PDA

View Full Version : So glad we got rid of George Hill. Dude still sucks ass

hater
05-23-2018, 09:18 PM
Dodged a bullet getting rid of that scrub

And e even got Kawhi. God damn too bad Kawhi is another pussy.

But George Hill doesnt even belong in the NBA

SuperCam
05-23-2018, 09:19 PM
better pg than dijon tbh

hater
05-23-2018, 09:19 PM
His shooting makes Rondo look like Reggie Miller tbqh :lol

hater
05-23-2018, 09:22 PM
better pg than dijon tbh

Um hes not even a PG. hes a hybrid between a shooting guard and a llama

Leetonidas
05-23-2018, 09:31 PM
Yeah he looks pretty shitty every time I see him play this year. Glad the spurs stayed away from him last year. I hope he fired his agent after turning down that extension from Utah

hater
05-23-2018, 09:54 PM
:lol benched for Jeremy Clarkson

MaNu4Tres
05-23-2018, 10:41 PM
Have a friend here in town who was in the car with Hill prior to FA when Tony called him -- telling Georgie they wanted to sign him and that they were trying to trade Danny. Hill to SA was suppose to happen :lol

George was so confident hed be back in SA that he bought a lot of land right outside of SA.

After everything turned sour, I was told Hill tried to stop the closing on the property -- but couldn't.

Spurtacular
05-23-2018, 10:49 PM
George Hill is 32 and on the downhill slide.

KimmyGib
05-23-2018, 11:16 PM
George Downhill

Snaq O'Meal
05-23-2018, 11:21 PM
Hill would still be an instant upgrade over the bunch of midgets currently on the Spurs roster.

tholdren
05-23-2018, 11:21 PM
better pg than dijon tbh

Not really. They both were shit pgs in college. Their fans loved their defense. I told you all

KimmyGib
05-23-2018, 11:22 PM
Guys like him and Clarkson still can't seem to complement Lebron. They may be more talented than Korver in certain areas, but Kyle is a great example of a guy who is always on the same page as Lebron, which for the Cavs, is the right page. Cavs really need that from Hill and Clarkson, but ain't getting it.

Nathan89
05-23-2018, 11:28 PM
Have a friend here in town who was in the car with Hill prior to FA when Tony called him -- telling Georgie they wanted to sign him and that they were trying to trade Danny. Hill to SA was suppose to happen :lol

George was so confident hed be back in SA that he bought a lot of land right outside of SA.

After everything turned sour, I was told Hill tried to stop the closing on the property -- but couldn't.

Good thing patfo couldn't shoot themselves in the head 3 times in 1 off-season tbh.

phxspurfan
05-24-2018, 01:23 AM
but but he stood up to Kobe

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kobe+Bryant+George+Hill+Los+Angeles+Lakers+HFXzmiK GHG8l.jpg

james evans
05-24-2018, 02:18 AM
George Hill is 32 and on the downhill slide.

shit, well he's perfect for us then. he'd fit right in with the program. A lineup of him, Gasol, Ginobly, Parker, and Gay would be Popovich's dream.

JFK
05-24-2018, 07:29 AM
shit, well he's perfect for us then. he'd fit right in with the program. A lineup of him, Gasol, Ginobly, Parker, and Gay would be Popovich's dream.

:lmao

r0drig0lac
05-24-2018, 07:33 AM

qft

YGWHI
05-24-2018, 07:43 AM

:lol :tu

FkLA
05-24-2018, 09:23 AM

So many sauces, tbh.

Dverde
05-24-2018, 09:24 AM
He was very hit and miss for us in the playoffs. I was glad when we shipped him off instead of paying him. Honestly, I wanted the Spurs to sign him this summer if he was going to have a reasonable contract. I thought the DJ, Hill, Green, Leonard could be an amazing defensive team. They dodged that bullet.

Dex
05-24-2018, 09:32 AM
Still a better backup than Patty tbh, but that contract jesus christ.

dabom
05-24-2018, 10:14 AM
So many sauces, tbh.

Bro I had to laugh too. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
05-24-2018, 11:57 AM
You'd be surprised how many faggots here wanted him :lol some have even posted in this thread....

SAGirl
05-24-2018, 03:40 PM

The highlight of this anecdote is that Tony still does the recruiting of other players in FA.... food for thought.

SAGirl
05-24-2018, 03:43 PM

On another note, the Spurs trying to trade Danny... I imagine he picks up that option to get that last 10 million but I am not sure. He's bound to be in trade rumors again.

MoSpur02
05-24-2018, 03:47 PM
Never understood why some here wanted Hill to be signed in free agency.

SAGirl
05-24-2018, 03:48 PM
Never understood why some here wanted Hill to be signed in free agency.
He had good season last year in Utah TBH... but at the contract price he got, I pass.

Dre_7
05-24-2018, 04:09 PM
Regardless of what happens next with Kawhi, even if he leaves, he still helped give Timmy number 5. Will always be one of the greatest trades, if not the greatest, in Spurs history.

TD 21
05-24-2018, 04:11 PM

Green should have been easy to receive solid value for. Hill to Mills made sense (he was banged up in '16-'17, but there was no way of knowing that injuries would derail his career, as they appear to have), but not to Green.

If true, that only makes the Bradley rumors even more likely. Hopefully, between the series with the Warriors and the playoffs in general, they've realized you can't have more than 1 small guard in a rotation (and they better be able to do significant damage on offense to offset their being a liability on defense). You damn sure can't have 3, none of whom are standout offensive players.

InRareForm
05-24-2018, 04:13 PM
He finished that degree for future job because nba career is on the downhill

MaNu4Tres
05-24-2018, 04:22 PM
Green should have been easy to receive solid value for. Hill to Mills made sense (he was banged up in '16-'17, but there was no way of knowing that injuries would derail his career, as they appear to have), but not to Green.

If true, that only makes the Bradley rumors even more likely. Hopefully, between the series with the Warriors and the playoffs in general, they've realized you can't have more than 1 small guard in a rotation (and they better be able to do significant damage on offense to offset their being a liability on defense). You damn sure can't have 3, none of whom are standout offensive players.

When he told me last summer I cringed. Hes Georgies boy though so I kept it to myself.

I agree though, I hope to god the Spurs figured out that they cant have more than 1 small guard in the rotation.

TD 21
05-24-2018, 05:09 PM
When he told me last summer I cringed. Hes Georgies boy though so I kept it to myself.

I agree though, I hope to god the Spurs figured out that they cant have more than 1 small guard in the rotation.

Also, with Murray's versatility defensively and how limited Parker and him are offensively, it doesn't make sense to have a traditional 3 and D wing in a prominent role. They need players who can suffice in those areas, but also provide additional shot creation and play making.

That's why Evans needs to be signed, Green and Anderson let go and if Ginobili retires, White inserted into the rotation.

Seventyniner
05-24-2018, 10:05 PM
Also, with Murray's versatility defensively and how limited Parker and him are offensively, it doesn't make sense to have a traditional 3 and D wing in a prominent role. They need players who can suffice in those areas, but also provide additional shot creation and play making.

That's why Evans needs to be signed, Green and Anderson let go and if Ginobili retires, White inserted into the rotation.

I don't see how Anderson figures into this, he isn't a guard. Or even a wing in most lineups, he's best at the 4.

Evans is a good offense-first guard and playmaker that the team sorely lacks. But after he took a make-good contract from Memphis he might just want as many dollars as he can get. Is he worth the full MLE?

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-25-2018, 08:43 AM
He’s always sucked. I never understood the GHill love that folks in here had for him.

TD 21
05-25-2018, 03:56 PM
I don't see how Anderson figures into this, he isn't a guard. Or even a wing in most lineups, he's best at the 4.

Evans is a good offense-first guard and playmaker that the team sorely lacks. But after he took a make-good contract from Memphis he might just want as many dollars as he can get. Is he worth the full MLE?

Anderson spent 63% of his time at SF last season and 65% for his career. If Leonard is retained, it's likely the roster remains mostly intact, so there'd be no reason to expect this to change.

Evans is a combo guard on offense, but a wing defensively (6'5'' 220, 6'11.25'' wingspan). He'd be fine primarily defending backup SF's. He's expected to command the full MLE and if he maintains relative health and can even come close to playing at the level he did last season, he'd not only be worth it, he'd be a bargain.

timtonymanu
05-25-2018, 04:15 PM
Watching him in the Conference Finals and his biggest weakness is still he’s a mental midget on the road

Gagnrath
05-25-2018, 04:15 PM
Hill hasn't looked great in Cleveland but he hasn't looked horrible either. He got a bit overpaid. His main issue is trying to play off ball pg while LeBron dribbles all the air out of it then goes to trying to play traditional PG when LeBron is resting. Everyone seems to think LeBron makes everyone around him better, but it really rarely seems to be the case with mid level players. LeBron makes scrubs better by covering their deficiencies because LeBron does everything. LeBron makes low Level stars better by taking focus off of them. Everyone else just has their flow disrupted waiting to become the crew of LeBron and crew.

gambit1990
05-25-2018, 07:48 PM
He’s always sucked. I never understood the GHill love that folks in here had for him.
tbh.

was glad the spurs got something for him and i’ve never wanted him back.

timtonymanu
05-25-2018, 09:04 PM
And once again Hill only shows up when he plays at home.

Gagnrath
05-28-2018, 12:36 PM
And once again Hill only shows up when he plays at home.

He's better at home definitely, but against most teams especially with the right cast around him he's decent on the road. A good steady ball handling guard that plays good defense and can't be ignored on offense. Can play 1 or 2 in most match-ups. I personally think that he got slightly overpaid by Sacramento but he's a starting quality guard for play-off teams. He won't carry a team but he will bolster or steady one, and he can be a good set-up guy for others and break-down a defense, especially when he is comfortable at home. Having him around to eat minutes and steady things is ideal and honestly if he was on the team this year he would have been the best guard with the only competition being Manu at 40.

TimDunkem
05-28-2018, 01:09 PM
He's trash.

hater
05-31-2018, 10:41 PM
:lmao choking scub missing finals game winning FT

Budkin
05-31-2018, 10:44 PM

I'm surprised he even hit one tbh.

Capt Bringdown
05-31-2018, 10:49 PM
Sucks that Hill made meaningless one of the greatest playoff game performances I've ever seen.

cd98
05-31-2018, 10:51 PM
Yeah, but Kawhi did the same thing in 2013 that cost Spurs a title.

Ice009
05-31-2018, 10:55 PM
Yeah, but Kawhi did the same thing in 2013 that cost Spurs a title.

true, but Kawhi was a lot younger and going against the best player on the planet in his second year in the league. He was also shooting free throws poorly all playoffs. I keep saying, he never should have been put in that position to begin with. I still would have rather have had Manu get another opportunity to shoot 2 more free throws. Even if it wasn't Manu, the Spurs should have tried to get the ball to a better free throw shooter.

Hill is a veteran, but it looks like he's still a mental midget on the road.

Slippy
05-31-2018, 11:13 PM
Sucks that Hill made meaningless one of the greatest playoff game performances I've ever seen.
True that. Think he'll be more aggro at Jr smith though. How can you not know the situation of the game in the nba finals with 4secs left . Not good enough. Cavs lose this series. Jr smith will never live this down

cjw
05-31-2018, 11:17 PM
Kawhi can’t hit foul shots to close out Finals games. Should have never traded Hill who would have never missed.

oh wait

cd021
06-01-2018, 12:11 AM
true, but Kawhi was a lot younger and going against the best player on the planet in his second year in the league. He was also shooting free throws poorly all playoffs. I keep saying, he never should have been put in that position to begin with. I still would have rather have had Manu get another opportunity to shoot 2 more free throws. Even if it wasn't Manu, the Spurs should have tried to get the ball to a better free throw shooter.

Leonard choked in that situation. His FT % dropped from almost 80 percent during the regular season to 66% in the playoffs IIRC, his poor FT shooting also helped cost us a game in the Semi's against GSW if memory serves.

cd021
06-01-2018, 12:12 AM

J.R though :wow :lmao

cutewizard
06-01-2018, 02:53 AM
All the events may Spur the King to visit the Alamo!!!,

BillMc
06-01-2018, 06:01 AM
J.R though :wow :lmao

Hill is lucky J.R. did such a boneheaded play or everyone would be talking about his missed free throw.

No Shot J.R.

SASdynasty!
06-01-2018, 07:54 AM
Some point guards deliver at the end of G1 of the Finals, some don’t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnhi58geOcc

cd021
06-01-2018, 08:40 AM
Hill is lucky J.R. did such a boneheaded play or everyone would be talking about his missed free throw.

No Shot J.R.

In some ways that block/charge call, missed FT, and no shot J.R was the worst Finals luck since 6

06-01-2018, 09:37 AM
I had a feeling Hill would miss one of those FT's.

He truly looked scared when he went to the line.

BillMc
06-01-2018, 09:52 AM
In some ways that block/charge call, missed FT, and no shot J.R was the worst Finals luck since 6

Agreed.

rjv
06-01-2018, 10:11 AM

he did look like he wanted to be anywhere else but there at that time.

ECOV
06-01-2018, 10:12 AM

:toast

cd98
06-01-2018, 10:14 AM

Yes, but the 2013 meltdown was much worse given that if it hadn't happened, the Spurs would have won the title. This is just game 1 and there is a long way to go for the Cavs even if they won game 1.

RD2191
06-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Let's not kid ourselves, even if the Cavs had won last night they'd probably lose the next 4. LeBron had to score 50 for them to even have a chance.

DJR210
06-01-2018, 04:52 PM

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAy7k7W.img?h=444&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=408&y=166

tholdren
06-01-2018, 05:35 PM

The foul line was the best player in the league? Kl has done NOTHING for SA. Less valuable than marco to the organization.

SpurPadre
06-01-2018, 05:36 PM
https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAy7k7W.img?h=444&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=408&y=166

I don't remember Kawhi's face when he bricked a free throw in Game 6, tbh.

tholdren
06-01-2018, 05:41 PM

I bet it was similar to the tongue hanging out while scratching head gif

Seventyniner
06-01-2018, 07:41 PM

He never shows much emotion on the court anyway. I doubt his face then was any different than any other moment in any other game.

Joseph Kony
06-01-2018, 07:44 PM

:worthy:

i miss MVParker :cry

Ice009
06-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Leonard choked in that situation. His FT % dropped from almost 80 percent during the regular season to 66% in the playoffs IIRC, his poor FT shooting also helped cost us a game in the Semi's against GSW if memory serves.

He choked, but it wasn't a big choke. I knew he was shooting in the 60% range during those playoffs (I didn't look it up), so if you say it was 66%, well, that's closer to 50% than it is to 100%, so pretty much you'd expect him to make 1 of 2 before he even went to the line. I won't change my stance, it's the same as it was after that game, he shouldn't have been given the ball in the situation to shoot those free throws in the first place. In a game against the Goldenstate Warriors on the road in those playoffs, Tim had to walk him to half court after missing a free throw and console him. Kawhi was a mess at the line during those playoffs, especially in the road games (I wonder what his percentage was in the road games?). He was just shooting them that poorly. What happened to 'get the ball to your best free throws shooters to close out a game'? If you ask me, that was another egregious mistake by Pop for even allowing them to pass the ball to him.

hater
06-02-2018, 11:55 AM
:lmao yeah Hills face before bricking that FT was terrified :lmao

Scrub

tholdren
06-02-2018, 02:33 PM
He choked, but it wasn't a big choke. I knew he was shooting in the 60% range during those playoffs (I didn't look it up), so if you say it was 66%, well, that's closer to 50% than it is to 100%, so pretty much you'd expect him to make 1 of 2 before he even went to the line. I won't change my stance, it's the same as it was after that game, he shouldn't have been given the ball in the situation to shoot those free throws in the first place. In a game against the Goldenstate Warriors on the road in those playoffs, Tim had to walk him to half court after missing a free throw and console him. Kawhi was a mess at the line during those playoffs, especially in the road games (I wonder what his percentage was in the road games?). He was just shooting them that poorly. What happened to 'get the ball to your best free throws shooters to close out a game'? If you ask me, that was another egregious mistake by Pop for even allowing them to pass the ball to him.

Yep costing a ring in a closeout game a minor choke.... dumb

Othyus Lalanne
06-03-2018, 02:50 AM
Not like it makes a difference.

james evans
06-04-2018, 09:15 AM
i was in a bar that night watching the game as it happened. When he was fouled, I told everyone, "he's gonna miss one". At the time, Kawhi was a horrible free throw shooter in the finals. he was a 60% freethrow shooters. Now, do you blame a 60% freethrow shooter in his 2nd year for missing a freethrow, or do you blame a coach for putting in a 60% freethrow shooter to ice the game. Think about that for a minute. If Doc Ribers put Deaudre Jordan in the game at the end to ice it with freethrows, who is to blame there?

tholdren
06-04-2018, 06:20 PM
i was in a bar that night watching the game as it happened. When he was fouled, I told everyone, "he's gonna miss one". At the time, Kawhi was a horrible free throw shooter in the finals. he was a 60% freethrow shooters. Now, do you blame a 60% freethrow shooter in his 2nd year for missing a freethrow, or do you blame a coach for putting in a 60% freethrow shooter to ice the game. Think about that for a minute. If Doc Ribers put Deaudre Jordan in the game at the end to ice it with freethrows, who is to blame there?

But but but mvp...

duncan2k5
06-04-2018, 07:48 PM
But but but mvp...

A bad ft shooter can't be mvp? Interesting...

cd98
06-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Hey at least the GSW fans didn’t chant MVP when he shot free throws in game 2. They did that to poor JR. I know he murdered a friend with reckless driving so he’s no saint, but I did feel a little bad for him.

JPB
06-05-2018, 05:07 AM

How much time does this freak spend compiling infos he spots to make his ridiculous stories ? Serious question... It's pathological at this point.

So, let sum it up... Fan board no lifer :

- has sauces close to Kawhi or Spurs who "informed" him about Uncle Dennis before the world...

- Has a friend "informing" him about LMA desires.

- Has a friend who is buddy-buddy with George Hill and who knows everything about his conversations and NBA biz (must have left his speakers on when when Tony called him)..

- "Was told" (another mysterious sauce) about Hill real estate biz and situation...

One wonders why he's here sharing his knowledge on this board and not working for ESPN or opening his own site...

Do he have infos about the Russian Gate ? illuminati ? Life on another planet ?

spursistan
06-06-2018, 10:52 PM
He sucks, tbh..

Glad the Spurs weren't interested; I don't think he was even worth Mills money.

daslicer
06-07-2018, 12:40 AM
How much time does this freak spend compiling infos he spots to make his ridiculous stories ? Serious question... It's pathological at this point.

So, let sum it up... Fan board no lifer :

- has sauces close to Kawhi or Spurs who "informed" him about Uncle Dennis before the world...

- Has a friend "informing" him about LMA desires.

- Has a friend who is buddy-buddy with George Hill and who knows everything about his conversations and NBA biz (must have left his speakers on when when Tony called him)..

- "Was told" (another mysterious sauce) about Hill real estate biz and situation...

One wonders why he's here sharing his knowledge on this board and not working for ESPN or opening his own site...

Do he have infos about the Russian Gate ? illuminati ? Life on another planet ?

:lol

NickiRasgo
06-07-2018, 06:38 PM
One more thing we need from George Hill is to push LeBron to go here. :lol

dbestpro
06-08-2018, 11:02 PM
I never thought he would play so badly. He was a catalyst in allowing the Cavs to get swept. don't think Lue is much of a coach either. Should have given more time to Clarkson and Hood when the vets decided not to show up.

spursistan
06-08-2018, 11:08 PM
He sucks, tbh..

Glad the Spurs weren't interested; I don't think he was even worth Mills money.

spursistan
06-08-2018, 11:09 PM
He turned down 80 millions from the Jazz :lmao..

Few months later, he is TOSB status.

SnakeBoy
06-09-2018, 03:52 PM
He didn't have his best year with OKC but ya'll are being too hard on the guy.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-09-2018, 05:08 PM
I don't think he choked. He look like more out of place than anything. Definitely didn't belong to that stage.

DMC
06-10-2018, 12:46 AM
He didn't have his best year with OKC but ya'll are being too hard on the guy.

"Ballgame"