PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green with new comments about Kawhi (SA Express)

Amuseddaysleeper
06-04-2018, 08:51 AM
https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nation/amp/Off-Topic-Danny-Green-12962905.php?__twitter_impression=true

You made headlines after saying Kawhi Leonard told you he wanted to be back with the Spurs. Can you elaborate?

I just put out what I know, and that’s not much. I talk to (Leonard) as much as I can, but I don’t talk to him that much as a whole. He stresses the same thing to me as he stresses to (the media). There is no news. He says he wants to be a Spur and retire there. He said that to you. He’s expressed that. When I talked to him, he says he’s been with us, he’s always on board with us and (wanted) to be a part of what we did, and he’s trying to get right. But things may change.

SAGirl
06-04-2018, 08:59 AM
"I talk to (Leonard) as much as I can, but I don’t talk to him that much as a whole. "

Wow. That's from a friend of his of many seasons and someone who actively makes an effort to talk to him.

exstatic
06-04-2018, 09:00 AM
Cue Yanaguana and 2k5 for damage control.

spursparker9
06-04-2018, 09:02 AM
With or without Kawhi, still no way to beat warriors

duncan2k5
06-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Sounds about expected... Kawhi wants to be here... FO needs to not f*ck this up

Brazil
06-04-2018, 09:18 AM
:cry but things may change

:lol

Dverde
06-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Danny probably counts him texting Kawhi stuff and it says “read” as a conversation.

cd98
06-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Sounds about expected... Kawhi wants to be here... FO needs to not f*ck this up

I appreciate your rose-colored glasses. And hopefully Kawhi is 100% healthy and he wants to re-sign. But you posters jumped all over Danny's comments. What's clear is that he thinks Kawhi may want to return, but he knows there is conditions on both sides and it's just as likely that Kawhi leaves as he stays come the deadline. No one here or in the organization outside of the top people and Kawhi and his people know what is going on and we won't have any idea until the draft and July. Then we'll know. Maybe the front office screwed up or maybe Kawhi is still injured or his people are so unreliable that the Spurs can't risk giving up 35% of their salary cap space to a question mark. It maybe that the front office would screw up by super maxing him.

TheGreatYacht
06-04-2018, 09:45 AM
He's as useless as his game. All signs lead to this bum opting in. Disgusting.

BackHome
06-04-2018, 11:50 AM
No fucking way do I offer him a Super Max deal or even a Max deal for that matter.

rjv
06-04-2018, 12:21 PM
per ST procedure, every word of green's will be analyzed more than a Shakespearean sonnet gets analyzed by a English phD candidate working on a dissertation.

Chucho
06-04-2018, 12:24 PM
per ST procedure, every word of green's will be analyzed more than a Shakespearean sonnet gets analyzed by a English phD candidate working on a dissertation.

...which is still better than douches and their "my sources" threads.

phxspurfan
06-04-2018, 12:37 PM
With or without Kawhi, still no way to beat warriors

just start our own Process and wait out the next 7 years of NBA nuclear winter

itzsoweezee
06-04-2018, 12:57 PM
This kind of confirms my suspicions that most of this drama is being purposefully generated by the Spurs.

The Spurs don't want to give him a super max because of injury concerns, so they're making it seem like Kawhi wants out of SA to encourage other teams to trade for Kawhi.

It all makes sense now. Why else would they tell Kawhi to stay away from the team?

K...
06-04-2018, 01:12 PM
This kind of confirms my suspicions that most of this drama is being purposefully generated by the Spurs.

The Spurs don't want to give him a super max because of injury concerns, so they're making it seem like Kawhi wants out of SA to encourage other teams to trade for Kawhi.

It all makes sense now. Why else would they tell Kawhi to stay away from the team?

No that type of nonsense would kill them from a reputational standpoint. Look at the hot water colangelo is in to compare.

Other teams and ESPN have every reason to stir the pot to try and get kawhi out of San Antonio

RD2191
06-04-2018, 01:46 PM
"I talk to (Leonard) as much as I can, but I don’t talk to him that much as a whole. "

Wow. That's from a friend of his of many seasons and someone who actively makes an effort to talk to him.

What's your point?

DPG21920
06-04-2018, 01:54 PM
What's your point?

That people who claimed Kawhi kept certain teammates in the loop where not correct. That casts some more light onto the Kawhi situation since many people assumed it was just TP/Manu that Kawhi didn’t really communicate with hence the player only meeting.

It was not just TP/Manu though - it was the entire team in the dark.

coachmac87
06-04-2018, 01:55 PM

Because him being around was more of a distraction. They called a meeting to see if and when Kawhi would be back and they wanted to hear it from his mouth...

He couldn’t give them an answer or why so instead of just being around and having the media cloud it was best for him to leave..The Spurs then put it on Kawhi and his group to answer the questions..in which we heard crickets

Amuseddaysleeper
06-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Kawhi is gone

duncan2k5
06-04-2018, 02:09 PM
That people who claimed Kawhi kept certain teammates in the loop where not correct. That casts some more light onto the Kawhi situation since many people assumed it was just TP/Manu that Kawhi didn’t really communicate with hence the player only meeting.

U guys are overblowing this... U make it seem like Danny is running behind Kawhi... These are grown men with their own lives... Im sure he rarely hits Kawhi up... And the times he does, Kawhi answers... But these are teammates... Not reporters... They aren't gonna ask Kawhi the same thing every single time they talk... Calm down

TimDunkem
06-04-2018, 02:21 PM

:lmao At anyone who thinks Kawhi has a meaningful relationship with anyone on the team.

hater
06-04-2018, 02:24 PM
:lmao Danny Green already mving the goalpost :lol

TimDunkem
06-04-2018, 02:24 PM
It's been obvious since the beginning. Does everyone forget all the quotes over the years about him literally not speaking to anyone? Not just off the court but on the bench too.

Kawhi not talking to anyone is something we've known for a long time.

spursistan
06-04-2018, 03:27 PM
:lmao At anyone who thinks Kawhi has a meaningful relationship with anyone on the team.
tbh :lol.

The guy has an weirdo-aloofness about him that makes you question his mental state. He is like completely oblivious or unaware to the fact that he is part of a "team sport" .

rjv
06-04-2018, 04:09 PM
U guys are overblowing this... U make it seem like Danny is running behind Kawhi... These are grown men with their own lives... Im sure he rarely hits Kawhi up... And the times he does, Kawhi answers... But these are teammates... Not reporters... They aren't gonna ask Kawhi the same thing every single time they talk... Calm down

ST? overblow things? nah...

coachmac87
06-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Kawhi is gone

Cliff jumper...

Just unplug your computer and go play outside

dabom
06-04-2018, 04:40 PM
ST? overblow things? nah...

Like street hookers. :lol

phxspurfan
06-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Other teams and ESPN have every reason to stir the pot to try and get kawhi out of San Antonio

This.

Once the media / other teams smell blood, they speculate / go after a player to try to pry him away. They did it with countless other players (Paul George, CP3, Blake Griffin, LeBron now). People know how good Kawhi is and would try to get him for cheap. And Kawhi's uncle is one stupid mofo

SAGirl
06-04-2018, 04:52 PM
...which is still better than douches and their "my sources" threads.
or trolls that only post to criticize what others post and never contribute any opinions of their own.

SAGirl
06-04-2018, 04:54 PM
it's the offseason and no other reason to stop by this site, otherwise why show up here at all.. unless you are tholdren or actually care about guys thoughts on trump and politics or race. (I don't).

SAGirl
06-04-2018, 04:57 PM
You are making that up.

coachmac87
06-04-2018, 04:57 PM
This.

Once the media / other teams smell blood, they speculate / go after a player to try to pry him away. They did it with countless other players (Paul George, CP3, Blake Griffin, LeBron now). People know how good Kawhi is and would try to get him for cheap. And Kawhi's uncle is one stupid mofo

75% of all media talking heads said the Spurs were his best “winning” option before they decided to run with controversy story with Kawhi/ Spurs

Broussard, Cris Carter, Skip, Jackson, Kellerman, Smith all at one point said Spurs would be his best shot at beating GSW. And it’s alllll because of Kawhi.

Windhorst said it..Kawhi-LeBron are connected this summer..not maybe as teammates but where they end up could change the landscape of the entire league

SAGirl
06-04-2018, 04:59 PM
What's your point?
there's multiple inferences that you can make on your own.

phxspurfan
06-04-2018, 05:05 PM
75% of all media talking heads said the Spurs were his best “winning” option before they decided to run with controversy story with Kawhi/ Spurs

Broussard, Cris Carter, Skip, Jackson, Kellerman, Smith all at one point said Spurs would be his best shot at beating GSW. And it’s alllll because of Kawhi.

Windhorst said it..Kawhi-LeBron are connected this summer..not maybe as teammates but where they end up could change the landscape of the entire league

It's a small story at this point, and the media likes hyping up small stories that have the potential to be huge/sensational. Even better if because of their hype, small stories become big, sensational ones (because they "broke" the stories lol).

Chucho
06-04-2018, 05:06 PM
or trolls that only post to criticize what others post and never contribute any opinions of their own.

...and that's nowhere near as bad as beating dead horses that absolutely add noting but take server space.

coachmac87
06-04-2018, 05:11 PM
It's a small story at this point, and the media likes hyping up small stories that have the potential to be huge/sensational. Even better if because of their hype, small stories become big, sensational ones (because they "broke" the stories lol).

It’s not a story or consideration cause Kawhi status is up in the air..but once that domino falls things will heat up quick. If Kawhi stays in SA it comes down to Houston or SA..

If Kawhi leaves anything is up in the air..

rjv
06-04-2018, 06:08 PM

i don't mind original opinions or even rehashed educated ones but bullshit disguised as an opinion is still bullshit, and there's way too much of that on ST (in other words, what ST offers too much of are narratives that steer these 'opinions'). now, does that mean that i should spend my time in the political wing? not if i kind find the occasional good link or well-articulated opinion, which does come out from some posters on a consistent enough basis to justify a few visits per week. unfortunately, they are in the minority.

tholdren
06-04-2018, 06:19 PM

I prefer the trolls to those who actually think the nba is full of talent.

dabom
06-04-2018, 06:19 PM
i don't mind original opinions or even rehashed educated ones but bullshit disguised as an opinion is still bullshit, and there's way too much of that on ST (in other words, what ST offers too much of are narratives that steer these 'opinions'). now, does that mean that i should spend my time in the political wing? not if i kind find the occasional good link or well-articulated opinion, which does come out from some posters on a consistent enough basis to justify a few visits per week. unfortunately, they are in the minority.

You're replying to a troll dude. :lol

Chucho
06-04-2018, 06:21 PM
You're replying to a troll dude. :lol

SAGirl is a dude?

dabom
06-04-2018, 06:23 PM
SAGirl is a dude?

Adam's apple and everything.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-04-2018, 06:36 PM
on related news, Harden announced he's joining GS next season

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Kawhi will be back on the Spurs next season. My guess is he'll sign a new deal here soon.

dabom
06-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Kawhi will be back on the Spurs next season. My guess is he'll sign a new deal here soon.

"But what about his uncle?" manu4tres

Amuseddaysleeper
06-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Cliff jumper...

Just unplug your computer and go play outside

Can I take my laptop with me?

Amuseddaysleeper
06-04-2018, 09:05 PM

Feels like the longer this goes, the more nervous the situation becomes.

But maybe Pop needs more time to grieve and they weren't going to get back to the table till July anyway.

BackHome
06-04-2018, 10:04 PM
My guess Pop will have a talk with Kawhi and his camp about a week before the draft. Pop not going to sugar coat anything in the end I think they agree to part ways and he gets traded.

CGD
06-04-2018, 10:21 PM
Feels like the longer this goes, the more nervous the situation becomes.

But maybe Pop needs more time to grieve and they weren't going to get back to the table till July anyway.

I don’t know man, starting to think the best thing for both sides is for Leonard to stick it out next year, and figure out the future later. Because Leonard has a lot of power on where he will extend, there aren’t many trade packages that seem appealing heading into the draft.

We’re really talking about Cs, Sixers, and Clippers heading into the draft. Cavs are hamstrung until they know about James’s postion which will be after the drafts. The Cs and Sixers will lowball the Spurs, and the Clips have an underwhelming best offer of Harris and their two late firsts.

FkLA
06-04-2018, 10:42 PM

Not really. I don't get why anyone would think he and LDN are BFFs. Kawhi is a known recluse.

I think the people he is "closer" to are the more outgoing players on the team (Green and Paddy) since they are more likely to initiate conversations with him. Players like LMA, who is pretty laid back himself, probably hardly speak to him outside of practice/games.

duncan2k5
06-05-2018, 12:37 AM
Not really. I don't get why anyone would think he and LDN are BFFs. Kawhi is a known recluse.

I think the people he is "closer" to are the more outgoing players on the team (Green and Paddy) since they are more likely to initiate conversations with him. Players like LMA, who is pretty laid back himself, probably hardly speak to him outside of practice/games.

Exactly... This isn't high school... These are grown men.... Lolol... They aren't texting and calling each other every day... They have enough on their plates just dealing with their families and friends

exstatic
06-05-2018, 12:43 AM
I don’t know man, starting to think the best thing for both sides is for Leonard to stick it out next year, and figure out the future later. Because Leonard has a lot of power on where he will extend, there aren’t many trade packages that seem appealing heading into the draft.

We’re really talking about Cs, Sixers, and Clippers heading into the draft. Cavs are hamstrung until they know about James’s postion which will be after the drafts. The Cs and Sixers will lowball the Spurs, and the Clips have an underwhelming best offer of Harris and their two late firsts.

Neither the Cs or Sixers will want to see the other get him. They would have to collaborate to keep the price down, and they won’t. The Clippers picks aren’t late first rounders. They’re both in the lottery, and higher picks than the one used to select Kawhi. You get nothing if he plays here next year. He’ll walk for sure. There is no longer an advantage for the player to do a sign and trade. Bird rights are no longer even conveyed on such a trade.

szkorhetz
06-05-2018, 01:47 AM
It’s not a story or consideration cause Kawhi status is up in the air..but once that domino falls things will heat up quick. If Kawhi stays in SA it comes down to Houston or SA..

If Kawhi leaves anything is up in the air..
Full specualtion. I think he will stay in Cleveland, and I actually think he prefers both Boston and Philly above Spurs or Houston simply because of GSW's dominance.
I would love to get him here, but the chances are slim. Very slim.

duncan2k5
06-05-2018, 04:45 AM
Full specualtion. I think he will stay in Cleveland, and I actually think he prefers both Boston and Philly above Spurs or Houston simply because of GSW's dominance.

No way in hell he goes to Boston... Not in a billion years... It's SA, HOU, Phil in that order

Chillen
06-05-2018, 05:01 AM
No way in hell he goes to Boston... Not in a billion years... It's SA, HOU, Phil in that order

Boston makes the most sense if he wants to keep that NBA Finals streak going. If hes on the 76ers or stays with Cavs Boston still has enough to beat them in a 7 game series if they are healthy. If he can call Kyrie and they can work it out it's his best chance to knock off the Warriors next season. He would have to take less to keep the roster deep though and their main players together (Horford, Irving, Tatum, Hayward, etc). I don't see it happening because Irving is there but I would not put it past Danny Ainge to trade Irving back to Cavs in a sign and trade for James and sign Cousins or Paul George. I kind of like that it makes the East deeper, Toronto, Boston, Cavs, 76ers. I don't see it though even if it makes the most sense because LeBron seems to have a beef with anything Boston (one of the reasons he went to Miami Heat).

I'd say you are correct, Spurs, Rockets or 76ers.

cutewizard
06-05-2018, 05:24 AM
:bobo

szkorhetz
06-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Boston makes the most sense if he wants to keep that NBA Finals streak going. If hes on the 76ers or stays with Cavs Boston still has enough to beat them in a 7 game series if they are healthy. If he can call Kyrie and they can work it out it's his best chance to knock off the Warriors next season. He would have to take less to keep the roster deep though and their main players together (Horford, Irving, Tatum, Hayward, etc). I don't see it happening because Irving is there but I would not put it past Danny Ainge to trade Irving back to Cavs in a sign and trade for James and sign Cousins or Paul George. I kind of like that it makes the East deeper, Toronto, Boston, Cavs, 76ers. I don't see it though even if it makes the most sense because LeBron seems to have a beef with anything Boston (one of the reasons he went to Miami Heat).

I'd say you are correct, Spurs, Rockets or 76ers.
You guys are fully delusional. What can we offer? Our so-called FP played like 6 games last year, and is away from the team since then. Or coach is old, stubborn and can't adjust to the modern NBA anymore. Our starting center is 37 years old and can't play in the modern age NBA. The rest of the roster is either too young to compete or old as dust, can't shoot or too short. Other than LMA, what can we offer? Be honest guys, would you choose SA over Philly? Over Houston or even the Cavs? This team would be pretty good in the late 90's, eary 00's but not anymore.

YGWHI
06-05-2018, 08:04 AM

I didn't hear a single guy saying that Kawhi was talking about his injury, rehab, future...about everthing with his teammates.

But it's stupid to ignore that he was in touch with some of them like Danny, DJ, Rudy, Brandon.

Danny talked about Kawhi's setbacks and when his injury got worse, he also said that Kawhi told him he wanted to stay in SA... Rudy talked with him about the time of rehab, send him photos, etc...

Unlike those guys, TP/Manu never said a word about staying in contact with him, calling Kawhi or vice versa.

Like it or not, it's pretty obvious that there is a reason why Kawhi talked with teammates during all regular season but TP/Manu.

Also, why would we deny that Kawhi called teammates when Danny and Rudy say they already talked with him?

CGD
06-05-2018, 08:30 AM
Neither the Cs or Sixers will want to see the other get him. They would have to collaborate to keep the price down, and they won’t. The Clippers picks aren’t late first rounders. They’re both in the lottery, and higher picks than the one used to select Kawhi. You get nothing if he plays here next year. He’ll walk for sure. There is no longer an advantage for the player to do a sign and trade. Bird rights are no longer even conveyed on such a trade.

Youre right about Clips- I meant to say late lotto. That and a non-cost controlled Harris is not a good return.

I really think Cs will way overvalue Tatum and Brown (not completey unreasonably) and feel they dont really need Leonard if it means giving up one of those.

That only leaves the Sixers. They have the assets THIS year (looking at their assets beyond this year they don’t have anything) which could be interesting. It will a package around Fultz and 10 be good enough? What if they can get George instead?

Point being, I think as spurs fans we overstate our leverage here. Had Cs lost to Philly or had a shitty showing against the Cavs, we’d be in a different place.

YGWHI
06-05-2018, 08:31 AM
My guess Pop will have a talk with Kawhi and his camp about a week before the draft. Pop not going to sugar coat anything in the end I think they agree to part ways and he gets traded.

It's sad that this time Pop doesn't want to make things work like he did with Tim before FA or with LMA last offseason. Sure, the situation is different but nothing that Pop couldn't fix...

I guess his lost accelerate the process, he isn't getting younger and he seemed very tired during the season. Who knows but I'm under the impression that five years ago he could have dealt with this.

YGWHI
06-05-2018, 08:35 AM
What if they can get George instead?
Kawhi is way better than him but I guess this is a factor to take into account...Clippers and Sixers could get a FA like Paul George without all the drama of trade-talks.

YGWHI
06-05-2018, 08:47 AM
I appreciate your rose-colored glasses. And hopefully Kawhi is 100% healthy and he wants to re-sign. But you posters jumped all over Danny's comments. What's clear is that he thinks Kawhi may want to return, but he knows there is conditions on both sides and it's just as likely that Kawhi leaves as he stays come the deadline. No one here or in the organization outside of the top people and Kawhi and his people know what is going on and we won't have any idea until the draft and July. Then we'll know. Maybe the front office screwed up or maybe Kawhi is still injured or his people are so unreliable that the Spurs can't risk giving up 35% of their salary cap space to a question mark. It maybe that the front office would screw up by super maxing him.

What's clear is that Kawhi told Danny he wants to stay. That's what Danny Green said.

Obviously, things can change, if he doesn't get a supermax contract, the Spurs will trade him. But Danny can't know how things would end, he just talked about what Kawhi told him.

However, wanting to stay is still very telling.

coachmac87
06-05-2018, 08:59 AM

Everything is speculation. But I’m just referring to one of LeBrons closest sources...and I don’t see how Kawhi/LeBron are not tied to each other in a way. Where one goes could easily influence the other.

Why would LeBron stay in Cleveland? The media controls the narrative and they pretty much have said it’s ok for him to leave lol

coachmac87
06-05-2018, 09:03 AM
What's clear is that Kawhi told Danny he wants to stay. That's what Danny Green said.

Obviously, things can change, if he doesn't get a supermax contract, the Spurs will trade him. But Danny can't know how things would end, he just talked about what Kawhi told him.

However, wanting to stay is still very telling.

Danny seemed pretty confident (sarcasm)...I mean he said what he said but when he was asked again he kinda gave himself an out. Obviously I hope it’s true but I wouldn’t put so much stock into it....

dbestpro
06-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Everything is speculation. But I’m just referring to one of LeBrons closest sources...and I don’t see how Kawhi/LeBron are not tied to each other in a way. Where one goes could easily influence the other.

Why would LeBron stay in Cleveland? The media controls the narrative and they pretty much have said it’s ok for him to leave lol

This go around you have to believe that the Cleveland fans will be much more appreciative of James effort with the team, and will always see him as a hometown hero. This too makes it easier for him to move onto a team that could be more competitive. If James believes Leonard is back, and in full force then the Spurs become a primary option.

davi78239
06-05-2018, 11:54 AM
Kawhi is gone

Yup, and spurs gonna be a lottery team

DPG21920
06-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Yup, and spurs gonna be a lottery team

Kawhi was gone this season, was SA a lottery team?

cd98
06-05-2018, 01:15 PM

They were pretty close.

r0drig0lac
06-05-2018, 01:25 PM
They were pretty close.

fair

06-05-2018, 01:46 PM
He can’t even wipe his own ass

DPG21920
06-05-2018, 03:27 PM
They were pretty close.

Then every team was pretty close, because SA was “pretty close” to being a top 3-4 seed.

dabom
06-05-2018, 03:44 PM

And Spurs were playing without a max contract.

exstatic
06-05-2018, 03:50 PM
They were pretty close.

In fairness, they really righted the ship once they stopped waiting for him to come back. They were in a tailspin there for a month or so. If they had made that determination at the ASB, they might have kept the 50 win streak going.

DPG21920
06-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Without any planning for Kawhi missing the season and certainly no “traded parts” to fill in the gap SA was not a lottery team. With free agency planning, the draft and a trade? If SA wanted to they would not be a lottery team.

TD 21
06-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Most interesting part of the Q and A . . .

Is a long-term deal something you're hoping to seek with the Spurs?

That's always an option.

Notice how he doesn't answer in the affirmative or negative, instead evading it by resorting to a general, vague comment. Lends credence to the notion that he either wants to move on, senses they do or both.

coachmac87
06-05-2018, 05:46 PM
Most interesting part of the Q and A . . .

Is a long-term deal something you're hoping to seek with the Spurs?

That's always an option.

Notice how he doesn't answer in the affirmative or negative, instead evading it by resorting to a general, vague comment. Lends credence to the notion that he either wants to move on, senses they do or both.

Or it could just mean he’s opting out....

BackHome
06-05-2018, 06:06 PM
We were almost a 50+ team without Kawhi and playing with scrubs like Forbes and Anderson. To me I do not want to tank even if we loose Kawhi I think we can easily get a 50+ team by getting rid of dead weight like, Joffrey, Paul, Forbes.

DPG21920
06-05-2018, 08:22 PM
From Woj on Kawhi:

CGD
06-05-2018, 08:25 PM
We were almost a 50+ team without Kawhi and playing with scrubs like Forbes and Anderson. To me I do not want to tank even if we loose Kawhi I think we can easily get a 50+ team by getting rid of dead weight like, Joffrey, Paul, Forbes.

Spurs where fighting for their playoff lives the last two weeks of the season, dipping as far low as 10th iirc. I’m not sure any of us here are eagar to be the 2006-2016 Utah Jazz.

Best bet is to stick with Leonard, or if that fails start slowly moving peices for assets and trust the front office to rebuild over the next 5 seasons.

DPG21920
06-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Spurs where fighting for their playoff lives the last two weeks of the season, dipping as far low as 10th iirc. I’m not sure any of us here are eagar to be the 2006-2016 Utah Jazz.

Best bet is to stick with Leonard, or if that fails start slowly moving peices for assets and trust the front office to rebuild over the next 5 seasons.

Spurs were just as equally fighting for the 3rd seed during that time iirc but that doesn’t fit ST narrative of SA sucking at everything

Mikeanaro
06-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Enough with the stupid money, he must prove he is healthy again and able to play most of the season without issues.

BackHome
06-05-2018, 09:39 PM
Even without Kawhi if LMA stays healthy and we bring in Nikola and Hanga I guarantee a 50+ season. Add to that if the front office can make the hard decision to let Parker, Forbes, Green, Paul, walk we can do even better. Add Kawhi trade and bringing in probably two good players and a top ten draft pick who knows what could happen

TheDoctor
06-05-2018, 09:54 PM
From Woj on Kawhi:

That’s gotta be the longest assumptiom quote ever. How the mighty has fallen. “Poor” Woj.

Mikeanaro
06-05-2018, 10:19 PM
That’s gotta be the longest assumptiom quote ever. How the mighty has fallen. “Poor” Woj.
Lol, he needs to write a lot so its more credible.

spurs10
06-05-2018, 11:08 PM
From Woj on Kawhi:

1004161533755232257 Thanks for posting. Nothing new here, but It's nice to see it stated so mater of fact. They need to sit down and work it out

BackHome
06-05-2018, 11:12 PM
Wow more breaking news

DMC
06-06-2018, 12:16 AM
Pop's last great act of pseudo defiance will be to trade the fuck out of Leonard for several mid level players.

DMC
06-06-2018, 12:18 AM

You could have lifted it from the NBA forum under "Wojtek" who has similar takes quite often.

TheDoctor
06-06-2018, 12:33 AM
You could have lifted it from the NBA forum under "Wojtek" who has similar takes quite often.
So true :lol

TheDoctor
06-06-2018, 12:34 AM
Lol, he needs to write a lot so its more credible.
It's crazy tbh lol

Amuseddaysleeper
06-06-2018, 12:40 AM
From Woj on Kawhi:

Thanks for sharing that :toast

dabom
06-06-2018, 01:04 AM
From Woj on Kawhi:

Probably got that from ST. :lmao

TheDoctor
06-06-2018, 06:23 AM
Probably got that from ST. :lmao
:lmao

BackHome
06-06-2018, 07:49 AM

Lol

Dex
06-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Thanks for posting. Nothing new here, but It's nice to see it stated so mater of fact. They need to sit down and work it out

Glad that they rehashed the exact same report from a month ago.

How do they know Pop and Kawhi haven't already met or started discussions already? I sincerely doubt they are gonna air that shit on Facebook live.

BillMc
06-06-2018, 09:34 AM
I wonder if RC and Uncle Dennis will be in the meeting or will it be just Pop, Kawhi and a bottle of wine like the LMA meeting last year?

offset formation
06-06-2018, 09:55 AM
Lol

Haha, well done soothsayer. :bobo

rjv
06-06-2018, 09:57 AM
what i got most out of the woj report was that the spurs are not entertaining any offers at this point. that and the affirmation that their meeting will be prior to the draft.

offset formation
06-06-2018, 10:02 AM
The one thing I'd say that's changed in the last month is the leaking from Kawhi's camp has stopped. And his sister went radio silent. And no news since from Jabari Leonard. So I think it's safe to say that's where the overwhelming majority of the drips and drabs were coming from during the season.

And I'm also not sure how to read that development. Was Kawhi so insecure during the season with the 'Return from injury management' reports that he felt he had to give his side? Is this a sign he wants to patch things up with PATFO or evidence he's fully checked out and going to push for a trade?

In the end like I've been saying for the last 3 months, fuck Kawhi for ever letting it get to this point. It was not necessary and only hurt everyone in the process--if he was hurt and going to seek outside advice, he should have told Spurs "shut me down." Now he has to mend fences with the players, fans, and the jefes.

look_at_g_shred
06-06-2018, 10:06 AM
Kawhi really needs to speak out and say what it is that he wants. So frustrating that he hasn't said a word on the whole situation.

FkLA
06-06-2018, 10:28 AM
Sharing what? There's literally nothing noteworthy in that quote. :lol

BackHome
06-06-2018, 10:32 AM

Lol

coachmac87
06-06-2018, 10:51 AM
Kawhi really needs to speak out and say what it is that he wants. So frustrating that he hasn't said a word on the whole situation.

That’s what the meeting is for. Feeding the media info no matter what it could be isn’t a good thing...unless it’s final.

JPB
06-06-2018, 10:55 AM
I wonder if RC and Uncle Dennis will be in the meeting or will it be just Pop, Kawhi and a bottle of wine like the LMA meeting last year?

Pop : "So son... You know we love and care about you, right ? We always took care of you as with all our players. We've lived a lot great stuff together and we always protected and accepted you... If there's something that bothers you, let's talk like grown up people and tell things.... Just you and me".

Kawhi : "................. UNCLE !!!"

Amuseddaysleeper
06-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Pop : "So son... You know we love and care about you, right ? We always took care of you as with all our players. We've lived a lot great stuff together and we always protected and accepted you... If there's something that bothers you, let's talk like grown up people and tell things.... Just you and me".

Uncle: Delete this nephew

offset formation
06-06-2018, 11:20 AM

Pretty much.

YGWHI
06-06-2018, 11:29 AM
"The Spurs want to continue to build around Leonard..." but at the same time "if SA isn't willing to do that (offer him the supermax/5 y)..."???

This is so contradictory, both things about can't be true

Or a team want to build around a player giving him the longest extension they can, or not.

rjv
06-06-2018, 11:49 AM

the time for leonard to have said anything was during the season; at this point, it makes more sense to be quite as that is the norm for the off-season, especially when there are dollar amounts involved.

YGWHI
06-06-2018, 11:50 AM
When you think GMs learned from Presti-Harden trade...

Just keep Kawhi, give him the extension he wants, if things won't work in next seasons, just trade him. Like Clippers moved Blake.

You don't lose a top 3-5 player just for money reasons.

DPG21920
06-06-2018, 12:18 PM
"The Spurs want to continue to build around Leonard..." but at the same time "if SA isn't willing to do that (offer him the supermax/5 y)..."???

This is so contradictory, both things about can't be true

Or a team want to build around a player giving him the longest extension they can, or not.

What? You can offer Kawhi 200M which is 19M short of the full SuperMax but still 20M more than any other team could offer and that says everything.

Gtfo with SuperMax or bust

DPG21920
06-06-2018, 12:18 PM

Just keep Kawhi, give him the extension he wants, if things won't work in next seasons, just trade him. Like Clippers moved Blake.

This I agree with.

exstatic
06-06-2018, 01:31 PM

What if he is growing a bone in that quad? Year 5 of that deal is $49M. You can't have that as dead money on your cap, even if you do get a medical exemption or retirement.

spursistan
06-06-2018, 05:26 PM
What? You can offer Kawhi 200M which is 19M short of the full SuperMax but still 20M more than any other team could offer and that says everything.

Gtfo with SuperMax or bust

I am still not sure what's Kawhi camp talking point will be when they have a sit down with PATFO: "I have sat out 73 games this season and I want double the salary I got for doing just that guaranteed for the next 5 years? .

His uncle does seem to the audacity to say it. But one wonders what would be their response if the Spurs ask: "Hey Kawhi, what's going on with that rehab thingie"..

IF SA get peremptorily sidetracked in that conversation and his camp continues to be short on details when it comes to his health status. The discussion will get interesting from there.

And it is hard for me to see the equivalent of "Supermax" getting offered as next step in any other field of business negotiations under similar circumstances.

DPG21920
06-06-2018, 05:57 PM
At the end of the day unless SA knows Kawhi is legit physically damaged and the impacts of that will be immediate, I think they should offer the full SuperMax. Getting Kawhi under contract, immediately gives them leverage even if he wants out and will help in trades.

The only caveat to that is the injury like I said. If they know he’s truly damaged, then you can’t do that. But if you think he will be 90%+ for years, then you do it and trade him later with more leverage.

TD 21
06-06-2018, 06:04 PM

I am still not sure what's Kawhi camp talking point will be when they have a sit down with PATFO: "I have sat out 73 games this season and I want double the salary I got for doing just that guaranteed for the next 5 years? .

His uncle does seem to the audacity to say it. But one wonders what would be their response if the Spurs ask: "Hey Kawhi, what's going on with that rehab thingie"..

IF SA get peremptorily sidetracked in that conversation and his camp continues to be short on details when it comes to his health status. The discussion will get interesting from there.

And it is hard for me to see the equivalent of "Supermax" getting offered as next step in any other field of business negotiations under similar circumstances.

This isn't "any other field of business negotiations under similar circumstances". Major professional sports should rarely be applied or compared to most professions because the employees, particularly those of Leonard's magnitude, are not easily disposable or replaceable. They can't just trade him for or sign a comparable player. That's why superstar and star athletes have leverage.

If they don't offer the super max or his representation doesn't have a sense that they will sometime soon, they can just request a trade and if its not granted, the Spurs would face the prospect of next season being even more awkward and uncomfortable than last and he could leave them with nothing at the conclusion of it.

At the end of the day unless SA knows Kawhi is legit physically damaged and the impacts of that will be immediate, I think they should offer the full SuperMax. Getting Kawhi under contract, immediately gives them leverage even if he wants out and will help in trades.

The only caveat to that is the injury like I said. If they know he’s truly damaged, then you can’t do that. But if you think he will be 90%+ for years, then you do it and trade him later with more leverage.

Exactly. That's why, outside of that caveat, I've never deviated from them offering the Super max and him accepting it. Just like I never deviated from Aldridge and them continuing their marriage of convenience, for the same reason: its in both sides best interest.

BackHome
06-06-2018, 07:08 PM
Repeat what idiot would offer a Max deal to someone who hasn’t played for a year? He is either physically weak or mentally weak and his camp is a slow growing cancer cut that shit out ASAP!!

YGWHI
06-07-2018, 08:13 AM
What if he is growing a bone in that quad? Year 5 of that deal is $49M. You can't have that as dead money on your cap, even if you do get a medical exemption or retirement.

Unlike what you think, growing a bone is a way better diagnosis than quad tendinopathy...When a player has an ossification there are many treatments to try, many ways to fix it, even surgically.
Sadly, you can't fix tendinopathies with surgeries.

offset formation
06-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Unlike what you think, growing a bone is a way better diagnosis than quad tendinopathy...When a player has an ossification there are many treatments to try, many ways to fix it, even surgically.
Sadly, you can't fix tendinopathies with surgeries.

Ah, so now we'll do surgery and sit out another year, huh?

And if that treatment doesn't work, what then? Especially when your primadonna has his own camp and his own doctors...and that their diagnosis is far afield from what the Spurs found.

Time to cut your losses, I dont know how you offer that guy the max... Peace the fuck out, Kawhi.

Poolboy5623
06-07-2018, 08:20 AM
You guys are fully delusional. What can we offer? Our so-called FP played like 6 games last year, and is away from the team since then. Or coach is old, stubborn and can't adjust to the modern NBA anymore. Our starting center is 37 years old and can't play in the modern age NBA. The rest of the roster is either too young to compete or old as dust, can't shoot or too short. Other than LMA, what can we offer? Be honest guys, would you choose SA over Philly? Over Houston or even the Cavs? This team would be pretty good in the late 90's, eary 00's but not anymore.

Thanks. Now I don’t have to type all of that....

YGWHI
06-07-2018, 08:20 AM

If SJax finally is right about something...

YGWHI
06-07-2018, 08:22 AM
Ah, so now we'll do surgery and sit out another year, huh?

And if that treatment doesn't work, what then?

Time to cut your losses. Peace the fuck out, Kawhi.

No one says he'll go under surgery...But it's funny how easy you give up on a top 3-5 player. Good for you!

offset formation
06-07-2018, 09:21 AM
No one says he'll go under surgery...But it's funny how easy you give up on a top 3-5 player. Good for you!

What's funny is the loyalty to a player that peaced the fuck out on everyone from Pop and the medical staff, to the players, and city. And then had his uncle running a disinformation campaign behind the scenes through Jabari Young. Sadly, I gave up on him long after he gave up on the team. What's the worst, he didn't even seem to care as the team struggled to its worst season in 20 years. And he couldn't even bother to show up to root them on during HOME playoff games.

So yeah, i gave up on him. It wasn't easy but now that i have I'm balls deep.

Btw, if he won't need surgery, why are you championing his bone growth diagnosis by outside doctors as a positive?
It's that or more of the same. You know what else is a treatment option for it? More rest...more getting paid $20MM to be away from the team in NY. And as his doctors let us know this year, you never know how much rest he'll need. I'm guessing it will be just enough to finish out his contract here.

offset formation
06-07-2018, 09:22 AM

If SJax finally is right about something...

He isn't anymore right now than he was wrong before.

DPG21920
06-07-2018, 09:31 AM
Look, SA aren’t idiots. If they don’t feel good about either 1) where Kawhi is at health wise or 2) Kawhi’s team isn’t giving sufficient information then it’s over.

It’s not like SA will blindly sign him to one of the biggest deals in NBA history. It could still go sideways before or after, but they won’t just go into this saying “well, we really have no idea where Kawhi is at and his team is shutting us out, let’s gamble!”

Dex
06-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Look, SA aren’t idiots. If they don’t feel good about either 1) where Kawhi is at health wise or 2) Kawhi’s team isn’t giving sufficient information then it’s over.

It’s not like SA will blindly sign him to one of the biggest deals in NBA history. It could still go sideways before or after, but they won’t just go into this saying “well, we really have no idea where Kawhi is at and his team is shutting us out, let’s gamble!”

:cry But Poop is retarded and Buford is a drunk! :cry

BSfromTX
06-07-2018, 10:12 AM
For all the people crying for kL to get Supermax, just realize that if we are paying that for damaged goods, it will cripple this franchise for the life of the contract. It’s happened so many times over the last 30 years to NBA teams. Heck, even if he plays, if he’s not 2016-17 KL playing 85-100% of games he’s not worth it

rjv
06-07-2018, 10:20 AM
i think most of us are painfully aware of the gamble here and that runs in both directions. either you inherit an injury prone player who eats up your cap space or you lose the league's best weapon against either durant or lebron (when healthy). it is the obvious risk but our perspective is from the outside looking in.

SAGirl
06-07-2018, 02:18 PM
From Woj on Kawhi:

what I inferred from that is trading him is an absolute last resort.
Spurs don't want to trade him and he has voiced to the media and Danny that he wants to stay.

The issue now is money and that damn injury. The injury to me is the most concerning thing... and notice Danny cannot really say anything about that.

Gino20
06-07-2018, 03:04 PM
Some good information about Kawhi and the Spurs.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250116/Kawhi-Leonard-Close-To-100-Percent-Still-Set-For-Sit-Down-With-Spurs

BillMc
06-07-2018, 04:43 PM
what I inferred from that is trading him is an absolute last resort.
Spurs don't want to trade him and he has voiced to the media and Danny that he wants to stay.

The issue now is money and that damn injury. The injury to me is the most concerning thing... and notice Danny cannot really say anything about that.

This

duncan2k5
06-10-2018, 05:34 PM
What's funny is the loyalty to a player that peaced the fuck out on everyone from Pop and the medical staff, to the players, and city. And then had his uncle running a disinformation campaign behind the scenes through Jabari Young. Sadly, I gave up on him long after he gave up on the team. What's the worst, he didn't even seem to care as the team struggled to its worst season in 20 years. And he couldn't even bother to show up to root them on during HOME playoff games.

So yeah, i gave up on him. It wasn't easy but now that i have I'm balls deep.

Btw, if he won't need surgery, why are you championing his bone growth diagnosis by outside doctors as a positive?
It's that or more of the same. You know what else is a treatment option for it? More rest...more getting paid $20MM to be away from the team in NY. And as his doctors let us know this year, you never know how much rest he'll need. I'm guessing it will be just enough to finish out his contract here.

LMFAO!!! Wild! Baseless speculation to the likes I've never seen... There has never been any indication of leaks coming from Kawhi’s camp... It was all media speculation... Just like how the media says lebron is definitely considering Houston, while others are saying it isn't an option... Just different media outlets speculating and act as if they're stating facts... This then causes fans to wonder where this info is coming from, and speculate that it MUST be coming from Kawhi’s uncle... Lmfao!!!

offset formation
06-10-2018, 08:46 PM
LMFAO!!! Wild! Baseless speculation to the likes I've never seen... There has never been any indication of leaks coming from Kawhi’s camp... It was all media speculation... Just like how the media says lebron is definitely considering Houston, while others are saying it isn't an option... Just different media outlets speculating and act as if they're stating facts... This then causes fans to wonder where this info is coming from, and speculate that it MUST be coming from Kawhi’s uncle... Lmfao!!!

"Baseless speculation to the likes I've never seen."

Are you fucking serious? Even people on his side openly acknowledged they were getting leaks from Kawhi's "camp." Chris Carter bragged openly on **several** occasions on his show that he was hearing such and such from Kawhi's camp. Everyone here with even a modicum of self respect wouldn't deny Kawhi's camp was leaking.

GTFOH. Or educate yourself by first pulling your brown nose out of Kawhi's asshole.

cutewizard
06-11-2018, 04:44 AM
The one thing I'd say that's changed in the last month is the leaking from Kawhi's camp has stopped. And his sister went radio silent. And no news since from Jabari Leonard. So I think it's safe to say that's where the overwhelming majority of the drips and drabs were coming from during the season.

And I'm also not sure how to read that development. Was Kawhi so insecure during the season with the 'Return from injury management' reports that he felt he had to give his side? Is this a sign he wants to patch things up with PATFO or evidence he's fully checked out and going to push for a trade?

In the end like I've been saying for the last 3 months, fuck Kawhi for ever letting it get to this point. It was not necessary and only hurt everyone in the process--if he was hurt and going to seek outside advice, he should have told Spurs "shut me down." Now he has to mend fences with the players, fans, and the jefes.

Easily solved if Lebron arrives in Spursland, wouldnt you say??

bklynspursfan
06-11-2018, 08:32 AM

duncan2k5
06-11-2018, 08:43 AM

This is the example of a credible report... Not some media personality saying "Kawhi andhis group want a bigger market"..... Nigga how? Where? Why? How dis u arrive to that conclusion? What are your sources??? When someone actually comes out and actually gives a source that can be refuted, then I consider it credible... But most of these media guys are desperate for a clickbait headline... This tweet is going along with everything that we have been told for sure and everything that I've also been saying myself... Tim Duncan (my best friend... My pic is proof) told me as much

FkLA
06-11-2018, 09:42 AM
I like what he's reporting but who the fuck is Kyle Steveler?

YGWHI
06-11-2018, 10:01 AM
What's funny is the loyalty to a player that peaced the fuck out on everyone from Pop and the medical staff, to the players, and city... What's the worst, he didn't even seem to care as the team struggled to its worst season in 20 years...
I wouldn't take so many shit for facts...

YGWHI
06-11-2018, 10:32 AM
i think most of us are painfully aware of the gamble here and that runs in both directions. either you inherit an injury prone player who eats up your cap space or you lose the league's best weapon against either durant or lebron (when healthy). it is the obvious risk but our perspective is from the outside looking in.
Like it or not every decision, every NBA's move is a gamble.

Sometimes the risks are very small, sometimes big, there are also many imponderables that can't be analyzed...

Sometimes you have to take big risk when the stakes are small, take bigger risks to bigger success...You know, risk big, win bigger.

Can't imagine a better gamble than keeping a player like Kawhi.

.G.
06-11-2018, 10:36 AM
I dunno mang, Kawhis shit is still on discount at HEB for 50%

YGWHI
06-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Macy's in Ingram Park mall, too. Kawhi's jerseys are the only Spurs' jerseys about $55. A great opportunity for his fans and collectors

Those horrible camos are a thing...Most times the worst NBA jerseys become a must-have, a rare item for collectors.

DPG21920
06-11-2018, 11:19 AM
I’m gaining more and more optimism that Kawhi will sign an extension. I don’t think we are in the clear yet, but it seems like cooler heads will prevail and the many reasons to stay together will rise to the surface and drown out the negatives.

Big Empty
06-11-2018, 11:32 AM
WOAI is reporting Kawhi is expected to sign the extension.

FkLA
06-11-2018, 11:34 AM

Really? That is kind of concerning because of the commercials. I dont see why they would be on sale unless they know he's not part of the upcoming ones--which points to him leaving.

DPG21920
06-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Really? That is kind of concerning because of the commercials. I dont see why they would be on sale unless they know he's not part of the upcoming ones--which points to him leaving.

There can be many reasons why something is on sale (like abundance of inventory for a player). I would not read too much into it.

duncan2k5
06-11-2018, 11:44 AM

LMFAO!!!! so HEB has the inside scoop on Kawhi Leonard's future? Smmfh

.G.
06-11-2018, 11:46 AM
All Kawhi gear has been discounted to 50%
Foot action, academy, HEB, even saw some at Dollar general lol. HEB was biggest surprise since they're one of their biggest sponsors. Makes me wonder what they know that we don't. Pretty disappointing tbh.

Killakobe81
06-11-2018, 11:54 AM
WOAI is reporting Kawhi is expected to sign the extension.

He was never leaving.
IF he is healthy he wil be first supermax guy who truly deserves it, right?
Always wanted him in LA. after his first Finals run ...but SA seems like a good fit for his persona ...

Congrats, if true ...

TimDunkem
06-11-2018, 12:37 PM

Lol No shit...Or maybe bball season is over and they're trying to move the piled up merch of a player who didn't play all season.

:lol HEB inside scoop

r0drig0lac
06-11-2018, 12:39 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

TimDunkem
06-11-2018, 12:39 PM
All Kawhi gear has been discounted to 50%
Foot action, academy, HEB, even saw some at Dollar general lol. HEB was biggest surprise since they're one of their biggest sponsors. Makes me wonder what they know that we don't. Pretty disappointing tbh.

The man didn't play all season. Some merch probably piled up and, considering that the season is over, they are understandably trying to move it.

It's called retail people. Dollar General is trying to make a buck, not drop hints of their inside scoop on Kawhi. :lmao

.G.
06-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Shits been discounted since ASB.

Season ended last week. Meh.

Sc:lol:lolp

Yeahhhh.

bklynspursfan
06-11-2018, 01:53 PM

FkLA
06-11-2018, 02:04 PM
HEB isn't a mom and pop shop, they're the team's biggest sponsor and will probably be the ones to dish out the money to have their logo on the game jersey. I don't get why it's funny to think they might be one of the few people/companies the Spurs would be transparent with.

Hope I'm just reading too much into it though, obviously.

DPG21920
06-11-2018, 02:56 PM
HEB isn't a mom and pop shop, they're the team's biggest sponsor and will probably be the ones to dish out the money to have their logo on the game jersey. I don't get why it's funny to think they might be one of the few people/companies the Spurs would be transparent with.

Hope I'm just reading too much into it though, obviously.

Narrator: You are.

SpursDynasty85
06-11-2018, 08:40 PM
The man didn't play all season. Some merch probably piled up and, considering that the season is over, they are understandably trying to move it.

It's called retail people. Dollar General is trying to make a buck, not drop hints of their inside scoop on Kawhi. :lmao

Agree. Plus new designs and inventory need to go through the door every year. Jerseys will sell like crazy regardless if Kawhi and the Spurs do indeed come together and hashout a longterm deal this off season.

offset formation
06-11-2018, 11:38 PM
Easily solved if Lebron arrives in Spursland, wouldnt you say??

Yes, rather instantaneously, I'd say.

duncan2k5
06-12-2018, 09:33 AM
“dinner with someone” = credible sourcing?

or is it your confirmation bias coming into play

No... It's WHO he had the dinner with... U don't have to name a person, but it has to be a source that can be refuted... For example no one knows the exact person leaking info from the white house, but they say a staffer... That's a source... They're not just giving information without saying WHERE they got the info from, which a lot of the media has been doing... They say "Kawhi wants out of San Antonio"... Ummm... Ok... SOURCE??? if u can't say where you got that info from, you made it up, and are presenting it as fact for clicks

exstatic
06-12-2018, 02:18 PM
No... It's WHO he had the dinner with... U don't have to name a person, but it has to be a source that can be refuted... For example no one knows the exact person leaking info from the white house, but they say a staffer... That's a source... They're not just giving information without saying WHERE they got the info from, which a lot of the media has been doing... They say "Kawhi wants out of San Antonio"... Ummm... Ok... SOURCE??? if u can't say where you got that info from, you made it up, and are presenting it as fact for clicks

Falacy. You can't ever get an ongoing source to go on the record when the subject is extremely sensative. With your logic, Nixon would have finished out two terms, because Deep Throat was anonymous.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Falacy. You can't ever get an ongoing source to go on the record when the subject is extremely sensative. With your logic, Nixon would have finished out two terms, because Deep Throat was anonymous.

:lmao well played

duncan2k5
06-12-2018, 05:56 PM

Dude... An anonymous source is STILL a source!!! I'm talking about the ppl in the media that make declarations as if they're fact, but have no sources... They're just speculation, but they state them as fact for clicks

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 10:24 AM
almost all of the kawhi rumor stories are based upon an anonymous source like “someone close to kawhi” or “a league executive” or “someone with knowledge of the situation” etc

the “dinner with a friend” story is no different. the only reason duncan2k5 thinks it is more reliable is it reinforces what he wants to believe

-When Kawhi was asked about if he wants to be a Spur for life he said yes.

-He told Danny the same thing.

-Jabari Young who is close to his camp, said the same.

I guess it's not just what duncan2k5 wants to believe, it's clear that the player wants an extension.

The ball has always been in Spurs' camp, they have to make the decision to give him the extension or not.

DPG21920
06-13-2018, 06:43 PM
-When Kawhi was asked about if he wants to be a Spur for life he said yes.

-He told Danny the same thing.

-Jabari Young who is close to his camp, said the same.

I guess it's not just what duncan2k5 wants to believe, it's clear that the player wants an extension.

The ball has always been in Spurs' camp, they have to make the decision to give him the extension or not.

What player would not want 219M. I think everyone knew that. The question was always really what is he doing to prove he deserves that and that he’s committed to the team? You don’t get 219M for just your play and even if you did, he didn’t play an entire season so it should not be expected.

Hopefully Kawhi can prove he handled his rehab appropriately, is 100% long-term and short-term and that he’s willing to be the face of franchise and all that come with that.

sasaint
06-13-2018, 08:09 PM

:lmao I am pretty sure that a lot of ST posters routinely get their inside info at Dollar General!

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 10:52 PM
What player would not want 219M. I think everyone knew that. The question was always what is doing to prove he deserves that...
Really? What's about the close source to the team "Manu4Thre3" posting here that Kawhi wanted to go home, to play in a bigger market, that he would sacrifice the supemax in order to play in a city like LA, Boston or NY??

What's about the fans willing to believe those stupid rumors even when they know about Kawhi's low profile.

I was one of the few saying those rumors were just shit, don't tell me that the question was always the same...

DPG21920
06-13-2018, 11:17 PM
Really? What's about the close source to the team "Manu4Thre3" posting here that Kawhi wanted to go home, to play in a bigger market, that he would sacrifice the supemax in order to play in a city like LA, Boston or NY??

What's about the fans willing to believe those stupid rumors even when they know about Kawhi's low profile.

I was one of the few saying those rumors were just shit, don't tell me that the question was always the same...

For Kawhi? Ya - it was. Fans have nothing to do with this. We have no say or sway.

Baam
06-15-2018, 12:50 PM
https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nation/amp/Off-Topic-Danny-Green-12962905.php?__twitter_impression=true

You made headlines after saying Kawhi Leonard told you he wanted to be back with the Spurs. Can you elaborate?

I just put out what I know, and that’s not much. I talk to (Leonard) as much as I can, but I don’t talk to him that much as a whole. He stresses the same thing to me as he stresses to (the media). There is no news. He says he wants to be a Spur and retire there. He said that to you. He’s expressed that. When I talked to him, he says he’s been with us, he’s always on board with us and (wanted) to be a part of what we did, and he’s trying to get right. But things may change.

Is Danny on twitter arguing with Woj tonight? Guess not.

FkLA
06-19-2018, 08:47 AM

HEB with the goods, tbh.

tholdren
06-19-2018, 07:05 PM

You high?