PDA

View Full Version : What was the reaction to Roseanne disrespecting the national anthem?

Trill Clinton
05-30-2018, 10:05 AM
ls1YVhcLD2c

How did this Patriotic alt right suspected white supremacist get away with taking a shit on our sacred anthem? She even spit on the anthem. Did everyone laugh it off or was there outrage?

monosylab1k
05-30-2018, 10:22 AM
There was indeed outrage tbh. I mean she didn’t get fired and blackballed from her career over it, cuz she’s white, but there was definitely some level of outrage at the time.

Chucho
05-30-2018, 11:01 AM
I don't think her knee could have supported a kneel back then...

SpursforSix
05-30-2018, 11:41 AM
How did this Patriotic alt right suspected white supremacist get away with taking a shit on our sacred anthem? She even spit on the anthem. Did everyone laugh it off or was there outrage?

There was indeed outrage tbh. I mean she didn’t get fired and blackballed from her career over it, cuz she’s white, but there was definitely some level of outrage at the time.

Yeah...there was tons of outrage. She got hammered pretty hard.
And this was before the internet. So you could really only catch it on the news or ESPN.

Trill Clinton
05-30-2018, 11:46 AM
Yeah...there was tons of outrage. She got hammered pretty hard.
And this was before the internet. So you could really only catch it on the news or ESPN.

Thanks fellas. Im catching up on her history of racist and anti American antics and I'm surprised she has been given so many chances.

SpursforSix
05-30-2018, 11:53 AM
Thanks fellas. Im catching up on her history of racist and anti American antics and I'm surprised she has been given so many chances.

For the most part, anything pre-internet gets overlooked. Those athletes, politicians, musicians, and actors from that era, were lucky.

Spurminator
05-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Evangelicals hated Roseanne during the first wave of her show. Mainly because she said "damn" a lot on TV.

SnakeBoy
05-30-2018, 05:18 PM
ls1YVhcLD2c

Child, she was a bouton's level leftist then.

AaronY
05-30-2018, 05:19 PM
Child, she was a bouton's level leftist then.
Yeah, you could tell because she hardly ever called blacks apes then

Chris
05-30-2018, 05:50 PM
She got buried.

Your troll thread sucks.

Joseph Kony
05-30-2018, 06:25 PM
She got buried.

Your troll thread sucks.
fact that your ilk is up in arms defending her unpatriotic ass screams otherwise tbh...

Othyus Lalanne
05-31-2018, 06:38 AM
fact that your ilk is up in arms defending her unpatriotic ass screams otherwise tbh...

In what way is she unpatriotic?

LaMarcus Bryant
05-31-2018, 12:28 PM
She was pilloried but not punished.

SpursforSix
05-31-2018, 12:55 PM
She was pilloried but not punished.

I had to look that word up.

Avante
05-31-2018, 01:28 PM
The people behing having her sing the song are to blame here. As we all know the anthem is not easy to do, some real talented recording artists have sruggled with it, so why have her even try it?

Joseph Kony
05-31-2018, 01:40 PM
In what way is she unpatriotic?

the anthem retard, read the thread :rolleyes

Othyus Lalanne
05-31-2018, 02:15 PM
the anthem retard, read the thread :rolleyes

You can love a country and not care about the anthem.

Xevious
05-31-2018, 02:53 PM
What about the football players taking a knee? They are unpatriotic in conservatives' eyes.

Joseph Kony
05-31-2018, 06:13 PM

but im sure you're cool with NFL players kneeling during the anthem right?

Othyus Lalanne
06-01-2018, 05:06 AM
but im sure you're cool with NFL players kneeling during the anthem right?

I don't watch the NFL.

What about the football players taking a knee? They are unpatriotic in conservatives' eyes.

In my eyes they can still love the coiuntry.

cd021
06-03-2018, 03:11 AM
For the most part, anything pre-internet gets overlooked. Those athletes, politicians, musicians, and actors from that era, were lucky.

One person that comes to mind is Karl Malone, what a dick.

Knocked up a 13 year old with twins and then denied paternity but later admitted to being the father.

Also has a kid who played in the NFL but said it was to late for them to have a relationship because he wasn't around when he was growing up.

Its like it never happened- the second leading scorer in NBA history knocked up a 13 year old.

cd021
06-03-2018, 03:12 AM
The people behing having her sing the song are to blame here. As we all know the anthem is not easy to do, some real talented recording artists have sruggled with it, so why have her even try it?
Have they? Seems like the untalented ones do.

Avante
06-03-2018, 03:22 AM
Have they? Seems like the untalented ones do.

How many records has Aerosmith sold? Ever hear Tyler try the anthem?

Imagine very successful recording artists....

Tom Waits
Joe Cocker
Bob Dylan
Lucinda Williams
Jack White
John Hammond
Johnny Winter
Leon Russell
Calvin Russell
Ray Wylie Hubbard

....trying the anthem.

Howlin' Wolf singing the National Anthem, hahaha~~~~ Barry White? John Lee Hooker? Muddy Waters?

This cat is a true legend a GIANT in what he does, he is known as....THE KING OF THE MISSISSIPPI DELTA BLUES".....and he is fantastic in that role.
But.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0bdLlGLTqM

No way in hell the cat can deal with the National Anthem.

cd021
06-03-2018, 09:00 AM
How many records has Aerosmith sold? Ever hear Tyler try the anthem?

Imagine very successful recording artists....

Tom Waits
Joe Cocker
Bob Dylan
Lucinda Williams
Jack White
John Hammond
Johnny Winter
Leon Russell
Calvin Russell
Ray Wylie Hubbard

....trying the anthem.

Howlin' Wolf singing the National Anthem, hahaha~~~~ Barry White? John Lee Hooker? Muddy Waters?

This cat is a true legend a GIANT in what he does, he is known as....THE KING OF THE MISSISSIPPI DELTA BLUES".....and he is fantastic in that role.
But.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0bdLlGLTqM

No way in hell the cat can deal with the National Anthem.

But Hendrix, Gaye, and Houston all nailed it.

Just saying...

SpursforSix
06-03-2018, 11:31 AM
One person that comes to mind is Karl Malone, what a dick.

Knocked up a 13 year old with twins and then denied paternity but later admitted to being the father.

Also has a kid who played in the NFL but said it was to late for them to have a relationship because he wasn't around when he was growing up.

Its like it never happened- the second leading scorer in NBA history knocked up a 13 year old.

Lol. That's exactly who I thought of first. Was gonna mention him but then thought of too many others to start listing.

cd021
06-03-2018, 12:03 PM
Lol. That's exactly who I thought of first. Was gonna mention him but then thought of too many others to start listing.

:lolThink he was on TV recently and thought of him when I read your post. Here out'chere on that R Kelly "Age ain't nothing but a number" nonsense.

johnsmith
06-05-2018, 03:16 PM
It was big enough news that I was ten years old and knew all about it....and I didn’t give a fuck about anything other than baseball and football at ten.

DJR210
06-05-2018, 03:38 PM
I'm trying to remember what had more "outrage" back then.. this, or Sinead O'Connor ripping up a picture of Pope John Paul on SNL

phxspurfan
06-05-2018, 04:48 PM
who?

Blake
06-05-2018, 05:25 PM
who?

Lol wow