PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop this nonsense about the Warriors being invincible..

spursistan
05-24-2018, 11:25 PM
A bunch of frontrunning pricks who time and again have shown a lack of poise and proneness to choke in high pressured games.

The idea that we should concede the next few championships for them is simply foolish. The fact that fuckin' Pringles/CP3/Harden have them over a barrel with their B game is all you can take away from this series. Only Paul injury will save them now.

If Kawhi isn't irrevocably damaged by this quad issue, the Spurs should go all in this summer to mount a championship challenge for the next two/three years.

DAF86
05-24-2018, 11:27 PM
A Lebron, Kawhi, Aldridge, Pop team-up beats them.

lil'mo
05-24-2018, 11:28 PM
It’s that they SHOULD be invincible. Terrible coaching and cocky players who don’t think they need a game plan makes them beatable when they shouldn’t be

KDKSpurs24
05-24-2018, 11:32 PM
I guess they need Iguadola too.. shame.

spursistan
05-24-2018, 11:32 PM
A Lebron, Kawhi, Aldridge, Pop team-up beats them.
Hell a Kemba-Kawhi-Aldridge trio with a sound coaching/game-plan might have chance. I honestly think Curry-KD-Green are all past their peak by some margin..Add that to the mileage from a likely fourth Finals run, and you might just get them..

Slippy
05-24-2018, 11:36 PM
Ya dubs are looking very beatable. Taking trashy tough shots, and cant get anything going from inside. Makes me think how lucky the spurs are to have an inside presence in Lamarcus.

At the same time rocks are getting great looks. Amazing what 2 elite point guards & a much imrpoved team defense is doing for their team.

Also helps that klay is struggling but not surprised since he facing Ariza and not midgets like patty mills.

itzsoweezee
05-24-2018, 11:43 PM
Rockets are playing amazing defense right now. I've never seen the Spurs defend the warriors like Houston is doing this series. I hope they can keep it up without cp3

spursistan
05-25-2018, 12:07 AM
The disgusting injury luck of these faggots is beyond me.. It is absolutely unreal..

John B
05-25-2018, 12:21 AM
KD iso while good, is affecting their ball movement. Green is not getting his assist that finds Thompson/Curry for open 3’s. No fastbreaks from Draymond. They’re playing Houston game, lots of dribbling and isolation games.

Gummi Clutch
05-25-2018, 12:22 AM
Rockets are playing amazing defense right now. I've never seen the Spurs defend the warriors like Houston is doing this series. I hope they can keep it up without cp3
This.

2 games under 100 points for this warriors team. Klay was hitting every open shot..the switches have them shook. The rockets , who have been ridiculed for their defense are playing some of the best defense I have ever seen

tbdog
05-25-2018, 12:28 AM
Warriors issues is actually that the best players shrink. Durant and Curry are known to shrink on the big stage. Curry has been the most dominant player in the last few years and won 0 finals mvp's. He was perhaps the 5th best player in 2016 finals. Durant joined them to avoid the scenarios where he had to put teams on his back. Klay is their most ballsy player in the team and he is hurting.

99 Problems
05-25-2018, 12:50 AM
Roxs really owe it to themselves to have a hot shooting game against Golden Fake. Might as well make it game 6. 13/43 from the 3 and 29/78 overall, just wow. They’re playing some decent D lol.

ducks
05-25-2018, 12:52 AM
They choke in close games

ducks
05-25-2018, 12:54 AM
Gs is playing iso ball now which is stupid
They are not used to it and to makes Houston d look better then it is

UNT Eagles 2016
05-25-2018, 01:23 AM
Harden is overdue for a big game. He was 0-11 from three tonight so hopefully it's out of his system.

ace3g
05-25-2018, 01:45 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/866004177314496512/j0DweK7S_400x400.jpg

BillMc
05-25-2018, 04:24 AM
I really think we might have beaten them last year if not for the loss of Kawhi (and also Tony). No way to know, of course.

Namundy
05-25-2018, 04:55 AM
Suddenly it makes a TON if sense as to why we went after Iggy hard in the offseason. That bench is the first thread starting to unravel.

NameLess Scrub
05-25-2018, 07:15 AM
It’s that they SHOULD be invincible. Terrible coaching and cocky players who don’t think they need a game plan makes them beatable when they shouldn’t be

Probably this. Also if they get injured.

They are human after all.

But yeah, street balling on the road can make a team look bad. Also Paul was lucky enough to make some really tough shots.

james evans
05-25-2018, 07:18 AM
Because we got a dumbass for a coach packing the lane giving them open 3s off screens

boutons_deux
05-25-2018, 07:32 AM
In the previous games,

Celtics won shooting 36%

Rockets won shooting 37%

That's Spurs' level offense.

bklynspursfan
05-25-2018, 07:33 AM
I really think we might have beaten them last year if not for the loss of Kawhi (and also Tony). No way to know, of course.

I feel the same. Smh Zaza.

cd98
05-25-2018, 07:43 AM
KD has looked awful in big moments by taking off balanced shots.

MaNu4Tres
05-25-2018, 07:49 AM

Pop would have played Pau & Patty too much.

Not happening until Spurs clear out any defensive liabilities away from the rotation. Might be able to get away w Mills having a 15 minute role but that's it.

spursistan
05-25-2018, 02:07 PM
So Paul is out of Game 6 and will most likely be gimpy for Game 7 that is if he plays..Just sickening stuff..

Clipper Nation
05-25-2018, 03:23 PM

This.

2 games under 100 points for this warriors team. Klay was hitting every open shot..the switches have them shook. The rockets , who have been ridiculed for their defense are playing some of the best defense I have ever seen
Durbeta in the last two 4th quarters combined: 1-9 FG, 2 rebounds.

Sorry, but there isn't a defense in the world that can hold Durbeta to those numbers by themselves. He's choking.

RD2191
05-25-2018, 03:39 PM
As I said before, dubs would've been one and done had KD not joined them.

SpursforSix
05-25-2018, 03:42 PM
If at some point GSW is clearly going to lose a game, I expect Curry to start limping and the story to be that he was really only at 50% the whole series.

ducks
05-25-2018, 03:46 PM
Harden is overdue for a big game. He was 0-11 from three tonight so hopefully it's out of his system.

he has missed his last 20 I think from deep

Chillen
05-25-2018, 03:57 PM
Rockets need to take a page out of the 2003 Spurs playbook vs than 3 time defending NBA champs Lakers. You got into this game for the win you never let up or feel sorry for them one bit, do whatever it takes to win this game. They have a huge opportunity here to reach the NBA Finals. The Warriorettes will be out to hit every shot imaginable to force a game 7 and if the Warriorettes go up big they will show off like they always do. Rockets have to go into this game with the mentality of winning the game and don't let up for one second, every possession matters. Houston can reach the NBA finals, hope they seize the moment.

TD 21
05-25-2018, 04:08 PM
Anytime you have a superstar in his prime, of course you should go all in. I've never deviated from that.

The Rockets pushing them to the brink (even if Paul were healthy, I'd still have to see them finishing the job to believe it) says nothing about the Spurs ability to do so, though.

Rockets . . .

- 2 all-time play makers
- Shoot the most 3s ever, increasing their variance
- No glaring liability on both sides of the ball in their rotation

Spurs . . .

- Nothing resembling a lead play maker
- Shoot among the least 3s in the league and their % fell off a cliff last season, decreasing their variance
- Liabilities galore on both sides of the ball in their rotation (offense: Murray, Anderson, defense: Gasol, Mills, Parker)

rjv
05-25-2018, 04:24 PM
i don't know if paul can be ready to go by monday if there is a game 7. if GS gets by another series due to injury they really are just way too fortunate.

SpursDynasty85
05-25-2018, 04:26 PM
Warriors at full strength would be up if it wasn't for Curry being rusty and Iguodala being hurt. Secondly, where is Javale Mcgee???!!! It makes no sense to have Looney out there over McGee when you have Capela as the opposing center. Something is going on. Now that CP3 is out for likely the rest of the playoffs, Warriors are back in it.

coachmac87
05-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Anytime you have a superstar in his prime, of course you should go all in. I've never deviated from that.

The Rockets pushing them to the brink (even if Paul were healthy, I'd still have to see them finishing the job to believe it) says nothing about the Spurs ability to do so, though.

Rockets . . .

- 2 all-time play makers
- Shoot the most 3s ever, increasing their variance
- No glaring liability on both sides of the ball in their rotation

Spurs . . .

- Nothing resembling a lead play maker
- Shoot among the least 3s in the league and their % fell off a cliff last season, decreasing their variance
- Liabilities galore on both sides of the ball in their rotation (offense: Murray, Anderson, defense: Gasol, Mills, Parker)

Funny how adding PJ Tucker a Chris Paul and losing Kawhi Leonard can do that huh...

TD 21
05-25-2018, 04:44 PM
Funny how adding PJ Tucker a Chris Paul and losing Kawhi Leonard can do that huh...

King apologist to the rescue! Never fails.

The difference is, the Rockets had the right idea even before this season. They just didn't have the right personnel to execute it.

The Spurs aren't suited even with Leonard, genius. If they think they can just plug him back in, bring back the band and they'll be in contention, they're delusional.

coachmac87
05-25-2018, 04:48 PM
King apologist to the rescue! Never fails.

The difference is, the Rockets had the right idea even before this season. They just didn't have the right personnel to execute it.

The Spurs aren't suited even with Leonard, genius. If they think they can just plug him back in, bring back the band and they'll be in contention, they're delusional.

I’m just keeping it real bud....

Warriors are fragile front runners..Spurs were mentally beat losing Kawhi last year and this year..

Don’t act like Harden and the Rockets are any different..Paul is saving Harden ass (0-20 from 3)

Slippy
05-26-2018, 01:56 AM
I’m just keeping it real bud....

Warriors are fragile front runners..Spurs were mentally beat losing Kawhi last year and this year..

Don’t act like Harden and the Rockets are any different..Paul is saving Harden ass (0-20 from 3)

Since want to keep it real. I see rockets players including Harden working harder on defense & helping each other out in a coehesive manner. Something we not used tp when discussing rhe rockets of old.

coachmac87
05-26-2018, 02:48 AM
Since want to keep it real. I see rockets players including Harden working harder on defense & helping each other out in a coehesive manner. Something we not used tp when discussing rhe rockets of old.

Correct. Their focus on defense came from SA..People have copied/mimic the Spurs way of defending the Warriors..back in 16’ when Warriors were 62-7 and Spurs were 59-10 and Spurs won and held that team to 79 points..it was eye popping and and the league took notice..

Spurs issues have always been offense when these teams meet. Losing Kawhi is a huge offensive loss..Houston defense has been suspect but they learned from their own ass whooping last year “how to defend”. It’s what the Spurs have been known for the past 20 years...

The entire NBA has copied the Spurs from top to bottom..even the precious Warriors with the “ beautiful game”.

duncan2k5
05-26-2018, 06:18 AM
As I said before, dubs would've been one and done had KD not joined them.

They wouldnt even had won one if kyrie and love played...remember lebron alone took them to 6 because two of his best teammates didnt even play

RD2191
05-26-2018, 09:49 AM
They wouldnt even had won one if kyrie and love played...remember lebron alone took them to 6 because two of his best teammates didnt even play

Damn, I had forgotten about that. Dubs are the biggest asterisk champions in NBA history.

tbdog
05-28-2018, 10:08 PM
Your invincible when you can screen like this with the best shooter ever on the court. https://streamable.com/k5up0

cd98
05-29-2018, 10:30 AM
You have to play near perfect defense and score efficiently 4 out of 7 to beat them. They are pretty close to invincible.

duncan2k5
05-29-2018, 11:14 AM
You have to play near perfect defense and score efficiently 4 out of 7 to beat them. They are pretty close to invincible.

Nah... U just have to stay healthy, and hope refs have integrity

Dex
05-29-2018, 11:16 AM

Welp, we're fucked.

SAGirl
05-29-2018, 01:50 PM
Your invincible when you can screen like this with the best shooter ever on the court. https://streamable.com/k5up0
wow....

CGD
05-29-2018, 09:02 PM

Jesus that’s awful. Are we sure they haven’t hired Bogut as a consultant over there?

cd98
05-29-2018, 09:13 PM

What 4 years in a row to the NBA finals in the tougher Western Conference? That’s more than just injury issues and ref integrity.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-30-2018, 01:04 AM
They’re pretty invincible. They’re a 3-1 comeback from what would likely have been a 4-peat. Luck helps, but fate certainly smiles on them it seems.

MultiTroll
05-30-2018, 05:10 AM
They’re pretty invincible. They’re a 3-1 comeback from what would likely have been a 4-peat. Luck helps, but fate certainly smiles on them it seems.
They are also a Kyrie Irving / Love injury -Zaza cheapshot- Durant quitting up 3-1 so as not to eliminate his fellow faggots from being eliminated - now this tape on Game 6 Rockets- from being 1 or even zero Championships.

Phuck the Warriors.

Chillen
05-30-2018, 06:33 AM
If Warriors ring this season it's rigged, all it took was game 6 of WCF.

Capt Bringdown
05-30-2018, 07:00 AM
Invincible vs the Cavs. Hard to imagine a scenario in which the Cavs win 4 games.

DMC
05-30-2018, 07:18 AM
Invincible vs the Cavs. Hard to imagine a scenario in which the Cavs win 4 games.

Inability to stop Lebron from getting to the rim. If Donkey get ejected or suspended, or injured.. Lebron could have a decent chance at it.

wildbill2u
05-30-2018, 03:41 PM
The truth is that both of the WCF teams would have beat the Spurs this year, even with Kwahi. WE have LMA and Kwahi and then the talent level drops off alarmingly.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-30-2018, 06:44 PM
Phuck the Warriors.

I’m with you. My least favorite team in a long time. No class, ungracious pricks. Unfortunately no team has risen up to drop them down to earth. It’s been a shitty four years as a non-Warrrior fan.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-30-2018, 06:46 PM
It’s gotten bad when I find myself cheering for Pringles and the phucking Rockets.

tbdog
05-30-2018, 07:55 PM
The truth is that both of the WCF teams would have beat the Spurs this year, even with Kwahi. WE have LMA and Kwahi and then the talent level drops off alarmingly.

We give Gasol shit, but he is good vs any other team other than them. He was one of the better rim protectors this year and by defacto our best passer. His 3p shooting drop has more to do with losing a penetrator (Leonard/healthy Parker), than just age. Gay was always going to take all season to get back to shape. He was getting there and had a good last stretch. Mills was coming around towards the end after coming into the season out of shape.

Here is the thing, when you have Manu and Gasol, you need to manage their minute's cause of age. Then you have Parker coming back from injury. Then you take on Gay who is coming back from major injury also. Then Leonard goes down. I mean, too many minute restrictions. That is a diaster.

ceds
05-30-2018, 08:01 PM
At full strength It's not a fair fight with any team in the league & they are invincible.

If Kawhi stays (and is not Mr Glass) we need to plan our window for the 2020 - 2025 seasons imo

tholdren
05-30-2018, 08:02 PM
We give Gasol shit, but he is good vs any other team other than them. He was one of the better rim protectors this year and by defacto our best passer. His 3p shooting drop has more to do with losing a penetrator (Leonard/healthy Parker), than just age. Gay was always going to take all season to get back to shape. He was getting there and had a good last stretch. Mills was coming around towards the end after coming into the season out of shape.

Here is the thing, when you have Manu and Gasol, you need to manage their minute's cause of age. Then you have Parker coming back from injury. Then you take on Gay who is coming back from major injury also. Then Leonard goes down. I mean, too many minute restrictions. That is a diaster.

Jesus. Gasol is awful

SpurPadre
05-30-2018, 09:19 PM
At full strength It's not a fair fight with any team in the league & they are invincible.

If Kawhi stays (and is not Mr Glass) we need to plan our window for the 2020 - 2025 seasons imo

If that were true, Houston would've been swept with an average margin of victory of over 20 points. Bullshit. They reaped off CP3's injury to win Game 7 and that's it.

ceds
05-31-2018, 01:16 AM
If that were true, Houston would've been swept with an average margin of victory of over 20 points. Bullshit. They reaped off CP3's injury to win Game 7 and that's it.

First of all i said a full strength warriors team which isn't the case atm. Injury aside they are unbeatable but in 2 years when KD & curry are over 30 & iggy is a corpse etc and kawhi is 28 things will be different.

This is the window we should be planning for.

secondly cp0 has choked too many times in the playoffs to assume Hou wins G7 with him playing

spursistan
05-31-2018, 11:03 PM
These faggots are so beatable yet their luck never runs out :lol..

Amuseddaysleeper
05-31-2018, 11:09 PM
These faggots are so beatable yet their luck never runs out :lol..

But enough about Real Madrid, what do you think about the Warriors?

cutewizard
06-06-2018, 07:15 AM
Hmmmmm?.....

cutewizard
06-06-2018, 07:16 AM
Hope Murray is watching the Finals intently

06-07-2018, 09:22 PM
They're not invincible, they're just too stacked.

Game 3 was proof of that.

Slippy
06-07-2018, 09:27 PM
They're not invincible, they're just too stacked.

Game 3 was proof of that.

Game three proves the cavs arent good enough. The best matchup happened in the west. Dubs got let off when Chris Paul pulled his hammy. Golden state maybe stacked but they got luck on their side too.

06-07-2018, 09:32 PM
Game three proves the cavs arent good enough. The best matchup happened in the west. Dubs got let off when Chris Paul pulled his hammy. Golden state maybe stacked but they got luck on their side too.

Warriors were without Iggy for last 4 games of that series and the first two games of the finals. That's what made it tougher for the Warriors in that Houston series.

He's an extremely underrated piece for that team.

Slippy
06-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Agree about Iggy. Still highlights how lucky they got with Paul out. The dubs minus Iggy were vulnerable in that series.

RichB
06-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Warriors were without Iggy for last 4 games of that series and the first two games of the finals. That's what made it tougher for the Warriors in that Houston series.

Yep. That’s why they are a lock to 3-peat next season, and EASILY a lock to win at least another 4 championships in the Durant era. It’s as guaranteed as south Texas having humidity in the Summer. :lol

r0drig0lac
06-08-2018, 05:28 AM

if chris paul is not injured, rockets would be playing the finals, no argument will change that, anyone who watched the series knows this

06-08-2018, 07:19 AM
if chris paul is not injured, rockets would be playing the finals, no argument will change that, anyone who watched the series knows this

It's no coincidence that Paul got hot in that series once Iguodala was shelved.

That extra wing defender would have been enough to neutralize Paul some. Maybe even more considering Harden was struggling up to that point.

Offensively, he's an extra playmaker that would have been a more stabilizing force than Kevon Looney was. He was a liability for GS in that series.