PDA

View Full Version : Dark Horse of the world cup?

apalisoc_9
05-24-2018, 09:28 PM
Who do you think will challenge for a Semi-final? Among weaker teams?

I got

Moroco
Peru
Sweden

In that order

Spurtacular
05-24-2018, 09:41 PM
I think Pari might be below Swadun, tbh.

DAF86
05-25-2018, 12:04 PM
It depends on what do you consider a dark horse.

dfens
05-25-2018, 01:13 PM
portugal.
they finish 2nd in group B so they get a relatively easy team from group A (uruguay/russia/egypt). then they get a quarters with france who are choke artists and that's semis right here. Semi and penaldo and anything can happen. that's a golden bracket for a world cup and you can bet these niggas know it.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-26-2018, 07:31 PM
dark horse meaning a team that has the personnel to win it but the bookies aren't considering them to win it all? I'd say Uruguay and Croacia

Canyonero
05-26-2018, 07:59 PM
France

ElNono
05-26-2018, 08:35 PM
Would you consider Uruguay a dark horse, tbh?

SpurOutofTownFan
05-27-2018, 09:31 AM

What I said above my understanding of being a dark horse. Unless there's another meaning to "dark horse" in my book Croacia and Uruguay

Spurtacular
05-29-2018, 09:31 PM

If the 2016 Euro champ is gonna count as a dark horse, then I'd say yes. :lol

ElNono
05-29-2018, 09:53 PM
Uruguay then... they're not Germany-like, but always seem to overperform in the World Cups, IMO.

Spurtacular
05-29-2018, 10:18 PM
Uruguay then... they're not Germany-like, but always seem to overperform in the World Cups, IMO.

How does Germany over perform?

ElNono
05-30-2018, 12:30 AM
How does Germany over perform?

I meant Uruguay does. What I mean by them not being Germany-like, is that they're not an ordered team to attack/defend. But still manage to win tough games.

Spurtacular
05-30-2018, 12:35 AM
I meant Uruguay does. What I mean by them not being Germany-like, is that they're not an ordered team to attack/defend. But still manage to win tough games.

Think I misread it. I don't know if it's an over perform or just performing at their highest level unlike most teams, tbh. Also, finishers / playmakers like Forlan (former), Suarez, Cavani, others is invaluable. Not all teams have that.

Phenomanul
05-31-2018, 12:26 PM

Only if Luis Suarez is allowed to horse bite opposing players...

http://memeprensa.blogspot.com/2014/06/ingleses-acusan-que-suarez-usa.html

ElNono
05-31-2018, 06:07 PM
Suarez did his time for it, tbh... hopefully he learned his lesson

DAF86
06-01-2018, 11:49 AM
portugal.
they finish 2nd in group B so they get a relatively easy team from group A (uruguay/russia/egypt). then they get a quarters with france who are choke artists and that's semis right here. Semi and penaldo and anything can happen. that's a golden bracket for a world cup and you can bet these niggas know it.

Yep, if you can consider the Euro champions a dark horse, that would be my pick. Pretty favourable draw. Is better to finish second than first on that group.

Darth_Pelican
06-01-2018, 02:13 PM
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/winner

dfens
06-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Yep, if you can consider the Euro champions a dark horse, that would be my pick. Pretty favourable draw. Is better to finish second than first on that group.

tbh I've been having a good row of bets this year (real for ucl in december, lebron finals in february) .. might put 200 eur on portugal just for the :lol if I get them at a ridiculous 1-10 to make semis. Don't think I'll find that though, betting houses love the alpha penaldo casual bets :lol

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 09:12 PM
I would take Portugal 25-1 or Uruguay 28-1 over England 16-1 or even Belgium 11-1.

But if I was really feeling like playing the lottery with a $10 bet, I'd go with Poland 66-1, Mexico 100-1, or Switzerland 100-1. That's the deepest I see anyone possibly paying off.

SAtown
06-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Mexico 100-1

That's pretty generous tbh. I'd bet $100 that they don't even get a point in the group stage

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 09:50 PM
That's pretty generous tbh. I'd bet $100 that they don't even get a point in the group stage

You think that they're worse than previous Mexico teams?

apalisoc_9
06-02-2018, 09:55 PM

Have you seen S.Korea?

All Asians teams is a disaster waiting to happen. All of them have 2-3 month old coaches too.

They will win against korea. That should be enough to get them through after a draw with sweden.

dfens
06-03-2018, 03:21 AM
Have you seen S.Korea?

All Asians teams is a disaster waiting to happen. All of them have 2-3 month old coaches too.

They will win against korea. That should be enough to get them through after a draw with sweden.

sweden is a very uncomfortable team (see qualification), that is great in the air and which will have massive crowd support ( a lot of swedes will go to this world cup, it's nearby, it's cheap and sweden hasn't made it in a long time). I even see us losing points to them so mexico shouldn't take them lightly tbh..

dfens
06-03-2018, 03:24 AM
I would take Portugal 25-1 or Uruguay 28-1 over England 16-1 or even Belgium 11-1.

But if I was really feeling like playing the lottery with a $10 bet, I'd go with Poland 66-1, Mexico 100-1, or Switzerland 100-1. That's the deepest I see anyone possibly paying off.

son there is one thing you don't understand with odds tbh. I'd give both portgual and uruguay better odds to make the semis because they have a great bracket. But i'd give england and belgium better odds at actually winning the thing, the semis and final are extremely emotional games and you need that "big footballing country we deserve to be here" mentality otherwise you're handicapped in the mental game.

dfens
06-03-2018, 03:30 AM
Who do you think will challenge for a Semi-final? Among weaker teams?

I got

Moroco
Peru
Sweden

In that order

son :lmao

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 05:03 AM
son there is one thing you don't understand with odds tbh. I'd give both portgual and uruguay better odds to make the semis because they have a great bracket. But i'd give england and belgium better odds at actually winning the thing, the semis and final are extremely emotional games and you need that "big footballing country we deserve to be here" mentality otherwise you're handicapped in the mental game.

Yea, cos Belgium has that over Portugal, "son" :lmao

dfens
06-03-2018, 05:22 AM
Yea, cos Belgium has that over Portugal, "son" :lmao

son belgium has a once in a 50 years roster, so they definitely have that mindset. In terms of talent they are top 5: france, brasil, spain, belgium, germany.

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 12:06 PM
son belgium has a once in a 50 years roster, so they definitely have that mindset. In terms of talent they are top 5: france, brasil, spain, belgium, germany.

Please. That "golden generation" ain't doing it. If you don't know that by now....

Son

dfens
06-03-2018, 12:43 PM
Please. That "golden generation" ain't doing it. If you don't know that by now....

Son

of course they aren't contenders, but if they'd make the semis i'd take them over portugal or uruguay in heartbeat, because it means they've gelled enough to form a team and the talent was always there. see? it's very logical sons

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 01:43 PM
of course they aren't contenders, but if they'd make the semis i'd take them over portugal or uruguay in heartbeat, because it means they've gelled enough to form a team and the talent was always there. see? it's very logical sons

Portugal's been there (and won). Uruguay's been there. Your point is as crap as you are. :lmao

dfens
06-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Portugal's been there (and won). Uruguay's been there. Your point is as crap as you are. :lmao

italy's been there (and won) :rolleyes:rolleyes quit being a smartass lil nigga, the point here is that reaching the semis can happen by a very lucky bracket, but winning the damn thing requires a stacked team. also winning the euros in a once in a century bracket isn't quite something to bring up.

also (modern era wc semifinals):
portugal's been there at world cup with a stacked ass team and lost.
uruguay also been there with a very good team and lost.

tldr: the world cup is coming and we getting ready to rumble in here lil nigga, step your game up little boy :lol

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 04:14 PM
italy's been there (and won) :rolleyes:rolleyes quit being a smartass lil nigga, the point here is that reaching the semis can happen by a very lucky bracket, but winning the damn thing requires a stacked team. also winning the euros in a once in a century bracket isn't quite something to bring up.

also (modern era wc semifinals):
portugal's been there at world cup with a stacked ass team and lost.
uruguay also been there with a very good team and lost.

tldr: the world cup is coming and we getting ready to rumble in here lil nigga, step your game up little boy :lol

All that blather doesn't erase your sh** premise and equally sh** conclusion. The odds do reflect that more betters put their money on Belgium cos they apparently think they're a bit better; but it has nothing to do with the big nation extra confidence bull shit you were touting. :lol

DAF86
06-03-2018, 04:18 PM

How is Belgium ahead of Uruguay (and even Portugal) on the "big footballing country, we deserve to be here" mentality? :lol

dfens
06-03-2018, 04:21 PM
smh sons are y'all niggas retarded ?? :wow
why is it so hard to understand that the odds for going to a semifinal are strongly influenced by a weak bracket but the odds for winning the thing require the capacity to reliably win against contenders.

smh sons.

DAF86
06-03-2018, 04:22 PM

Notice how, when arguing Messi, this guy always says that Argentina is stacked and is probably the most talented squad on the World, but now that he isn't arguing that, he forgets to put Argentina even on the top 5. :lol

dfens
06-03-2018, 04:22 PM
All that blather doesn't erase your sh** premise and equally sh** conclusion. The odds do reflect that more betters put their money on Belgium cos they apparently think they're a bit better; but it has nothing to do with the big nation extra confidence bull shit you were touting. :lol

big nation in terms of talent son. Belgium are there. Portugal/Uruguay are not. y'all merica niggas are something special tbh, no wonder they tell you the coffee is hot at mcdonalds SMHH

DAF86
06-03-2018, 04:23 PM
smh sons are y'all niggas retarded ?? :wow
why is it so hard to understand that the odds for going to a semifinal are strongly influenced by a weak bracket but the odds for winning the thing require the capacity to reliably win against contenders.

smh sons.

I understood that quite well, tbh. What I don't get is why a virgin team like Belgium would have a more winning mentality than a 2 times champion.

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 04:28 PM
big nation in terms of talent son. Belgium are there. Portugal/Uruguay are not. y'all merica niggas are something special tbh, no wonder they tell you the coffee is hot at mcdonalds SMHH

:lmao You're a fan boy!
:lmao Still clinging to the 2012-2016 hopes that Belgium is an elite team!
:lmao Sorry, bro; fanboys like you are why Belgium is getting the better odds. But they're in the same stratosphere as Uruguay, England, and Portugal, frankly.

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 04:28 PM
I understood that quite well, tbh. What I don't get is why a virgin team like Belgium would have a more winning mentality than a 2 times champion.

Cos he's a fanboy! :lmao

dfens
06-03-2018, 05:22 PM
:lmao You're a fan boy!
:lmao Still clinging to the 2012-2016 hopes that Belgium is an elite team!
:lmao Sorry, bro; fanboys like you are why Belgium is getting the better odds. But they're in the same stratosphere as Uruguay, England, and Portugal, frankly.

how can I be a fanboy of Belgium when I'm a fucking german you cretin ? smh 'merica 2018 :lol I'm just calling talent when I see it, but also saying they are not playing like a team, I also like Portugal more.

smh arguing with a lobotomized merican :lmao

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 08:27 PM
how can I be a fanboy of Belgium when I'm a fucking german you cretin ? smh 'merica 2018 :lol I'm just calling talent when I see it, but also saying they are not playing like a team, I also like Portugal more.

smh arguing with a lobotomized merican :lmao

Like having "a favorite team" is gonna hold you back.

::lmao Today's fanboy.

dfens
06-04-2018, 01:54 PM
Like having "a favorite team" is gonna hold you back.

::lmao Today's fanboy.

stop being a retarded redneck negro tbh.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-04-2018, 06:51 PM

only issue I have with everything your are saying is that you believe Belgium is a big footballing country. They are really not. Germany is. England and Brazil are. Argentina, Uruguay, and Italy are. There are others on a 2nd level. Belgium is 3rd tier at best. They don't even have a competitive league by European standards and hardly any footballing history.

Regarding odds, yes, on paper Belgium should be paying less than Portugal and Uruguay. On paper.

Spurtacular
06-04-2018, 07:24 PM
stop being a retarded redneck negro tbh.

You're a fanboy at the end of the day, bruh. No surprise there. Nobody was holding you to a higher standard. Come to terms.

lefty
06-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Algeria will give momentum to Ronaldo and friends.

Looking forward for the June 7 bloodbath in Lisbon

pgardn
06-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Algeria will give momentum to Ronaldo and friends.

Looking forward for the June 7 bloodbath in Lisbon

You can’t just go down like that.
You gonna go out there and quit... No. You don’t do that.

lefty
06-04-2018, 10:14 PM
You can’t just go down like that.
You gonna go out there and quit... No. You don’t do that.

Our defense is horrible tbh

dfens
06-05-2018, 10:41 AM
only issue I have with everything your are saying is that you believe Belgium is a big footballing country. They are really not. Germany is. England and Brazil are. Argentina, Uruguay, and Italy are. There are others on a 2nd level. Belgium is 3rd tier at best. They don't even have a competitive league by European standards and hardly any footballing history.

Regarding odds, yes, on paper Belgium should be paying less than Portugal and Uruguay. On paper.

my judgement is that IF they make the semis then they should be gelled properly, so then they can turn that massive talent advantage into a mental advantage specific for big footballing countries.

dfens
06-05-2018, 10:42 AM
You're a fanboy at the end of the day, bruh. No surprise there. Nobody was holding you to a higher standard. Come to terms.

son please. keep that uneducated slave talk to yourself tbh.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-05-2018, 08:00 PM
my judgement is that IF they make the semis then they should be gelled properly, so then they can turn that massive talent advantage into a mental advantage specific for big footballing countries.

tbqh I thought their talent was going to show up when they faced Argentina in 2014 and they ended up losing a silly game. I'm concerned they don't have the mental attitude nor the footballing know-how of a big footballing country to come through went it matters

DAF86
06-05-2018, 08:50 PM
tbqh I thought their talent was going to show up when they faced Argentina in 2014 and they ended up losing a silly game. I'm concerned they don't have the mental attitude nor the footballing know-how of a big footballing country to come through went it matters

I still remember dfens hyping them up before that game. It was the chillest game of that entire WC for Argentina. :lol

SpurOutofTownFan
06-05-2018, 09:51 PM
I still remember dfens hyping them up before that game. It was the chillest game of that entire WC for Argentina. :lol

Wasnt that the game that was 0-0 for most of the game and DiMaria gave Messi a quick pass towards the end of the game, Messi ran almost the entire field counter-attack style and shot from outside the box to beat Courtois?

DAF86
06-05-2018, 11:02 PM
Wasnt that the game that was 0-0 for most of the game and DiMaria gave Messi a quick pass towards the end of the game, Messi ran almost the entire field counter-attack style and shot from outside the box to beat Courtois?

Nah. That was Switzerland. Against Belgium we were ahead since the beggining of the match thanks to an Higuaín goal.

This super duper talented team couldn't create danger all game long.

Spurtacular
06-06-2018, 12:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOctLZf1kkE

SpurOutofTownFan
06-06-2018, 06:59 AM
Nah. That was Switzerland. Against Belgium we were ahead since the beggining of the match thanks to an Higuaín goal.

This super duper talented team couldn't create danger all game long.

Right! yes, I remember now, it was Switzerland - they actually played much better than Belgium against Argentina. I thought that game would go overtime.. but Messi is Messi

dfens
06-06-2018, 02:53 PM

I didn't tbh, they were too young and untested. Right now they are the right age and experience, they just need to play as a team, although there are reasonable doubts about this. Still, if they play as a team then they'll be very dangerous.

I still remember dfens (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24674) hyping them up before that game. It was the chillest game of that entire WC for Argentina. :lol

if you actually bother reading the threads from 4 years ago you'll see I was skeptical about belgium for exactly the aforementioned reason. experience is THE most important thing at the world cup, talent is needed but is not enough.

Spurtacular
06-09-2018, 02:08 AM
if you actually bother reading the threads from 4 years ago you'll see I was skeptical about belgium for exactly the aforementioned reason.

Yea, Germans speaking English as a second language don't speak like that. You are a beta fan boy faggot. :lmao

apalisoc_9
06-09-2018, 02:38 AM
Yea, Germans speaking English as a second language don't speak like that. You are a beta fan boy faggot. :lmao

Why? Its pretty common for Non-Americans to speak and be fluent in multiple languages.

Spurtacular
06-09-2018, 02:46 AM
Why? Its pretty common for Non-Americans to speak and be fluent in multiple languages.

I hear it's pretty common for them to pretend they don't know how to routinely misspell simple words like a FOB despite posting hundred plus times a day on message boards too. :lmao

apalisoc_9
06-09-2018, 02:49 AM
Trump IQ. Smdh.

dfens
06-09-2018, 03:15 AM
I hear it's pretty common for them to pretend they don't know how to routinely misspell simple words like a FOB despite posting hundred plus times a day on message boards too. :lmao

sons Germany is an educated country tbh, and most Germans under 50 speak at passable to good English .. usa on the other hand :lol

dfens
06-09-2018, 03:20 AM
Trump IQ. Smdh.

son what do you expect from a country that voted Trump and is in a trade war with all but its enemies and is filled with unhappy overworked people proud that they are exploited ?

hater
06-12-2018, 07:37 AM
sons Germany is an educated country tbh, and most Germans under 50 speak at passable to good English .. usa on the other hand :lol

Of course you nigas speak english. You need to to communicate with your masters the Americans who parade our militay hardware through your boring cities :lmao

hater
06-12-2018, 07:46 AM
Belgians are a bunch or life losers like the English :lol

Sure they can get to a semis but thats it. Then they choke

I see Portugal as a dark horse tbqh

With france, brasil and USA-military-outpost as favorites

SpurOutofTownFan
06-12-2018, 05:01 PM
USA-military-outpost as favorites

ROLF

Spurtacular
06-12-2018, 11:49 PM
Belgians are a bunch or life losers like the English :lol

Sure they can get to a semis but thats it. Then they choke

Belgium doesn't consistently score, and their defense is pretty fallible. Still, :lol at germisoc having a hard-on for them.

apalisoc_9
06-13-2018, 03:07 PM
Idiots.

Belguim has a relativley easy path to the quarter finals. That's Nazi whole point.

They play one of the four (Senegal, Japan, Colombia, Poland) in the round of 16. All will pose some sort of problems but on paper Belguim is a tier above them all.

Once they get to the quarter finals, everything will be tight.

In essense if they win one game over expectations ( win quarters) they would have had a good world cup.

Its easy money really.

DAF86
06-13-2018, 07:11 PM
Idiots.

Belguim has a relativley easy path to the quarter finals. That's Nazi whole point.

They play one of the four (Senegal, Japan, Colombia, Poland) in the round of 16. All will pose some sort of problems but on paper Belguim is a tier above them all.

Once they get to the quarter finals, everything will be tight.

In essense if they win one game over expectations ( win quarters) they would have had a good world cup.

Its easy money really.

Who's the idiot again?

dfens
06-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Who's the idiot again?

can you even read son? it's the world cup y'all niggas should relax tbh, I know that midget got you tense because you might drop in the group stage but still smh son.

dfens
06-14-2018, 01:44 PM
Of course you nigas speak english. You need to to communicate with your masters the Americans who parade our militay hardware through your boring cities :lmao

we're coming back nigga. deal with it.

DAF86
06-14-2018, 03:48 PM
can you even read son? it's the world cup y'all niggas should relax tbh, I know that midget got you tense because you might drop in the group stage but still smh son.

That comment wasn't directed at you, tbh.

Spurtacular
06-14-2018, 09:00 PM

It's nikka. Have some respect.

hater
06-14-2018, 09:45 PM

Yeah to clean the base outhouse tbqh

hater
06-14-2018, 11:43 PM
Peru will make it past group stage! Bold prediction

And they will have a good chance to pass round of 16

Matter fact. What are some good gambling sites? I will put some money on this

Spurtacular
06-15-2018, 12:51 AM

It's not that bold. Some think they're the second best team in the group. Though I think Denmark has the scoring a team pinache a team needs in a tournament like this. And Australia has the experience. So, gun to my head I have Peru finishing last in the group (maybe 3rd cos I think Aussie looks really shaky, like there's been a dip in their talent level).

Spurtacular
06-15-2018, 01:01 AM

I ain't looking at any odds, but if you're looking at "easy money" for advancing out of a group I'd look at Croatia and Sweden. Sweden's dicey, but I figure they're at +750, and I'd give them a one in three chance.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-15-2018, 12:58 PM

I can see them moving past the group as well. They have a good team, well coached.

Spurtacular
06-15-2018, 07:28 PM
I can see them moving past the group as well. They have a good team, well coached.

Haven't been at a WC in 36 years and playing on "Euro" soil. Denmark is the more sound pick, tbh.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Haven't been at a WC in 36 years and playing on "Euro" soil. Denmark is the more sound pick, tbh.

I definitely like Denmark as well. That group is pretty even

dfens
06-16-2018, 05:16 AM
It's nikka. Have some respect.

it's niggger tbh. EDIT: why is negro censured? :wow:wow:wow:wow where's my freedom of speech you worthless farbigers.

Yeah to clean the base outhouse tbqh

venezuela socialist hungry peasant talking tough smh :lmao

Spurtacular
06-16-2018, 05:25 AM
it's niggger tbh. EDIT: why is negro censured? :wow:wow:wow:wow where's my freedom of speech you worthless farbigers.

venezuela socialist hungry peasant talking tough smh :lmao

C*nt is censored too. Liberals think words are like bullets. :lol

dfens
06-16-2018, 07:26 AM
C*nt is censored too. Liberals think words are like bullets. :lol

tbh life ain't what it once was back in the late 80s / early 90s sons. peak usa tbh, going out of the cold war on top and hiding ugly reagonomics under nafta on mexico and canada lol.

Spurtacular
06-16-2018, 08:11 AM
tbh life ain't what it once was back in the late 80s / early 90s sons. peak usa tbh, going out of the cold war on top and hiding ugly reagonomics under nafta on mexico and canada lol.

Sure, snowflake.

Spurtacular
06-16-2018, 08:12 AM
If you're Iceland, you got to bury that shot.

dfens
06-16-2018, 08:19 AM
Sure, snowflake.

nigga I was living it up in LA while the mommy and daddy of the snowflake generation were just getting to know each other, keep them limp dick insults for the nigballassociation forum tbh

Spurtacular
06-16-2018, 09:30 AM
nigga I was living it up in LA while the mommy and daddy of the snowflake generation were just getting to know each other, keep them limp dick insults for the nigballassociation forum tbh

:lol Tantrum mode.

dfens
06-16-2018, 10:26 AM
:lol Tantrum mode.

:lol sons you're pathetic tbh but funny. god bless tbh