PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: What now?

spursistan
05-28-2018, 10:51 PM
Breakup the team that would have probably won it all without Paul hamstring issue for Lebron and destroy your depth? Give an injury-prone CP3 30+ millions deal until 38?

Interesting summer lies ahead for Morey..

lefty
05-28-2018, 10:52 PM
Nah just moar threes

FkLA
05-28-2018, 10:53 PM
Scrip club time, tbh. :danceclub

spursistan
05-28-2018, 10:53 PM
Swap Ryan Anderson for a Black or European player ASAP..
Not sure who is going to take him off their hands. :lol

One of the worst contracts in league...

Killakobe81
05-28-2018, 10:55 PM
Breakup the team that would have probably won it all without Paul hamstring issue for Lebron and destroy your depth? Give an injury-prone CP3 30+ millions deal until 38?

In some ways this works out great for CP3 ...
Everyone will say if he was healthy they win even though onemore win and Lebron was looming.
Rox inside source already said they saw enough to extend him plus he turned down so much to join them ...
They gonna pay ...

Bynumite
05-28-2018, 10:56 PM
LeBum about to turn 34, if he as any sense and wants to ring in the immediate future he joins them, instead of betting in a talented but young and inexperienced sixers team that is gonna take years to reach their full potential.

He probably too pussy to leave the comfort of the shitty eastern conference though.

RsxPiimp
05-28-2018, 10:59 PM
Nah just moar threes

who else is in the market

spursistan
05-28-2018, 11:08 PM
Paul has actually lost leverage with yet another injury in crunch time of a playoff series..But, yeah, I still expect Houston to pay.

Clipper Nation
05-28-2018, 11:20 PM
CP0's getting that $207 million - the NBA version of the Albert Pujols contract. Glad it's not the Clippers giving him that money.

Bynumite
05-28-2018, 11:50 PM
CP0's getting that $207 million - the NBA version of the Albert Pujols contract. Glad it's not the Clippers giving him that money.

Ironically, his most successful NBA season came immediately after leaving the clippers :lol

DAF86
05-28-2018, 11:55 PM
LeBum about to turn 34, if he as any sense and wants to ring in the immediate future he joins them, instead of betting in a talented but young and inexperienced sixers team that is gonna take years to reach their full potential.

He probably too pussy to leave the comfort of the shitty eastern conference though.

Makes more sense to join the Celtics, imho.

DAF86
05-29-2018, 12:00 AM
No way I'm giving Supermax to CP3 if I'm Houston. Just too old and injury prone. Talk him into a discount, if not shake his hand good bye.

It's true that the Rockets probably win this series with Paul, but not because Paul is some super duper player at this point. It was just because he was another playmaker to help Harden. A CJ McCullum type player probably has the same impact CP3 had for them.

Killakobe81
05-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Paul has actually lost leverage with yet another injury in crunch time of a playoff series..But, yeah, I still expect Houston to pay.

probably a wash he finally made a conference finals and hit some clutch shots to get Rox on the cusp of a finals ...but gets hurt before could seal deal.
i think he gained leverage overall but lost a bit (of what he built after game 5) due to injury.

Killakobe81
05-29-2018, 12:05 AM
No way I'm giving Supermax to CP3 if I'm Houston. Just too old and injury prone. Talk him into a discount, if not shake his hand good bye.

It's true that the Rockets probably win this series with Paul, but not because Paul is some super duper player at this point. It was just because he was another playmaker to help Harden. A CJ McCullum type player probably has the same impact CP3 had for them.

Agree i wouldnt pay him max but ...
disagree CJ mccullym could provide similar impact.
Paul made some plays to close out 4 and 5 especially passing and defense that CJ has not shown he can deliver.

Stabula
05-29-2018, 12:43 AM
They'll open the vault for him but they already peaked this year. This Rockets team is only going to get worse from here on out.

endrity
05-29-2018, 06:08 AM
With LeBron being at 34, and the Warriors kind of worn down, the Celtics and Sixers still learning the game, there is a 2-3 year window for stealing one with Harden and an-old-but-still-effective CP3. I'd pay if I was him.

TD 21
05-29-2018, 05:07 PM
Offer Paul a 3 year max. Yeah, he's injury prone and aging, but what's the alternative? With him, they're a break away from having a chance to win a championship. Without him, it's inconceivable.

It's not like they'd be flush in cap space if they let him walk and even if they were, the only better player available is James, who their best chance of wooing is with him in tow.

Capt Bringdown
05-29-2018, 05:18 PM
CP3 is not meant for the rigors of playoff basketball, mental or physical. How many more test cases do you need to figure that out?
"Maybe it will be different next time." That's CP3's sad-sack mantra.
The guy's a loser.

daslicer
05-29-2018, 06:01 PM
CP3 is not meant for the rigors of playoff basketball, mental or physical. How many more test cases do you need to figure that out?
"Maybe it will be different next time." That's CP3's sad-sack mantra.
The guy's a loser.

Agreed this guy come playoff time is always made out of glass. He's always going to get hurt during the playoffs due to his weak body.

ViceCity86
05-29-2018, 07:26 PM
Ryan Anderson contract is a killer. I believe without that albatross, Rockets could of sign Lebron James outright and few lesser players on the cheap while renouncing Chris Pauls Bird Rights.

spurraider21
05-29-2018, 07:29 PM

but CJ McCollum type players dont just grow on trees

ViceCity86
05-29-2018, 07:35 PM
Chris Paul injury history.

When you get injured as often as he does, you got to say this isn’t bad luck. He’s always carried extra weight on. At some point you got to get with a trainer or physiotherapist and do everything possible to prevent injuries.

DMC
05-29-2018, 08:51 PM
At this point you have to consider CP3 as a guy who won't be there when it counts most. You can still get to the playoffs with him, and you might go deep, but he's not going to be there when it matters

DAF86
05-29-2018, 09:49 PM
but CJ McCollum type players dont just grow on trees

Sure, but they aren't supermax players either. And in any case, dinamic paymaking guards are, comparatively, the easiest type of offensive players to get. You can always go for a flyer and get the next Lowry, Bledsoe, I.Thomas, Reggie Jackson, Teague, Schroeder, etc.

Obviously, neither guy is half as good as CP3, but maybe getting two of those type of players can be cheaper and have more or less the same impact.

Jrue Holliday, now that's a player I would have liked to see playing the CP3 role on this Warriors-Rockets series.

DMC
05-29-2018, 11:01 PM
Sure, but they aren't supermax players either. And in any case, dinamic paymaking guards are, comparatively, the easiest type of offensive players to get. You can always go for a flyer and get the next Lowry, Bledsoe, I.Thomas, Reggie Jackson, Teague, Schroeder, etc.

Obviously, neither guy is half as good as CP3, but maybe getting two of those type of players can be cheaper and have more or less the same impact.

Jrue Holliday, now that's a player I would have liked to see playing the CP3 role on this Warriors-Rockets series.

These people you mention aren't slightly above the run of-the mill players. They are solid players. Some perhaps overrated a bit.

Name 5 players in the league as good as CJ.

DAF86
05-29-2018, 11:11 PM
These people you mention aren't slightly above the run of-the mill players. They are solid players. Some perhaps overrated a bit.

Name 5 players in the league as good as CJ.

What do you "as good as"? Just as good? Or as good as him or better?

I haven't made the list but I doubt CJ McCullum enters the top 25 or top 30 players list.

Caltex2
05-31-2018, 06:48 PM
I say try and bring him back but only if Capela is back. Someone (the Suns?) may try and throw a max contract at him. If so, let everyone walk. Capela is good but not max worthy.

The Warriors have just about peaked.They have three years at the most left. Curry won't be able to guard much of anyone as he ages, Durant will be good but not all-time great though Klay should stay the most consistent as well as Draymond, who has the shortest fall from his peak.

Unless CP3 takes a big discount, bring in a decent PG that doesn't turn the ball over much and a garbage work big man. A 3-point marksman like JJ Reddick , a free agent to be, wouldn't hurt either. Add all of them and you'll be roughly as good as you were.