PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Why nobody mentions the Pelicans as a potential LeBron suitor?

Jules_Winnfield
05-31-2018, 03:59 AM
Holiday
Moore
LeBron
Mirotic
Davis

Perfect fit for both sides.

Pelicans bench :lol

Solomon Hill contract :lol

Darth_Pelican
05-31-2018, 08:52 AM
Holiday
Moore
LeBron
Mirotic
Davis

Perfect fit for both sides.

Pelicans bench :lol

Solomon Hill contract :lol

Rondo would start instead of Moore. But yeah, he's not coming here. I'd be shocked if he goes to the Western Conference, period.

StrengthAndHonor
05-31-2018, 09:48 AM
In theory, I’d still say GS in 5, so it’s a lateral move at best.

Double-Up
05-31-2018, 09:48 AM
:lol

Chris Fall
05-31-2018, 09:52 AM
Is LeBron signing a $5 million per contract? Pelicans have no cap space even if Boogie walks. No secondary assets after Davis and Jrue to facilitate some sort of sign and trade.

And yeah, if it’s not LA, a Western Conference team is extremely unlikely. Even Houston doesn’t have the cap space or resources to acquire LeBron. If he leaves Cleveland, the only two places that have either cap space or trade assets or both are the Lakers and Sixers. His options are actually limited unless he signs a really small contract to go where he wants.

baseline bum
05-31-2018, 10:06 AM
Is LeBron signing a $5 million per contract? Pelicans have no cap space even if Boogie walks. No secondary assets after Davis and Jrue to facilitate some sort of sign and trade.

And yeah, if it’s not LA, a Western Conference team is extremely unlikely. Even Houston doesn’t have the cap space or resources to acquire LeBron. If he leaves Cleveland, the only two places that have either cap space or trade assets or both are the Lakers and Sixers. His options are actually limited unless he signs a really small contract to go where he wants.

I don't get this LeBron to Houston talk at all. What, Gilbert is going to take Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon for LeBron?

Killakobe81
05-31-2018, 10:29 AM
I don't get this LeBron to Houston talk at all. What, Gilbert is going to take Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon for LeBron?

I don't get it either I think staying in CLE or Philly are more likely ... but I still dont think Philly is a perfect fit. Yes harden/Cp3 worked but CP3 and Simmons have very diffrent skillsets.
I also don't buy the Broussard angle saying he wants to play more "off-ball". Always sounds good in theory, but when the game is to be won I don't see how Lebron doesnt control playmaking or Simmons being effective spotting up in the corner for 3's.
I think they try and make moves to keep him, and he will struggle to leave.

LkrFan
05-31-2018, 10:32 AM
:lol

This. :lol

Jules_Winnfield
05-31-2018, 10:51 AM
Rondo would start instead of Moore. But yeah, he's not coming here. I'd be shocked if he goes to the Western Conference, period.

Rondo is expiring, plus Moore is a way better fit as a spot up shooter.

Jules_Winnfield
05-31-2018, 10:53 AM

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_orleans_pelicans/

Jules_Winnfield
05-31-2018, 10:56 AM
I don't get it either I think staying in CLE or Philly are more likely ... but I still dont think Philly is a perfect fit. Yes harden/Cp3 worked but CP3 and Simmons have very diffrent skillsets.
I also don't buy the Broussard angle saying he wants to play more "off-ball". Always sounds good in theory, but when the game is to be won I don't see how Lebron doesnt control playmaking or Simmons being effective spotting up in the corner for 3's.

Bron'd rather kill himself than stay in the Land, tbh..

https://s22.postimg.cc/nv21zwo75/ztu5ez5.jpg

The Gemini Method
05-31-2018, 11:01 AM
Interesting idea. But I don't see him leaving the East. If he were, I'd put money on Houston. But then that means goodbye Gordon, Capella and what made this year's incarnation of the Rockets' a viable contender. I think he stays home. However, that front court of him and Davis would be legit.

Jules_Winnfield
05-31-2018, 11:09 AM
Interesting idea. But I don't see him leaving the East. If he were, I'd put money on Houston. But then that means goodbye Gordon, Capella and what made this year's incarnation of the Rockets' a viable contender. I think he stays home. However, that front court of him and Davis would be legit.

The Celtics'll be as good as the Warriors, so it doesn't make the difference anyways if he stays in the East. LeBron would also protect his King of the East status..

Didn't realize that the Lakers have a massive cap space, damn.

RsxPiimp
05-31-2018, 11:10 AM

nah. not feasible at all. they have to renounce all their FA and trade gordon and tucker.

RsxPiimp
05-31-2018, 11:12 AM
legoat to the lakers makes the most sense imo.

Jules_Winnfield
05-31-2018, 11:19 AM
legoat to the lakers makes the most sense imo.

Then you need another star, Leonard or George.

baseline bum
05-31-2018, 11:30 AM

I can't see any way he stays; it's between Philly and LA. Neither is ideal since they're both very young teams with questionable fits, but they're the only teams that can pay him and put some talent around him (assuming Paul George signs in LA). There is no way he's not done with being the one man show in Cleveland though. If they could have kept Irving I think he would have stayed but without him no way.

soxxx
05-31-2018, 11:56 AM
I think its fairly obvious he will go to Houston. He is going to be 34 next year, just let it be, CP3 is his closest friend in the NBA.

Anyone but Golden State, Golden State has hurt the NBA, specifically Durant....im sure people will tune in and the ratings will be record high like last year, but its just not fun to watch.

Hopefully Cleveland wins tonight, Golden State is just not the same as they were last year, same core but just not playing the same way.

FkLA
05-31-2018, 01:23 PM
Damn, I didnt even know the Finals started today.

Don't they usually start like a week later?

Killakobe81
05-31-2018, 01:35 PM
I think its fairly obvious he will go to Houston. He is going to be 34 next year, just let it be, CP3 is his closest friend in the NBA.

Anyone but Golden State, Golden State has hurt the NBA, specifically Durant....im sure people will tune in and the ratings will be record high like last year, but its just not fun to watch.

Hopefully Cleveland wins tonight, Golden State is just not the same as they were last year, same core but just not playing the same way.

Not sure how that works, but we will see.
IF he really wants to play with CP3 he better do it now before he breaks down even further

baseline bum
05-31-2018, 02:01 PM

Obviously that's where he'd want to go, but how? Cleveland would have to take Ryan Anderson's contract. There is absolutely no way around it. Chris Paul would have to sign for $4 million or so to create the cap room to sign LeBron while keeping Capella, and no way they'd lose Capella considering he'd only eat about $4.7 million of this year's capspace regardless what they sign him to.

baseline bum
05-31-2018, 02:06 PM
Damn, I didnt even know the Finals started today.

Don't they usually start like a week later?

Yeah this is the least interesting Finals since 2002, another one with a juggernaut coming off an epic WCF.

Chris Fall
05-31-2018, 02:09 PM
https://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_orleans_pelicans/

??

Why did you post a link to New Orleans' salary cap next showing that they don't have enough cap to seriously pursue LeBron? $97 million already committed next year before deciding on Boogie. Salary cap projected at roughly $101 million.

Again, is LeBron signing a $5 million contract?

Jules_Winnfield
05-31-2018, 02:19 PM
??

Why did you post a link to New Orleans' salary cap next showing that they don't have enough cap to seriously pursue LeBron? $97 million already committed next year before deciding on Boogie. Salary cap projected at roughly $101 million.

Again, is LeBron signing a $5 million contract?

Why they can't go over the cap?

Arcadian
05-31-2018, 02:24 PM

He should go West. Then he might actually have a favorable matchup in the Finals.

baseline bum
05-31-2018, 02:56 PM
Why they can't go over the cap?

No you can't go over the cap to sign someone who isn't your own Bird free agent.

Jules_Winnfield
05-31-2018, 02:59 PM
No you can't go over the cap to sign someone who isn't your own Bird free agent.

Lakers it is.

RsxPiimp
06-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Then you need another star, Leonard or George.

that's the idea or the plan all along :lol though i'd say george is realistic- forget about Kawhi, he's not leaving a Supermax offer on the table.

2 max slots, plenty of young assets under rookie scale contracts, that's a very good foundation for sure. The lakers managed to win 35 games last year based on defensive effort alone (12th in efficiency), despite a tremendous amount of shuffling in the line up (72 games missed between ingram, hart and ball + 16 games for Brook and KCP and a mid season trade that brough IT) Even as it is, this team is built to cater Lebron's strengths. Kuzma, Ingram are going to benefit shooting wide open jumpers. Ball does everything you could ask for, things that matter. He doesn't even need to carry the burden of scoring if they have LeBron, George and Ingram/Kuzma taking majority of the responsibilities. You're not going to tell me that this Cavs team minus LeBron is much more talented than the Lakers, in all seriousness, that cast is a 22 win team-at best.

The beauty of joining the new generation Lakers is there's simply no pressure to win a championship. The've been so awful for almost a decade now, with little to show in terms of talent on the court. LeBron simply needs to resurrect the franchise from the grave, and dragging another lottery team to a playoff appearance would add to his legend. L

phxspurfan
06-01-2018, 03:02 PM

This. LeBron is either afraid of the constant beating he would take in the West/challenging of his GOAT push, or is generally an East Coast guy.

Spurtacular
06-01-2018, 06:40 PM

Bron struggled against athletic teams like Boston, Indy, Philly. Odds of him going west are better than ever, imo.