reason, we value #1s the same every year, but they shouldn't be valued the same. The #1 this year isn't all that pretty in my opinion.

Ice009
05-18-2018, 11:30 PM

Could Kawhi be interested in joining them long term due to their training staff if his injury is actually degenerative? Is the Phoenix training staff still highly rated as one of the top ones in the NBA?

DPG21920
05-19-2018, 10:52 AM
My only problem is with this draft, I don't see a sure fire star . I.E I think a player like Sexton or Mikal Bridges has a chance to be a better player than Doncic overall. Hell even Troy Brown JR.

As crazy as this sounds, I'd rather trade to LAC for Harris, 12, 13 and a future 1st for Kawhi than to PHX for the 1 and fillers.

For whatever reason, we value #1s the same every year, but they shouldn't be valued the same. The #1 this year isn't all that pretty in my opinion.

It’s just the most valuable asset. I think if you can get Jackson + #1 that is the best chance of landing a star. I’m hoping SA does that then pulls an Ainge and gets like the 3rd pick plus another first for trading back.

DPG21920
05-19-2018, 10:54 AM
Could Kawhi be interested in joining them long term due to their training staff if his injury is actually degenerative? Is the Phoenix training staff still highly rated as one of the top ones in the NBA?

I have no idea what Kawhi thinks. I think PHX is a big market and they have Booker and it may be appealing because it’s not SA. We shall see. But I’ve been on the Kawhi to PHX train and was rooting for them to land the top pick.

spurs1990
05-19-2018, 11:53 AM
Lots of great options you guys are presenting. Didn't even consider the Phoenix and clippers trades but that adds two more candidates to up the ante on what San Antonio can get back on Leonard. I'm getting more confident the pot is going to be sweetened and that the Spurs will win out even if they're holding a weak hand.

I know it's ancient history but from football remember the Cowboys trading Hershel Walker in his prime and using those assets to forge three future title runs. Leonard could be our Walker and this trade pays off in the early '20s when the GS core ages past its current apex.

cd021
05-19-2018, 12:11 PM

That is a horrible trade, tbh.
PAFTO giving up a pick to move a player that was top 3 in MVP voting is outrageous, they'd be better offer trying to make things work then.

cd021
05-19-2018, 12:15 PM
It’s just the most valuable asset. I think if you can get Jackson + #1 that is the best chance of landing a star. I’m hoping SA does that then pulls an Ainge and gets like the 3rd pick plus another first for trading back.

1st and 16th might be more realistic, if they are still high on Jackson, PHX might be tired of the constant draft and develop approach and be willing to part with both to bring in Kawhi.

cd021
05-19-2018, 12:24 PM
If you're only getting Brown, and not Tatum, you have to have Boston's Sacto pick in next year's draft.

That trade has a number of issues, moving Mills to Boston would be a no go with Hayward, Horford, Kyrie and then Kawhi on the team with him making 11 million, plus,
per year.

Moving the 18th, along with Kawhi, is baffling to me and only getting Boston's 2018 pick back is another issue. Then there is how Rozier would fit along with Parker, Murray and Mills, and also having to take on Morris.

There is always the chance that PATFO is higher on Tatum than Brown so Brown and the Kings pick wouldn't be enough of a core deal to get them to pull the trigger, adding the Grizzlies pick would probably do it ,though.

CGD
05-19-2018, 01:08 PM
Two deals for a rebuild:

1. The Philly deal we’ve all coalesced around (Fultz, Saric, and 10).

2. Second deal: swap LMA, Murray, 18 for Gasol and 4.

Key peices to build around:
- Fultz
- 4th Pick
- 10th pick
- Saric
- Philly stashes (e.g., Bolden or AP)
- Mulitinov
- White
- next years 2019 pick (bc well suck in 2018)

Leetonidas
05-19-2018, 01:20 PM
Two deals for a rebuild:

- Fultz
- 4th Pick
- 10th pick
- Saric
- Mulitinov
- White

What's the point of trading Kawhi and LMA to get Marc? I would rather go full cap relief and picks route over absorbing some old coach killing diva who doesn't want to play for a rebuilding team anyway

Spurs9
05-19-2018, 01:23 PM
What's the point of trading Kawhi and LMA to get Marc? I would rather go full cap relief and picks route over absorbing some old coach killing diva who doesn't want to play for a rebuilding team anyway

:lmao giving up LMA for Marc :lmao

mo7888
05-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Two deals for a rebuild:

- Fultz
- 4th Pick
- 10th pick
- Saric
- Mulitinov
- White

I'd be all over that if it was on the table. The only difference I have is that I don't think we'd suck next year.

palangi
05-19-2018, 01:35 PM

If we could get Jackson then use that first pickon Ayton... that wouldbe great

Ocotillo
05-19-2018, 02:09 PM
The better Boston does in the playoffs, the less likely they are to deal and if they were to deal, Ainge would drive an even tougher bargain than he normally would. I don't think Boston will happen nonetheless.

Philly is a bit intriguing. Brett Brown supposedly is a Patty Mills fan and it would be really nice to ship Patty out in some sort of blockbuster deal.

With Patty gone, TP could get his legacy contract........

dbreiden83080
05-19-2018, 03:00 PM
Just keep him. You never get equal value for a superstar player. What the hell did the Cavs just get back for Kyrie? A 5'5 PG with a bum hip that lasted 2 months with the team. It is not like the Spurs are going to get back another player as good. Or a number 1 draft pick..

RD2191
05-19-2018, 03:10 PM
Just keep him. You never get equal value for a superstar player. What the hell did the Cavs just get back for Kyrie? A 5'5 PG with a bum hip that lasted 2 months with the team. It is not like the Spurs are going to get back another player as good. Or a number 1 draft pick..

Tbh

palangi
05-19-2018, 03:34 PM
The better Boston does in the playoffs, the less likely they are to deal and if they were to deal, Ainge would drive an even tougher bargain than he normally would. I don't think Boston will happen nonetheless.

Philly is a bit intriguing. Brett Brown supposedly is a Patty Mills fan and it would be really nice to ship Patty out in some sort of blockbuster deal.

With Patty gone, TP could get his legacy contract........

Just trade patty for oneof those early second round picks

CGD
05-19-2018, 04:25 PM

Moving LMA (and 18) for Marc is not about Marc but about 4th pick. Marc’s deal is also a year shorter, so there’s that.

Leonard’s is a separated deal around Fultz, Saric, and 10, which many of us have raised in here already.

lmbebo
05-19-2018, 04:53 PM
Moving LMA (and 18) for Marc is not about Marc but about 4th pick. Marc’s deal is also a year shorter, so there’s that.

Leonard’s is a separated deal around Fultz, Saric, and 10, which many of us have raised in here already.

Not sure why Memphis does that if they are closer to a rebuild than championship contention? They've got many other bloated contracts with Conley and Chandler Parson.

mo7888
05-19-2018, 05:17 PM

If we want to tank and they want to push for the playoffs tbey send Chandler instead of Marc and we buy him out. If we want to be competitive (and we might with the young draft picks) then we push for Marc to be included.

exstatic
05-19-2018, 05:25 PM
Uh, they also got the #8 overall pick. That ain’t chopped liver. If the keep him, be ready for more of the same shit next season. Better some return than nothing.

BackHome
05-19-2018, 05:25 PM
People just think We tank and then we get next David or Timmy umm reality check once we start tanking it will be years before we good again. Most of the posters in here will probably be dead of old age before we get back to finals.

DPG21920
05-19-2018, 09:07 PM
These Boston players sure look more average on the road then they do at home.

Mr. Body
05-19-2018, 10:04 PM
These Boston players sure look more average on the road then they do at home.

Almost everyone on that team is a system player, and often players like that aren't great on the road. Only Kyrie and Hayward are close to star-level players who can deal with pressure environments where Stevens' coaching can't always penetrate. People talk up Horford, but he's above serviceable and little more, another system guy.

MoSpur02
05-19-2018, 10:40 PM
Almost everyone on that team is a system player, and often players like that aren't great on the road. Only Kyrie and Hayward are close to star-level players who can deal with pressure environments where Stevens' coaching can't always penetrate. People talk up Horford, but he's above serviceable and little more, another system guy.

I agree somewhat. These guys are young in the Conference Finals on the road. Except for Horford who was horrible. I'm cutting them (Tatum, Brown, and Rozier) some slack. I still think Ainge makes a push for Kawhi offering one or two of those pieces. Kawhi is a MVP type of player. Best two way player in the league.

If he can add Kawhi to the Celtics he will. Of course this all depends on if the Spurs and Kawhi don't come to an agreement and if they feel Kawhi is healthy. Just my opinion.

cd021
05-19-2018, 11:25 PM

I'd much rather keep Murray, 18th and LMA and move Kawhi for Fultz, Saric, Covington, Lakers Pick, and Parsekniks. Spurs would have the young prospects they need to rebuild without necessarily bottoming out and still being a team that can win 40 games.

cd021
05-19-2018, 11:34 PM
Not sure why Memphis does that if they are closer to a rebuild than championship contention? They've got many other bloated contracts with Conley and Chandler Parson.

If we want to tank and they want to push for the playoffs tbey send Chandler instead of Marc and we buy him out. If we want to be competitive (and we might with the young draft picks) then we push for Marc to be included.

Conley-3 years, $97 Million remaining
Parsons-2 years, $49 Million remaining
Gasol-2 years, $49.7 Million remaining
---------------------------------------------
$195.7 paid out over the next three seasons.

They could use that pick to try and attach with one of those three players in a deal but they have really no young assets and their 2018 pick is owed to Boston, which is probably a lottery pick and has decent chance of conveying unless they tank.

For Memphis' sake, they should absolutely use the 4th pick. I would keep the pick, see how things go next season and if the wheels fall off- then tank and try to keep their 2018 pick.

exstatic
05-20-2018, 06:20 AM
I'd much rather keep Murray, 18th and LMA and move Kawhi for Fultz, Saric, Covington, Lakers Pick, and Parsekniks. Spurs would have the young prospects they need to rebuild without necessarily bottoming out and still being a team that can win 40 games.

The thing is, if LMA wants out, you really have to trade him, at some point. All of us remember disinterested, disengaged LMA from 2016-2017. No one wants that.

davi78239
05-20-2018, 08:22 AM

I thought we got Steve Kerr back in the trade for Anderson No? I think Steve Smith was a FA signing?

baseline bum
05-20-2018, 08:38 AM
I thought we got Steve Kerr back in the trade for Anderson No? I think Steve Smith was a FA signing?

Nah it was Smith for DA + Kerr. The Spurs traded Antonio Daniels to Portland the next year to get Kerr back.

davi78239
05-20-2018, 08:51 AM
Nah it was Smith for DA + Kerr. The Spurs traded Antonio Daniels to Portland the next year to get Kerr back.

Ahh that's right.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2018, 09:11 AM
I believe the Spurs will trade LMA now that he's at his highest value (compared to last year at this very time). They will do this by mostly giving him away for little - possibly making the other team take on Gasol's contract. They will move away from big line-ups.

They will keep Kawhi somehow and try to get Lebron.

It's possible the strategy is to keep Kawhi and free up cap to do the above. All the other pieces except TP and Manu are fair game. This is in my view the end game play they are considering now.

tholdren
05-20-2018, 09:16 AM
Boston in conf finals wout any star player.... yet you bums cry about more help.

Sad nba

Seventyniner
05-20-2018, 09:50 AM
I believe the Spurs will trade LMA now that he's at his highest value (compared to last year at this very time). They will do this by mostly giving him away for little - possibly making the other team take on Gasol's contract. They will move away from big line-ups.

It's possible the strategy is to keep Kawhi and free up cap to do the above. All the other pieces except TP and Manu are fair game. This is in my view the end game play they are considering now.

???

It would be pretty easy to move away from big lineups when you dump the only two bigs on the roster. :lol

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2018, 10:05 AM
???

It would be pretty easy to move away from big lineups when you dump the only two bigs on the roster. :lol

Your center doesn't need to be an All-star anymore in this league. Is Clint Capela a super star? no - he's just good enough to help the other stars on the team.

cd021
05-20-2018, 10:25 AM
The thing is, if LMA wants out, you really have to trade him, at some point. All of us remember disinterested, disengaged LMA from 2016-2017. No one wants that.
If he does, then that's a different story but I haven't heard anything besides some poster's sauces.

If Phoenix is interested in both LMA and Kawhi then moving both there, while being a fucking shitshow, would allow the Spurs to jump-start the rebuild

PHX Gets;

Kawhi Leonard
LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs Get;
Tyson Chandler (Expiring)
T.J Warren (Decent player on a pretty good deal)
Dragon Bender (Prospect)

1st Pick
16th Pick
31st Pick

Possible Roster for 2018-2019 (in this scenario);

Murray
Parker
Mills
Doncic
16th Pick
31st Pick
18th Pick (probably unlikely Spurs would have 4 rookies on the team in any scenario)
Chandler
Gasol
Anderson
Green?
Gay?
Warren
Bertans
Bender
White

cd021
05-20-2018, 10:35 AM
Your center doesn't need to be an All-star anymore in this league. Is Clint Capela a super star? no - he's just good enough to help the other stars on the team.

I'd say he's definitely above average and fits the team's needs like a glove. Steve Adams isn't a superstar or an all-star but he is pretty damn good.

I would say teams can get by with a mediocre center, depending on what they provide and the talent around them. If a team just needs someone to crash the glass, set good on and off ball screens and roll to the basket, then sure, but having players like Adams and Capela, who can do those things plus protect the basket and anchor a defense is obviously better to have.

cd021
05-20-2018, 10:44 AM

Kawhi and his Uncle Denis "the Menace" Robertson apparently believe that the Spurs were falling behind GSW following winning 61 games and a WCF run, moving Aldridge and keeping Kawhi to open up roster space for Lebron to possible come doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Also teams won't have cap space to take on $38 million in salary, maybe Phoenix, if we take back Chandler's expiring to help offset some of the money but i'm not sure what we could return, the 16th Pick?

mo7888
05-20-2018, 11:40 AM
If he does, then that's a different story but I haven't heard anything besides some poster's sauces.

If Phoenix is interested in both LMA and Kawhi then moving both there, while being a fucking shitshow, would allow the Spurs to jump-start the rebuild

PHX Gets;

Kawhi Leonard
LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs Get;
Dragon Bender (Prospect)

1st Pick
16th Pick
31st Pick

Murray
Parker
Mills
Doncic
16th Pick
31st Pick
18th Pick (probably unlikely Spurs would have 4 rookies on the team in any scenario)
Chandler
Gasol
Anderson
Green?
Gay?
Warren
Bertans
Bender
White

If you do that deal you e got to get Josh Jackson as well.

FireMicoHalili
05-20-2018, 12:56 PM
I don’t know how people still fall for news formatted this way but O’Connor just made a few bucks reporting and stating the obvious. I understand there’s skepticism about how things played out with the roster last year but any GM would balk at underwhelming trade offers. His take offers nothing new, nothing most Spurs fans didn’t know.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 01:45 PM
I don’t know how people still fall for news formatted this way but O’Connor just made a few bucks reporting and stating the obvious. I understand there’s skepticism about how things played out with the roster last year but any GM would balk at underwhelming trade offers. His take offers nothing new, nothing most Spurs fans didn’t know.

The difference is MOST everyone is reporting otherwise; that SA will/has to move Kawhi by the draft because they can’t afford to have thing linger on another year.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Kawhi and his Uncle Denis "the Menace" Robertson apparently believe that the Spurs were falling behind GSW following winning 61 games and a WCF run, moving Aldridge and keeping Kawhi to open up roster space for Lebron to possible come doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Also teams won't have cap space to take on $38 million in salary, maybe Phoenix, if we take back Chandler's expiring to help offset some of the money but i'm not sure what we could return, the 16th Pick?

Fair points - the 18th pick could add some value, no questions about that. I think the Spurs have a couple bad contracts that they need to squeeze in somehow. I don't believe the Spurs need to blow it up, nor I believe they'll do that. So they know they can't stay put - they need to do something. It's plausible one of the 2 stars will be traded. I don't see it any other way at least for 2018-2019

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 05:09 PM
But if the Spurs decide not to trade him and let him play out his contract and leave as a free agent, he loses millions he will feel for years to come. And if he isn't healthy next year or doesn't play like an all-star, he will really lose $$$$.

He loses money. What do the Spurs get? That money the player loses? Other player? They don't get anything.

So if the Spurs don't give him an extension nor trade him, he'll leave in FA. I wouldn't call it an option if both sides lose.

tholdren
05-20-2018, 05:14 PM
He loses money. What do the Spurs get? That money the player loses? Other player? They don't get anything.

So if the Spurs don't give him an extension nor trade him, he'll leave in FA. I wouldn't call it an option if both sides lose.

Change your avatar and your fake quote

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 05:18 PM

That’s on Kawhi though. There comes a point if Kawhi is holding SA hostage that the ONLY option is to let him walk even if that hurts both people. SA can at least show other players that they don’t play that and it’s not like SA isn’t winning the PR battle.

They have tremendous relationships with teams and executives across the league; head coaches in many other franchises. They will understand why SA did what they did and so will agents who know Kawhi is being repped by someone that appears to be in well over his head if we are to believe the reports of him not having an agency or any other Nba players he’s repping.

duncan2k5
05-20-2018, 05:58 PM
so now Spurstalk posters know more than “league execs?”

About whats going on with kawhi and the spurs?? We most definitely do! The execs are clearly just speculating if u read the article

duncan2k5
05-20-2018, 06:04 PM
Kawhi doesnt want to leave, and isnt gonna be traded...close thread

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 06:36 PM
They have tremendous relationships with teams and executives across the league; head coaches in many other franchises.
While a 70 years old coach is still with the team...I wonder what will happen in one, two years.

Sadly, those great relationships didn't make them to offer something good for Kawhi forcing the Spurs to let him walk in 2019 FA.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 06:37 PM
Change your avatar and your fake quote
I won't. :lol

I've already told you I'll keep it even if he gets traded just to bother you.

tholdren
05-20-2018, 06:39 PM
I won't. :lol

I already told you I'll keep it even if he gets traded just to bother you.

Then stop using emojis. Sad for adults to use.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 06:48 PM
get ready for some awkward HEB commercials
:lol :tu

Instead of throwing him out of a plane, next time we'll see "crashing the plane" with him still on board...

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 06:56 PM
Then stop using emojis. Sad for adults to use.

You say it's sad for adults to use emojis, to watch NBA...Poor little troll, it seems like you waste your life hating on stupid things.

tholdren
05-20-2018, 06:59 PM
You say it's sad for adults to use emojis, to watch NBA...Poor little troll, it seems like you waste your life hating on stupid things.

Sad. You use emojis and watch nba. Just sad

spurs10
05-20-2018, 07:45 PM
That’s on Kawhi though. There comes a point if Kawhi is holding SA hostage that the ONLY option is to let him walk even if that hurts both people. SA can at least show other players that they don’t play that and it’s not like SA isn’t winning the PR battle.

They have tremendous relationships with teams and executives across the league; head coaches in many other franchises. They will understand why SA did what they did and so will agents who know Kawhi is being repped by someone that appears to be in well over his head if we are to believe the reports of him not having an agency or any other Nba players he’s repping. It is a PR nightmare for him on top of an eight figure nightmare for him.

Kawhi doesnt want to leave, and isnt gonna be traded...close thread Pretty much what I'm thinking.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 08:05 PM
While a 70 years old coach is still with the team...I wonder what will happen in one, two years.

Sadly, those great relationships didn't make them to offer something good for Kawhi forcing the Spurs to let him walk in 2019 FA.

You know this doesn’t make sense. Of course Pop is a big reason why the relationships are good and he helped many coaches get jobs across the league. But these people won’t hate the Spurs or respect them less if he leaves.

On top of that, what are you trying to say? That relationships aren’t really good and teams/agents/players don’t respect the Spurs because they won’t give up the farm for Kawhi with everything that is going on? I mean, what kind of argument is that other than just trying to be right at the sake of being intellectually honest?

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 08:12 PM
If Kawhi wants out, hopefully cooler heads prevail. Im hoping that Kawhi and his camp give the Spurs a list of multiple teams vs just trying to force their way to Lakers or one team. If they are open to multiple teams, SA should get a solid enough package.

daslicer
05-20-2018, 08:14 PM
If Kawhi wants out, hopefully cooler heads prevail. Im hoping that Kawhi and his camp give the Spurs a list of multiple teams vs just trying to force their way to Lakers or one team. If they are open to multiple teams, SA should get a solid enough package.

Cris Carter who I believe is one of Kawhi's uncle's mouth pieces has said that Kawhi's camp would be open to going to Boston,Philadelphia,NYC.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 08:17 PM
You know this doesn’t make sense. Of course Pop is a big reason why the relationships are good and he helped many coaches get jobs across the league. But these people won’t hate the Spurs or respect them less if he leaves.
Man, no one said they will hate the Spurs, I just think the relationship won't be that great or the same without Pop.

On top of that, what are you trying to say? That relationships aren’t really good and teams/agents/players don’t respect the Spurs because they won’t give up the farm for Kawhi with everything that is going on? I mean, what kind of argument is that other than just trying to be right at the sake of being intellectually honest?
I'm saying that good relationships are nice but teams aren't helping the Spurs with this franchise player's issue. NBA is about business not respect.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 08:22 PM
Man, no one said they will hate the Spurs, I just think the relationship won't be that great or the same without Pop.

I'm saying that good relationships are nice but teams aren't helping the Spurs with this franchise player's issue. NBA is about business not respect.

If you believe that then why are you posting about players/agents “thinking SA is difficult” , etc..? It matters a lot in the nba but not the point where teams will harm themselves.

Spurs with the Kawhi deal will not be viewed in a bad light by players, agents or whomever if Kawhi walks. They have enough clout to where everyone understands WHY it got to that point.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 08:52 PM
If you believe that then why are you posting about players/agents “thinking SA is difficult” , etc..? It matters a lot in the nba but not the point where teams will harm themselves.
Two different things.

I said some of those good relationships with other teams will change without Pop.

And players/agents could think the Spurs' way is too hard to handle.

If they can get some money in other place without the need of dealing with an old way to make things work...I guess those players won't sign with the Spurs.

The Spurs were Tim Duncan.
They didn't have a ring before him and won't have any other without him.

Spurs couldn't keep their franchise player, couldn't get a good trade-deal, or win something...without Tim.

Spurs with the Kawhi deal will not be viewed in a bad light by players, agents or whomever if Kawhi walks. They have enough clout to where everyone understands WHY it got to that point.
Just your point of view. You don't know this.

After what happened to IT, many players could support Kawhi secretly....Many players could think that a player has to do what's the best for him.

In fact, an NBPA article supported Kawhi.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 08:54 PM
Ok.

daslicer
05-20-2018, 08:55 PM
Two different things.

I said some of those good relationships with other [i]teams] will change without Pop. And players/agents could think the Spurs' way is too hard to handle.

If they can get some money in other place without the need of dealing with an old way to make things work...I guess those players won't sign with the Spurs.

Spurs couldn't keep their franchise player, couldn't get a good trade-deal, or win something...without Tim.

Just your point of view. You don't know this.

After what happened to IT, many players could support Kawhi secretly....Many players could think that a player has to do what's the best for him.

In fact, an NBPA article supported Kawhi.

There was no article by the NBPA. The article you are referring to was done by a pro-black awoke guy that Michele Roberts re-tweeted.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 08:56 PM
:lol I just have to laugh at the thought of players “secretly” supporting Kawhi. No player would support someone forcing their way out of a WCF team while at the same time losing 80M guaranteed. If there is anything they will be doing in secret it’s laughing while saying I will never touch Kawhi’s agent or anything he’s apart of.

daslicer
05-20-2018, 08:58 PM
:lol I just have to laugh at the thought of players “secretly” supporting Kawhi. No player would support someone forcing their way out of a WCF team while at the same time losing 80M guaranteed. If there is anything they will be doing in secret it’s laughing while saying I will never touch Kawhi’s agent or anything he’s apart of.

:lol Pretty much this.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 09:07 PM
There was no article by the NBPA. The article you are referring to was done by a pro-black awoke guy that Michele Roberts re-tweeted.
You're right. She didn't write it, she RT. Michele Roberts, NBPA's executive director. The same director that Ramona said she offered help to Kawhi's camp if they needed it.
I doubt she can do it if the union doesn't know a shit...

daslicer
05-20-2018, 09:11 PM
You're right. She didn't write it, she RT. Michele Roberts, NBPA's executive director. The same director that Ramona said she offered help to Kawhi's camp if they needed it.
I doubt she can do it if the union doesn't know a shit...

:lol Her fucking job is to serve all the players in the league. If any player has a problem she is there to help them if they require her assistance. I doubt she consulted any players when she RT that article. :lmao Do you honestly believe she needed to consult the the Union to RT that article?

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 09:14 PM
:lol I just have to laugh at the thought of players “secretly” supporting Kawhi. No player would support someone forcing their way out of a WCF team while at the same time losing 80M guaranteed.
IDK...They coul trust his NYC doctors saying he wasn't ready to play in the playoffs. After all, his NYC doctors have connections with NBA's and other league's teams.

If there is anything they will be doing in secret it’s laughing while saying I will never touch Kawhi’s agent or anything he’s apart of.
I have no doubt that other players wouldn't want his uncle as agent. :lol It doesn't mean they don't believe in his injury.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 09:16 PM
:lol Her fucking job is to serve all the players in the league. If any player has a problem she is there to help them if they require her assistance. I doubt she consulted any players when she RT that article. :lmao Do you honestly believe she needed to consult the the Union to RT that article?

I guess she needs to consult to offer help...I doubt the Union does it in all cases without a talk.

Ramona said she offered help before his cam required her assistence...It seemed the Union was talking about this issue previously.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 09:22 PM
IDK...They coul trust his NYC doctors saying he wasn't ready to play in the playoffs. After all, his NYC doctors have connections with NBA's and other league's teams.

I have no doubt that other players wouldn't want his uncle as agent... :lol It doesn't mean they don't believe in his injury.

His Uncle isn’t his agent though. Im saying forget about the injuries; I think players believe that. They just don’t agree with HOW he handled it when he’s due 219M and doing everything he can evidently to get that offer tossed in the trash. Players do things to get max money unless you are KD and are doing it to win.

Players don’t give up money to go to worse teams; let alone 80M!

I don’t think Kawhi is in with players either. There have been reports about players not liking him so it’s not just hearsay. I think players in general support moves like KD to GS if it’s to win or moves that give you power to secure as much money as possible/not take discount.

Kawhi and his team is doing neither so that’s why I’m saying players will be laughing at Kawhi and his agent for what is going on. Just silly and I really do hope things get salvaged. I want Kawhi to be a happy Spur and make money to set family up for generations to come.

Thomas82
05-20-2018, 09:32 PM

PHX Gets;

Kawhi Leonard
LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs Get;
Dragon Bender (Prospect)

1st Pick
16th Pick
31st Pick

Murray
Parker
Mills
Doncic
16th Pick
31st Pick
Chandler
Gasol
Anderson
Green?
Gay?
Warren
Bertans
Bender
White

No way I would pass on Ayton if I got the No. 1 pick.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 09:55 PM
His Uncle isn’t his agent though. Im saying forget about the injuries; I think players believe that. They just don’t agree with HOW he handled it when he’s due 219M and doing everything he can evidently to get that offer tossed in the trash. Players do things to get max money unless you are KD and are doing it to win.

Players don’t give up money to go to worse teams; let alone 80M!

He didn't give up money to go to a worse team, he wanted to sign a supermax deal that the Spurs refused to offer for his injury/relationship issue/Spurs' financial future/whatever reason...

Also, you talk like there were many ways to handle it with Pop. Most people know it's Spurs' way or nothing.

Why do you think that Jabari Young replied to you with that "Spurs lose/alienate a top 5 player" tweet.

He didn't trust Spurs' doctors and the team couldn't handle it.

You always said that Kawhi could manage it better, the Spurs too.
They should avoid things like Parker trying to save SAS' doctors rep throwing his teammates under the bus..Or that Pop's "ask his group" when Kawhi called him almost every day.

If we believe that ESPN article criticizing his uncle then we have to believe the part that said the Spurs were always too reluctant to let Kawhi working with outside doctors.

When most coaches and teams in the league have no issues with it, it seemed like Pop felt it as a way to lose control.

Again, Spurs' way over everything.

I guess other non-Spurs players get this, too.

I don’t think Kawhi is in with players either. There have been reports about players not liking him so it’s not just hearsay.
IDK..The same reporter that said that LeBron didn't like Kawhi is saying that LeBron wants to convince Kawhi to play together...

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Why would the Spurs offer SuperMax with how Kawhi acted? SA let him control his rehab for 8 months with no improvement. Also, Kawhi didn’t do anything as a good teammate while getting paid and let his team drive a wedge between them.

Did SA get frustrated and let it show sometimes? Sure, but on the scale of handling things poorly it’s on Kawhi. Especially if you want a team to pay you 219M. You better show them beyond a shadow of a doubt you are worth it.

Seeking out your own team, keeping them in the dark, being a questionable teammate and still not getting healthy even though you have your own doctors for 8 months? What about that screams “pay me 219M”?

daslicer
05-20-2018, 10:01 PM
He didn't give up money to go to a worse team, he wanted to sign a supermax deal that the Spurs refused to offer for his injury/relationship issue/Spurs' financial future/whatever reason...

Also, you talk like there were many ways to handle it with Pop. Most people know it's Spurs' way or nothing.

Why do you think that Jabari Young replied to you with that "Spurs lose/alienate a top 5 player" tweet.

He didn't trust Spurs' doctors and the team couldn't handle it.

You always said that Kawhi could manage it better, the Spurs too.
They should avoid things like Parker trying to save SAS' doctors rep throwing his teammates under the bus..Or that Pop's "ask his group" when Kawhi called him almost every day.

If we believe that ESPN article criticizing his uncle then we have to believe the part that the Spurs were always too reluctant to let Kawhi working with outside doctors.

When most coaches and teams in the league have no issues with it, it seemed like Pop felt it as a way to lose control.

Again, Spurs' way over everything.

I guess other non-Spurs players get this, too.

IDK..The same reporter that said that LeBron doesn't like Kawhi is saying that LeBron wants to convince Kawhi to play together...

:lol Lebron is a pimp doesn't mean he likes Kawhi even if he wants him to play with him. It just means he views Kawhi as somebody he can use to help him win more title much like he has used Bosh,Kyrie, etc.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 10:03 PM
Also, plenty of teams have issues with it. Spurs have had other players get 2nd opinions as well and had no issues with it..

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 10:11 PM
And to sum it up; the other players won’t care about the details. They see a guy who sat out had 219M on the table if he just acted normal and will see a guy going to a worse team for 80M less than he could have had. They won’t care about the details and the Spurs already won the PR battle to boot.

That’s all I was getting at IF it gets to the point where SA holds onto Kawhi because Kawhi is playing hard ball and limiting their ability to yield a good return in a deal.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 10:12 PM
Seeking out your own team, keeping them in the dark, being a questionable teammate and still not getting healthy even though you have your own doctors for 8 months? What about that screams “pay me 219M”?
About being a bad teammate and keeping them in the dark are things that you want to believe. Because Kawhi said the opposite.

He said he called Pop daily, he called and texted his teammates all season. Sure, he didn't text Parker/Manu but he called his younger teammates since Day 1 of rehab.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 10:16 PM
About being a bad teammate and keeping them in the dark are things that you want to believe. Because Kawhi said the opposite.

He said he called Pop daily, he called and texted his teammates all season. Sure, he didn't text Parker/Manu but he called his younger teammates since Day 1 of rehab.

You believe that? I don’t believe what Kawhi said because he said he was close and never returned. Also, think about it: Why would Pop be mad and act like he didn’t know what was going on if Kawhi was truly keeping them in the loop?

You think Pop wants Kawhi gone and wanted him to want out? You think Pop hates Kawhi for choosing his own doctors so much that he would risk losing him especially knowing the true details on him actually being hurt?

Why the players only meeting including the younger guys if they all knew what was going on?

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 10:21 PM
:lol Lebron is a pimp doesn't mean he likes Kawhi even if he wants him to play with him. It just means he views Kawhi as somebody he can use to help him win more title much like he has used Bosh,Kyrie, etc.

If Lebron thinks Kawhi can help him to win more titles that means Lebron has to view him as an elite player...which was exactly what he didn't want to recognize in previous season.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 10:23 PM
I think the players knew he was good; he just was not part of the “in” crowd. They didn’t feel he was better than guys like Paul George, etc..(they were wrong.

daslicer
05-20-2018, 10:23 PM
If Lebron thinks Kawhi can help him to win more titles that means Lebron has to view him as an elite player...which was exactly what he didn't want to recognize in previous season.

Right and that doesn't mean he likes Kawhi.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 10:24 PM
And to sum it up; the other players won’t care about the details. They see a guy who sat out had 219M on the table if he just acted normal and will see a guy going to a worse team for 80M less than he could have had. They won’t care about the details and the Spurs already won the PR battle to boot.
There is no way of acting normal when Spurs' doctors cleared him to play but he still felt his quad wasn't right.

He wouldn't play injured to "act normal".

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 10:33 PM
There is no way of acting normal when Spurs' doctors cleared him to play but he still felt his quad wasn't right.

He wouldn't play injured to "act normal".

I’m saying, do your rehab, but be around the team, be a player coach, talk to the media and keep everyone up to date, etc..

You can’t choose your own doctors and be in control of your rehab for 8 months and say as little as he did especially as “rumors” fly.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 10:41 PM
You believe that? I don’t believe what Kawhi said because he said he was close and never returned.
He had a setback. Even RC said Kawhi's rehab was never linear...

About teammates, others Spurs' players confirmed that Kawhi called them all season. That ESPN article, too.

Also, think about it: Why would Pop be mad and act like he didn’t know what was going on if Kawhi was truly keeping them in the loop?

You think Pop wants Kawhi gone and wanted him to want out? You think Pop hates Kawhi for choosing his own doctors so much that he would risk losing him especially knowing the true details on him actually being hurt?

Why the players only meeting including the younger guys if they all knew what was going on?

Because Pop wanted to force Kawhi's into Spurs' way again, wanted to gain total control again, wanted Kawhi to leave his NYC doctors....He though Kawhi's camp would panic but it didn't work.

Pop doesn't hate Kawhi for choosing his own doctors, I guess he hates the fact Kawhi doesn't trust Spurs' doctors anymore.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 10:51 PM
That seems far fetched to me considering there have been examples of SA players getting 2nd opinions and never having any issues with it like this.

Also, I can see them wanting Kawhi to leave his doctors when he’s had 8 months with doctors of his choosing and they are suffering setbacks under their watch. Obviously his doctors didn’t really know what they were doing, no?

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 10:58 PM
I’m saying, do your rehab, but be around the team, be a player coach, talk to the media and keep everyone up to date, etc..

Do you really think the Spurs would have given him $219 if he would do all those things but still couldn't play? Do you think they would have thrown that money at him after just 9 games in a season?

I guess Kawhi knew that answer better than us.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 11:01 PM
I’m saying he would have gotten more money had he gone about things that way than he appears to be headed towards. If SA believes he is damaged goods and Kawhi doesn’t want to believe that (even though it’s getting harder to not believe SA looking at how Kawhi is still not cleared even after 8 months with his own hand picked multiple doctors and continuing to suffer setbacks) then there is the impass.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 11:03 PM
That seems far fetched to me considering there have been examples of SA players getting 2nd opinions and never having any issues with it like this.

Also, I can see them wanting Kawhi to leave his doctors when he’s had 8 months with doctors of his choosing and they are suffering setbacks under their watch. Obviously his doctors didn’t really know what they were doing, no?

Ramona said his NYC doctors found ossifications that Spurs' doctor never did. I doubt those NYC want to lose their good rep or even their careers lying about his injury.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 11:05 PM
Ramona said his NYC doctors found ossifications that Spurs' doctor never did. I doubt those NYC want to lose their good rep or even their careers lying about his injury.

Bottom line is he had 8 months on his own schedule. Maybe it was that that caused the ossifications? Maybe they weren’t there when SA had control but this new regimen caused this? Also I dont think the NY has a good rep for this type of injury at all. Not that it’s bad, but he’s not someone considered elite at dealing with this type of injury from what I’ve heard.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 11:08 PM
I’m saying he would have gotten more money had he gone about things that way than he appears to be headed towards.

He wouldn't have gotten the super-max. The rest doesn't matter.

I guess the only incentive that young players have in small markets is getting big money, otherwise there is no reason to stay.

DPG21920
05-20-2018, 11:12 PM
^ That is ridiculous on many levels. The SuperMax is artificial. This “smal market” can pay him just as much as LA can if LA wanted to max him out. In fact, they can pay him MORE and still not have to pay the FULL SuperMax.

But there is plenty of reason to stay like winning/coaching/etc...SA is much better than LA. You can market yourself from anywhere in the world now as proven by other small market stars making money more than Kawhi has.

Mr. Body
05-20-2018, 11:16 PM

PHX Gets;

Kawhi Leonard
LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs Get;
Dragon Bender (Prospect)

1st Pick
16th Pick
31st Pick

Murray
Parker
Mills
Doncic
16th Pick
31st Pick
Chandler
Gasol
Anderson
Green?
Gay?
Warren
Bertans
Bender
White

I don't think you ever see Kawhi and LMA go to the same team together.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 11:17 PM
Bottom line is he had 8 months on his own schedule. Maybe it was that that caused the ossifications? Maybe they weren’t there when SA had control but this new regimen caused this?
I doubt it. How would you have ossifications for rehabbing? What causes ossifications happens to athletes playing.

Also I dont think the NY has a good rep for this type of injury at all. Not that it’s bad, but he’s not someone considered elite at dealing with this type of injury from what I’ve heard.
I didn't say his doctors are the best, I'm just saying they wouldn't put at risk careers and rep for lying about a player injury.

spurs10
05-20-2018, 11:29 PM
Pop said 'He's in NYC trying to get healthy.' This was immediately following 'you'll have to ask his group' which got spun all over the place. There is little doubt that several of the veteran players were in the dark, but I have no reason to believe he was ever doing anything other than 'trying to get healthy.'

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 11:35 PM
^ That is ridiculous on many levels. The SuperMax is artificial. This “smal market” can pay him just as much as LA can if LA wanted to max him out. In fact, they can pay him MORE and still not have to pay the FULL SuperMax.
He wanted full supermax.
If a player would lose money one way or another...I guess he would want to choose where he would lose his money.

But there is plenty of reason to stay like winning/coaching/etc...
I doubt it if Kawhi felt that Spurs' doctors mishandled his injury in some way.

SA is much better than LA.
Don't need to tell me this. I hate Lakers and Clips.

You can market yourself from anywhere in the world now as proven by other small market stars making money more than Kawhi has.
Not every player has a crazy personality like Russ.

daslicer
05-20-2018, 11:39 PM
He wanted full supermax not what the Spurs can offer over others teams.

If a player would lose money one way or another...I guess he would want to choose where he would lose his money.

I doubt it if Kawhi felt that Spurs' doctors mishandled his injury.

Not every player has a crazy personality like Russ.

Durant didn't have a crazy personality either and was able to get endorsement deals while he was in OKC. Stop making excuse for Kawhi being a mute.

YGWHI
05-20-2018, 11:49 PM
Durant didn't have a crazy personality either and was able to get endorsement deals while he was in OKC. Stop making excuse for Kawhi being a mute.
Durant was #2 pick, he always got media attention and he was open to them.

Saying Kawhi is a low-key guy it's not an excuse, it's a fact.

daslicer
05-21-2018, 12:00 AM
Durant was #2 pick, he always got media attention and he was open to them.

Saying Kawhi is a low-key guy it's not an excuse, it's a fact.

My point it's not about having a crazy personality that gets you endorsements. You stated earlier that having a crazy personality gets you endorsements and I debunked that so you changed the narrative by deflecting and saying Kawhi is low key. Kawhi had plenty of opportunities to get the attention Durant was getting by the media.He never put himself out there like Durant did when it came to giving interviews with media. Anyways Kawhi being low key like you said makes him and his people come across as retarded for bitching about lack of endorsements due to being in SA. Sounds like you are making excuses for him.

YGWHI
05-21-2018, 12:20 AM
Kawhi had plenty of opportunities to get the attention Durant was getting by the media.
Not really, fans and media always saw him as a top player since his draft. That wasn't Kawhi's case.

He never put himself out there like Durant did when it came to giving interviews with media.
This is true.

Anyways Kawhi being low key like you said makes him and his people come across as retarded for bitching about lack of endorsements due to being in SA. Sounds like you are making excuses for him.
Even a low-key guy has more opportunities in a big market.
People talk about Boston/Los Angeles/NYC players all time...Just being on the roster help them.

Kawhi did it well on marketability terms playing for a small market, he got his first Jordan deal, was top selling jerseys...But if he gets traded to some bigger market he could improve it.

daslicer
05-21-2018, 12:40 AM
Not really, fans and media always saw him as a top player since his draft. That wasn't Kawhi's case.

This is true.

Even a low-key guy has more opportunities in a big market.
People talk about Boston/Los Angeles/NYC players all time...Just being on the roster help them.

Kawhi did it well on marketability terms playing for a small market, he got his first Jordan deal, was top selling jerseys...But if he gets traded to some bigger market he could improve it.

Durant didn't start getting attention from the media until OKC made the playoffs in 2010. Prior to that the only attention he received was during the draft but nobody cared about him afterwards until the '09-'10 season that's when he put himself on the map with leading the Thunder to the playoffs.

Like I said before you are deflecting this is not about Kawhi's potential to get big endorsements in a big market simply by playing there. This is about Kawhi and his people bitching about SA holding him back from getting endorsements when I feel he held himself back since other guys like Lebron,Durant have proven location does not hold you back from getting endorsements.

Anyways name me a guy who has similar personality to Kawhi that has gotten tons of endorsements? I can't think of any. If you want to get endorsements you have to be willing to play the game which is to whore yourself out the media and make yourself visible on social media. Not SA's fault Kawhi was not willing to play that game. It seems like Kawhi wants to have it both ways which is have privacy like Duncan and also want to have Lebron-Durant level of fame. It doesn't work like that.

YGWHI
05-21-2018, 12:52 AM
Durant didn't start getting attention from the media until OKC made the playoffs in 2010. Prior to that the only attention he received was during the draft but nobody cared about him afterwards until the '09-'10 season that's when he put himself on the map with leading the Thunder to the playoffs.

Like I said before you are deflecting this is not about Kawhi's potential to get big endorsements in a big market simply by playing there. This is about Kawhi and his people bitching about SA holding him back from getting endorsements when I feel he held himself back since other guys like Lebron,Durant have proven location does not hold you back from getting endorsements.

Anyways name me a guy who has similar personality to Kawhi that has gotten tons of endorsements? I can't think of any. If you want to get endorsements you have to be willing to play the game which is to whore yourself out the media and make yourself visible on social media. Not SA's fault Kawhi was not willing to play that game. It seems like Kawhi wants to have it both ways which is have privacy like Duncan and also want to have Lebron-Durant level of fame. It doesn't work like that.

A quiet player with a similar personality getting ton of endorsements in the past...I won't mention a player with a flower as last name.

I doubt Kawhi would care about endorsements if he would have gotten a super-max deal, now he has to look for other ways to get money.

spurs10
05-21-2018, 01:46 AM
A quiet player with a similar personality getting ton of endorsements in the past...I won't mention a player with a flower as last name.

I doubt Kawhi would care about endorsements if he would have gotten a super-max deal, now he has to look for other ways to get money. Do we have any idea if Kawhi has or hasn’t been offered a super-max deal. I think the Spurs will put it on the table, if he can play. I also believe they will discuss who he wants at his side. Kawhi will want to win and might work with Spurs to make sure they’ve got a team to surround him.

exstatic
05-21-2018, 06:57 AM
Do we have any idea if Kawhi has or hasn’t been offered a super-max deal. I think the Spurs will put it on the table, if he can play. I also believe they will discuss who he wants at his side. Kawhi will want to win and might work with Spurs to make sure they’ve got a team to surround him.
Doubt they do either. To pay the SuperMax as a small market team, that player has be an integrated part of the program. The last year of that deal would be $49M. You don’t pay that to someone who sits out a season.

Kawhi and his team have their own agenda. They don’t care about the Spurs.

daslicer
05-21-2018, 10:13 AM
]A quiet player with a similar personality getting ton of endorsements in the past...I won't mention a player with a flower as last name.[/B]

I doubt Kawhi would care about endorsements if he would have gotten a super-max deal, now he has to look for other ways to get money.

Which player is that?

Kawhi's people wanted endorsements and the super max. Don't act like they didn't want both.

DPG21920
05-21-2018, 10:29 AM
Which player is that?

Kawhi's people wanted endorsements and the super max. Don't act like they didn't want both.

He’s referring to Rose

r0drig0lac
05-21-2018, 02:10 PM

word

cd98
05-21-2018, 02:34 PM
Realgm article is saying the Spurs are planning on offering the entire max. Of course, who knows if that's true or more speculation. The more I think about it, the more I think Kawhi taking up 35% of the salary cap will hurt the Spurs chances to compete.

DPG21920
05-21-2018, 02:57 PM
The best situation is Kawhi staying a Spur or more importantly signing a contract. Once he does that, SA totally owns the situation and like I’ve been saying: Even if Kawhi wants out, him signing still makes the most sense money-wise.

SpursDynasty85
05-21-2018, 04:07 PM
The best situation is Kawhi staying a Spur or more importantly signing a contract. Once he does that, SA totally owns the situation and like I’ve been saying: Even if Kawhi wants out, him signing still makes the most sense money-wise.

Assuming Kawhi only signs a Super Max (Everything on the internet speculates this) and from what I've read on this forum Spurs have to wait a year to trade him what does that to do his trade value next year? I read an article where the Spurs think this is a chronic issue. That would still be on the back of everyone's mind too right?

DPG21920
05-21-2018, 04:25 PM
Assuming Kawhi only signs a Super Max (Everything on the internet speculates this) and from what I've read on this forum Spurs have to wait a year to trade him what does that to do his trade value next year? I read an article where the Spurs think this is a chronic issue. That would still be on the back of everyone's mind too right?

You do have to wait a year IF he signs the SuperMax. SA can offer him a non-SuperMax contract though and that goes away (but beside the point).

If it’s a really chronic issue, I don’t see the Spurs offering a huge deal but maybe. If Kawhi signs I’m assuming he plays unless there is a new injury so I don’t think it would be a situation where Kawhi signs and plans to sit out.

exstatic
05-21-2018, 04:34 PM
You do have to wait a year IF he signs the SuperMax. SA can offer him a non-SuperMax contract though and that goes away (but beside the point).

If it’s a really chronic issue, I don’t see the Spurs offering a huge deal but maybe. If Kawhi signs I’m assuming he plays unless there is a new injury so I don’t think it would be a situation where Kawhi signs and plans to sit out.

I would not make that assumption. If SA knuckles under to Uncle Fester, they may sit out to try to force a trade to LA. They haven't exactly been making rational decisions.

SpursDynasty85
05-21-2018, 05:04 PM
I would not make that assumption. If SA knuckles under to Uncle Fester, they may sit out to try to force a trade to LA. They haven't exactly been making rational decisions.

That would be unprecedented in the NBA and would be a terrible pr move by Kawhi and his posse. On top of that I do not believe Kawhi would sit out after just losing 1 year of his prime already. You can tell he wants to be an NBA legend. I believe both parties will try to settle it out this off season. If not Kawhi will play his best on his 1 year and then probably sign with the Lakers (Worst case scenario).

exstatic
05-21-2018, 05:16 PM
That would be unprecedented in the NBA and would be a terrible pr move by Kawhi and his posse. On top of that I do not believe Kawhi would sit out after just losing 1 year of his prime already. You can tell he wants to be an NBA legend. I believe both parties will try to settle it out this off season. If not Kawhi will play his best on his 1 year and then probably sign with the Lakers (Worst case scenario).

You think what they've done so far isn't both of those things?

DPG21920
05-21-2018, 05:29 PM

That does not make any sense. If Kawhi signs an extension he has zero say on where he goes. They can send him wherever they want. Once Kawhi signs, he loses the leverage to truly control where he plays. Teams would gamble knowing Kawhi has no choice and if he wants to sit out then SA can do what they need to do to file a grieveance or ruin his career by calling his bluff for 5 years :lol

SpursDynasty85
05-21-2018, 05:44 PM
You think what they've done so far isn't both of those things?

It's possible but again I don't see Kawhi letting another year of his prime go to waste and another media circus. I see him willing to play the year out and just signing next year vs sitting out in protest.

DPG21920
05-21-2018, 05:50 PM
Look, SA won’t get taken here. If they sign Kawhi there will be systems in place.

cd021
05-21-2018, 06:26 PM
Realgm article is saying the Spurs are planning on offering the entire max. Of course, who knows if that's true or more speculation. The more I think about it, the more I think Kawhi taking up 35% of the salary cap will hurt the Spurs chances to compete.

I hope that they offer him the 30% max instead; dare him to turn down ~$193 million which would help to mitigate the financial risks.

cd021
05-21-2018, 06:29 PM
An underrated part of him signing the supermax, is that he can't be traded for a full year. If the relationship is still frayed then the Spurs could still move him and he would already be locked in for five seasons, increasing the number of teams who would potentially try to acquire him.

YGWHI
05-22-2018, 10:01 AM
Kawhi and his team have their own agenda. They don’t care about the Spurs.
I wonder who pro player really cares about a franchise.

I doubt LBJ cares about Cavs, he left them before and will do it again...KD, Irving, Hayward, LMA...All players have their own agendas.

Kawhi's camp agenda in this next offseason is a supermax deal. I wouldn't blame them for trying to get the best contract...

A player needs to stay 10, 15 years in a city, feels the team like a family, to care about the franchise. That's why Tim Duncan was unique, unrepeatable.

exstatic
05-22-2018, 03:26 PM
I wonder who pro player really cares about a franchise.

I doubt LBJ cares about Cavs, he left them before and will do it again...KD, Irving, Hayward, LMA...All players have their own agendas.

Kawhi's camp agenda in this next offseason is a supermax deal. I wouldn't blame them for trying to get the best contract...

A player needs to stay 10, 15 years in a city, feels the team like a family, to care about the franchise. That's why Tim Duncan was unique, unrepeatable.

Tim cared a lot quicker than 10-15 years. So did Tony and Manu. Tim opted out to create cap room for Kidd in 2003. Manu signed for $1.4M on his FIRST CONTRACT, after being the Euroleague Final Four MVP and beating the US team at the 2002 Worlds. Tony left $25-30M on the table with his first post-rookie contract. ALL of those were when they were about Kawhi's current age.

dbreiden83080
05-22-2018, 06:20 PM
Uh, they also got the #8 overall pick. That ain’t chopped liver. If the keep him, be ready for more of the same shit next season. Better some return than nothing.

Well if Leonard wants to see to it he is offered essentially the price of a big Mac and Coke on his next contract, by all means he will pull the same shit next season. I dare him to do it.

spursistan
05-22-2018, 06:30 PM
tbh :lol

Quite obvious Uncle Dennis doesn't give a shit about the optics of it all. Gotta admit that by choosing to bang heads with Pop and the most respected organization in the NBA he's proven to be a ballsy faggot in that regard. I honestly think it's pretty much the supermax or "I'm outta here" for him.

YGWHI
05-23-2018, 08:56 AM
Tim cared a lot quicker than 10-15 years. So did Tony and Manu. Tim opted out to create cap room for Kidd in 2003. Manu signed for $1.4M on his FIRST CONTRACT, after being the Euroleague Final Four MVP and beating the US team at the 2002 Worlds. Tony left $25-30M on the table with his first post-rookie contract. ALL of those were when they were about Kawhi's current age.

Manu and Parker were part of the Big3, not the franchise player. That was Tim.

Next time, try to mention some player in today NBA, not guys who hit their peacks in mid 2.000's.