PDA

View Full Version : U.S posts biggest monthly deficit in May since 2009

Trill Clinton
06-13-2018, 02:08 PM
The U.S. posted a $146.8 billion budget deficit in May, the largest for the month since 2009, as revenue declined.

The budget gap rose 66 percent last month from a year earlier, the Treasury Department reported on Tuesday. Spending rose by 10.7 percent to $363.9 billion, compared with a 9.7 percent fall in receipts to $217.1 billion.

The government is facing increasing borrowing in the coming years partly due to tax cuts enacted this year and the strain on social and health spending from an aging population. For the first eight months of the fiscal year, the fiscal gap widened to $532.2 billion, up 23 percent from last year’s $432.9 billion deficit.

U.S. Posts Biggest Monthly Budget Deficit in May Since 2009

Turns out a giant tax cut for corporations is bad for the budget deficit.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-12/u-s-posts-biggest-monthly-budget-deficit-in-may-since-2009?utm_source=google&utm_medium=bd&cmpId=google

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2018, 02:11 PM
Boutons says debt doesnt matter because we can alwaus print money to pay for it.

Chucho
06-13-2018, 02:16 PM
Boutons says debt doesnt matter because we can alwaus print money to pay for it.

I know this is the punchline to your statement, but it can't be said enough, "Boutons is a fucking retarded mongoloid completely disconnected from reality...and he probably tortures small woodland creatures."

Pavlov
06-13-2018, 02:19 PM
Boutons says debt doesnt matter because we can alwaus print money to pay for it.What do you say about it?

Mikeanaro
06-13-2018, 02:20 PM
I know this is the punchline to your statement, but it can't be said enough, "Boutons is a fucking retarded mongoloid completely disconnected from reality...and he probably tortures small woodland creatures."
He tortures them physically? or makes them read all that copy paste crap!?

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2018, 02:22 PM
What do you say about it?

I think congress will never have the balls to tell us we need to live within our means. A little deficit spending is ok. The levels we are approaching is insane.

Pavlov
06-13-2018, 02:24 PM
I think congress will never have the balls to tell us we need to live within our means.But is the reported deficit news good news after the tax cut you wanted?

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2018, 02:32 PM
But is the reported deficit news good news after the tax cut you wanted?
At this point I dont think it matters. Might as well party like theres no tomorrow.

Pavlov
06-13-2018, 02:35 PM
At this point I dont think it matters. Might as well party like theres no tomorrow.In your own disingenuous way you agree with boutons.

spurraider21
06-13-2018, 02:36 PM
At this point I dont think it matters. Might as well party like theres no tomorrow.
and what point was that? when the democrat left office? :lol

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2018, 02:41 PM
and what point was that? when the democrat left office? :lol

You think either party represents fiscal responsibility? Thats hilarious.

Pavlov
06-13-2018, 02:42 PM
You think either party represents fiscal responsibility? Thats hilarious.You don't care about it. Why should they?

spurraider21
06-13-2018, 02:42 PM
You think either party represents fiscal responsibility? Thats hilarious.
just trying to figure out when you stopped caring

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2018, 02:43 PM
In your own disingenuous way you agree with boutons.

Oh, at some point people will decide they dont like US debt and the cost of borrowing will destroy the economy. Just a matter of time.

ducks
06-13-2018, 02:43 PM
I think they should pass a law that if they go over their means people have to vote to allow them to do so

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2018, 02:44 PM
You guys are funny. Like I could change it lol.

baseline bum
06-13-2018, 02:44 PM
I think they should pass a law that if they go over their means people have to vote to allow them to do so

No you don't, Trump's tax bill would have never passed.

Pavlov
06-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Oh, at some point people will decide they dont like US debt and the cost of borrowing will destroy the economy. Just a matter of time.Not anytime soon if people like you don't give a shit.

ducks
06-13-2018, 02:46 PM
No you don't, Trump's tax bill would have never passed.

yes I do I have said that for years

ducks
06-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Not anytime soon if people like you don't give a shit.

did you for the last 10?

Pavlov
06-13-2018, 02:49 PM
yes I do I have said that for yearsYet you were for exploding the deficits with the tax cut.

did you for the last 10?Years? Yes. Economically it's been a good run. This is the time to be running surpluses tbh.

spurraider21
06-13-2018, 02:54 PM
You guys are funny. Like I could change it lol.
none of us can change anything. therefore we should all stop posting our thoughts and opinions in the political forum

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2018, 02:54 PM
You don't care about it. Why should they?
I care about a lot of things that I can personally change. I care about my business and making money. I care about paying my bills. I care about my wife and kids and grandkids. I care about spending quality time with them and hopefully leave them a few million when I die. I care about the things I can change.

Pavlov
06-13-2018, 02:56 PM
I care about a lot of things that I can personally change. I care about my business and making money. I care about paying my bills. I care about my kids and grandkids. I care about spending quality time with them and hopefully leave them a few million when I die. I care about the things I can change.

none of us can change anything. therefore we should all stop posting our thoughts and opinions in the political forum:lol

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2018, 03:01 PM
none of us can change anything. therefore we should all stop posting our thoughts and opinions in the political forum

Especially yours.

spurraider21
06-13-2018, 03:04 PM
Especially yours.
i would hide behind snark, too

boutons_deux
06-13-2018, 03:42 PM

Dick Cheney said "deficits don't matter" when they are Repug deficits.

The deficits and national debt were whined and screamed CONTINUOSLY about while Obama was Pres (simpson-bowles commission, Pete Peterson)

but now? total silence from Repugs and conservatives

.. who LIE that the deficit is caused by the social safety net (poor people) which must cut so poor people get screwed

Worrying About the Deficit is So 17th Century

https://www.ineteconomics.org/perspectives/blog/worrying-about-the-deficit-is-so-17th-century (https://www.ineteconomics.org/perspectives/blog/worrying-about-the-deficit-is-so-17th-century)