PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Kevin Durant knew he wanted to join Warriors before Hamptons meeting

JohnnyMax
06-03-2018, 03:24 PM
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250067/Kevin-Durant-Knew-He-Wanted-To-Join-Warriors-Before-Hamptons-Meeting

DMC
06-03-2018, 03:32 PM
You knew you wanted to felch them before that meeting as well.

ambchang
06-03-2018, 05:10 PM
:lol won a mvp but want validation from his peers.

How mentally weak can you get?

Was westchuck not giving you any respect?

spursistan
06-03-2018, 06:14 PM
I don't think another sport has seen a superstar who is faggot of this magnitude..:lol

Clipper Nation
06-03-2018, 06:19 PM
"At that time in my career, I didn't know how other people felt about my game. And I knew that I was pretty damn good and I knew I worked extremely hard, but I needed that validation from my peers and teams and GMs, people that are really into the game, to really help me feel good about myself and help me feel confident and let me know that what I was doing was working."

This has to be the softest statement ever made by a star athlete. Winning MVP wasn't enough validation for Durbeta, he needed to join the 73-win team that beat him too?

The most ironic thing is that now he'll never get validation. He can win a ring every year until he retires and still not be considered one of the greats, all because he joined this Warriors team.

RD2191
06-03-2018, 06:27 PM
"At that time in my career, I didn't know how other people felt about my game. And I knew that I was pretty damn good and I knew I worked extremely hard, but I needed that validation from my peers and teams and GMs, people that are really into the game, to really help me feel good about myself and help me feel confident and let me know that what I was doing was working."

This has to be the softest statement ever made by a star athlete. Winning MVP wasn't enough validation for Durbeta, he needed to join the 73-win team that beat him too?

The most ironic thing is that now he'll never get validation. He can win a ring every year until he retires and still not be considered one of the greats, all because he joined this Warriors team.

Yup, pretty much ruined his legacy. Sad thing is he probably rings sooner than later had he stayed in OKC.

Budkin
06-03-2018, 06:48 PM
He'll never get any respect, no matter how many titles he wins, no matter how many years go by. It's just the way it is.

Seventyniner
06-03-2018, 07:41 PM
Punchline of the article:

Durant: "You had me at hello."

tholdren
06-03-2018, 08:03 PM
He'll never get any respect, no matter how many titles he wins, no matter how many years go by. It's just the way it is.

He will. Nba fans are stupid.

K...
06-03-2018, 08:05 PM
He will. Nba fans are stupid.

nah lebron wins the era

Clipper Nation
06-03-2018, 08:09 PM

It's like Drake after Pusha ethered him. Durbeta will keep getting cheap rings, just like Drake will still get great streaming numbers, but nobody will respect either of them.

Ginobili2Duncan
06-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Durant joining the Warriors created a significant imbalance like none of which the NBA has seen before. Last year was the worst NBA season I’ve ever seen. What makes it funny is KD tells the fans that if they are NBA fans this is what you should want to watch. Lol, no Kevin real fans of the game don’t want to see non competitive series and lopsided games.

tholdren
06-03-2018, 08:26 PM
Durant joining the Warriors created a significant imbalance like none of which the NBA has seen before. Last year was the worst NBA season I’ve ever seen. What makes it funny is KD tells the fans that if they are NBA fans this is what you should want to watch. Lol, no Kevin real fans of the game don’t want to see non competitive series and lopsided games.

Lebron started this crybaby trash. Worst generation of basketball of all time.

Ginobili2Duncan
06-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Lebron started this crybaby trash. Worst generation of basketball of all time.
LeBron’s move didn’t create significant imbalance in the NBA. Had he joined the Celtics I’d agree with you.

tholdren
06-03-2018, 08:45 PM
LeBron’s move didn’t create significant imbalance in the NBA. Had he joined the Celtics I’d agree with you.

He made it completely acceptable to be considered the best without beating the best.

DJR210
06-03-2018, 08:56 PM
You knew you wanted to felch them before that meeting as well.

:lol

DJR210
06-03-2018, 08:56 PM
It's like Drake after Pusha ethered him. Durbeta will keep getting cheap rings, just like Drake will still get great streaming numbers, but nobody will respect either of them.

Drake has yet to respond :lol 40 took his in stride at least

Clipper Nation
06-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Drake has yet to respond :lol 40 took his in stride at least

Drake's probably having his ghostwriters remove all the fake tough guy lyrics he was going to spit on Scorpion as we speak. The album is now going to be 100% simp shit.

HI-FI
06-03-2018, 09:10 PM
I don't think another sport has seen a superstar who is faggot of this magnitude..:lol
I can’t think of one. I don’t think he gets called out enough in the MSM because he still generates a lot of shekels for the league. If MJ went to the Pistons or Lebron to the Celtics, how many epic playoff series would’ve never happened. So long term this faggotry can’t be good for the league.

tholdren
06-03-2018, 09:12 PM
I can’t think of one. I don’t think he gets called out enough in the MSM because he still generates a lot of shekels for the league. If MJ went to the Pistons or Lebron to the Celtics, how many epic playoff series would’ve never happened. So long term this faggotry can’t be good for the league.

Lbj started it

DJR210
06-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Drake's probably having his ghostwriters remove all the fake tough guy lyrics he was going to spit on Scorpion as we speak. The album is now going to be 100% simp shit.

Yeah apparently this last round was too much for Quentin.. I don't think I've ever seen a rap beef that resulted in one rapper having to do an official press release to set the record straight during the beef. How faggoty is that :lol

K...
06-03-2018, 11:02 PM
Lbj started it

Two wrongs don't make a right. And lebron went back to the Cavs after 2-2 with Miami and delivered to the land. If Durant leaves and goes to Washington to win he will earn respect. But if he stays in gsw he's tainted

Clipper Nation
06-03-2018, 11:11 PM
Yeah apparently this last round was too much for Quentin.. I don't think I've ever seen a rap beef that resulted in one rapper having to do an official press release to set the record straight during the beef. How faggoty is that :lol

It's just comical, especially after he dissed Meek for his "Twitter fingers" - as if iPhone Notes app fingers are any better.

The Gemini Method
06-04-2018, 04:19 PM
You know it's a boring series when you got jokers comparing the merits of a beef between Drake and Pusha T beef. Both aren't even worth dignifying.

djohn2oo8
06-04-2018, 04:21 PM
You know it's a boring series when you got jokers comparing the merits of a beef between Drake and Pusha T beef. Both aren't even worth dignifying.

:lmao true

Killakobe81
06-04-2018, 04:26 PM

The reason that this resonated:

Most modern-day rap beefs are all subliminals no diss songs ... we got 2.5 (infared is the .5)
Drake has a big fann base but a lot of detractors
The poets in the game hate Drake for ghostwriting
Drake's women fans are defending Aubrey
Pusha actually set this fool up to get pub for his release and Drake actually fell for it ...

The Gemini Method
06-04-2018, 04:42 PM
The reason that this resonated:

Most modern-day rap beefs are all subliminals no diss songs ... we got 2.5 (infared is the .5)
Drake has a big fann base but a lot of detractors
The poets in the game hate Drake for ghostwriting
Drake's women fans are defending Aubrey
Pusha actually set this fool up to get pub for his release and Drake actually fell for it ...

Like complete saturation. I mean you can go back to K.Dot's track where he calls out all the modern day rappers. It set up like a thousand responses and clap backs that it is manufactured to a certain degree. Perhaps it's waxing for the days when you can go back to the days of Ice Cube beefing with NWA and Pac/Biggie. We didn't have a show me advancement in technology so the myth of oh man, the West-East beef might mean something real might happen. Though, in retrospect it did and all that juvenile death threats did come to fruition. It seems all petty and like you said, It sets up a curiosity that will propel Drake's album to sell. Call him what you want. 100% of the detractors would flip the script and take Drake's lane in life over what they've got. Including me. Hell, I'd take Pusha's lane. I'd try and diverge from talking about coke selling all the time, but still it's a whole lot of nothing to really talk about.