PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Of today

lefty
05-20-2018, 09:46 PM
WTF is this shit

apalisoc_9
05-20-2018, 10:13 PM
Most talented generation of all time.

But talent does not = good entertainment.

NBA is practiclly not a sport anymore.

daslicer
05-20-2018, 10:15 PM
Watching the Warriors play is like watching Team USA vs World. Not much for entertainment and good story lines.

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2018, 10:20 PM
regarding the warriors, that repeated luxury tax....is there any proof of a transaction the team actually paid the fine? or its just all smoke and mirrors by team and league?

when is this team meant to break up like someone has mention due to team owners dont wanan absorb the costs of paying that luxury tax

daslicer
05-20-2018, 10:58 PM
regarding the warriors, that repeated luxury tax....is there any proof of a transaction the team actually paid the fine? or its just all smoke and mirrors by team and league?

when is this team meant to break up like someone has mention due to team owners dont wanan absorb the costs of paying that luxury tax

Under the luxury tax rules Warriors pay 2.5 times the amount that they are over the luxury threshold due to being a repeater. Currently the luxury threshold is 119 million. So currently the Warriors pay role is 137 mil. So they would pay an extra 45 million in luxury tax. It doesn't really mean anything if Lacob is willing to pay the extra money which I think he will to keep this team together.

ambchang
05-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Further proof that Americans are a bunch of misogynist. :lol today’s nba is basically a taller WNBA and yet WNBA players are getting a fraction of what nba players got paid. Same pay for equal work.

Xevious
05-20-2018, 11:22 PM
Further proof that Americans are a bunch of misogynist. :lol today’s nba is basically a taller WNBA and yet WNBA players are getting a fraction of what nba players got paid. Same pay for equal work.
They get paid what the market allows. I don't have numbers, but the WNBA brings in a shit load less money than the NBA does. It would make no sense for salaries to be equal.

lefty
05-20-2018, 11:44 PM

This tbh

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2018, 11:44 PM
do gleague players get paid more t hen wnba players?

i read some wnba players on the offseason they play overseas also just to make extra money... hence there are other women sports that get paid differently also due to popularity or type of revenue comes in...

midnightpulp
05-21-2018, 12:36 AM
It'll never be fixed, either. Like I've always said, Silver and Co. found the perfect formula that's most compatible with social media. Fast paced, high scoring games centered around 3s and layups/dunks. Move the fuckin' line back 5 feet. The original intent of the 3 pointer was to be something akin to a Hail Mary play, not the primary or even secondary offensive weapon. When athletes catch up to the sport's design, it should be tweaked. But again, it's fan interest (or lack thereof) that drive the tweaks, so I'm wasting my breath.

Silver&Black
05-21-2018, 01:21 AM

:lol You thinking that's how it should work

You must be trolling, tbh.

ambchang
05-21-2018, 09:13 AM
They get paid what the market allows. I don't have numbers, but the WNBA brings in a shit load less money than the NBA does. It would make no sense for salaries to be equal.

People don’t watch WNBA because they are misogynistic. Why not pay for those products? Same as :lol today’s nba.

spurraider21
05-21-2018, 09:58 AM
thanks for rehashing the most retarded argument against athlete salaries of all time

Silver&Black
05-21-2018, 04:49 PM
People don’t watch WNBA because they are misogynistic. Why not pay for those products? Same as :lol today’s nba.

Quick question. Do you watch the WNBA?

Chris Fall
05-21-2018, 05:22 PM
Fact is with the evolution of three point dominated style of play, this was foreseeable, even in playoff games. During the course of the regular season, it at least felt like we saw more 25+ point blowouts than we had before, as well as a bunch of double digit comebacks even in the fourth quarter.

Teams shoot an egregiously absurd amount of threes. They get hot and make a bunch and build a 30 point lead by halftime. Flip side, a team up by 20 points keeps shooting an egregiously absurd amount of threes and cool off and miss a bunch and in a matter of a couple minutes, they lose their 20 point lead.

It’s what’s the game has become, like it or not.

dbestpro
05-21-2018, 05:43 PM
Allowing people to play defense like they did during the bad boy Piston days would do wonders to make the game interesting. Now, its kind of like watching the YMCA on Saturdays.

DMC
05-21-2018, 05:54 PM
its good for basketball. we need better teams, not more balance.

DMC
05-21-2018, 05:56 PM

bullshit. people can see better ball at their local high school

ambchang
05-22-2018, 05:40 AM
Quick question. Do you watch the WNBA?

Same as :lol today’s nba. Pass the ball around. Chuck a shot.

ambchang
05-22-2018, 05:43 AM
bullshit. people can see better ball at their local high school

Yup. High school > :lol today’s nba and WNBA.

lebomb
05-22-2018, 06:42 AM
Gerald Green from the Rockets had a fast break with two other Rockets in front of him. He pulls up a 3pt shot on the run. Keep in mind, the was the middle of the quarter to. Nigga throws up a brick of biblical proportions............ :lmao

Today NBA :rolleyes

lefty
05-22-2018, 07:32 AM
Allowing people to play defense like they did during the bad boy Piston days would do wonders to make the game interesting. Now, its kind of like watching the YMCA on Saturdays.

I'm all for it

We need rivalries too.

All of this because some retarded fans threw beer on players in the Palace

Silver&Black
05-22-2018, 08:05 AM
:lol KitchenBall

Clipper Nation
05-22-2018, 08:48 AM
I'm all for it

We need rivalries too.

All of this because some retarded fans threw beer on players in the Palace
:lol No, it's because DK cried to Stern and got the rules changed to make it easier for him to win.

lefty
05-22-2018, 12:12 PM
:lol No, it's because DK cried to Stern and got the rules changed to make it easier for him to win.
True true
But there was still some physicality left after that.

But after the Malice the NBA made the league extra super soft

daslicer
05-22-2018, 12:21 PM

The league still had most of the defensive rules from the 90's up until the mid 00's. It was actually the Spurs and Pistons that got the league to change the defensive rules after the '05 finals got super low ratings.

Spurtacular
05-22-2018, 02:50 PM
Most talented generation of all time.

Nah.

Spurtacular
05-22-2018, 02:53 PM

It's misogynistic to not watch an inferior product?

The Gemini Method
05-22-2018, 03:02 PM
Yeah, no. Those 80-75 barn burners of the 90's were so entertaining...Would Spurs fans be whining if they were in the place of the Warriors? No. To the rich go the spoils.

ambchang
05-22-2018, 03:16 PM
It's misogynistic to not watch an inferior product?

Same product. NBA = taller WNBA.

Run around, chuck some threes.

Only reason people don't watch WNBA is because of the "W". For shame.

spurraider21
05-22-2018, 03:28 PM
Same product. NBA = taller WNBA.
flawed premise

ambchang
05-22-2018, 08:03 PM
flawed premise

Because ...

spurraider21
05-22-2018, 08:19 PM
Because ...
because the products aren't the same, and there is more than a height difference.

ambchang
05-22-2018, 08:37 PM
because the products aren't the same, and there is more than a height difference.
Pass pass pass chuck

spurraider21
05-22-2018, 09:08 PM
Pass pass pass chuck
oh, ok.

DMC
05-23-2018, 06:12 AM
Yup. High school > :lol today’s nba and WNBA.

Except this is a forum everyone discusses the NBA. Here you are.

DMC
05-23-2018, 06:14 AM
Pass pass pass chuck

You're certainly welcome to watch the WNBA anytime you want or not watch the NBA. What does it matter what other people watch? Why do you think it's misogynistic for people to decide what they want to watch? I don't want to watch a bunch of guys cooking on cooking shows, that's a woman's job.

ambchang
05-23-2018, 08:14 AM
You're certainly welcome to watch the WNBA anytime you want or not watch the NBA. What does it matter what other people watch? Why do you think it's misogynistic for people to decide what they want to watch? I don't want to watch a bunch of guys cooking on cooking shows, that's a woman's job.

Who said I cared?