PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Spurs "a long way" from offering Leonard the supermax

Uriel
06-13-2018, 07:26 AM
New article from Woj on the Kawhi Leonard saga. Among the highlights:

1. Pop won’t go into the meeting with Leonard and drop the supermax contract right off the bat without a significant healing of the relationship.
2. Spurs may choose not to offer the supermax, let Leonard play out the 2018-2019 season to establish his commitment to the franchise, and only then give him the offer.
3. Pop is not expected to coach the Spurs beyond 2020.
4. Celtics made a trade offer for Leonard in February, which the Spurs turned down.
5. Sixers and Lakers remain interested in trading for Leonard.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23770525/what-next-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-nba-free-agency-trades (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23770525/what-next-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-nba-free-agency-trades)

dabom
06-13-2018, 07:28 AM
Woj doesnt know shit. Playing it off like he does. :lol

NameLess Scrub
06-13-2018, 07:30 AM
Are the Lakers trying to do the King and Klaw thing at LA?

cutewizard
06-13-2018, 07:38 AM
More games and spec from the media hhmmmmppp

tbdog
06-13-2018, 07:43 AM
Interesting how it is said Pop won't coach after 2020. That would be a hard sell for Lebron. I mean, maybe 2 years of coaching may entice Lebron, But Lebron would want to play for many many more years and Pop can use Duncan, Manu, Parker as his commitment of increasing his players longevity.

cutewizard
06-13-2018, 07:49 AM
More reason for Lebron to enjoy the last years of Pop.....

cd98
06-13-2018, 07:53 AM
I agree with WOJ this isn’t just an open/closed deal. The super max would give Kawhi 35% of the salary cap. That is franchise crippling if Kawhi is injured or stand offish with coaches or teammates or if he isn’t committed. Super max contracts are so new we don’t know how damaging they are if you gamble on that player and he doesn’t come through.

Spurs shouldn’t just throw around money. They should be reasonable and open minded but they should also be careful about this decision.

look_at_g_shred
06-13-2018, 07:54 AM
So...is that meeting today?

RD2191
06-13-2018, 07:57 AM

Spurm fan thinking woj is still credible after moving to BSPN. :lmao

ElNono
06-13-2018, 08:17 AM
Will wait for wojtek take

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2018, 08:39 AM
People really dismissing Woj and instantly believing some nobody who claims to have a friend that has a friend of a Spurs insider just because he's reporting what you want to hear lmao :lol

John B
06-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Like CIA Pop would disclose anything in a negotiation. Fake news.

BillMc
06-13-2018, 08:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm7sQ7u_xuQ

RD2191
06-13-2018, 08:45 AM
People really dismissing Woj and instantly believing some nobody who claims to have a friend that has a friend of a Spurs insider just because he's reporting what you want to hear lmao :lol

Woj sold out tbh. He's full of shit since joining BSPN.

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2018, 08:46 AM
Like CIA Pop would disclose anything in a negotiation. Fake news.
CIA Pop isn't real, son. It's something his fluffers made up to excuse his Alzheimer's coaching.

"Pop can't be that stupid, he's obviously tanking this game that will drop us from the 3rd to 7th seed just so we can get our revenge on GS. Classic CIA Pop!"

.... Sadly he's been on CIA Pop mode for 4 years now.

TXstbobcat
06-13-2018, 08:46 AM
I’m curious as to what the February trade offer from the Celtics was that the spurs turned down.

BillMc
06-13-2018, 08:47 AM
I got the impression that Pop "may not" coach beyond 2020 rather than "is not expected" to coach beyond 2020. In other words, it is possible he'll not coach but not necessarily a near certainty.

BillMc
06-13-2018, 08:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US1SvL-ZQyQ

hater
06-13-2018, 08:52 AM
Wojtek has more credibilith at this point :lmao

How low has this reporter fallen tbqh

Its sad to watch

TimDunkem
06-13-2018, 08:54 AM
ST believing what they want to hear per par.

TXstbobcat
06-13-2018, 08:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm7sQ7u_xuQ

thank you for posting. :toast

K...
06-13-2018, 08:57 AM
I’m curious as to what the February trade offer from the Celtics was that the spurs turned down.

I'm guessing that woj is using Boston or Laker sources. The post about Boston offering Tatum was probably what they referred to.

This article is either sourced from Spurs trying to guilt kawhi into taking less, or another team who wants to scare LeBron away with 1) kathi could leave, 2) pop will leave in two years.

Keepin' it real
06-13-2018, 08:59 AM

I don't believe you.

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2018, 09:01 AM
:lol tbh

spursparker9
06-13-2018, 09:04 AM
Okay. Can say goodbye to Bron

BillMc
06-13-2018, 09:05 AM
thank you for posting. :toast
:bobo

I don't believe you.
:lol

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 09:15 AM
And Kawhi.

Mugen
06-13-2018, 09:21 AM
Jalen is such a dumb POS, you can tell he's very limited in education.

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 09:26 AM
I agree with WOJ this isn’t just an open/closed deal. The super max would give Kawhi 35% of the salary cap. That is franchise crippling if Kawhi is injured or stand offish with coaches or teammates or if he isn’t committed. Super max contracts are so new we don’t know how damaging they are if you gamble on that player and he doesn’t come through.

Spurs shouldn’t just throw around money. They should be reasonable and open minded but they should also be careful about this decision.

Agree. But we don't need Woj saying that Pop wouldn't coach after 2020 to know he'll retire in two years. He's 70 years old now, no one expects he'll continue coaching at 73-75...

That's why it would be hard to sell to the Spurs' owners, these type of contracts after 2019. Without Pop, they could have in mind some rebuilding time where a max deal Kawhi's on the books woudnt make sense.

His camp knows it, Jabari Young always talked about the Spurs giving an extension this year or trading him. Playing one year to be in the same situation next summer isn't an option for his camp.

Mugen
06-13-2018, 09:29 AM
Glad to see that Pop isn't going into the meeting on his hands and knees like Jeanie did for Dwight a few years back.

Even Dr. Buss had to peel himself off a 20yo asian prostitute to beg Kirby to stay a while back. Really embarrassing for a supposed storied organization tbh. :lol

RD2191
06-13-2018, 09:32 AM
I don't believe you.

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 09:45 AM
I'm guessing that woj is using Boston or Laker sources. The post about Boston offering Tatum was probably what they referred to.

This article is either sourced from Spurs trying to guilt kawhi into taking less, or another team who wants to scare LeBron away with 1) kathi could leave, 2) pop will leave in two years.

I'd love to believe this since Lakers anc C's PR were behind many Woj's articles about Spurs/Kawhi all season.

Since February, when they created and spread rumors about Kawhi wanting out, to "go home" or to play in bigger markets "like Boston", I said that those rumors were BS, because he wanted to sign an extension with the Spurs

He confirmed it to media, told Danny the same, many reporters know he wants the extension.

But at the same time, I've posted about Spurs reticence to supermax deals, Pop's retirement, Spurs owners situations...What Woj says now it isn't new.

james evans
06-13-2018, 09:45 AM
Pop aint leaving until he's forced out. He'll be here in 2022 with Ginobli at 45 years old still coming off the bench turning the ball over averaging .6 points per game

TimDunkem
06-13-2018, 10:05 AM
Pop aint leaving until he's forced out. He'll be here in 2022 with Ginobli at 45 years old still coming off the bench turning the ball over averaging .6 points per game

The scary thing is that you're probably right.

exstatic
06-13-2018, 11:05 AM
The scary thing is that you're probably right.

Nope. 2020. Then he goes off to Team USA full time.

TimDunkem
06-13-2018, 11:08 AM
Nope. 2020. Then he goes off to Team USA full time.

Regardless, Manu is still probably our 6th man in 2022.

eDizzle20
06-13-2018, 11:21 AM
Woj getting desperate. Typical ESPN. All signs point to both sides working things out. Proof as the Spurs are not even entertaining offers. PATFO making the smart decision to work things out.

John B
06-13-2018, 11:25 AM
Nothing new just speculations, trying to get traction for Magic team that Kawhi is still much available for the market, less likely for Bron to pick Spurs if tension is there, something to talk about. And Pops retiring? Who knows what the guy think? I feel bad losing his wife, but what more will he do now? Sulk? I’m sure losing to Dubs last year that passion was a thorn on his side. That’s why imo he will be all out there to convince Bron to join against the same team. The only thing is if Kawhi’s at 100% healthy before offering him the supermax.

BatManu20
06-13-2018, 11:28 AM
Interesting how it is said Pop won't coach after 2020. That would be a hard sell for Lebron. I mean, maybe 2 years of coaching may entice Lebron, But Lebron would want to play for many many more years and Pop can use Duncan, Manu, Parker as his commitment of increasing his players longevity.

LeBron is LA bound anyways.

DMC
06-13-2018, 12:05 PM
Issue here:

If Pop retires from the NBA, meaning no longer any part of decision making for the Spurs, why wouldn't he drop the supermax right away? What does he have to lose?

exstatic
06-13-2018, 12:10 PM

When was the last time LeBron signed anything but a 1+1 anyway? 2010? He may want to come kick GS's asses for two years, and then go his own way.

exstatic
06-13-2018, 12:12 PM
Issue here:

If Pop retires from the NBA, meaning no longer any part of decision making for the Spurs, why wouldn't he drop the supermax right away? What does he have to lose?

It's not his money? Pop will have input and a recommendation, but the ownership group will have the final say.

spurraider21
06-13-2018, 12:19 PM
he might retire from coaching to avoid the daily grind/travel but is still team President as it stands

and i dont see why pop not coaching beyond 2020 will be a big deterrent for lebron anyway. he's been signing 1-2 year deals for a while now anyway.

Chinook
06-13-2018, 12:22 PM

The 35 percent isn't really the problem. I think SA would glad give out a deal that guaranteed Leonard 35 percent of the team's cap for five years. It's the eight-percent raises on top that really causes problems. If the cap doesn't start exploding again, things like $50 Million his final year is almost too much to pay even if Kawhi were in his full form.

John B
06-13-2018, 12:45 PM
If Kawhi is still in full form 5 years from now, I’m convinced Spurs would pickup a ring or two along the way. The guy is 26 and will be at his peak, while Durant, LeBron, Dubs hysteria would all be older or die down. Davis? Good luck winning at NO. I’ll bet he’s be next one knocking on Spurs door. Granted Kawhi would be back 100% healthy! I’d like to add DJ’s development as potential All-Star talent, because he’s got that personality to recruit talent. But it starts with bringing back Kawhi.

FkLA
06-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Who cares what percentage of the cap Kawhi takes up. I can't imagine another player/group of players that the Spurs could use that same amount of money on that would get them closer to a title than Kawhi would. The whole point of the supermax is that it's so exorbitant that it gives small markets the ability to retain their stars. So Im not sure why some are balking at it now.

Regarding the Won "report", it's nothing new. Rebuilding the relationship has always been a condition for offering the supermax.

SuperCam
06-13-2018, 12:54 PM
If Kawhi is still in full form 5 years from now, I’m convinced Spurs would pickup a ring or two along the way. The guy is 26 and will be at his peak, while Durant, LeBron, Dubs hysteria would all be older or die down. Davis? Good luck winning at NO. I’ll bet he’s be next one knocking on Spurs door. Granted Kawhi would be back 100% healthy! I’d like to add DJ’s development as potential All-Star talent, because he’s got that personality to recruit talent. But it starts with bringing back Kawhi.

Kiwi is turning 27 in two weeks, he's in his prime right now and given his injury history it probably won't be a long one. Spur don't have the luxury of waiting for LeBron and the Showers to age out while Kiwi's prime is wasted by garbage loyalty/scrub contracts like it is right now. it will already be over by then.

dijon needs to work on becoming a league average point guard. the idea that in the west he's anywhere close to sniffing ASG :lol

Chinook
06-13-2018, 12:55 PM
Who cares what percentage of the cap Kawhi takes up. I can't imagine another player/group of players that the Spurs could use that same amount of money on that would get them closer to a title than Kawhi would. The whole point of the supermax is that it's so exorbitant that it gives small markets the ability to retain their stars. So Im not sure why some are balking at it now.

Regarding the Won "report", it's nothing new. Rebuilding the relationship has always been a condition for offering the supermax.

Yes, and this was always a really stupid solution to a problem that wasn't a big deal anyway. Small-market teams don't typically compete as it is, and they can't usually afford to pay huge salaries. It just means more guys walking.

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 01:05 PM
Well, if the Spurs don't want or can't afford to pay huge salaries on these superteams-days, we'll see many first-round exits.

If they expect to build through the draft, it will take many dark years of negative records.

If they expect to build via-trades instead of giving their own players huge deals, it will sound bad in FA. Most elite players would know that the Spurs are only about cheap contracts

I've said before GMs should learn from Presti-Harden mistake.

A team can't lose a top player just for money reasons.

DAF86
06-13-2018, 01:07 PM
4. Celtics made a trade offer for Leonard in February, which the Spurs turned down.

I wonder what that offer looked like.

cd98
06-13-2018, 01:27 PM
Yes, and this was always a really stupid solution to a problem that wasn't a big deal anyway. Small-market teams don't typically compete as it is, and they can't usually afford to pay huge salaries. It just means more guys walking.

i actually agree. I think Cousins would be a King but for the super max.

MoSpur02
06-13-2018, 01:27 PM
I told you that the Spurs were thinking of trading Kawhi back before the trade deadline. I also stated that Boston was the team the Spurs considered trading him to. They had the go ahead, but decided not to.

Not sure who was offered. The Spurs would have traded him IMO if the Boston offer would have blown them away, but it obviously didn't.

sasaint
06-13-2018, 01:29 PM

I thought Manu was already at least 46...

FkLA
06-13-2018, 01:51 PM

I'm sure there will be some desperate team that gives it to a second tier star but if it's given to a Kawhi, Durbeta, or Davis I'm not seeing how it's not better than the alternative, tbh.

DMC
06-13-2018, 02:09 PM
It's not his money? Pop will have input and a recommendation, but the ownership group will have the final say.

The comment above was that Pop wouldn't go in with supermax right away. If Pop doesn't have that as an option, then the point in the OP is moot.

Chinook
06-13-2018, 02:09 PM
I'm sure there will be some desperate team that gives it to a second tier star but if it's given to a Kawhi, Durbeta, or Davis I'm not seeing how it's not better than the alternative, tbh.

Because it's really hard to build a team with the DPE and a normal budget. Washington is dying right now because of Wall's deal, and it hasn't even kicked in yet. OKC is going to start hemorrhaging salary soon too because of Westbrook. The Rockets are seriously entertaining letting Capela walk because of Harden's max. The list goes on and on. That extra $40-something is the difference between SA being a consistent tax team and staying in the black, and I am not even counting guys like Pau and Mills being on the team. I have no doubt NO will cave on the supermax, but I also don't doubt that they'll struggle to really improve after that contract kicks in. Eventually it's too much.

DMC
06-13-2018, 02:12 PM
Because it's really hard to build a team with the DPE and a normal budget. Washington is dying right now because of Wall's deal, and it hasn't even kicked in yet. OKC is going to start hemorrhaging salary soon too because of Westbrook. The Rockets are seriously entertaining letting Capela walk because of Harden's max. The list goes on and on. That extra $40-something is the difference between SA being a consistent tax team and staying in the black, and I am not even counting guys like Pau and Mills being on the team. I have no doubt NO will cave on the supermax, but I also don't doubt that they'll struggle to really improve after that contract kicks in. Eventually it's too much.

I never saw salary as a way to buy championships. I've always seen is as a way to sell tickets. You can find a lot of examples of high salary teams that don't do well in the competitive arena but sell a lot of tickets because they have "stars". It might be a player's goal to win championships, but the franchise has to make a profit. Sometimes those go hand in hand, but sometimes they don't (look at Dallas, for example).

Chinook
06-13-2018, 02:13 PM
The actual point of this break is to counteract the SAEN report that suggested SA is entering negotiations from a position of weakness. Like they were going in willing to give Kawhi ('s team) whatever contract he wanted, and it was going to be up to him to forgive PATFO enough to take it. Woj is saying more than PATFO are looking for Kawhi to come with concessions before they're willing to offer the DPE, and those concessions may not able to be given out until the summer of 2019. I do think Woj has this mostly right in that Kawhi isn't going to be able to bully PATFO into doing everything he wants, but at the same time, they will ultimately be willing to offer the supermax if Leonard says the right things. I'm hoping for a bit more nuance to all this, as I've said. Finding a creative way to work Leonard's deal to allow for the team to add/retain a third star seems like the best solution for everyone.

BillMc
06-13-2018, 02:14 PM

Along those lines how long can the Dubs last? They've got a Supermax in Curry, a regular Max (or close to it) in Durant? It sounds like they may lose Klay and Draymond eventually because of the Curry deal. But eventually will be at least 2 more years, I think. Draymond has said he wants the Supermax if he qualifies. Klay said he'd take less but then his dad told him to re-think that. How long can the Warriors hold it together with a Supermax and a max. Because we'll have that too potentially with Kawhi and LMA.

John B
06-13-2018, 02:18 PM
Remember when it was pre-Drob and every player’s name ends with -son? Nope it wasn’t fun. Please FO don’t mess this thing up :depressed

DMC
06-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Along those lines how long can the Dubs last? They've got a Supermax in Curry, a regular Max (or close to it) in Durant? It sounds like they may lose Klay and Draymond eventually because of the Curry deal. But eventually will be at least 2 more years, I think. Draymond has said he wants the Supermax if he qualifies. Klay said he'd take less but then his dad told him to re-think that. How long can the Warriors hold it together with a Supermax and a max. Because we'll have that too potentially with Kawhi and LMA.

KD is on his own. He could get his money anywhere he goes. He probably still feels a bit like he doesn't really belong there but he's good with the trophies. You cannot expect a b2b RS MVP to take less than the supermax. Steph is still the centerpiece, I think, in GS. Kevin is a big fat question mark. He could decide to go anywhere else on a whim. He probably won't. Klay is just happy to be there. He'll take a pay cut to stay around the winning and the cameras. Draymond is the same way. Without the others pulling the offensive load, Draymond is on some shit team just being a mouth and losing games.

BillMc
06-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Finding a creative way to work Leonard's deal to allow for the team to add/retain a third star seems like the best solution for everyone.

Could they convince him to opt-in on his last year of his current deal, and then start the SuperMax extension? That would give them 2 years, rather than 1, where Kawhi is relatively cheap, to get onboard that third star? Is that a likely scenario with Kawhi's group?

spursreport
06-13-2018, 02:31 PM
KD is on his own. He could get his money anywhere he goes. He probably still feels a bit like he doesn't really belong there but he's good with the trophies. You cannot expect a b2b RS MVP to take less than the supermax. Steph is still the centerpiece, I think, in GS. Kevin is a big fat question mark. He could decide to go anywhere else on a whim. He probably won't. Klay is just happy to be there. He'll take a pay cut to stay around the winning and the cameras. Draymond is the same way. Without the others pulling the offensive load, Draymond is on some shit team just being a mouth and losing games.

Klay’s father recently said his son isn’t taking a paycut, and Draymond just ranted that his last paycut is why they got Durant and he will turn down an upcoming extension so he will be eligible for a bigger deal. The euphoria stage is over for this superteam. Already saw Steph take the max and Iggy get greedy and force the Warriors hands. Klay/Green will follow suit.

exstatic
06-13-2018, 02:39 PM

LMA will not be eligible for the DPE. It's only available to a player's originally drafting team, unless, like Harden, they are traded on their rookie contract.

I've been saying that GS will fall apart by next summer, and by that, I mean not all of the four players will be there, since last summer. I think in maybe 2-3 years, it will be Durant and Curry, and they'll both be on the high side of 30 by then. People are inevitablly surprised when things fall apart, but nothing lasts forever. It was a freakish combination of circumstances that led to their roster being able to be constructed the way it is.

BillMc
06-13-2018, 02:44 PM
LMA will not be eligible for the DPE. It's only available to a player's originally drafting team, unless, like Harden, they are traded on their rookie contract.

I've been saying that GS will fall apart by next summer, and by that, I mean not all of the four players will be there, since last summer. I think in maybe 2-3 years, it will be Durant and Curry, and they'll both be on the high side of 30 by then. People are inevitablly surprised when things fall apart, but nothing lasts forever. It was a freakish combination of circumstances that led to their roster being able to be constructed the way it is.

Thanks.:toast Agree on Dubs ticking clock. 2 years max.

Yeah, I knew how the DPE works. Thanks. When I said max for LMA, I meant the regular non-DPE max.

toki9
06-13-2018, 02:45 PM
As an example of how onerous these contracts can be, here are the projections that ESPN's Bobby Marks did a while ago with regards to the Warriors. I believe the key assumption made for the projection was that they keep the 4 core players intact, but not sure what other assumptions they made. But the numbers are pretty ridiculous:

2017-18: Luxury Tax of $42.8M for a total of $181.4M
2018-19: Luxury Tax of $90.4M for a total of $244.5M
2019-20: Luxury Tax of $198.6M for a total of $373.0M
2020-21: Luxury Tax of $222.7M for a total of $400.6M

exstatic
06-13-2018, 02:46 PM
As an example of how onerous these contracts can be, here are the projections that ESPN's Bobby Marks did a while ago with regards to the Warriors. I believe the key assumption made for the projection was that they keep the 4 core players intact, but not sure what other assumptions they made. But the numbers are pretty ridiculous:

2017-18: Luxury Tax of $42.8M for a total of $181.4M
2018-19: Luxury Tax of $90.4M for a total of $244.5M
2019-20: Luxury Tax of $198.6M for a total of $373.0M
2020-21: Luxury Tax of $222.7M for a total of $400.6M

LeBron, just come for a couple of seasons, and piss in their punch, causing their owner to bust it up when they don't win.

spursistan
06-13-2018, 02:58 PM
I have no doubt the Spurs would have given him the Supermax if they were sure he was going to be healthy for the long run. He just won't by the looks of it.

His camp conveniently leaked another "closer to 100%" story before the sit down with Pop. Really nobody is buying that bullshit anymore; he has to prove it on court first.

Chinook
06-13-2018, 03:07 PM
Could they convince him to opt-in on his last year of his current deal, and then start the SuperMax extension? That would give them 2 years, rather than 1, where Kawhi is relatively cheap, to get onboard that third star? Is that a likely scenario with Kawhi's group?

I'd definitely try to sell that if I secure a deal for Lebron or even Kemba Walker. It's not so much avoiding those guys and their salaries, but not being hurt by the one-year spike in LMA's salary the year after next.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=16040863355b1eb9c3dd466748788473

Posted before, but it's a basic mock-up of what SA could be looking at if they trade most of their team for Lebron and Thompson, get Kawhi to delay the DPE and waive LMA's final year. It even allows for Murray to become an impact player (and getting that associated salary bump), which means SA could remain financially stable while still having a "Big Three" for years to come.

BillMc
06-13-2018, 03:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6_sOqjL1rw

Mugen
06-13-2018, 03:19 PM
Kemba is a great target and much more realistic than LeBron coming.

Namundy
06-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Better not be a long way from offering him the supermax. Dude is our last shot at relevance for the next 5-10 years.

Mugen
06-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Not trying to be sexist or anything and I respect Rachel's journalistic integrity but that bitch should keep the Spurs out her mouth tbh :lol

BillMc
06-13-2018, 03:29 PM
I'd definitely try to sell that if I secure a deal for Lebron or even Kemba Walker. It's not so much avoiding those guys and their salaries, but not being hurt by the one-year spike in LMA's salary the year after next.

Posted before, but it's a basic mock-up of what SA could be looking at if they trade most of their team for Lebron and Thompson, get Kawhi to delay the DPE and waive LMA's final year. It even allows for Murray to become an impact player (and getting that associated salary bump), which means SA could remain financially stable while still having a "Big Three" for years to come.

Thanks. If I understand the scenario in your link, the Spurs waive LMA's last year. (I guess they have a team option? I thought it was a player option). So your model would be 2 more years of LMA, then kick him to the curb and hope Murray has emerged as the third part of a Big 3 with Kawhi and LeBron.

I would suspect that LMA's game will age well, but even shedding him, 2 years of LeBron's late prime would be worth it, especially if we assume (big assumption here) that DJ has become an All-Star level player.

lmbebo
06-13-2018, 03:31 PM

Not sure if thats even possible ... Too many what if's ....

BillMc
06-13-2018, 03:32 PM
Not trying to be sexist or anything and I respect Rachel's journalistic integrity but that bitch should keep the Spurs out her mouth tbh :lol

Rachel didn't bother me nearly as much as Amir immediately turning this into "the Spurs are trying to assassinate Kawhi's character again" shtick.

Mugen
06-13-2018, 03:42 PM
Rachel didn't bother me nearly as much as Amir immediately turning this into "the Spurs are trying to assassinate Kawhi's character again" shtick.

I stopped watching immediately before Amin. Guy is an f'n tool.

In all seriousness, I like Nichols but she has a job to do and an agenda to push working for ESPN. A lot of the "facts" she spat out were extremely misleading to present the "rift" between Kawhi and the organization being larger than what it probably is tbh

phxspurfan
06-13-2018, 03:49 PM
New article from Woj on the Kawhi Leonard saga. Among the highlights:

1. Pop won’t go into the meeting with Leonard and drop the supermax contract right off the bat without a significant healing of the relationship.
2. Spurs may choose not to offer the supermax, let Leonard play out the 2018-2019 season to establish his commitment to the franchise, and only then give him the offer.
3. Pop is not expected to coach the Spurs beyond 2020.
5. Sixers and Lakers remain interested in trading for Leonard.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23770525/what-next-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-nba-free-agency-trades (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23770525/what-next-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-nba-free-agency-trades)

Thank fucking God someone in the FO isn't as blindly homeristic as all of the memoryless fools on this site. Kawhi shit on this whole organization in a major way all of last year. For us to even think about offering this quitter 200M will take some serious healing. It is definitely in the show-me state, both because of the injury and because of the attitude and lack of leadership/communication skills from him and His Camp. He's in no position to say he will be leading us anywhere but into the ground.

Also, this may be Pop's way of saying he's done with Kawhi.

As a standard, Westbrook got the Supermax after averaging a triple double and single handedly leading his team through a couple rounds in the playoffs, basically on his own.

TD 21
06-13-2018, 03:50 PM
The more we hear about this, the more convinced I am that after the initial rift, this whole thing amounts to posturing. I don't think Leonard ever wanted out. I think his camp leaked that to a certain segment of the media in an attempt to 1) strong arm the Spurs into giving him the super max, in case they were having pause and 2) win the PR battle, as they attempt to build his "brand".

What they came to find out was, 1 wasn't the way to go about this. Now, on the heels of the meeting, all of a sudden there's conveniently been a rash of positive reports recently. That's them changing tactics.

I also think a lot of the Wojnarowski reporting on this has been bogus, too. Not that he made it up, just that the Spurs didn't like the tact Leonard's camp was taking and decided they'd give them a taste of their own medicine through the most credible name in the business. They also probably want to put his feet to the fire and make him sweat it out.

Ultimately, long term health was and is probably the only thing that was ever going to prevent an offer. I don't see how he could convince them of his commitment out of season. He'll likely feed them cliché answers that they want to hear and they'll likely pretend to be satisfied.

DPG21920
06-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Agree. But we don't need Woj saying that Pop wouldn't coach after 2020 to know he'll retire in two years. He's 70 years old now, no one expects he'll continue coaching at 73-75...

That's why it would be hard to sell to the Spurs' owners, these type of contracts after 2019. Without Pop, they could have in mind some rebuilding time where a max deal Kawhi's on the books woudnt make sense.

His camp knows it, Jabari Young always talked about the Spurs giving an extension this year or trading him. Playing one year to be in the same situation next summer isn't an option for his camp.

He wouldn’t be in the same situation if he PLAYS. If he plays, he gets the deal next off season assuming he qualifies. Huge difference. If Kawhi is willing to play for 180M somewhere else he should have no issues playing under his current contract next season for the chance at 219M when the downside is he will still get the 180M from SA if he fails to meet the criteria.

look_at_g_shred
06-13-2018, 04:10 PM
The more we hear about this, the more convinced I am that after the initial rift, this whole thing amounts to posturing. I don't think Leonard ever wanted out. I think his camp leaked that to a certain segment of the media in an attempt to 1) strong arm the Spurs into giving him the super max, in case they were having pause and 2) win the PR battle, as they attempt to build his "brand".

What they came to find out was, 1 wasn't the way to go about this. Now, on the heels of the meeting, all of a sudden there's conveniently been a rash of positive reports recently. That's them changing tactics.

I also think a lot of the Wojnarowski reporting on this has been bogus, too. Not that he made it up, just that the Spurs didn't like the tact Leonard's camp was taking and decided they'd give them a taste of their own medicine through the most credible name in the business. They also probably want to put his feet to the fire and make him sweat it out.

Ultimately, long term health was and is probably the only thing that was ever going to prevent an offer. I don't see how he could convince them of his commitment out of season. He'll likely feed them cliché answers that they want to hear and they'll likely pretend to be satisfied.
I'm with you on the WOJ thing..like who tf does he think he is reporting on Pop not being here after 2020. If i'm pop, i'd be fucking pissed the fuck off.

look_at_g_shred
06-13-2018, 04:13 PM
Kemba is a great target and much more realistic than LeBron coming.
How do you know that he's even on the spurs' radar?

Chinook
06-13-2018, 04:18 PM
Not sure if thats even possible ... Too many what if's ....

The link shows it's possible. It's not likely to go down like that, but the basic idea should remain the same.

Chinook
06-13-2018, 04:20 PM
Thanks. If I understand the scenario in your link, the Spurs waive LMA's last year. (I guess they have a team option? I thought it was a player option). So your model would be 2 more years of LMA, then kick him to the curb and hope Murray has emerged as the third part of a Big 3 with Kawhi and LeBron.

I would suspect that LMA's game will age well, but even shedding him, 2 years of LeBron's late prime would be worth it, especially if we assume (big assumption here) that DJ has become an All-Star level player.

They don't have to waive Aldridge. It's more that by then they'll be able to choose between him and Murray. And LMA's last year is not any kind of option. It's partially guaranteed.

lmbebo
06-13-2018, 04:21 PM
The link shows it's possible. It's not likely to go down like that, but the basic idea should remain the same.

Numbers wise its possible... But it takes a lot of assumptions.

DPG21920
06-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Lol that Rachel Nichols video and those clowns.

Just because a player is eligible for DPE does not mean that’s all or nothing. Its a stupid contract and caused issues and them acting like Kawhi playing for LA for 180M is different than SA for 180M is fine just because SA CAN (not has to) offer the DPE is ridiculous

Chinook
06-13-2018, 04:26 PM
Numbers wise its possible... But it takes a lot of assumptions.

So does every extremely specific scenario. The general idea only takes one.

Mugen
06-13-2018, 04:28 PM
How do you know that he's even on the spurs' radar?

I don't. Just offseason baseless speculation. But I do think he'd be a good fit on the team and I don't think it'd be that difficult to acquire him, though it would likely involve taking back Batum's terrible contract.

tdunk21
06-13-2018, 04:29 PM
#FakeNews

daslicer
06-13-2018, 04:32 PM

In all seriousness, I like Nichols but she has a job to do and an agenda to push working for ESPN. A lot of the "facts" she spat out were extremely misleading to present the "rift" between Kawhi and the organization being larger than what it probably is tbh

Amin is a tool and a certified Spurs hater. He's still bitter about the Spurs beating the Suns since he was working for the Suns during the Nash era. I remember last year this idiot said Kawhi deserved to get hurt by Zaza for all the bad things Bruce Bowen did.

Budkin
06-13-2018, 04:36 PM

This. Woj lost his mojo when he went to ESPN. He just makes shit up now.

coachmac87
06-13-2018, 04:45 PM
I'm with you on the WOJ thing..like who tf does he think he is reporting on Pop not being here after 2020. If i'm pop, i'd be fucking pissed the fuck off.

I made a thread about 2020 being the Spurs window last offseason

It’s not a hard conclusion to come to tbh...

exstatic
06-13-2018, 04:53 PM

He won't be. Just like many in this forum, ownership isn't thrilled with his politics, and he's been more or less muzzled with the threat of 7 figure fines.

spurs1990
06-13-2018, 04:59 PM
Thank fucking God someone in the FO isn't as blindly homeristic as all of the memoryless fools on this site. Kawhi shit on this whole organization in a major way all of last year. For us to even think about offering this quitter 200M will take some serious healing. It is definitely in the show-me state, both because of the injury and because of the attitude and lack of leadership/communication skills from him and His Camp. He's in no position to say he will be leading us anywhere but into the ground.

Also, this may be Pop's way of saying he's done with Kawhi.

As a standard, Westbrook got the Supermax after averaging a triple double and single handedly leading his team through a couple rounds in the playoffs, basically on his own.

I agree with all of this and of course I'm in the camp of being hugely let down by his antics this past season. At minimal he was just weird.

But more importantly the Spurs do have leverage. Leonard's team has to play ball or if he walks in 2019 he loses, what, around $40 million in earnings?
Now I know if he's traded by the deadline his new team can give him that $219m so I'm sure his team will angle for that... and that's when it will get really ugly.

Mugen
06-13-2018, 05:08 PM
I agree with all of this and of course I'm in the camp of being hugely let down by his antics this past season. At minimal he was just weird.

But more importantly the Spurs do have leverage. Leonard's team has to play ball or if he walks in 2019 he loses, what, around $40 million in earnings?
Now I know if he's traded by the deadline his new team can give him that $219m so I'm sure his team will angle for that... and that's when it will get really ugly.

Only the Spurs can offer him the 219million

baseline bum
06-13-2018, 05:09 PM
He won't be. Just like many in this forum, ownership isn't thrilled with his politics, and he's been more or less muzzled with the threat of 7 figure fines.

source?

Mugen
06-13-2018, 05:11 PM

noles1983
06-13-2018, 05:13 PM

Fake news

TheDoctor
06-13-2018, 05:14 PM

Stop being a cry baby tbh

exstatic
06-13-2018, 05:20 PM
[/B]

Yup. It has to be the team that drafted you, OR a team, like Houston/Harden, that traded for you while you were still on your rookie contract. I'm not sure his 'team' understood this, and maybe thought they had that leverage. That's what you bet for hiring an agent that works out of his car, and has no NBA representation experience. Bird rights don't even convey any more on a S&T. The league has made a concerted effort to cut down on these leverage situations where teams were put in a bad spot.

Seventyniner
06-13-2018, 05:23 PM

I wish the NBAPA and owners had had the foresight to add in a clause where a DPE player gets paid the full amount of the contract in cash, but only the ordinary max gets counted towards the cap and tax. You want to incentivize teams to draft star players and those star players to stay, while the current system does the opposite.

spurs1990
06-13-2018, 05:33 PM
[/B]

Yup. It has to be the team that drafted you, OR a team, like Houston/Harden, that traded for you while you were still on your rookie contract. I'm not sure his 'team' understood this, and maybe thought they had that leverage. That's what you bet for hiring an agent that works out of his car, and has no NBA representation experience. Bird rights don't even convey any more on a S&T. The league has made a concerted effort to cut down on these leverage situations where teams were put in a bad spot.

Thanks gents that rule makes even more sense:toast

Spurs have real leverage. I'm liking their chances in making the right move long-term.

ducks
06-13-2018, 05:34 PM

good

phxspurfan
06-13-2018, 05:34 PM
I wish the NBAPA and owners had had the foresight to add in a clause where a DPE player gets paid the full amount of the contract in cash

:lol what are you smoking

Mugen
06-13-2018, 05:35 PM

Agree with a lot of these takes tbh. The situation reeks of his "group" being extremely inexperienced and having no clue about how the Spurs organization operates. Jabari, Jalen Rose, etc. have been their mouthpieces and the Spurs are starting to play their hand through Woj.

phxspurfan
06-13-2018, 05:40 PM
Can't wait for this fucker to report to camp and stfu and play with no extension. Earn your pay and extension like everyone else.

FireMicoHalili
06-13-2018, 05:52 PM
Source? Or is this just conjecture from the fact Peter Holt and his wife are Republican? It says so on his Wikipedia page and well...he’s white and Texan. Not surprised he has a confederate flag hiding somewhere.

All the more reason for LeBron not to go here then. LeBron has been quite vocal about his politics and another mouthpiece, I imagine, would not bode well for the front office. His son recently committed to a school in Los Angeles if I remember, and he was quite vocal about family being the reason for committting to a team; I doubt that idiot J.R. Smith counts as family. The only reasons that make sense for him to go here is Popovich and the fact he’s playing with fewer morons than he did in Cleveland.

wildbill2u
06-13-2018, 06:08 PM

I wonder if the Celtics would put forward the same deal for Tatum today after his play in the playoffs seemed to go to a new level. After all, Kwahi at this point is damaged goods, either physically or mentally.

baseline bum
06-13-2018, 06:11 PM

:lmao

SpurOutofTownFan
06-13-2018, 06:24 PM
TBH I could see Pop postponing retirement just to coincide with Lebron's last years since he's been the greatest player since MJ. I can see that happening for only that reason. None of the other players, including Kawhi, is reason enough for Pop to delay his well-deserved retirement.

phxspurfan
06-13-2018, 06:32 PM
since he's been the greatest player since MJ

dafuq?

https://static.highsnobiety.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/18211449/kobe-bryant-most-iconic-nba-moments-001-480x320.jpg

https://mk0slamonlinensgt39k.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/SLMP-170200-HYPE-Throwback-01.jpg

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/61/61/55/13048682/9/rawImage.jpg

Those are the greatest (wing) players since MJ.

Plus $20 says Pop hates Kawhi now.

phxspurfan
06-13-2018, 06:34 PM

:lol just saw your profile pic.

monkeypunk
06-13-2018, 07:06 PM

Fuck the people not happy with his politics. If you are mad or offended that Pop is using his platform to speak out about racism then you are a racist and can get the fuck off this planet.

weebo
06-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Pop probably doesn't know what he's doing after 2020 and :lol at anyone who believes any of these so called insiders...

spurschamps99030507
06-13-2018, 07:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQQ4zVMARmU

Spur|n|Austin
06-13-2018, 08:08 PM

:lol bc of Woj's trash article not citing any sources?

BillMc
06-13-2018, 08:13 PM
Pop probably doesn't know what he's doing after 2020 and :lol at anyone who believes any of these so called insiders...

tholdren
06-13-2018, 08:16 PM
Can't wait for this fucker to report to camp and stfu and play with no extension. Earn your pay and extension like everyone else.

Hope so. Hes not a max player. Never led spurs to anything. Never will

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2018, 09:42 PM
The supermax is the only way Kawhi stays. Don't think too highly of yourselves spurmfan :lol the surrounding cast sucks and the money is the only thing you have in your favor over the Lakers

I hope players learned from David West and Rudy Gay to never take a discount for this team

offset formation
06-13-2018, 10:03 PM

She kind of supported SA's position after the two dopes spoke.

FkLA
06-13-2018, 10:15 PM
The supermax is the only way Kawhi stays. Don't think too highly of yourselves spurmfan :lol the surrounding cast sucks and the money is the only thing you have in your favor over the Lakers

Harsh but true. ST tries to nickel and dime every player. Prior to signing his current deal, most STers wanted him for like 5 years/60 mill. :lol

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 10:21 PM
Plus $20 says Pop hates Kawhi now.

Well, I've said before that's the part of Phil that Pop can't match. He is way better coach than Phil but his personality doesn't allow him to handle some players.

I can't imagine Pop trying to coach MJ when he changed the designated play in a crucial TO or Kobe when he was telling his teammates "get the f*ck out of the way"..., or Rodman and his unprofessional behavior....

Phil didn't exactly love Kobe but he could coach him, Pop could barely deal w/Dedmon...

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 10:38 PM
He wouldn’t be in the same situation if he PLAYS. If he plays, he gets the deal next off season assuming he qualifies. Huge difference. If Kawhi is willing to play for 180M somewhere else he should have no issues playing under his current contract next season for the chance at 219M when the downside is he will still get the 180M from SA if he fails to meet the criteria.

them acting like Kawhi playing for LA for 180M is different than SA for 180M is fine just because SA CAN (not has to) offer the DPE is ridiculous

"HUGE DIFFERENCE"..If Kawhi plays in other city next season for $180M that means he was traded and got a $180M 4-5 years.

But the Spurs are asking him to play a whole season more without a long-term contract...That's why he will ask for a trade if he doesn't get the extension, he wants the security that only a 4-5 years contract can give now...

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2018, 10:40 PM
Harsh but true. ST tries to nickel and dime every player. Prior to signing his current deal, most STers wanted him for like 5 years/60 mill. :lol
:lol :tu

Play Boban
06-13-2018, 10:50 PM
Kawhitter didn’t even attend poop’s funeral tbh. No way poop lets Kawhitter resign with this team. Unless he retires.

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 10:55 PM
Kawhitter didn’t even attend poop’s funeral tbh. No way poop lets Kawhitter resign with this team. Unless he retires.
YOU didn't attend Erin's funeral, Kawhi already did it. Even this Woj's article says he was there talking with teammates and Spurs' officials.

Stop trolling using Pop's lost....It's not funny.

Mikeanaro
06-13-2018, 11:07 PM
Woj is full of shit, fucking clown.

DPG21920
06-13-2018, 11:11 PM
"HUGE DIFFERENCE"..If Kawhi plays in other city next season for $180M that means he was traded and got a $180M 4-5 years.

But the Spurs are asking him to play a whole season more without a long-term contract...That's why he will ask for a trade if he doesn't get the extension, he wants the security that only a 4-5 years contract can give now...

Spurs can and would give him that same 180M right now. It’s the 219M that is the question. If Kawhi is ok playing for another team for that much, why not SA?

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 11:12 PM
I wonder if the Celtics would put forward the same deal for Tatum today after his play in the playoffs seemed to go to a new level. After all, Kwahi at this point is damaged goods, either physically or mentally.

When some guys here say the Spurs have "real leverage" they should realize how easy other teams could low ball them in trade-talks.

The rest of teams know there are many good FAs this offseason, they could sign them instead of giving young assets in a trade for Kawhi.

The Spurs have "real" leverage in offering him DPE or not, but they lose it if the player asks for a trade after not getting the extension.

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 11:22 PM
Spurs can and would give him that same 180M right now.
Nah. If you read this thread you should know that the Spurs don't want him, the meeting is only to tell him he'll get traded because "$20 says Pop hates him"... :D

If Kawhi is ok for playing for another team for that much, why not SA?
What's the incentive to play for a small market if they pay the same than a bigger market?

Don't mention winning in these superteams era, or coaching when Pop would retire before Kawhis extension stars or he would retire in the first years of the new contract...I can't see Pop coaching until 2024.

DPG21920
06-13-2018, 11:28 PM
Nah. If you read this thread you should know that the Spurs don't want him, the meeting is only to tell him he'll get traded because "$20 says Pop hates him"... :D

What's the incentive to play for a small market if they pay the same than a bigger market?

Don't mention winning in these superteams era, or coaching when Pop would retire before Kawhis extension stars or he would retire in the first years of the new contract...I can't see Pop coaching until 2024.

Winning is a big deal. Small markets have proven to be just as good as marketing yourself as any other market (see Bron, Lillard, etc..) and TX has no state income taxes so that same money actually goes further here.

Spurs drafted and developed him as well. No loyalty even though SA would be willing to give him the same max money as another team?

YGWHI
06-14-2018, 12:07 AM
Small markets have proven to be just as good as marketing yourself as any other market (see Bron, Lillard, etc..)
Depends on the player. California and Warriors give Draymond a market place he wouldn't get in other franchise...Can you imagine him signing the same endorsements in SA or Utah? The same thing was with Blake Griffin and the Clips.

and TX has no state income taxes so that same money actually goes further here.
Good point to take into account

Spurs drafted and developed him as well. No loyalty even though SA would be willing to give him the same max money as another team?
SA wouldn't be willing to give him more money than any other team...

Also, I wouldn't talk about loyalty when one of his teammates said his injury "was 100 times worse..." And other didn't include him on his list of top 5 players in this league.

I've said before that teams shouldn't wash dirty laundry in front sports' media or in social media.

And teammates shouldn't question the superstar of a team in public unless they want to run him off the city.

Anyway, it seems like we only talk about loyalty when the Spurs ask a player to take a paycut...

Why should players care about owners' money when they aren't willing to pay them properly?

Why should players support owners' being cheap?

IDK No one would say LeBron is a loyal guy but we would love to have him on the team

itzsoweezee
06-14-2018, 12:18 AM
This sounds like woj is talking out his ass. Shams took Woj's crown anyway

rasuo214
06-14-2018, 12:46 AM
Unless the Spurs have a great off-season there will be a lot of uncertainty going into next season. Both with the coaching staff and the roster. So it would be a pretty big gamble to not offer Kawhi an extension. Imo if they aren't comfortable with offering Kawhi the supermax then they need to seriously consider trading him before they risk getting nothing for him. Only reason not to trade him would be if they think they have a serious shot at the title.

DMC
06-14-2018, 12:51 AM
Klay’s father recently said his son isn’t taking a paycut, and Draymond just ranted that his last paycut is why they got Durant and he will turn down an upcoming extension so he will be eligible for a bigger deal. The euphoria stage is over for this superteam. Already saw Steph take the max and Iggy get greedy and force the Warriors hands. Klay/Green will follow suit.

This is why teams don't go 7 or 8 rings in a row. You cannot keep a team together with that kind of success. Still, you could get rid of Draymond and Iggy and bring in just mid level guys and the Warriors are still the favorites to win. As long as KD and Steph are on the same team, it's going to be tough for anyone to put up more points than them. KD alone can bury you in points. Klay as their 3rd or sometimes 4th option is just the beating of the dead horse. His career would probably be better served to play elsewhere but he'll get a HOF nod if he sticks around Oakland for a few more years.

DMC
06-14-2018, 12:54 AM
Unless the Spurs have a great off-season there will be a lot of uncertainty going into next season. Both with the coaching staff and the roster. So it would be a pretty big gamble to not offer Kawhi an extension. Imo if they aren't comfortable with offering Kawhi the supermax then they need to seriously consider trading him before they risk getting nothing for him. Only reason not to trade him would be if they think they have a serious shot at the title.

Trade him for what? Anything they could get in return will still cost money, and likely won't sell seats.

phxspurfan
06-14-2018, 01:06 AM
Trade him for what? Anything they could get in return will still cost money, and likely won't sell seats.

Trade for youngins, picks and expirings. No way a team with Gasol, Parker, Manu and Mills (much less Anderson and Murray) beats the superDubs for the next 5 years anyway

DMC
06-14-2018, 01:08 AM
Trade for youngins, picks and expirings. No way a team with Gasol, Parker, Manu and Mills (much less Anderson and Murray) beats the superDubs for the next 5 years anyway

But no one wants season tickets to watch the D league at NBA prices.

phxspurfan
06-14-2018, 01:12 AM
No one buys season tickets to the Spurs anymore anyway. U see all those empties at every home game? U get the emails I get after buying like 2 tickets in the Superbox for random home games? Theyre prepping for nuclear winter dude

alpha_HaZE
06-14-2018, 01:46 AM
Woj and the ESPN are speculating. It's good to have someone verify that Boston made an offer for Kawhi and the Spurs didn't answer the phone, but we all knew that. It's not like he told us what was on the table. We all remember Zack Lowe's podcast right.

The good news is that both the Spurs and Kawhi want to work things out and I am confident they will. Once the Kawhi situation has been resolved, then Lebron will decide where he wants to play next. If he comes on the West, I hope it's for the Spurs. Otherwise, he better stay East :)

With Kawhi back, and say the rest of the squad is back with some internal growth, I like our chances against anyone.

rasuo214
06-14-2018, 02:20 AM

Winning sells seats. Unless they plan on selling the team in the next year it would make sense to set the team up to be successful beyond next season.

spurs10
06-14-2018, 02:58 AM
No one buys season tickets to the Spurs anymore anyway. U see all those empties at every home game? U get the emails I get after buying like 2 tickets in the Superbox for random home games? Theyre prepping for nuclear winter dude
Last year was likely the worst it’s been as far as selling tickets and I had no problem selling mine when I couldn’t make it. If Kawhi is playing it will again be difficult to get good seats at a good price.

99 Problems
06-14-2018, 03:24 AM
Kawhi will stay.

He will sign an extension for 5 years

$190M

This leaves the Spurs with the best player on the planet. The extension is at a small discount per season, it is born out of the facts that he was very well paid this past season whilst out injured, but allows him security moving forward. He will also be reminded that at the end of the contract he will only be at the ages that CPstill0butshouldbe1 and LeBron are now and no doubt take note of the money they stand to make still. Off court will look after itself. As the best player in the league he will get his etc, Captain the Olympic team for Pop in Japan, be huge in China etc. It’s reasonably straight forward lol.

venitian navigator
06-14-2018, 03:32 AM
Kawhi will stay.

$190M

This leaves the Spurs with the best player on the planet. The extension is at a small discount per season, it is born out of the facts that he was very well paid this past season whilst out injured, but allows him security moving forward. He will also be reminded that at the end of the contract he will only be at the ages that CPstill0butshouldbe1 and LeBron are now and no doubt take note of the money they stand to make still. Off court will look after itself. As the best player in the league he will get his etc, Captain the Olympic team for Pop in Japan, be huge in China etc. It’s reasonably straight forward lol.

that looks reasonable...and a good way to end all the media trash talking...

spurs10
06-14-2018, 03:39 AM
Kawhi will stay.

$190M

This leaves the Spurs with the best player on the planet. The extension is at a small discount per season, it is born out of the facts that he was very well paid this past season whilst out injured, but allows him security moving forward. He will also be reminded that at the end of the contract he will only be at the ages that CPstill0butshouldbe1 and LeBron are now and no doubt take note of the money they stand to make still. Off court will look after itself. As the best player in the league he will get his etc, Captain the Olympic team for Pop in Japan, be huge in China etc. It’s reasonably straight forward lol. Especially if he buys in to winning. Leave something for the support crew- Tim style....which might be why he's there.

that looks reasonable...and a good way to end all the media trash talking... It is indeed time to move on. He was hurt last season, of course speculation was rampant.

99 Problems
06-14-2018, 05:33 AM
And you know that there’s no way in hell we go all good for launch on LeBron without having Kawhi sorted first. Because the first serious ball question Bron asks Pop. “So Pop, tell me, wots happening with Kawhi”

r0drig0lac
06-14-2018, 05:59 AM
And you know that there’s no way in hell we go all good for launch on LeBron without having Kawhi sorted first. Because the first serious ball question Bron asks Pop. “So Pop, tell me, wots happening with Kawhi”

baseline bum
06-14-2018, 06:55 AM

So fucking what? Kawhi wanted his use his own doctors since August 2017 and their rehab was so shitty he ended up missing the season for a minor injury. If he's going to pull that shit again why would the Spurs blow $219 million on him?

YGWHI
06-14-2018, 07:19 AM
So fucking what? Kawhi wanted his use his own doctors since August 2017 and their rehab was so shitty he ended up missing the season for a minor injury. If he's going to pull that shit again why would the Spurs blow $219 million on him?

Are you telling me that injury provisions clauses don't exist in NBA contracts?

If you say that player's contracts can't include clauses to protect the teams from some injuries...I can't help.

Also, you should read about Embiid's extension.

MoSpur02
06-14-2018, 07:51 AM
If he was concerned about his injury to sit out a whole season and went his own way with different doctors so that he wouldn't hurt his long-term career and people look at it as "good for him" for taking care of his future; then the Spurs should also take a whole season to wait before investing $219 million on him to see if his health holds up and to see if he can still perform at an elite level.

Yet people look at it as a slap in the face of Kawhi or some sort of a disrespect if they don't offer the super max this off season. I don't get it.

He took a whole year off and got paid a lot of money to rehab or whatever. The Spurs didn't like it one bit and considered trading him, but held off and paid him his money. Yet he and his camp will request a trade if the Spurs don't offer him an extension this off-season? Doesn't seem fair. I say make him earn the $219 this season. If he is the elite level player we all know he is then he shouldn't have a problem qualifying for that extension this season.

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 08:18 AM
Depends on the player. California and Warriors give Draymond a market place he wouldn't get in other franchise...Can you imagine him signing the same endorsements in SA or Utah? The same thing was with Blake Griffin and the Clips.

Good point to take into account

SA wouldn't be willing to give him more money than any other team...

Also, I wouldn't talk about loyalty when one of his teammates said his injury "was 100 times worse..." And other didn't include him on his list of top 5 players in this league.

I've said before that teams shouldn't wash dirty laundry in front sports' media or in social media.

And teammates shouldn't question the superstar of a team in public unless they want to run him off the city.

Anyway, it seems like we only talk about loyalty when the Spurs ask a player to take a paycut...

Why should players care about owners' money when they aren't willing to pay them properly?

Why should players support owners' being cheap?

IDK No one would say LeBron is a loyal guy but we would love to have him on the team

It’s not a pay cut. A pay cut is asking a player to take less than another team can offer. SA can and would easily match the MAX another team could pay and not even ask him to take a penny less.

Hell, they would probably pay him 20M more (200M) than any other team, just not 40M more. If the most anyone could pay for a house you loved and could afford was 180M, would you pay 220M for the home? Would offering 180M be asking the home owner to take less just because you had 220M in the bank if we know 100% for sure that no one else in the world could pay more than 180M?

dabom
06-14-2018, 10:01 AM
It’s not a pay cut. A pay cut is asking a player to take less than another team can offer. SA can and would easily match the MAX another team could pay and not even ask him to take a penny less.

Hell, they would probably pay him 20M more (200M) than any other team, just not 40M more. If the most anyone could pay for a house you loved and could afford was 180M, would you pay 220M for the home? Would offering 180M be asking the home owner to take less just because you had 220M in the bank if we know 100% for sure that no one else in the world could pay more than 180M?

But this house can leave. :lol

rasuo214
06-14-2018, 10:08 AM
RC handed out overpriced contracts last season but people on here really want them to nickle and dime their best player. How about not overpaying role players?

rasuo214
06-14-2018, 10:15 AM
If he was concerned about his injury to sit out a whole season and went his own way with different doctors so that he wouldn't hurt his long-term career and people look at it as "good for him" for taking care of his future; then the Spurs should also take a whole season to wait before investing $219 million on him to see if his health holds up and to see if he can still perform at an elite level.

Yet people look at it as a slap in the face of Kawhi or some sort of a disrespect if they don't offer the super max this off season. I don't get it.

He took a whole year off and got paid a lot of money to rehab or whatever. The Spurs didn't like it one bit and considered trading him, but held off and paid him his money. Yet he and his camp will request a trade if the Spurs don't offer him an extension this off-season? Doesn't seem fair. I say make him earn the $219 this season. If he is the elite level player we all know he is then he shouldn't have a problem qualifying for that extension this season.

Because it'll be a lot harder for the Spurs to find someone as good as Kawhi than it'll be for Kawhi to receive a max contract offer from another team. Sure it won't be the supermax but that's something he can make up in the right situation.

Just to put things into perspective. Pop will be gone soon, the biggest positive the Spurs have going for it. Add in conflict with the team's best player and ownership question marks. The future for the Spurs begins to look pretty bleak. All hope would come down to RC's drafting abilities.

The Spurs not wanting to pay him is a respectable position to take but if that is the case then they need to seriously consider trading him while they can get something of value.

BackHome
06-14-2018, 10:22 AM
RC handed out overpriced contracts last season but people on here really want them to nickle and dime their best player. How about not overpaying role players?

The fucker didn’t play a whole year after being cleared to play

RD2191
06-14-2018, 10:23 AM

Tbh. Spurm fans are a bunch of idiots.

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 10:32 AM
But this house can leave. :lol

Sure - but that has nothing to do with trying to frame SA as asking Kawhi to take a “discount” when they can pay him the same as any other team. Not paying someone 40M more than the best offer they can get somewhere else is not asking for a discount.

The seller of the home may take someone else’s 180M offer because they don’t like you but it has absoultely nothing to do with the money since it’s all equal.

MoSpur02
06-14-2018, 10:32 AM
Because it'll be a lot harder for the Spurs to find someone as good as Kawhi than it'll be for Kawhi to receive a max contract offer from another team. Sure it won't be the supermax but that's something he can make up in the right situation.

Just to put things into perspective. Pop will be gone soon, the biggest positive the Spurs have going for it. Add in conflict with the team's best player and ownership question marks. The future for the Spurs begins to look pretty bleak. All hope would come down to RC's drafting abilities.

The Spurs not wanting to pay him is a respectable position to take but if that is the case then they need to seriously consider trading him while they can get something of value.

I'm for offering him the $219. Why does it have to be this off-season though? I see nothing wrong with the Spurs telling him he needs to play out this next season and qualify for it. He took a whole season off to rehab and make sure his leg was right.

Why can't the Spurs take a whole season to make sure that leg is actually 100%? Seems fair to me.

What ownership question marks? The Holt's divorced and that's it. Juliana Holt isn't gonna sell the team. Their kids will take over and keep the team here in San Antonio

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 10:33 AM
Tbh. Spurm fans are a bunch of idiots.

No. Those contracts happened because Mills & Pau sacrificed for the team. If Kawhi did that, he would have his 219M.

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 10:37 AM
:lmao people framing giving Mills 12M a year to Kawhi 42M a year as nickle and dimes

BSfromTX
06-14-2018, 10:51 AM
Spurs have given "loyalty contracts" to players that came or stayed for lesser contracts than they could have gotten elsewhere. Obviously that is a hard pill for a lot of the middle schoolers and millennials in this forum to swallow, but that loyalty/generosity is rewarded by PATFO. This goes a long way when other players are considering playing here. Spurs could have easily low balled Patty after signing for less, but they didnt and made right on what I imagine they told him.

Should Kawhi try to get as much as he can? Yes
Should Spurs try to sign him for less than the super max? It would make good business sense
Should Kawhi be more loyal to the spurs than what he has shown? That may be debatable, but I don't think so. Its a business
Should the Spurs be more loyal and offer the supermax? Not after this year and the impact that salary would have on signing future players... not to mention basic fiscal prudence

Like DPG said, why would you offer more than anyone else can pay? Two reasons:

1. you might piss him off and give him reason enough to say "screw it, I will take less to play in LA or NY"

2. A token of appreciation for his years of play for the spurs (except 2017-18) and to show the rest of young players in the league that the spurs take care of their players

Does that mean you throw the supermax on the table no questions asked? Nope. Only PATFO knows what the appropriate course of action is at this point. I trust their judgement way more than Kawhi's "group"

Quit being a bunch of scared babies about losing Kawhi. I would hate to lose him, but I would also hate to have that huge contract on the books and have only 40-50 games a year from him also.

K...
06-14-2018, 11:01 AM
If kawhi takes less it'll be easier to trade him in 2020 when the spurs might blow it up. Unless he wants to go to the Lakers now or next off-season he should take the spurs contract with the understanding the spurs will honor a trade request if he wants to leave later.

manu2timdynasty
06-14-2018, 11:25 AM
Kawhi Leonard’s former agent sues agency for allegedly withholding commission

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nbcsports.com/2018/06/13/kawhi-leonards-former-agent-sues-agency-for-allegedly-withholding-commission/amp/

DMC
06-14-2018, 11:44 AM
Winning sells seats. Unless they plan on selling the team in the next year it would make sense to set the team up to be successful beyond next season.

Stars sell seats, always have. Stars are made by winning but also by stats. Otherwise people could just watch the G-League.

DMC
06-14-2018, 11:48 AM
I'm for offering him the $219. Why does it have to be this off-season though? I see nothing wrong with the Spurs telling him he needs to play out this next season and qualify for it. He took a whole season off to rehab and make sure his leg was right.

Why can't the Spurs take a whole season to make sure that leg is actually 100%? Seems fair to me.

What ownership question marks? The Holt's divorced and that's it. Juliana Holt isn't gonna sell the team. Their kids will take over and keep the team here in San Antonio

Because Kawhi is in the driver's seat. There are 29 other teams Kawhi could easily go to for big money. There aren't 29 other Kawhi Leonard level players out there. You have to secure players ASAP, especially great ones that rarely come along.

phxspurfan
06-14-2018, 12:09 PM
Are you telling me that injury provisions clauses don't exist in NBA contracts?

If you say that player's contracts can't include clauses to protect the teams from some injuries...I can't help.

Also, you should read about Embiid's extension.

just bc they use insurance to pay part or all of his salary doesn't mean it doesn't go against the cap. Unless he flat out retires.

phxspurfan
06-14-2018, 12:11 PM
No. Those contracts happened because Mills & Pau sacrificed for the team. If Kawhi did that, he would have his 219M.

I think this as well. If Kawhi had sacked up and played on the bum leg for a bit more last year or at least for the playoff push whilst still being swept by the Dubs (which he didn't want to bc it would tarnish his stats and image) he would likely have been offered the supermax already and been seen as the team's leader still. Not a guy who fled to NYC when the going got rough.

spurs1990
06-14-2018, 12:22 PM
Not sure if already posted but ESPN NBA front page is posting an article on how LA can get James, George, and Leonard next year.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23776431/how-lakers-land-lebron-james-paul-george-kawhi-leonard-nba-free-agency

It's not worth reading but check out the trade they believe the Spurs would bite on if Leonard demands a trade to LA -

Spurs are willing to do Ball, Deng and Kuzma for Leonard, pivoting to a younger roster built around the two second-year players plus point guard Dejounte Murray.

The Spurs would pick an option of letting Leonard walk than take that exact trade, I would almost absolutely believe.

cd98
06-14-2018, 12:27 PM
Not sure if already posted but ESPN NBA front page is posting an article on how LA can get James, George, and Leonard next year.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23776431/how-lakers-land-lebron-james-paul-george-kawhi-leonard-nba-free-agency

It's not worth reading but check out the trade they believe the Spurs would bite on if Leonard demands a trade to LA -

The Spurs would pick an option of letting Leonard walk than take that exact trade, I would almost absolutely believe.

Yes, you aren't getting Kawhi without multiple draft picks and there is no way that I can see the Spurs wanting Ball given the baggage of dealing with his dad. You thought Kawhi's uncle was crazy.

K...
06-14-2018, 12:30 PM

Maybe pop retires and daddy ball gets his team. Look out world, its the revolution!

MoSpur02
06-14-2018, 12:31 PM
:lol @thinking the Spurs would take back Deng, the circus that is Lonzo Ball, and Kuzma for a top 5 player. What a joke.

BSfromTX
06-14-2018, 12:32 PM
Is PG worth 30 M a year?

lmbebo
06-14-2018, 12:40 PM

Hilarious ... wasn't there some other website saying it would take a king's ransom to trade for Leonard? Deng (who is old and benched for past 2 years), overrated Kuzma and Ball (no thanks for that family mess).... plus with all the Ball-Kuzma crap going on now, bet Lakers would love to dump both..

duncan2k5
06-14-2018, 12:42 PM
:lol @thinking the Spurs would take back Deng, the circus that is Lonzo Ball, and Kuzma for a top 5 player. What a joke.

The media spin is in overdrive... Actually stating as fact that the Spurs would be interested in that deal... Smfh

lmbebo
06-14-2018, 12:51 PM
BSPN crap to get clicks/readers ...

Spurs9
06-14-2018, 01:09 PM

FkLA
06-14-2018, 01:12 PM

Expirings for what? For the hope that they can sign another star of Kawhi's magnitude (they wont) or worse overpay for a low tier star like DEN had to with Millsap?

coachmac87
06-14-2018, 01:16 PM
The media spin is in overdrive... Actually stating as fact that the Spurs would be interested in that deal... Smfh

The media is absolutely desperate to see Boston, Lakers and GSW all in the mix for a title

baseline bum
06-14-2018, 02:46 PM

Lolnzo and Deng :lmao

Maybe we can get them to throw Magic's AIDS in too

FkLA
06-14-2018, 02:48 PM

SpursDynasty85
06-14-2018, 03:11 PM
Is PG worth 30 M a year?

If Chris Paul is worth $30M+ then of course PG is. Would I want him on our team for $30M? Yes. He is just entering his prime years albeit this would have been a no brainer if he didn't have his horrific injury.

Chinook
06-14-2018, 03:13 PM

phxspurfan
06-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Expirings for what? For the hope that they can sign another star of Kawhi's magnitude (they wont) or worse overpay for a low tier star like DEN had to with Millsap?

To lower total salary expenditure during the next few years after those inflated contracts come off the books. So the Spurs remain at least around profitability in SA while people aren't buying as many tickets and the NBA is in the shitter due to the SuperDubs. Also to obtain some financial flexibility to go after big name FAs when the Dubs start to get old, break up, or other reason why the league will stand a chance besides 1 or 2 Super Teams.

SPURt
06-14-2018, 03:29 PM

10 out of 10! Best laugh I’ve had on this board in some time!

acoelho1
06-14-2018, 03:42 PM
The only way Kawhi doesn't get the supermax is if he agrees to a paycut. He's one of the best players in the league and if the issues this year didn't occur, no one would be debating it. As long as he want's to stay and they iron out their issues, it's a no-brainer.

baseline bum
06-14-2018, 03:45 PM
The only way Kawhi doesn't get the supermax is if he agrees to a paycut. He's one of the best players in the league and if the issues this year didn't occur, no one would be debating it. As long as he want's to stay and they iron out their issues, it's a no-brainer.

But they did occur and the Spurs do have to be debating it. If Kawhi wants to use his own doctors maybe they'll blow another year of his career like they did with their failed rehab this year.

Mugen
06-14-2018, 03:51 PM

crofl

MoSpur02
06-14-2018, 03:55 PM
But they did occur and the Spurs do have to be debating it. If Kawhi wants to use his own doctors maybe they'll blow another year of his career like they did with their failed rehab this year.

Exactly. He took a whole season off to rehab. The Spurs felt he was healthy enough to play, but he disagreed and decided against playing yet still got paid.

The Spurs had to deal with it. If he gets butt hurt because the Spurs don't initially offer him the supermax this off season and asks for a trade that doesn't seem right.

If he believes he's as good as he is, he should easily qualify for that supermax after this next season.

exstatic
06-14-2018, 04:06 PM
Exactly. He took a whole season off to rehab. The Spurs felt he was healthy enough to play, but he disagreed and decided against playing yet still got paid.

The Spurs had to deal with it. If he gets butt hurt because the Spurs don't initially offer him the supermax this off season and asks for a trade that doesn't seem right.

If he believes he's as good as he is, he should easily qualify for that supermax after this next season.

You're assuming Kawhi is the one making the decision. Uncle Dennis and the Lincoln Agent may have other ideas.

cd98
06-14-2018, 04:06 PM

If we made that trade, we would get AIDS bc it means that Magic f$?*ed the Spurs.

cd98
06-14-2018, 04:11 PM

Since he won't clear the air, I guess my suspicion is that Kawhi probably had some discomfort even while he was cleared by the Spurs doctors, but he held out because he didn't want anything to interfere with him getting a contract extension. He know this year he would either get the Supermax or get traded. If he kept playing and got injured or if his injury continued, it would hurt his ability to get the entire super max. Why not just sit out the year and ensure that you can claim you are healthy by the end of the year? Kawhi and crew are now feeding info that he's close to 100% just in time for contract negotiations. I'm not saying he wasn't feeling pain, I'm just saying if Kobe had the same injury, he would've played.

RD2191
06-14-2018, 04:16 PM
Since he won't clear the air, I guess my suspicion is that Kawhi probably had some discomfort even while he was cleared by the Spurs doctors, but he held out because he didn't want anything to interfere with him getting a contract extension. He know this year he would either get the Supermax or get traded. If he kept playing and got injured or if his injury continued, it would hurt his ability to get the entire super max. Why not just sit out the year and ensure that you can claim you are healthy by the end of the year? Kawhi and crew are now feeding info that he's close to 100% just in time for contract negotiations. I'm not saying he wasn't feeling pain, I'm just saying if Kobe had the same injury, he would've played.

Kobe is a rapist.

bklynspursfan
06-14-2018, 05:05 PM

Spurs1990 didn't include the full quote, it actually said:

Let's say the Spurs are willing to do Ball, Deng and Kuzma for Leonard.

Definitely more of a hypothetical vs fact, but either way, it's obvious they want LA to be great again lol

MoSpur02
06-14-2018, 06:08 PM

lmbebo
06-14-2018, 06:13 PM

hrmm, edit comment?

FkLA
06-14-2018, 06:59 PM
If we made that trade, we would get AIDS bc it means that Magic f$?*ed the Spurs.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1zSz5MVw4zKg0/giphy.gif

absoloot66
06-14-2018, 07:27 PM

cutewizard
06-14-2018, 07:39 PM
Well, if the Spurs don't want or can't afford to pay huge salaries on these superteams-days, we'll see many first-round exits.

If they expect to build through the draft, it will take many dark years of negative records.

If they expect to build via-trades instead of giving their own players huge deals, it will sound bad in FA. Most elite players would know that the Spurs are only about cheap contracts

I've said before GMs should learn from Presti-Harden mistake.

A team can't lose a top player just for money reasons.

Agree

rasuo214
06-15-2018, 01:49 AM
The ESPN article had to be written by a laker fan. Hey lets trade 3 players (1 with a contract so bad they couldn't give him away) that the Lakers wouldn't mind getting rid of for a top 5 player!

BillMc
06-15-2018, 02:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RetKIsJXJl0

TheDoctor
06-15-2018, 10:15 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/1zSz5MVw4zKg0/giphy.gif
:tu

MoSpur02
06-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Jalen saying he "hopes" Kawhi re-signs with the Spurs. :lol

Ice009
06-15-2018, 12:02 PM
Jalen saying he "hopes" Kawhi re-signs with the Spurs. :lol

What's funny about that?

TheGreatYacht
03-25-2021, 12:43 AM
Land whales still booing the 3rd best player in franchise history 3 years later :lol they should boo Poop instead, after they introduce him following the starting lineups. PATFO disrespected this guy way too much expecting him to take it like the Big 3. Hesitating on offering a max contract, calling him a pussy, handing out loyalty contracts to scrubs while Kawhi is in his prime, etc

longhorn
03-25-2021, 12:54 AM
Land whales still booing the 3rd best player in franchise history 3 years later :lol they should boo Poop instead, after they introduce him following the starting lineups. PATFO disrespected this guy way too much expecting him to take it like the Big 3. Hesitating on offering a max contract, calling him a pussy, handing out loyalty contracts to scrubs while Kawhi is in his prime, etc

Great, fresh new take. Definitely worth digging up a thread that hadn't been posted in for almost 3 years. Well done.

EricB
03-25-2021, 01:01 AM

you couldn’t be more wrong. if you allowed your damn cat to type this brain dead post instead, he wouldn’t be as wrong as you.

TheGreatYacht
03-25-2021, 01:08 AM
Great, fresh new take. Definitely worth digging up a thread that hadn't been posted in for almost 3 years. Well done.
Cry about it. Just like the land whales do every time Kawhi comes down here and embarrasses crater face.

you couldn’t be more wrong. if you allowed your damn cat to type this brain dead post instead, he wouldn’t be as wrong as you.
I speak facts, faggot. Didn't post a single lie, just like you've never had a single good post.

EricB
03-25-2021, 01:10 AM
Cry about it. Just like the land whales do every time Kawhi comes down here and embarrasses crater face.

I speak facts, faggot. Didn't post a single lie, just like you've never had a single good post.

homophobic comments. Really mature.

longhorn
03-25-2021, 01:17 AM

Imagine getting this upset about some fans booing, then telling someone who points out how pointless you posting in a 3 year old thread is to "cry about it." You're the one who seems highly emotional about some fans booing a former player who had a less-than-graceful exit.

Fans booing 3 years later is no dumber or more butthurt than you deciding to post this shit in a 3 year old thread.

Also, imagine using "faggot" as an insult to someone who disagrees with you online in 2021. :rollin

TheGreatYacht
03-25-2021, 01:20 AM
You can tell when someone is a Reddit poster :lol

Obi Juan Kenobi
03-25-2021, 01:35 AM
I was at the Toronto game in January 2019 when Nephew made his "triumphant" return and that was by far my best experience and the most fun I've had at the AT&T Center!!!

It was electric in the stands I'll never forget booing my heart out all night it was so much fun!!!

Thomas82
03-25-2021, 01:44 AM
I was at the Toronto game in January 2019 when Nephew made his "triumphant" return and that was by far my best experience and the most fun I've had at the AT&T Center!!!

It was electric in the stands I'll never forget booing my heart out all night it was so much fun!!!

Didn't DeMar post a triple-double in that game?

RD2191
03-25-2021, 09:14 AM
:rollin

RD2191
03-25-2021, 09:15 AM
You can tell when someone is a Reddit poster :lol