PDA

View Full Version : Will kawhi accept a sidekick role if Lebron decide to play in San Antonio?

skin27
06-08-2018, 10:19 PM
That’s the first thing you have to think before dreaming of Lebron playing in spurs uniform...

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2018, 10:24 PM
Kawhi is a super talented gym rat Beta. He would be fine with it. 100 games hot hands balance out.

ducks
06-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Question would be would Lma
Also James would he let Leonard be the man

He knows his body

Chomag
06-08-2018, 10:58 PM
I think it would be more Lamarsha you would have to worry about. Muh touches!

SpurPadre
06-08-2018, 11:03 PM
He's gonna be an old 34 year old. Fuck that ring-chaser, no loyalty ass, MJ wannabe motherfucker, tbh.

skin27
06-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Question would be would Lma
Also James would he let Leonard be the man

He knows his body

Everybody knows kawhi is the man in San Antonio, so it will be Lebron or kawhi..

marinoman
06-08-2018, 11:08 PM
I think at this point in his career it’ll be the opposite, and i also think that is what lebron wants, no more carrying

TheRemix
06-08-2018, 11:08 PM
LMA would be the one to worry about. Kawhi wouldn't mind playing off ball. He's about efficiency

KDKSpurs24
06-08-2018, 11:37 PM
During the offseason he mentioned that he was ready to hand Kyrie the keys when he was ready. Even if he was lying, in this case Kawhi will already have the keys. It would be fine.

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Kyrie got all the touches he could handle while playing with LeBron, and he was nowhere near Kawhi's level in any facet of basketball..Wade still got a huge share of the offense, as well, despite being past his prime..

Aldridge will loses his touches, but he would probably ask for a trade if LeBron wanted to join SA, anyways .

xtremesteven33
06-08-2018, 11:49 PM
Lebron knows if he came to SA, Pop calls the shots.

daslicer
06-08-2018, 11:49 PM
The question to ask is will Kawhi even be here in SA next year.

Spurtacular
06-08-2018, 11:52 PM
Two-headed beast, tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2018, 11:54 PM
He's gonna be an old 34 year old. Fuck that ring-chaser, no loyalty ass, MJ wannabe motherfucker, tbh.

:lol This guy will be camping out in front of the team shop to buy a James jersey if LeBron actually signs with the Spurs.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2018, 11:57 PM
LMA would be the one to worry about. Kawhi wouldn't mind playing off ball. He's about efficiency

If he is healthy he would be just fine. As long as his mind is right. He would still dominate defensively and likely average over 20. Still have a great season. LeMarcus is the one that would be unhappy. He would likely average like 14 or 15 a game. He wants his 22-23 a game..

DJR210
06-08-2018, 11:57 PM
I think Kawhi would prefer it tbh, as long as he still got his.. I think LMA would be the bigger question mark.

phxspurfan
06-09-2018, 01:10 AM
Fuck Kawhi

John B
06-09-2018, 01:30 AM
I think some nights it would be LeBron, some nights it would be Kawhi or LMA. It’s making sure everyone’s healthy come playoffs. While Dubs being gunned down every night, playing 5th extended season. I doubt they’d be healthy. Injuries already creeping on their players this championship run.

Slippy
06-09-2018, 02:33 AM
I think at this point in his career it’ll be the opposite, and i also think that is what lebron wants, no more carrying

Kawhi aint close to lebrons playmaking ability so don't see it being an issue. Coaches will say how it is.

coachmac87
06-09-2018, 04:04 AM
Kyrie got all the touches he could handle while playing with LeBron, and he was nowhere near Kawhi's level in any facet of basketball..Wade still got a huge share of the offense, as well, despite being past his prime..

Aldridge will loses his touches, but he would probably ask for a trade if LeBron wanted to join SA, anyways .

Tbh that would be the right move depending on the return. LMA isn’t great as a second option and I think he’d be horrible as a 3rd due to his lack of 3pt range..

Let’s not forget he was last pick in All-Star draft by LeBron :lol

rasuo214
06-09-2018, 04:23 AM
I'd be a lot more concerned about LMA. Kawhi already has experience playing the sidekick role, LMA completely folded when he was put in that role. LMA would basically become the Bosh/Love, the 3rd option that gets a lot of the blame when things go bad.

r0drig0lac
06-09-2018, 06:21 AM

win win

barbacoataco
06-09-2018, 07:18 AM
Lebron, Leonard and Aldridge are a formidable big 3. But the Spurs still would need shooters, and I don't see Murray as the starting PG on that team.

barbacoataco
06-09-2018, 07:19 AM
I don't think Aldridge would ask for a trade.

sananspursfan21
06-09-2018, 07:36 AM
I think you mean: “would Kawhi accept a sidekick” :claw

John B
06-09-2018, 08:39 AM
Green/Kawhi/LeBron/LMA are already shooters. DJ can just be a facilitator/rebound/defense like Draymond

tenbeersbold
06-09-2018, 09:15 AM
DJ needs to spend all summer learning how to get to and finish at the rim,no reason he can't

In Parker he's got possibly the best pg ever at those skills to learn from

look_at_g_shred
06-09-2018, 09:15 AM
I think at this point In pop’s career, he’s letting the players play instead of worrying about every single detail. He’s learned for the Aldridge thing.

MultiTroll
06-09-2018, 09:18 AM
:lol New sheriff in town ain't gonna cow-tow to Popped.

LeBron well aware of how 2013 Game 6 was choked over to his team due to strategy idiocy.

sasaint
06-09-2018, 09:18 AM
I don't think Aldridge would ask for a trade.

Not in year 1 of a team that might be the favorite to win the title.

sasaint
06-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Two-headed beast, tbh.

Exactly, with neither player having to log too many minutes.

Vic Petro
06-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Kawhi would be fine, it’s Uncle Dennis who wants Kawhi to be the man so he can build Big Baller Brand 2

Chinook
06-09-2018, 10:04 AM
There's more to being a sidekick than touches. Kyrie couldn't take being in James' shadow. Leonard's people probably can't either

BSfromTX
06-09-2018, 10:08 AM
They all need to accept whatever unless they want to watch warriors rake in chips the next few years

skin27
06-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Apalisoc will become the number 1 hater of Lebron if he join the spurs and steal the limelight from kawhi..:lmao

Spurtacular
06-09-2018, 12:55 PM
Apalisoc will become the number 1 hater of Lebron if he join the spurs and steal the limelight from kawhi..:lmao

He's a player fan through and through and will thus be happy to attach himself to Lebron's sac like a barnacle. He'll certainly conflict himself at some point though.

cd98
06-09-2018, 01:26 PM
If Kawhi was an alpha...a la Kobe, no way he sits out the whole season and the playoffs after getting cleared.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2018, 01:32 PM
If Kawhi was an alpha...a la Kobe, no way he sits out the whole season and the playoffs after getting cleared.

:lol Nobody's ever milked injuries like Kobe did, and he certainly wasn't an alpha. I'll give you that he wouldn't sit out the season, though. He'd play and actively hurt the team's chances of winning with his theatrics, all for the sake of his own ego.

alpha_HaZE
06-09-2018, 04:16 PM
As others have already noted, I wouldn't worry about Kawhi but LaMarcus. And in all honesty, if Lebron wants to join the team, I hope we trade LA.

If we were to keep LA, that means Danny, Rudy, Kyle, Bertans, Patty and more of our role players are gone. That would suck. Also, we will most likely lose our draft pick this year and future ones trying to move Pau and Patti to make space for Lebron.

If Lebron comes to SA it has to be long-term, which means we need draft picks, young players, and a core of veterans locked into reasonable long term contracts.

Our vets will be; Danny, Rudy, Patti, and Tony.

Our young players; DJ, Kyle, Bertans, and whoever we draft.

Those will be enough with KL and Lebron to get us over Rockets/Warriors.

John B
06-09-2018, 05:43 PM
If LMA is moved, I hope it’s for Cousins or a similar big. He’s UFA but can sign and trade? Why NO would do that? I don’t think Cousins paired well with Davis, and LMA resurrected his game as All-NBA. Cousins is not your typical low post big who will clog the middle, he can run and hit outside. But then again LMA already knows the system just the issue of not sharing or would he? Will Cousins be a viable option if we don’t get LeBron? DJ/Danny/Kawhi/LMA/Cousins. Wow the possibilities.

John B
06-09-2018, 05:46 PM
If LeBron recruited Cousins to join and take cuts. It’s DJ/Kawhi/LeBron/LMA/Cousins. Just cancel the regular season. But that will be ridiculous :lol

DAF86
06-09-2018, 05:56 PM
There's more to being a sidekick than touches. Kyrie couldn't take being in James' shadow. Leonard's people probably can't either

Why?

alpha_HaZE
06-09-2018, 06:30 PM

That's a fair concern. My hope is that, given that Lebron is getting older, if he were to join the Spurs he would do that because he wants to extend his carreer hence play on minutes restriction, sit out during some back to backs, and let Kawhi do his thing during reg season.

apalisoc_9
06-09-2018, 06:40 PM
The moment Lebron signs that SA deal is the moment Leonards camp will request a trade.

Seventyniner
06-09-2018, 07:54 PM
If LMA is moved, I hope it’s for Cousins or a similar big. He’s UFA but can sign and trade? Why NO would do that? I don’t think Cousins paired well with Davis, and LMA resurrected his game as All-NBA. Cousins is not your typical low post big who will clog the middle, he can run and hit outside. But then again LMA already knows the system just the issue of not sharing or would he? Will Cousins be a viable option if we don’t get LeBron? DJ/Danny/Kawhi/LMA/Cousins. Wow the possibilities.

If Aldridge is moved, it would be in a sign-and-trade for LeBron himself, with LeBron opting in. The Cavs would fall all over themselves to get Aldridge rather than let LeBron walk for nothing.

K...
06-09-2018, 08:38 PM
If Aldridge is moved, it would be in a sign-and-trade for LeBron himself, with LeBron opting in. The Cavs would fall all over themselves to get Aldridge rather than let LeBron walk for nothing.

Why? That wouldn't make them contenders , are they trading him in a three way for picks? It would make sense of they had kyrie but they don't. And unhappy lamarcus isn't all nba.

sasaint
06-09-2018, 08:47 PM

Leonard would bask in LeBron's shadow.

coachmac87
06-09-2018, 08:52 PM
The moment Lebron signs that SA deal is the moment Leonards camp will request a trade.

Then LeBron wouldn’t sign you twat

Chinook
06-09-2018, 09:09 PM
Leonard would bask in LeBron's shadow.

He might. His group would not.

K...
06-09-2018, 09:17 PM

But would his group stand up to lebron James 's group? I just think that across the NBA you have egos like this but you don't see entourage interests routinely decide movements (although many moves are of congruent benefit to player and group). Now maybe kawhi is uniquely weak but you don't hear players bail on title level teams because of uncle and the like.

coachmac87
06-09-2018, 09:22 PM
But would his group stand up to lebron James 's group? I just think that across the NBA you have egos like this but you don't see entourage interests routinely decide movements (although many moves are of congruent benefit to player and group). Now maybe kawhi is uniquely weak but you don't hear players bail on title level teams because of uncle and the like.

And passing on possibly 200M+

sasaint
06-09-2018, 09:22 PM

His group is delusional about Kawhi fronting some huge "brand". Kawhi is not a front man on or off the court.

It will be interesting to see how his brand performs in the market once Kawhi returns to the court.

skin27
06-09-2018, 09:40 PM
See apo can’t accept Lebron playing for the spurs..hahaha
because he couldn’t take Leonard being a sidekick of Lebron once he sign for the spurs..

ducks
06-09-2018, 10:53 PM
Lebron, Leonard and Aldridge are a formidable big 3. But the Spurs still would need shooters, and I don't see Murray as the starting PG on that team.

Leonard and James both could be point forwards
Murray would need to develop at least corner 3

ducks
06-09-2018, 10:56 PM

Why Leonard might get better endorsements with James here and more team coverage
Also Leonard does not want to be man he does not want the added pressure

kuato
06-09-2018, 10:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfOCyyZUwAAZp8O.jpg

DMC
06-10-2018, 12:39 AM
The only way either of them worry about this is if they are losing. If they are winning, you won't hear a peep.

DMC
06-10-2018, 12:42 AM

That would be stupid. It would make the Spurs the only team in the league to legit threaten the Warriors. Kawhi elsewhere other than Houston would be Kawhi either missing the playoffs or not going deep in them.

acoelho1
06-10-2018, 06:43 AM
Will LeBron accept a sidekick role? Kawhi will have a monster year next season.

duncan2k5
06-10-2018, 09:03 AM
I actually think Kawhi is the basketball alpha to lebron... Dude definitely doesn't shy from the moment, and was on the way to becoming MJ-like in terms of dominance... The way he erased harden from the mvp race in that late season game when he hit the clutch three, then blocked harden at the rim... Then his singlehanded dominance of the warriors had him on a legendary path... Lebron would be the more media - friendly face though... I'll tell u this... Lebron at SF and Kawhi at SG would be a problem for the opposition

duncan2k5
06-10-2018, 09:20 AM
:lol Nobody's ever milked injuries like Kobe did, and he certainly wasn't an alpha. I'll give you that he wouldn't sit out the season, though. He'd play and actively hurt the team's chances of winning with his theatrics, all for the sake of his own ego.

100% accurate on all counts

cd021
06-10-2018, 09:35 AM

If he is healthy he would be just fine. As long as his mind is right. He would still dominate defensively and likely average over 20. Still have a great season. LeMarcus is the one that would be unhappy. He would likely average like 14 or 15 a game. He wants his 22-23 a game..

Fewer touches but he would absolutely feast in Pick and Pop situations with Lebron. He'd probably average like 20 ppg on 15 attempts

duncan2k5
06-10-2018, 09:51 AM
No credible, tangible report has ever come out about Kawhi’s uncle being money hungry... Ppl making WILD baseless assumptions based on media speculation... The same media that wants Kawhi to go to their respective markets... The ONE credible report was them turning down the shoe deal, and that one Is understandable because the amount they were offering was incredibly low compared to other players...

SuperCam
06-10-2018, 11:14 AM

i've been saying this for months tbh. the playerfan krew is going to hate it if the Kang comes to SA because they honestly think Kiwi is actually a better player :lol

SilverSpur
06-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Kawhi would not be second fiddle on defense. Whom ever wants to steal the ball just does it so Kawhi would still be the man on D
On offense we play team ball so it would be up to Pop to decide who gets the ball based on match ups and who hot that night. LMA went bitching last year to a pop because he was no longer the man like he was in Portland and when Kawhi went down that settled the problem for one year, now let’s see how he reacts to Having to play with both Kawhi and LeBron.

tmtcsc
06-10-2018, 11:59 AM
I would see them more as partners. Lebron is a better all-around offensive player and leader but Kawhi is the better defender. Don't get me wrong, he's very good on offense too but he doesn't create much for his teammates.

spurraider21
06-10-2018, 12:11 PM
He plays sidekick to his fucking uncle in life. Doubt he’d mind in basketball

Dex
06-10-2018, 12:11 PM

Fuck his group, then.

Mark in Austin
06-10-2018, 03:19 PM
LeBron's group isn't very Spurs-esque either, TBH.

DMC
06-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Will LeBron accept a sidekick role? Kawhi will have a monster year next season.

Kawhi will spend half the year trying to get his legs back. Then he'll miss more games because of the phantom injury which is likely just atrophy from toilet sitting.

DMC
06-10-2018, 03:34 PM
He plays sidekick to his fucking uncle in life. Doubt he’d mind in basketball

:bobo

YGWHI
06-11-2018, 09:40 AM
In his last season in Cleveland, Kyrie averaged more FGAs than LeBron. The previous year, he won a title having the ball in his hands in the last seconds of game 7, taking and making the last shot.

LeBron knows it, he needs Kawhi playing at MVP level on both ends to have a shot against GSW.

Fuck his group, then.

It's funny how people want to see Kawhi's camp as villains when they just want the best deals and money for him...They aren't that stupid, they know that Kyrie sold a lot more being LBJ's teammate than in his first year as Celtic.

John B
06-11-2018, 09:50 AM
Agree. Playing with LeBron would help his stock. Rings sell shoes.

skin27
06-13-2018, 01:18 AM
Same happened when Lebron joined Miami back in 2010, wade bacame the 2nd option..whether leonards camp like it or not that’s how it goes if you have Lebron on the team..

cutewizard
06-13-2018, 02:35 AM
I actually think Kawhi is the basketball alpha to lebron... Dude definitely doesn't shy from the moment, and was on the way to becoming MJ-like in terms of dominance... The way he erased harden from the mvp race in that late season game when he hit the clutch three, then blocked harden at the rim... Then his singlehanded dominance of the warriors had him on a legendary path... Lebron would be the more media - friendly face though... I'll tell u this... Lebron at SF and Kawhi at SG would be a problem for the opposition

Amen. Totally agree.

cutewizard
06-13-2018, 07:29 AM
LeBron's group isn't very Spurs-esque either, TBH.

Russell here is almost as tall as Timmy

Phenomanul
06-13-2018, 09:22 AM
I would see them more as partners. Lebron is a better all-around offensive player and leader but Kawhi is the better defender. Don't get me wrong, he's very good on offense too but he doesn't create much for his teammates.

They would, via synergy, get better offensively because they would each take the pressure off of each other.

bdictjames
06-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't want LeBron on the Spurs? Do we really want a superteam? I feel like with the class and history our organization had, we shouldn't go by those standards. But that's just me. :bobo

ducks
07-06-2018, 06:05 PM
HE DOES NOT EVEN WANT TO PLAY WITH HIM ANY TEAM