PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Kai - YouTube series review

SpursforSix
05-23-2018, 09:57 AM
Props to Darth Pelican for mentioning this.

When I first heard about it, I thought that it had to be a joke. Then when I saw that it was real, I thought there was no way it wouldn't suck.

But I'm 6 episodes in (out of 10 I think) and it's been a fun watch. Definitely cheesy but in a way that makes it funny and nostalgic.

8/10 with the caveat that I don't know how this would play to someone who didn't see the original one.

lil'mo
05-23-2018, 10:13 AM
How old are you again?

LaMarcus Bryant
05-23-2018, 11:09 AM
Ralph Maccio's face has considerably expanded in size and shape
I didn't even think it was the same actor

Blake
05-23-2018, 11:31 AM

He's now a Karate Man

SpursforSix
05-23-2018, 11:39 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if he puffed up a little bit for the role so he can show some weight loss during his training.

But maybe I'm overthinking it.

DJR210
05-23-2018, 12:06 PM
The crane kick was a staple of my childhood arsenal

SpursforSix
05-23-2018, 12:11 PM
The crane kick was a staple of my childhood arsenal

It's not defensible.

Hey...are you in for FF this year?

DJR210
05-23-2018, 12:21 PM
It's not defensible.

It will probably be a game time decision

SpursforSix
05-23-2018, 12:38 PM
It will probably be a game time decision

aight

Xevious
05-23-2018, 01:35 PM
It was better than expected tbh. I'll watch season two (it has already been renewed). My biggest gripe is that it relies too heavily on coincidence to move the plot along. Other than that, there is some cheesiness you'd expect. I think Daniel and Johnny getting drunk and looking up Ali's facebook page was my favorite scene. :lol

I thought the short episodes were a bit weird at first, but it works. The show didn't over stay its welcome.

SpursforSix
05-23-2018, 02:09 PM
It was better than expected tbh. I'll watch season two (it has already been renewed). My biggest gripe is that it relies too heavily on coincidence to move the plot along. Other than that, there is some cheesiness you'd expect. I think Daniel and Johnny getting drunk and looking up Ali's facebook page was my favorite scene. :lol

I thought the short episodes were a bit weird at first, but it works. The show didn't over stay its welcome.

Yeah on the coincidences. But since I'm already suspending reality, it's not too much to overlook.

My favorite was the spin kick to the Boba tea.

_ekmrDUNGyk

Blake
05-23-2018, 02:13 PM
It's not defensible.

You have to sweep the leg before your opponent can raise arms

SpursforSix
05-23-2018, 02:16 PM
You have to sweep the leg before your opponent can raise arms

You don't get "not defensible".

You're in the stance from the beginning. You just hop over the attempted sweep. Then pivot hop and wait for the opponent to stand back up.
Then....KAPOWEE

Reck
05-23-2018, 02:28 PM
Definitely cheesy but in a way that makes it funny and nostalgic.

Next review! :lol

I'm too old for cheesy shows these days. Fuck nostalgia.

Besides, I was never a fan of the kid karate movies. They sucked.

Darth_Pelican
05-23-2018, 02:33 PM

When I first heard about it, I thought that it had to be a joke. Then when I saw that it was real, I thought there was no way it wouldn't suck.

But I'm 6 episodes in (out of 10 I think) and it's been a fun watch. Definitely cheesy but in a way that makes it funny and nostalgic.

8/10 with the caveat that I don't know how this would play to someone who didn't see the original one.

:bobo I'm glad you're enjoying it. I agree with the 8/10 rating. I love the 30 minute episode format as well; it keeps the show moving at a fast pace without any particular scene or subplot dragging too slowly. I also like how Johnny is now painted as the good guy most of the time and Daniel is now the cocky asshole.

Darth_Pelican
05-23-2018, 02:37 PM

:lol "I bet that guy is an asshole" (referring to her husband)

SpursforSix
05-23-2018, 02:38 PM
Next review! :lol

I'm too old for cheesy shows these days. Fuck nostalgia.

Besides, I was never a fan of the kid karate movies. They sucked.

Lol. I know this one isn't for everybody.

SpursforSix
05-23-2018, 02:45 PM
:bobo I'm glad you're enjoying it. I agree with the 8/10 rating. I love the 30 minute episode format as well; it keeps the show moving at a fast pace without any particular scene or subplot dragging too slowly. I also like how Johnny is now painted as the good guy most of the time and Daniel is now the cocky asshole.

It's just what I needed. I've watched so many police and crime noir series that they start to run together. I agree about the 30 minute length. It's perfect for this show.

Yeah on the role reversal. Also the fact that Johnny didn't just turn around in one episode. And giving his backstory as well.

Blake
05-23-2018, 03:43 PM
You don't get "not defensible".

You're in the stance from the beginning. You just hop over the attempted sweep. Then pivot hop and wait for the opponent to stand back up.
Then....KAPOWEE

You're right. I watched the clip and he is in the stance from the get-go. It's better than bo Jackson super tecmo bowl.

Darth_Pelican
05-02-2019, 09:18 PM

Damn, that final scene in season 2 and the Cruel Summer cover was good stuff.

SpursforSix
05-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Damn, that final scene in season 2 and the Cruel Summer cover was good stuff.

Oh shit. I wasn’t even aware Season 2 was out. As soon as the Spurs are out of the playoffs, I’ll be checking it out.

koriwhat
05-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Oh shit. I wasn’t even aware Season 2 was out. As soon as the Spurs are out of the playoffs, I’ll be checking it out.

:lmao

Spurtacular
05-03-2019, 11:12 PM
How old are you again?

This a forum that revels in Marvel movies.

aj3292
05-05-2019, 12:38 PM

I actually see them both painted as completely sympathetic characters. It is easier for me to connect to Johnny's situation than Daniel's for simple economic reasons. Daniel does sometimes behave like a cocky asshole, but I think that like Johnny, he has been struggling to connect to what is important to him and to be taken seriously by people around him. He seems to have respect on the surface, but a lot of people are openly disrespectful of his passion for karate (i.e. asserting it is a sales gimmick or his gi is a "costume"). Through their rivalry, they are able to grow as individuals and become more authentic, actualized versions of themselves.

Mitch
05-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Pretty good series, tbh. Has that cheesy 80s action movie vibe like the actors (mostly Zabka aka Johnny) never moved on from Karate Kid. I'm a bit worried they'll abandon that moral gray area of who is the real good guy between Johnny and Daniel, tbh.

This pretty much sums up the series :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXHX8_GNopM

Spurtacular
05-05-2019, 03:16 PM
I've watched the free episode for each season. The show is really good.

Spurtacular
05-05-2019, 03:22 PM
Doubt the producers will admit it; but this is essentially the inspiration for the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiNESoqgGG4

rjv
05-06-2019, 10:40 AM
I actually see them both painted as completely sympathetic characters. It is easier for me to connect to Johnny's situation than Daniel's for simple economic reasons. Daniel does sometimes behave like a cocky asshole, but I think that like Johnny, he has been struggling to connect to what is important to him and to be taken seriously by people around him. He seems to have respect on the surface, but a lot of people are openly disrespectful of his passion for karate (i.e. asserting it is a sales gimmick or his gi is a "costume"). Through their rivalry, they are able to grow as individuals and become more authentic, actualized versions of themselves.

there are moments when daniel has become the bully and johnny is the one you feel sympathetic towards. and it is cool that you see that neither is their sensei although in different ways. daniels tries so hard to be mr. miyagi but is no where near being him while johnny wants so hard not to be kreese.

rjv
05-06-2019, 10:42 AM
the first season was better, imo as this one was a bit more predictable (especially in regards to the puppy love romances, some of which were just hard to watch). great cliffhanger to end season 2 though.

aj3292
05-06-2019, 12:39 PM
there are moments when daniel has become the bully and johnny is the one you feel sympathetic towards. and it is cool that you see that neither is their sensei although in different ways. daniels tries so hard to be mr. miyagi but is no where near being him while johnny wants so hard not to be kreese.

That's a good point. I didn't even notice that contrast. I was glad that Johnny didn't fall apart emotionally when Kreese showed up. He gave him a chance, which was foolish on a practical level, but understandable on a moral level. But he didn't get weak and start agreeing with Kreese's bullshit. Daniel's the one who has struggled to keep it together in season 2.

Darth_Pelican
05-08-2019, 09:13 AM
the first season was better, imo as this one was a bit more predictable (especially in regards to the puppy love romances, some of which were just hard to watch). great cliffhanger to end season 2 though.

The puppy love romances don't bother me too much because it holds true to Karate Kid; their entire feud started over Ali. I liked the ending scene and the cliffhanger. I just don't want Johhny to join Miyagi-Do and team up with Daniel to take down Kreese in S3 now that he got kicked out of Cobra Kai. That would be bullshit. Johnny needs to still be himself and teach the way he was teaching. And his one loyal student is probably going to be injured for a while, plus his mom now hates him.

rjv
05-08-2019, 12:17 PM
The puppy love romances don't bother me too much because it holds true to Karate Kid; their entire feud started over Ali. I liked the ending scene and the cliffhanger. I just don't want Johhny to join Miyagi-Do and team up with Daniel to take down Kreese in S3 now that he got kicked out of Cobra Kai. That would be bullshit. Johnny needs to still be himself and teach the way he was teaching. And his one loyal student is probably going to be injured for a while, plus his mom now hates him.

good point on the puppy love aspect. i do think, however, that johnny and daniel are heading towards teaming up and that ali may even be the catalyst that pulls them together (a totally surprising twist would be that she comes back and has an affair with johnny and then daniel and then everything goes all nuts).

Darth_Pelican
05-09-2019, 02:14 PM
good point on the puppy love aspect. i do think, however, that johnny and daniel are heading towards teaming up and that ali may even be the catalyst that pulls them together (a totally surprising twist would be that she comes back and has an affair with johnny and then daniel and then everything goes all nuts).

If Ali returns, it better be Elisabeth Shue and not a new actress. That would ruin the series.

rjv
05-10-2019, 10:59 AM
If Ali returns, it better be Elisabeth Shue and not a new actress. That would ruin the series.

i agree. so far, she hasn't given any info and just recently gave a wait and see response to being asked if she would agree to reprising her role.

aj3292
05-11-2019, 12:40 PM

I'd be surprised if Ali does anything other than tears people apart. Then again, when Johnny and Daniel were talking about her at the bar in Season 1, I got the impression they were realizing that they might have missed out on a friendship with each other while they were busy fighting over a girl neither of them ultimately ended up with. If Ali shows up, I assume it will be bad at first, but maybe they'll rise above the rivalry this time. I too hope that they will team up against Kreese. The whole philosophy of the show is about balance, and they have the traits to balance each other out.

Mitch
09-28-2019, 10:48 AM
RIP Rob Garrison (Tommy), glad he got to have a role in the series tbh

Spurtacular
09-28-2019, 03:16 PM

Put him in a body bag! Yea!

Xevious
09-28-2019, 08:23 PM
Yeah he looked like hell on the show but I'm glad they were able to have him on before he died.

baseline bum
09-28-2019, 09:36 PM
The fan service can be super cringy (eg Macchio making Johnny's kid do wax on wax off on the cars) but the story is pretty good and they have done a pretty good job making Johnny into an interesting character.

Mitch
09-29-2019, 01:59 AM
The fan service can be super cringy (eg Macchio making Johnny's kid do wax on wax off on the cars) but the story is pretty good and they have done a pretty good job making Johnny into an interesting character.

I saw it as mocking the original a bit, tbh.

TimmyBuckets
09-30-2019, 11:58 PM
This show is awesome. The homages to the movie are well done and don't come off as clingy to me. Plus Zabka's character is easy to cheer for.

tempest186
04-22-2020, 09:42 AM
Has anyone heard a release date for season 3?

SpursforSix
09-10-2020, 02:47 PM
Finally got around to watching Season 2. Still greatness. The "Here I Go Again" intro was pretty funny.

baseline bum
09-10-2020, 03:26 PM
Has anyone heard a release date for season 3?

Wasn't Season 3 supposed to have been done in Okinawa? Good luck being allowed to come film now.

baseline bum
09-10-2020, 03:27 PM
Though a Season 3 in Okinawa would have been horrible anyways. Johnny is what makes the show, he is so much more interesting than Macchio.

SpursforSix
09-10-2020, 04:38 PM
Wasn't Season 3 supposed to have been done in Okinawa? Good luck being allowed to come film now.

Supposedly, Season 3 is already filmed and edited and ready to go.

leemajors
09-10-2020, 06:38 PM
Supposedly, Season 3 is already filmed and edited and ready to go.

That's what Bret Ernst said on Bill Bert Podcast

Xevious
09-10-2020, 07:56 PM
Though a Season 3 in Okinawa would have been horrible anyways. Johnny is what makes the show, he is so much more interesting than Macchio.
Already filmed supposedly. Daniel does go to Okinawa in season 3 and characters from KK part 2 show up.

Darth_Pelican
09-11-2020, 09:58 AM
Will Elisabeth Shue be in S3?

johnsmith
09-11-2020, 01:08 PM
First season was great, second season had too much high school kid drama. Once they run out of fan service references things could get dicey. Hopefully they have an ending in mind, I’d bet they only have one, maybe two more seasons of solid material before it gets really terrible.

Totally agree. As someone that watches all sorts of Disney pre-teem shows with my 8 year old daughter, I can say with certainty that this show slowly became just like those sitcoms. Liv&Maddie, Bizardvark, and Thats So Raven are all the same quality as season 2 of this show.

SpursforSix
09-11-2020, 08:05 PM
First season was great, second season had too much high school kid drama. Once they run out of fan service references things could get dicey. Hopefully they have an ending in mind, I’d bet they only have one, maybe two more seasons of solid material before it gets really terrible.

yeah. Somewhat agree although I still enjoyed S2. But I often found myself wanting to get back to the Johnny/Daniel scenes. I really liked the restaurant episode.

Spurtacular
09-11-2020, 09:54 PM
It's on Netflix now; but I haven't got around to watching it.

Darth_Pelican
09-17-2020, 08:52 AM

:lol So his famous line in Karate Kid was "get him a body bag! Yeah!"

His last scene in Cobra Kai: him being zipped up into a body bag.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/35d148ee9486315674168f4c78bdf58b/tumblr_p9f9to0G1o1xue4oto1_640.png

Xevious
09-17-2020, 09:26 AM

https://64.media.tumblr.com/35d148ee9486315674168f4c78bdf58b/tumblr_p9f9to0G1o1xue4oto1_640.png
I never made that connection. That's kind of fucked up. :lol

SpursforSix
09-17-2020, 01:13 PM

Damn...that's a good catch.

Darth_Pelican
09-17-2020, 03:18 PM
Damn...that's a good catch.

Bend over, I'll show you a good catch.

LaMarcus Bryant
09-21-2020, 03:22 PM
Yeah season 2 got cringey at times with the high school storylines Esp the Mohawk columbine looking psycho kid.
But the Johnny and Danny scenes make it all worth it imo. The restaurant episode was awesome.

FrostKing
09-27-2020, 04:29 AM
On-board. Netflix.

Darth_Pelican
10-12-2020, 02:42 PM
YkadyuliPSs

Blake
10-12-2020, 03:27 PM
Yeah season 2 got cringey at times with the high school storylines Esp the Mohawk columbine looking psycho kid.
But the Johnny and Danny scenes make it all worth it imo. The restaurant episode was awesome.

Concur ^

Blake
10-12-2020, 03:31 PM
Is Ally Sheedy gonna make an appearance after all? I'm not really hoping for it, just curious since they keep teasing it.

Especially since she ain't coming back to The Boys

SpursforSix
10-12-2020, 03:54 PM
Is Ally Sheedy gonna make an appearance after all? I'm not really hoping for it, just curious since they keep teasing it.

I'm lost. Was she in one of the original movies? I don't remember that at all. Although I don't think I ever watched the 3rd one.

Darth_Pelican
10-12-2020, 05:21 PM

I think you mean Elisabeth Shue, and her character name is Ali Mills. Ally Sheedy is not in the Karate Kid franchise tbh.

Blake
10-12-2020, 06:00 PM
I think you mean Elisabeth Shue, and her character name is Ali Mills. Ally Sheedy is not in the Karate Kid franchise tbh.

:lol yeah that's what I meant. Ally Sheedy wasn't on the Boys either.

johnsmith
10-13-2020, 08:43 AM
:lol yeah that's what I meant. Ally Sheedy wasn't on the Boys either.

Well, In your defense, had you been able to distinguish between all the Hollywood Ally’s at your age would have been less impressive!

Blake
10-13-2020, 12:20 PM
Well, In your defense, had you been able to distinguish between all the Hollywood Ally’s at your age would have been less impressive!

I almost called her Muhammed Ally for Christ sake

Spurminator
10-13-2020, 12:38 PM

Yeah I'm a little confused about why the showrunners seem to be so focused on making this a teen romance drama instead of the tongue-in-cheek nostalgia comedy for Gen Xers that it seemed to be in its first couple of episodes.

But I have no idea what kind of viewership they're seeing as far as demographics. Maybe the Zoomers like all the high school stuff.

Blake
10-13-2020, 01:42 PM
Yeah I'm a little confused about why the showrunners seem to be so focused on making this a teen romance drama instead of the tongue-in-cheek nostalgia comedy for Gen Xers that it seemed to be in its first couple of episodes.

But I have no idea what kind of viewership they're seeing as far as demographics. Maybe the Zoomers like all the high school stuff.

The worst part of the team romance thing is that most of the teens on the show are horrible actors

Darth_Pelican
10-13-2020, 02:12 PM
The worst part of the team romance thing is that most of the teens on the show are horrible actors

The show started on Youtube. I'm sure whatever small amount of money the production company had to pay the actors, 90% of it went to Macchio (Daniel), Zabka (Johnny), and Kove (Kreese). Hard to find quality actors when they're likely being paid peanuts. The show's success and popularity likely has exceeded their expectations, but now they're stuck with the cast of mediocre actors.

Xevious
10-13-2020, 09:44 PM
I'm okay with the acting. The biggest misstep for me was the addition of that new Cobra Kai chick in season 2 to rival Sam and be a new love interest for Miguel. The Sam/Robby relationship was pretty unnecessary as well. Though none of that really takes away from my enjoyment. Daniel had a new love interest in every movie also.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-14-2020, 09:46 AM

Anecdotally people Gen X types like it like crazy. But maybe they are casting a wider net? IDK, there was so much cringe in season 2 but I held on. lol.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-14-2020, 09:47 AM

LOL Johnny's kid is so fucking bad i started to enjoy it bc his mere appearance makes me laugh

Spurtacular
11-14-2020, 08:03 PM
Watched the two seasons; didn't suck.

Spurtacular
11-15-2020, 01:57 AM
Yeah on the coincidences. But since I'm already suspending reality, it's not too much to overlook.

My favorite was the spin kick to the Boba tea.

_ekmrDUNGyk

Saw it coming forever though. And the reason for doing it wasn't a good sell.

Filled about 1.5/10 potential.

SpursforSix
12-16-2020, 04:13 PM
Season 3 beginning in January

baseline bum
12-16-2020, 04:45 PM
Season 3 beginning in January

Hope Macchio's daughter does full frontal this season

Reck
12-16-2020, 06:44 PM
Hope Macchio's daughter does full frontal this season

Is this show really that good or is this just nostalgia?

baseline bum
12-16-2020, 06:52 PM

Mostly nostalgia. The first few episodes of Season 1 were pretty good but series has been kind of meh since then. It was much better when it focused on Johnny, Daniel is so much less interesting a character.

Mitch
12-16-2020, 08:03 PM
Mostly nostalgia. The first few episodes of Season 1 were pretty good but series has been kind of meh since then. It was much better when it focused on Johnny, Daniel is so much less interesting a character.

Whole interesting angle was that Johnny was a misunderstood guy in the first movie, tbh. Daniel would have been a good side character, trying to constantly stop Cobra Kai from returning, not sharing the spotlight with Johnny. They had a good formula, kind of disappointed Kreese didn't end up changing his ways too :lol

Blake
12-16-2020, 08:25 PM

Yah. More Johnny, less high school kids.

Blake
12-16-2020, 08:25 PM
Whole interesting angle was that Johnny was a misunderstood guy in the first movie, tbh. Daniel would have been a good side character, trying to constantly stop Cobra Kai from returning, not sharing the spotlight with Johnny. They had a good formula, kind of disappointed Kreese didn't end up changing his ways too :lol

I'm not. I like Kreese still being an asshole. Like Mickey from Ray Donovan

Darth_Pelican
12-17-2020, 10:52 AM
LcDQqGJG8pA

Darth_Pelican
01-02-2021, 12:08 AM
Kreese’s backstory :tu

Xevious
01-02-2021, 12:28 AM
Kreese’s backstory :tu
That tease at the end was telegraphed pretty hard, but satisfying nonetheless.

Overall I liked season 3, but all of the inexplicable alliance switching started to get old.

Spurminator
01-02-2021, 12:36 AM
This show is a gang bang of nostalgia porn.

Mitch
01-02-2021, 12:28 PM
Haven't finished but it's good so far :tu

I'd say it is a bit better than s2, obviously not as good as s1. Season 4 will be 100% Netflix made I figure so I dunno if it'll be any good, tbh.

Monostradamus
01-02-2021, 02:13 PM
Definitely an improvement from Season 2, but it’s so uneven imo. The Johnny/Miguel friendship is easily the best part of the show, and of course all the Johnny/Daniel/Kreese scenes. But all the other kids are annoying as hell, and Johnny’s son is so incredibly stupid and poorly written (and the actor is dogshit).

Xevious
01-02-2021, 05:54 PM
Definitely an improvement from Season 2, but it’s so uneven imo. The Johnny/Miguel friendship is easily the best part of the show, and of course all the Johnny/Daniel/Kreese scenes. But all the other kids are annoying as hell, and Johnny’s son is so incredibly stupid and poorly written (and the actor is dogshit).
That's who I was talking about earlier. Hawk at least shows a little remorse when he's being an asshole at times. Robby makes no sense. They should have just written him off the show once he went to juvie and brought him back once they figured out how to use him. I mean, why is he even doing karate any more if he's trying to distance himself from Johnny and Daniel?

edit: And what was the point in trying to humanize Tory at the beginning of the season (worried about making rent, getting arrested, etc because she was trying to care for her sick mom) if she was going to have no issue taking part in criminal behavior later?

It kind of sucks that they wrote out Aisha, because other than Miguel and maybe Samantha, she was one of the only relatable characters.

Blake
01-02-2021, 07:13 PM

Pretty much my thoughts exactly

Mitch
01-03-2021, 12:28 AM
Got around to finishing, predictable but good finale - better than the injury cliffhanger of s2.

Pros
- Lots of fan service like season 1
- Some good character development and redemption arcs going around
- Kreese backstory was welcome
- The overall direction is clear unlike s2
- Robby got less time than other seasons

Cons
- Too much time on minor characters, 75% needs to be on Johnny & Miguel
- The whole dojo aliegience change constantly happening is getting old
- Robby hasn't died
- Little too much drama and story, it's not really an intelligent show
- Who knows where Netflix will take it

It seems like season 4 will be the last, unless they pull the focus back to Johnny + Miguel and introduce a new villain.

spurraider21
02-28-2021, 01:22 PM
Just watched the first 3 episodes of season 1

i dno, it’s super cheesy, and feels like it’s just made to pander to boomers. Whole show just seems to be painting kids as ridiculous stereotypes, like the cool kids being jerks and everybody else and staff being SJWs. Johnny brushing off asthma as weakness, etc

Thread
02-28-2021, 02:05 PM
SPOILERS!!!
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_

Walked around in a daze after seeing her on that couch. It was pitch perfect. My son knew, had seen it and didn't tell me. "Pops, don't cry."

She wasn't his girl. She was his girl. There on the dance floor at the club he was going to break (that moment) and be the boy she'd always wanted and dreamn't him to be...he was finally ready to "talk." Who appears in his LOS? Daniel in the goddamn kitchen door.

Handled well. That's all there is. There can be no more. Now "Johnny" knows.
And Mrs. Daniel handles it well there. Doesn't grudge her husband that crusher moment.

There was a fuck in '61 that said "television is a vast wasteland." The dumb fuck didn't know shit from apple butter.

Xevious
02-28-2021, 02:08 PM

i dno, it’s super cheesy, and feels like it’s just made to pander to boomers. Whole show just seems to be painting kids as ridiculous stereotypes, like the cool kids being jerks and everybody else and staff being SJWs. Johnny brushing off asthma as weakness, etc
Gen Xers were the kids watching Karate Kid over and over. That's the target audience for Cobra Kai imo. They do a pretty good job of matching the feel of the movies.

spurraider21
02-28-2021, 03:30 PM
Gen Xers were the kids watching Karate Kid over and over. That's the target audience for Cobra Kai imo. They do a pretty good job of matching the feel of the movies.
"oh great, more immigrants"

"hey, you want to score some babes?"

a lot of cringe tbh :lol

Monostradamus
02-28-2021, 03:53 PM

That’s kinda the point, Johnny is stuck in an antiquated mindset from the 80’s and has to learn & develop into something better.

Also it’s not Mad Men, it’s a Karate Kid show, adjust your expectations accordingly.

spurraider21
02-28-2021, 04:27 PM
That’s kinda the point, Johnny is stuck in an antiquated mindset from the 80’s and has to learn & develop into something better.

Also it’s not Mad Men, it’s a Karate Kid show, adjust your expectations accordingly.
its not just johnny, its the whole show. the school principal giving the speech about gender neutral costumes, etc

but yeah the bolded point is taken

Blake
02-28-2021, 05:02 PM
"oh great, more immigrants"

"hey, you want to score some babes?"

a lot of cringe tbh :lol

Yeah but the cringe is on purpose and makes it funny

Monostradamus
02-28-2021, 06:16 PM
Yeah but the cringe is on purpose and makes it funny
If anything, it’s mocking the way that cultural changes which are fairly easy to adapt to become impossible and awkwardly handled by boomers

Spurtacular
02-28-2021, 08:39 PM
If anything, it’s mocking the way that cultural changes which are fairly easy to adapt to become impossible and awkwardly handled by boomers

Boomers aren't the reason you're a slob.

Monostradamus
02-28-2021, 08:46 PM
Boomers aren't the reason you're a slob.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvVCWZFXIAMuylw?format=jpg&name=large

Blake
02-28-2021, 09:08 PM
:lol

Spurtacular
03-01-2021, 12:42 AM

The chumpette bar is Marvel movies. How good does it have to be?

Darth_Pelican
05-27-2021, 01:44 PM
PefRKyEKs70

Blake
05-27-2021, 02:14 PM
I wanna say that looks cool but KK3 sucked so badly tho

leemajors
05-27-2021, 02:35 PM
I wanna say that looks cool but KK3 sucked so badly tho

I WANT HIM TO EXPERIENCE PAIN. FIRST HE SUFFERS, THEN HE SUFFERS SOME MORE!!

Spurtacular
05-27-2021, 09:26 PM

daboom1 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=54188)

Xevious
05-27-2021, 09:40 PM
PefRKyEKs70
I know season three teased Terry Silver pretty hard, but I'm still surprised they blew that wad right away.

Mitch
05-27-2021, 09:47 PM
Still gonna binge watch but I wish they kept the main focus on Johnny & Miguel tbh

Spurtacular
05-27-2021, 09:58 PM
Still gonna binge watch but I wish they kept the main focus on Johnny & Miguel tbh

It's becoming feel good crap.

My prediction: Season 4 will probably be what Karate Kid Anything After 1&2 is to seasons 1-3. But perhaps a little better than that.

Mitch
05-27-2021, 10:06 PM

My prediction: Season 4 will probably be what Karate Kid Anything After 1&2 is to seasons 1-3. But perhaps a little better than that.

Netflix controls this season sadly, so it likely will be just that. Honestly I hoped after season 1 it would be about Cobra Kai coming back and being "badass" while making Daniel's hair turn gray with stress as they lived in his head rent free :lol

Ton of lost potential, tbh. Must have been some change in writers after season 1

Spurtacular
05-28-2021, 01:45 AM
Netflix controls this season sadly, so it likely will be just that. Honestly I hoped after season 1 it would be about Cobra Kai coming back and being "badass" while making Daniel's hair turn gray with stress as they lived in his head rent free :lol

Ton of lost potential, tbh. Must have been some change in writers after season 1

They were never going to play Danielson like that badly and taint his movie image.
But there was some potential for an Empire Strikes Back vibe.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-28-2021, 06:41 PM

Lost potential seems to be a running theme on solid shows with a great first or second season over the last 5-6 years. From handmaid tale to this. Ozark next season prob gonna blow nuts

Texas_Ranger
05-28-2021, 07:44 PM
I was really excited after season 1. Suck that it went downhill after it.

Spurtacular
06-17-2021, 04:43 AM
Just finished watching Season 3. It had good flow. I think the critics here need to calm down and admit it's a good series.

Thread
06-17-2021, 05:42 AM
I was really excited after season 1. Suck that it went downhill after it.

The bitter truth.

Thread
06-17-2021, 05:44 AM

Yep, and that was inevitable upon reflection.

Thread
06-17-2021, 05:45 AM
I WANT HIM TO EXPERIENCE PAIN. FIRST HE SUFFERS, THEN HE SUFFERS SOME MORE!!

Oh, Lordy.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-17-2021, 07:22 AM

The show got so popular so fast they had to find a way to shoe horn bull shit in lol
Season 1 still goat

Spurtacular
06-17-2021, 09:26 AM
Yep, and that was inevitable upon reflection.

I said that based on my perception of the trailer, which was fluffy.

The actual Season 3 like the others was good it turns out.

Based on that trailer, I still have the same concerns for Season 4.

Thread
06-17-2021, 10:51 AM
The show got so popular so fast they had to find a way to shoe horn bull shit in lol
Season 1 still goat

That's it & that's all.

Spurtacular
06-17-2021, 11:00 PM

Still :lol :lmao :rollin

Neo.
08-30-2021, 06:50 PM
extended for a 5th season

Reck
08-30-2021, 07:06 PM
extended for a 5th season

This is what nostalgia gets you. I tried watching this and just couldn’t get into it. It’s just corny now.

Thread
08-30-2021, 11:31 PM
This is what nostalgia gets you. I tried watching this and just couldn’t get into it. It’s just corny now.

I'm probably done too. I waited for (her) to come back. It was almost surreal when (she) did. Remember, she was in her mother's place and the camera panned over. I cried at the sight, the wife sitting across punching cell phone keys...my sniffles gave me away..."You're ridiculous, Dale."

She was Johnny's girl. "No, she wasn't, Dale." Daniel was wrong to interlope like that. That night at the Country Club Johnny was this||close to apologizing and making it up when he spotted Daniel in the kitchen door window. That was it.

And always will be Johnny's girl. "No, Dale, no."

"Bullshit! Go make me turkey pot pie!"

Xevious
08-31-2021, 08:26 AM
I'm probably done too. I waited for (her) to come back. It was almost surreal when (she) did. Remember, she was in her mother's place and the camera panned over. I cried at the sight, the wife sitting across punching cell phone keys...my sniffles gave me away..."You're ridiculous, Dale."

She was Johnny's girl. "No, she wasn't, Dale." Daniel was wrong to interlope like that. That night at the Country Club Johnny was this||close to apologizing and making it up when he spotted Daniel in the kitchen door window. That was it.

And always will be Johnny's girl. "No, Dale, no."

"Bullshit! Go make me turkey pot pie!"

Xevious
08-31-2021, 08:29 AM
But anyway... I still enjoy it. I'll keep watching. It is what it is, corny nostalgia. It comes in short, bite sized episodes/seasons. Some times I prefer stuff that doesn't require a lot of time or higher brain function, and this fits the bill.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-31-2021, 01:02 PM
But anyway... I still enjoy it. I'll keep watching. It is what it is, corny nostalgia. It comes in short, bite sized episodes/seasons. Some times I prefer stuff that doesn't require a lot of time or higher brain function, and this fits the bill.

That's where I'm at. Plus, the Johnny and Miguel scenes are always great, regardless of how corny the rest of the show is.

Darth_Pelican
12-10-2021, 03:42 PM
I3uX4uwrAaY

Thread
12-10-2021, 03:58 PM
I3uX4uwrAaY

Can't wait.

Her comin' back last season had me in real tears. Like a dream. & they produced it & told it properly.

She-was-Johnny's-girl.

Thread
12-30-2021, 05:22 PM
Startin' back up tomorrow, kids. Can't wait.

I do just hope & pray that toward the last of this series run they have enough time and space to bring Ali & Johnny close...and this time forever.

Texas_Ranger
01-03-2022, 06:43 AM
every season is worse than the previous one. They need to stop introducing new characters, cause there's way too many of them. I get why they got Terry Silver, but new fighters and giving Daniel's son a bigger role was not needed. You can already tell that season 5 will be the son training and wanting to defeat the black kid. Oh and all these new kids, somehow learning karate in 6 weeks and being this good makes zero sense, but it's not really a realistic show, so i can look beyond that. Best thing for season 5 would be if it was only Jonny and Miguel in Mexico. These 2 are by far the best thing in the show and they should get even more time together.

Thread
01-03-2022, 07:42 AM
every season is worse than the previous one. They need to stop introducing new characters, cause there's way too many of them. I get why they got Terry Silver, but new fighters and giving Daniel's son a bigger role was not needed. You can already tell that season 5 will be the son training and wanting to defeat the black kid. Oh and all these new kids, somehow learning karate in 6 weeks and being this good makes zero sense, but it's not really a realistic show, so i can look beyond that. Best thing for season 5 would be if it was only Jonny and Miguel in Mexico. These 2 are by far the best thing in the show and they should get even more time together.

It's damn near unwatchable. A bitter disappointment.

Thanos
01-03-2022, 09:23 AM
Have the kids shuffle teams, bring in a boomer from one of the crappy sequels, rinse, repeat. And yet I was mostly entertained. It’s still a fun show. Stupid and corny, but very watchable.

I wonder if Hillary Swank will get a cameo, or if they’re pretending that sequel never happened.

Texas_Ranger
01-03-2022, 09:29 AM
Have the kids shuffle teams, bring in a boomer from one of the crappy sequels, rinse, repeat. And yet I was mostly entertained. It’s still a fun show. Stupid and corny, but very watchable.

I wonder if Hillary Swank will get a cameo, or if they’re pretending that sequel never happened.

Mike Barnes S5
Hilary Swank S6
Jadens Smith and Jackie Chan S7

Xevious
01-03-2022, 09:55 AM
I seriously lose track of who is fighting for who. What's with everybody switching sides multiple times every season. :lol

I like the show, it's entertaining and the seasons are short/easily digestible. But it was at it's best when focusing on Johnny/Miguel. Johnny and Daniel had a natural rivalry and the times they get along is highly entertaining. But four seasons in and I don't really know what anybody else's motivation is. What the hell was Kreese/Silver's master plan? To make money by opening a chain of Karate dojos? To toughin' up today's youth? None of it really makes sense. If Johnny had picked a different name for the dojo from the beginning, would Kreese have still shown up, or would Daniel have given a shit?

Xevious
01-03-2022, 09:57 AM
Mike Barnes S5
Hilary Swank S6
Jadens Smith and Jackie Chan S7
They've come this far, you know Mike Barnes is coming at the very least. The guy that played him is a soap actor, I'm sure he'd be happy to get another easy paycheck.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-03-2022, 12:22 PM
This show has me trapped :lol I gotta see where it goes while also acknowledging what has been said - getting worse each season, and should be more focused on Johnny and Miguel, which is what made season 1 so good.

Darth_Pelican
01-03-2022, 08:45 PM
The kids are now like 23-25 years old in real life and just had junior prom on the show and are still in the under 18 karate tournament :lol

Xevious
01-03-2022, 09:04 PM
The kids are now like 23-25 years old in real life and just had junior prom on the show and are still in the under 18 karate tournament :lol
Par for the course. Ralph Machio was almost 30 in Karate Kid 3 (and he's older than the guy who plays Terry Silver :lol ).

Thread
01-04-2022, 12:04 AM
He wasn't in it that much but losing Johnny's stepfather/Ed Asner hurts.

leemajors
01-04-2022, 08:35 AM

Blake
01-04-2022, 09:17 AM
Par for the course. Ralph Machio was almost 30 in Karate Kid 3 (and he's older than the guy who plays Terry Silver :lol ).

Silver is older? Lol

KK 3 had a nice set up and premise and they somehow found a way to really fuck it up. All the goofy laughing while getting their asses handed to them by an old maintenance man was koriwhat-esque

playblair
01-04-2022, 06:50 PM

its still 2019 in the show universe

playblair
01-04-2022, 06:52 PM
shawn will join ck in season 5 & be trained by mike barnes............shawn beat robby in juve with 0 karate training............

LaMarcus Bryant
01-06-2022, 08:24 AM
Finished episode 4, prob kill the new season by this weekend.

Season 4 so far has provided more laughs and is better than season 3....the main issue holding season 4 back is i don't give a fuck about Danny's growth spurt shit head kid, and I don't wanna feel bad for an innocent black kid that's good at dancing, basketball, and loves video games...like wtf? He would be one of the most popular kids in his class.
But Johnny presence better felt so far and his humor and attitude carry the show imo

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-06-2022, 12:59 PM
they should go full on old man logan and have johnny wheeling a crippled daniel-san through the desert/mountains while being hunted by assassins

LaMarcus Bryant
01-06-2022, 01:38 PM
anyone else notice Miguel got really fat this season

Xevious
01-06-2022, 02:06 PM
His face has definitely widened. Was thinking that's why his hair was longer, to hide some of it.

Chucho
01-06-2022, 02:52 PM

You're surprised that actors portraying teenagers aren't teenaged? :lol

baseline bum
01-06-2022, 08:34 PM
TIL Vanna White was in Playboy thanks to Johnny lol

Not bad

https://t49.pixhost.to/thumbs/152/180447421_playboy_usa_5_-_may_1987.jpg

LaMarcus Bryant
01-07-2022, 08:32 AM

Not bad

https://t49.pixhost.to/thumbs/152/180447421_playboy_usa_5_-_may_1987.jpg

Very very nice. She was smokin in her day.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-07-2022, 08:33 AM

!!! I just learned this last night LOLOLOL
Now I gotta watch Karate Kid 3 with the age difference and Silver's coke addiction in mind :rollin

Xevious
01-07-2022, 01:00 PM
Now I gotta watch Karate Kid 3 with the age difference and Silver's coke addiction in mind :rollin
I mean, it's just a funny piece a trivia. Machio has always looked younger than he actually is. And Thomas Ian Griffith (Silver) is playing an older dude. He isn't old enough to be a Vietnam vet. None of that is uncommon.

SpursforSix
01-07-2022, 01:14 PM
I mean, it's just a funny piece a trivia. Machio has always looked younger than he actually is. And Thomas Ian Griffith (Silver) is playing an older dude. He isn't old enough to be a Vietnam vet. None of that is uncommon.

after Swayze, he was the oldest of this group...
https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/8dfd305/2147483647/strip/true/crop/1466x770+0+27/resize/1200x630!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fce%2F56%2Fad8f54c3ce 7816bc37e3d1f7dac3%2Fla-1476891820-snap-photo

SpursforSix
01-07-2022, 01:14 PM
lol at Tom Cruise ^

Thread
01-07-2022, 03:59 PM
after Swayze, he was the oldest of this group...
https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/8dfd305/2147483647/strip/true/crop/1466x770+0+27/resize/1200x630!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fce%2F56%2Fad8f54c3ce 7816bc37e3d1f7dac3%2Fla-1476891820-snap-photo

I have tried this movie until I'm blue in the face. SOB, it never works out and I end up switching it out. GD it! It's post Godfather(s) and Apocalypse Now when Coppola had money to burn and was chock full of not only himself, but shit as well.

Never again!!!

SpursforSix
01-07-2022, 04:48 PM
I have tried this movie until I'm blue in the face. SOB, it never works out and I end up switching it out. GD it! It's post Godfather(s) and Apocalypse Now when Coppola had money to burn and was chock full of not only himself, but shit as well.

Never again!!!

Nothing to miss. We watched it in school at some point which was fine because it was in school. But it's pretty meh. Diane Lane though...

Xevious
01-07-2022, 05:37 PM
Nothing to miss. We watched it in school at some point which was fine because it was in school. But it's pretty meh. Diane Lane though...

I thought it was alright. But I recently watched the directors cut (called the complete novel, I think) on HBO Max and thought it was god awful. The added scenes didn't add to anything except the run time, and all of the original score was swapped out for this awkward surf rock sounding shit. It completely gutted the emotional impact of every scene.

Thread
01-07-2022, 06:58 PM

...yep that was her prime right into "Lonesome Dove." I wanted to bundle her up and bring her home with me.
I recall wanting to do the exact same thing with Kori.

Blake
01-09-2022, 02:39 PM
Finally saw episode 1 and 2 of season 4. Johnny had me cracking up the whole time. So did Kreese. Just fast forwarded thru the kid stuff.

baseline bum
01-11-2022, 08:51 PM

He been double fisting them churros

Darth_Pelican
01-12-2022, 01:08 PM

Yep, him & Robby pretty much switched bodies. Robby hit the gym, Miguel hit the taco stands.

Trill Clinton
01-12-2022, 01:16 PM
Stingray is a Pedo ass bitch

LaMarcus Bryant
01-12-2022, 01:22 PM

:lol fr fr, like he in bulking mode haha

Stingray is a Pedo ass bitch
Such a creepy ass character! but somehow still a fan favorite

This show is such a trip

playblair
01-12-2022, 04:40 PM
the cast got fat to mimic the weight gain of larusso in kk3

baseline bum
01-14-2022, 02:17 AM
Seeing how shitty this Terry Silver character is in Cobra Kai makes me never want to see Karate Kid 3. Kreese is so much more interesting a villain.

Thread
01-14-2022, 07:31 AM
Seeing how shitty this Terry Silver character is in Cobra Kai makes me never want to see Karate Kid 3. Kreese is so much more interesting a villain.

It's alarming to see him, (the actor) like this. You wouldn't know it was him if you didn't know it was him. Makes one want to flee the sight. I fled. I won't do that. I wanted to see his smirk/that smirk like in the back yard at Miyogi's place in 3. I wanted to hear "pain!" "fear!" "in every part of your body!" That is not going to happen now unless I go back to 3 on the DVR. But now I got CK fucking with that memory and that was a dear, uproarious memory.

I'm not thrilled with Kreese either, but there is still some of the prime left at sight and in application.

(They) waited too long, but that is water under the bridge now. And I'm always under that damn bridge waist high in the water.

Blake
01-14-2022, 08:27 AM

KK3 is terrible

LaMarcus Bryant
01-14-2022, 10:14 AM

LOL

Plus the idea of a homeless Vietnam vet obsessing over kid's karate bragging rights is at least valid compared to a millionaire who has everything deciding to focus on it

Blake
01-14-2022, 10:46 AM
LOL

Plus the idea of a homeless Vietnam vet obsessing over kid's karate bragging rights is at least valid compared to a millionaire who has everything deciding to focus on it

I loled when Silver said "I can't believe I got so coked up I was messing with the high school kid karate tournament"

baseline bum
01-17-2022, 10:59 AM
Made me laugh that Daniel's Okinawan enemy is named Chouzen. Sounds like the Japanese word 朝鮮 = Chousen for North Korea.

Adam Lambert
01-17-2022, 11:14 AM

Not bad

Really? Did he leak her pictures or something?

baseline bum
01-17-2022, 11:21 AM
Really? Did he leak her pictures or something?

Without giving spoilers, Johnny said he'd get Miguel his Vanna White Playboy as motivation if he did well. It's not too hard to find the entire magazine online, though the cover pic is by far the best one.

Adam Lambert
01-17-2022, 11:23 AM
Without giving spoilers, Johnny said he'd get Miguel his Vanna White Playboy as motivation if he did well. It's not too hard to find the entire magazine online, though the cover pic is by far the best one.

I misread your meaning, I thought you meant Zabka dated her in real life and gave her photos to Playboy. :lol

baseline bum
01-17-2022, 11:26 AM
I misread your meaning, I thought you meant Zabka dated her in real life and gave her photos to Playboy. :lol

Would have been nice to see some Hope Solo or Lindsey Vonn level shots of Vanna in that case, but unfortunately not. :lol

baseline bum
01-19-2022, 03:47 AM

Ugh my curiosity got the best of me and I watched 3. Holy shit it is awful, I mean 2 wasn't very good either, but 3 was like should have been on Mystery Science Theater 3000 bad. The love interest who has a boyfriend back in Columbus, seeing Miyagi cry when Daniel tells him off, Daniel blowing his college money on a bonsai store, a tournament where you can kick people in the nuts and suckerpunch them? It's hard to even pick a worst thing about Part III.

Thread
01-19-2022, 05:19 AM
Ugh my curiosity got the best of me and I watched 3. Holy shit it is awful, I mean 2 wasn't very good either, but 3 was like should have been on Mystery Science Theater 3000 bad. The love interest who has a boyfriend back in Columbus, seeing Miyagi cry when Daniel tells him off, Daniel blowing his college money on a bonsai store, a tournament where you can kick people in the nuts and suckerpunch them? It's hard to even pick a worst thing about Part III.

Did you have pain and fear in every part of your body?

Blake
01-19-2022, 09:15 AM

https://c.tenor.com/iqST1Qp427YAAAAC/krease-karate-kid3.gif

Adam Lambert
01-19-2022, 10:37 AM
Honestly can't decide if I hate this show or like it. Definitely wish Johnny wasn't being pushed into subplot territory in favor of all the teen drama. Did we really need an Anthony Larusso subplot?

LaMarcus Bryant
01-19-2022, 04:47 PM
Honestly can't decide if I hate this show or like it. Definitely wish Johnny wasn't being pushed into subplot territory in favor of all the teen drama. Did we really need an Anthony Larusso subplot?

We most certainly did not. Johnny had more screen time in season 4 on the whole than 3 IMO.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-19-2022, 04:50 PM

LOL
I've begun to enjoy watching really bad movies with the Mrs and mocking them the entire time. Sounds like KK3 is a great candidate :lol

Adam Lambert
01-19-2022, 05:01 PM
LOL
I've begun to enjoy watching really bad movies with the Mrs and mocking them the entire time. Sounds like KK3 is a great candidate :lol

I recommend Rad for that.

Blake
01-20-2022, 09:24 AM
LOL

"The Intruder" 2019 starring Dennis Quaid

Supposed to be an intense thriller but it's awesome to flip and laugh at the whole time. Worth watching this way, imo.

Thanos
01-20-2022, 08:43 PM
One of the writers thought up “LaPusso” and demanded it be shoehorned in 15 more times.

Xevious
05-17-2022, 09:06 PM
I didn't realize it was returning so soon...

Wrmx6gc0a8I

SpursforSix
05-18-2022, 05:28 AM
LOL

Watch Hard Cash with Val Kilmer, Christian Slater, and Vern Troyer. I want someone else to watch this movie.

Dirks_Finale
06-12-2022, 08:13 PM
I didn't realize it was returning so soon...

Wrmx6gc0a8I

They were originally talking December. Glad they bumped it up.

Darth_Pelican
08-16-2022, 05:55 PM
P4BfK1LKbCY

Texas_Ranger
08-17-2022, 05:44 PM
there's way too many character.

Blake
08-17-2022, 06:16 PM
Just a show with Johnny rambling about technology and how 80s rock kicked ass would be great with me

Neo.
09-09-2022, 05:32 PM
fun season

baseline bum
09-09-2022, 07:41 PM
fun season

So more Johnny, less HS drama?

Neo.
09-09-2022, 09:04 PM
So more Johnny, less HS drama?

usual balance of both. but some nice character development and some pretty entertaining scenes.

baseline bum
09-09-2022, 10:20 PM
usual balance of both. but some nice character development and some pretty entertaining scenes.

I'll check it out once I finish off this season's Beavis & Butthead. LMAO at 45 year old Butthead getting a heart attack and then bragging that the hospital sent him a $125,000 bill but he just ignored it.

Xevious
09-10-2022, 10:48 PM
That was easily one of the better seasons tbh. The high school drama was there, but kept to a minimum. It felt like the screen time was better balanced in favor of the adults. They didn't try to force the Daniel/Johnny rivalry again, they were pretty much friends the entire time, and a lot of the teen rivalries were resolved. Terry Silver's motives are revealed, and while pretty ridiculous, they aren't as vague as whatever Kreese was trying to do was.

I'm not sure what the plan is for future seasons, but it seems like they should be close to wrapping this up.

Neo.
09-10-2022, 11:09 PM
That was easily one of the better seasons tbh. The high school drama was there, but kept to a minimum. It felt like the screen time was better balanced in favor of the adults. They didn't try to force the Daniel/Johnny rivalry again, they were pretty much friends the entire time, and a lot of the teen rivalries we're resolved. Terry Silver's motives are revealed, and while pretty ridiculous, they aren't as vague as whatever Kreese was trying to do was.

I'm not sure what the plan is for future seasons, but it seems like they should be close to wrapping this up.

yeah pretty much this. it was the best since the 1st season imo

chozen and johnny were awesome, as well as the new addition (no spoilers)

Blake
09-10-2022, 11:21 PM
I don't see why they need to wrap this up, tbh. It's low budget production and it's not like Johnny, Kreese and Daniel have other acting jobs lined up that are getting in the way.

Neo.
09-10-2022, 11:25 PM
I don't see why they need to wrap this up, tbh. It's low budget production and it's not like Johnny, Kreese and Daniel have other acting jobs lined up that are getting in the way.

the only issue I see are the kids are getting too old tbh lol. and this season kinda brings it close to a conclusion it feels.

i think one more season would be just right. but maybe they have some real good ideas to keep it running idk

Blake
09-10-2022, 11:51 PM
the only issue I see are the kids are getting too old tbh lol. and this season kinda brings it close to a conclusion it feels.

i think one more season would be just right. but maybe they have some real good ideas to keep it running idk

Cobra Kai the college years

Xevious
09-11-2022, 12:17 AM
yeah pretty much this. it was the best since the 1st season imo

chozen and johnny were awesome, as well as the new addition (no spoilers)
I was surprised how entertaining Chozen was. He and Johnny were awesome together.

Dirks_Finale
09-12-2022, 08:02 PM
Johnny needs his own series, tbh.

Overall, entertaining season and nice twists with new characters such as Chozen.

spurraider21
09-12-2022, 08:54 PM
Johnny needs his own series, tbh.
yeah and they could call it cobra kai

Neo.
09-12-2022, 09:27 PM

:lmao

Dirks_Finale
09-13-2022, 05:07 PM

Hilarious :grim:

Monostradamus
09-13-2022, 08:42 PM
Great season, so easy to binge too. But the cliffhanger is the most retarded thing I’ve ever seen :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
09-13-2022, 09:09 PM
Great season, so easy to binge too. But the cliffhanger is the most retarded thing I’ve ever seen :lol

Yeah I was thinking he is now going to be on America's most wanted while the admission of the other party would have seen him freed in rather quick order.

Xevious
09-13-2022, 10:20 PM
Yeah that whole scene was pretty ridiculous. What makes it worse is that he poses almost no threat to anyone at this point. He'll be broke and running from the law.

Darth_Pelican
09-14-2022, 07:22 PM
I enjoyed the season