PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 76

baseline bum
05-30-2018, 12:11 PM
Just announced by Bethesda. I bet it'll be out this year since they never announce games more than a few months out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

baseline bum
05-30-2018, 12:15 PM
All of a sudden E3 just got a hell of a lot more interesting.

baseline bum
05-30-2018, 12:18 PM
Wonder if I'll need a gpu upgrade for this. Probably not since AC Origins runs pretty well on my 970 and this game doesn't look nearly as graphically intense.

Xevious
05-30-2018, 01:17 PM
Would rather have a new Elder Scrolls tbh.

Joseph Kony
05-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Would rather have a new Elder Scrolls tbh.

Reck
05-30-2018, 02:58 PM
yeah what Xevious said.

It still feels like Fallout 4 is new. I dont think they have radically changed the format for this new Fallout game to be unique.

Needs more time in the frying pan, imo.

Joseph Kony
05-30-2018, 06:31 PM
lol is this turns out to be ESO but fallout

baseline bum
05-30-2018, 06:42 PM
lol is this turns out to be ESO but fallout

It's being rumored to have an online component, perhaps some kind of co-op, but it's not supposed to be an MMO.

Xevious
05-31-2018, 07:45 AM
yeah what Xevious said.

It still feels like Fallout 4 is new. I dont think they have radically changed the format for this new Fallout game to be unique.

Needs more time in the frying pan, imo.

Yeah. Fallout 4 came out like two and a half years ago. Skyrim was released in 2011. And iirc Bethesda has said that any ES sequel is still years away as they have several other "major titles" to release first. :shootme

I'm sure they have no plans as a new ES game will probably take players away from ESO.

ElNono
05-31-2018, 06:10 PM
Hope is not some mobile game bullshit

Trainwreck2100
05-31-2018, 06:33 PM
Yeah. Fallout 4 came out like two and a half years ago. Skyrim was released in 2011. And iirc Bethesda has said that any ES sequel is still years away as they have several other "major titles" to release first. :shootme

I'm sure they have no plans as a new ES game will probably take players away from ESO.

from what i've read they wan to build a complete new engine for es6 so that shit probably won't hit till next gen.

IronMexican
05-31-2018, 08:11 PM
Might be time I buy a pro

Chris
06-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Interesting read.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DefHrWOXUAAWNLJ.jpg:large

Chris
11-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Game looks like ass :lol

DJR210
11-04-2018, 04:15 PM
Shit game, even though i know nothing about it

Chris
11-04-2018, 05:59 PM
I've watched enough of the closed beta testing to see it's a watered down Fallout 4.

baseline bum
11-04-2018, 06:11 PM
I've watched enough of the closed beta testing to see it's a watered down Fallout 4.

Only good thing about the Fallout 76 beta was the bug that completely deleted the game from your hard drive the first time you launched it.

Xevious
11-06-2018, 02:44 AM
I hope this shit bombs hard.

IronMexican
11-08-2018, 11:33 AM
Still gonna buy it.

Gonna get a pro, too.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-12-2018, 08:10 AM
What the hell is Bethesda doing if this game sucks?

Leetonidas
11-12-2018, 10:36 AM
What the hell is Bethesda doing if this game sucks?

Doom sequel, wolfenstein sequel, elder scrolls 6, expansions for ESO, etc

baseline bum
11-12-2018, 10:46 AM
Doom sequel, wolfenstein sequel, elder scrolls 6, expansions for ESO, etc

Hey man I remember you said you got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Switch. Was the game any good? I'm thinking of picking it up on Black Friday since a couple of places have it for decent prices.

Leetonidas
11-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Hey man I remember you said you got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Switch. Was the game any good? I'm thinking of picking it up on Black Friday since a couple of places have it for decent prices.

If you like JRPG games and I think you do i think you would like it. I haven't finished it but I'm planning on it but it's defs worth a shot if it's on sale. I'm actually playing Octopath Traveler right now on the switch and it's pretty good thus far nice throw back to 90s RPGs

baseline bum
11-12-2018, 06:58 PM
If you like JRPG games and I think you do i think you would like it. I haven't finished it but I'm planning on it but it's defs worth a shot if it's on sale. I'm actually playing Octopath Traveler right now on the switch and it's pretty good thus far nice throw back to 90s RPGs

Yeah I'm really into JRPG. Aside from Mario Odyssey I bought a Switch for Shin Megami Tensei V and Octopath Traveler, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks really cool too. I really hope to get more Shin Megami Tensei titles and Bravely games too like we got on 3DS.

Chris
11-15-2018, 08:21 PM
_tOnSTUEDE0
d7umrS6owXs

baseline bum
11-15-2018, 08:25 PM
_tOnSTUEDE0
d7umrS6owXs

I bet it still gets at least a 7.7 from those fucks at IGN

Reck
11-16-2018, 02:39 PM
This game is getting shit on so hard. :lol

Supposdly they're using an outdated engine for this game and for Elder Scroll 6 and so on.

baseline bum
11-17-2018, 08:29 AM
What a pos. It's a map four times the size of Fallout 4 but only supporting 24 players? Could you imagine Fallout 4 with six humans?

Joseph Kony
11-17-2018, 12:21 PM
this game looks like an absolute dumpster fire, wtf was bethesda thinking, especially since almost reviews during and after beta have been extremely negative :lol

glad i skipped this one. if it was similar to ESO i might have checked it out because i actually liked ESO but no NPCs in a gigantic online game is so beyond retarded, devs must've been hitting the rock real hard when pitching this

vander
11-18-2018, 07:33 AM
_tOnSTUEDE0

for a while there I thought he was talking about PATFO

Xevious
11-19-2018, 01:16 AM
What a pos. It's a map four times the size of Fallout 4 but only supporting 24 players? Could you imagine Fallout 4 with six humans?
Six humans and no NPCs.

Seriously... I hope Bethesda loses their ass on this game. Maybe that will force them to right the ship somewhat - get away from this online crap. Nobody wanted a game like this, even ESO players. Fallout games by design are already pretty lonely experiences, and then to remove all NPCs and any semblance of a storyline... what's the point of even playing?

LaMarcus Bryant
11-19-2018, 02:06 PM
So Fallout 76 has no NPCs and is essentially like Borderlands now? Dafuq??

Might as well get remastered Skyrim with my new Xbone

spurraider21
11-19-2018, 03:22 PM
from everything i've read, sounds like Fallout 76 is not a Fallout game

Reck
11-19-2018, 10:08 PM
Rofl this game is doomed. Out in the UK and reviews have not been kind.

:lol 2.9

https://i.imgur.com/Bx5WJZE.jpg

Xevious
11-20-2018, 12:27 AM
Everything I've read makes it sound like this shit was rushed out the door in hopes that loyal Fallout fans would blindly buy the game and provide a steady stream of microtransaction revenue. After this and the shitty FO4 dlc, even a new Elder Scrolls title in the coming years is not going to be a for sure purchase from me.

baseline bum
11-20-2018, 12:58 AM
I like this comment I saw on the PS4 reddit :lol

This is the game that nobody asked for. Who has ever played a Fallout game and thought "This is neat and all, but what if they stripped out 99% of the writing and replaced the NPCs with racist 15 year olds."

LaMarcus Bryant
11-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Dang....
Are young online gamers really that bad? Haven't played halo in like 5 years and i always had the talk-audio muted :lol

redzero
11-21-2018, 07:17 AM
For some reason, I didn't like Fallout 4 as much as 3/NV and I didn't like Skyrim as much as Oblivion, but both (or Skyrim, at least) are beloved by gamers. Skyrim came out at the same time as Dark Souls, and the latter was much more entertaining for me.

I'm not a graphics whore, but why do the last two Fallout games look so shitty?

baseline bum
11-21-2018, 01:15 PM
For some reason, I didn't like Fallout 4 as much as 3/NV and I didn't like Skyrim as much as Oblivion, but both (or Skyrim, at least) are beloved by gamers. Skyrim came out at the same time as Dark Souls, and the latter was much more entertaining for me.

No one liked Fallout 4 as much as 3 or New Vegas. I thought Skyrim was a huge improvement over Oblivion though. Not for story but the setting was better IMO and the leveling system was greatly improved.

Xevious
11-21-2018, 02:41 PM
They're using a far outdated engine. And you'd think by now they could improve the FPS mechanics, but it looks as shitty as ever.

baseline bum
11-22-2018, 01:34 AM
Wow this game is such shit IGN gave it a 5.0. Those fuckers give a 7.0 and up to virtually everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIAZReKCosc

Xevious
11-22-2018, 02:58 AM
:lol You can already buy this game for $39.99 and I bet it'll drop even more in the comimg weeks.

ElNono
11-22-2018, 07:17 AM
From the IGN comments section:

There was this guy that went back to Gamestop to return his copy of F76 and Gamestop refused so the dude trashed the store. The video went viral. Idk if you seen it.

Vid here:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamestop-vandalized-because-fallout-76-was-disliked.81641/

:lol

Reck
11-22-2018, 12:36 PM
From the IGN comments section:

There was this guy that went back to Gamestop to return his copy of F76 and Gamestop refused so the dude trashed the store. The video went viral. Idk if you seen it.

Vid here:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamestop-vandalized-because-fallout-76-was-disliked.81641/

:lol

Saw that. Epic.

Also, fuck Gamestop.

Even fucking Best Buy takes your game back as long as you choose another game and spend the same amount on them.

baseline bum
11-23-2018, 07:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyT00Dffqcw

Reck
11-23-2018, 06:35 PM
Bethesda fucked up so badly that it's price has already been dropped down to 40 dollars.

Chris
11-23-2018, 11:19 PM
Will be free on psplus in 6 months or less :lol

Xevious
11-23-2018, 11:23 PM
It's what they should do anyway. Their long-term goal was to microtransaction people to death. At least if it was free, people would be more likely to give it a try and forgive any bugs.

Chris
11-23-2018, 11:29 PM
It's what they should do anyway. Their long-term goal was to microtransaction people to death. At least if it was free, people would be more likely to give it a try and forgive any bugs.

I agree, any aspiring MMO should be free just to build the player base alone. Fortnite pretty much set the blueprint for that. The worst part about all of this is we are probably going to wait longer for Fallout 5.

ElNono
11-23-2018, 11:44 PM
In this business you rarely get more than one shot, tbh... Honestly, the quality of gfx is so subpar, and that adds to the lack of story. It's going to be difficult to turn that turd around.

ElNono
11-23-2018, 11:46 PM
Basically, they have to either re-make the game or just simply make a new Fallout game and try to save the franchise... either option is going to be costly.

baseline bum
11-24-2018, 12:05 AM

Still wouldn't be worth it.

baseline bum
11-24-2018, 12:10 AM
Basically, they have to either re-make the game or just simply make a new Fallout game and try to save the franchise... either option is going to be costly.

It'll be forgiven if they make a Fallout 5 on par with Fallout 3 or better just like the AC series was back in gamers' good graces after Origins. FO76 is a fucking lost cause.

spurraider21
11-26-2018, 02:35 PM
i just don't understand what they were thinking. they've had a slam dunk formula for a long time. even when they transitioned from the turn-based 2D stuff to the open world 3D stuff, they still kept the core of the game, the story, the NPC's, and the karma stuff.

Reck
11-26-2018, 02:41 PM
i just don't understand what they were thinking. they've had a slam dunk formula for a long time. even when they transitioned from the turn-based 2D stuff to the open world 3D stuff, they still kept the core of the game, the story, the NPC's, and the karma stuff.

And that was their problem. The fact that this was an online only game with no plot was just the cherry on top.

As you may have already read. Fallout 4 was passable despite fairly outdated graphics because people had something to play for and the story was solid.

If you dont evolved in this industry, there is so much the fans can take. Shit, even God of War had to re-invent themselves...and it paid off incredibly.

spurraider21
11-26-2018, 02:47 PM
And that was their problem. The fact that this was an online only game with no plot was just the cherry on top.

As you may have already read. Fallout 4 was passable despite fairly outdated graphics because people had something to play for and the story was solid.

If you dont evolved in this industry, there is so much the fans can take. Shit, even God of War had to re-invent themselves...and it paid off incredibly.
the slam dunk formula wasn't the game engine, i'm talking about the core experience of the game... the story-telling, decision-making, exploration, and the NPC's. THAT has always been fallout even though they revamped the game between 2 and 3. if they wanted to revamp it again with a completely different look/engine... fine. but that's not what they did. just looks like a shinier, remastered remake of another fallout game, aesthetically speaking, but they ripped the soul out of the game

baseline bum
11-26-2018, 02:56 PM

They were thinking we can hound a huge playerbase with microtransactions.

Reck
11-26-2018, 03:07 PM

One shiny spot with Bethesda is that they're not blizzard. :lol

:lmao that shitty Diablo mobile game they're trying to sell to hardcore PC gamers. :lmao cucks

Chris
11-26-2018, 06:24 PM

I've read that they were thinking of implementing this kind of stuff in to Fallout 5 and this was a test run. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Chris
11-26-2018, 06:25 PM

Also this.

ElNono
11-26-2018, 09:07 PM

They thought they could just sell on the brand, tbh... honestly, everybody expected Fallout 3 to drop a bit on storytelling, which it did, but at least it wasn't terrible and they made the transition to 3D with a lot of stuff intact, like SPECIAL, etc. New Vegas was probably the best story-wise on that series.

Fallout 4 was expected to improve both on story telling and graphics (especially after Skyrim), but did neither tbh... instead they came up with this build system that nobody asked for and probably took a lot of time to put together. It's like they wanted to do Fallout Minecraft. Stupid, and IMO, that's where it really went to shit. At least that one still kept some story-telling and you could still digest it.

Fallout 76 basically is what happens when you keep building in the wrong direction. They expanded the build system, made it online only (full transition to Minecraft), didn't improve the graphics, and completely removed any kind of compelling storytelling. It just isn't the core of Fallout anymore.

You could've done an online version of Fallout modeled around the random encounters in Fallout 2, if they really wanted an online-only experience, but at the core, Fallout is a heavy story driven game with a "Choose your own Adventure" style of multiple decision/endings. That's what make the originals special. These guys missed the mark on that, and honestly, Fallout always has been a kind of fan/niche market, so when you screw up, you're going to screw up big.

They really need to go back to the drawing board, and like somebody else mentioned, see what Ubisoft did with Assassin's Creed to rebuild it around some base core concepts, like good stories and missions, some easter eggs of old forgotten places, bring back some NPCs from the older games, and upgrade the fucking engine. Even if you don't like AC-style games, they're just visually gorgeous.

Xevious
11-27-2018, 01:24 AM
Bethesda has said that they are sticking with the same engine (same they've used since Morrowind) for ES6 as well. So expect that to be a buggy mess also. But at least if they go back to strong storytelling, that will at least make it playable.

ElNono
11-27-2018, 03:14 AM
Bethesda has said that they are sticking with the same engine (same they've used since Morrowind) for ES6 as well. So expect that to be a buggy mess also. But at least if they go back to strong storytelling, that will at least make it playable.

Sorry, but that engine looks like shit for today's standards.

baseline bum
11-27-2018, 07:45 AM
Sorry, but that engine looks like shit for today's standards.

Imagine how shit it's going to look in four years when ES6 could be releasing.

Reck
11-27-2018, 11:05 AM
Yeah I dont think good story telling is a good enough reason to play 2005 graphics.

Reck
11-27-2018, 02:45 PM
Now potentially being investigated for not refunding customers their money back. :lol

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/bethesda-under-investigation-fallout-76-refunds-1203037296/

Reck
11-27-2018, 02:53 PM
:lmao Also retards still pre ordering games when nearly half of them come broken on day 1. I hope they dont get their money back.

Xevious
11-27-2018, 05:01 PM
:lmao Also retards still pre ordering games when nearly half of them come broken on day 1. I hope they dont get their money back.
This. Long gone are the days where you had to drive around town looking for a place that had a certain game in stock. There is absolutely no reason to preorder a game anymore except to get some free cosmetic shit download for it.

Xevious
11-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Yeah I dont think good story telling is a good enough reason to play 2005 graphics.
Even though FO4 and 76 look like shit graphically, I don't think that's the biggest problem with their engine. They can update it and patch shit together to look better, but there are other severe documented technical limitations which are the source of their signature bugs/glitches and will only continue to get worse as technology advances.

Bethesda is doubling down on their assumption that their hardcore fanbase will continue to show up and the mod community will fix their games.

leemajors
11-28-2018, 01:25 PM
Quake Champions is a mess, but at least it looks nice. Did Bethesda contract out a lot of this too like they did with QC and the new Rage?

TimDunkem
11-28-2018, 01:52 PM
Yikes. And something tells me that they won't learn from this because there will always be a large base of people who will buy anything they shit out.

redzero
11-29-2018, 02:01 AM
Does anybody know about this worldwide canvas shortage that Bethesda keeps talking about?

Yikes. And something tells me that they won't learn from this because there will always be a large base of people who will buy anything they shit out.

They are losing a lot of goodwill with the customers AND they have zero interest in changing that buggy piece of shit engine that they made 10 years ago. It truly is impressive how Bethesda can churn out games with graphics that would have been considered outdated 5 years ago.

ElNono
11-29-2018, 05:13 AM
Does anybody know about this worldwide canvas shortage that Bethesda keeps talking about?

$200 Fallout 76 Edition Promised Fancy Bag, Delivers Nylon Trash Instead

https://kotaku.com/200-fallout-76-edition-promised-fancy-bag-delivers-ny-1830724582

ElNono
11-29-2018, 05:14 AM
https://i.redd.it/yxq49gvig3121.jpg

baseline bum
11-29-2018, 08:00 AM
Wow Bethesda is giving out $5 in ingame currency to make up for sending everyone who paid $200 for that special edition a fucking trash bag? :lmao

What a fucking worthless company. I hope everyone who bought that joins into a big class action lawsuit.

leemajors
11-29-2018, 10:35 AM
$200 Fallout 76 Edition Promised Fancy Bag, Delivers Nylon Trash Instead

https://kotaku.com/200-fallout-76-edition-promised-fancy-bag-delivers-ny-1830724582

They have all sorts of issues with their merch store online, products shown on site are wildly different than what is received.

redzero
11-29-2018, 10:59 AM
Wow Bethesda is giving out $5 in ingame currency to make up for sending everyone who paid $200 for that special edition a fucking trash bag? :lmao

It probably costs $5 to make a decent quality canvas bag. :spin

https://i.redd.it/yxq49gvig3121.jpg

The best part is Bethesda distancing themselves by saying that the guy who wrote that response doesn't really work for them and doesn't express their views, then turning around and saying the exact same fucking thing he said.

Guy: Bethesda won't be giving you the bag you paid for because canvas is too expensive to make. And no, you won't get your money back.
Bethesda: Sorry, that guy doesn't represent us. You didn't get what you paid for because canvas is too hard to find. And no, you still won't get your money back.

Reck
11-29-2018, 11:15 AM
Somehow, some way Bethesda found a way to out scumify EA. Bravo

baseline bum
11-29-2018, 11:59 AM
It probably costs $5 to make a decent quality canvas bag. :spin

The 500 atoms isn't even enough to buy the virtual version of the canvas bag in the game.

spurraider21
11-29-2018, 02:32 PM
christ, these guys are imploding :lol

SpursforSix
11-29-2018, 02:52 PM
Maybe I'm missing something. What are you supposed to do with the helmet?

SpursforSix
11-29-2018, 02:53 PM
Maybe I'm missing something. What are you supposed to do with the helmet?

Bend over I'll fucking show you what to do with the helmet.

But for real...does it interact with the game or something? Or is it just something that's cool to have.

baseline bum
11-29-2018, 03:36 PM
christ, these guys are imploding :lol

I was hoping for a complete trainwreck when Todd Howard announced this pos at E3, but I would have never believed they would have put out something so shitty that IGN gave them a 5/10.

Xevious
11-29-2018, 05:49 PM
Bend over I'll fucking show you what to do with the helmet.

But for real...does it interact with the game or something? Or is it just something that's cool to have.
It's just a shitty plastic helmet for nerds.

SpursforSix
11-29-2018, 07:33 PM
It's just a shitty plastic helmet for nerds.

Oh. So if I understand everything, they now have to carry around their plastic helmet in a plastic bag?
I guess that sucks. What a weird problem to have.

11-29-2018, 08:36 PM
Oh. So if I understand everything, they now have to carry around their plastic helmet in a plastic bag?
I guess that sucks. What a weird problem to have.
Their real problem is being big enough losers to even buy this trash in the first place tbh

Xevious
11-29-2018, 08:53 PM
Their real problem is being big enough losers to even buy this trash in the first place tbh
:lol $200

SpursforSix
11-29-2018, 09:53 PM

I’d love to see this go to court. Obviously, they got screwed but it’d be funny watching some old judge trying to wrap his head around it and chastise everyone for taking up all the time with this bullshit.

Joseph Kony
11-30-2018, 12:16 AM
whats pretty funny is scrolling the comment section of triggered nerds REEE'ing trying to defend this piece of shit when in reality they got swindled out of $60+ and are trying to justify it :lol

Chris
11-30-2018, 03:39 PM
SjrDbSgB9IU

Hilarious :lol

ElNono
11-30-2018, 08:46 PM
oh man, that sweet little lies track gonna get a lot of run in all these vids... it's hilarious...

Xevious
12-06-2018, 08:08 AM
:lol Bethesda. This company is in a free fall.

https://www-eurogamer-net.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-12-06-bethesda-has-leaked-fallout-76-customer-names-addresses-contact-details?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurogamer.net%2Farticle s%2F2018-12-06-bethesda-has-leaked-fallout-76-customer-names-addresses-contact-details

SpursforSix
12-06-2018, 04:10 PM
:lol Bethesda. This company is in a free fall.

https://www-eurogamer-net.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-12-06-bethesda-has-leaked-fallout-76-customer-names-addresses-contact-details?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurogamer.net%2Farticle s%2F2018-12-06-bethesda-has-leaked-fallout-76-customer-names-addresses-contact-details

That'll teach everyone not to bitch about their plastic helmet and baggie.

spurraider21
12-06-2018, 04:18 PM
i mean i'm glad they're getting a kick in the nuts so they can get back to the drawing board... i just wana make sure they fuckin stay afloat so we can actually get good games from them in the future

baseline bum
12-06-2018, 04:20 PM
i mean i'm glad they're getting a kick in the nuts so they can get back to the drawing board... i just wana make sure they fuckin stay afloat so we can actually get good games from them in the future

And still on the Morrowind engine

spurraider21
12-06-2018, 05:09 PM
i wouldn't care. as long as it plays like fallout 3/nv/4 (i haven't played 4 yet, but have heard its as good as 3/NV) i'll play another one

LaMarcus Bryant
12-06-2018, 05:12 PM
wow what a total shit show :lol

redzero
12-07-2018, 04:09 PM

You want another buggy piece of shit with ancient graphics and an engine that can barely support it?

Chris
12-10-2018, 12:09 AM
8WREidENJ8w

Well edited and hilarious :lol

baseline bum
12-10-2018, 01:11 AM
These videos focus way too much on bugs, which aren't the big problem with Fallout 76. I remember Oblivion had a lot of really nasty bugs too but that game was incredible. The main problem with Fallout 76 is it's a completely soul-less game that removed every interesting thing in Fallout and replaced it with a bland survival game designed to bleed players dry through microtranscations. Bugs can always get fixed but nothing can fix the game itself. Bethesda should have just canceled it before release and said "Sorry, game sucks and we don't want to sell games that are crap." I know it cost them a lot of money to make but releasing it cost them their reputation and they'll probably still lose a lot of money on it anyways. Now they're stuck supporting it for years and there will be another huge backlash when they finally do pull the plug on this clusterfuck.

ElNono
12-10-2018, 04:04 AM
These videos focus way too much on bugs, which aren't the big problem with Fallout 76. I remember Oblivion had a lot of really nasty bugs too but that game was incredible. The main problem with Fallout 76 is it's a completely soul-less game that removed every interesting thing in Fallout and replaced it with a bland survival game designed to bleed players dry through microtranscations. Bugs can always get fixed but nothing can fix the game itself. Bethesda should have just canceled it before release and said "Sorry, game sucks and we don't want to sell games that are crap." I know it cost them a lot of money to make but releasing it cost them their reputation and they'll probably still lose a lot of money on it anyways. Now they're stuck supporting it for years and there will be another huge backlash when they finally do pull the plug on this clusterfuck.

That public beta looks like a completely bad idea right now for a number of reasons:

1) They let the world know before actual mass release that the game was crap.

2) It pretty much meant that if the game didn't deliver, they were screwing over their most hardcore fans.

3) Once they realized the game was dogshit without a story, they couldn't roll it back, delay it for a year and write some compelling story mode to include with the game.

4) If they thought they were going to save any money in QA, or get solid QA feedback from the public, they clearly missed the mark.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Looks like they'll write a book on the Rise and Fall of Bethesda at this rate. Amazing to be so cutting edge and in such a relatively short time piss it all away.

baseline bum
12-18-2018, 08:47 AM
Now this pos has lootboxes.

baseline bum
12-24-2018, 01:00 PM
Holy fuck everything associated with this game is a shit show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZjuW9LDVeU

baseline bum
01-03-2019, 10:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58VJOc-xgV8

baseline bum
01-24-2019, 08:03 PM
LMAO at the new $276 Fallout 76 jacket Bethesda is selling

spurraider21
01-24-2019, 08:25 PM
i cant believe these greedy fucks arent just cutting their losses smh...

if they just offered a mea culpa and busted their ass to make an actual fallout game, the base would fall back in line. but they keep doubling down on stupid over this failure