PDA

View Full Version : OT: Beating Nadal at the French Open is the most difficult task in any individual sport.

spursistan
06-11-2018, 04:13 PM

Epic level domination on the most demanding of tennis surfaces (Clay) considering a tennis player prime lasts around 7-8 years

Guy is 111-2 in best of 5 set matches on Clay. Mind-boggling.

Spurtacular
06-12-2018, 06:18 AM
Best ice skater tennis player of all-time.

Chris Fall
06-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Something to be said for longevity. But I don’t know. Pre-Robin Givens Mike Tyson was pretty daunting, even if it was just for a couple of years.

Arcadian
06-12-2018, 02:12 PM
It's gotta be in the top 5 most dominating runs in sports history.

Jules_Winnfield
06-12-2018, 02:37 PM
He's a warrior and a mental beast..

https://youtu.be/qTqHSztcPP0?t=2m20s

Tennis is a very good sport.

apalisoc_9
06-12-2018, 02:40 PM
2nd GOAT

The Gemini Method
06-14-2018, 04:29 PM
Imagine if injury didn't rob him of a few chances to even further cement his King of Clay moniker. I don't know tennis all that much. But is clay considered the toughest surface to play on?

Kawhitstorm
06-15-2018, 08:05 PM
Imagine if injury didn't rob him of a few chances to even further cement his King of Clay moniker. I don't know tennis all that much. But is clay considered the toughest surface to play on?

Power doesn't translate well on clay thus cats who don't have foot-speed get eaten alive.

Biggems
06-16-2018, 06:58 AM
What about beating the UConn women's basketball team, especially at UConn?

The Gemini Method
06-18-2018, 12:45 PM
Power doesn't translate well on clay thus cats who don't have foot-speed get eaten alive. Thank you for the clarification.

DAF86
06-18-2018, 05:41 PM

Clay is slower and has a higher bounce than other surfaces. Therefore points tend to be longer and more demanding. Players who tend to do better on this surface are those who hit their groundstrokes with a lot of spin and that have the physical tools (speed and endurance) to keep up with the demands of longer points and matches. You also need patience and high IQ to plan the strategy, since you won't win by just mindlessly trying to hit winners.

The Gemini Method
06-19-2018, 10:45 AM
Clay is slower and has a higher bounce than other surfaces. Therefore points tend to be longer and more demanding. Players who tend to do better on this surface are those who hit their groundstrokes with a lot of spin and that have the physical tools (speed and endurance) to keep up with the demands of longer points and matches. You also need patience and high IQ to plan the strategy, since you won't win by just mindlessly trying to hit winners.
I see. I appreciate the detailed explanation. I've only ever played on hard court but I can see what you're inferring being a part of clay.