PDA

View Full Version : After two years in China, Jimmer Fredette would 'love to get another chance' in the N

ducks
06-01-2018, 07:01 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/two-years-china-ex-lottery-pick-jimmer-fredette-love-get-another-chance-nba-202951889.html

Play Boban
06-01-2018, 07:08 PM
He might be the best guard on this team if he joined tbh. :wakeup

Pavlov
06-01-2018, 07:14 PM
lol white people

Joseph Kony
06-01-2018, 07:31 PM
:lmao

tholdren
06-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Better than murray and kawhi

tholdren
06-01-2018, 07:36 PM
lol white people

Yep spurs need a smart player like jr smith....

Pavlov
06-01-2018, 07:43 PM
Yep spurs need a smart player like jr smith....

My post was made in anticipation of white people posts like that one.

benefactor
06-01-2018, 07:43 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/5d72b2971bd8a6e6262768045d3477ce/tenor.gif?itemid=5388170

tholdren
06-01-2018, 07:46 PM
My post was made in anticipation of white people posts like that one.

Just roll with murray hes a great rebounder......

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-01-2018, 07:58 PM
He might be the best guard on this team if he joined tbh. :wakeup

Which team??? The YMCA men's league?

Certainly not the Spurs. He's an undersized chucker who can't play defense. He'd make Forbes look like an all-star.

tholdren
06-01-2018, 08:08 PM

Certainly not the Spurs. He's an undersized chucker who can't play defense. He'd make Forbes look like an all-star.

Murray makes forbes look like an all star

Pavlov
06-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Just roll with murray hes a great rebounder......Murray is an actual NBA player, so yeah-- I will roll with him instead of Jimmer.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-01-2018, 08:22 PM
Murray makes forbes look like an all star

On offense that's true. But Forbes, as much as he sucks, is better than Jimmer on both sides of the ball...which might me the first time I've ever said Forbes is better than someone on defense...because he's horrible...as in he sucks giant donkey balls on defense. So I guess that means Jimmer sucks King Kong balls on defense, or maybe the ballsack of one of those African dudes with the elephantiasis balls. Yep that's it...Jimmer sucks African elephantiasis balls on defense.

Do

Not

Want

tholdren
06-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Murray is an actual NBA player, so yeah-- I will roll with him instead of Jimmer.

Great keep on having pau gasol as your playmaker while your pg shoots 20 percent, makes no one better, and has 2 apg... might as well trot mills out there again

tholdren
06-01-2018, 08:27 PM
On offense that's true. But Forbes, as much as he sucks, is better than Jimmer on both sides of the ball...which might me the first time I've ever said Forbes is better than someone on defense...because he's horrible...as in he sucks giant donkey balls on defense. So I guess that means Jimmer sucks King Kong balls on defense, or maybe the ballsack of one of those African dudes with the elephantiasis balls. Yep that's it...Jimmer sucks African elephantiasis balls on defense.

Do

Not

Want
Look like a lot of typing about balls... be proud

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-01-2018, 08:30 PM
Look like a lot of typing about balls... be proud

I am rather proud of my balls...thank you for noticing.

K...
06-01-2018, 10:15 PM
He's a good tank commander. Sacto come get your boy

BatManu20
06-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Bring him in. This team could use another Guard.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 12:06 AM
Murray is an actual NBA player, so yeah-- I will roll with him instead of Jimmer.

:lol "actual NBA player"
:lol Arguing like an eight-year-old

ceds
06-02-2018, 12:22 AM
I can see the A team are in the jimmer thread

Started by Ducks
Kept alive by throlden
capped off by Spurtacular

trumptards

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 12:29 AM
Great keep on having pau gasol as your playmaker while your pg shoots 20 percent, makes no one better, and has 2 apg... might as well trot mills out there again
Nah, I'm fine with getting someone else.

Not Jimmer though. That would be stupid.

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 12:30 AM
:lol "actual NBA player"
:lol Arguing like an eight-year-old
Trying to keep it on your level.

Jimmer is not an NBA player.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 12:34 AM
Nah, I'm fine with getting someone else.

Not Jimmer though. That would be stupid.

Then it's setttled; Jimmer won't go to the Lakers if fantasy GM Chump has his way.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 12:35 AM
Trying to keep it on your level.

Jimmer is not an NBA player.

Certainly arguing on your own level. I wasn't even in the thread, numb nuts.

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 12:37 AM
Then it's setttled; Jimmer won't go to the Lakers if fantasy GM Chump has his way. it's been the way of every GM for a couple seasons.

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 12:39 AM
Certainly arguing on your own level. I wasn't even in the thread, numb nuts.
As I said, I was preemptively laughing at all the white guys who would be checking in after the Jimmer dog whistle.

lol

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 12:41 AM
As I said, I was preemptively laughing at all the white guys who would be checking in after the Jimmer dog whistle.

lol

We've been over this; it's your inner cuck coming out. We didn't need to review that; but if you insist. :lol

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 01:16 AM
:lol That Yahoo is still citing their unnamed source hit piece about Jimmer every time they do any article on him coming back to the NBA.
:lol They got their cucks, too ChumpDumper (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=153)

Chinook
06-02-2018, 01:50 AM
Bring back that Jimmer thread!

Srsly though, if he hasn't fixed his shooting mechanics, he's not going to make it in the NBA.

EDIT: And from looking at his highlights, it looks like he hasn't. Shame. Dude's always had an underrated floor game. But he's not an NBA-level shooter, and that's the one thing that would have allowed him to hang on in the league.

phxspurfan
06-02-2018, 02:28 AM
Jimmer would at least hit his 3s unlike Green

Chinook
06-02-2018, 02:55 AM
Jimmer would at least hit his 3s unlike Green

No he wouldn't. That was his problem last time too.

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 03:44 AM
We've been over this; it's your inner cuck coming out. We didn't need to review that; but if you insist. :lolReview that I predicted you and the other white guys would come in with white chips on your white shoulders?

lol OK

:lol That Yahoo is still citing their unnamed source hit piece about Jimmer every time they do any article on him coming back to the NBA.
:lol They got their cucks, too ChumpDumper (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=153)Yeah, it's a conspiracy against whitey.

I mean if he were doing well in an actual league that mattered, you could be justified in being so triggered.

But he's not.

tholdren
06-02-2018, 08:39 AM

When he averaged over 1 3pt att a game he was like a 40 percent from 3 guy..... stick to contracts

Biggems
06-02-2018, 09:49 AM
China can keep him

Chinook
06-02-2018, 10:32 AM
When he averaged over 1 3pt att a game he was like a 40 percent from 3 guy..... stick to contracts

He averaged one attempt per game because he couldn't get shots off against NBA competition. Stick to being scared of stats instead of trying to use them.

rogcl1
06-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Bring back Marbury too. Make it an All China backcourt.

tholdren
06-02-2018, 02:29 PM
He averaged one attempt per game because he couldn't get shots off against NBA competition. Stick to being scared of stats instead of trying to use them.
Lol ok. Go back to saying plus minus is relative to ind performance

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 04:00 PM

You're smoking.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 04:01 PM
Review that I predicted you and the other white guys would come in with white chips on your white shoulders?

lol OK

Yeah, it's a conspiracy against whitey.

I mean if he were doing well in an actual league that mattered, you could be justified in being so triggered.

But he's not.

You're certainly pressing for that narrative like a cuck would do. :lol

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 04:07 PM

He's at 5.8 3's per 36 min on 38 3FG. He's hit highs of .476 3FG and .493 3FG. Also, with semi-regular minutes he averaged 6.9 3FGA per 36 as a rookie. You and others have always made the erroneous case that he can't get his shot off. I do agree however he'd be well suited if he could have alternative shooting releases ala Curry.

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 04:09 PM
You're certainly pressing for that narrative like a cuck would do. :lolYou're playing out that narrative perfectly.

You'll keep trying to say you aren't.

lol white Jimmer fans

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 04:15 PM
You're playing out that narrative perfectly.

You'll keep trying to say you aren't.

lol white Jimmer fans

:lol Cuck keeps on cucking.

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 04:24 PM
:lol Cuck keeps on cucking.lol nonsensical buzzword use

Keep trying.

cd98
06-02-2018, 04:55 PM

That can be as much about playing time and role in an offense. He probably played a lot of garbage time where no one passes. I think his problem wasn’t shooting, that’s his best skill. I think he couldn’t run an offense or play defense. He was too one dimensional and I think he wanted to be a shooter off the dribble and not a spot up. But he doesn’t have the overall game to be a creator on the NBA stage.

cd98
06-02-2018, 04:56 PM
That said he’s got a great gig in China. No idea why he cares about the NBA. But if he ever makes the NBA, look out all star game with that China vote.

sasaint
06-02-2018, 05:14 PM
That said he’s got a great gig in China. No idea why he cares about the NBA. But if he ever makes the NBA, look out all star game with that China vote.

Perfect. That might just be the silver lining. If Jimmer were voted to the ASG, maybe then the NBA would ditch the stupid circus.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 05:25 PM
That can be as much about playing time and role in an offense. He probably played a lot of garbage time where no one passes. I think his problem wasn’t shooting, that’s his best skill. I think he couldn’t run an offense or play defense. He was too one dimensional and I think he wanted to be a shooter off the dribble and not a spot up. But he doesn’t have the overall game to be a creator on the NBA stage.

Nobody has watched Jimmer as much as me. He is a good to great offensive player in all aspects. All his issues are defensive. It's a mental disease that people have to want to speculate about issues on offense.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 05:27 PM

Perfect. That might just be the silver lining. If Jimmer were voted to the ASG, maybe then the NBA would ditch the stupid circus.

2010 called. They want their easy target back. The NBA made the fan vote count as 1/5th a couple years back, essentially counting the fan vote for jack sh**. If you're casting a fan vote, you're basically saying you have absolutely nothing to do with your time.

sasaint
06-02-2018, 05:31 PM
2010 called. They want their easy target back. The NBA made the fan vote count as 1/5th a couple years back, essentially counting the fan vote for jack sh**. If you're casting a fan vote, you're basically saying you have absolutely nothing to do with your time.

I wouldn't dream of watching the circus, much less voting for participants.

Chinook
06-02-2018, 05:40 PM

It wasn't about playing time. We went over this way back when he was signed. He needs crazy spacing to get his shot off. He can sort of get it one on one. But he's useless off the ball because the D can recover to him easily.

Chinook
06-02-2018, 05:43 PM
He's at 5.8 3's per 36 min on 38 3FG. He's hit highs of .476 3FG and .493 3FG. Also, with semi-regular minutes he averaged 6.9 3FGA per 36 as a rookie. You and others have always made the erroneous case that he can't get his shot off. I do agree however he'd be well suited if he could have alternative shooting releases ala Curry.

:lol erroneous even though I showed evidence and correctly predicted how he'd look in games. Seven FGA per 36 is stupid low for a shoot-first player.

Chinook
06-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Lol ok. Go back to saying plus minus is relative to ind performance

Lemme ask you man: Could you beat Jimmer one on one?

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 05:56 PM
:lol erroneous even though I showed evidence and correctly predicted how he'd look in games. Seven FGA per 36 is stupid low for a shoot-first player.

Seven 3FGA, not FGA. And it's well higher than what Step Curry average in any of his first three seasons.

Chris
06-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Better than Porker.

tholdren
06-02-2018, 08:22 PM
Lemme ask you man: Could you beat Jimmer one on one?
Possibly. Winners outs. I would back him down every time. But if he got the ball and on a streak then no. I would say it would be easier to beat curry 1v1 under the same pretense. Hes about a buck 65? Your wife weighs more than he does.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Better than Porker.

I called it at the time, Jimmer would've been a better starter than Parker. I was not wrong.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Possibly. Winners outs. I would back him down every time. But if he got the ball and on a streak then no. I would say it would be easier to beat curry 1v1 under the same pretense. Hes about a buck 65? Your wife weighs more than he does.

You would lose every time. Come to terms.

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 08:30 PM
You would lose every time. Come to terms.I'm not sure. They're both white so it's basically even.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure. They're both white so it's basically even.

Still cucking it up.

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Still cucking it up.Still trying with the buzzword.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Still trying with the buzzword.

You're the one stuck on your lame schtick. Sad but par.

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 08:51 PM
You're the one stuck on your lame schtick. Sad but par.Your shtick is pimping Jimmer-- which is totally sad but at least you found some white friends in this thread.

https://dynaimage.cdn.cnn.com/cnn/c_fill,g_auto,w_1200,h_675,ar_16:9/https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets %2F170812092920-03-charlottesville-white-supremacists-0811-restricted.jpg

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Your shtick is pimping Jimmer-- which is totally sad but at least you found some white friends in this thread.

The obvious retort is to find your antifa friends and post the pic. But honestly, your schtick ain't bothering me. If you like to be a cuck, that's your thing. :lol

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 08:59 PM
The obvious retort is to find your antifa friends and post the pic. But honestly, your schtick ain't bothering me. If you like to be a cuck, that's your thing. :lol
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/897357916168003584/q0egb7xg_400x400.jpg

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 09:01 PM
Wow, you really have issues.

cd98
06-02-2018, 09:34 PM
I called it at the time, Jimmer would've been a better starter than Parker. I was not wrong.

Whoa? Please. Parker is an all-time great. If Jimmer were half as good as Parker he’d be on an NBA roster right now.

ElNono
06-02-2018, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't want him even if we're tanking. Nothing exciting about watching a white unathletic guy chuck 28 FGA while losing games, tbh...

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Whoa? Please. Parker is an all-time great. If Jimmer were half as good as Parker he’d be on an NBA roster right now.

Kevin McHale is an all-time great. It doesn't mean he should be our starting power forward. And Parker isn't wanted by a lot of teams if any outside of the Spurs, tbh. Not sure the Spurs really even want him, tbh.

Pavlov
06-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Kevin McHale is an all-time great. It doesn't mean he should be our starting power forward. And Parker isn't wanted by a lot of teams if any outside of the Spurs, tbh. Not sure the Spurs really even want him, tbh.No NBA team has wanted Jimmer for years.

cd98
06-02-2018, 11:14 PM
Kevin McHale is an all-time great. It doesn't mean he should be our starting power forward. And Parker isn't wanted by a lot of teams if any outside of the Spurs, tbh. Not sure the Spurs really even want him, tbh.

Maybe this season coming off a major injury. But when Jimmer was in Spurs training camp, that wasn’t the case. Now, I don’t know.

cd98
06-02-2018, 11:18 PM

Seriously, Jimmer may not be NBA material, but he would destroy you one on one. He’s in the top 1% of basketball players. He dominated in college, the D League, and overseas. He may not be able to guard on an NBA level, but that doesn’t mean he can’t guard on the lower levels. No need to be irrational.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 11:24 PM
Maybe this season coming off a major injury. But when Jimmer was in Spurs training camp, that wasn’t the case. Now, I don’t know.

Jimmer was much more potent offensively and really no worse than Parker defensively.

cd98
06-02-2018, 11:34 PM
Jimmer was much more potent offensively and really no worse than Parker defensively.

Whoa? Come on. Parker is one of the greatest finishing guards in the NBA. He was a one man fast break with his speed. Please stop this nonsense. Jimmer never made an NBA rotation in three tries. Parker has 4 rings. There really is no comparison.

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 11:35 PM
Whoa? Come on. Parker is one of the greatest finishing guards in the NBA. He was a one man fast break with his speed. Please stop this nonsense. Jimmer never made an NBA rotation in three tries. Parker has 4 rings. There really is no comparison.

I don't need his resume to know that by 2016 Parker had lost a step. Geez your arguments suck.

Pavlov
06-03-2018, 12:05 AM
But no NBA team wants Jimmer.

lmbebo
06-03-2018, 12:08 AM
Jimmer couldn't adapt to the NBA game. He's only able to play the focus of the offense, ball in his hands, getting 15-20+ shots a game. He couldn't adapt to being a role player in the NBA. Don't think playing overseas has helped get there at all.

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 02:37 AM
I wouldn't want him even if we're tanking. Nothing exciting about watching a white unathletic guy chuck 28 FGA while losing games, tbh...

You already watch Patty chucking, leading the team in minutes. :lol

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 02:39 AM
Jimmer couldn't adapt to the NBA game. He's only able to play the focus of the offense, ball in his hands, getting 15-20+ shots a game. He couldn't adapt to being a role player in the NBA. Don't think playing overseas has helped get there at all.

That's the allegation many (uninformed persons) like to make. Jimmer can very much adapt to being a role player. What he cannot seem to adapt to is being an end of the bench guy, which is why he has said he will only return under the right circumstances.

Pavlov
06-03-2018, 02:55 AM
That's the allegation many (uninformed persons) like to make. Jimmer can very much adapt to being a role player. What he cannot seem to adapt to is being an end of the bench guy, which is why he has said he will only return under the right circumstances.Then he will never return.

He's just not that good.

cd98
06-03-2018, 07:09 AM
I don't need his resume to know that by 2016 Parker had lost a step. Geez your arguments suck.

Jimmer never had a step to lose.

Phenomanul
06-03-2018, 09:35 AM
He doesn't have to prove he is better than Parker - He's better than Bryn Forbes... and that is more than good enough for me (considering how much Forbes' decision-making irritates me).

lmbebo
06-03-2018, 10:09 AM
That's the allegation many (uninformed persons) like to make. Jimmer can very much adapt to being a role player. What he cannot seem to adapt to is being an end of the bench guy, which is why he has said he will only return under the right circumstances.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/nba-coach-blasts-fredette-jimmer-thinks-everybody-stupid

What happened? Michael Lee of Yahoo Sports spoke to scouts and his former coaches and got a frank assessment (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-jimmer-fredette-has-been-such-a-big-bust-in-the-nba-023311779.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=ma) of a guy not willing to adapt his game...
“Jimmer thinks everybody is stupid,” said an NBA assistant who worked with Fredette. “He thinks everybody needs to come and just turn over their offense and let him shoot it anytime he wants. That’s not how the league works…”

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 12:09 PM
Jimmer never had a step to lose.

Dude drops 30's like it's nothing. Parker ain't doing that.

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 12:21 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/nba-coach-blasts-fredette-jimmer-thinks-everybody-stupid

What happened? Michael Lee of Yahoo Sports spoke to scouts and his former coaches and got a frank assessment (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-jimmer-fredette-has-been-such-a-big-bust-in-the-nba-023311779.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=ma) of a guy not willing to adapt his game...
“Jimmer thinks everybody is stupid,” said an NBA assistant who worked with Fredette. “He thinks everybody needs to come and just turn over their offense and let him shoot it anytime he wants. That’s not how the league works…”

I've already mocked that article in this thread. Try to keep up, bruh.

Pavlov
06-03-2018, 12:29 PM
I've already mocked that article in this thread. Try to keep up, bruh.You didn't really dispute it though.

The proof supporting the article is Jimmer's complete absence from the NBA.

dbestpro
06-03-2018, 12:45 PM
My question is, is he better than when he was here last and if he is better what is he better at? The NBA is moving further and further away from playing defense, so really shooting deep threes is all you need, to be an asset in today's NBA.

cd98
06-03-2018, 04:29 PM
Dude drops 30's like it's nothing. Parker ain't doing that.

Parker could do that in China. Parker has done that in the NBA. Jimmer has not.

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 04:54 PM

Not consistently.

Pavlov
06-03-2018, 05:30 PM
An undrafted Division II nobody can do that in China.

But that guy's black....

lol

ElNono
06-03-2018, 05:50 PM
You already watch Patty chucking, leading the team in minutes. :lol

Patty averaged 8 FGA per game.... not 28...

ElNono
06-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Dropping '30's like it's nothing' on 28 FGA is terrible.

tholdren
06-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Jimmer is better than murray and pau

Pavlov
06-03-2018, 08:04 PM
Then it's settled.

Sign Darius Adams.

Chinook
06-03-2018, 08:13 PM

At speaking Mandarin, maybe.

tholdren
06-03-2018, 08:21 PM
At speaking Mandarin, maybe.

No at basketball in china or the nba. Pau and murray are terrible. Trying to defend either shows your lack of talent eval. Stick to contracts

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 08:25 PM
Patty averaged 8 FGA per game.... not 28...

But all those missed open threes. Eeesh.

Chinook
06-03-2018, 08:31 PM
No at basketball in china or the nba. Pau and murray are terrible. Trying to defend either shows your lack of talent eval. Stick to contracts

Nah, I'm pretty sure you mean at speaking Mandarin. I bet he knows where a lot of great restaurants are over there too.

tholdren
06-03-2018, 08:53 PM
Nah, I'm pretty sure you mean at speaking Mandarin. I bet he knows where a lot of great restaurants are over there too.

Im pretty sure your ability to understand what skilled players look like are worse than daboom and harlemheat. Dont make me dig up your gems regarding plus minus. Stick to contracts and cap.

Chinook
06-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Im pretty sure your ability to understand what skilled players look like are worse than daboom and harlemheat. Dont make me dig up your gems regarding plus minus. Stick to contracts and cap.

Can you speak Mandarin? Seems like you think that's where the good players are. I'm sure if you ask nicely, Jimmer will put you up for a couple of days.

tholdren
06-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Can you speak Mandarin? Seems like you think that's where the good players are. I'm sure if you ask nicely, Jimmer will put you up for a couple of days.

Stay in your lane plus minus king.

tholdren
06-03-2018, 09:37 PM

Nick young better plus minus than lebron. Lebron worst pm on team.... lbj must have been awful.... lol youre not smart when it comes to basketball

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 11:38 PM

Truth

Chinook
06-04-2018, 12:49 AM
Nick young better plus minus than lebron. Lebron worst pm on team.... lbj must have been awful.... lol youre not smart when it comes to basketball

I bet Jimmer has a great plus-minus in the CBA. He probably also makes more money over there than he would here.

tholdren
06-04-2018, 06:51 AM
I bet Jimmer has a great plus-minus in the CBA. He probably also makes more money over there than he would here.

Spurs have a pg that cant shoot dribble pass or run a cast break. He was drafted in rd 1. Hilarious.

FireMicoHalili
06-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Spurs cut him in favor of Ray McCallum and Rasual Butler (http://tv5.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/13940318/jimmer-fredette-waived-san-antonio-spurs (http://tv5.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/13940318/jimmer-fredette-waived-san-antonio-spurs)). Ray McCallum is out of the league and this is the guy who beat out Fredette for a spot. His release is too slow and he plays little to no defense. Deserves to stay in China. But hey if the Spurs are signing scrubs who do well in China the FO should probably get Blair as well.

tholdren
06-04-2018, 06:24 PM
Spurs cut him in favor of Ray McCallum and Rasual Butler (http://tv5.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/13940318/jimmer-fredette-waived-san-antonio-spurs (http://tv5.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/13940318/jimmer-fredette-waived-san-antonio-spurs)). Ray McCallum is out of the league and this is the guy who beat out Fredette for a spot. His release is too slow and he plays little to no defense. Deserves to stay in China. But hey if the Spurs are signing scrubs who do well in China the FO should probably get Blair as well.

Oh bc the fo has been stellar at picking up fa in the past 10 years... just because a team picks x instead of y doesnt mean y is worse than x.... look at pau, patty, mcdyess, hell nick young plays minutes in the finals as does jr smith. Are those guys even decent...? I dont think so, but those guys were chosen ahead of others.

JPB
06-05-2018, 04:47 AM
Is this thread real ? Jimmer Fredette ? BB geniuses making a genuine effort pimping a journeyman cut several times and no NBA team has wanted for 3 years (if ever).

Is Marbury available ?

Austin Daye maybe ?

dbestpro
06-05-2018, 08:25 AM

I have not seen anybody in the NBA play worse defense than Forbes this past season.

Dex
06-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Is this thread real ? Jimmer Fredette ? BB geniuses making a genuine effort pimping a journeyman cut several times and no NBA team has wanted for 3 years (if ever).

Is Marbury available ?

Austin Daye maybe ?

We also have a Dejuan Blair thread on the front page right now.

It's going to be a long offseason.

FireMicoHalili
06-05-2018, 12:26 PM
I have not seen anybody in the NBA play worse defense than Forbes this past season.
Literally? Watched every game? All 82, where you’ve seen every single defensive possession? Granted he may be as good or better than Forbes (Forbes, by the way, wasn’t cut by the Spurs), there just isn't any space for a small guard who can’t play defense.

FireMicoHalili
06-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Oh bc the fo has been stellar at picking up fa in the past 10 years... just because a team picks x instead of y doesnt mean y is worse than x.... look at pau, patty, mcdyess, hell nick young plays minutes in the finals as does jr smith. Are those guys even decent...? I dont think so, but those guys were chosen ahead of others.
Ahead of who exactly? For each of those guys, who were they selected over? Is Fredette even decent? If he were, he would have hung around even on the Nets. Every single team whiffed on him and for good reason: he’s just a white player who can make shots but plays zero defense and has zero passing for a position demanding that skill. Stroke is too slow and easily blocked. Demands the ball too much for a one-trick pony. Slow release, moderate speed, average passing skills. Not exactly a point guard anyone would like in this day and age.

rjv
06-05-2018, 02:26 PM
dude suffers from shrinkage issues.

szkorhetz
06-05-2018, 03:02 PM
OJ Mayo, on the other hand... :stirpot:

tholdren
06-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Ahead of who exactly? For each of those guys, who were they selected over? Is Fredette even decent? If he were, he would have hung around even on the Nets. Every single team whiffed on him and for good reason: he’s just a white player who can make shots but plays zero defense and has zero passing for a position demanding that skill. Stroke is too slow and easily blocked. Demands the ball too much for a one-trick pony. Slow release, moderate speed, average passing skills. Not exactly a point guard anyone would like in this day and age.

Wrong

Play Boban
06-07-2018, 10:17 PM

In your dreams, buttercup. :wakeup