PDA

View Full Version : OT: Report: Chris Paul will not take a pay cut to re-sign with Rockets

ducks
06-05-2018, 02:24 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-chris-paul-will-not-take-a-pay-cut-to-re-sign-with-rockets/ar-AAyfV8m?ocid=spartandhp

SpursDynasty85
06-05-2018, 02:48 PM
Which team would offer Chris Paul a max contract? I would think about 3 or maybe 4 at $23-25M/yr is market for a 33 year old pg.

phxspurfan
06-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Breaking! CP3 to Spurs for max.

Related: Spurs trade Kawhi for beans

Chris
06-05-2018, 04:21 PM
loooool

LakerHater
06-05-2018, 04:34 PM
Should make his next deal incentive based!
If he finishes the season healthy he keeps his deal but if he gets injured he gets docked every game he misses, playoffs double!

Clipper Nation
06-05-2018, 05:30 PM
Which team would offer Chris Paul a max contract? I would think about 3 or maybe 4 at $23-25M/yr is market for a 33 year old pg.
The Rockets will. They're thirsty for fake "stars."

Dverde
06-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Rockets will find a way. I think the GM is overrated, but he is the best getting capspace.

DAF86
06-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Not worth it, imho.

Killakobe81
06-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Rockets will find a way. I think the GM is overrated, but he is the best getting capspace.

find a way for what, pray tell?

SpurOutofTownFan
06-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Not worth it, imho.

This

Caltex2
06-05-2018, 09:54 PM
All they need is a PG that can take care of the ball and a garbage man-big man to get rebounds and easy dunks like Capela, obviously assuming someone is stupid enough to give him a max contract. A 3-point marksman wouldn't hurt either. Do that, and they'll be just as good, if not better. This was their one and only shot.

Spurtacular
06-06-2018, 12:02 AM

Give him ten years on max money. He just needs to stay motivated.

:lmao @ tholdren

Chris
06-06-2018, 12:09 AM
I thought Harden was a PG? :lol

DeadlyDynasty
06-06-2018, 03:01 AM
Too old

Raven
06-06-2018, 05:02 AM
understandable, he knows winning is not an option for someone of his level.

AaronY
06-06-2018, 06:44 AM
understandable, he knows winning is not an option for someone of his level.
They would have probably won the title this year if he was healthy

Of course he breaks down every playoffs but still..

Caltex2
06-06-2018, 06:54 AM
It's dumb on his part. He has enough money to retire on (he and any star NBA player has that on just 1-2 years of salary). If I were him, I'd give it one more shot for cheap unless I knew there was another contender that could pay him a solid salary.

If he takes a paycut, the Rockets wouldn't look so stupid giving Capela a max contract to keep him there for one more go at it.

baseline bum
06-06-2018, 07:15 AM
It's dumb on his part. He has enough money to retire on (he and any star NBA player has that on just 1-2 years of salary). If I were him, I'd give it one more shot for cheap unless I knew there was another contender that could pay him a solid salary.

If he takes a paycut, the Rockets wouldn't look so stupid giving Capela a max contract to keep him there for one more go at it.

LOL the idea of playing for peanuts if you had a one in a hundred million talent. I'd be asking max too if I was him. And Houston will pay it.

Fabbs
06-06-2018, 07:33 AM
LOL the idea of playing for peanuts if you had a one in a hundred million talent. I'd be asking max too if I was him. And Houston will pay it.
:lol he's not a one in a hundred million talent, Aaron.

Killakobe81
06-06-2018, 08:17 AM
:lol he's not a one in a hundred million talent, Aaron.

Bum is right, when you factor the millions around the world that play hoops. He is a bit overrrated, but since many especially rox fans are buying the narrative they make Finals and or win title if he is healthy, Cp3 has the leverage.
Also its not just about his wealth, as Prez of NBAPAelp Rox is if he lets owners off the hook by taking less to win it wont be a good look for someone in his position. Despite his injuries at the worst times ...he is a high level player worthy of a max deal. For him to turn down what he fought for wont make any sense. How he can help is by doing the one year max deal rather than the long-term one ...speaking of Bron ...

I have been through this plenty of times and dummies on here were arguing Lebron doesnt need the max. Of course he doesn't NEED it ...he already has generational wealth.
But he wont take less nor should he. HE and Paul are not just looking for paydays or titles they are establishing Player value and setting up the future of the league on the player's side.
And there is no amount the Cavs,Lakers or Rox can pay JAmes what he is worth in the current CBA. Why should he take less when the lague is making so much off him?!
this is why Lebron keeps doing the one year player option deals ... he is maxing his value trusting his health so he can always make as much as possible in current rules.

Farmers on here have been seduced by duncan and to a lessor degree Dirk ...when that was never the smart move, financially. Applaud them for sacrificing as fans of those teams, but shake your head about the dumb move as business men. Besides Lebron has won with only sacrifcing salary once in Miami. and has 3x as many rings as Dirk and only trails Tim by 2 with more finals appearances. you can take the max and stillc ompete for titles, Bron has proven it. So he takes a few more finals losses?
Doesnt matter the CN's Shannon sharpe and nick wright's of the world and others still say he is the GOAT and LeBron is laughing all the way to the bank.
Winning matters of course, And as a fan I want players to put it first above max dollars ... but none of you selfish bastards gonna turn down the type of money these dudes are just so owners can not pay lux tax.
Lebron may have screwed his title chances in cle by making sure Tristan, JR and Love got big extensions but Lebron has done more for putting bread in NBA players pockets than any other player over the past 20 years ...maybe only NAsh/d'antoni only guys close by inflating numbers with SSOL offense leading to big deals for amare, Marion, joe johson, diaw etc.

Lebron has stated repeatedly he trying to make B's not M's why would he take less?
CP3 wont either.

Fabbs
06-06-2018, 08:34 AM
^^ nope. CP3 is not even on the same planet as LeBron talent and influence wise.

And I shake my head at the business men who rape their teams for 48+ million while Duncan, having plenty of money at 200 million for a career went for another Championship. I don't look up to the greedoids who didn't / wont. Almond Heads money is obviously not making him happy.

Killakobe81
06-06-2018, 08:49 AM
^^ nope. CP3 is not even on the same planet as LeBron talent and influence wise.

And I shake my head at the business men who rape their teams for 48+ million while Duncan, having plenty of money at 200 million for a career went for another Championship. I don't look up to the greedoids who didn't / wont. Almond Heads money is obviously not making him happy.

OF course he is not ...when did I say he was?
that is besides the point.
Does CP3 have more influence than Mike Conley? Jon wall? Westbrook?
Ok Russ has an MVP so maybe that last one is debatable but Again Paul is the pres of the NBAPA some advanced metrics place him above Magic and others just below Magic as PG ...
IF those guys got a max contract why would Paul not feel he earned one?
And even if he should take less due to injury/age ... Why would he as prez of the NBPA?
HE probably knows more than most of those guys due to negotitians with the owners how much money teh owners are making off him ...sure its not Lebron money but rox were truly relevant for teh furst time in years ...he pushed state further than anyone the past 5 years besides Lebron (and OKC)
He will not take less.
I wouldnt pay him max money at max years but someone will ...most likely, rox.

Fabbs
06-06-2018, 08:52 AM
Cp3 has the leverage.
Also its not just about his wealth, as Prez of NBAPAelp Rox is if he lets owners off the hook by taking less to win it wont be a good look for someone in his position.

….. just so owners can not pay lux tax.

Altho I do agree, since the money is there why should the uber greedy owners get it.

Killakobe81
06-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Gotta separate business from fandom.
As a fan I applaud Dirk/duncan
As I guy who works in finance it was beyond dumb especilly dirk who plays for one of the richest owners in a big market.
Fyuck him get paid your full worth. taking less worked for tim to get 5 Dirk was stuck on 1 taking less did not get him shit.
Paul sees that and knows taking less doesnt promise you shit.
West took almost 17 million less for Spurs and still ended up ringless two years ago.

Fabbs
06-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Ironic that it was the guy with the most 'ships (Duncan 5) who took the biggest cut to try for one more.
Meanwhile CP0 does not have one and imo never will.

I totally get wanting to get paid. Just that if i'm an owner, even the Rockets owner I don't see CP0 as the guy who gets them over the hump. Game 6 was clearly won by WarriorRef, not lack of CP0. No one was going to beat WarriorRef that day. Now game 7, ouch yeah perhaps they could have used CP3. Or could they? Ariza at 0-11.

Agree with you that if Houston is going to pay, only give him a one year deal. Seems best for both parties.

Killakobe81
06-06-2018, 09:42 AM
Ironic that it was the guy with the most 'ships (Duncan 5) who took the biggest cut to try for one more.
Meanwhile CP0 does not have one and imo never will.

I totally get wanting to get paid. Just that if i'm an owner, even the Rockets owner I don't see CP0 as the guy who gets them over the hump. Game 6 was clearly won by WarriorRef, not lack of CP0. No one was going to beat WarriorRef that day. Now game 7, ouch yeah perhaps they could have used CP3. Or could they? Ariza at 0-11.

Agree with you that if Houston is going to pay, only give him a one year deal. Seems best for both parties.

Tim is the exception, not the rule ...

LkrFan
06-06-2018, 11:08 AM
Not worth it, imho.

Nope, TOTALLY worth it. ;)

Killakobe81
06-06-2018, 11:31 AM
Bum is right, when you factor the millions around the world that play hoops. He is a bit overrrated, but since many especially rox fans are buying the narrative they make Finals and or win title if he is healthy, Cp3 has the leverage.
Also its not just about his wealth, as Prez of NBAPAelp Rox is if he lets owners off the hook by taking less to win it wont be a good look for someone in his position. Despite his injuries at the worst times ...he is a high level player worthy of a max deal. For him to turn down what he fought for wont make any sense. How he can help is by doing the one year max deal rather than the long-term one ...speaking of Bron ...

I have been through this plenty of times and dummies on here were arguing Lebron doesnt need the max. Of course he doesn't NEED it ...he already has generational wealth.
But he wont take less nor should he. HE and Paul are not just looking for paydays or titles they are establishing Player value and setting up the future of the league on the player's side.
And there is no amount the Cavs,Lakers or Rox can pay JAmes what he is worth in the current CBA. Why should he take less when the lague is making so much off him?!
this is why Lebron keeps doing the one year player option deals ... he is maxing his value trusting his health so he can always make as much as possible in current rules.

Farmers on here have been seduced by duncan and to a lessor degree Dirk ...when that was never the smart move, financially. Applaud them for sacrificing as fans of those teams, but shake your head about the dumb move as business men. Besides Lebron has won with only sacrifcing salary once in Miami. and has 3x as many rings as Dirk and only trails Tim by 2 with more finals appearances. you can take the max and stillc ompete for titles, Bron has proven it. So he takes a few more finals losses?
Doesnt matter the CN's Shannon sharpe and nick wright's of the world and others still say he is the GOAT and LeBron is laughing all the way to the bank.
Winning matters of course, And as a fan I want players to put it first above max dollars ... but none of you selfish bastards gonna turn down the type of money these dudes are just so owners can not pay lux tax.
Lebron may have screwed his title chances in cle by making sure Tristan, JR and Love got big extensions but Lebron has done more for putting bread in NBA players pockets than any other player over the past 20 years ...maybe only NAsh/d'antoni only guys close by inflating numbers with SSOL offense leading to big deals for amare, Marion, joe johson, diaw etc.

Lebron has stated repeatedly he trying to make B's not M's why would he take less?
CP3 wont either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdxbdXkCHoM

Everything I said ...

Chris Fall
06-06-2018, 02:27 PM
I read somewhere Dirk has sacrificed in his career with the discounts he’s given Cuban and the Mavs over the years something in the neighborhood of $194 million, more than his total career earnings.

Edit: correction, not more than his career earning after double checking. Just a shitload of money left on the table.

And if if you can acquiesce that Chris Paul is arguably a top 75 basketball player in the world, at the very least that’s arguable, then with a world population of almost 7.5 billion, then yes Chris Paul is a one in a 100 million talent.

Killakobe81
06-06-2018, 02:58 PM
I read somewhere Dirk has sacrificed in his career with the discounts he’s given Cuban and the Mavs over the years something in the neighborhood of $194 million, more than his total career earnings.

Edit: correction, not more than his career earning after double checking. Just a shitload of money left on the table.

And if if you can acquiesce that Chris Paul is arguably a top 75 basketball player in the world, at the very least that’s arguable, then with a world population of almost 7.5 billion, then yes Chris Paul is a one in a 100 million talent.

I thought i heard he sacrificed more than Duncan did ...
And has less rings to show for it ...
And his owner is one of the 10 richest ...

Caltex2
06-06-2018, 08:34 PM

Does he want to win a title or what? He, at the most, has three years left of being a top level player and that's being liberal. Next year is probably his last year as a top level NBA player and if he wants to win a title, he should come right back and give it another shot for cheap. Do that and the Rockets wouldn't look totally idiotic for matching Capela's max contract sheet.

He's already been paid and will get paid again even after a pay cut. Not that I don't think it's smart to get paid market value but he also could make a sacrifice to win.

Fabbs
06-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Can you imagine these modern NBA sissys talking to Bill Russell era players about making a
:cry"sacrifice":cry
and playing for only 15 million dollars a year not counting endorsements?

Killakobe81
06-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Does he want to win a title or what? He, at the most, has three years left of being a top level player and that's being liberal. Next year is probably his last year as a top level NBA player and if he wants to win a title, he should come right back and give it another shot for cheap. Do that and the Rockets wouldn't look totally idiotic for matching Capela's max contract sheet.

He's already been paid and will get paid again even after a pay cut. Not that I don't think it's smart to get paid market value but he also could make a sacrifice to win.

you go to your employer and take less next year so your boss can hire someone that makes your team, dept and or company stronger...

i wanted kobe to take less said so on here, LG twitter etc. he still took neatlr a max extension it sucked for me as a Laker fan but i understand as a smart business man.

8FOR!3
06-06-2018, 09:20 PM

Any crappy team with max money.

Fabbs
06-06-2018, 09:26 PM
you go to your employer and take less next year so your boss can hire someone that makes your team, dept and or company stronger...

i wanted kobe to take less said so on here, LG twitter etc. he still took neatlr a max extension it sucked for me as a Laker fan but i understand as a smart business man.
Smart business man often = very sad human being. There's been so many good movies on this, going all the way back to Eb Scrooge.
But I am with you killa on the idea of why in the hell should the owners get to keep it.

Just sucks for Duncan he had Crater Face pissing away a chance after he did majorly sacrifice in '15.

baseline bum
06-06-2018, 10:47 PM

Paul can win a title in Houston if they bring the same team back, which they can. No one has to take a paycut. They'll be in luxury tax hell like Cleveland, but that's the price of having to try to beat the Warriors. This summer we'll see if the Rockets' billionaire owner wants to win a title.

Killakobe81
06-06-2018, 11:01 PM
Paul can win a title in Houston if they bring the same team back, which they can. No one has to take a paycut. They'll be in luxury tax hell like Cleveland, but that's the price of having to try to beat the Warriors. This summer we'll see if the Rockets' billionaire owner wants to win a title.

this ...im betting against a State threepeat ...

Caltex2
06-07-2018, 01:52 PM

Yeah, working in the NBA is not like working for Liberty Mutual or Wells Fargo. You make enough money that you can retire within two seasons if you are financially astute.

Unless CP goes completely over the hill over night, he would still stand to get paid handsomely in the future. It's not unheard of to take a pay cut to join or keep a team a title contender.

Caltex2
06-07-2018, 01:56 PM

The Rockets need a 3-point shooter. If they don't add a legit marksman, it'll be the same. Remember, they may not have HCA next year against the Dubs.

Killakobe81
06-07-2018, 02:10 PM
Yeah, working in the NBA is not like working for Liberty Mutual or Wells Fargo. You make enough money that you can retire within two seasons if you are financially astute.

Unless CP goes completely over the hill over night, he would still stand to get paid handsomely in the future. It's not unheard of to take a pay cut to join or keep a team a title contender.

Sure how did that work out for Dirk?
Worked for Timmy but more times than not, it don't.

baseline bum
06-07-2018, 02:21 PM

How much of a paycut are you expecting? If he takes an enormous paycut from his market value down to a $15 million base year salary it still wouldn't open up any capspace.

Chris Fall
06-07-2018, 02:28 PM
CP3 playing for less doesn’t actually help the Rockets anyway. They lose Ariza. They have to pay Capela. Even if CP3 plays for... say $10 million, they’re basically maxed out anyway if they pay Capela too. So him taking less doesn’t help them go after LeBron or even Paul George. So if it doesn’t help them bring in major talent, what’s the use in him playing for less. Unless you’re talking about him playing for $1 million next season and them renouncing Capela, maybe then they could go after LeBron, but it still might not be enough cap space. Paul playing for less doesn’t get Houston closer to a title next year, so that argument is pointless.

The Ryan Anderson contract is the bigger problem for Houston’s payroll. Good luck dumping that contract without taking any bad contracts in return. Houston doesn’t even have a first round pick this year to help entice a team to take on Anderson.

baseline bum
06-07-2018, 02:35 PM
CP3 playing for less doesn’t actually help the Rockets anyway. They lose Ariza. They have to pay Capela. Even if CP3 plays for... say $10 million, they’re basically maxed out anyway if they pay Capela too. So him taking less doesn’t help them go after LeBron or even Paul George. So if it doesn’t help them bring in major talent, what’s the use in him playing for less. Unless you’re talking about him playing for $1 million next season and them renouncing Capela, maybe then they could go after LeBron, but it still might not be enough cap space. Paul playing for less doesn’t get Houston closer to a title next year, so that argument is pointless.

The Ryan Anderson contract is the bigger problem for Houston’s payroll. Good luck dumping that contract without taking any bad contracts in return. Houston doesn’t even have a first round pick this year to help entice a team to take on Anderson.

Even if CP3 agrees to terms for $10 million it only opens up $5 million or so in capspace after renouncing Ariza. I think I'd much rather re-sign Ariza than try to replace him for $5 million. There is no reason to renounce Capella though, I think he only counts 200% of his 2017-18 salary against their cap number, so a little less than $5 million against their cap number.

baseline bum
06-07-2018, 02:50 PM
If Paul took the veteran's minimum of $2.6 million and they brought Ariza back for a very reasonable $8 million or so they'd end up with about $5 million in capspace, which is less than the taxpayer MLE they'd have without anyone taking a paycut. There is literally no reason for Paul to take a paycut other than putting money in the owner's pocket. There is no way he is doing it and there is no reason for him to do so.

Caltex2
06-07-2018, 03:00 PM
If they cut Anderson and spread his contract out over 5 years, they'd pay 40 million over 5 years instead of 2.

Killakobe81
06-07-2018, 03:13 PM

This was my understanding but yet I keep hearing Bron to Rox.
I question the fit, but Sixers seem the most logical. He can probably even give a blessing to the new GM through hus flunkies ...They can pay bron/Embiid max while Simmons, Saric and Fultz (LOlz) still on rookie deals.
Botson is iffy because of Kyrie and I dont think Bron would go to a rival like that ...plus Kyrie is still there.

But of course I would welcome him to Lakers with open arms but we are to young for bron unless he can find a third wheel to join him and another max guy.

Caltex2
06-07-2018, 03:24 PM
The other reason to give him a pay cut is because that's gonna be an ignorant contract to pay by the end.

Either he takes a pay cut or you say thanks for the year and send him on his way.

Killakobe81
06-07-2018, 03:52 PM
The other reason to give him a pay cut is because that's gonna be an ignorant contract to pay by the end.

Either he takes a pay cut or you say thanks for the year and send him on his way.

Doesnt seem like the best way to get Bron, tbh

Caltex2
06-07-2018, 04:22 PM
The Rockets realistically can't get LeBron anyways, so it's a wash. It'd take too many unlikely events to make it happen.

baseline bum
06-07-2018, 08:39 PM

What kind of pay cut are you talking? The idea of stretching Anderson opens up some possibilities but you're crazy if you think you guys can afford to lose CP3. He got you one game from a title and had he not gotten hurt you guys would have probably had about a 70% chance of ringing conditioning on being up 3-2 with Game 7 at home. You really want to go back to early round flameouts when Harden disappears again after winning 65 and nearly a title this year? Obviously there is no guarantee you guys get back, but you gotta feel confident with the team you have after seeing that WCF. When you got a title team man, you gotta go for broke while the window is open. If it costs you a free agent signing in 3-4 years that's the price you gotta pay to win now.

RsxPiimp
06-07-2018, 10:27 PM

you really think the president of the NBAPA would be ok playing for less? thats the antithesis of the labors union.:lol

Caltex2
06-07-2018, 10:29 PM
baseline bum

Why is it crazy to lose him? He has nowhere to go but down. He's peaked and almost certainly won't be a top 15 player in 4-5 years and maybe as soon as next year.

The Rockets can find a solid ballhandler and be just as well off. Nothing Paul brings can't be duplicated, it's just that he's better and more consistent at the skills needed to be quality point guard. Plus, the Rockets already have a primary scorer/ballhandler in Harden.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2018, 10:31 PM
Why is it crazy to lose him? He has nowhere to go but down. He's peaked and almost certainly won't be a top 15 player in 4-5 years and maybe as soon as next year.

The Rockets can find a solid ballhandler and be just as well off. Nothing Paul brings can't be duplicated, it's just that he's better and more consistent at the skills needed to be quality point guard. Plus, the Rockets already have a primary scorer/ballhandler in Harden.

Thanks for gifting us LouWill, Beverley and Harrell for CP0, btw. :toast

Caltex2
06-07-2018, 10:36 PM
The Rockets won 55 without Paul. It was worth a shot but it fell just short one way or another. Time to dump the aging core and get younger.

DMC
06-07-2018, 11:09 PM
I'm tired of reading about how this or that team would be champions if this or that didn't happen. What's the fucking point? Are they going to relive this season and not injure CP3, and see how it goes with everyone else doing exactly the same things they did with CP3 injured?

Losers whine too much.

DMC
06-07-2018, 11:13 PM
The Rockets won 55 without Paul. It was worth a shot but it fell just short one way or another. Time to dump the aging core and get younger.

The most effective tactic available to NBA teams not named Golden State Warriors is to try to pilfer glue guys from the Warriors. I don't know why teams are trying to build a poor man's version of the GSW. It won't get you there. It might if it was a one game contest, but in a series a team that has a gimmick will be cornered and defeated when the gimmick is thwarted. GS doesn't have a gimmick. They just beat the living shit out of you with superior shooting and that leads to positive attitudes which leads to better defense.

You have to go after the Warriors other players, use the Nash equilibrium strategy (not Steve Nash).

Fabbs
06-07-2018, 11:22 PM
Would Houston have beaten Golden Showers with CP0?

1. No one was beating WarriorRef in Game 6.
2. Well known choker Paul was going to get the monkey off his back in Game 7? I dunno. Certainly not a given.

So to give him a max and have him pull yet another choke next year and years after? Epic fail.

One year contract is all Houston should offer CP0.

Caltex2
06-07-2018, 11:30 PM
The most effective tactic available to NBA teams not named Golden State Warriors is to try to pilfer glue guys from the Warriors. I don't know why teams are trying to build a poor man's version of the GSW. It won't get you there. It might if it was a one game contest, but in a series a team that has a gimmick will be cornered and defeated when the gimmick is thwarted. GS doesn't have a gimmick. They just beat the living shit out of you with superior shooting and that leads to positive attitudes which leads to better defense.

You have to go after the Warriors other players, use the Nash equilibrium strategy (not Steve Nash).

Bogut would be a great replacement for Capela should he leave, if Bogut wanted to come back to the United States.

Caltex2
06-07-2018, 11:33 PM
Would Houston have beaten Golden Showers with CP0?

1. No one was beating WarriorRef in Game 6.
2. Well known choker Paul was going to get the monkey off his back in Game 7? I dunno. Certainly not a given.

So to give him a max and have him pull yet another choke next year and years after? Epic fail.

One year contract is all Houston should offer CP0.

Paul could have gotten them some easy shots during GSW's 3rd quarter flurry/ Rockets brickfest. Instead of being down 7, each game could have been closer to tied going into the fourth.

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 07:48 AM
baseline bum

ROFL. Yeah some lower level point guard is going to win you Game 5 against Golden State when Harden shits the bed. And your Capela replacement is Bogut? :lmao

Harden couldn't even beat Aldridge and he's leading you past Golden State? Right.

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 07:56 AM

The Rockets got close to stealing Iguodala, but the Warriors met his asking price at the last minute. Thompson isn't a free agent for another year. Durant's already re-signing. Green isn't a free agent until 2020. Curry not until 2022. No one else on that team matters at all.

Caltex2
06-08-2018, 08:32 AM
baseline bum

That's not the point, Paul is not going to be what he was during most of his career going forward. It's ignorant to pay max money to a declining star player. They can still be a sleeper in the West without Paul. They were last year, winning 55 games and winning a playoff series.

And based on that guy's post, I merely suggested Bogut. They just need a guy who can get 10 rebounds regularly and maybe finish around the basket, that's what's realistic when it comes to replacing Capela.

Chris Fall
06-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Declining stars get paid. It happens. That’s just the way it is. That’s how teams keep or acquire stars. If you don’t pay a star, another team will. It happened with Hakeem. He was getting what at the time was essentially max money three years after he had fallen off. Stars get paid, declining stars get paid. Just because you want your team to go cheap, it doesn’t mean a star player should give you a discount. Why should Chris Paul do that when the vast majority of stars don’t? Duncan and Dirk are exceptions.

And you severly underrate Capela’s value. It’s not only rebounding or finishing around the rim. Capela is the main reason the Rockets were able to switch everything, particularly in the playoffs against better teams. He could play perimeter scorers up all the way to the three point line and still stay in front on drives. And he still provided help defense. You’re not just going to easily replace that. You need to find a Kevin Garnett in his prime type of big man defender... as if Bogut or any cheap big could do what Capela did for Houston’s team defense.

Your evaluation of Capela’s value is not realistic.

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 09:52 AM
baseline bum

That's not the point, Paul is not going to be what he was during most of his career going forward. It's ignorant to pay max money to a declining star player. They can still be a sleeper in the West without Paul. They were last year, winning 55 games and winning a playoff series.

And based on that guy's post, I merely suggested Bogut. They just need a guy who can get 10 rebounds regularly and maybe finish around the basket, that's what's realistic when it comes to replacing Capela.

You're acting like Paul is 35 or 36. He just turned 33 a month ago and probably still has 3 or 4 good seasons in him before he falls off a cliff. They're not going to be a sleeper in the West without Paul. We have seen time and again that Playoff Harden isn't the same player as Regular Season Harden. I can't imagine throwing away a great shot at a title in the next three years because you're afraid of overpaying a guy in Year 4. Might as well just trade Harden and blow up the entire team if you're not going to go for a title right now because Harden ain't gonna take you to one by himself and what bigtime FA is going to go there after seeing Paul get lowballed? You get cheap with Paul and he and LeBron are going to the Lakers to form another superteam that'll take out your sleeper in the first round.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2018, 10:04 AM
You're acting like Paul is 35 or 36. He just turned 33 a month ago and probably still has 3 or 4 good seasons in him before he falls off a cliff.
Counterpoint: he's 33 and already guaranteed to miss significant time with injuries in the playoffs every year and often in the regular season too. Just imagine how bad it will be when he is 35 or 36 and still getting paid like he's in his prime.

endrity
06-08-2018, 10:13 AM
A smallish guard with a history of injury at 33 doesn't represent a max value investment in the NBA, no matter how good he is. It is actually very likely that he will soon fall off a cliff. If they overpay, they do so on the basis that they go all in for next 1-2 seasons and try to win a championship here and now, while conceding that there were no better options. A 36 year old CP sure as hell is not leading them to the promised land if he can't do it at 34.

The good think for the Rockets is that they can explore other options because it's not like there is market for max contracts for CP, no matter how deluded he is. In fact the only teams who will do it are the ones that are so desperate to win now, that they are willing to overpay. And those teams are essentially either the Rockets or Cleveland, if they keep LeBron. And if LeBron were willing to take the riks of playing with CP3, than playing alongside Harden is a better option.

Sixers and Celtics are not ruining their future and flexibility for CP3, and no other team is close enough to take such a risk.

Killakobe81
06-08-2018, 10:30 AM
A smallish guard with a history of injury at 33 doesn't represent a max value investment in the NBA, no matter how good he is. It is actually very likely that he will soon fall off a cliff. If they overpay, they do so on the basis that they go all in for next 1-2 seasons and try to win a championship here and now, while conceding that there were no better options. A 36 year old CP sure as hell is not leading them to the promised land if he can't do it at 34.

The good think for the Rockets is that they can explore other options because it's not like there is market for max contracts for CP, no matter how deluded he is. In fact the only teams who will do it are the ones that are so desperate to win now, that they are willing to overpay. And those teams are essentially either the Rockets or Cleveland, if they keep LeBron. And if LeBron were willing to take the riks of playing with CP3, than playing alongside Harden is a better option.

Sixers and Celtics are not ruining their future and flexibility for CP3, and no other team is close enough to take such a risk.

You and caltex are ignoring the under the table agreement made to get Paul to Houston in the first place ...which had to be promised.
And ...
Do the Rox wanna piss off the Prez of the NBAPA and his reprsentation by not giving him his money? You think that wont impact future signings and deals?

06-08-2018, 10:37 AM

https://i.imgur.com/xHvTeEy.jpg?1

:lol

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 10:56 AM

You don't think Magic would hand Paul a max deal? Especially since it would bring LeBron too?

MultiTroll
06-08-2018, 11:00 AM

Explains his 0-11 in Game 7?

endrity
06-08-2018, 11:03 AM
You don't think Magic would hand Paul a max deal? Especially since it would bring LeBron too?

I am not inside LeBron's head but if winning and legacy is what he cares about, there is no way that he goes to LA, especially with CP3 as his sidekick. There are many better options available to him. Even Paul George at this point doesn't seem like good enough to help him beat the Warriors.

You and caltex are ignoring the under the table agreement made to get Paul to Houston in the first place ...which had to be promised.
And ...
Do the Rox wanna piss off the Prez of the NBAPA and his reprsentation by not giving him his money? You think that wont impact future signings and deals?

If they did really promise him that, than we are about to find out because CP3 doesn't justify that investment otherwise.

Killakobe81
06-08-2018, 11:12 AM
I am not inside LeBron's head but if winning and legacy is what he cares about, there is no way that he goes to LA, especially with CP3 as his sidekick. There are many better options available to him. Even Paul George at this point doesn't seem like good enough to help him beat the Warriors.

If they did really promise him that, than we are about to find out because CP3 doesn't justify that investment otherwise.

On this, we agree. Im not saying I would give him that $ ...just saying no way CP3 goes to houston without the understanding he would be taken care of, come FA ...
SB nation outlined it here

Daryl Morey knew the only way he could get Paul was to convince him to opt in to the final year of his contract and then trade players directly to the Clippers to acquire him. This was a scenario few considered. Now, it’s happening.

How long will Paul stay a Rocket? Probably a long time
Technically, Paul is only making a one-year commitment to the Rockets. He can become a free agent again next summer and command the same maximum contract on the open market that he bypassed this year to facilitate this trade.

But there are ways the Rockets can work around that to keep Paul around for the long haul.

The most obvious is to agree to a wink-wink arrangement and agree to pay Paul a full five-year maximum deal next summer. Because Paul is being traded rather than signed, the Rockets would retain his Bird rights.

I think most NBA insiders agree this wa show the deal was done ...will ROx have the stones to back out of that deal or Paul be a saint and accept waaaay less so Rox can try to stengthen team? Doubtful.
Best case for Rox fan is they bring the band back together ...including Capela.

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 11:13 AM

Going to play with CP3 in LA would easily be James' best option to win now. It would be a huge upgrade over Cleveland and I don't think LeBron could play in Philly. Moot point since the Rockets will probably throw a four year max deal at CP3.

MultiTroll
06-08-2018, 11:45 AM
Who are the REAL max players?
LeBron (duh)
Healthy Kwa
Greek Freak

thats it.

Borderline
Anthony Davis

no way in hell:
Durbetta is a ref aided system joke.
Curry too inconsistent.

Killakobe81
06-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Who are the REAL max players?
LeBron (duh)
Healthy Kwa
Greek Freak

thats it.

Borderline
Anthony Davis

no way in hell:
Durbetta is a ref aided system joke.
Curry too inconsistent.

Lebrin and Durant yes
Davis yes and ahead of kiwi who just missed a year ...
kiwi yes
harden yes
Russ yes
Steph yes

freak ...yes but i have concerns ...

after those guys others will still get it but none truly deserve it ...

Killakobe81
06-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Dame, Wall, Kyrie, Lamarcus etc are all max players too because of market value but are a notch below the above guys

DAF86
06-08-2018, 01:34 PM
Declining stars get paid. It happens. That’s just the way it is. That’s how teams keep or acquire stars. If you don’t pay a star, another team will. It happened with Hakeem. He was getting what at the time was essentially max money three years after he had fallen off. Stars get paid, declining stars get paid. Just because you want your team to go cheap, it doesn’t mean a star player should give you a discount. Why should Chris Paul do that when the vast majority of stars don’t? Duncan and Dirk are exceptions.

And you severly underrate Capela’s value. It’s not only rebounding or finishing around the rim. Capela is the main reason the Rockets were able to switch everything, particularly in the playoffs against better teams. He could play perimeter scorers up all the way to the three point line and still stay in front on drives. And he still provided help defense. You’re not just going to easily replace that. You need to find a Kevin Garnett in his prime type of big man defender... as if Bogut or any cheap big could do what Capela did for Houston’s team defense.

Dwayne Dedmon could be a decent Capela replacement.

Caltex2
06-08-2018, 03:09 PM

So you pay a player who won't be worth even half his salary by the end of the contract? That's stupid. As it is now, Paul makes the Rockets a contender, he doesn't make them a lock, so why not try and win cheaper?

Again, no one is talking about replacing anyone but instead staying competitive while also staying financially responsible. I'd be all for unloading the Brinks truck and going into the luxury tax, paying ungodly amounts if it meant a title was a lock but there's no guarantee and you look bad in the future fiscally.

Caltex2
06-08-2018, 03:49 PM
You're acting like Paul is 35 or 36. He just turned 33 a month ago and probably still has 3 or 4 good seasons in him before he falls off a cliff. They're not going to be a sleeper in the West without Paul. We have seen time and again that Playoff Harden isn't the same player as Regular Season Harden. I can't imagine throwing away a great shot at a title in the next three years because you're afraid of overpaying a guy in Year 4. Might as well just trade Harden and blow up the entire team if you're not going to go for a title right now because Harden ain't gonna take you to one by himself and what bigtime FA is going to go there after seeing Paul get lowballed? You get cheap with Paul and he and LeBron are going to the Lakers to form another superteam that'll take out your sleeper in the first round.

On defense, he's already showing signs of slippage. If you paid him insane money for two years, then I can see that but four? It'd be stupid of the Rockets without a team option.

If you re-sign Paul to a stupid contract, just make sure you have a team good enough to beat the Warriors because if not, you're locked into years of bad contracts and perhaps mediocrity, if not annual frustration.

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 03:59 PM
On defense, he's already showing signs of slippage. If you paid him insane money for two years, then I can see that but four? It'd be stupid of the Rockets without a team option.

If you re-sign Paul to a stupid contract, just make sure you have a team good enough to beat the Warriors because if not, you're locked into years of bad contracts and perhaps mediocrity, if not annual frustration.

Mediocrity is what you're locked into if you let Paul walk and go back to being built around just Harden. Lucky for you I don't think the Rockets are dumb enough to lowball and lose someone as important to their title hopes as Paul.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Going to play with CP3 in LA would easily be James' best option to win now. It would be a huge upgrade over Cleveland and I don't think LeBron could play in Philly. Moot point since the Rockets will probably throw a four year max deal at CP3.
CP0 is a known choke artist and can't be trusted to stay healthy in the playoffs. None of that sounds like LeBron's best option to win. You're just overrating him.

Caltex2
06-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Mediocrity is what you're locked into if you let Paul walk and go back to being built around just Harden. Lucky for you I don't think the Rockets are dumb enough to lowball and lose someone as important to their title hopes as Paul.

But do you give yourself a great shot at a title? The answer would be yes if we knew CP would be as good this year as he was last year. That's no guarantee.

The Rockets are no guarantee to win many more games with Paul than without. And just because they almost took down the Warriors this year doesn't mean they'll get closer/over the hump next year.

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 05:16 PM
CP0 is a known choke artist and can't be trusted to stay healthy in the playoffs. None of that sounds like LeBron's best option to win. You're just overrating him.

I'm overrating the guy who carried the Rockets to a 3-2 lead over Golden State while Harden was playing like a bitch in Games 2-5 because I think he'd be a much better running mate for LeBron than Kevin Love or a Ben Simmons who has no shot whatsoever?

But do you give yourself a great shot at a title? The answer would be yes if we knew CP would be as good this year as he was last year. That's no guarantee.

The Rockets are no guarantee to win many more games with Paul than without. And just because they almost took down the Warriors this year doesn't mean they'll get closer/over the hump next year.

Because you don't know 100% you want to blow up a top flight title contender that nearly took down a Warriors team whose four stars were all healthy? What kind of logic is this to build a team around? Chris Paul didn't tear an achilles or blow out his knee, odds are he'll be the same player next year that he was this year.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2018, 05:34 PM
I'm overrating the guy who carried the Rockets to a 3-2 lead over Golden State while Harden was playing like a bitch in Games 2-5 because I think he'd be a much better running mate for LeBron than Kevin Love or a Ben Simmons who has no shot whatsoever?
:lol "carried"

The guy was just barely outchoked by Durbeta in a couple games. Big whoop. Then he got injured again, like he always does in the playoffs.

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 05:37 PM
:lol "carried"

The guy was just barely outchoked by Durbeta in a couple games. Big whoop. Then he got injured again, like he always does in the playoffs.

:lol hater until the end

DMC
06-08-2018, 06:09 PM

That's the Steve Nash Equilibrium.. :lol

Caltex2
06-08-2018, 06:46 PM

Because you don't know 100% you want to blow up a top flight title contender that nearly took down a Warriors team whose four stars were all healthy? What kind of logic is this to build a team around? Chris Paul didn't tear an achilles or blow out his knee, odds are he'll be the same player next year that he was this year.

Again, is Paul gonna be in his prime going forward? It's not about breaking up a good team so much as being ready for the future. There's no reason to think the Rockets are gonna do better next year than this year.

By that logic, go bring Michael Jordan out of retirement a fifthieth time.

Caltex2
06-08-2018, 07:04 PM
The Rockets can win just fine without CP3 and instead of handcuffing the franchise for five years, they can maybe wait a year or two and bring in another star via trade or free agency. It's not like CP is the best player in the league or only player the Rockets can get that will push them over the Warriors. Who knows, maybe Russell Westbrook could become available or one of New Orleans' twin towers. Obviously Kawhi Leonard's days are numbered in San Antonio.

LkrFan
06-08-2018, 08:10 PM

Agreed. IIRC, the Lakers offered Iggy a bigger contract then the one he signed to stay with the Dubs. For some reason, he chose to stay. Not sure why. :downspin:

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Again, is Paul gonna be in his prime going forward? It's not about breaking up a good team so much as being ready for the future. There's no reason to think the Rockets are gonna do better next year than this year.

By that logic, go bring Michael Jordan out of retirement a fifthieth time.

Yeah signing a 33 year is the same as a 55 year old. What a dumbass.

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 08:50 PM
The Rockets can win just fine without CP3 and instead of handcuffing the franchise for five years, they can maybe wait a year or two and bring in another star via trade or free agency. It's not like CP is the best player in the league or only player the Rockets can get that will push them over the Warriors. Who knows, maybe Russell Westbrook could become available or one of New Orleans' twin towers. Obviously Kawhi Leonard's days are numbered in San Antonio.

No they can't. They got destroyed by fucking LaMarcus Aldridge and Jonathan Simmons. :lol

Harden is not a big game player. His game is so dependent on food stamps and doesn't translate in the playoffs when the refs swallow their whistles. If they let Paul walk to save money for the future they have to lose Capela too and most likely Ariza. I don't know why you'd want Westbrook, no one gets better playing with him. Leonard might be available next summer if he turns down the Spurs supermax offer and doesn't sign an extension with whoever he gets traded to in that case, so a small chance I guess if you just hoard capspace. How many free agents do you think are going to be turned off by Houston being unwilling to pay Paul after he turned down longterm money to come? Surely he had an under the table agreement there like Killa is saying.

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Agreed. IIRC, the Lakers offered Iggy a bigger contract then the one he signed to stay with the Dubs. For some reason, he chose to stay. Not sure why. :downspin:

Golden State caved and gave Iguodala the exact contract he asked for from the beginning: 3 years, $48 million. He was about to sign in Houston until the Warriors caved at the last minute and raised their offer from $15 million a year over three years to the $16 million a year over three years he wanted.

LkrFan
06-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Golden State caved and gave Iguodala the exact contract he asked for from the beginning: 3 years, $48 million. He was about to sign in Houston until the Warriors caved at the last minute and raised their offer from $15 million a year over three years to the $16 million a year over three years he wanted.

Damn. Didn't know Rox were in the mix. Glad they kept him. No way the Rox beat the Kang.

Caltex2
06-08-2018, 10:21 PM
@ BB, post 90

Might as well be. If they signed Jordan to a vet min. contract and give Paul the max it might have the same value.

Besides, my point is Paul likely won't be the same player going forward so it's not fair to think it'll be breaking up a contender.

Caltex2
06-08-2018, 10:48 PM
No they can't. They got destroyed by fucking LaMarcus Aldridge and Jonathan Simmons. :lol

Harden is not a big game player. His game is so dependent on food stamps and doesn't translate in the playoffs when the refs swallow their whistles. If they let Paul walk to save money for the future they have to lose Capela too and most likely Ariza. I don't know why you'd want Westbrook, no one gets better playing with him. Leonard might be available next summer if he turns down the Spurs supermax offer and doesn't sign an extension with whoever he gets traded to in that case, so a small chance I guess if you just hoard capspace. How many free agents do you think are going to be turned off by Houston being unwilling to pay Paul after he turned down longterm money to come? Surely he had an under the table agreement there like Killa is saying.

Chances are the Rockets don't win any upcoming titles with or without CP3. I repeat HE IS NOT THE ONLY STAR THEY COULD ADD TO COMPETE WITH THE WARRIORS. If they wait instead of being overcommited to a past his prime superstar who has accomplished next to nothing team wise in his career, they maybe could win it without mortgaging their future.

baseline bum
06-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Chances are the Rockets don't win any upcoming titles with or without CP3. I repeat HE IS NOT THE ONLY STAR THEY COULD ADD TO COMPETE WITH THE WARRIORS. If they wait instead of being overcommited to a past his prime superstar who has accomplished next to nothing team wise in his career, they maybe could win it without mortgaging their future.

All you have come up with is throwing away next season by letting everyone walk for a chance at Leonard. What if he takes the supermax or forces a trade to LA/Philly and signs an extension there? Davis can't opt out until 2020.

Caltex2
06-09-2018, 06:17 AM
At least Kawhi has a future. Paul's best days are behind him. I mean, who knows what the future holds, the Rockets got both Paul and Harden via trades, not the draft or free agent signings. If you re-sign Paul, he may become an unmovable salary cap anchor like Ryan Anderson. Let him walk or maybe sign-and-trade him away and it leaves room for another star to be added, perhaps directly. Paul is not worth the max unless the team had an option after the second year. If the contract had that kind of stipulation, I'd be fine with it.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2018, 06:25 AM
:lolEverybody's acting like it was a foregone conclusion the Rockets would've closed the deal if Paul never got injured...have ya'll not watched basketball the last 10 years?

Caltex2
06-09-2018, 07:38 AM
:lolEverybody's acting like it was a foregone conclusion the Rockets would've closed the deal if Paul never got injured...have ya'll not watched basketball the last 10 years?

It was more likely but far from a lock. Paul makes the Rockets a contender but not a lock, which is why it's not ignorant to think about not bringing him back.

baseline bum
06-09-2018, 07:58 AM

I don't think it was a foregone conclusion, but Houston sure looked like the better team until the Warriors got that gift. Even without Paul it took a massive fluke of the greatest shooting team in league history missing 27 straight threes for State to advance. The Warriors were very beatable this year. This year's Spurs would have never taken a game from the 2016 or 2017 Warriors.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2018, 08:27 AM
I don't think it was a foregone conclusion, but Houston sure looked like the better team until the Warriors got that gift. Even without Paul it took a massive fluke of the greatest shooting team in league history missing 27 straight threes for State to advance. The Warriors were very beatable this year. This year's Spurs would have never taken a game from the 2016 or 2017 Warriors.

:lolThey failed to hit the century mark in 5 straight playoff games...the biggest fluke here is that Golden State failed to reach it 2 games in a row. We may never see that again.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2018, 09:04 AM
:lol The Rockets choking in the playoffs isn't a fluke, tbh. It's the norm.

Killakobe81
06-09-2018, 09:25 AM
It was more likely but far from a lock. Paul makes the Rockets a contender but not a lock, which is why it's not ignorant to think about not bringing him back.

no you venturing in to the Cuban zone only difference is they actually won a chip, decided not to pay the group and they never recaptured the magic of 2011 ...
ill say this caltex u eatched rox more than any of us if you believe its not worth it to go all in with this roster ...tough for me to argue you should. just two things to consider ..

1. Harden is healthy and in his prime ...if you wait on youth ...health and him staying at a mvp level are not promised. You remember Yao and Tmac? he has been near lebron healthy so far..but lebron is is a huuuge exception. Rox window is now ...wasting a star players prime years without a finals appearance sucks the lifeforce from star players ...having a chance to strike and choosing not also erodes a players trust in the FO.

2. Again sure you can trade instead of sign FAs but you still need to re-sign those players, not honoring agreements and pissing off inluential stars wont help there...

i get it. Like i said we all want stars to take less, especially as they age ...we say wtf when big money goes to guys who are past their prime ...but you cant burn bridges with the player/agents with the most clout. NBA is a star driven league.

shiiiit im the one who has bitched most on here about paying max to non max dudes.... Conley, Porter, Wiggins, Derozen are way younger than Chris and less deserving of max dollars, yet those teams paid it. How do you expect Paul to accept way less than those guys? That is why I bitched about those deals paying those guys the max fucked up "market values" ...when Paul gets his money blame the owners/agents that paid those cats ...

DAF86
05-11-2019, 11:37 AM
Not worth it, imho.

I was high on the trade at first (I knew adding Paul to the Rockets couldn't go wrong on the court) but adding the contractual factor and Paul's very predictable early decline, in hindsight, the Rockets would have been better off just keeping Beverly and Lou Williams.

Heck, Williams would probably be giving them a better offensive production than Paul right now, and Beverly would be a thorn on the Warriors' side. They would have more horses and more flexibility to add a piece like Jimmy Butler.

That CP3 trade ended up being, both, the Rockets' best chance at ringing (last season), and the nail in the coffin of that franchise's championship aspirations.

spursistan
05-11-2019, 02:12 PM
I was high on the trade at first (I knew adding Paul to the Rockets couldn't go wrong on the court) but adding the contractual factor and Paul's very predictable early decline, in hindsight, the Rockets would have been better off just keeping Beverly and Lou Williams.

Heck, Williams would probably be giving them a better offensive production than Paul right now, and Beverly would be a thorn on the Warriors' side. They would have more horses and more flexibility to add a piece like Jimmy Butler.

That CP3 trade ended up being, both, the Rockets' best chance at ringing (last season), and the nail in the coffin of that franchise's championship aspirations.

Their window has closed..I don't think Harden has that 'it' factor to pull a Dirk'11 type run..

Even Nowitzki has been to the the Finals before and had few signature series wins before pulling through..What is Harden's? the Rockets best series win came when he was rotting on the bench in that comeback win in Game 6 vs the Clippers in 2015..

Harden and Moreyball are a the exact definition of a "regular season gimmick"..

sammy
05-13-2019, 10:47 AM
The Rockets will never win the Championship! Harden dribble dribble instead of letting Paul run the PG position! If ballhog would let Chris Paul run the point, he draws the defense in and then can shoot out the ball to his 3 point shooters or pass to Capela at the basket instead Harden holds onto the ball, chucks a shot which is a miss and/or rushes the shot since the shot clock is down to zero! Crappy coach is part of the problem too! They play no defense, rely on too much on Harden and live by the 3 point shot! Too much ISO play so they're done! Fire the coach and the GM! Morons the lot of them!

whitemamba
05-13-2019, 07:05 PM
CP0 isnt about winning , hes about cashing checks.

BD24
05-13-2019, 07:16 PM
Can’t imagine anyone is stupid enough to max out CP3 after this contract ends. Right?

whitemamba
05-13-2019, 07:19 PM
Can’t imagine anyone is stupid enough to max out CP3 after this contract ends. Right?

never say never

DAF86
05-13-2019, 10:08 PM

CP3 is already maxed out for the next 4 years, tbh.

BD24
05-14-2019, 11:53 AM
never say never
True. There is always the Lakers