PDA

View Full Version : WOAI is reporting that KL will sign an extension

blizz
06-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Didn’t see it posted. If it was. Too bad.

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/spurs-kawhi-leonard-expected-to-agree-to-extension-per-report

Come on down Lebron.

blizz
06-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Eh. It was kinda posted and it’s still speculation. Nevermind. My bad. I’d delete if I could.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Of course he'd sign the supermax. The question is whether the Spurs would be willing to offer it.

ducks
06-11-2018, 12:33 PM
this leak did not come out by accident
I think it meant to attract other fa's

coachmac87
06-11-2018, 12:49 PM
this leak did not come out by accident
I think it meant to attract other fa's

LeBron

Chinook
06-11-2018, 01:00 PM
Of course he'd sign the supermax. The question is whether the Spurs would be willing to offer it.

Wonder if their pursuit of James is tied to their negotiations with Leonard. I've been thinking about ways to make Kawhi's contract more manageable for a team trying to compete, and having the DPE take place starting in 2020 makes the most sense. To save everyone the trouble, that puts Leonard at a projected $199M/5 deal rather than $219M/5 deal. $20 Million isn't a ton to give up when considering the increased exposure he'd get, but the new timing would allow the Spurs to skirt the tax for years, with LMA's peak APY still occurring when Kawhi's APY is low and then dropping off when the DPE money kicks in. Kawhi signing such a contract could give the Spurs the angle they need to get James to sign a smaller extension (like $110M/3), which actually leaves them room to re-up Anderson and Bertans or use the MLE.

BillMc
06-11-2018, 01:08 PM
Wonder if their pursuit of James is tied to their negotiations with Leonard. I've been thinking about ways to make Kawhi's contract more manageable for a team trying to compete, and having the DPE take place starting in 2020 makes the most sense. To save everyone the trouble, that puts Leonard at a projected $199M/5 deal rather than $219M/5 deal. $20 Million isn't a ton to give up when considering the increased exposure he'd get, but the new timing would allow the Spurs to skirt the tax for years, with LMA's peak APY still occurring when Kawhi's APY is low and then dropping off when the DPE money kicks in. Kawhi signing such a contract could give the Spurs the angle they need to get James to sign a smaller extension (like $110M/3), which actually leaves them room to re-up Anderson and Bertans or use the MLE.

What do you mean "exposure"? Are you assuming signing LeBron, and the natural media exposure that would come with that? That would generate shoe deals, etc. Or some other type of exposure I'm not thinking of? Thanks.

Chinook
06-11-2018, 01:19 PM
What do you mean "exposure"? Are you assuming signing LeBron, and the natural media exposure that would come with that? That would generate shoe deals, etc. Or some other type of exposure I'm not thinking of? Thanks.

Yeah. I think his shoe deal would be bigger as part of a Big Three as it is a reluctant superstar. If Kawhi were to market himself like Lillard, then he'd be bigger on his own. But if he allows himself to be rebranded as the next Pippen, he'll get the increase he wants and the bigger contract. I have my doubts about his group seeing things that way, but that'd definitely be PATFO's pitch if I were part of the team.

BillMc
06-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Yeah. I think his shoe deal would be bigger as part of a Big Three as it is a reluctant superstar. If Kawhi were to market himself like Lillard, then he'd be bigger on his own. But if he allows himself to be rebranded as the next Pippen, he'll get the increase he wants and the bigger contract. I have my doubts about his group seeing things that way, but that'd definitely be PATFO's pitch if I were part of the team.

Cheers. Thanks for the clarification. :toast

Seventyniner
06-11-2018, 01:37 PM

Would the Spurs' offer go like this: "We'll give you 199/5 if LeBron comes here and the full 219/5 if he doesn't"? Because the Spurs can't talk to LeBron until July 1, unless we accept that all teams tamper.

RichB
06-11-2018, 01:39 PM

Is Danny Green going to be linked to this as well given his relationship with Kawhi and perhaps Lebron? Would this team be able to have their big 3, and a suffucient supporting cast including quality shooters?

SpursDynasty85
06-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Would the Spurs' offer go like this: "We'll give you 199/5 if LeBron comes here and the full 219/5 if he doesn't"? Because the Spurs can't talk to LeBron until July 1, unless we accept that all teams tamper.

I was also thinking the same thing. Free agency is not until July 2nd. Considering the source of this it does not seem very credit worthy but more just to ease tensions a bit for now.

Chinook
06-11-2018, 01:43 PM

They can talk to Lebron by talking to Cavs and trying to negotiate a trade, ala CP3. That remains the most desirable way to acquire James from both SA's and Lebron's perspectives, and I expect teams to get such conversations with James going before the draft, if only so he can factor that into his decision. Houston is definitely going to try this.

Chinook
06-11-2018, 01:48 PM
Is Danny Green going to be linked to this as well given his relationship with Kawhi and perhaps Lebron? Would this team be able to have their big 3, and a suffucient supporting cast including quality shooters?

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=16040863355b1eb9c3dd466748788473

That's sort of what I was going for. If the starting lineup has Murray, Kawhi, James and Aldridge all in there at once, then spacing may be an issue. That's one of the reasons why I wouldn't be opposed to swapping out Murray for White. Starting a PG and PF shooter would definitely help there, and all three of the stars can shoot well enough to keep teams honest. It's not like with Wade.

marinoman
06-11-2018, 01:51 PM
I would like kawhi to take less money to make it easier to max lebron but I know he won’t, understandable, just glad it seems like he’s staying

bklynspursfan
06-11-2018, 01:54 PM

Chinook
06-11-2018, 01:55 PM
What he didn't tweet out is that Kawhi's group had some thugs rough him up behind the Chipotle a few minutes later.

szkorhetz
06-11-2018, 01:55 PM
If Bron comes, I would actually swap LMA for a floor spacing big man and a realiable 3&D player. Something like Favors+Ingles for LMA.

bklynspursfan
06-11-2018, 01:57 PM
What he didn't tweet out is that Kawhi's group had some thugs rough him up behind the Chipotle a few minutes later.

:lol

goliath
06-11-2018, 01:58 PM
https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nation/article/Spurs-Kawhi-Leonard-relationship-could-be-12984918.php

Per Jabari Leonard

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-11-2018, 02:00 PM
If Bron comes, I would actually swap LMA for a floor spacing big man and a realiable 3&D player. Something like Favors+Ingles for LMA.

marinoman
06-11-2018, 02:01 PM
According to steve kyler, the guy in the OP, lebron leaning towards family more than basketball, so he may stay put

bklynspursfan
06-11-2018, 02:02 PM
According to steve kyler, the guy in the OP, lebron leaning towards family more than basketball, so he may stay put

Unless his fam is ok moving elsewhere

BillMc
06-11-2018, 02:03 PM
https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nation/article/Spurs-Kawhi-Leonard-relationship-could-be-12984918.php

Per Jabari Leonard

Cheers.

And Spurs trying to re-sign Kyle to more than the qualifying offer allegedly. Good news for SAGirl.

Chinook
06-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Cheers.

And Spurs trying to re-sign Kyle to more than the qualifying offer allegedly. Good news for SAGirl.

Blocked behind the paywall. What did they say about Anderson?

marinoman
06-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Unless his fam is ok moving elsewhere
San Antonio has to be close to bottom of that list though. Miami,LA, afghanistan are all ahead

travis2
06-11-2018, 02:08 PM

Qualifying offer is probable; looks to be $4.7M. Supposedly working on longer term agreement.

tmtcsc
06-11-2018, 02:09 PM

That was gas.

BillMc
06-11-2018, 02:10 PM

In other contract news, the Spurs are also looking to re-sign forward Kyle Anderson, who can become a restricted free agent this summer. The team is expected to offer Anderson his qualifying offer, which increased to roughly $4.7 million. The Spurs will be allowed to submit the offer on June 29.

If a long-term deal isn’t reached, Anderson can seek out a contract from another team, which the Spurs can match, or sign the qualifying offer and become an unrestricted free agent next summer.
Leagues sources tell the Express-News, about seven teams could make a run at Anderson during free agency.
Anderson had his most productive season with the Spurs since being drafted in 2014. He averaged career-highs in points (7.9) rebounds (5.4) and assists (2.7) in 74 games.

Mugen
06-11-2018, 02:23 PM
God i really hope they don't overpay for fathead.

BillMc
06-11-2018, 02:25 PM

I wonder if Forbes and Bertans are history?

Chinook
Qualifying offer is probable; looks to be $4.7M. Supposedly working on longer term agreement.

Thanks to you and BillMc for the update.

There's a bit of a gap between Anderson's QO and cap hold that makes a long-term deal more possible. I expect to see something similar to what Crowder got, but it might make more sense for all sides to move on.

cd98

Yes, but he is a good 7th or 8th man in a rotation. Slow as he is, he is the player of the future, a multi-skilled wing player. He could crack a top 5 rotation if he could ever consistently shoot.

cd98
06-11-2018, 02:27 PM

They are low priority. But outside of Patty Mills and maybe Kawhi assuming he re-signs, who will be able to shoot threes?

Mugen
06-11-2018, 02:35 PM

I hope Bertans stays. I want Forbes gone.

Yes, but he is a good 7th or 8th man in a rotation. Slow as he is, he is the player of the future, a multi-skilled wing player. He could crack a top 5 rotation if he could ever consistently shoot.

A player of the future shouldn't be a huge liability on one end of the floor come playoff time. If he wants to take a little more than his qualifying offer then fine. But other than that, i'd rather bring in a player the Warriors can't completely sag off of in a potential playoff series.

r0drig0lac
06-11-2018, 02:46 PM
San Antonio has to be close to bottom of that list though. Miami,LA, afghanistan are all ahead

Syria, do not forget Syria

goliath
06-11-2018, 02:50 PM

Article also says:
kwahi and pop to meet possibly this week
Trade rumors dying down with many in the league surprised the talk ever gained any traction.
Kwahi at 97% expected to be 100% by camp
Pop wants to talk to lebron in free agency and lebron likely to meet with him

dabom
06-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Fathead. :lmao

5mil per. :lmao. SAGirl

bigfan
06-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Bertans and Forbes blow and would not be missed. Anderson is ok if not too expensive.

DAF86
06-11-2018, 03:34 PM
Fathead. :lmao

5mil per. :lmao. SAGirl

I remember when I argued that was his price and she and others tried to sell me he was some sort of double digits per year guy. :lol

K...
06-11-2018, 03:36 PM
I remember when I argued that was his price and she and others tried to sell me he was some sort of double digits per year guy. :lol

That's his qualifying offer, we don't know his market rate, but in an ordinary market he's worth at least Danny green money

baseline bum
06-11-2018, 03:41 PM

League minimum would be overpaying so of course they're overpaying that POS.

dabom
06-11-2018, 03:49 PM

Cap raises to 100 mil and the guy makes 5mil per. :lmao

dabom
06-11-2018, 03:50 PM
That's his qualifying offer, we don't know his market rate, but in an ordinary market he's worth at least Danny green money

No he's not. :lol

K...
06-11-2018, 03:58 PM
No he's not. :lol

Two guys who can't shoot, one can defend do the math

dabom
06-11-2018, 04:00 PM

I do the math? That wasn't a breakdown. :lmao

dabom
06-11-2018, 04:06 PM
I've talked about fathead strengths and weaknesses for years. Dude is a tomato can. :lmao

K...
06-11-2018, 04:06 PM
I do the math? That wasn't a breakdown. :lmao

Hey Wait why aren't you banned?

dabom
06-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Hey Wait why aren't you banned?

Why would I? :lol

BackHome
06-11-2018, 04:24 PM

To be honest he needs to refund that 19 millions dollars he got paid last year to play in New York. Dude barely played in 9 games which equals to us paying him 2 million a game Geez and people bitch about Patty contract. Lol

BackHome
06-11-2018, 04:30 PM
Why would I? :lol

You know why but I’ll give you some slack because when your not acting like a little bitch you are actually a very good poster. Keep the childish shit out of this forum your should be better then that and you can add so much more to this forum. Peace Out.

BackHome
06-11-2018, 04:31 PM

To be honest he needs to refun that 19 millions dollars he got paid last year to play in New York.

BackHome
06-11-2018, 04:41 PM

Bullshit dude is a zero on offense.

BackHome
06-11-2018, 04:43 PM
Bertans and Forbes blow and would not be missed. Anderson is ok if not too expensive.

Add Parker, Joffrey, Anderson, Green, and Paul to that list.

BatManu20
06-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Kyle is fine on a reasonable contract and a good regular season minutes-eater tbh. He’s just awful against Golden State (and any other long, athletic team).

cd98
06-11-2018, 05:00 PM
I don't see Lebron taking a paycut for any team. I don't know about Kawhi taking a paycut to get a better roster. But Lebron has already said he won't play for less than market value and the way he made the Cavs spend for him to re-sign with them turned that franchise into a wreck. That lone championship is costing them a fortune, especially if Lebron (and his related ticket sales and tv market money) leaves Cavs again.

cd98
06-11-2018, 05:01 PM
Kyle is fine on a reasonable contract and a good regular season minutes-eater tbh. He’s just awful against Golden State (and any other long, athletic team).

He's good because he can guard multiple positions. He's bad because he can't spread the floor due to his unreliable jump shot.

baseline bum
06-11-2018, 05:15 PM
I don't see Lebron taking a paycut for any team. I don't know about Kawhi taking a paycut to get a better roster. But Lebron has already said he won't play for less than market value and the way he made the Cavs spend for him to re-sign with them turned that franchise into a wreck. That lone championship is costing them a fortune, especially if Lebron (and his related ticket sales and tv market money) leaves Cavs again.

Yeah James got betrayed by Mickey Arison when he, Bosh, and Wade took paycuts to get Mike Miller signed and then the owner amnestied him entering the 2013-14 season. Miller was so desperately needed by that Heat team, especially when Chalmers went into that huge slump in the Finals. I think he'd still be in Miami had Arison not decided to just pocket that paycut their big three took. James is never taking a single cent paycut again.

TD 21
06-11-2018, 05:15 PM
:lmao At those who ever doubted their interest in Anderson. I know this organization like the back of my hand and I've long said the only way he leaves is, if one of the teams with significant cap space, that's not projected to be big game hunting makes an exorbitant offer (something like 4/$40M). Short of that, expect something like a 3-4 years, $6-8M per year extension.

I'll be a mistake though. He's soft, can't/won't shoot 3s with an ounce of regularity and doesn't offer near enough shot creation/play making to be ball dominant. Worse, it'll likely rule out an Evans pursuit, which should be their number one (realistic) external priority.

In fact, if, as I suspect, they select a 3 and D wing whose NBA ready or close, it'll likely rule out them utilizing the MLE altogether (save for maybe dipping into it to sign Milutinov).

Look for Anderson-White (if Ginobili retires)-Parker to be the backup perimeter rotation next season and going forward, the 18th pick to become the starting SG, with Mills moving into Parker's role.

TheDoctor
06-11-2018, 05:21 PM
They are low priority. But outside of Patty Mills and maybe Kawhi assuming he re-signs, who will be able to shoot threes?
One thing is to shoot threes and the other to actually make them. Which that fat marsupial does not.

SpursDynasty85
06-11-2018, 05:22 PM
:lmao At those who ever doubted their interest in Anderson. I know this organization like the back of my hand and I've long said the only way he leaves is, if one of the teams with significant cap space, that's not projected to be big game hunting makes an exorbitant offer (something like 4/$40M). Short of that, expect something like a 3-4 years, $6-8M per year extension.

I'll be a mistake though. He's soft, can't/won't shoot 3s with an ounce of regularity and doesn't offer near enough shot creation/play making to be ball dominant. Worse, it'll likely rule out an Evans pursuit, which should be their number one (realistic) external priority.

In fact, if, as I suspect, they select a 3 and D wing whose NBA ready or close, it'll likely rule out them utilizing the MLE altogether (save for maybe dipping into it to sign Milutinov).

Look for Anderson-White (if Ginobili retires)-Parker to be the backup perimeter rotation next season and going forward, the 18th pick to become the starting SG, with Mills moving into Parker's role.

You left the Spurs biggest investment in their guard rotation out. Murray? Mills will likely stay starting sg. 3 and d player will replace Green or *gulp* KL. KA is fair at 6 mill. 8 mill is pushing it for me.

TD 21
06-11-2018, 05:37 PM
You left the Spurs biggest investment in their guard rotation out. Murray? Mills will likely stay starting sg. 3 and d player will replace Green or *gulp* KL. KA is fair at 6 mill. 8 mill is pushing it for me.

The clear inference was: Leonard-Mills-Murray will be the starting perimeter players. Beyond next season, Leonard-18th pick-Murray are likely to be, with Anderson-White-Mills backing up.

Play Boban
06-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Didn’t see it posted. If it was. Too bad.

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/spurs-kawhi-leonard-expected-to-agree-to-extension-per-report

Come on down Lebron.
If this happens I don’t know what I’m going to do tbh.

Play Boban
06-11-2018, 05:51 PM

:lol at the 18th pick being our starting SG. The average 18th pick in the draft is barely a rotation player.

dabom
06-11-2018, 05:54 PM
:lol at the 18th pick being our starting SG. The average 18th pick in the draft is barely a rotation player.

That is laughable. :lol

TD 21
06-11-2018, 06:08 PM
As an aside, Bertans is the most likely RFA to not return. With Gasol likely to continue on generally starting alongside Aldridge and Gay and Anderson likely to re-sign, I'll be difficult to come by more than spot minutes.

He could garner interest from a team(s) with significant cap space. The Nets specifically are looking for a stretch four. Hopefully Marks lays off, considering he only has his job because of his prior affiliation with the Spurs. If not, Babbitt or Casspi could be an inexpensive replacement.

The previous and current starting SG, were picked 46th and 55th respectively in '09. :wakeup

Obviously, that's rare, but you clearly don't know much about the draft. There's a good possibility of them drafting an older, projected 3 and D type. I'm not saying they'll definitely develop into a legit starter, just that projecting ahead that appears to be the plan. There's no other rational way to make sense of the back court long term.

Similar to Murray at PG. He's not a legit starter at this point, but he was the 29th pick and it took them all of a year and a half for them to give him the starting job over a future Hall-of-Famer. It shouldn't be difficult to envision them doing so with an 18th pick when a bench player is the current starting SG.

Play Boban
06-11-2018, 06:26 PM
Okay, TD 21, allow me to drop some truth bombs on you. Let’s look at all 18th picks since the 2010 draft.

2010 - Eric Bledsoe (good player)
2011 - Chris Singleton (scrub, in Europe)
2012 - Terrence Jones (G-League scrub :lol)
2013 - Shane Larkin (okay backup PG)
2014 - Tyler Ennis (lousy, injury prone backup SG)
2015 - Sam Decker (scrubby backup SF)
2016 - Henry Ellenson (scrub, backup PF)
2017 - T.J. Leaf (scrubby backup PF, granted he’s young)

:lol at banking on our 18th selection being our starting SG next year. Only one of those players is a starter, and Bledsoe is arguably a team cancer.

spurraider21
06-11-2018, 06:28 PM
anderson played surprisingly well during the regular season, overall.

but dno how you come away with his postseason and think we need to fork over some money to keep him. let him go get his solomon hill contract somewhere else

Snaq O'Meal
06-11-2018, 06:33 PM

Kyle’s actually done better against Golden State than Poop’s bunch of useless midgets.

TD 21
06-11-2018, 06:45 PM
:lmao
At the lack of reading comprehension on this board . . .

Okay, TD 21, allow me to drop some truth bombs on you. Let’s look at all 18th picks since the 2010 draft.

2010 - Eric Bledsoe (good player)
2011 - Chris Singleton (scrub, in Europe)
2012 - Terrence Jones (G-League scrub

)
2013 - Shane Larkin (okay backup PG)
2014 - Tyler Ennis (lousy, injury prone backup SG)
2015 - Sam Decker (scrubby backup SF)
2016 - Henry Ellenson (scrub, backup PF)
2017 - T.J. Leaf (scrubby backup PF, granted he’s young)

at banking on our 18th selection being our starting SG next year. Only one of those players is a starter, and Bledsoe is arguably a team cancer.

The clear inference was:

Leonard-Mills-Murray will be the starting perimeter players. Beyond next season, Leonard-18th pick-Murray are likely to be, with Anderson-White-Mills backing up.

[QU
OTE=TD 21;9418031]The previous and current starting SG, were picked 46th and 55th respectively in '09.
:wakeup

Obviously, that's rare, but you clearly don't know much about the draft. There's a good possibility of them drafting an older, projected 3 and D type. I'm not saying they'll definitely develop into a legit starter, just that projecting ahead that appears to be the plan. There's no other rational way to make sense of the back court long term.

Similar to Murray at PG. He's not a legit starter at this point, but he was the 29th pick and it took them all of a year and a half for them to give him the starting job over a future Hall-of-Famer. It shouldn't be difficult to envision them doing so with an 18th pick when a bench player is the current starting SG.[/QUOTE]

anderson played surprisingly well during the regular season, overall.

but dno how you come away with his postseason and think we need to fork over some money to keep him. let him go get his solomon hill contract somewhere else

I know this organization like the back of my hand and I've long said the only way he leaves is, if one of the teams with significant cap space, that's not projected to be big game hunting makes an exorbitant offer (something like 4/$40M). Short of that, expect something like a 3-4 years, $6-8M per year extension.

I'll be a mistake though. He's soft, can't/won't shoot 3s with an ounce of regularity and doesn't offer near enough shot creation/play making to be ball dominant.

spurraider21
06-11-2018, 06:52 PM
oh look, RJ 24 crying per par

SpurOutofTownFan
06-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Uncle doesn't approve

SpursDynasty85
06-11-2018, 07:30 PM

[QU
OTE=TD 21;9418031]The previous and current starting SG, were picked 46th and 55th respectively in '09.

Similar to Murray at PG. He's not a legit starter at this point, but he was the 29th pick and it took them all of a year and a half for them to give him the starting job over a future Hall-of-Famer. It shouldn't be difficult to envision them doing so with an 18th pick when a bench player is the current starting SG.

[/QUOTE]

Murray's playing time was accelerated by TP's horrific injury. Only KL really broke through as a rookie since Dejuan Blair. Nobody is saying it's not possible but history of the Spurs the playing time is earned through a patient grooming process unless another KL type steal happens in the draft. Honestly I hope Derrick White supplants Mills as the starting sg/pg that should compliment well with Murray. Mills and an athletic wing will better fit off the bench. Just my 2 cents.

sasaint
06-11-2018, 07:33 PM
He's good because he can guard multiple positions. He's bad because he can't spread the floor due to his unreliable jump shot.

Hey, it may be unreliable, but it's slow!

sasaint
06-11-2018, 07:44 PM
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[/LEFT]

Murray's playing time was accelerated by TP's horrific injury. Only KL really broke through as a rookie since Dejuan Blair. Nobody is saying it's not possible but history of the Spurs the playing time is earned through a patient grooming process unless another KL type steal happens in the draft. Honestly I hope Derrick White supplants Mills as the starting sg/pg that should compliment well with Murray. Mills and an athletic wing will better fit off the bench. Just my 2 cents.

White's sample size in "the show" is minuscule - even by Spurs' rookie standards. Even so, I really like what I have seen - especially in his PG mentality/skill (not to mention his shooting touch). So, in my Spurs fantasy universe he is the starting PG. That being so, Murray is no SG to pair with White. Nor do I want the ball in Murray's hands as a nominal PG, taking it out of White's. For me, the bottom line is the Spurs have an over-abundance of bodies and an dearth of skill at PG. I would like to see Murray in a package with Pau to bring back a decent rotation player.

DAF86
06-11-2018, 07:57 PM

Danny Green got his contract when he was one of the premier 3 and D guys. That version of Green was vastly superior to this version of Anderson. Kyle isn't worth more than 5 mils per year. If some team wants to overpay for him, good for Kyle, I just hope the Spurs aren't that team.

FkLA
06-11-2018, 08:15 PM
How many players that meet all the following conditions are there in the league?

(a) not on a rookie deal
(b) signed their contract under the current CBA
(c) earn less than $5 mill/yr
(d) is a legitimate rotation player

It just seems like Spur fans always have an unrealistic view of the market value of our players.

bigfan
06-11-2018, 08:27 PM
It is nice to read interesting posts again.

DAF86
06-11-2018, 08:34 PM
How many players that meet all the following conditions are there in the league?

(a) not on a rookie deal
(b) signed their contract under the current CBA
(c) earn less than $5 mill/yr
(d) is a legitimate rotation player

It just seems like Spur fans always have an unrealistic view of the market value of our players.

Manu.
Lance Stephenson.
Nick Young.
David West.
Looney.
Rondo.
Ian Clark.
Patterson.
Morris.
Baynes.
Monroe.

And I got tired of looking. Also, contracts from now on will be a lot more modest than what they were handing out untill last season.

SpursDynasty85
06-11-2018, 08:50 PM
Danny Green got his contract when he was one of the premier 3 and D guys. That version of Green was vastly superior to this version of Anderson. Kyle isn't worth more than 5 mils per year. If some team wants to overpay for him, good for Kyle, I just hope the Spurs aren't that team.

If KA can at all be a rotation player of any sort then you have to consider a guy at his age (which means durability) has to be somewhat valuable and with the money thrown around these days 5 to 7 mill seems like the bare minimum. Everybody is only seeing long athletic shooters as the new wave but that's not Spurs mo. They need some of those guys but ultimately Spurs have gone towards a swiss army knife type of line up. Have a serious system in place but have different tools and skill sets to use at different times. KA fits perfectly with a long and athletically skilled group. If you put the guys around him, he can thrive in spurts on offense and defense. He already fits in with the culture and knows most the plays and seems like a guy who would thrive in a teaching and making guys comfortable around him role. Like past Spurs players he should be more valuable to the Spurs than other teams which is why all signs lead to him resigning barring a big game hunting team going after fathead.

FkLA
06-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Manu. playing for love of the game+was coming off a generous contract
Lance Stephenson. retard and headcase
Nick Young. retard
David West. ring chaser
Looney. rookie contract
Rondo. bonafide cancer
Ian Clark. 10th-12th man
Patterson.
Morris. previous CBA
Baynes.
Monroe. post-buyout contract, will command more

And I got tired of looking. Also, contracts from now on will be a lot more modest than what they were handing out untill last season.

So Patterson and Baynes. And Baynes wasn't a rotation player in DET, we'll see what kind of offers he gets after a solid year in BOS.

FkLA
06-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Not saying you specifically said this DAF, but it's really dumb to judge Fathead as "unplayable" against GS because he faltered as a starter against them two years in a row. His role isn't to save the the Spurs when the team's best player goes down. Put a guy of the same caliber in the same situation (say Shaun Livingston) and he'd falter too. Put him on a great team, as a 15-18 MPG guy and Fathead can play that role just as well as Livingston does, imo.

Play Boban
06-11-2018, 09:20 PM

[QU

[/QUOTE]
:cry

cjw
06-11-2018, 09:23 PM
They can talk to Lebron by talking to Cavs and trying to negotiate a trade, ala CP3. That remains the most desirable way to acquire James from both SA's and Lebron's perspectives, and I expect teams to get such conversations with James going before the draft, if only so he can factor that into his decision. Houston is definitely going to try this.

Lebron is at $35.6mm so to make salaries match..

The pu pu platter of Pau and Mills ($28mm plus scraps) and pieces, or the pu pu platter of Ryan Anderson’s corpse for two more years and PJ Tucker or Eric Gordon ($30mm to $36mm)?

I take neither unless there’s a significant sweetener.

DAF86
06-11-2018, 10:12 PM
Not saying you specifically said this DAF, but it's really dumb to judge Fathead as "unplayable" against GS because he faltered as a starter against them two years in a row. His role isn't to save the the Spurs when the team's best player goes down. Put a guy of the same caliber in the same situation (say Shaun Livingston) and he'd falter too. Put him on a great team, as a 15-18 MPG guy and Fathead can play that role just as well as Livingston does, imo.

Is it worth it to pay more than 5 mils per year for a 15 mpg guy?

superbigtime
06-11-2018, 10:46 PM
what about Rudy?

sasaint
06-11-2018, 11:05 PM

Kyle averaged 14.8 mins per game last season with Kawhi out all season. I wonder if he will get that many minutes if a healthy Kawhi plays next season. And what if the Spurs can sign Rudy?

DAF86
06-11-2018, 11:09 PM
Kyle averaged 14.8 mins per game last season with Kawhi out all season. I wonder if he will get that many minutes if a healthy Kawhi plays next season. And what if the Spurs can sign Rudy?

Didn't even check but I'm pretty sure that number you gave is way off. Kyle must have been the second or third guy with the most minutes, tbh.

FkLA
06-11-2018, 11:14 PM

Why not? Livingston gets $8 mill/yr for his 16 MPG. Being good enough to provide 15 quality minutes on an elite team is valuable.

He played 26.7 MPG last season.

BackHome
06-11-2018, 11:23 PM
If Rudy leaves we are screwed Anderson and Joffrey what a fucking joke.

sasaint
06-12-2018, 12:14 AM
Why not? Livingston gets $8 mill/yr for his 16 MPG. Being good enough to provide 15 quality minutes on an elite team is valuable.

He played 26.7 MPG last season.

i must have punched up the wrong season. It seemed too low even as I posted it. But I was in a rush. Thanks for the accurate figure.

jbspurs
06-12-2018, 09:15 AM
If Rudy leaves we are screwed Anderson and Joffrey what a fucking joke.

And Rudy will endup signing with Warriors to give Spurs more headache.. Spurs need to sign Rudy, He is still serviceable.

TD 21
06-12-2018, 04:25 PM
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[/LEFT]

Murray's playing time was accelerated by TP's horrific injury. Only KL really broke through as a rookie since Dejuan Blair. Nobody is saying it's not possible but history of the Spurs the playing time is earned through a patient grooming process unless another KL type steal happens in the draft. Honestly I hope Derrick White supplants Mills as the starting sg/pg that should compliment well with Murray. Mills and an athletic wing will better fit off the bench. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

Parker briefly reassumed the starting position before ceding it. At that point, he wasn't playing markedly worse than recent seasons, which means Murray taking over as the starter sooner than later was clearly in the works beforehand.

If Ginobili retires, the 18th pick will likely be battling the likes of White, Forbes and even Bertans for minutes. Parker will also be rested occasionally and between him, Murray, Mills and Anderson, they're likely to miss some time with injuries. Forbes cleared 1500 minutes last season as a projected non rotation player, while Bertans cleared 1000 as a mostly non one.

White was likely drafted to be the Ginobili replacement and compliment to Mills off the bench. If you pair Mills with an athletic wing, you'll most likely be lacking in shot creation and play making. If you play him with White and Anderson, he can mostly play off ball, while they split the duties.

lmbebo
06-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Heard on NBA Radio that the Kwahi-Pop meeting is hopefully this week.

ducks
06-15-2018, 01:36 PM
NOT

phxspurfan
06-15-2018, 01:38 PM
LOLAI

K...
06-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Aw fuck just not with the Spurs

baseline bum
06-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Who would have guessed fake news from WOAI?