PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Bottom 5 Worst Owners?

monosylab1k
06-12-2018, 01:46 PM
What’s everyone’s opinion on who the worst owners are? By my count there’s 7 or 8 who are clearly terrible owners, so it’s tough to make a bottom 5 fwiw imho tbh

1. Dolan
2. Gilbert
3. Ranadive
4. Prokhorov
5. Cuban

Dishonorable mention to: Jordan, Sarver, & the Buss children.

Bynumite
06-12-2018, 01:49 PM
LeBeta, whenever he decides to buy a team once he retires. Goddamn, he's a shitty GM.

06-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Agreed, Cuban is up there tbh

DMC
06-12-2018, 02:00 PM
I don't think Cuban is up there. I'd consider these guys (not sure who's who but just franchises)

Atlanta
Orlando
Phoenix
Sacramento
Lakers (inherited ownership is pure shit, plus she hired Magic and just look at their draft choices)
Knicks

Darth_Pelican
06-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Gayle Benson because she's only been owner a few months and gold dug her way into it.

Bill_Brasky
06-12-2018, 03:06 PM
PszozSTwmb4

Imagine being such a gigantically egotistical prick that you actually hire real musicians to play along with your shitty ass singing and pretend that you have talent.

spurraider21
06-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Knicks/Kings/Nets

league of their own

Chucho
06-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Jordan is pretty god-awful too.

Down Under
06-12-2018, 10:18 PM
LeBron did pretty well as Toronto's owner this year.

Spurtacular
06-12-2018, 11:40 PM
If worst isn't just based on hate, then no on Cuban. He has had some decent success as an owner. Same goes for Gilbert.

Pelicans78
06-13-2018, 05:03 AM
Sarvar is probably the worst.

DMC
06-14-2018, 12:34 AM
Gayle Benson because she's only been owner a few months and gold dug her way into it.

She's a hero in my book.

endrity
06-14-2018, 07:13 AM
Cuban is not bad in the sense that will not pay what it takes to win. He will do that.

His problem is that he massively overrates himself and ends up outsmarting rational decisions. Given that he found Dirk on the roster, his other best decision was to hire Carlisle. Other than that, his roster and draft moves have been horrible. He wasted Dirk's prime which should have yielded 1-2 other rings.

monosylab1k
06-29-2018, 02:56 PM
Dan Gilbery has to be the worst after this quote :lmao

Dan Gilbert told people he wants LeBron James to leave Cavaliers ‘because I’ll get my team back’
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dan-gilbert-told-people-180342358.html

DMC
06-29-2018, 03:27 PM

Dan Gilbert told people he wants LeBron James to leave Cavaliers ‘because I’ll get my team back’

"According to a couple of owners I’ve spoken to and a few executives I’ve spoken to, Dan Gilbert is known for not being particularly fond of LeBron James. He doesn’t mind the thought of LeBron James leaving at all. As a matter of fact, I had one executive tell me, “Excuse me, I can’t wait until he leaves, because I’ll get my team back.” This is something Dan Gilbert has actually echoed.

That is an exact quote from my sources that said that Dan Gilbert said that.":lmao

LA Media doing everything in its power to get the Lakers back on the map.

phxspurfan
06-29-2018, 03:35 PM
Robert Sarver

Clipper Nation
06-29-2018, 03:39 PM

:lol Why do people still believe Stephen A.'s drivel when he's never right about anything? His track record on NBA rumors is about as bad as Avante's track record on NFL betting.

monosylab1k
06-29-2018, 03:40 PM
:lol Why do people still believe Stephen A.'s drivel when he's never right about anything? His track record on NBA rumors is about as bad as Avante's track record on NFL betting.

Windhorst is confirming the same quote.

Clipper Nation
06-29-2018, 03:46 PM
Windhorst is confirming the same quote.

No he isn't. He said his personal opinion was that Gilbert thinks he can build a championship team without LeBron. That's not the same as Gilbert supposedly hating LeBron and wanting him to leave, which is the picture that Stephen A. is painting.

monosylab1k
06-29-2018, 03:51 PM
No he isn't. He said his personal opinion was that Gilbert thinks he can build a championship team without LeBron. That's not the same as Gilbert supposedly hating LeBron and wanting him to leave, which is the picture that Stephen A. is painting.

Windhorst said he wants to, not that he thinks he can.

:lol scared as fuck that your man crush is Laker bound.

Will Hunting
06-29-2018, 03:54 PM
There’s no way Sarver isn’t in the top 5.

Clipper Nation
06-29-2018, 04:02 PM
Windhorst said he wants to, not that he thinks he can.

:lol scared as fuck that your man crush is Laker bound.

You seriously can't tell the difference between this...

ESPN's Brian Windhorst said, "Dan Gilbert believes that he can build a championship team without LeBron, and I think he is looking forward to trying." Windhorst later clarified he was making his own comment, not citing the Cavaliers owner.

...and this?

Stephen A. Smith on ESPN: "Dan Gilbert is known for not being particularly fond of LeBron James... As a matter of fact, I had one executive tell me, "Excuse me, I can't wait until he leaves, because I'll get my team back." This is something Dan Gilbert has actually echoed... That is an exact quote from my sources that said that Dan Gilbert said that.

:lol Mavs fans turning into Lakers "fans" - sad state of affairs.

ambchang
06-29-2018, 04:30 PM
:lol today’s sports media putting out fake news to push their own profit driven agenda.

:lol LAPN

monosylab1k
06-29-2018, 04:38 PM
:lmao melting down over LeBron going to the Lakers

Caltex2
06-29-2018, 04:39 PM
Cuban is not bad in the sense that will not pay what it takes to win. He will do that.

His problem is that he massively overrates himself and ends up outsmarting rational decisions. Given that he found Dirk on the roster, his other best decision was to hire Carlisle. Other than that, his roster and draft moves have been horrible. He wasted Dirk's prime which should have yielded 1-2 other rings.

@your sig...

The Bucks still would have found a way to screw it up had they drafted Dirk. Look what they've done since Kareem.

baseline bum
06-29-2018, 05:10 PM
There’s no way Sarver isn’t in the top 5.

I'll be forever grateful to him for letting Joe Johnson walk and salary dumping his 2004 pick instead of drafting Iguodala.

Spurtacular
06-29-2018, 11:03 PM

"According to a couple of owners I’ve spoken to and a few executives I’ve spoken to, Dan Gilbert is known for not being particularly fond of LeBron James. He doesn’t mind the thought of LeBron James leaving at all. As a matter of fact, I had one executive tell me, “Excuse me, I can’t wait until he leaves, because I’ll get my team back.” This is something Dan Gilbert has actually echoed.

That is an exact quote from my sources that said that Dan Gilbert said that.":lmao

LA Media doing everything in its power to get the Lakers back on the map.

You seriously can't tell the difference between this...

ESPN's Brian Windhorst said, "Dan Gilbert believes that he can build a championship team without LeBron, and I think he is looking forward to trying." Windhorst later clarified he was making his own comment, not citing the Cavaliers owner.

...and this?

Stephen A. Smith on ESPN: "Dan Gilbert is known for not being particularly fond of LeBron James... As a matter of fact, I had one executive tell me, "Excuse me, I can't wait until he leaves, because I'll get my team back." This is something Dan Gilbert has actually echoed... That is an exact quote from my sources that said that Dan Gilbert said that.

:lol Mavs fans turning into Lakers "fans" - sad state of affairs.
Monoslob so easily set off. :lmao

Spurtacular
06-29-2018, 11:09 PM
PszozSTwmb4

Imagine being such a gigantically egotistical prick that you actually hire real musicians to play along with your shitty ass singing and pretend that you have talent.

Yea, he's like a guy doing karaoke. Not that bad, but not a pro. Also, this guy probably doesn't even give a f*ck about going to church.

monosylab1k
06-29-2018, 11:10 PM

:lmao Inceltacular

Spurtacular
06-29-2018, 11:16 PM
:lmao Inceltacular

Manfelcherslob

:rollin

StrengthAndHonor
06-29-2018, 11:35 PM
:lmao melting down over LeBron going to the Lakers
You should read some of the posts upstairs...:lol

DMC
06-29-2018, 11:41 PM

My response wasn't about Mono. It was about the desperation of the media to put Lebron in LA. 3rd party information is now proof and can be simply inserted in place of actual quotes.

Spurtacular
06-29-2018, 11:43 PM
My response wasn't about Mono. It was about the desperation of the media to put Lebron in LA. 3rd party information is now proof and can be simply inserted in place of actual quotes.

And posters like slob put stock in it, as ye can see.

DMC
06-29-2018, 11:51 PM
And posters like slob put stock in it, as ye can see.

Just a troll. No one thinks Lebron is going to LA. I don't see how it would be anything more for him than the 2012 dumpster fire they had. He's not a fan of the Lakers. He probably doesn't want to be in the Western Conference, and LA as a city is likely the only draw for him. I think he stays in Cleveland. If he ends up in LA, even with PG and Kawhi, they don't beat the Warriors. PG will be injured half the year and Kawhi won't be dominant with Lebron on the floor.

Spurtacular
06-30-2018, 12:12 AM
Just a troll. No one thinks Lebron is going to LA. I don't see how it would be anything more for him than the 2012 dumpster fire they had. He's not a fan of the Lakers. He probably doesn't want to be in the Western Conference, and LA as a city is likely the only draw for him. I think he stays in Cleveland. If he ends up in LA, even with PG and Kawhi, they don't beat the Warriors. PG will be injured half the year and Kawhi won't be dominant with Lebron on the floor.

If the Lakers traded for Kawhi, then PG and Lebron could sign. Kawhi is the domino to make it all happen. That's why the Spurs should give the Lakers the finger. That's how I see it happening. Lebron will not sign before a Kawhi trade, though.

DMC
06-30-2018, 08:36 PM
If the Lakers traded for Kawhi, then PG and Lebron could sign. Kawhi is the domino to make it all happen. That's why the Spurs should give the Lakers the finger. That's how I see it happening. Lebron will not sign before a Kawhi trade, though.

That trio isn't going to beat the Warriors. Paul George is a loser. Sure he can score and he defends well but he's not going to win anything. Kawhi Leonard isn't going to return to his 2015 form. The Spurs lost the few games he played with them last season. Who's to say he magically elevates back to where he was under Pop's system, while playing with two ball dominant players?

It would be a good team, but they wouldn't make it to the Finals. In Philly, Lebron might make it to the Finals. They won't beat Golden State but at this point Lebron has to see anything less than winning a ring right away as failure. He's more likely to stay in Cleveland, I think, than sign in LA. At least for the Lakers anyhow.

Spurtacular
06-30-2018, 11:26 PM
That trio isn't going to beat the Warriors. Paul George is a loser. Sure he can score and he defends well but he's not going to win anything. Kawhi Leonard isn't going to return to his 2015 form. The Spurs lost the few games he played with them last season. Who's to say he magically elevates back to where he was under Pop's system, while playing with two ball dominant players?

It would be a good team, but they wouldn't make it to the Finals. In Philly, Lebron might make it to the Finals. They won't beat Golden State but at this point Lebron has to see anything less than winning a ring right away as failure. He's more likely to stay in Cleveland, I think, than sign in LA. At least for the Lakers anyhow.

Regarding your assessment of that trio, that all may be true (or not); but I wouldn't bet against Lebron signing with the Lakers if they trade for Kawhi (even if PG isn't coming). Though, there is one report out there that I didn't take too seriously that Kawhi isn't enamored with the idea of playing in Lebron's potential shadow.

DMC
06-30-2018, 11:52 PM
Paul George is staying in OKC for 137m/4 years

:lol OKC

Spurtacular
07-01-2018, 12:30 AM
Paul George is staying in OKC for 137m/4 years

:lol OKC

Nigga wanted to get paid.

DMC
07-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Nigga wanted to get paid.

It's amazing how much money someone will give up to leave a shithole like Indiana. He'll be looking to leave OKC in less than 2.

Spurtacular
07-01-2018, 12:06 PM
It's amazing how much money someone will give up to leave a shithole like Indiana. He'll be looking to leave OKC in less than 2.

Everyone should want to play in Florida or Texas to avoid that state income tax, tbh. These idiots don't realize that they can live in nice places in the offseason and after their careers. Don't pass up on tens of millions, imo.

DMC
07-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Everyone should want to play in Florida or Texas to avoid that state income tax, tbh. These idiots don't realize that they can live in nice places in the offseason and after their careers. Don't pass up on tens of millions, imo.

They spend half their careers playing in other cities so they have to pay tax to various states. The end savings is negligible to someone making that much. State tax will rarely if ever be the deciding factor.

monosylab1k
07-01-2018, 09:27 PM
the desperation of the media to put Lebron in LA.

No one thinks Lebron is going to LA. I don't see how it would be anything more for him than the 2012 dumpster fire they had. He's not a fan of the Lakers.

Lebron could sign.

I wouldn't bet against Lebron signing with the Lakers

:lmao when Derp’s takes are less retarded than DMC’s.

DMC
07-01-2018, 10:17 PM

Means Boston in the Finals next year, vs GS. Lebron won't see another Finals until GS suffers injury misfortune.

Spurtacular
07-01-2018, 10:52 PM

The media is desperate for Lebron to sign in LA, though. You need to learn to pick your battles, dude.