PDA

View Full Version : Fight at Club Rive.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 12:11 PM
10 People Arrested in Downtown Brawl
LAST UPDATE: 10/21/2005 10:10:54 AM
Posted By: Laura Berryhill

Ten people were arrested Friday morning after a bar fight spilled out onto the street.

The brawl happened just before 2:00 a.m. at Club Rive near College and Navarro, downtown.

It's not clear what started the fight, but one woman may have suffered a broken arm.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=0E36A61C-D9B4-4D83-9BE9-AAAA522F07B0

Never liked that club anyway....
I prefer a good bar.
:drunk

batman2883
10-21-2005, 12:13 PM
hell no Club Rive is the damn shit....better than any other club in SA

tlongII
10-21-2005, 12:13 PM
I thought violence didn't exist in San Antonio?

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Interesting story but there are fights at clubs and
bars happen all the time. We got caught in the
middle of one on Sunday night at Joes.:rolleyes

batman2883
10-21-2005, 12:15 PM
HA HA HA HA its true, fights break out like almost on a nightly basis at bars, people get drunk and especially if it gets packed you and accidently step on a shoe or bump someone drunk people talk shit...causing themselves to get their asses whooped

Mixability
10-21-2005, 12:28 PM
hell no Club Rive is the damn shit....better than any other club in SA

:td

dancefloors are too damn small, too many tourists, etc.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 12:32 PM
damn but the music, the women and besides i always get VIP there so i get my own little area in the glass room

Mixability
10-21-2005, 12:36 PM
damn but the music, the women and besides i always get VIP there so i get my own little area in the glass room

the dj sucks too by the way, every weekend it's the same shit, exact same order too! maybe its because I'm a dj too that I pay attention to that stuff. Also, real DJs don't use CDs, especially already mixed ones. :pctoss

As for the women, I work for an eye doctor if you need an exam. :nerd

Anyone can get VIP, by the way, you just have to know the right people. :king

batman2883
10-21-2005, 12:37 PM
No you have to pay for that shit, its not just knowing the right people, and as for the women you must be on crack if you dont think the girls that go there are freaking hot, i make sure my beer goggles arent on before i start picking the ones i spend my time with, as for the music, the music is always the same at every damn club and bar, regardless to where you go.... and i know most of the dj's now days have their stuff hooked up to computers and work it off of that

Gatita
10-21-2005, 12:38 PM
In all honestly I haven't been in a bar or a club in which I have seen a fight. :tu

CharlieMac
10-21-2005, 12:39 PM
That place is a dump.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Okay if you guys really consider Rive a dump what do you consider a good club in SA then?

MannyIsGod
10-21-2005, 12:41 PM
SA clubs suck. SA bars pretty much suck. Actually, clubs suck. Bars suck too.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Okay if you guys really consider Rive a dump what do you consider a good club in SA then?

I have only been to only one club in SA since I have moved here and it was Arjon's. It was an older crowd, live music, and I liked it. :tu

ShoogarBear
10-21-2005, 12:43 PM
In all honestly I haven't been in a bar or a club in which I have seen a fight. :tu

Too drunk, eh?

Mixability
10-21-2005, 12:43 PM
No you have to pay for that shit, its not just knowing the right people, and as for the women you must be on crack if you dont think the girls that go there are freaking hot, i make sure my beer goggles arent on before i start picking the ones i spend my time with, as for the music, the music is always the same at every damn club and bar, regardless to where you go.... and i know most of the dj's now days have their stuff hooked up to computers and work it off of that

You've had to pay for that shitty room?!!? Damn, sucks for you.

The same women every weekend gets pretty old fast. Big turnoff when you see them hooking up with a different guy every night, but if you like sluts, to each his own! :lol

I know the music is the same at most clubs, but I'd like the DJ to change up the order at least. The last straw for me was when I was able to say the next 5 songs that were gonna be played. I was even able to predict when he was going to "scratch" over the track. (can you scratch on CDs?!)

Most good DJs dont use CDs, they stay true to the artform by using only vinyl. I was upset most by the fact that the DJ was able to take a bathroom break during a 5 song mix! :wtf

batman2883
10-21-2005, 12:44 PM
arjons is old people....clubs in sa do suck but Rive is the best one....out of all of them....

Graham= either people too old or too damn tejano
Arjons=old people
aruba=too small
antro=pretty good on thursday's thats it
rive=good

Mixability
10-21-2005, 12:44 PM

Good club and SA should never be in the same sentence. If you think Rive is such a great club, you need to get out more.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 12:45 PM
arjons is old people....clubs in sa do suck but Rive is the best one....out of all of them....

Arjons=old people
aruba=too small
rive=good

I'm guessing you liked Kabooms when you were younger, huh? :lol

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 12:45 PM
SA clubs suck. SA bars pretty much suck. Actually, clubs suck. Bars suck too.paraphrased
Bars and clubs in SA SUCK.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Too drunk, eh?

Nope. Just haven't seen a fight in a bar or club. Period.

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Graham-good variety of music.
Joes Volcano has actually been in business the longest
so they must be doing something right.
Rive-I dont go there often enough
Antro-didnt like too much

Gatita
10-21-2005, 12:50 PM

Arjons=old people
aruba=too small
rive=good

Sorry, bat but when I go out with my boyfriend we are not interested in what others are doing, i.e. checking out the hoochies or fucking vatos. We go out for our enjoyment. And when a club has an older crowd it makes us want to go there even more. That way we avoid the stupid, younger kids such as yourself who are trying too damn hard to impress everyone around them.

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm guessing you liked Kabooms when you were younger, huh? :lol:lmao
When I was younger it was Stage or Club Spice
that were the places to go.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Graham-good variety of music.
Joes Volcano has actually been in business the longest
so they must be doing something right.
Rive-I dont go there often enough
Antro-didnt like too much

We have a Graham's back home. Another place I enjoyed due to the variety of music. :tu

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 12:53 PM
We have a Graham's back home. Another place I enjoyed due to the variety of music. :tuThat (San Antonio Graham) is were I met my wife, she use to work there. I guess you are talking about the one in the valley. I think it is actually bigger than the one here. I have only seen it from the outside though.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 12:55 PM
That way we avoid the stupid, younger kids such as yourself who are trying too damn hard to impress everyone around them.

:tu
I especially hate when guys get pissed when my gf tells them that she's with me, like she has to wear a F'n sign around her neck!

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Sorry, bat but when I go out with my boyfriend we are not interested in what others are doing, i.e. checking out the hoochies or fucking vatos. We go out for our enjoyment. And when a club has an older crowd it makes us want to go there even more. That way we avoid the stupid, younger kids such as yourself who are trying too damn hard to impress everyone around them.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 12:57 PM
I especially hate when guys get pissed when my gf tells them that she's with me, like she has to wear a F'n sign around her neck!

Some people don't understand the word "respect". Especially, when a couple are together.

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Good club and SA should never be in the same sentence. If you think Rive is such a great club, you need to get out more.

I used to think the clubs in SA were fun ... until I went to Vegas. I don't think I've been to one here since. :fro

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 12:58 PM
I especially hate when guys get pissed when my gf tells them that she's with me, like she has to wear a F'n sign around her neck!No shit, if I step away from my wife for a few minutes someone
comes up to her, like they didnt see me there before.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Some people don't understand the word "respect". Especially, when a couple are together.

Especially when a guy sees me and my girl walk in together, holding hands, but then he waits until i go to the bathroom or to get a drink for her and asks her for her number. I then politely reiterate that shes with me and then he gets in my face. Sure, like thats gonna make her dump me and go with you! :rolleyes

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:00 PM
No shit, if I step away from my wife for a few minutes someone
comes up to her, like they didnt see me there before.

damn posted mine too late...

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:01 PM
I used to think the clubs in SA were fun ... until I went to Vegas. I don't think I've been to one here since. :fro

It is just like anything else. It loses its appeal and gets old. I haven't been out much yet, except to a couple of bars which I have already adopted as my hang out spots (La Tuna & Bar America). But, I wouldn't mind trying more clubs in SA. Only if I had the time. :depressed

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Especially when a guy sees me and my girl walk in together, holding hands, but then he waits until i go to the bathroom or to get a drink for her and asks her for her number. I then politely reiterate that shes with me and then he gets in my face. Sure, like thats gonna make her dump me and go with you! :rolleyes

I swear some men can be such douche bags! :lol

tlongII
10-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I went to Champions at the Marriott in SA about 11 years ago. Does that count?

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I've lived here almost 34 years and I've never been to Champions. You're a pimp. :smokin

:lol

Notorious H.O.P.
10-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions obviously and what is trash to some is treasure to others.

That being said, I think Club Rive is rank. They play some good tunes but as Danyo said, very predictable. You almost get the opinion that the DJ has mixed the music at home and then goes through the motions in the club with the occasional working in of another song or two.

But to complete the club experience, you also need a good crowd and for the most part, the crowd at Rive is a rough one, evidenced by the fight that happened there. Of course, anywhere you get a bunch of drunk people together, there is a chance of something happening but it happens more at some places than others.

The reason why I've gone there in the past is because I'm meeting friends there and Rive has good drink specials (another critical component in elevating a club from good to great) which, being in the downtown area, is their saving grace. And it should be known that I'm basing my opinion on three visits, two of which I spend time in what passes for a VIP room there.

But as we all know, the SA scene is pretty lame. That's why I go to Austin and Dallas pretty often. Plan some good daytime items and hit multiple clubs at night. Its also part of the reason I go to Vegas/Cancun/New Orleans 4 or 5 times a year.

But maybe I should stop traveling. New Orleans got hit by two hurricanes, Cancun is getting hit with one now and Vegas is experiencing massive flooding for record breaking rainfall they've had over the past couple of days.

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Its also part of the reason I go to Vegas/Cancun/New Orleans 4 or 5 times a year.

The clubs in Cancun are outrageous, too ... but the crowds were a little young for my taste. I dug the buy-a-$20-wristband-and-drink-all-night-deals, though ... made the teenagers more tolerable. :drunk :lol

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:19 PM
La Tuna

good atmosphere, and close to First Friday!

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions obviously and what is trash to some is treasure to others.

That being said, I think Club Rive is rank. They play some good tunes but as Danyo said, very predictable. You almost get the opinion that the DJ has mixed the music at home and then goes through the motions in the club with the occasional working in of another song or two.

But to complete the club experience, you also need a good crowd and for the most part, the crowd at Rive is a rough one, evidenced by the fight that happened there. Of course, anywhere you get a bunch of drunk people together, there is a chance of something happening but it happens more at some places than others.

The reason why I've gone there in the past is because I'm meeting friends there and Rive has good drink specials (another critical component in elevating a club from good to great) which, being in the downtown area, is their saving grace. And it should be known that I'm basing my opinion on three visits, two of which I spend time in what passes for a VIP room there.

But as we all know, the SA scene is pretty lame. That's why I go to Austin and Dallas pretty often. Plan some good daytime items and hit multiple clubs at night. Its also part of the reason I go to Vegas/Cancun/New Orleans 4 or 5 times a year.

But maybe I should stop traveling. New Orleans got hit by two hurricanes, Cancun is getting hit with one now and Vegas is experiencing massive flooding for record breaking rainfall they've had over the past couple of days.

I used to go once a month to Dallas for the weekend. My favorite clubs were Bar Dallas, Clubs 2001 & 2009, and all time fave was Club Babalu. :tu

Notorious H.O.P.
10-21-2005, 01:22 PM
La Tuna

good atmosphere, and close to First Friday!

Excellent starting point for First Friday but not a bad place to drink a beer on a cool, lazy Sunday afternoon either.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:23 PM
The clubs in Cancun are outrageous, too ... but the crowds were a little young for my taste. I dug the buy-a-$20-wristband-and-drink-all-night-deals, though ... made the teenagers more tolerable. :drunk :lol

:lol Growing up in the valley we had Reynosa just 15 minutes away. Depending on what club you went to, you would pay $5-$10 to get in and all you can drink all night. :spin

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Excellent starting point for First Friday but not a bad place to drink a beer on a cool, lazy Sunday afternoon either.

the foods good there too!

Notorious H.O.P.
10-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I used to go once a month to Dallas for the weekend. My favorite clubs were Bar Dallas, Clubs 2001 & 2009, and all time fave was Club Babalu. :tu

I try to mix it up alot when I go. It depends what I'm in the mood for. Sometimes its the dress up for martinis type of trip, other times, all night dancing, some times the live music scene. But when I just want to drink beer and plenty of it, I usually head to Lower Greenville. Deep Ellum seemed to get a little old after a while but maybe it is time for a revisit.

valluco
10-21-2005, 01:27 PM
:lol Growing up in the valley we had Reynosa just 15 minutes away. Depending on what club you went to, you would pay $5-$10 to get in and all you can drink all night. :spin
Remember the Alaskan in Reynosa?

MannyIsGod
10-21-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm just over it. And thats not a knock on anyone who isn't, but I've been there and done that and its just old for me. I've done the whole drink all night, sleep 2 hours, and go to work thing and its just not want I enjoy doing anymore.

I'd much rather go out to something like First Friday or hang out with friends grilling on the weekend or watching a game with them. Much more lowkey.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2005, 01:29 PM
I've never hit up La Tuna on FF. I'll have to check it out.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Remember the Alaskan in Reynosa?

Holyshit! DO I EVER!!! We had our senior skip day there! :lol

valluco
10-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Are you from Edinburg, Gatita?

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Are you from Edinburg, Gatita?

Yes.

Vashner
10-21-2005, 01:34 PM
lol Joes Volcano...

The parking lot is always full of dried puke the day after haha..

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:35 PM
I try to mix it up alot when I go. It depends what I'm in the mood for. Sometimes its the dress up for martinis type of trip, other times, all night dancing, some times the live music scene. But when I just want to drink beer and plenty of it, I usually head to Lower Greenville. Deep Ellum seemed to get a little old after a while but maybe it is time for a revisit.

There was this one club I went to only once, Area 51. That was some crazy shit! :lol

valluco
10-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes.
I knew it. Call it a gut feeling but I think we know eachother. I'm from RGC.

Vashner
10-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Rockwave haha.. anyone remember that place ?

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:37 PM
I'd much rather go out to something like First Friday or hang out with friends grilling on the weekend or watching a game with them. Much more lowkey.

I definitely agree! Why go out and pay ridiculous amounts for alcohol to listen to crappy music and have to deal with idiots. Having a midnight bbq, a few cases of bud and the CD changer blaring out your fav. CDs while you're surrounded by friends and family is a much better night!

Notorious H.O.P.
10-21-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm just over it. And thats not a knock on anyone who isn't, but I've been there and done that and its just old for me. I've done the whole drink all night, sleep 2 hours, and go to work thing and its just not want I enjoy doing anymore.

I hear you there Manny. During times past, I would go out to clubs 3 or 4 times a week. These days, instead of the automatic "Its Saturday, let's club", I have to be in the mood for it. I'm doing the live music scene more often than the bars (planning on going to listen to some blues at Rolling Oaks golf club this weekend) but I'll still club on occasion. On some Saturdays, I'll just brew beer and grill and that pretty much means a night in instead of out. And a night at home with pizza and a movie sounds increasingly good to me too.

The trip to Rolling Oaks is my first but I'm always looking for quality live music venues. Right now, the flavor of the month is blues, blues rock and jazz. If any of you have venue suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Even when we go out, I'd rather go out with a group of friends.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:40 PM
surrounded by friends and family

I'll forego that. Me, my viejo, and an ice chest full of Bud Select.....that is all. :tu

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Even when we go out, I'd rather go out with a group of friends.

Me too, I'd rather be surrounded by my idiot friends than just idiots in general! :lol

batman2883
10-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Hell no i go out all the damn time, i mostly spend my time at Jack Rabbits and Picassos though...but when i do feel like hitting a club its going to be rive....why would i want to spend time with a bunch of ghetto mofo's at such places as grahams or joe's volcano or Noche Caliente.....Rive is a good club and if you dont think so your probably what like 35....and by the way where do you DJ at??? Please dont tell me your a dj for hire cause then really you should get a real job

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Bud Select.....that is all. :tu

high maintenance! :lol

MannyIsGod
10-21-2005, 01:42 PM
That place on San Pedro is supposed be great for live Jazz. The name escapes me but when I remember it I'll post it.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Hell no i go out all the damn time, i mostly spend my time at Jack Rabbits and Picassos though...but when i do feel like hitting a club its going to be rive....why would i want to spend time with a bunch of ghetto mofo's at such places as grahams or joe's volcano or Noche Caliente.....Rive is a good club and if you dont think so your probably what like 35....and by the way where do you DJ at??? Please dont tell me your a dj for hire cause then really you should get a real job

Funny that you call said people ghetto, when in fact your ghetto yourself! :lol

BTW, I am 26, if that makes me old then you must be what? 13. :rolleyes

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:44 PM
high maintenance! :lol

I gave up drinking liquor.

Notorious H.O.P.
That place on San Pedro is supposed be great for live Jazz. The name escapes me but when I remember it I'll post it.

You're talking about Luna Fine Music Club. Great place to listen to music.

Sometimes I'll also hit Salute on N St Marys when I'm looking to slum it a bit as well.

Mixability
Rive is a good club and if you dont think so your probably what like 35....and by the way where do you DJ at??? Please dont tell me your a dj for hire cause then really you should get a real job

actually you're a decade off, I'm 25. I've DJ'd mostly raves in my younger days, I couldn't stand DJing in a club like Rive, since I'd get tired of the crowd and music on the first night. And just for future reference, Bat, I do have a real job, I'm in charge of HR/Medical Records/AP at a doctors office. Is that real enough for you?

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 01:45 PM

That was the one and only time I've been to a male strip show and I decided then and there that I didn't like them ... my friends took me there on my 19th birthday.

:oops :lol

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:45 PM

bad experience?

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:47 PM
bad experience?

Nah! It tasted too good and get me too drunk.

I have school now Monday thru Saturday.

I can't afford the hangovers anymore. :lol

batman2883
10-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Gattita yes im 13 with a fake id thats how i get into all the clubs and bars in San Antonio, and oh yeah im really ghetto im the ghetto

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 01:49 PM
I'll forego that. Me, my viejo, and an ice chest full of Bud Select.....that is all. :tu A Bud Select sounds good.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 01:49 PM
actually you're a decade off, I'm 25. I've DJ'd mostly raves in my younger days, I couldn't stand DJing in a club like Rive, since I'd get tired of the crowd and music on the first night. And just for future reference, Bat, I do have a real job, I'm in charge of HR/Medical Records/AP at a doctors office. Is that real enough for you?

Not quite

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Gattita yes im 13 with a fake id thats how i get into all the clubs and bars in San Antonio, and oh yeah im really ghetto im the ghetto

i think bat is the type of guy that makes all of us NOT want to go to the club! :lol

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Not quite
:rolleyes

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM

The fact that you stated that you have coca cola as your theme in your kitchen and corona as the theme in your livingroom suggests the latter to be true.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Either way everybody has their own taste in club selection but i do agree that the club/bar scene in sa is crap....i cant wait to move up to austin.....

MannyIsGod
10-21-2005, 01:52 PM
:lol I'm 25 too.

Maybe thats just around the time it gets old? I don't know. I had my good times at clubs and have plenty of stories, but its pretty much done for me.

Gatita
A Bud Select sounds good.

I'll be sipping on one of those babies at La Tuna, 4:45pm sharp! :lol

MannyIsGod
Keep up the good fight, Bat.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2005, 01:53 PM
You're talking about Luna Fine Music Club. Great place to listen to music.

Sometimes I'll also hit Salute on N St Marys when I'm looking to slum it a bit as well.
Thats it!

I've been meaning to go there, and I haven't in a while.

Vashner
10-21-2005, 01:53 PM
One time I pushed a lime into my corona and when I took my finger out a huge stream of foam flew across the room and hit some guy in the face hahah. (insert fight scene)...

batman2883
10-21-2005, 01:54 PM
The fact that you stated that you have coca cola as your theme in your kitchen and corona as the theme in your livingroom suggests the latter to be true.

Thats the most stupid comment i have heard in a long time if you think just cause coke is my kitchen theme and corona is my bar theme im ghetto ha ha ha ha, that shit is funny but whatever you fancy....

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:54 PM

Maybe thats just around the time it gets old? I don't know. I had my good times at clubs and have plenty of stories, but its pretty much done for me.

Maybe, but I have quite a few older co-workers (mid 30s) that still try to go clubbing! :wtf

I've been tired of the sluts, overpriced drinks and crappy music ever since I first walked into a club! :lol

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Thats the most stupid comment i have heard in a long time if you think just cause coke is my kitchen theme and corona is my bar theme im ghetto ha ha ha ha, that shit is funny but whatever you fancy....

To each their own I suppose.

Vashner
10-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Chain smokin sluts' and the smell of rotten beer / garbage sludge... ah clubbing...

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:56 PM

the fact that you "theme" your house makes me question your sexual orientation! :lol

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Maybe, but I have quite a few older co-workers (mid 30s) that still try to go clubbing! :wtf

I've been tired of the sluts, overpriced drinks and crappy music ever since I first walked into a club! :lol

Hey now, my viejo is 32 and he likes to go dancing with me.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Chain smokin sluts' and the smell of rotten beer / garbage sludge... ah clubbing...

Don't you miss it! :lol

batman2883
10-21-2005, 01:57 PM

shit we have a few mid life crisis people here too that are like 40 and are still like hey mark where you going this weekend we want to come too and im like uh...you old people stick to bogee's or something...but i do think the drinks are fucking ridiculous these days. I just like to go clubbing to dance and have fun.....but most of the clubs here suck ass...rive to me is the only one worth while

Mixability
10-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Hey now, my viejo is 32 and he likes to go dancing with me.

yeah, but he has you! my coworkers go to pick up women! :lol

Gatita
10-21-2005, 01:59 PM
yeah, but he has you! my coworkers go to pick up women! :lol

Touche! :lol

Mixability
10-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Do people seriously think they're gonna meet someone worthwhile at a club? :shootme

MannyIsGod
10-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Someone worth a while in bed. :lol

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Do people seriously think they're gonna meet someone worthwhile at a club? :shootme

If worthwhile means getting laid, then the answer is yes.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 02:02 PM
If worthwhile means getting laid, then the answer is yes.

:vomit

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Im 28 and I still go. Everyone has a different view of
a good time. Doesnt get old for me and my wife.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:03 PM
:vomit

Beggers can't be choosers.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Im 28 and I still go. Everyone has a different view of
a good time. Doesnt get old for me and my wife.

:king :princess

:makeout

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Do people seriously think they're gonna meet someone worthwhile at a club? :shootmeI met my wife at one, she use to work there. :makemyday

batman2883
10-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Butta thats cool you go with your wife, but what they are discussing is people like shallow hal,

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:06 PM
I met my wife at one, she use to work there. :makemyday

She worked there, not partied there. There is a difference, is there not?

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 02:06 PM

That's exactly when it got old for me, too. It was either the age, or having to hassle with babysitters and having a hangover trying to deal with toddlers that sucked a lot of the fun out of it, too. :lol

Mixability
10-21-2005, 02:07 PM
I met my wife at one, she use to work there. :makemyday

No offense intended, but she definitely an exception!

Mixability
10-21-2005, 02:07 PM
She worked there, not partied there. There is a difference, is there not?

exactly!

Kori Ellis
10-21-2005, 02:08 PM
LJ and I still like going to clubs, but it's hard to find a good one here. I loved Atrium even though most you guys thought it was too "ghetto". But I can have fun in almost any club as like as it's not techno or country.

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 02:08 PM
No offense intended, but she definitely an exception!She is the reason I frequent the place, and now she has alot of friends in the business (bartenders and doorstaff at different clubs)so we get lots of hookups all over.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:09 PM
That's exactly when it got old for me, too. It was either the age, or having to hassle with babysitters and having a hangover trying to deal with toddlers that sucked a lot of the fun out of it, too. :lol

You see I am learning from your experience. :lol

No babies for me....not until waaaaaaaaaaay later. Well, not until I finish school, get married, build a home....blah blah blah. Just not right now right now. Later later.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 02:09 PM
LJ and I still like going to clubs, but it's hard to find a good one here. I loved Atrium even though most you guys thought it was too "ghetto". But I can have fun in almost any club as like as it's not techno or country.

The Atrium! I had seen a lot of fights there, at least one a night!

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:11 PM

I loved the Atrium. When I would travel up here for the weekend, that would be the one club I would always frequent.

Its not around anymore? :depressed

Mixability
10-21-2005, 02:11 PM
She is the reason I frequent the place, and now she has alot of friends in the business (bartenders and doorstaff at different clubs)so we get lots of hookups all over.

Then she definitely doesn't count, since you didn't "pick her up" at the club. When I would go to the clubs, I would always just end up chatting it up with the waitresses and bartenders. Much better conversation than having to deal with the idiots surrounding me.

Kori Ellis
10-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Its not around anymore?

As far as I know, it's not. Right?

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 02:13 PM

The Atrium was fun ... I pass by there every day but haven't even noticed. Is it still even there?

SpursWoman
n/m :oops :lol

Gatita
You couldn't beat the $3 cover charge for 21 and older. The drink specials were pretty good. Plus, the different rooms. :tu

sa_butta
Then she definitely doesn't count, since you didn't "pick her up" at the club. When I would go to the clubs, I would always just end up chatting it up with the waitresses and bartenders. Much better conversation than having to deal with the idiots surrounding me.She was a shot girl.

tlongII
10-21-2005, 02:14 PM
I miss clubbing! I probably would still enjoy it, but since I'm 47 people would look at me funny. I look damn good for 47 though!

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 02:15 PM
You couldn't beat the $3 cover charge for 21 and older. The drink specials were pretty good. Plus, the different rooms. :tuGraham would be the closest thing to Atrium anymore. But there was a rumor that Atrium was opening up again, my wife use to work there too.

Kori Ellis
10-21-2005, 02:16 PM
You couldn't beat the $3 cover charge for 21 and older. The drink specials were pretty good. Plus, the different rooms.

True about the drink specials .. All drinks 99cents before midnight was sweet. :drunk

I loved the different rooms. I am not sure that it's not there anymore, but I heard that it wasn't.

Kori Ellis
10-21-2005, 02:17 PM
But there was a rumor that Atrium was opening up again, my wife use to work there too.

That would be cool.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:17 PM
True about the drink specials .. All drinks 99cents before midnight was sweet. :drunk

I loved the different rooms. I am not sure that it's not there anymore, but I heard that it wasn't.

I am surprised that no one has had a GTG to go out dancing. :elephant

It would be fun. :)

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 02:18 PM
The building is still there, just vacant. Next door is
the Airport convention center.

Dos
did the club scene, did the bar fly scene... I'd rather spend my money traveling there is so much to see... ;)

batman2883
no GTG but myself and truthy are always posting where we are going

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 02:19 PM

I always ended up watching karaoke ... :oops

tlongII
10-21-2005, 02:19 PM
no GTG but myself and truthy are always posting where we are going

I'm sure the forum chicas appreciate that information.

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 02:20 PM

Weird....I don't even know if white boy (User) can dance..... :wow :wow :lmao

Kori Ellis
I always ended up watching karaoke ... :oops

That was a cool karaoke room though. It was a good place to end up after dancing in the other rooms.

batman2883
damn you tlong, damn you to hell

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 02:21 PM

It would be fun. :)in :tu

batman2883
10-21-2005, 02:21 PM
That was a cool karaoke room though. It was a good place to end up after dancing in the other rooms.

basically the same thing at grahams

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Weird....I don't even know if white boy (User) can dance..... :wow :wow :lmao

Blow the dust off of him and take him out dancing woman! :lol

Kori Ellis

I've been to Graham's in other cities and hated it. So I've never been to the one here.

SpursWoman

Yeah, but it's only 1 exit down the highway from my house. :smokin

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:23 PM

I believe they had live music in there as well.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Well the grahams here has a salsa/merengue room which is way too small.....a nice sized everything room, two huge country and tejano's rooms, small ass 80's room and a nice little karoake bar in the middle called alley cats.

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 02:24 PM
I've been to Graham's in other cities and hated it. So I've never been to the one here.what did you hate about it?

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Well the grahams here has a salsa/merengue room which is way too small.....a nice sized everything room, two huge country and tejano's rooms, small ass 80's room and a nice little karoake bar in the middle called alley cats.South Beach is everything else room and
the Salsa Room really is not that small.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 02:26 PM
thats what i said the nice sized everything room

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 02:26 PM
thats what i said the nice sized everything roommy bad corrected

Kori Ellis
10-21-2005, 02:27 PM
what did you hate about it?

I'm not even sure. I've been to the one in Phoenix and the one in another city. But that was over a decade ago. :wow Maybe we'll try the one here sometime.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm not even sure. I've been to the one in Phoenix and the one in another city. But that was over a decade ago. :wow Maybe we'll try the one here sometime.

I vote for making a GTG out of it. :tu

rr2418
10-21-2005, 02:29 PM
the dj sucks too by the way, every weekend it's the same shit, exact same order too! maybe its because I'm a dj too that I pay attention to that stuff. Also, real DJs don't use CDs, especially already mixed ones. :pctoss

As for the women, I work for an eye doctor if you need an exam. :nerd

Anyone can get VIP, by the way, you just have to know the right people. :king

So, what do the real djs use instead of cds?

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:30 PM

Vinyl?

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm not even sure. I've been to the one in Phoenix and the one in another city. But that was over a decade ago. :wow Maybe we'll try the one here sometime.If you are really into hip hop you may be dissapointed as there is not too much.
But if you can tolerate techno and hip hop you will enjoy South Beach. Since I like both that room suits me well.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Actually an early GTG at grahams would be good they have a great happy hour before 10 and they have a buffet too

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Valluco, have you checked your PM's?!

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Vinyl?yeah but most Club Dj's use Cds these days
it is just easier for them. DJ M3 aka Master Mixin Mando is a good
DJ from here, he spins at Joes.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 02:50 PM
yeah but most Club Dj's use Cds these days
it is just easier for them. DJ M3 aka Master Mixin Mando is a good
DJ from here, he spins at Joes.

then they're not really what I consider true DJs then, anyone can mix two CDs together, especially since the new CD turntables have an auto mix feature that cues up CDs perfectly. :rolleyes

just wait until that Ipod mixer comes out, then the DJ scene will be crap! :pctoss

Notorious H.O.P.
10-21-2005, 02:51 PM

A DJ working vinyl is an artist. A DJ working a CD player is a technician.

The main problem is trying to find songs on vinyl. And in the era of P2P, its easier for DJs to download the hottest songs and burn them to CD instead of tracking them down on vinyl and paying the extra cost.

Austin has some good places to find some but San Antonio has been lacking a good place for quite some time. But there is a (new?) store in SA called 180 grams which is named so because that is how much high quality pressed vinyl weighs.

MannyIsGod
10-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Jess made a trip to NYC earlier this year and came back with a shitload of awesome vinyl. The only place I've seen it here is Hogwild and they have a pretty piss poor selection.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 02:56 PM
A DJ working vinyl is an artist. A DJ working a CD player is a technician.

The main problem is trying to find songs on vinyl. And in the era of P2P, its easier for DJs to download the hottest songs and burn them to CD instead of tracking them down on vinyl and paying the extra cost.

Austin has some good places to find some but San Antonio has been lacking a good place for quite some time. But there is a (new?) store in SA called 180 grams which is named so because that is how much high quality pressed vinyl weighs.

Using Vinyl = talent, Using CDs = as Tim Duncan would say, "a retard could do it" :lol

Underground sound is a good place, Record connection is ok, but I mostly mail order my vinyl.

I'm actually ordering a personal vinyl cutter, so I can transfer mp3, CD tracks and casettes to vinyl! :smokin

Mixability
10-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Jess made a trip to NYC earlier this year and came back with a shitload of awesome vinyl. The only place I've seen it here is Hogwild and they have a pretty piss poor selection.

If you're looking for that rare Rancid 45", then Hogwild is the place to look! :lol

But for good beats and hip hop, the selection is crap, there's maybe 50 total to choose from! :pctoss

Gatita
10-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Using Vinyl = talent, Using CDs = as Tim Duncan would say, "a retard could do it" :lol

Underground sound is a good place, Record connection is ok, but I mostly mail order my vinyl.

I'm actually ordering a personal vinyl cutter, so I can transfer mp3, CD tracks and casettes to vinyl! :smokin

And my boyfriend spent money on getting his music off of vinyl and onto CD's. :lol

tlongII
10-21-2005, 03:13 PM
DJ's are clearly unneccessary. Why use vinyl to demonstrate a DJ's perceived "artistry" when the sound quality of the track will be worse? It doesn't make sense.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 03:13 PM
And my boyfriend spent money on getting his music off of vinyl and onto CD's. :lol

:lol I usually just buy the CD version of it than to bother recording it to CD. But in those rare occasions that a CD version isn't available, then I just run in through my stereo to record it!

Low End Specialist
10-21-2005, 03:18 PM
I went to Rive this past Saturday for the first time. I thought it sucked balls. I enjoy loungin' more than clubbin' anyways. H2O lounge is nice. So is Davenport. Karma's cool too. If you want to get with some chicks, go to Azul on Fridays.

The Shit List:
Antro
Planeta
And whoever charges $10 or more for cover and dispense the weakest drinks

tekdragon
10-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Speaking of Karma, I'm throwing a Halloween party there next Saturday night, for anyone who's interested.

Costumes optional
Hip-Hip early
House late

I'll start a thread on it soon, but if anyone's interested, find details here: http://www.vinylexplosion.com/events.php

Gatita
10-21-2005, 03:21 PM
:lol I usually just buy the CD version of it than to bother recording it to CD. But in those rare occasions that a CD version isn't available, then I just run in through my stereo to record it!

My boyfriend is 32 and according to Bat his is OLD. :rolleyes

So, I am guessing whatever vinyl he has isn't available on CD.

tekdragon
10-21-2005, 03:23 PM
...and yes, Danyo, we're all vinyl.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Speaking of Karma, I'm throwing a Halloween party there next Saturday night, for anyone who's interested.

Costumes optional
Hip-Hip early
House late

I'll start a thread on it soon, but if anyone's interested, find details here: http://www.vinylexplosion.com/events.php

damn im there

tekdragon
10-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Right on...be sure to introduce yourself. Ask for bishop, I should be behind the tables from 12:30 to close, or something like that.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 03:25 PM
...and yes, Danyo, we're all vinyl.

jcrod
10-21-2005, 03:27 PM

Thats why I stop going about 10 yrs ago and I'm 31. I would get in a fight everytime we would go out and I was mostly always by myself. Not fun, so it ended pretty quick.

She loves to dance so we would go gay clubs to dance, always had better music and didn't have hassle with idiots everytime. Boy it's been yrs since we've been dancing. I personally can't stand the crowds, noise, smoke etc. Thats why we stop going altogether a long time ago.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Right on...be sure to introduce yourself. Ask for bishop, I should be behind the tables from 12:30 to close, or something like that.

I know Batman can't stand this :lol Can I ask you a question?

What kind of mixer do you use? I'm in the market for a new one. I play mostly hip-hop and some house, just looking for some reviews, also I tend to scratch a bit, which is why I use Shure carts.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 03:31 PM
She loves to dance so we would go gay clubs to dance, always had better music and didn't have hassle with idiots everytime.

They do have better music, but not if you like hip-hop/r&b scene. I have a few "flamboyant" friends that I would go with along with my gf. I never thought I'd see the day when I had more drinks bought for me than her! :lol

jcrod
10-21-2005, 03:35 PM
They do have better music, but not if you like hip-hop/r&b scene. I have a few "flamboyant" friends that I would go with along with my gf. I never thought I'd see the day when I had more drinks bought for me than her! :lol

your right about not having hip-hop/r&b, although it's been a long time since we've been out. Her Uncle is gay, so we would go with him and his friends.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 03:36 PM

There was place back home called 10th Ave. They had a license that allowed 16 year olds to enter (I don't know what that is all about). I used to go with my bestfriend all the time. Good times, up until you get sandwiched between two dykes. :lol

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 03:39 PM
She loves to dance so we would go gay clubs to dance, always had better music and didn't have hassle with idiots everytime.

Gay clubs always have the best dance music. :)

batman2883
10-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Danyo what do you mean i won't like that, i love all music except tejano and country, hip hop, house, techno, trance, salsa/merengue, everything.......and Tekdragon your working there or having a party there?

Mixability
10-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Danyo what do you mean i won't like that, i love all music except tejano and country, hip hop, house, techno, trance, salsa/merengue, everything.......and Tekdragon your working there or having a party there?

remember your thread about what you "can't stand"?

asking "can i ask you a question"?

i know you post constantly, but cmon remember your posts! :lol

tekdragon
10-21-2005, 03:47 PM
At home, or for use with more than two tables, I use the Rane Mojo: http://www.rane.com/mm8z.html

On the road, when we usually only use two tables, we use the Vestax house mixer a lot: http://www.platinum-records.com/VESTAX-PMC250-prod6314.htm
We replaced each of the two channel slide faders with rotary knobs, so it looks pretty sweet...just 8 fat knobs straight across. Makes for very smooth mixing.

Come out Saturday night, see it for yourself! :)

Mixability
10-21-2005, 03:49 PM
At home, or for use with more than two tables, I use the Rane Mojo: http://www.rane.com/mm8z.html

On the road, when we usually only use two tables, we use the Vestax house mixer a lot: http://www.platinum-records.com/VESTAX-PMC250-prod6314.htm
We replaced each of the two channel slide faders with rotary knobs, so it looks pretty sweet...just 8 fat knobs straight across. Makes for very smooth mixing.

Come out Saturday night, see it for yourself! :)

nah, i like my mixers compact and little throw on the faders, since i scratch it up a bit. thanks for the info though!

ShoogarBear
10-21-2005, 03:49 PM

Apparently gave up drinking beer, too.

rr2418
10-21-2005, 03:50 PM

Oh yeah!!! I think I went on Thursdays b/c of the drink specials.

tekdragon
10-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Gay clubs always have the best dance music. :)

Amen, sister!

.......and Tekdragon your working there or having a party there?

My label is throwing the party...three members of our crew (High Society), myself included, will be spinning.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 03:52 PM
My label is throwing the party...three members of our crew (High Society), myself included, will be spinning.

so ask for Bishop cool shit

tekdragon
10-21-2005, 03:53 PM
nah, i like my mixers compact and little throw on the faders, since i scratch it up a bit. thanks for the info though!

For compact scratch-heavy mixers, I would definitely check out the Vestax line...very reasonably priced with lots of features. Crossfader contours, eq cuts, the works.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 03:55 PM
For compact scratch-heavy mixers, I would definitely check out the Vestax line...very reasonably priced with lots of features. Crossfader contours, eq cuts, the works.

have always had vestax, i guess i should have mentioned that, i guess thats a sign that i should just stick to what i have and invest my money in some more vinyl! :lol

Gatita
10-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Apparently gave up drinking beer, too.

???

Your speaking a foreign language to me Shoog.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 03:56 PM
???

Your speaking a foreign language to me Shoog.

thats what i was thinking!

Hey kitty, what are you still doing here, shouldn't you be on your way to La Tuna by now?

Gatita
10-21-2005, 04:00 PM
thats what i was thinking!

Hey kitty, what are you still doing here, shouldn't you be on your way to La Tuna by now?

:lol I just told my friend that I was too lazy to go.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 04:01 PM
:lol I just told my friend that I was too lazy to go.

Too lazy to drink?!?! :lol

Gatita
10-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Too lazy to drink?!?! :lol

Yes damnit! I need one person the hold the beer bottle and another one for the straw!

TheTruth
10-21-2005, 04:07 PM
i think bat is the type of guy that makes all of us NOT want to go to the club! :lol
I've only met Batman once, but he seemed to be a really cool guy. He's not ghetto, just like any other college guy our age. Wants to have a good time. So he likes Rive, big deal. To each their own.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I've only met Batman once, but he seemed to be a really cool guy. He's not ghetto, just like any other college guy our age. Wants to have a good time. So he likes Rive, big deal. To each their own.

i guess the " :lol " wasn't enough to let everyone know i was joking... :rolleyes

batman2883
10-21-2005, 04:16 PM

Hell yeah speaking of which dude this weekend im going to hit up bar 11, revolution and picassos...you down?

Mixability
10-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Yes damnit! I need one person the hold the beer bottle and another one for the straw!

beer + straw = :vomit

Gatita
10-21-2005, 04:18 PM
beer + straw = :vomit

Psst! It'll get ya' buzzed quicker!

Mixability
10-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Psst! It'll get ya' buzzed quicker!

i prefer the "drink more beer" method to getting buzzed quicker! :lol

TheTruth
10-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Hell yeah speaking of which dude this weekend im going to hit up bar 11, revolution and picassos...you down?
When are you going to picassos?

Gatita
10-21-2005, 04:20 PM
i prefer the "drink more beer" method to getting buzzed quicker! :lol

But then it will get you pissin' like a race horse.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 04:21 PM
When are you going to picassos?
TOMORROW

batman2883
10-21-2005, 04:21 PM
shit tomorrow i might hit up Crabby Jacks first get my drink on and then hit up picassos

Mixability
10-21-2005, 04:23 PM
But then it will get you pissin' like a race horse.

as long as you don't "break the seal" then you'll be alright!

TheTruth
10-21-2005, 04:27 PM
shit tomorrow i might hit up Crabby Jacks first get my drink on and then hit up picassos
My friends are banned from Crabby Jacks, but if you don't go to picasso's too late we might be able to stop by for a bit. My buddy Jason is having a work thing at Hooligans, and we are going to go there later in the night.

batman2883
10-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Hell ill be at picassos like at 10 but hooligans doesnt sound too bad either

rr2418
10-21-2005, 04:36 PM
The club I had the most fun was back in the early 90's. T-Town was the name of the club. If you liked tejano, they had good groups play there like, David Lee Garza, Emilio, Jay Perez, Mazz, Culturas, Ram, and of course, Selena. On Wednesday, it was ladies night! They got in free, and also the drinks were .25c from 8-11pm. So, needless to say there was wall to wall women. Good music, good drinks, and lots of women, made for a great time!! I was off Thursdays, so I had the whole day to recup. But like everyone has said, it got old after a while. Anyway, the drink specials went, the ladies didn't get in free anymore, so the club started to suck. I think Tejano Rodeo opened up, and took some of the crowd. To me, T-Town was the best club of all the clubs I've gone.

Mixability
10-21-2005, 04:37 PM
The club I had the most fun was back in the early 90's. T-Town was the name of the club. If you liked tejano, they had good groups play there like, David Lee Garza, Emilio, Jay Perez, Mazz, Culturas, Ram, and of course, Selena. On Wednesday, it was ladies night! They got in free, and also the drinks were .25c from 8-11pm. So, needless to say there was wall to wall women. Good music, good drinks, and lots of women, made for a great time!! I was off Thursdays, so I had the whole day to recup. But like everyone has said, it got old after a while. Anyway, the drink specials went, the ladies didn't get in free anymore, so the club started to suck. I think Tejano Rodeo opened up, and took some of the crowd. To me, T-Town was the best club of all the clubs I've gone.

T-Town? was that on Commercial?

Gatita
10-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Danyo... check your messages.

Thanks. :smokin

rr2418
10-21-2005, 04:44 PM
T-Town? was that on Commercial?

No. It was on San Pedro on top of the "hill". It's now Tiffiney's Sports Bar. I think it still is!!

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 04:46 PM
No. It was on San Pedro on top of the "hill". It's now Tiffiney's Sports Bar. I think it still is!!

It's still Tiffany's ... we had a GTG there once. :lol

I've been racking my brain trying to remember what it was before T-Town ... :bang

Gatita
10-21-2005, 04:47 PM

I've been racking my brain trying to remember what it was before T-Town ... :bang

Waaaaay Back in the day, huh? :D

Mixability
10-21-2005, 04:48 PM

Nevermind, I was thinking of something completely different!

tekdragon
10-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Was it called Galaxy before T-Town? hmmm...maybe it wasn't Galaxy. Wasn't it some kind of billiards place?

PizzaFace
10-21-2005, 04:52 PM
I drink alone.

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 04:53 PM
No, it was a dance club at some point...God only knows how many things it was before T-Town ... sometime between 1993-1994. My ex-husband's best friend used to be a bartender there and he was hottt. :lol

Gatita
10-21-2005, 04:54 PM
I drink alone.

That's the sign of a true alcoholic. :)

rr2418
10-21-2005, 04:54 PM

I know long time ago it was Tiffany's Billiards. Then I think Tiffany's closed or moved to another location. Then several clubs came and went, and then in '92 I believe, T-Town opened. Several more clubs later, Tiffany's returns.

tlongII
10-21-2005, 04:55 PM
I only drink when I'm alone or with somebody.

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 04:56 PM

I've been racking my brain trying to remember what it was before T-Town ... :bangI can only remember it being YoYos

sa_butta
10-21-2005, 04:56 PM
I only drink when I'm alone or with somebody.I only drink on days that end in "y"

Gatita
10-21-2005, 04:57 PM

Does that somebody have fleece?

Mixability
10-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Does that somebody have fleece?

:rollin

PizzaFace
10-21-2005, 05:05 PM

I also "hit it" when I'm alone.

Vashner
10-21-2005, 05:27 PM
What no one remembers rockwave? It was on 410 and broadway just outside the loop.
It was like techno dance haha.

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 05:34 PM
What no one remembers rockwave? It was on 410 and broadway just outside the loop.

That was the one and only time I've been to a male strip show and I decided then and there that I didn't like them ... my friends took me there on my 19th birthday.

:spin

rr2418
10-21-2005, 06:18 PM

Yes, I do. Wasn't the club on 410 and Perrin-Beitel, where Academy is now? Next to the club, used to be a bar called the Copperdollar.

SpursWoman
10-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Yes, I do. Wasn't the club on 410 and Perrin-Beitel, where Academy is now? Next to the club, used to be a bar called the Copperdollar.

Yes ... the Copperdollar is now in a strip center at Bulverde & Thousand Oaks.

Kdfelicity
10-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I actually gotta back Batman on this one. Whenever I go to Club Rive, I have a damn good time, it's my favorite club at the moment. The DJ's are pretty good and if you request a song, they almost always have it and will play it within the next 3 songs.

rr2418
10-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Now, I like to sit back and relax with a beer and listen to live music, preferably jazz!

Kdfelicity
10-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Now, I like to sit back and relax with a beer and listen to live music, preferably jazz!

I agree with you on that cept for the Jazz part. I'd rather hear songs I could sing along with. Scenic Loop Cafe is a relaxing place, it has nice scenery, and you can sit outside to listen to the music.

Gatita
10-21-2005, 07:50 PM

Paquito D' Rivera :tu

10-21-2005, 08:50 PM
I agree with you on that cept for the Jazz part. I'd rather hear songs I could sing along with. Scenic Loop Cafe is a relaxing place, it has nice scenery, and you can sit outside to listen to the music.

KD, did you find Scenic Loop too expensive for the fare? I went out there for the first time to a buddies graduation dinner and thought the prices were no where in line for what they served.

I've got kids and no free refills for the kiddos is just plain stupid.

Plus, what they charged for two martinis, I could have bought a freaking bottle of Grey Goose and made some myself and still been ahead.

bry3
10-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Coming from an experience L.A and Chicago club hopper, ALL SA Clubs suck!

Vashner
10-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Coming from an experience L.A and Chicago club hopper, ALL SA Clubs suck!

Shut up poser! GTFO.

Kdfelicity
10-21-2005, 09:26 PM
KD, did you find Scenic Loop too expensive for the fare? I went out there for the first time to a buddies graduation dinner and thought the prices were no where in line for what they served.

Yea the prices are a bit steep. I don't think the food's really all that great either. I just like the atmosphere and music really...

Willinsa
10-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Anyone been to a place called Luna on San Pedro?? just wondering drove by there the other day and curious how it is.

Vashner
10-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Moon? What theme?

Willinsa
10-21-2005, 09:49 PM
I think it is a jazz club, not too sure.

bry3
10-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Shut up poser! GTFO.

Apparently you LOVE Rive.

Vashner
10-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Apparently you LOVE Rive.

You said San Antonio. I love my city... I am like a Spurs fan on rabies when
someone says LA %n > SA %n = NO!

We had bar with drinks here before your state was even a gold diggers wet dream.

Untouchable1
10-22-2005, 01:47 AM

I've got kids and no free refills for the kiddos is just plain stupid.

Plus, what they charged for two martinis, I could have bought a freaking bottle of Grey Goose and made some myself and still been ahead.
Hell no before 11 its half off drinks

Mixability
10-22-2005, 04:30 AM
I actually gotta back Batman on this one. Whenever I go to Club Rive, I have a damn good time, it's my favorite club at the moment. The DJ's are pretty good and if you request a song, they almost always have it and will play it within the next 3 songs.

Don't get out much, huh? :lol

Kdfelicity
10-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Don't get out much, huh? :lol

Actually I get out plenty, probably too much. I'm in college, party time is my first and last name...

SpursWoman
10-22-2005, 12:22 PM
I can't say anything bad about Rive, because I've never been there. The last place I used to go regularly was PolyEsther's and that was several years ago, and because there used to be someone that went there that I crushed on pretty bad. :oops :lol [/stalker]

Mixability
10-22-2005, 03:21 PM
I can't say anything bad about Rive, because I've never been there.

Dont even bother going, its not worth the trouble at all.

KEDA
10-22-2005, 07:18 PM
No mention of Cowboys or Midnight Rodeo

Haters :)

Gatita
10-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Tried Azuca last night. Had a blast! But, then again its all about who you go with.

:makeout

Mr Dio
10-23-2005, 02:31 PM
No mention of Cowboys or Midnight Rodeo

Haters :)

KEDA, you can pretty much get that same selection of people @ KOA or any trailer park outside SA. :lol

Mr Dio
10-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Moon? What theme?

Speaking of bars.

Anyone remember Luna Notte? Was ok the few times I went. Pretty much not my type of crowd except for my friends but since my friends worked there I rcvd great service & a low low bar tab.

Notorious H.O.P.
10-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Anyone been to a place called Luna on San Pedro?? just wondering drove by there the other day and curious how it is.

Luna is a live music venue. They book all types of acts including jazz, blues, swing, lounge, salsa, etc. Their website is www.lunalive.com. Nice place to listen to some tunes.