PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: surreal opponent injury luck..

spursistan
05-28-2018, 07:06 PM
Shit is totally unheard of..

2015:

- Mike Conley broken face. Missed game 1 of the semis.
- Kyrie breaks kneecap in game 1.
- Love misses finals due to Olynyk being dirty.

2016:

- Lose to healthy Cavs

2017:

- Kawhi ankle in game 1 (miss rest of series after being up 23 pts at HT)

2018:

- Kawhi OUT, again.
- Boogie
- CP3 out game 6/7 when Rockets leading 3-2 in series.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeUq0GLV4AEbFtc.jpg

Stabula
05-28-2018, 07:09 PM
Healthy players not allowed to see the floor by Adam Silver so Warriors can take it

LkrFan
05-28-2018, 07:22 PM
:cry

Bynumite
05-28-2018, 07:40 PM
Hmm, i was under the impression that 2016 had been more eventful than that but i guess i'll trust op's recollection of the events.

Clipper Nation
05-28-2018, 07:41 PM
CP0 getting injured isn't luck, it's an annual playoff tradition. He will never stay healthy.

Leetonidas
05-28-2018, 07:41 PM
:cry Currys only at 75% :cry

Clipper Nation
05-28-2018, 07:42 PM
Hmm, i was under the impression that 2016 had been more eventful than that but i guess i'll trust op's recollection of the events.

Good point. OP forgot to mention that Kevin Love missed Game 3 with a concussion that year.

05-28-2018, 07:42 PM
They weren’t healthy in 2016, but still it landed them KD so ����*♂️

RD2191
05-28-2018, 07:45 PM
Biggest asterisk champions in NBA history tbh

Budkin
05-28-2018, 11:22 PM

Mitch
05-28-2018, 11:31 PM

:lol no

1999 is the asterisk that started it all

spursistan
05-28-2018, 11:49 PM

TD 21
05-29-2018, 05:17 PM
It's funny how the Spurs, who have had more bad luck than many seem to realize, constantly have their few breaks thrown in their face, yet the numerous fan boys/girls in the media (because those front running frauds cozied up to them during their rise and are built around telegenic perimeter players) are desperate to pass them off as not only legit champions, but dynastic and in the GOAT discussion when they win this upcoming sham of a Finals again.

Between this and the absurd talent gulf post Durant, they've never proven their mettle en route to a championship and unless the Rockets find a way to add James, probably never will have to.

The Gemini Method
05-30-2018, 02:38 PM
Luck is preparation meeting opportunity. You can label the ZaZa one as potentially being the only one the Warriors have been at the foot of the causation. The others were on those teams for not adjusting. I mean, we can wax poetic about how Magic and B. Scott went down in '89 was a terrible loss. But by no means do I label the Pistons as "lucky". Dem are the breaks.

snickles
05-31-2018, 02:45 PM
If magic and scott had been hurt 3 or 4 years in a row, would you had considered the Lakers unlucky?

Luck is preparation meeting opportunity. You can label the ZaZa one as potentially being the only one the Warriors have been at the foot of the causation. The others were on those teams for not adjusting. I mean, we can wax poetic about how Magic and B. Scott went down in '89 was a terrible loss. But by no means do I label the Pistons as "lucky". Dem are the breaks.

Killakobe81
05-31-2018, 03:35 PM

Exactly. We can play what if for 89 ...
Pistons can say teh same about IT's ankle the year before.
To be champ you need some luck SeanElliott staying inbounds, Valde tap to Horry, Lebron's miss goping from Bosh to Ray allen.
ean, Big shot Rob, ray all hit huge clutch shots but you need luck too. Oh and Amare taking two steps helped Spurs too.

The Gemini Method
05-31-2018, 06:45 PM
If magic and scott had been hurt 3 or 4 years in a row, would you had considered the Lakers unlucky? I would consider them cursed. But fortunately, they weren't. I mean like IT being hurt in '88 we had breaks as well. But that's the premise of sports. The Lakers have a treasure trove of luck. So if the Magic/Scott injuries were endemic, then that would've written a different narrative. It all comes with the territory. Blessed be those who win. Luck or not.

nickdakoolkat
06-03-2018, 01:11 AM
I love how people sitting in front of a computer screen think they have the authority to put an asterisk on an nba teams accomplishments. If any of you think for one second that any of their championship runs were easy, or handed to them then you are a idiot. No championship in any of the major sports is easy, something my pops always tells me is in order to win a title (any sport) you have to be healthy, and you gotta make your own luck. The recent sf giants titles are a perfect example of that.

Chillen
06-03-2018, 06:19 AM
No championship in any of the major sports is easy, something my pops always tells me is in order to win a title (any sport) you have to be healthy, and you gotta make your own luck. The recent sf giants titles are a perfect example of that.

Haha, but it helps to have a little all-star team out there playing for the folks in San Francisco, it makes the task easier all the time. In any sport if your opponent has a disadvantage it's easier to win. Not easy, but easier. That is the case with the Warriors at the moment.

K...
06-03-2018, 08:31 AM
I love how people sitting in front of a computer screen think they have the authority to put an asterisk on an nba teams accomplishments. If any of you think for one second that any of their championship runs were easy, or handed to them then you are a idiot. No championship in any of the major sports is easy, something my pops always tells me is in order to win a title (any sport) you have to be healthy, and you gotta make your own luck. The recent sf giants titles are a perfect example of that.

and yet here you were on your saturday night down in the muck talking astericks.

JoeTait75
06-03-2018, 12:07 PM
They've gotten a lot of breaks during this run. Not their doing, and they've taken advantage of them to their credit. As a Cavaliers fan it's frustrating because, assuming Golden State wins this series, history will record them as having had the upper hand on Cleveland, and the breaks have something to do with that.

Mark Celibate
06-03-2018, 01:22 PM

gay

why is your dad even giving you advice on what it takes to win a title? Does he have experience or something?

fag/10

DeadlyDynasty
06-03-2018, 01:42 PM
Greetings, Mark

Ghazi
06-03-2018, 03:45 PM
gay

why is your dad even giving you advice on what it takes to win a title? Does he have experience or something?

fag/10 lmao

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2018, 03:52 PM
They've gotten a lot of breaks during this run. Not their doing, and they've taken advantage of them to their credit. As a Cavaliers fan it's frustrating because, assuming Golden State wins this series, history will record them as having had the upper hand on Cleveland, and the breaks have something to do with that.

1 of them was absolutely their doing

TheCultOfPersonality
06-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Out of all these listed injuries, the 2015 Cavaliers are the only team that had the potential to win their series against the Warriors if healthy.

Against these other teams the Warriors were going to win their series regardless.

RD2191
06-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Out of all these listed injuries, the 2015 Cavaliers are the only team that had the potential to win their series against the Warriors if healthy.

Against these other teams the Warriors were going to win their series regardless.

Wrong

David Stern
06-03-2018, 05:48 PM
This Warriors team=2001-2002 Lakers and 2012-2013 Miami Heat. Trailing by double digits as of late and the other team having to choke for them to win. They are showing more chinks in the armor. They will ring this year, but they’ll decline even more next season where things get even more difficult for them.

Arcadian
06-03-2018, 11:17 PM
They've also had the luxury of facing the same team in the Finals 4 times. They already know what to expect every time. And these Cavs teams are inferior to the Heat teams the Spurs had to face.