PDA

View Full Version : Chris made an appearance on CNN

monosylab1k
05-23-2018, 10:11 PM

apalisoc_9
05-23-2018, 11:18 PM
Koriwhat shit bro.

Online he probably has a koriwhat persona where he would claim he bought his parents a house and he's such a good son that he allows them to live with him.

Chris
05-23-2018, 11:23 PM
Brooke Baldwin is hot af tbh

DarrinS
05-23-2018, 11:29 PM
Sounds like a Bernie bro

ducks
05-23-2018, 11:39 PM
Sounds like random guy things people in USA should take of this dude
He should not held responsible for his bad choices

Spurtacular
05-24-2018, 12:12 AM
Sounds like a Bernie bro

:lol All the markings.

monosylab1k
05-24-2018, 12:25 AM
Sounds like a Bernie bro

Except that part where he says “I’m a conservative”. He’s your entitled millenial snowflake, not ours.

Spurtacular
05-24-2018, 12:26 AM
Except that part where he says “I’m a conservative”. He’s your entitled millenial snowflake, not ours.

Would explain why CNN had him on, tbh. Couldn't imagine them giving eight minutes to this garbage otherwise. Also, :lol that you're like breathing a sigh of relief that a millenial snowflake isn't yours for a change.

ElNono
05-24-2018, 02:31 AM
He's not an outlier, tbh...

As of 2016, 15% of 25- to 35-year-old Millennials were living in their parents’ home. This is 5 percentage points higher than the share of Generation Xers who lived in their parents’ home in 2000 when they were the same age (10%), and nearly double the share of the Silent Generation who lived at home in 1964 (8%).

It doesn’t appear that a lack of jobs is keeping Millennials at home. As of the first quarter of 2016 (when the living arrangements data were collected), only 5.1% of older young adults were unemployed, down from 10.1% in the first quarter of 2010. Yet the share of 25- to 35-year-olds living at home rose during that span, increasing from 12% in 2010 to 15% in 2016.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/05/05/its-becoming-more-common-for-young-adults-to-live-at-home-and-for-longer-stretches/

AaronY
05-24-2018, 07:04 AM
Conservatives today smh

Spurminator
05-24-2018, 10:41 AM
He's not an outlier, tbh...

As of 2016, 15% of 25- to 35-year-old Millennials were living in their parents’ home. This is 5 percentage points higher than the share of Generation Xers who lived in their parents’ home in 2000 when they were the same age (10%), and nearly double the share of the Silent Generation who lived at home in 1964 (8%).

It doesn’t appear that a lack of jobs is keeping Millennials at home. As of the first quarter of 2016 (when the living arrangements data were collected), only 5.1% of older young adults were unemployed, down from 10.1% in the first quarter of 2010. Yet the share of 25- to 35-year-olds living at home rose during that span, increasing from 12% in 2010 to 15% in 2016.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/05/05/its-becoming-more-common-for-young-adults-to-live-at-home-and-for-longer-stretches/

College Tuition, inflation... Plus it's just not as much of a stigma to live with your parents these days. I can't blame college grads for spending a couple of years with their parents when the alternative for many of them is living in a shitty area or doing an hour commute.

DisAsTerBot
05-24-2018, 10:45 AM
College Tuition, inflation... Plus it's just not as much of a stigma to live with your parents these days. I can't blame college grads for spending a couple of years with their parents when the alternative for many of them is living in a shitty area or doing an hour commute.

That accounts for the 25 year olds. But 35, fuck.

Spurminator
05-24-2018, 10:51 AM

Fair, but the data is 25-35 year olds. We don't know how many of those are 35. Honestly unless there's other data I'm not sure we really know if 35 year old millennials, specifically, live with their parents at a higher rate than 35-year-old Gen Xers did. I'm guessing the difference is skewed heavily towards the 25-year-old end of the age range.

I think we can all agree the subject of the OP doesn't apply. But for other 30+ers, we don't know what circumstances might cause them to be with their parents. Maybe they moved back in to take care of sick parents.

boutons_deux
05-24-2018, 11:37 AM

college/professional school grads with no or shitty jobs can take years to pay off school loans.

And the parents who co-signed the loans don't want to be stuck with them, either, even after the child dies.

If living at home save $1000+ . month vs an apartment ...

Young adults sharing apts in expensive cities is also occurring, and will increase as CoL continues to increase against stagnant/decreasing incomes

This situation of adult children living in parents' home is what I saw in Europe years ago, esp in the poorer countries like Italy, Spain, Greece.

The Great Boutons' Always Bigger Picture (c):

America's oligarchy enriches itself while impoverishing the lower 80%, has been for 45 years.

The impoverishment isn't natural, or accidental, or unavoidable.

It's the FUCKING oligarchy's FUCKING STRATEGY implemented throughout society. More pie for the oligarchy, less pie for everybody else.

You vindictive, snarky, condescending right wing assholes always blame the oligarchy's 10Ms of victims, rather than the true culprits, the oligarchy.

Spurminator
05-24-2018, 11:47 AM
Here's the thing. Stories like this are funny but they're used to create some kind of larger narrative about an entire generation.

But the numbers say:

9 out of 10 Gen Xers between the ages of 25-35 did not live with their parents.
Almost 9 out of 10 Millennials between the ages of 25-35 do not live with their parents.

A 5% shift really isn't that big of a deal when you consider all of the other factors. Certainly not enough to drive the "Millenials are lazy and entitled" narrative that always springs up.

boutons_deux
05-25-2018, 11:40 AM
The Deep, Uniquely American Roots of Our Affordable-Housing Crisis

Nearly half of all renters can’t afford rent,

and over half a million Americans are homeless on any given night.

How did we get here?

https://www.thenation.com/article/give-us-shelter/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Weekly%2005252018&utm_term=weekly

ducks
05-25-2018, 07:52 PM
A 30-year-old man who earlier this week was told by a judge that he had to vacate his parents’ New York home was handed a June 1 moving date, according to a court order.

DMX7
05-25-2018, 08:28 PM
That is exactly who I envision when I think of Chris after browsing through one of his typical bizarre postings.

Othyus Lalanne
05-26-2018, 12:35 AM
college/professional school grads with no or shitty jobs can take years to pay off school loans.

And the parents who co-signed the loans don't want to be stuck with them, either, even after the child dies.

If living at home save $1000+ . month vs an apartment ...

Young adults sharing apts in expensive cities is also occurring, and will increase as CoL continues to increase against stagnant/decreasing incomes

This situation of adult children living in parents' home is what I saw in Europe years ago, esp in the poorer countries like Italy, Spain, Greece.

The Great Boutons' Always Bigger Picture (c):

America's oligarchy enriches itself while impoverishing the lower 80%, has been for 45 years.

The impoverishment isn't natural, or accidental, or unavoidable.

It's the FUCKING oligarchy's FUCKING STRATEGY implemented throughout society. More pie for the oligarchy, less pie for everybody else.

You vindictive, snarky, condescending right wing assholes always blame the oligarchy's 10Ms of victims, rather than the true culprits, the oligarchy.

Yeah it's an oligarchy. What makes you think they don't control the left?

boutons_deux
05-26-2018, 06:06 AM
Yeah it's an oligarchy. What makes you think they don't control the left?

do I think the oligarchy doesn't control the left?

Othyus Lalanne
05-26-2018, 09:39 AM
do I think the oligarchy doesn't control the left?
It's a clear question.

Winehole23
05-26-2018, 09:52 AM
Here's the thing. Stories like this are funny but they're used to create some kind of larger narrative about an entire generation.

But the numbers say:

9 out of 10 Gen Xers between the ages of 25-35 did not live with their parents.
Almost 9 out of 10 Millennials between the ages of 25-35 do not live with their parents.

A 5% shift really isn't that big of a deal when you consider all of the other factors. Certainly not enough to drive the "Millenials are lazy and entitled" narrative that always springs up.Housing costs have risen much faster than wages and salaries over any relevant stretch of the last 40 years. Merely being able to afford housing requires more discipline -- and way more money -- than it once did.

The epochal financial panic of 2008 kicked millennials in the balls right at the beginning of their earning cycle. Additionally, the recovery from the recession has been less than robust and notably uneven.

It's not surprising that for some "older young adults" living with parents seems like a good option.

Winehole23
05-26-2018, 09:54 AM
when I was 18 there wasn't any amount of money you could have paid me to stay. I was ready to GTFO.

ducks
05-26-2018, 03:38 PM
Can not pay off student loans go to vAcational schools instead

Chris
05-26-2018, 04:42 PM
This guy is a Bernie Bro :lol He expects everything to be handed to him.

ducks
05-26-2018, 11:01 PM
InfoWars Host Alex Jones Gives $3,000 to Michael Rotondo, Man Evicted From Parent's House

ducks
05-26-2018, 11:02 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/infowars-host-alex-jones-gives-175812020.html

Chris
05-26-2018, 11:20 PM
InfoWars Host Alex Jones Gives $3,000 to Michael Rotondo, Man Evicted From Parent's House

Saw that tbh Alex has a huge heart, but he didn't deserve it imo.

DMX7
05-27-2018, 12:08 AM
Saw that tbh Alex has a huge heart, but he didn't deserve it imo.

I'm sure he calculated that the $3K was less that the value in publicity he got for doing this. Alex is a businessman first and foremost... don't let the globalists tell you otherwise.

Reck
05-27-2018, 12:41 AM
This guy is a Bernie Bro :lol He expects everything to be handed to him.

Guy is an admitted conservative. :lol Nice try

You own this deadbeat.

Chris
05-27-2018, 12:43 AM

You own this deadbeat.

He talked to Alex and he doesn't know a thing about Conservatism. CNN needed him to be one so they could say: "SEE!? SEE!? Trump supporter!!!" Conservative!" He's a Bernie Bro, he just doesn't know it yet.

Reck
05-27-2018, 12:47 AM
He talked to Alex and he doesn't know a thing about Conservatism. CNN needed him to be one so they could say: "SEE!? SEE!? Trump supporter!!!" Conservative!" He's a Bernie Bro, he just doesn't know it yet.

Wishcasting. :lol

“I would say that I’m really not a member of that demographic that they’re speaking to,” Rotondo said about millennials. “I’m a very conservative person. The millennials that they’re speaking to are very liberal in their ideology. “

You own him and you'll take him, period. :lol

DMC
05-27-2018, 12:51 AM

I'd shoot that fucker in his sleep.

I don't get why it's newsworthy though. It's not like no 30 year old is still living at home, unwanted by parents. The courts probably have several cases on file. This just seems like a piece aimed at portraying a segment of voters as losers. Figures it's CNN.

DMC
05-27-2018, 12:54 AM
Can not pay off student loans go to vAcational schools instead

He lived his life on vacation. He doesn't need school on how to do that.

AaronY
05-27-2018, 12:33 PM
I'd shoot that fucker in his sleep.

I don't get why it's newsworthy though. It's not like no 30 year old is still living at home, unwanted by parents. The courts probably have several cases on file. This just seems like a piece aimed at portraying a segment of voters as losers. Figures it's CNN.
CNN didnt break the story it was viral before that

Spurminator
05-27-2018, 12:53 PM
CNN didnt break the story it was viral before that

Right, and it was viral because "Lazy Entitled Millennials," not because he's a conservative. That continues to be the narrative from what I'm seeing.

AaronY
05-27-2018, 01:26 PM
DMC is right tho I have to imagine many parents have had to evict their freeloader kids so wonder what made this one so unique. Maybe its the guy's shamelessness about it all

ducks
05-27-2018, 02:47 PM

You own this deadbeat.

Do you know if he is registered as a republican or democract?

koriwhat
05-27-2018, 03:17 PM

and a job offer and still he didn't seem interested... only interested in that personal check it seemed.

Spurminator
05-27-2018, 03:22 PM
DMC is right tho I have to imagine many parents have had to evict their freeloader kids so wonder what made this one so unique. Maybe its the guy's shamelessness about it all

For sure, not sure why he gets the screen time. Maybe he makes better TV than the others? I don't know, I didn't watch.

AaronY
05-27-2018, 03:29 PM
Do you know if he is registered as a republican or democract?
ducks living and dying on this story. Hes not gonna take the L here. very important minor battle in this culture war for sure

DMC
05-27-2018, 03:40 PM
Right, and it was viral because "Lazy Entitled Millennials," not because he's a conservative. That continues to be the narrative from what I'm seeing.

But that's a false narrative. I've known 30 year olds, when I was 30, who never left home.

There's a difference between camping at home because you're the heir and being a sore on your parents' ass. One friend inherited everything in his family, several farms and all sorts of shit. He grew up there, never left home and ended up living in his grandmother's home because she passed on and left it to the family.

I've not noticed the millennial narrative play out any more than the generation prior.

DMC
05-27-2018, 03:43 PM
Other than his clueless pauses and being a slob, he seems somewhat educated. Almost seems like a fabricated story tbh. Very stereotypical slob white neckbeard loser getting ousted by parents.

One thing that is very different these days is that people call everyone younger than 40 a kid if they still act immature, and folks younger and younger are more willing to challenge authority at home even to the point of right to live in the home.

Chris
05-27-2018, 03:57 PM
and a job offer and still he didn't seem interested... only interested in that personal check it seemed.

"This is going to keep me off the streets." Guy doesn't have a clue what the streets are like.

Spurminator
05-27-2018, 04:12 PM
But that's a false narrative. I've known 30 year olds, when I was 30, who never left home.

There's a difference between camping at home because you're the heir and being a sore on your parents' ass. One friend inherited everything in his family, several farms and all sorts of shit. He grew up there, never left home and ended up living in his grandmother's home because she passed on and left it to the family.

I've not noticed the millennial narrative play out any more than the generation prior.

That's what I've been saying as well.

ducks
06-02-2018, 01:50 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/02/millennial-evicted-from-parents-home-paid-for-car-storage-but-balked-at-child-support-records-show.html

Paid to store cars but not child support

rmt
06-02-2018, 02:21 PM
when I was 18 there wasn't any amount of money you could have paid me to stay. I was ready to GTFO.

Well, I'm not ashamed to say that I lived with my parents until I got married (2 weeks before my 30th birthday) - saved for down payments on my rental and eventual home. If my kids are fortunate enough to get jobs in South Florida, I'll advise them to do the same - won't be able to get 2 these days with the cost of housing/salaries the way they are - it would only be one.

ducks
06-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Son callled cops on dad for legos
https://www.dailywire.com/news/31365/30-year-old-who-wont-move-out-parents-home-calls-amanda-prestigiacomo?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=dwbrand

boutons_deux
06-06-2018, 07:14 AM
U.S. house prices to rise at twice the speed of inflation and pay: Reuters poll

An acute shortage of affordable homes in the United States will continue over the coming year, according to a majority of property market analysts polled by Reuters, driving prices up faster than inflation and wage growth.

After losing over a third of their value a decade ago, which led to the financial crisis and a deep recession, U.S. house prices have regained those losses - led by a robust labor market that has fueled a pickup in economic activity and housing demand.

But supply has not been able to keep up with rising demand, making homeownership less affordable.

Annual average earnings growth has remained below 3 percent even as house price rises have averaged more than 5 percent over the last few years.

The latest poll of nearly 45 analysts taken May 16-June 5 showed the S&P/Case Shiller composite index of

home prices in 20 cities is expected to gain a further 5.7 percent this year.
That compared to predictions for average earnings growth of 2.8 percent and inflation of 2.5 percent 2018, according to a separate Reuters poll of economists. [ECILT/US]

U.S. house prices are then forecast to rise 4.3 percent next year and 3.6 percent in 2020.
“We are not seeing a temporary phenomenon.

House prices have been outrunning family incomes for several years in the U.S.

and while demand has cooled off a bit, the supply side is still very tight,”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-property-poll/u-s-house-prices-to-rise-at-twice-the-speed-of-inflation-and-pay-reuters-poll-idUSKCN1J20G3?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

boutons_deux
06-06-2018, 07:18 AM
Rents are rising at the fastest pace in almost two years

The median rent in the United State rose 2.8 percent over the past year to $1,445, the fastest pace of appreciation since May 2016, according to Zillow.
Potential buyers are having an increasingly difficult time finding a home they can afford, so they are renting longer.
Rising mortgage rates only exacerbate the problem, as they decrease affordability as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/22/rents-are-rising-at-the-fastest-pace-in-almost-two-years.html

Americans getting raped by Capital:

oligarchy suppressing wages for 40 years while Capital (property owners) raise rental and house prices way beyond what oppressed wages can pay.

Then add in $1T+ in college debt that keeps those people from obtaining mortgages, forcing them into expensive rentals.