PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: How many more titles?

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2018, 11:35 PM
Threepeat?

They seemed bored and disinterested this season and still won..Iguodala is nearly finished, so that's significant..OTOH, all their FA ring chaser signings failed miserably, their supporting cast should only get better, even with financial restrictions IMO..

Their core is still peaking, no reason to think they'll slow down..no internal drama like Kobe/Shaq and their front office is far more progressive than that Lakers team..this is more like the 90s Bulls, but none of the Warriors will need the NBA to hide their skeletons for a minute:lol

daslicer
06-06-2018, 11:38 PM
It depends on how long their injury luck lasts when it comes to their opponents.

Clipper Nation
06-06-2018, 11:39 PM
If they don't ring every single year that this roster stays together, it's a humiliating failure. They should at least win the next 5.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2018, 11:40 PM
5 is unrealistic, too much mileage..2 more seems doable, though..

Clipper Nation
06-06-2018, 11:44 PM
I still maintain that if they don't at least win the next 5 rings, it's a massive choke. Yes, those are really high expectations. But when you add another prime MVP to a 73-win team, the expectations are going to be high.

DMC
06-06-2018, 11:45 PM
If they don't ring every single year that this roster stays together, it's a humiliating failure. They should at least win the next 5.

Chris Paul
Blake Griffin
Jamal Crawford
DeAndre Jordan
Matt Barnes

:lol

apalisoc_9
06-06-2018, 11:48 PM
http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/yawn3.png

Bynumite
06-06-2018, 11:49 PM
But when you add another prime MVP to a 73-win team.

Just curious, do you copy-paste that sentence or typed it out multiple times every single day for the past 2 seasons? :lol

Clipper Nation
06-06-2018, 11:49 PM
Chris Paul
Blake Griffin
Jamal Crawford
DeAndre Jordan
Matt Barnes

:lol

What does a team that wasn't even remotely comparable to these Warriors have to do with anything?

RichB
06-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Threepeat?

They seemed bored and disinterested this season and still won..Iguodala is nearly finished, so that's significant..OTOH, all their FA ring chaser signings failed miserably, their supporting cast should only get better, even with financial restrictions IMO..

Their core is still peaking, no reason to think they'll slow down..no internal drama like Kobe/Shaq and their front office is far more progressive than that Lakers team..this is more like the 90s Bulls, but none of the Warriors will need the NBA to hide their skeletons for a minute:lol

If the Warriors win it all next year, they’ll win 2 more in a row after that. Iggy is declining, but they have a 1st rounder to grab a wing. They have Jordan Bell and Damian Jones to replace Zaza/Mcgee. Other vets will go there. They have their d-league roster as well to fill out their roster. When it’s all said and done, I see this core with Durant winning 6-7 championships total. This is something special we are seeing here.

Dex
06-07-2018, 05:53 PM
They've looked more vulnerable during this run...if you can actually say that about a team that is about to go 16-5.

Eventually, their cap situation is going to catch up with them, even if Durant and Thompson take pay cuts. But that's still probably 2-3 years down the line.

I think they'll get 2 more with this current core...but I don't think they will get them the next two years. Other teams are starting to figure them out. Rockets nearly took them out this year if Paul doesn't get hurt, Spurs can compete if healthy, and Boston is going to be a real bitch to deal with once they get Kyrie and Hayward back. And then there is wherever Lebron ends up.

Clipper Nation
06-07-2018, 06:07 PM
If the Warriors win it all next year, they’ll win 2 more in a row after that. Iggy is declining, but they have a 1st rounder to grab a wing. They have Jordan Bell and Damian Jones to replace Zaza/Mcgee. Other vets will go there. They have their d-league roster as well to fill out their roster. When it’s all said and done, I see this core with Durant winning 6-7 championships total. This is something special we are seeing here.
I mostly agree, but there's nothing "special" about a bunch of pussies colluding to not face any competition.

Fabbs
06-07-2018, 06:14 PM
WarriorRef has shown it's ready as ever to rise up against any challenge.
Game 1 the Durbetta charge -timeout, foul on Lebron- shows they will do whatever it takes.

Houston 6.

No reason to see a slow down.

Joseph Kony
06-07-2018, 06:22 PM
A team in the West will knock them off. Houston was pretty damn close. Unless Irving/Hayward come back and mesh perfectly in Boston and their young core develops exponentially, no team in the East is challenging the Warriors. Sixers are nice but Embiid is injury prone and Simmons can't shoot for shit and their role players are streaky. This team's lack of focus will be their downfall imo. but until we see how the summer plays out there's no way to really know

LkrFan
06-07-2018, 06:32 PM
Maybe 1 more. It's gonna cost a grip to keep that roster together. Chef makes max. Klay's extension is coming. Kickass Durant gotta get paid. What about Donkey?

I'm not so sure they can afford to keep the band together. It was a perfect storm (Chef's injury history made him sign for less than max on 2nd contract, then they drafted Klay and Donkey). That's how they were able to afford KD. Now it's time to start paying up (and luxury taxes). How long - and how much are they willing to keep paying - to keep this squad together? Time will tell, but I say they will get maybe 1 more.

My Lakers had a hell of a run 2008-2012. 3 straight Finals (coming out the West) eventually took it's toll leading to an upset by _irk. I see the same thing happening to these Dubs.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-07-2018, 06:46 PM
the need to blow up the team next year

Spurtacular
06-07-2018, 06:51 PM
It depends on how long their injury luck lasts when it comes to their opponents.

RichB
06-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Maybe 1 more. It's gonna cost a grip to keep that roster together. Chef makes max. Klay's extension is coming. Kickass Durant gotta get paid. What about Donkey?

I'm not so sure they can afford to keep the band together. It was a perfect storm (Chef's injury history made him sign for less than max on 2nd contract, then they drafted Klay and Donkey). That's how they were able to afford KD. Now it's time to start paying up (and luxury taxes). How long - and how much are they willing to keep paying - to keep this squad together? Time will tell, but I say they will get maybe 1 more.

My Lakers had a hell of a run 2008-2012. 3 straight Finals (coming out the West) eventually took it's toll leading to an upset by _irk. I see the same thing happening to these Dubs.

I disagree. The Warriors have a fairly young squad sans their 2 bench role players in Iggy/Livingston, and they all play for one another. These are the new Spurs. Unselfish men playing the game the right way led by a fairly young Phil Jackson/Pop type of coach. This isn’t ending anytime soon. They have wealthy owners who will keep paying to keep the championships rolling in. This will be title #2 in the Durant era. They are winning at least 5 more. Enjoy this special dynasty we are seeing. I’m proud to be a fan watching it. Spurs got #5 so life is good.

BD24
06-07-2018, 07:50 PM
two more I think if they can stay healthy.

Alot of that also depends on where Lebron heads this summer as well.

spurraider21
06-07-2018, 08:06 PM
depends if lebron teams up with kawhi tbh :downspin:

daslicer
06-07-2018, 08:09 PM
I disagree. The Warriors have a fairly young squad sans their 2 bench role players in Iggy/Livingston, and they all play for one another. These are the new Spurs. Unselfish men playing the game the right way led by a fairly young Phil Jackson/Pop type of coach. This isn’t ending anytime soon. They have wealthy owners who will keep paying to keep the championships rolling in. This will be title #2 in the Durant era. They are winning at least 5 more. Enjoy this special dynasty we are seeing. I’m proud to be a fan watching it. Spurs got #5 so life is good.

I hope you are wrong and I will never enjoy watching these arrogant douchebags. I never thought I would see a team that is even more hateable than the Shaq-Kobe Lakers.

Arcadian
06-07-2018, 08:10 PM
How much longer can they afford to pay 4 all stars?