PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive: Trump looking to erect tent cities to house unaccompanied children

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

RandomGuy
06-12-2018, 04:36 PM
They have only been doing this vastly expanded policy for a month or so.

This is going to be a humanitarian disaster, and the longer it continues, the greater the chance that some child will die in one of these centers, and the greater the chance that will be due to negligence of some sort on the part of overwhelmed caregivers.

I am deeply ashamed of my country for this. It is evil. Period.

WASHINGTON
The Trump administration is looking to build tent cities at military posts around Texas to shelter the increasing number of unaccompanied migrant children being held in detention.

The Department of Health and Human Services will visit Fort Bliss, a sprawling Army base near El Paso in the coming weeks to look at a parcel of land where the administration is considering building a tent city to hold between 1,000 and 5,000 children, according to U.S. officials and other sources familiar with the plans.

HHS officials confirmed that they’re looking at the Fort Bliss site along with Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene and Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo for potential use as temporary shelters.

The aggressive plan comes at the same time that child shelters are filling up with more children who have been separated from their parents. The number of migrant children held in U.S. government custody without their parents has increased more than 20 percent as Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen rolled out the administration's new policy zero tolerance policy that separates children from their parents who now face prosecution.

More than 10,000 migrant children are being held at HHS shelters, which are now 95 percent full.

The Trump administration has blamed Congress for allowing loopholes that require federal authorities to release illegal immigrants to await hearings for which many don’t show up.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein at a roundtable last month with Trump charged that those loopholes also prevent the administration from quickly deporting unaccompanied children.

“It can take months and sometimes years to adjudicate those claims once they get into the federal immigration court system, and they often fail to appear for immigration proceedings,” Rosenstein said. “In fact, approximately 6,000 unaccompanied children each year fail to appear when they've been summoned. They're released and they don't show up again.”

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article213026379.html

boutons_deux
06-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Traumatize families, esp young kids, even toddlers, with the PTSD damage lasting a life time, by separating the kids from the "criminal" parents because "It's The Law!"

The Repugs are hiding their racism and xenophobia behind that lie of "It's The Law"

"some child will die in one of these centers"

How many of the 1500 kids "lost" by "we washed our hands" DHS are now being sex trafficked?

These Repug crimes against humanity are what you Trash/Repug supporters voted for, right?

ducks
06-12-2018, 08:13 PM
You think the illegals would learn

hater
06-12-2018, 08:15 PM

Youd think the american rednecks would learn to pick some fruit and not die doing meth tbqh

dabom
06-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Youd think the american rednecks would learn to pick some fruit and not die doing meth tbqh

:lol

AaronY
06-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Goddam :lol

boutons_deux
06-12-2018, 09:22 PM
'They Could Hear the Children Screaming’: Lawmaker Details Trump Administration's Horrifying Treatment of Immigrant Kids and Mothers

"I have worked on immigration issues for 20 years, and this is about as bad as I've seen it."

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) detailed Tuesday night the horrifying conditions of immigrant families who have been split apart by President Donald Trump's administration

She described her recent visit to a prison where many of these immigrants are being kept, and

many of the immigrants said that the prison was the best place they had been so far,

providing a frightening impression of the conditions of the facilities run by ICE and the border patrol.

"They were sitting in a room next to the room where their child was being held in some cases, and they could hear the children screaming for their parents," Jayapal said. "Heartbreaking. And

their treatment in the ICE and border patrol facilities was just outrageous.

"In many cases, they were not given water to drink for five days.

They had a sink in their cell, and that water was dirty chlorinated water, and that's what they had to drink.

One woman said she was hit twice by border patrol right here just below her eye on her cheekbone."

asylum-seekers have not broken any laws.

"They are strong courageous women escaping rape, gang violence, murder, political persecution, coming to the United States," she said. "They want to do this legally."

they apparently have no reliable system in place to make sure they can maintain contact between family members

"Some of the women had been given these little slips of paper,

white slips of paper, that had their name and then their kids' names," she said.

"And one woman said to me, 'These are not my children.'

The names that were listed on the paper were not even her children."

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/they-could-hear-children-screaming-lawmaker-details-trump-administrations

Trash's / Repugs' AmeriKKKa FUCKING SUCKS

This what you Trash / Repug supporters voted for, right? Humans treated like animals?

Winehole23
06-12-2018, 11:43 PM
Humans treated like animals?hopefully, yes.

it's part of the sell, tbh. revenge is justice.

cruelty sells about as well as sex on the internet.

Winehole23
06-12-2018, 11:44 PM
what are newspapers and cable TV for?

to publicize violence and mayhem.

to spread fear and stoke communitarian frenzy.

Spurtacular
06-12-2018, 11:45 PM
Pedo OP talking about erecting in front of children.

Winehole23
06-13-2018, 12:22 AM
a prison camp for children.

sounds about right.

ducks
06-13-2018, 12:40 AM
Why do you not educate their stupid parents not to come to
A law abiding country illegally and make their kids suffer

ducks
06-13-2018, 12:42 AM

sounds about right.

Would you rather we deport them right away instead of waiting 2 years to get their trail before we kick them and parents out of here?

ducks
06-13-2018, 12:43 AM

sounds about right.

Would you rather we just leave them in the streets and not feed them?

ducks
06-13-2018, 12:44 AM

sounds about right.
Would you use your kids as an excuse to break laws and cry you have to be separted from them

ducks
06-13-2018, 12:46 AM

sounds about right.

You do realize 80 percent of almusy cases are fraud and they get to get the hell out of the great USA with President Trump

Winehole23
06-13-2018, 09:34 AM

sounds about right, your lame excuses for it totally notwithstanding

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 09:34 AM

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/338dc3abac8f4223de5e13761b03ea48e12bea1a/c=58-0-2622-1926&r=x393&c=520x390/local/-/media/Phoenix/GenericImages/2014/06/18/1403129833004-phxdc5-6fsg3itx2rn82v0ojhh-original.jpg

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 09:37 AM

(shrugs)

Welcome to Trumps America, where conservatives can finally, truly be themselves, and wallow in the pigshit of their own moral bankruptcy, just as long as it triggers the libs.

I have pretty much given up treating any conservative who isn't openly critical of Trump with any respect. Either you do something about evil, or you are complicit, and no one, not even ducks, is trying to make the "but it isn't really evil argument". Even they know it is, they just dont' want to admit it.

That says a lot.

Fabbs
06-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Should be tent cities for US homeless too.

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 09:39 AM

Also:

Keep in mind this is punishing kids for something their parents did. That is the most important take away here, because it clears away all the pissy attempts at rationalization rather effectively.

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 09:40 AM
Would you use your kids as an excuse to break laws and cry you have to be separted from them

So, if I am speeding, should the police drag my kids out of the car and beat them with batons? I did something illegal.

yes or no?

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 09:42 AM
Here are some other photos of children in cages.

https://i2.wp.com/therightscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/children_isis_cage.jpg?w=720
http://therightscoop.com/new-isis-photos-show-children-in-cage-to-burn-alive/ (ignore the URL, it is a debunking link, but this is how ISIS treated kids)

monosylab1k
06-13-2018, 09:43 AM
I have a hard time feeling too sorry for this tbh. If you don’t want your kids treated like this, don’t come into the country illegally. If anything, they should be shipping these kids back to their home countries and let their government deal with them. I’m sure they’d love an American tent city at that point.

baseline bum
06-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Why do you not educate their stupid parents not to come to
A law abiding country illegally and make their kids suffer

I have a hard time feeling too sorry for this tbh. If you don’t want your kids treated like this, don’t come into the country illegally. If anything, they should be shipping these kids back to their home countries and let their government deal with them. I’m sure they’d love an American tent city at that point.

Legally crossing the border and asking for asylum isn't illegal.

Winehole23
06-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Should be tent cities for US homeless too.That's crazy talk.

Nobody should lose their liberty just because they don't have a fixed address.

tlongII
06-13-2018, 10:13 AM

https://i2.wp.com/therightscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/children_isis_cage.jpg?w=720
http://therightscoop.com/new-isis-photos-show-children-in-cage-to-burn-alive/ (ignore the URL, it is a debunking link, but this is how ISIS treated kids)

So now you're saying conservatives are just like ISIS? Got it.

monosylab1k
06-13-2018, 10:15 AM

No shit.

Fabbs
06-13-2018, 10:16 AM
That's crazy talk.

Nobody should lose their liberty just because they don't have a fixed address.
Lots would rather sleep inside and have a shower, bathroom and food.
:lol Liberty.

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 10:16 AM

So, if I am speeding, should the police drag my kids out of the car and beat them with batons? I did something illegal.

yes or no?

monosylab1k
06-13-2018, 10:27 AM

yes or no?

If you’re a shitty enough parent that you risk your child’s life bringing them over the border illegally, you deserve to have them taken away from you. And what kids are being beaten with batons? Show me that report.

baseline bum
06-13-2018, 10:30 AM
No shit.

So why take the right's bait and act like this is an illegal immigration issue? I can see the justification for separating kids from illegals since they actually committed a crime, but they're doing it to legal asylum seekers. All I hear from the right is do it by the book, do it legally, and then when people do they're treated like illegals.

monosylab1k
06-13-2018, 10:33 AM
So why take the right's bait and act like this is an illegal immigration issue? I can see the justification for separating kids from illegals since they actually committed a crime, but they're doing it to legal asylum seekers. All I hear from the right is do it by the book, do it legally, and then when people do they're treated like illegals.
If they’re coming over legally this shouldn’t be happening to them, and it’s absolutely horrible that it is. I’m not necessarily defending Trump’s plan with these kids, I just have no sympathy for illegal border crossers.

boutons_deux
06-13-2018, 10:43 AM
kids back to their home countries and let their government deal with them

the "triangle" govts are mostly broken, corrupt, the countries are failed states, run by gangs that conscript the kids by force, intimidation, and with US meddling, as has done for decades, to destabilize, overthrow govts the US doesn't like.

the parents have decided that the long, dangerous journey to seek asylum is better than staying and losing their kids to the gangs

the "triangle" asylum seeker catastrophe is very much the fault of the USA, now seeing the blowback.

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 11:07 AM
If you’re a shitty enough parent that you risk your child’s life bringing them over the border illegally, you deserve to have them taken away from you. And what kids are being beaten with batons? Show me that report.

(facepalm)

It was a hypothetical question, meant to break down a complex subject into more manageable parts to consider.

I guess I will have to simplify a bit further.

Should children be punished for the crimes of their parents, yes or no?

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 11:09 AM
Should be tent cities for US homeless too.

A step in the right direction, with the next getting people into a level of social services that might have a chance to solve the problem.

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:14 AM

80 percent of the cases ruled against them

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:16 AM
USA takes kids from parents that they think kids are endangered
Kids are in danger entering the country illegal
They claim Asylum when they get caught if not getting caught they would not

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 11:16 AM
So now you're saying conservatives are just like ISIS? Got it.

At this point, I get to make the argument and make it a plausible comparison. Evil is evil, doesn't matter who commits the action, what matters is the underlying intent and consequence. I can see how you might not like the comparison.

Is dragging children away from their parents and keeping them in cages to punish their parents evil?

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:18 AM
A step in the right direction, with the next getting people into a level of social services that might have a chance to solve the problem.

The problem now is the USA has thousands they have here
Build the wall cut the people coming in no problem
Kids are not being separated

Chucho
06-13-2018, 11:19 AM
At this point, I get to make the argument and make it a plausible comparison. Evil is evil, doesn't matter who commits the action, what matters is the underlying intent and consequence. I can see how you might not like the comparison.

Is dragging children away from their parents and keeping them in cages to punish their parents evil?

What repercussions for breaking the law aren't "evil"?

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:21 AM

Keeping them feed and clothed in a secured shelter
Throwing all the kids in one room could be dangerous separating them with different rooms
would be best

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 11:21 AM

A mild fine, for a mild crime would be "not evil", especially a fine that is a punishment leveled on the person who actually committed the crime.

Now, your turn.

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:22 AM
Illegals do not have more rights then legals

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 11:23 AM

Children are being separated from their parents, often forcibly, or by guile. Please, stop lying, if that is even possible for you.

baseline bum
06-13-2018, 11:24 AM
80 percent of the cases ruled against them

So they never broke a law crossing the border and asking for amnesty you fucking moron

Chucho
06-13-2018, 11:24 AM

A mild fine, for a mild crime would be "not evil", especially a fine that is a punishment leveled on the person who actually committed the crime.

Now, your turn.

So they separate the kids from their locked up parents to punish them? What are they supposed to do? Throw the kids in the clink with them?

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 11:25 AM
Illegals do not have more rights then legals

It is a bit sad to see that you are so blinded by hate, you can't even call evil when you see it. I feel sorry for you. The world would be better if you could tell right from wrong.

monosylab1k
06-13-2018, 11:28 AM
(facepalm)

It was a hypothetical question, meant to break down a complex subject into more manageable parts to consider.

I guess I will have to simplify a bit further.

Should children be punished for the crimes of their parents, yes or no?
No, you were trying to be manipulative by using imagery of children being beaten.

Endangered children being forced to illegally cross the border should be taken away from their stupid parents.

baseline bum
06-13-2018, 11:30 AM

What the fuck is the wall going to do to stop people from declaring at the border and seeking asylum? Are they going to build the wall through the road?

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:31 AM
So what is a mild fine
100 200 5000?

DMC
06-13-2018, 11:32 AM
They have only been doing this vastly expanded policy for a month or so.

This is going to be a humanitarian disaster, and the longer it continues, the greater the chance that some child will die in one of these centers, and the greater the chance that will be due to negligence of some sort on the part of overwhelmed caregivers.

I am deeply ashamed of my country for this. It is evil. Period.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article213026379.html

How many are you going to house with you?

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:32 AM
It is a bit sad to see that you are so blinded by hate, you can't even call evil when you see it. I feel sorry for you. The world would be better if you could tell right from wrong.

It is wrong for them to come here and claim asylum when 80 percent do not qualify costing money
Court time judges housing and food

Chucho
06-13-2018, 11:33 AM

You're not a fan of accountability, at all and that doesn't equate to being of higher moral fiber.

Endangered children being forced to illegally cross the border should be taken away from their stupid parents.

Done and done. The parents risk their children's well being by breaking the law (and all the associated risk) and you think the offenders shouldn't have to face the loss part of the risk equation.

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 11:35 AM

Now, your turn.

So they separate the kids from their locked up parents to punish them? What are they supposed to do? Throw the kids in the clink with them?

Not really too inclined to keep answering your questions, if the courtesy is not returned. I thought my question was pretty straightforward. Even so, yes, that is the stated intent, to punish parents for breaking the law. Yes, keep the family together. That is the moral thing go do. Even if you don't care what is moral, it simply costs us less than paying caregivers to step in for the parents.

Let's add a bit of information in that separating children from parents and keeping them separate is known to cause lasting psychological harm to children, especially young ones.

So:

Is it evil to drag a blind, crying six year old boy from his mother, in order to punish them both for the crime of crossing a border?

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:36 AM
Kids die all the time in the USA

Kids die all the time
The people coming here they say is because they are scared they feel they will die there

USA does not have to take care of the world!
I feel bad for those countries but if we keep it up we could easily be a third world country

monosylab1k
06-13-2018, 11:36 AM
I’m not saying I don’t feel for these kids, their situation sucks. But if this deters illegal immigration, then at least there’s something good coming out of it. Too many people go missing and/or die trying to illegally cross the border. Fuck any parent who would willingly risk their child’s life by taking that path.

I’m all for legal immigration, I’m all for allowing refugees, I’m all for relaxing current immigration laws to let more people in. I think people who are already here illegally should be given a path to legal status without risk of deportation, if they go through the proper channels. But there absolutely should be a zero tolerance policy towards illegal immigration from now on, which protects the migrants more than anything.

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 11:37 AM
How many are you going to house with you?

More failed moral reasoning from someone not quite smart enough to understand the failure. I can explain it to you, again, but I can't understand it for you.

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:38 AM
Taking children from their native country and forcing them to come to the USA is not psychologically challenging ?

DMC
06-13-2018, 11:39 AM
More failed moral reasoning from someone not quite smart enough to understand the failure. I can explain it to you, again, but I can't understand it for you.

:cry the poor kids
:cry muh beer money

Your explanations seem to come with copious amounts of hyperbole accompanied by misleading imagery. If you have a real point you'd not need to be so dishonest about it.

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:39 AM
Kids die trying to cross the boarder illegally all the time
They lie it is only a few miles not that hot

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 11:40 AM
You're not a fan of accountability, at all and that doesn't equate to being of higher moral fiber. .

I do think accountability is a good thing. It is the only thing that makes human societies work. Good morals comes from doing the right thing when no one is looking, IMO. Not sure what you are getting at here, other than deflect from my main point.

Not really a sign of someone who knows they are standing on firm rhetorical ground.

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 11:40 AM

DMC
06-13-2018, 11:42 AM

Your explanations seem to come with copious amounts of hyperbole accompanied by misleading imagery. If you have a real point you'd not need to be so dishonest about it.

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:42 AM
If I find a kid injured I call for help but i do not take them home and feed them
It is called kidnapping

spurraider21
06-13-2018, 11:43 AM
If I find a kid injured I call for help but i do not take them home and feed them
It is called kidnapping
so much better to leave them in a cage

DMC
06-13-2018, 11:46 AM
I do think accountability is a good thing. It is the only thing that makes human societies work. Good morals comes from doing the right thing when no one is looking, IMO. Not sure what you are getting at here, other than deflect from my main point.

Not really a sign of someone who knows they are standing on firm rhetorical ground.

Good morals comes from doing instead of saying. People who are concerned based on moral principles should have the wherewithal to act on it. If you don't, if you see yourself as some arbiter of morality without agency to act, then you're part of the problem. The civilized world has enough idle opinions.

ducks
06-13-2018, 11:47 AM
What about the kids their dad has when patrolling the country and the illegal shot the agent.
What about those kids psychology ?

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 11:48 AM

When you don't have any decent arguments, this is what you do. Fall back on personal attacks, as if that means your position is somehow not inferior.

I accept your white flag.

dabom
06-13-2018, 11:50 AM
Orange Shit. :lmao

Chucho
06-13-2018, 11:59 AM
Not really too inclined to keep answering your questions, if the courtesy is not returned. I thought my question was pretty straightforward. Even so, yes, that is the stated intent, to punish parents for breaking the law. Yes, keep the family together. That is the moral thing go do. Even if you don't care what is moral, it simply costs us less than paying caregivers to step in for the parents.

Let's add a bit of information in that separating children from parents and keeping them separate is known to cause lasting psychological harm to children, especially young ones.

So:

Is it evil to drag a blind, crying six year old boy from his mother, in order to punish them both for the crime of crossing a border?

See, here's the thing. Morality is, at least the non-obvious, decency issues, subjective. You're stating that your "take" on the issue is the definitive judgement on it and you're not any authority to say.

I don't think it "evil". It would only be evil if it was permanent and reunion with the family isn't being halted although the reunion location isn't where you would like it to be, which would be the reason they were separated in the first place.

I think it sucks, but it's the result of what happens when you do something wrong/illegal. It's cause and effect and it's the parents' fault the kids are taken away since they choose to put their kids in jeopardy.

You deny any self-accountability on these offenders and then find the end result to be "evil". You can feel how you wish, but the way you describe the penalty is just that- your description. But you personally judging it that way doesn't make it evil and doesn't make anyone less humane for agreeing with the end result and doesn't make you a person of higher moral fiber just because you see something that way.

ducks
06-13-2018, 12:02 PM
RandomGuy is it immoral not to put your money where your mouth is?
why not give them money to help them.
again the usa can not help everyone. Kids suffer all the time from parents choices even the legal parents here in the states.

dabom
06-13-2018, 12:07 PM
If only the US stopped giving trillion dollar tax cuts to the super rich. How much welfare do THEY need? :lmao

ducks
06-13-2018, 12:22 PM
If only the US stopped giving trillion dollar tax cuts to the super rich. How much welfare do THEY need? :lmao

so you think the rich should pay for the illegals children and parents so they do not have to work and be with them

if you can not afford kids do not have sex and not get kids!
if where you live in the third world that be a kid would be bad DO NOT PRODUCE KIDS
IF your spouce is bad and you think your kids would suffer DO NOT PRODUCE KIDS

RandomGuy
06-13-2018, 01:34 PM
See, here's the thing. Morality is, at least the non-obvious, decency issues, subjective. You're stating that your "take" on the issue is the definitive judgement on it and you're not any authority to say.

I don't think it "evil". It would only be evil if it was permanent and reunion with the family isn't being halted although the reunion location isn't where you would like it to be, which would be the reason they were separated in the first place.

I think it sucks, but it's the result of what happens when you do something wrong/illegal. It's cause and effect and it's the parents' fault the kids are taken away since they choose to put their kids in jeopardy.

You deny any self-accountability on these offenders and then find the end result to be "evil". You can feel how you wish, but the way you describe the penalty is just that- your description. But you personally judging it that way doesn't make it evil and doesn't make anyone less humane for agreeing with the end result and doesn't make you a person of higher moral fiber just because you see something that way.

That was a good, thoughtful response. Thank you. I have a lot to get done today, and need to get back to it. This deserves a response, and I will bookmark it and try to get back to it in the next few days.

SnakeBoy
06-13-2018, 02:16 PM

yes or no?

If they are as douchey as you...yes

SnakeBoy
06-13-2018, 02:18 PM
That was a good, thoughtful response. Thank you. I need some time to google what I think about it. This deserves a response, and I will bookmark it and try to get back to it in the next few days.

ducks
06-13-2018, 02:45 PM

would it be better they shoot them?

Pavlov
06-13-2018, 02:46 PM
would it be better they shoot them?It certainly is easier for you to pee in front of them without those pesky parents around.

tlongII
06-13-2018, 02:54 PM

Is that what conservatives are doing?

Trainwreck2100
06-13-2018, 03:11 PM
I’m not saying I don’t feel for these kids, their situation sucks. But if this deters illegal immigration, then at least there’s something good coming out of it. Too many people go missing and/or die trying to illegally cross the border. Fuck any parent who would willingly risk their child’s life by taking that path.

I’m all for legal immigration, I’m all for allowing refugees, I’m all for relaxing current immigration laws to let more people in. I think people who are already here illegally should be given a path to legal status without risk of deportation, if they go through the proper channels. But there absolutely should be a zero tolerance policy towards illegal immigration from now on, which protects the migrants more than anything.

quite a few of these are asylum seekers, that's why the DOJ ruled to no longer accept gang and domestic violence as a condition for asylum

ducks
06-13-2018, 03:15 PM
gang and domestic violence should be taken care of by the countries they are from not the usa
usa should not be a country that everyone things we can solve all their problems

ducks
06-13-2018, 06:52 PM
In Texas, Cornelio recalled how quickly the tears flowed when the Civil Rights Project interviewed immigrants, whose children had been taken from them, after their arrest for illegally entering the country.https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/us/immigration-separated-children-southern-border/index.html

ducks
06-13-2018, 06:55 PM
The federal judge sentenced Rodriguez-Avila to 15 days in jail because Rodriguez-Avila was previously convicted for the same misdemeanor offense in 2012 and deported.

they keep breaking the law

Winehole23
06-13-2018, 07:29 PM
stodgy republicans denouncing the ambition and self-sufficiency of foreigners wanting to live in the GREATEST COUNTRY EVER...as lawless and immoral.

ducks
06-14-2018, 12:19 AM
In July 2017, dozens of undocumented immigrants, 10 of whom died, were found in the back of a tractor-trailer in San Antonio. The driver of that vehicle was sentenced to life without parole in April.

Seems cruel of parents to do this to their kids bring them over for them to die in a trailer

LkrFan
06-14-2018, 04:53 AM
Trump's AmeriKKKa:

This is some bullshit sons. And this talks about boys 10-17. Where are the girls they stole and what happens to the "men and women" that turn 18? All of this is fucked up.

When this is all over, Trump is going to prison for a long ass time. I'm waiting for the day tbh.

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 11:32 AM

Seems like we need to agree on something approaching a definition of "evil" then.

What is your working definition?

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 11:34 AM
stodgy republicans denouncing the ambition and self-sufficiency of foreigners wanting to live in the GREATEST COUNTRY EVER...as lawless and immoral.

Pale rationalization of immoral actions. The GOP official called it right: Cult of Trump.

The RNC's leader chiming in with an urge for loyalty... to Trump, not the party didn't help dispel that miasma.

DMC
06-14-2018, 11:40 AM
Trump's AmeriKKKa:

This is some bullshit sons. And this talks about boys 10-17. Where are the girls they stole and what happens to the "men and women" that turn 18? All of this is fucked up.

When this is all over, Trump is going to prison for a long ass time. I'm waiting for the day tbh.

From October through May, the Border Patrol apprehended 32,372 unaccompanied minors, up about 1,300 from a year earlier. Meanwhile, apprehensions of "family units," as the agency calls children traveling with parents, fell to 59,113, down nearly 2,000 from the previous year.

Southwest Key Programs, which has operated immigrant children's shelters since 1997, has received more than $807 million in federal grants over the past three fiscal years for services for immigrant children. It currently houses 5,129 kids, almost half the number in the shelter system altogether.

Asked about reports that the Department of Health and Human Services is considering easing the shelter capacity crunch by using Fort Bliss, near El Paso, or other military bases as locations to house 1,000 or more children in tents temporarily, Sanchez said of the organization, "We're not going to do tent cities."

:cry oh noes! Mexican children wandering around in the US desert have to spend their days in AC getting fed, educated and entertained. Merikkkur suxxors!!

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 11:44 AM
[strawman=:cry oh noes! Mexican children wandering around in the US desert have to spend their days in AC getting fed, educated and entertained. Merikkkur suxxors!! "] [deflection]

No one is criticizing the government for giving shelter to unaccompanied children. To suggest that anyone is complaining about it is actively dishonest, hypocrite.

boutons_deux
06-14-2018, 11:46 AM
One mother reports she was nursing her baby when Trash/JeBo Schutzstaffel took the baby away.

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 11:56 AM
So let's dissect this strawman.

Step 1: the actual position:

Put simply: taking children away from their parents is unnecessary and cruel, i.e. evil.

Step 2: the distortion:

From October through May, the Border Patrol apprehended 32,372 unaccompanied minors,
:cry oh noes! Mexican children wandering around in the US desert have to spend their days in AC getting fed, educated and entertained. Merikkkur suxxors!!

Go to the standard definition of strawman:

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

The typical straw man argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition through the covert replacement of it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and the subsequent refutation of that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the opponent's proposition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Here DMC substitutes the "they are talking about and complaining about getting children into AC" for "it is bad to tear children from their parents unnecessarily", then adding the mocking commentary at the end.

That is about as clear of an example as it is possible to get.

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 12:08 PM
One mother reports she was nursing her baby when Trash/JeBo Schutzstaffel took the baby away.

As a matter of policy, the US government is separating families who seek asylum in the US by crossing the border illegally.

Dozens of parents are being split from their children each day — the children labeled “unaccompanied minors” and sent to government custody or foster care, the parents labeled criminals and sent to jail.

It is this kind of thing that us lefties are upset with.
https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/17443198/children-immigrant-families-separated-parents

I fully understand the need to provide shelter for unaccompanied kids. I don't think that ANY kids should be kept in cages. We can, and should do better.

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 12:16 PM
Kids die trying to cross the boarder illegally all the time

...so dead kids are not a big deal? Sounds like you are attempting to say it isn't. If you are trying to say that, then shame on you. It's the kind of thing that makes me embarrassed for you.

tlongII
06-14-2018, 12:18 PM
It is this kind of thing that us lefties are upset with.
https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/17443198/children-immigrant-families-separated-parents

I fully understand the need to provide shelter for unaccompanied kids. I don't think that ANY kids should be kept in cages. We can, and should do better.

No kids are being kept in cages. That is hyperbole on your part. Many are detained and kept in secure facilities, even some with fencing as shown in your link. That is not a cage though.

boutons_deux
06-14-2018, 12:33 PM
We can, and should do better.

won't happen.

they're brown, they're so-called criminal trespassers, don't speak English.

Trash/JeBo/Nielsen don't GAF.

Anyway there's no $Bs available, gave it all to the oligarchy.

The Trash/Repug fucking CHAOS continues, day by day.

I read that Trash breaking int'l trade agreements, adding tariffs may be a prelude to the nuke option: pulling out of the WTO

DarrinS
06-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Lol, cages

Chucho
06-14-2018, 12:44 PM
Parents have been separated from there kids anytime they're taken for prosecution. The pretense that this is "new" and presenting it as strictly a Trump thing is laughable to the point Ellian Gonzalez is laughing at this from Cuba.

DarrinS
06-14-2018, 12:46 PM
Meanwhile, closer to home

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Laredo-man-charged-in-human-smuggling-case-in-12991780.php

DMC
06-14-2018, 12:50 PM
So let's dissect this strawman.

Step 1: the actual position:

Put simply: taking children away from their parents is unnecessary and cruel, i.e. evil.

Step 2: the distortion:

Go to the standard definition of strawman:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Here DMC substitutes the "they are talking about and complaining about getting children into AC" for "it is bad to tear children from their parents unnecessarily", then adding the mocking commentary at the end.

That is about as clear of an example as it is possible to get.

So the US is putting kids in cages?

Do these cages have walls, central AC, pool tables, large screen TVs and "antiseptically clean" living conditions?

You lead with a strawman and mislead with images of kids in cages and orange jumpsuits.

Just admit you're full of shit and that you just regurgitated a talking point you lazily stumbled across in your collection of liberal site bookmarks.

DMC
06-14-2018, 12:53 PM
...so dead kids are not a big deal? Sounds like you are attempting to say it isn't. If you are trying to say that, then shame on you. It's the kind of thing that makes me embarrassed for you.

Obviously you prefer that to having them in "cages". Perhaps you need to explain your hysteria and arm waving antics ITT (and elsewhere).

You really have become a dishonest individual, to the point where even liberals disown you.

DMC
06-14-2018, 12:57 PM
Meanwhile, closer to home

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Laredo-man-charged-in-human-smuggling-case-in-12991780.php

Julia, a nurse, said that some of the people running away suffered broken limbs when they fell off of the roofs of homes or jumped wooden privacy fences. She said one man had broken his legs, so she kept him isolated and gave him water and Tylenol.

But they were in a tractor trailer rig, not some fucking ISIS cage being tortured by long sticks and burned alive on camera. Are you saying you want kids burned alive on camera? Because if you are, you need to explain yourself.

boutons_deux
06-14-2018, 01:09 PM
what's new about about JeBo's policy is that asylum seekers entering the country are now automatically classified as criminals (no charge, no judge, no conviction), which "forces" JeBo/Nielsen to (selectively) obey the law and separate the kids.

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 02:21 PM
No kids are being kept in cages. That is hyperbole on your part. Many are detained and kept in secure facilities, even some with fencing as shown in your link. That is not a cage though.

https://rampages.us/univ200ga/wp-content/uploads/sites/21557/2016/12/cropped-idc-cover-1-1.jpg

"its not a cage, its just a fenced in enclosure" :rollin

Well, let's go with that.

I don't think that ANY kids should be kept in fenced in enclosures. I also don't think they should be concentrated into outdoor camps in Texas.

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 02:24 PM

Do these cages have walls, central AC, pool tables, large screen TVs and "antiseptically clean" living conditions?

You lead with a strawman and mislead with images of kids in cages and orange jumpsuits.

Just admit you're full of shit and that you just regurgitated a talking point you lazily stumbled across in your collection of liberal site bookmarks.

Talk about projecting.

The comparison was made with ISIS, because it was easy to do so. I think we should think long and hard about how and what we do with the children in our care, and if anything we do tends to look like something ISIS would, that should give us pause.

Feel free to outline the strawman. If I have done so, I would prefer to know it, as I try hard not to do so.

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 02:27 PM
Obviously you prefer that to having them in "cages". Perhaps you need to explain your hysteria and arm waving antics ITT (and elsewhere).

You really have become a dishonest individual, to the point where even liberals disown you.

Yet another strawman. It's like you just can't help yourself. I do not prefer dead children to children in cages. Not sure why you would want to say such a thing, unless the intent was to, yourself, be dishonest.

Were you trying to be dishonest?

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 02:30 PM

Once again, to be clear:

My larger point, and the thing I am most bothered about is the forced, unnecessary separation of children from their parents caused by the Trump administrations decision to prosecute everybody, including asylum seekers, for crossing the border.

koriwhat
06-14-2018, 02:38 PM

and? you cry foul but don't cry about the fact that these people are illegally entering our country. yeah, forget they are trespassing but what about the kids!!! cry some more.

won't happen.

they're brown, they're so-called criminal trespassers, don't speak English.

Trash/JeBo/Nielsen don't GAF.

Anyway there's no $Bs available, gave it all to the oligarchy.

The Trash/Repug fucking CHAOS continues, day by day.

I read that Trash breaking int'l trade agreements, adding tariffs may be a prelude to the nuke option: pulling out of the WTO

oh so the ogliarchy, far-left liberal retards newest learned word in the last yr or 2, just so happen to establish itself the minute djt became president and not when trendy fairy boy bho was in office or prior? the boogeyman is gonna get you!

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 02:38 PM
A 20-per-cent rise in children being held has brought the facilities to the brink of capacity, with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) now looking at building tent cities at military bases to hold thousands more minors.

These facilities have, because of administration policy been forced beyond intended capacity.

Mr Soboroff, one of the first reporters allowed to tour Casa Padre after the zero-tolerance policy was introduced, said most children slept five to a room in dormitories designed only for four.

The government has allowed the centre, a converted supermarket run by private firm Southwest Key, to exceed that limit because of overcrowding.

“Kids here get only two hours a day to be outside in fresh air,” Mr Soboroff said. “One hour of structured time. One hour of free time. The rest of the day is spent inside a former Walmart.”

He added: “I have been inside a federal prison and county jails. This place is called a shelter but these kids are incarcerated.

“No cells and no cages, and they get to go to classes about American history and watch [Disney film] Moana, but they’re in custody.”

Texas regulators have found hundreds of health violations, including a lack of supervision and medical care, at shelters for migrant children run by Southwest Key.

The policy of separating detained immigrant parents from their children has been driven by attorney general Jeff Sessions, who hopes it will dissuade families from crossing the border.

“If people don’t want to be separated from their children, they should not bring them with them,” he said in an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt last week.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-child-migrants-immigration-detention-centres-trump-ice-texas-jacob-soboroff-casa-padre-a8398051.html

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 02:42 PM
Trump administration 'planning to put thousands of migrant children in tent cities'
Existing shelters nearly full after number of unaccompanied minors swells under government's 'zero-tolerance' policy

The US government is reportedly planning to build tent cities to house thousands of migrant children separated from their families after entering the country.

The Trump administration is considering erecting temporary shelters at military bases to accommodate the growing number of unaccompanied minors detained after crossing the border illegally.

Many entered the country seeking asylum but were torn from parents who are now in prison or facing prosecution under the government’s new “zero-tolerance” policy.

The number of migrant children held in US custody has grown by a fifth since the Trump administration began an aggressive campaign to deter illegal immigration.

That has included reports last month that the US had “lost” nearly 1,500 children who had arrived in the United States alone, seeking shelter from violent circumstances at home. The Department of Health and Human Services has argued that it is not their responsibility to keep track of children who are placed with sponsors of family in the United States, and that it is possible that those families might move or otherwise attempt to go off the grid to avoid deportation risk.

Other issues have popped up recently with reports that US immigration forces have begun to regularly separate families arriving at the border, pulling children from their parents — and in some cases they have even allegedly done so without notifying the family members what is happening.

The practice of removing children from their families at the border has been pushed for by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who has argued that doing so is an attempt to dissuade future migrants from attempting to cross the border with their children. The uptick in separations appears to be the result of a policy implemented last month seeking further prosecutions of these types of cases.

While immigration and civil rights groups have called the practice inhumane, and that it violates protocols for treating immigrants and asylum seekers, the Trump administration has been supported by Texas Senator Ted Cruz, who said that the measures are unavoidable.

RandomGuy
06-14-2018, 02:42 PM
This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list.

ducks
06-14-2018, 02:54 PM
If I go to another country illegally i would be separated from my kids might even be shot

ducks
06-14-2018, 02:55 PM
Once again, to be clear:

My larger point, and the thing I am most bothered about is the forced, unnecessary separation of children from their parents caused by the Trump administrations decision to prosecute everybody, including asylum seekers, for crossing the border.you want the president to bury his head in sand and pretend everything is ok?

ducks
06-14-2018, 02:56 PM
By the way Happy Flag day !

koriwhat
06-14-2018, 03:11 PM
remember how hunter s. thompson was memorialized at his "funeral".... sounds like a great idea for immigration law at the border. let the circus commence!

https://www.vaildaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/VD_VD200610103310062AR-325x223.jpg

koriwhat
06-14-2018, 03:12 PM
This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list.

^^^ you're not special except for being a retard.

DMC
06-14-2018, 04:01 PM

https://rampages.us/univ200ga/wp-content/uploads/sites/21557/2016/12/cropped-idc-cover-1-1.jpg

I don't think that ANY kids should be kept in fenced in enclosures. I also don't think they should be concentrated into outdoor camps in Texas.

They should be in their home countries instead of being brought illegally into this one. Of course your hyperbole is on full display. See above. So ICE should let these unaccompanied minors roam free? Is that your solution or are you just being a dipshit like always?

DMC
06-14-2018, 04:07 PM
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/338dc3abac8f4223de5e13761b03ea48e12bea1a/c=58-0-2622-1926&r=x393&c=520x390/local/-/media/Phoenix/GenericImages/2014/06/18/1403129833004-phxdc5-6fsg3itx2rn82v0ojhh-original.jpg

Here's another misleading image from you.

This is from June 2014 when Obama was president.

ducks
06-14-2018, 04:23 PM

if they were not crossing the boarder illegal in hot sun they would not be dead
we can stop that with a wall and help the kids!

ducks
06-14-2018, 04:24 PM

This is from June 2014 when Obama was president.looks like a dog run but protects kids from other kids

ducks
06-14-2018, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by boutons_deux

if a lady legal citizen was at mcdonalds nursing a baby the left would have a fit

Winehole23
06-14-2018, 05:02 PM
"I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13, to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained them for the purpose of order."

Winehole23
06-14-2018, 05:04 PM
8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments...are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” [B]10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Winehole23
06-14-2018, 05:07 PM
if a lady legal citizen was at mcdonalds nursing a baby the left would have a fitwhat, for going to McDonald's?

ducks
06-14-2018, 06:42 PM
what, for going to McDonald's?

for breastfeeding the baby in public

ducks
06-14-2018, 06:43 PM
so who is your neighbor the people living next door to you or in other countries?

tlongII
06-14-2018, 08:49 PM

Well what the hell are you going to do with them genius?

ducks
06-14-2018, 09:20 PM
What it's like inside the former superstore in Texas where the US is holding 1,400 immigrant children
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/06/14/us/inside-immigrant-children-shelter-brownsville-texas-invs/index.html
Phones found play time
Not bad

boutons_deux
06-15-2018, 07:42 AM
Texas Children's Detention Center Tour Reveals Trump Mural Reminiscent of Images in a 'Banana Republic'

"I have been inside a federal prison and county jails. This place is called a shelter but these kids are incarcerated."

https://www.alternet.org/sites/default/files/styles/story_image/public/story_images/screen_shot_2018-06-14_at_12.52.57_pm.png?itok=_eq55cHK

Other presidential murals are painted on walls throughout the facility,

and children are taught U.S. history for several hours per day :lol

—while the government bars them from joining U.S. society.

"I have been inside a federal prison and county jails," he said. "This place is called a shelter but these kids are incarcerated."

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/texas-childrens-detention-center-tour-reveals-trump-mural-reminiscent-images

Why indocrinate them with whitewashed US history, since they will be deported back to their shit hole "triangle" failed countries anyway?

ducks
06-15-2018, 09:28 AM
Teach them how they can help their country when home

But I guess you would like to teach them how to build bombs

clambake
06-15-2018, 10:21 AM
Teach them how they can help their country when home

But I guess you would like to teach them how to build bombs

ducks, you could use a breather.

boutons_deux
06-15-2018, 10:24 AM
ducks, you could use a breather.

:lol won't make any diff, dux needs a total overhaul, refurbishing, and a brain

Chucho
06-15-2018, 10:27 AM
:lol won't make any diff, dux needs a total overhaul, refurbishing, and a brain

He's smarter than you. Fact.

Chucho
06-15-2018, 10:30 AM

They think even less of them as free citizens, disgustingly enough.

DarrinS
06-15-2018, 10:33 AM
Texas Children's Detention Center Tour Reveals Trump Mural Reminiscent of Images in a 'Banana Republic'

https://www.alternet.org/sites/default/files/styles/story_image/public/story_images/screen_shot_2018-06-14_at_12.52.57_pm.png?itok=_eq55cHK

There's a mural of Obama there, too.

https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/25fb8b8b7e8f293bd2f83d545cafad4b/Casa_Padre_mural_Obama_TT.jpg

:lmao

Winehole23
06-15-2018, 10:37 AM
Obama and Trump are both culpable for this situation.

You're cool with the Soviet-style separation of children from parents, Darrin?

Chucho
06-15-2018, 10:38 AM

https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/25fb8b8b7e8f293bd2f83d545cafad4b/Casa_Padre_mural_Obama_TT.jpg

That ended up as a fat wad on that dipshit's face.

Chucho
06-15-2018, 10:39 AM
Obama and Trump are both culpable for this situation.

You're cool with the Soviet-style separation of children from parents, Darrin?

So stick the kids in the clink with the parents? Or don't prosecute violators of the law?

Chucho
06-15-2018, 10:40 AM
Altho Darrin was just giving Boots one of the several reminders he gets daily that he is retarded...

Winehole23
06-15-2018, 10:43 AM
So stick the kids in the clink with the parents? that's what we've done in the past.

or they could be released pending an administrative hearing. it's not like our hands are tied.

ducks
06-15-2018, 10:45 AM
that's what we've done in the past.

or they could be released pending an administrative hearing. it's not like our hands are tied.
we tried that they did not go to the court for trial they hid in the usa

Chucho
06-15-2018, 10:45 AM
that's what we've done in the past.

How recently were we sticking kids in the pin with their negligent parents?

Chucho
06-15-2018, 10:46 AM
we tried that they did not go to the court for trial they hid in the usa

Illegals can bond out in American jail? Oh my god, we have the most awful, inhumane immigration system in the world!!!!!

spurraider21
06-15-2018, 10:48 AM

Winehole23
06-15-2018, 10:50 AM
Altho Darrin was just giving Boots one of the several reminders he gets daily that he is retarded...Darrin's own contributions to this forum do not exactly inspire confidence that he is mentally robust either, but I see what you mean. Boutons needs/is invulnerable to the reminders.

Winehole23
06-15-2018, 10:52 AM
How recently were we sticking kids in the pin with their negligent parents?in the pen?

This is recalled by heart, so needs to be checked, but I believe family detention started under GWB and was revived on an emergency basis under Obama.

A lot of the images you see of kids in cages are Obama era.

https://www.texasobserver.org/how-we-got-here-the-disturbing-path-that-leads-to-child-prison-camps/

Winehole23
06-15-2018, 10:54 AM
Illegals can bond out in American jail? Oh my god, we have the most awful, inhumane immigration system in the world!!!!!we used to treat it as an administrative matter, treating all crossers as criminals is a novelty.

ducks
06-15-2018, 10:59 AM
keep doing it we might get the wall built and congress to pass something to take care of the problems
we can not just keep illegals coming in and then 20 years later make them citizens because they are 14-20 million of them

Chucho
06-15-2018, 10:59 AM
we used to treat it as an administrative matter, treating all crossers as criminals is a novelty.

I agree. What ever happened to waiting for detaining centers to fill before they'd load the busses and send them home?

Winehole23
06-15-2018, 11:01 AM
we tried that they did not go to the court for trial they hid in the usaand Reagan gave 6M of them amnesty.

our administrative approach was overmatched, true.

the same is true of our zero tolerance approach. it won't work either, despite how popular it is for its cruelty to foreigners.

Winehole23
06-15-2018, 11:02 AM
I agree. What ever happened to waiting for detaining centers to fill before they'd load the busses and send them home?when did we do that?

ducks
and Reagan gave 6M of them amnesty.

our administrative approach was overmatched, true.

the same is true of our zero tolerance approach. it won't work either, despite how popular it is for its cruelty to foreigners.

he thought once we did that it would stop the issue it has not

boutons_deux
Chucho, mi poco chacho, how are things down in Gool Ol' Meh HEE co?

retarded? really? I'm SORE offended.

Chucho
06-15-2018, 11:43 AM
Chucho, mi poco chacho, how are things down in Gool Ol' Meh HEE co?

retarded? really? I'm SORE offended.

Aww, racist retarded Boutons took me off ignore to be butthurt about being called racist and retarded.

How's everything on that mattress on mom's trailer floor?

DMC
06-15-2018, 11:44 AM
I've been into several Banana Republics all across this great state and have never seen an image of Trump or Obama.

Winehole23
06-15-2018, 12:39 PM
he thought once we did that it would stop the issue it has notnah, I don't think anyone thought that would stop it.

Winehole23
06-15-2018, 01:58 PM
June 14, 2018 By azgopadmin (http://www.az.gop/author/azgopadmin/) Leave a Comment (http://www.az.gop/azgop-calls-for-david-stringers-resignation/#respond)
PHOENIX – The Arizona Republican Party released the following statement regarding David Stringer’s comments:
“In light of today’s reports detailing Representative David Stringer’s comments, I am calling on him to resign immediately,” said Chairman Jonathan Lines. “These words have no place in our party, or in our state.”

ducks
06-15-2018, 02:27 PM
"I hate it. I hate to see separation of parents and children. The Democrats can come to us, as they actually are in all fairness, we are talking to them, and they can change the whole border security. We need a wall. We need border security. We’ve got to get rid of catch and release,” Trump added, CNN reported.

DarrinS
06-15-2018, 02:28 PM
I've been into several Banana Republics all across this great state and have never seen an image of Trump or Obama.

Winehole23
06-15-2018, 02:38 PM
"I hate it. I hate to see separation of parents and children. The Democrats can come to us, as they actually are in all fairness, we are talking to them, and they can change the whole border security. We need a wall. We need border security. We’ve got to get rid of catch and release,” Trump added, CNN reported.crocodile tears.

:cry Republicans run all three branches of government but can't do anything about their own policy without help from the Dems :cry

ducks
06-16-2018, 05:09 PM
https://youtu.be/m3yesvvYEvs
Bill Clinton 1995 State of the Union immigration comments

ducks
06-16-2018, 05:11 PM
loveashelterpet11 hours ago
Trump's repeated, but nonspecific references to a Democratic law appear to involve one enacted in 2008. It passed unanimously in Congress and was signed by Republican President George W. Bush

ducks
06-16-2018, 06:23 PM
Joey Patterson
Wondering what would folks think if we sent the whole family to prison with a parent who Robbed a bank?

ducks
06-16-2018, 10:28 PM
I read that there are 2.5 million homeless American children, but Central America's children are more important? Essentially that's what Democrats are saying. Compassion for our own citizens for once?

ducks
06-17-2018, 12:10 AM
If you want to enter Our Country then apply like the rest of America's immigrants did instead of making yourself out as a criminal.
You try to enter my house illegally and you get shot.
Liberals just don't get this.

rmt
06-17-2018, 01:32 AM
some funny posts in this thread

DMC
06-17-2018, 01:47 AM
Well what the hell are you going to do with them genius?

He'd like to help but he needs beer money so blogging and posting is the most he can offer. e-rage.

boutons_deux
06-17-2018, 05:58 AM
Traumatizing parents and kids is apparently just a Trash negotiating token, just some brutal inhumanity to negotiate with to get his fucking wall.

Stephen Miller is the WH psychopath who had been pushing for the from 20 Jan 17, but only recently got it approved.

And of course, sadistic racist JeBo just gleefully loves to fuck up dehumanize non-male, non-white humans

LkrFan
06-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Hilary tried to warn us:

SMH

Chris
06-17-2018, 07:20 PM
It's Bill Clinton's policy :lol

Chris
06-17-2018, 07:22 PM

ducks
06-17-2018, 09:28 PM
Mexican kids held for months as punishment for border-crossing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/mexican-kids-held-for-months-as-punishment-for-border-crossing/2015/03/10/311d319a-b2f2-11e4-bf39-5560f3918d4b_story.html?utm_term=.0b16ff4433db

May 2015 before trump

ducks
06-17-2018, 09:29 PM
Hilary tried to warn us:

SMH happened in may 2015

Chris
06-17-2018, 09:55 PM

ducks
06-17-2018, 10:32 PM
Chuck voted yes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Matthew77Adams/status/1008541320623710213/photo/1

ducks
06-17-2018, 10:32 PM
Matthew Adams
Matthew Adams matthew77Adams
·
46m
Replying to wiredSources
The Homeland Security Act 2002, passed by the Dem Majority Senate on Nov 19, 2002. This law contains the language that tells DHS how to deal with the kids.
Detained parents can't care for their kids, so their kids are "unaccompanied".

Chris
06-17-2018, 11:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Df8bzQnVMAAxg2H.jpg:large

Chris
06-17-2018, 11:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Df7rk1pVQAENwXX.jpg:large

ducks
06-17-2018, 11:27 PM
Yolanda Garcia
My father was separated from his 4 daughters and wife when he came to the US legally from Mexico. He worked hard saved their money fixed paper so they could come legally. He was the kind of FATHER WHO WAS NOT GOING TO PUT HIS FAMILY IN DANGER! Happy Fathers Day Dad! Thanks for teaching us to do things the right way!

ducks
06-17-2018, 11:32 PM
Janice Matlock
What about all the children separated from their Dads and Moms who are in the Armed Forces protecting your butt so you can complain about illegal children who should not have been brought here in the first place.

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 02:19 AM
there's a special place in hell for the private contractors doing this:

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-06-13/private-prison-company-troubled-past-looks-re-open-immigration-detention-facility

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 02:24 AM
follow the money:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/23/private-prisons-back-trump-and-could-see-big-payoffs-new-policies/98300394/

ducks
06-18-2018, 09:21 AM
Padilla was interviewed Monday on TV’s "CBS This Morning." A video excerpt of the interview was posted on the show’s Twitter account.

"We created this situation by not doing anything," he said.

But Padilla cautioned many of the reports concerning separations are totally false.

"There’s a story of a child being removed from a breast-feeding mother," he said. "Absolutely not true."

Asked about a claim that some parents were told their children were being taken away just for a bath and never returned, Padilla said: "Very respectfully, that’s misinformation that is out there

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 09:50 AM
BORDER PATROL CHIEF DENIES REPORTS BORDER PATROL HAS DONE ANYTHING WRONG

ducks
06-18-2018, 09:54 AM
There is a lot of fake news out there with them taking kids

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 10:00 AM
rhetoric from the Trump Administration is straight up Orwellian

ducks
06-18-2018, 10:03 AM
5 dead after SUV being chased by Border Patrol crashes

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/12-immigrants-ejected-4-die-after-car-being-chased-by-border-patrol-crashes

DarrinS
06-18-2018, 11:50 AM
rhetoric from the Trump Administration is straight up Orwellian

Do you believe a breastfeeding baby was plucked from the tit? :lol

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 11:52 AM
I have no idea, Darrin. I hadn't heard that one.

What caused you to rule it out?

ducks
06-18-2018, 12:05 PM
I have no idea, Darrin. I hadn't heard that one.

What caused you to rule it out?

But Padilla cautioned many of the reports concerning separations are totally false.

"There’s a story of a child being removed from a breast-feeding mother," he said. "Absolutely not true."

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 12:18 PM
the Border Patrol chief denies an embarrassing story, what a surprise. in and of itself that's neither more nor less credible than the initial report.

even if this particular report is wrong, the Trump Administration's family separation policy is warehousing more unattended children than ever and deserves the flames.

spurraider21
06-18-2018, 12:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Df8bzQnVMAAxg2H.jpg:large
well if you claim to be bound by the word of the bible, then its fair game

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 12:24 PM
it doesn't seem to work on Chris

Spurminator
06-18-2018, 01:10 PM

How suprising to see you glom onto a specific incident in a discussion about a broad and known policy. Have you ever made any argument that didn't rely on confirmation bias?

Issue: Rape is a problem on college campuses.
Darrin: Duke lacrosse team says hi.

Issue: Racism
Darrin: I was harrassed by blacks one time

Issue: Family separation
Darrin: That story about a baby being plucked away while being breastfed was an exaggeration.

You have the laziest and dumbest deflection attempts. Do some reflection.

spurraider21
06-18-2018, 01:22 PM
How suprising to see you glom onto a specific incident in a discussion about a broad and known policy. Have you ever made any argument that didn't rely on confirmation bias?

Issue: Rape is a problem on college campuses.
Darrin: Duke lacrosse team says hi.

Issue: Racism
Darrin: I was harrassed by blacks one time

Issue: Family separation
Darrin: That story about a baby being plucked away while being breastfed was an exaggeration.

You have the laziest and dumbest deflection attempts. Do some reflection.
you forgot...

Issue: Mueller investigation
Darrin: muh pee pee tapes!

DarrinS
06-18-2018, 02:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyhZhkp056M

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 02:29 PM
I didn't hear you complaining when Obama was deporting record numbers of border crossers, but it is absolutely true that Dems were complaining less about child immigrants then.

Part of the reason they're complaining now is because their guy isn't in the White House anymore.

Part of the reason is that DJT/Jeff Sessions have changed immigration policy in a way that is particularly cruel to families.

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 02:44 PM
Immigration activists were plenty pissed at Obama:

Immigrant advocacy groups denounced the policy, berating senior administration officials — some of whom were reduced to rueful apologies for a policy they said they could not justify — and telling Mr. Obama to his face during a meeting at the White House in late 2014 that he was turning his back on the most vulnerable people seeking refuge in the United States.

“I was pissed, and still am,” said Ben Johnson, the executive director of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. “I thought that he had a shocking disregard for due process.”https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/16/us/politics/family-separation-trump.html#click=https://t.co/6ED7YWg7Gj

ducks
06-18-2018, 03:13 PM
how many kids separated from their parents that are in usa jail??
should we put their kids with them in jail?

how many are separated from their parents when they are serving their country in war?

ducks
06-18-2018, 03:13 PM
Immigration activists were plenty pissed at Obama:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/16/us/politics/family-separation-trump.html#click=https://t.co/6ED7YWg7Gj[/CENTER]

WERE YOU?

Chris
06-18-2018, 04:26 PM
Not on my watch.

Mikeanaro
06-18-2018, 04:27 PM
Not on my watch.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Df9Pll2UEAUD4M6.jpg

Chris
06-18-2018, 04:28 PM

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 04:29 PM
They should be in their home countries instead of being brought illegally into this one. Of course your hyperbole is on full display. See above. So ICE should let these unaccompanied minors roam free? Is that your solution or are you just being a dipshit like always?

More strawmen, like you can't help yourself. Either you are being an idiot, or dishonest, my guess is a mix of both.

We need better than cages for kids, yes. Roaming free would be irresponsible. Not advocating that either, but the nation that let's its president line his pockets with taxpayer funded junkets to his luxury resort, should be able to find the money for something better than this.

The policy of separating kids from their parents should stop, immediately. It's evil.

Do you always resort to dishonest strawmen?

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 04:31 PM

I have said the policy is wrong, no matter which party is responsible for it, Obama included.

How exactly is this picture misleading, geenyus?

Chris
06-18-2018, 04:32 PM
Democrats fighting Trump and evil!

Chris
06-18-2018, 04:35 PM

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 04:36 PM

Seems like we need to agree on something approaching a definition of "evil" then.

What is your working definition?

spurraider21
06-18-2018, 04:37 PM
:lmao two corinthians

Chris
06-18-2018, 04:39 PM
Hillary quoting scripture is just the bees knees :lol

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 04:41 PM
I would define evil as unnecessary harm.

In this case we have the harm of being forcefully separated from their parents. AMA is pretty clear on this.

A policy of universally separating children from their parents or other caregivers entering U.S. borders “will do great harm” to children and could “create negative health impacts that will last an individual’s entire lifespan,” says a resolution whose recommendations were adopted at the 2018 AMA Annual Meeting in Chicago.

The resolution came in response to the Department of Homeland Security’s new policy referring all unlawful border crossers to the U.S. Department of Justice for prosecution. The policy makes no exception for parents or caregivers seeking asylum from persecution who enter with children, according to the resolution.

The children are then treated as unaccompanied minors, separated from their parents or caregivers and sent to facilities administered by the federal government. The policy of separating children from their caregivers “only serves to dramatically exacerbate” the stress that families seeking refuge in the U.S. are already experiencing, the resolution says.

“Children leaving the chaos of their home countries should not be further traumatized by the U.S. government policy of separating children from their caregiver,” said AMA Board Member Bobby Mukkamala, MD. “It’s inhumane and risks scarring children for the rest of their lives.”

The AMA House of Delegates adopted new policy for the AMA to:

Oppose the practice of separating migrating children from their caregivers in the absence of immediate physical or emotional threats to the child’s well-being.
Delegates also directed the AMA to:

Urge the federal government to withdraw its policy of requiring separation of migrating children from their caregivers, and instead, give priority to supporting families and protecting the health and well-being of the children within those families.
Read more news coverage from the 2018 AMA Annual Meeting.
https://wire.ama-assn.org/ama-news/doctors-oppose-policy-splits-kids-caregivers-border

I don't think we have to really stretch credulity to think that forced separation of children from parents is harmful on many levels. This merely reinforces that.

On that basis, I would call this policy evil, and clearly so.

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 04:42 PM
Hillary quoting scripture is just the bees knees :lol

666 fifth avenue... the clues are right under your nose.

DMC
06-18-2018, 04:43 PM
More strawmen, like you can't help yourself. Either you are being an idiot, or dishonest, my guess is a mix of both.

We need better than cages for kids, yes. Roaming free would be irresponsible. Not advocating that either, but the nation that let's its president line his pockets with taxpayer funded junkets to his luxury resort, should be able to find the money for something better than this.

The policy of separating kids from their parents should stop, immediately. It's evil.

"We need better than".. isn't a solution. It's just a bitch.

So kids should be incarcerated with their parents, in an adult holding facility? Or perhaps you're ok with losing your beer money to pay more taxes to build large condos for housing immigrant families until they can be processed? Offer an alternative. You just regurgitate talking points and bitch bitch bitch. You have no answers, probably to sloshed most of the time to consider reality.

The nation you're referring to could be any, since they all allow their leaders to profit in the private sector from their work in the public one, even if they pretend not to. How many broke ex-presidents do we have running around? Exactly.

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 04:44 PM

A traffic ticket is a consequence when I break the law. Should the government take my children away because of that, fake Christian?

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 04:44 PM
"We need better than".. isn't a solution. It's just a bitch.

We have better facilities. Build more, and better.

This shit isn't hard, except it seems, for you. :lol

Chris
06-18-2018, 04:45 PM
A traffic ticket is a consequence when I break the law. Should the government take my children away because of that, fake Christian?

Damn, you're at the bottom of the barrel aren't you?

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 04:47 PM

Damn, you're at the bottom of the barrel aren't you?

I accept your white flag, fake Christian.

DMC
06-18-2018, 04:47 PM
We have better facilities. Build more, and better.

This shit isn't hard, except it seems, for you. :lol

Why do we have to build what we already have? So it's ok to separate kids as long as they are in better facilities or are you talking about providing housing for everyone who crosses the border with a child? That just means now having a kid with you guarantees you a decent place to live for the foreseeable future. You're welcomed to donate.

DMC
06-18-2018, 04:48 PM

Take your kids to Mexico and break the law.

SnakeBoy
06-18-2018, 04:50 PM

He pointed out your use of emotion and hyperbole and asked you what your solution was. You responded with emotion and your solution is "something better". Good stuff RG :lol

DMC
06-18-2018, 04:51 PM
I have said the policy is wrong, no matter which party is responsible for it, Obama included.

How exactly is this picture misleading, geenyus?

You lying sack of shit. You posted that thinking it was recent, you child.

Chris
06-18-2018, 04:53 PM

You're conflating and using hyperbole. No flags needed for your nonsense.

Chris
06-18-2018, 04:54 PM

SnakeBoy
06-18-2018, 05:05 PM
Dubya sending his wife out to do his talking. SAD!

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 05:06 PM

CNN reported Thursday that Border Patrol agents took a breastfeeding baby from an immigrant mother. Is that true? Is there a cutoff age for separating migrant children from parents?
Homeland Security officials denied the CNN report, which quoted a lawyer for the Texas Civil Rights Project relaying the experiences of a Honduran woman. “We do not separate babies from adults,” an official said, except in cases where a person poses a threat or is believed not to be the parent.

Officials declined to specify an age at which they would not separate immigrant children from parents.

Lawyers at the Texas Civil Rights Project questioned the government response. “We stand by our accurate recounting of what was told to us during the short period we are able to conduct the interview,” in federal criminal court, said Natalia Cornelio, the group’s criminal justice director. “It is egregious that they would go after this woman’s story rather than divert the much-needed time and resources to these manufactured human rights crises. I know what I heard from this lady. She told it to me in tears. I have no reason to doubt the traumatic event she experienced.”

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-immigration-families-border-wall-20180616-htmlstory.html

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 05:07 PM
You lying sack of shit. You posted that thinking it was recent, you child.

Not really. I posted it as roughly representative of what was going on, but thanks for playing "mind reader", twit.

ducks
06-18-2018, 05:09 PM
CNN reported Thursday that Border Patrol agents took a breastfeeding baby from an immigrant mother. Is that true? Is there a cutoff age for separating migrant children from parents?
Homeland Security officials denied the CNN report, which quoted a lawyer for the Texas Civil Rights Project relaying the experiences of a Honduran woman. “We do not separate babies from adults,” an official said, except in cases where a person poses a threat or is believed not to be the parent.

Officials declined to specify an age at which they would not separate immigrant children from parents.

Lawyers at the Texas Civil Rights Project questioned the government response. “We stand by our accurate recounting of what was told to us during the short period we are able to conduct the interview,” in federal criminal court, said Natalia Cornelio, the group’s criminal justice director. “It is egregious that they would go after this woman’s story rather than divert the much-needed time and resources to these manufactured human rights crises. I know what I heard from this lady. She told it to me in tears. I have no reason to doubt the traumatic event she experienced.”

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-immigration-families-border-wall-20180616-htmlstory.html
chief said it did not happen
I believe him over cnn

ducks

OWNAGE BUSH

RandomGuy
[bla bla bla, distraction deflection, personal attack].

Whatevs dude. This policy is evil, period. Rather than admit it, you semen shield for it by obfuscating the topic.

That action... says all I need to know about you.

ducks
06-18-2018, 05:10 PM

chuck voted for to!

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 05:11 PM
You're conflating and using hyperbole. No flags needed for your nonsense.

Keep making excuses for not being honest enough to answer a fair, relevant question, if it makes you feel better about it.

Good for you.

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 05:12 PM
chief said it did not happen
I believe him over cnn

her. It's a her. (sigh)

That is what cults do.

First you don’t hear other views. Then you can’t trust them. Your personal information network entraps you just like a cult
https://aeon.co/essays/why-its-as-hard-to-escape-an-echo-chamber-as-it-is-to-flee-a-cult

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 05:13 PM
Hillary quoting scripture is just the bees knees :lolLifelong Methodist.

You got something against Methodism?

Chris
06-18-2018, 05:14 PM

DMC
06-18-2018, 05:19 PM
Not really. I posted it as roughly representative of what was going on, but thanks for playing "mind reader", twit.

You're blatantly dishonest and everyone here knows it. Your reputation here is shot. Keep doing your low rent shtick. We know the score.

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 05:27 PM
You're blatantly dishonest and everyone here knows it. Your reputation here is shot. Keep doing your low rent shtick. We know the score.

(shrugs)

I have caught you lying about my position here, repeatedly. That action says all I particularly care about, sour grapes boy.

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 05:27 PM
WERE YOU?actually, I was one of the few people who mentioned Obama's then record tempo of deportations in this forum.

I disagreed with it, but to be honest, I wasn't aware of the family separations, and I wasn't aware that family detention was a relatively new thing -- it started under GWB.

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 05:30 PM
(shrugs)

I have caught you lying about my position here, repeatedly. That action says all I particularly care about, sour grapes boy.your reckless vituperation does you little credit, but eh, what's the internet for?

DMC
06-18-2018, 05:33 PM
(shrugs)

I have caught you lying about my position here, repeatedly. That action says all I particularly care about, sour grapes boy.

your reckless vituperation does you little credit, but eh, what's the internet for?

RandomGuy
06-18-2018, 05:34 PM
your reckless vituperation does you little credit, but eh, what's the internet for?

Meh. Don't see much here with respect at this point. DMC is part of a class of doorbell ringers that specialize in personal attacks at the expense of honest discussion.

What is that worth in response? you tell me.

Winehole23
06-18-2018, 05:41 PM
pick and choose your interlocutors and your battles.

none of my beeswax

ducks
06-18-2018, 05:44 PM
her. It's a her. (sigh)

That is what cults do.

https://aeon.co/essays/why-its-as-hard-to-escape-an-echo-chamber-as-it-is-to-flee-a-cult
BOARD PATROL CHIEF IS A HIM

DarrinS
06-18-2018, 05:58 PM
Lefties premature ejac on identifying a Nazi working for ICE.

Not a good look. :lol

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/18/lefties-claim-wounded-veteran-working-ice-nazi/

This guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSja--SnBY8#

AaronY
06-18-2018, 06:22 PM
Lefties premature ejac on identifying a Nazi working for ICE.

Not a good look. :lol

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/18/lefties-claim-wounded-veteran-working-ice-nazi/

This guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSja--SnBY8#
The links shows everyone apologizing once they realize its a mistake darrin.

AaronY
06-18-2018, 06:23 PM
And it does look like an iron cross at a glance tbh

boutons_deux
06-18-2018, 06:35 PM
50%+ of Repug voters, the "rabid mob of family values / pro-life so-called "Christians", supports traumatizing kids, brown of course, because they hate brown people.

Goddamn, this country is fucked and unfuckable

And A Coulter sez they are "child actors"

ducks
06-18-2018, 06:42 PM
50%+ of Repug voters, the "rabid mob of family values / pro-life so-called "Christians", supports traumatizing kids, brown of course, because they hate brown people.

Goddamn, this country is fucked and unfuckable

And A Coulter sez they are "child actors"

why live here

AaronY
06-18-2018, 06:46 PM
why live here
Thats good question but I think boutons trust fund only pays him in US$

Chris
06-18-2018, 06:56 PM