PDA

View Full Version : NBA: What does the league office want?

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 08:51 PM
Was that Game 1 KD/LBJ charge/block reversal call their way of getting Lebron out of Cleveland and into a big market? In a vacuum, is KD/Warriors financially winning more beneficial to them than Lebron ringing for a fourth time? I honestly am trying to figure out why they would reverse a call and possibly take an NBA Finals from 6 or 7 games to 5 games?

Clipper Nation
06-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Warriors in 4. The NBA marketing machine is still too dependent on the myth of DK. They don't want the ring count gap between him and LeBron to get any narrower and make even the most casual vanilla fans have to admit that LeBron is the true GOAT.

lefty
06-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Was that Game 1 KD/LBJ charge/block reversal call their way of getting Lebron out of Cleveland and into a big market? In a vacuum, is KD/Warriors financially winning more beneficial to them than Lebron ringing for a fourth time? I honestly am trying to figure out why they would reverse a call and possibly take an NBA Finals from 6 or 7 games to 5 games?

Because they want LeBron to lose badly, forcing him to join a contender so we can have super long epic series between GSW and LeBron's new team.

Profit for the NBA

Spurtacular
06-02-2018, 10:02 PM
Because they want LeBron to lose badly, forcing him to join a contender so we can have super long epic series between GSW and LeBron's new team.

Profit for the NBA

Why would you pass up on a dollar today for the hope of one tomorrow?

Bynumite
06-02-2018, 11:18 PM
Lebron was gonna jump ship regardless, that's what he's been known to do when the going gets tough. Doesn't matter if it's a sweep or goes to 7. Your so called GOAT can't ring with no less than 2 all stars around him.

Plus, it was the correct call. For example, the no call on Lebron's last minute goaltend on Oladipo was a lot more egregious than this and that series was tied 2-2 going back to Indiana. Don't recall ST being this outraged at the time.

phxspurfan
06-02-2018, 11:57 PM
LeBron to the Rockettes

Fabbs
06-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Homosexual *champions.

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 12:51 AM
Lebron was gonna jump ship regardless, that's what he's been known to do when the going gets tough. Doesn't matter if it's a sweep or goes to 7. Your so called GOAT can't ring with no less than 2 all stars around him.

Plus, it was the correct call. For example, the no call on Lebron's last minute goaltend on Oladipo was a lot more egregious than this and that series was tied 2-2 going back to Indiana. Don't recall ST being this outraged at the time.

I made a thread on the Oladipo goaltend call, dude. So, it's fair to say I'm consistent. And honestly, I don't think the series is in the bag if Cleveland wins Game 1. Suddenly, there'd be a ton of pressure on a GS team that doesn't do well with pressure in Game 2.

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 02:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=VnRZD8tNMio

Othyus Lalanne
06-03-2018, 03:47 AM
Punishing the Cavs owner for supporting Trump?

Chillen
06-03-2018, 06:12 AM
Silver must have Warriors posters all over his walls, the NBA is just in love with the Warriors for whatever reason. I have no idea why fans would go pay for an NBA game if refs rigging it all for one team but people can be suckers. Watching the NBA these days is a huge waste of time if the NBA prefers one team over all the others.

I actually don't mind the relaxing feeling here, the 2013 and 2014 NBA finals I was totally glued to every second, every shot it was nerve wracking. Now I could care less if Warriorettes get another rigged championship from Silver.

06-03-2018, 09:25 AM
Dick Bavetta would have never reversed that call.

He knew the importance of how extending a series was best for business.

A possible Cleveland win in game 1 would have done just that.

ambchang
06-03-2018, 10:23 AM

Yeah, should have stayed with the small market team that drafted him instead of forcing a trade to a storied franchise .... oops wrong guy.

lefty
06-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Because people are getting tired of the same outcome.
LeBron superteam vs Warriors for the next few years is better than LeCavs vs Warriors rererererematch

Double-Up
06-03-2018, 11:13 AM

You've never invested in something I see.

Bynumite
06-03-2018, 11:24 AM
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/young-chinese-man-on-a-computer-picture-id110263511

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Because people are getting tired of the same outcome.
LeBron superteam vs Warriors for the next few years is better than LeCavs vs Warriors rererererematch

So, you think the ratings will go that much higher? That makes more sense; but I don't know if I buy it. How often does the NBA get to have a series of series for the NBA Finals? Next year would be who is going to go up 3-2 if the Cavs were to win this year. And the Durant vs. LBJ stuff would be the hottest thing since Bird vs. Magic.

Spurtacular
06-03-2018, 01:39 PM
You've never invested in something I see.

I have. That's why I know the value of immediate returns.

ambchang
06-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Anything wrong with that photo? Not getting what you’re getting at.