PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green on ESPN2: "Kawhi has told me verbally he wants to stay here"

Amuseddaysleeper
05-27-2018, 02:23 AM
:claw

BillMc
05-27-2018, 03:51 AM
Don't doubt you OP, but anyone got a link?

Could be something like "I wanna stay here, but....."

but...I need the Supermax...

but...I need Uncle Dennis to have a lot more say....

but...LMA cannot have "his touches"

but....I need an ST account to defend myself...

nym
05-27-2018, 05:03 AM
Are you talking about when Danny went on that show Get Up with Michelle Beadle and Jalen Rose? Cause although I didn't see the full segment I saw a clip and plenty of articles that cited his full quote about the Kawhi situation. Here's one article that talks about that Danny interview https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Danny-Green-on-Spurs-Kawhi-Leonard-I-think-he-12943788.php.

It seems like Danny is doing PR damage control for the Spurs and that makes me think he is going to opt in for next year. Here is the full quote of what he said about the Kawhi thing:"It's up in the air right now," Green said. "But I think he wants to be in San Antonio, he's let me know that, he let me know verbally he wanted to be there, so we'll see what happens."

hater
05-27-2018, 09:01 AM
What matters is what Unc Lavar Leonard says tho

cd021
05-27-2018, 09:42 AM
Are you talking about when Danny went on that show Get Up with Michelle Beadle and Jalen Rose? Cause although I didn't see the full segment I saw a clip and plenty of articles that cited his full quote about the Kawhi situation. Here's one article that talks about that Danny interview https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Danny-Green-on-Spurs-Kawhi-Leonard-I-think-he-12943788.php.

It seems like Danny is doing PR damage control for the Spurs and that makes me think he is going to opt in for next year. Here is the full quote of what he said about the Kawhi thing:"It's up in the air right now," Green said. "But I think he wants to be in San Antonio, he's let me know that, he let me know verbally he wanted to be there, so we'll see what happens."

I doubt Green opts in tbh. He fired his agent and his new agent only gets paid when he has a new deal that he helped negotiate. Green probably takes a 3 or 4 year deal, for less than $10 million per year. Thing is, the teams that will have cap space are generally bad and probably aren't going to want him because of his age and they don't need a veteran for more than the minimum the playoff teams that would want him won't have the cap space- or even the full MLE (Cleveland, Washington, OKC, GSW, Portland, etc.)

I could see him re-signing for 3 years, $27 million or 4 years, $36 million-that's more than what the MLE would be, even though he probably wouldn't even get that on the open market.

As what he said about Kawhi, I don't buy it. Him and Kawhi seem close and he's probably doing him a solid because Kawhi is getting killed for peacing-out on the Spurs this season. That doesn't mean that he won't be back but if the Spurs decide that he isn't worth the supermax then they'll trade him-hopefully they'll come to a conclusion by the draft though.

Play Boban
05-27-2018, 11:03 AM
:lol

BillMc
05-27-2018, 11:07 AM
The words "verbally" and "Kawhi" in the same sentence....:lol

Dingle Barry
05-27-2018, 11:58 AM
Only matters what Tio Dennis says.

Dex
05-27-2018, 12:00 PM
So we officially don't believe what anybody has to say about the matter now?

Okay.

sasaint
05-27-2018, 12:36 PM
The words "verbally" and "Kawhi" in the same sentence....:lol

Lol! Yes, but "about" not "from"...

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2018, 12:48 PM
Who the fuck wants YOU here? G-League

ace3g
05-27-2018, 12:48 PM

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2018, 12:51 PM
This faggot is at all the clubs, ESPN talk shows, New York bodegas, but he can't be caught in a gym.

Praying he opts out. Cancerous turd.

Chinook
05-27-2018, 01:02 PM
Danny's an underrated "hero" for SA if Kawhi stays. Dude closed the deal on LMA in 2015 and has been Leonard's most vocal supporter/defender. I wish he was doing more on the court right now, but someone has to try to hold the locker room together, and even Murray has demonstrated little interest in doing that.

TimDunkem
05-27-2018, 01:25 PM
This faggot is at all the clubs, ESPN talk shows, New York bodegas, but he can't be caught in a gym.

Praying he opts out. Cancerous turd.

YGWHI
05-27-2018, 02:31 PM
but....I need an ST account to defend myself...

I've never been more offended in my life. This time you crossed the line, Bill.

Ive been insulted before but c'mon...he needs what? to "defend" himself...WTF??

What's about ME, Bill? ME!!!!

What do you think I was doing all this f*cking time??

:D

BackHome
05-27-2018, 02:43 PM
So Danny is in Kawhi camp very interesting

daslicer
05-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Danny's an underrated "hero" for SA if Kawhi stays. Dude closed the deal on LMA in 2015 and has been Leonard's most vocal supporter/defender. I wish he was doing more on the court right now, but someone has to try to hold the locker room together, and even Murray has demonstrated little interest in doing that.

Murray is a kid can't expect him to be leader or a glue guy.

Chinook
05-27-2018, 03:17 PM
Murray is a kid can't expect him to be leader or a glue guy.

You're right. You can't expect anyone to stay because of him. But he's the most public cheer-leading teammate right now, and he seemingly turned on Leonard big time.

daslicer
05-27-2018, 03:48 PM
You're right. You can't expect anyone to stay because of him. But he's the most public cheer-leading teammate right now, and he seemingly turned on Leonard big time.

I think Murray is a good kid he's just not mature enough yet to be a leader or glue guy but one day he will get there. I can understand him turning on Kawhi he probably knows the bs that went down and is not willing to be a mediator like Danny and try to patch up things. Again it's understandable for him to feel this way since he's a kid. I would have reacted the same way he did when I was his age to the Kawhi situation.

coachmac87
05-27-2018, 03:55 PM

What did he do? And how do you know?

Chinook
05-27-2018, 03:59 PM
What did he do? And how do you know?

I don't know, hence "seemingly"

YGWHI
05-27-2018, 03:59 PM

Just for Bill who says I'm not doing my job well...

Like Ramona said and Jabari confirmed, DJ is one of the young guys that Kawhi called during all season, like it or not, they're still very close.

Canyonero
05-27-2018, 04:00 PM
Should have asked for a written confirmation tbh

dabom
05-27-2018, 04:03 PM

Like Ramona said and Jabari confirmed, DJ is one of the young guys that Kawhi called during all season, like it or not, they're still very close.

But doublechin says he not cool with Kawhi anymore. :cry

coachmac87
05-27-2018, 04:12 PM
I don't know, hence "seemingly"

What makes it “seemingly”?

YGWHI
05-27-2018, 04:17 PM

What DJ posted was a lyric.

He literaly posts NBA Youngboy quotes daily but I doubt that Chinnok knows Youngboy https://twitter.com/ggyoungboy

Then AN HOUR later DJ posted a pic of him with LMA..Suddenly "it was about Kawhi"

Some guys here seem so crazy, overreacting for nothing.

Chinook
05-27-2018, 04:18 PM
What makes it “seemingly”?

That post he made a while back. Someone with computer access could probably link you to the post or thread. On my phone. But that post by Murray with what Young is trying to downplay in Y's post.

Chinook
05-27-2018, 04:25 PM
What DJ posted was a lyric.

He literaly posts NBA Youngboy quotes daily but I doubt that Chinnok knows Youngboy https://twitter.com/ggyoungboy

Then AN HOUR later DJ posted a pic of him with LMA..Suddenly "it was about Kawhi"

It's intellectually dishonest to try to paint me as the guy trying to stir shit up. The Murray post was discussed by a bunch of people on ST and online in general. The best evidence you have downplaying it was a tweet by Jabari Young, who's already massively discredited himself on anything Spurs-related. Only you and Apa think he's a legit source right now.

More importantly, you chose to try to go at me when I wasn't even attacking Kawhi. It wasn't even attacking Murray. It's really stupid of you to even quote me on this, because even if you're right and Murray's post had nothing to do with Kawhi, he's still not making the rounds publicly going to bat for Leonard like Green has. And that was the actual point of what I said.

spursistan
05-27-2018, 04:32 PM

Jabbar has been trash forever.

Which is which, faggot? :lol

YGWHI
05-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Only you and Apa think he's a legit source right now.

You're so wrong about Jabari Young. He's a LEGIT source of one side. No one on media knows better Kawhi's camp than him.

To have news from Spurs' side we already read Jeff and Tom. With Young, we know players' voices too.

It's always very useful to have different perspectives, different information's angles, not sure why you can't see this..

More importantly, you chose to try to go at me when I wasn't even attacking Kawhi.
Really? C'mon...

spursistan
05-27-2018, 04:42 PM
It's intellectually dishonest to try to paint me as the guy trying to stir shit up. The Murray post was discussed by a bunch of people on ST and online in general. The best evidence you have downplaying it was a tweet by Jabari Young, who's already massively discredited himself on anything Spurs-related. Only you and Apa think he's a legit source right now.

More importantly, you chose to try to go at me when I wasn't even attacking Kawhi. It wasn't even attacking Murray. It's really stupid of you to even quote me on this, because even if you're right and Murray's post had nothing to do with Kawhi, he's still not making the rounds publicly going to bat for Leonard like Green has. And that was the actual point of what I said.

There is literally no point trying to debate apologist fanboys who are hellbent on wiping Leonard ass no matter what.

It is late May 2018 and this dude is still seriously quoting the trashy Windhorst-wannabe Jabari Young, as some disinterested authority/source on the Leonard saga..

YGWHI
05-27-2018, 04:49 PM
There is literally no point trying to debate apologist fanboys who are hellbent on wiping Leonard ass no matter what.

It is late May 2018 and this dude is still seriously quoting the trashy Windhorst-wannabe Jabari Young, as some disinterested authority/source on the Leonard saga..

It seems like we have many Kawhi's Windhorst-wannabe, even on ESPN. Ramona is another.

"Those who talk regularly to Leonard still believe that's the case. Popovich stayed in close contact with Leonard, exchanging text messages throughout the season. So have teammates, including Danny Green and DEJONTE MURRAY"

Don't worry. I know that your replies to those news that don't fit into your false narratives always finish with some "but but but fanboys..." because you can't admit a mistake.

Chinook
05-27-2018, 04:55 PM
You're so wrong about Jabari Young. He's a LEGIT source of one side. No one on media knows better Kawhi's camp than him.

First off, he's not a legit source. If he was then he wouldn't have flip-flopped on whether there was a rift between PATFO and Leonard. Secondly, Young is a fucking reporter, not a member of Kawhi's family. He's not supposed to be a "source" for info. He's supposed to connect with actual sources and actually tell us what's going on, not how one side wants to frame what's going on. Kawhi already has his sister to be his mouthpiece. Young should be better than that.

Really? C'mon...

Yes, really. You've been a uncomfortably defensive about Kawhi for years now, so I shouldn't have expected you to not read anti-Kawhi bias into what I said. My original post was essentially "If Kawhi stays, Green could end up as a bit of a hero, since he's the only guy going to bat for it right now." Is anyone else on the team doing that? No. So what's the problem? Probably that you just don't like the implications. But they're irrelevant. Either SA and Kawhi come to an agreement on a new deal, or they don't. Until something happens, it doesn't make sense to analyze it.

Of course, you could have looked at the last thread I made on the Kawhi topic a week or so ago and seen that I didn't attack Kawhi at all there. Because of all this bullshit, there are actual posters here who "hate" Leonard and want to fuck him over in a trade or sit him a year out of spite. You're so focused on our long-running disagreements that you just assume I've done the same thing.

dabom
05-27-2018, 05:10 PM
Which is which, faggot? :lol

You can be trash and be right on occasion you dumb fuck. :lmao

Everything isn't black and white faggot. :lmao :lmao

spursistan
05-27-2018, 05:17 PM
You can be trash and be right on occasion you dumb fuck. :lmao

Everything isn't black and white faggot. :lmao :lmao
That would only be true if you have a smidgen of nuance. But we all know you are the king of impulsive retardation..:lol

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2018, 05:22 PM
That would only be true if you have a smidgen of nuance. But we all know you are the king of impulsive retardation..:lol
:lol...

dabom
05-27-2018, 05:22 PM
People should know not to step up by now. :lol

YGWHI
05-27-2018, 05:42 PM
First off, he's not a legit source. If he was then he wouldn't have flip-flopped on whether there was a rift between PATFO and Leonard. Secondly, Young is a fucking reporter, not a member of Kawhi's family. He's not supposed to be a "source" for info. He's supposed to connect with actual sources and actually tell us what's going on, not how one side wants to frame what's going on. Kawhi already has his sister to be his mouthpiece. Young should be better than that.

He's not part of Kawhi's camp, he has sources in a player's camp and is telling you what's going on that camp. He isn't lying you saying "the Spurs are gonna..." He's a reporter telling fans what he hears from one side.

Unlike you, I find it very useful and worth reading.

For the record, Danny wasn't the only Spur who admitted to keep in contact with Kawhi.
Brandon and then Rudy were clear about that.

"Were you able to talk to him at all as he was doing his rehab? Having been through something similar, were you able to give him any advice or talk him through this since you can relate to what he’s going through?

RG: Yeah, I have. I’ve talked to him and sent him pictures and stuff like that. We would talk back and forth. Like I said, I’ve been in that situation, you know? There’s really nothing others can say [to make it better]. You just work as hard as you can to get healthy. I hope he’s getting closer to that. I haven’t really brought it up or anything, but I hope he’s getting closer to that."

https://hoopshype.com/2018/05/07/rudy-gay-on-the-spurs-culture-kawhi-leonard-drama-learning-from-gregg-popovich-and-more/

However, Danny is the only one saying Kawhi wants to stay and supporting him in that way.

BackHome
05-27-2018, 05:53 PM
WTF - what is Daboom doing posting? He said he would stop posting if “I can’t wipe my ass Kawhi didn’t play”. Well he didn’t play WTF is he doing on this site? Dude have some balls at least make an alt but to go back on your word is F UP! A man who can’t stand by his word is not a man!

dbreiden83080
05-27-2018, 06:34 PM
Paul will be a game time decision for game 7. Wow how about that? A player considering playing hurt. This actually happens in the NBA..

cutewizard
05-27-2018, 06:53 PM
Spurs not playing in the Western Finals.....

Sad.

YGWHI
05-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Paul will be a game time decision for game 7. Wow how about that? A player considering playing hurt. This actually happens in the NBA..

CP3 is getting old and could think this is his last chance to make the Finals.

Anyway, I find so crazy that some fans want and expect that players to keep playing after getting injured.

I wouldn't ask others what I'm not willing to do...If I were a pro player I wouldn't push and try to play with an injury.

Why would I put my body and career at risk for just one game? It could do permanent harm ruining my chances to play at great level again.

DJR210
05-27-2018, 07:38 PM
He said as much with his "Spur for life" comment to the media.. He didn't say it w/ much confidence directly, so I'm not gonna get too excited over Danny's claim.

wingster
05-27-2018, 09:08 PM
I'm not aware or familiar with this...anyone care to elaborate.

KDKSpurs24
05-27-2018, 09:13 PM
I think LMA called Danny with a lot of questions and since he joined I’m assuming he said a lot of the right things

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2018, 10:33 PM
No one is. Parker closed the deal, if anything.

BillMc
05-27-2018, 10:50 PM
I've never been more offended in my life. This time you crossed the line, Bill.

Ive been insulted before but c'mon...he needs what? to "defend" himself...WTF??

What's about ME, Bill? ME!!!!

What do you think I was doing all this f*cking time??

:D

:lmao

Well done. You are most definitely have Kawhi's back. That cannot be denied. :bobo

tholdren
05-28-2018, 12:08 AM

Yes, really. You've been a uncomfortably defensive about Kawhi for years now, so I shouldn't have expected you to not read anti-Kawhi bias into what I said. My original post was essentially "If Kawhi stays, Green could end up as a bit of a hero, since he's the only guy going to bat for it right now." Is anyone else on the team doing that? No. So what's the problem? Probably that you just don't like the implications. But they're irrelevant. Either SA and Kawhi come to an agreement on a new deal, or they don't. Until something happens, it doesn't make sense to analyze it.

Of course, you could have looked at the last thread I made on the Kawhi topic a week or so ago and seen that I didn't attack Kawhi at all there. Because of all this bullshit, there are actual posters here who "hate" Leonard and want to fuck him over in a trade or sit him a year out of spite. You're so focused on our long-running disagreements that you just assume I've done the same thing.
I vote sit out for spite

Chinook
05-28-2018, 12:43 AM

I think LMA called Danny with a lot of questions and since he joined I’m assuming he said a lot of the right things

Pretty much this. Green wasn't at the LMA recruiting meeting -- in fact, PATFO was working under the impression Danny was going to walk when they started free agency. Because he wasn't part of the pitch, LMA called Green to get the "real scoop" on the Spurs. Danny, pitched him on it even though LMA signing was going to make it less likely PATFO would give him a contract. If the team does turn around and give Green a new deal, I think 2015 will have a lot to do with it. Real team-first stuff by him that summer.

SAGirl
05-29-2018, 01:16 PM
I doubt Green opts in tbh. He fired his agent and his new agent only gets paid when he has a new deal that he helped negotiate. Green probably takes a 3 or 4 year deal, for less than $10 million per year. Thing is, the teams that will have cap space are generally bad and probably aren't going to want him because of his age and they don't need a veteran for more than the minimum the playoff teams that would want him won't have the cap space- or even the full MLE (Cleveland, Washington, OKC, GSW, Portland, etc.)

I could see him re-signing for 3 years, $27 million or 4 years, $36 million-that's more than what the MLE would be, even though he probably wouldn't even get that on the open market.

As what he said about Kawhi, I don't buy it. Him and Kawhi seem close and he's probably doing him a solid because Kawhi is getting killed for peacing-out on the Spurs this season. That doesn't mean that he won't be back but if the Spurs decide that he isn't worth the supermax then they'll trade him-hopefully they'll come to a conclusion by the draft though.
hhhhmmm
Thanks for highlighting the bolded portion.
I had forgotten about that and thus I was thinking opting in was at least a 50% probability. He could have announced it already if that was the case (players like Cory Joseph and others that already know they will opt in, have already announced it).

I now tend to think that he is waiting out to see what happens with Kawhi, what the Spurs are offering, (are they retooling vs rebuilding, or are they dumping contracts to make space for a Lebron---unlikely IMO). Anyways, he will see what happens and go from there.

SAGirl
05-29-2018, 01:37 PM
He said as much with his "Spur for life" comment to the media.. He didn't say it w/ much confidence directly, so I'm not gonna get too excited over Danny's claim.
The entire sentence is very true.
:tu

He already said it to the media, succintly and unconvincingly but he said something... He could easily have said something to Danny as well.

But Danny also had reservations, the same as all of us still have them. In the same breath he said Kawhi wants to be back, he also said that it's still up in the air.

There is a difference between what one man says and what he does. Until he's signed to a long-term deal, anything said doesn't have more weight than acts and things done.

I'd like Kiwi back if he's going to be healthy and committed to the team going forward. This interview from Danny doesn't really give insight to answer those two questions...

exstatic
05-29-2018, 01:50 PM
So we officially don't believe what anybody has to say about the matter now?

Okay.

What's funny is that DG said "there" not "here" as if he too has already checked out.

SAGirl
05-29-2018, 01:51 PM
What's funny is that DG said "there" not "here" as if he too has already checked out.
:wow
I missed that. I have to look at it again...

Edit: you are right... the subconscious mind breaks through.

exstatic
05-29-2018, 02:01 PM
hhhhmmm
Thanks for highlighting the bolded portion.
I had forgotten about that and thus I was thinking opting in was at least a 50% probability. He could have announced it already if that was the case (players like Cory Joseph and others that already know they will opt in, have already announced it).

I now tend to think that he is waiting out to see what happens with Kawhi, what the Spurs are offering, (are they retooling vs rebuilding, or are they dumping contracts to make space for a Lebron---unlikely IMO). Anyways, he will see what happens and go from there.

He'll be able to see the draft, and any trades that happen during that night, but he has to opt in or out by June 29.

June 29

Last day for decisions on player, team and early termination options, unless individual contracts specify otherwise.

Chinook
05-29-2018, 03:00 PM

Danny wasn't in SA during that interview, right? Why would he say here?

YGWHI
05-30-2018, 08:24 AM
While Danny says Kawhi wants to stay...Who knows if Parker and Manu want him in SA.

I just said Parker/Manu didnt see Kawhi as MVP candidate/top player...

If both players think he's expendable -in a sense they trust in Pop finding a good/better replacement- this could be a good reason for saying what they said.

A month ago I said that Parker/Manu don't see Kawhi as a top 5 player...People called me crazy...Well, I wasn't wrong.

I guess his tweet is very telling...Plus, Manu didn't answer his followers asking why he didn't mention Kawhi.

exstatic
05-30-2018, 08:47 AM
While Danny says Kawhi wants to stay...Who knows if Parker and Manu want him in SA.

A month ago I said that Parker/Manu don't see Kawhi as a top 5 player...People called me crazy...Well, I wasn't wrong.

I guess his tweet is very telling...Plus, Manu didn't answer his followers asking why he didn't mention Kawhi.

This is why I think he's gone. His 'group' has done their spin and said the right things, and now the Spurs are doing the same. They'll 'talk', nothing will be resolved, and both sides will move on.

JPB
05-30-2018, 09:07 AM

Can't dominate from your couch.

bklynspursfan
05-30-2018, 10:20 AM

It could also be people reading too much into stuff now. I mean he didn't mention Anthony Davis, or Giannis. Both have a legit case to be higher than WB. Who knows what he was thinking. Kawhi just missed basically an entire year of one of his prime years.

Manu has definitely talked about Kawhi being one of the greats and being "the guy" in previous seasons. He knows how dominant he is

Killakobe81
05-30-2018, 12:18 PM
Why would he leave? He would need a damn good reason
He can get supermax in SA ...
I think the smoke was real (smoldering) but not a fire that can not be put out with a $200 million fire extinguisher

DPG21920
05-30-2018, 12:21 PM
What Danny’s comments did do is discredit everyone who said Kawhi communicated with his teammates. Danny shed more light on that and admitted that no one including himself knew more than the media which was nothing. He pretty clearly stated he was not in the know during the season.

Killakobe81
05-30-2018, 12:23 PM
What Danny’s comments did do is discredit everyone who said Kawhi communicated with his teammates. Danny shed more light on that and admitted that no one including himself knew more than the media which was nothing. He pretty clearly stated he was not in the know during the season.

Makes sense and i get the panic/frustration ...
But until he walks I don't believe the hype ...

Lakers FO better not plan on havimng a legit shot at KL ...

DPG21920
05-30-2018, 12:26 PM
Makes sense and i get the panic/frustration ...
But until he walks I don't believe the hype ...

Lakers FO better not plan on havimng a legit shot at KL ...

I’m 50/50. I think there is a legit shot he’s gone but I’m with you that nothing is done yet. There are reasons to make it work even if it’s only temporary.

exstatic
05-30-2018, 01:36 PM
I’m 50/50. I think there is a legit shot he’s gone but I’m with you that nothing is done yet. There are reasons to make it work even if it’s only temporary.

That could be what goes down. They may sign him, even to a SuperMax, only to flip him next summer with 5 years remaining on his contract. There would be MANY suitors then, with him all locked in until 2024.

DPG21920
05-30-2018, 01:40 PM
Yup. Kawhi gets his money but loses some control over where he goes.

SAGirl
05-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Why would he leave? He would need a damn good reason
He can get supermax in SA ...
I think the smoke was real (smoldering) but not a fire that can not be put out with a $200 million fire extinguisher
I am not sure what the issues are, but I suspect he's really been injured and the Spurs have reservations on that supermax... imagine he gets it and seasons like the one he just had is going to be the new normal... He might not really be worth that huge contract. I am speculating, but I have all along been worried about his injury.

Chinook
05-30-2018, 02:47 PM
That could be what goes down. They may sign him, even to a SuperMax, only to flip him next summer with 5 years remaining on his contract. There would be MANY suitors then, with him all locked in until 2024.

Issue is, if you have Kawhi next season, even if you think you're going to trade him, you have to go all-in. That means trading prospects and picks to try to improves the back court and solidify the front court. Then, even if you get a decent haul for Leonard, you still are farther back in terms of rebuilding that you would have been had you traded him for somewhat less now. I think if you sign him, you have to go into it assuming it can work out long-term. Leonard, Aldridge and a good third option can win a title if things break right. If you can get that together (and you can if you sell the immediate future), you do it.

DPG21920
05-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Issue is, if you have Kawhi next season, even if you think you're going to trade him, you have to go all-in. That means trading prospects and picks to try to improves the back court and solidify the front court. Then, even if you get a decent haul for Leonard, you still are farther back in terms of rebuilding that you would have been had you traded him for somewhat less now. I think if you sign him, you have to go into it assuming it can work out long-term. Leonard, Aldridge and a good third option can win a title if things break right. If you can get that together (and you can if you sell the immediate future), you do it.

I agree, but I think the fact that this core without Kawhi made it to the playoffs would give SA enough reason to just sign Kawhi and give it a run without facing too much backlash.

YGWHI
05-31-2018, 04:35 AM
Can't dominate from your couch.

I mean he didn't mention Anthony Davis, or Giannis. Both have a legit case to be higher than WB.

Kawhi was MVP runner in 2016 and MVP top 3 candidate in 2017..KD missed a whole season in OKC and people still talked about him as elite.

Giannis doesn't reach his prime yet and this was best AD's season of his career. Kawhi had more better seasons and awards.

Manu has definitely talked about Kawhi being one of the greats and being "the guy" in previous seasons. He knows how dominant he is
I've said before that I never heard Manu talking about Kawhi as MVP or that type of player in his last two seasons.

YGWHI
05-31-2018, 04:43 AM

Not really. If we believe Danny in previous interviews and other guys like Rudy Gay, they were talking all season about his injury...The same Danny talked about Kawhi's setbacks before media and how his injury got "worse in the summer" in Chris Broussard podcast.

DPG21920
05-31-2018, 09:05 AM
Not really. If we believe Danny in previous interviews and other guys like Rudy Gay, they were talking all season about his injury...The same Danny talked about Kawhi's setbacks before media and how his injury got "worse in the summer" in Chris Broussard podcast.

I believe after the season, most recent Danny. Do you just dismiss what he said in this interview completely?

ducks
05-31-2018, 02:34 PM
DOES DANNY WIPE HIS ASS
IS THAT WHY DANNY SUCKED THIS YEAR NO LEONARD TO SUCK ON

duncan2k5
05-31-2018, 02:56 PM
Ginobili not handling this well at all... If it were anyone else we would torch them... Imagine if Westbrook tweeted this when he and KD were on the same team, and left KD out the top 5

tholdren
05-31-2018, 03:19 PM
Ginobili not handling this well at all... If it were anyone else we would torch them... Imagine if Westbrook tweeted this when he and KD were on the same team, and left KD out the top 5

Lol

cd98
05-31-2018, 03:26 PM

If Kawhi is butt hurt by that then he is a pansy.

RD2191
05-31-2018, 04:06 PM
Y'all are reading too much into manu's tweet. I seriously doubt he was throwing any shade at Kawhi.

DPG21920
05-31-2018, 04:17 PM
Y'all are reading too much into TP’s interview response. I seriously doubt he was throwing any shade at Kawhi.

Fixed.

cjw
06-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Fixed.

I wonder how much of the TP quote was him trying to say something different but given he’s not a native English speaker, it came across wrong.

YGWHI
06-01-2018, 05:22 AM
I believe after the season, most recent Danny.
I believe "previous Danny", too. And other players like Rudy confirmed it. They said they talked with Kawhi about his rehab during all regular season.

Do you just dismiss what he said in this interview completely?
Dismiss Kawhi telling him he wants to stay? Not really. I've said since Day 1 that Kawhi wants to sign a supermax deal and stay in SA.

BackHome
06-01-2018, 09:25 AM
Don’t care what Kawhi thinks dude only played 9 games last year which is about 1 million a game. No way in Hell do I give him a super max after he spent a quarter of the season in New York.

DPG21920
06-01-2018, 10:41 AM
I believe "previous Danny", too. And other players like Rudy confirmed it. They said they talked with Kawhi about his rehab during all regular season.

Dismiss Kawhi telling him he wants to stay? Not really. I've said since Day 1 that Kawhi wants to sign a supermax deal and stay in SA.

Why are you being obtuse? We were specifically talking about communication and you purposely try to pivot just to be argumentative and cheeky.

duncan2k5
06-05-2018, 04:56 AM
I wonder how much of the TP quote was him trying to say something different but given he’s not a native English speaker, it came across wrong.

How long are we gonna use that excuse? He has been here almost as long as he has been in France... Every other time he gives an interview he is articulate... But when he throws shade at teammates it's because he doesn't speak English?

duncan2k5
06-05-2018, 05:00 AM
If Kawhi is butt hurt by that then he is a pansy.

I'm sure every single player who is top 5 in the league would take that as shade if it were their teammate, who has been taking small shots months before... Nowhere did I say Kawhi was hurt... I'm sure he isn't... But I'm sure he takes that as a shot... Manu is handling this like a spurned ex

BackHome
06-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Manu is the man a fucking living legend the closet thing to God. We going to put up a statue of him, Timmy, and David.

Phenomanul
06-06-2018, 03:09 PM
I'm sure every single player who is top 5 in the league would take that as shade if it were their teammate, who has been taking small shots months before... Nowhere did I say Kawhi was hurt... I'm sure he isn't... But I'm sure he takes that as a shot... Manu is handling this like a spurned ex

Your take against Manu is asinine.

YOU are reading WAAAAAAAAAAY much more into Manu's comments than you should be...

ducks
06-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Green has to go

DJR210
06-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Green has to go

That gay pic of him in braids he just posted.. recognize those hills in the background? Coincidence or nah?