PDA

View Full Version : Auto extended warranty

Big Empty
05-31-2018, 05:04 PM
Gotta a 2012 Ram 1500 ill pay off in 3 years but its approaching 90k miles. Any of you ever purchased extended warranty? If so who is the best? I came across endurance online but im not sure what is a scam and what isnt. 2800.00 for an additional 4 years of coverage. Any lf u boys mechanics that work with these companies?

Chucho
05-31-2018, 05:15 PM
Gotta a 2012 Ram 1500 ill pay off in 3 years but its approaching 90k miles. Any of you ever purchased extended warranty? If so who is the best? I came across endurance online but im not sure what is a scam and what isnt. 2800.00 for an additional 4 years of coverage. Any lf u boys mechanics that work with these companies?

We bought a certified Hyundai a few years ago with 15k and the warranty was for 50k from Hyundai and bought a really solid one to cover us til 100k and it covers EVERYTHING sans your general maintenance like oil changes and brake pads and it's very, very affordable, less than $2gs ontop of the loan. I'll see if I can find the name of the company when I get to my home later.

Big Empty
05-31-2018, 05:23 PM
We bought a certified Hyundai a few years ago with 15k and the warranty was for 50k from Hyundai and bought a really solid one to cover us til 100k and it covers EVERYTHING sans your general maintenance like oil changes and brake pads and it's very, very affordable, less than $2gs ontop of the loan. I'll see if I can find the name of the company when I get to my home later. awesome thnx, did u ever have to use the warranty for any major problems?

Chucho
05-31-2018, 05:34 PM
awesome thnx, did u ever have to use the warranty for any major problems?

That's why I remember it, I thought the alternator went out so I called the warranty company last week as I can get a rental reimbursement as it technically covers me for ALL things up to 100k miles, even superseding the manufacturer's warranty.

It covers all electrical components, all non-regular maintenance parts that fail due to no fault of the owner and a load of stuff that the lesser tiers didn't cover. Basically, if it isn't my fault due to negligence they'll cover it. But if the radiator were to blow due to not having coolant or my motor locks up because I didn't keep up basic oil maintenance, it's out of my pocket.

Also, it doesn't cover glass repair as that's a variable well beyond their control.

The wife's car (the Hyundai) suddenly stopped picking up her Sirius feed and the AUX input stopped working and the warranty covers that, so it's definitely worth it, especially if you don't have a mechanic doing the "homie rates" for you. My old man was my mechanic when I was back home, the most a repair ever cost me was a case of beer. Doesn't work that way in the real world sadly.

Big Empty
05-31-2018, 05:57 PM
That's why I remember it, I thought the alternator went out so I called the warranty company last week as I can get a rental reimbursement as it technically covers me for ALL things up to 100k miles, even superseding the manufacturer's warranty.

It covers all electrical components, all non-regular maintenance parts that fail due to no fault of the owner and a load of stuff that the lesser tiers didn't cover. Basically, if it isn't my fault due to negligence they'll cover it. But if the radiator were to blow due to not having coolant or my motor locks up because I didn't keep up basic oil maintenance, it's out of my pocket.

Also, it doesn't cover glass repair as that's a variable well beyond their control.

The wife's car (the Hyundai) suddenly stopped picking up her Sirius feed and the AUX input stopped working and the warranty covers that, so it's definitely worth it, especially if you don't have a mechanic doing the "homie rates" for you. My old man was my mechanic when I was back home, the most a repair ever cost me was a case of beer. Doesn't work that way in the real world sadly.nice thnx again man

InRareForm
06-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Keep all paperwork

Chucho
06-01-2018, 09:12 PM
The one we have was FMX when we bought the car. It's now "powered by" AA Auto Protection.