PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Will Go After Tony Parker

Ditty
06-13-2018, 11:26 PM
cyberx said: ↑ (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?goto/post&id=11824402#post-11824402)

I want to make one thing clear. LA thinks they are getting both PG and Bron. Many around the league believe the same. Most everyone I have spoken to think LA is getting both. Do they know that for a fact? No. All the signs are pointing at it. Scottie Pippin on the jump today, go watch that and tell me what you think. His kids from what I'm heading have given VERBAL commitments to go play HS in LA. Is it done? No. Nothing is signed. His family is important to him now. He wants to be around his kids. PG and Kuzma were just recently on the same Fortnite team at E3 in LA. They got along great from what I hear and bonded. Is this for certain that they will get both? No. Nothing is done. We can speculate all we want. I'm telling you what I am hearing. If talks with Sas and Kawhi go south, expect the Lakers to try to package some young talent for him. Will it happen? No one knows! Is this Las dream scenario? Yes. To build a big three. I heard today the Lakers will even throw Lonzo and other pieces to try to get Lillard. They are star hunting. What I've learned all my years.. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Listen to Cat, he makes a lot of sense. He thinks very logically.

Oh, also, small tidbit, nothing big. Lakers, if they keep Zo will try for Tony Parker as a bsckup/mentor role

Ditty
06-13-2018, 11:28 PM
Cyberex posts on Clutchfans. He/she works for some agency that deals with NBA agents, so Cyberex hears a lot of rumblings around the league. Cyberex has been right on a lot of stuff over the years including Aldridge going to the Spurs back in 2015 weeks before free agency even began.

YGWHI
06-13-2018, 11:33 PM
Nah...Parker will retire as Spur.

Also, it would be a desperate move if Spurs trade Kawhi to Lakers.

objective
06-13-2018, 11:58 PM
I don't imagine Kawhi would ever want to play with Parker again.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-14-2018, 06:53 AM

TheDoctor
06-14-2018, 07:08 AM
Cyberex posts on Clutchfans. He/she works for some agency that deals with NBA agents, so Cyberex hears a lot of rumblings around the league. Cyberex has been right on a lot of stuff over the years including Aldridge going to the Spurs back in 2015 weeks before free agency even began.
Cyberex has been so wrong the past 2 years that isn’t even funny tbh. It’s like Apa & dabom combined type of bad.

Seventyniner
06-14-2018, 08:00 AM

Why not? Danny Green said that things were taken out of context.

MoSpur02
06-14-2018, 08:08 AM
I say Parker will sign with another team. He is no longer needed here. Unless the Spurs trade one of White or Murray

james evans
06-14-2018, 08:16 AM
Lakers are smart. They are doing what Philly did. They know that Parker and Leonard obviously don't get along now and they know the spurs are dumb enough to lock Parker in to one of those "legacy" contracts which all but insures Leonard is gone. The game is chess. You put your piece out hoping your opponent will react the way you want them to, then you attack. And I believe we are that stupid to fall for it. Nobody wants Parker. foh

SuperCam
06-14-2018, 08:40 AM
at this rate MVParker will retire with 6 or 7 rings :wow

superbigtime
06-14-2018, 08:42 AM
Parker should save face and retire if Spurs don't keep him. Don't go out grasping.

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 08:45 AM
Lakers are smart. They are doing what Philly did. They know that Parker and Leonard obviously don't get along now and they know the spurs are dumb enough to lock Parker in to one of those "legacy" contracts which all but insures Leonard is gone. The game is chess. You put your piece out hoping your opponent will react the way you want them to, then you attack. And I believe we are that stupid to fall for it. Nobody wants Parker. foh

If you think the nba is chess then this move from LA is not even that little kids fishing game where you use the magnets to catch the fish as they open their mouth :lol

K...
06-14-2018, 09:17 AM
Parker would just be a name. There's value in having stars and the Lakers are grasping at straws in a bad market (despite having good cap there just isn't enough talent this summer. They won't get kl under any scenario other than kawhi playing the current contract out.

cd98
06-14-2018, 09:18 AM
Man did he have me going until he mentioned that the Lakers wanted to go after Tony Parker.

MaNu4Tres
06-14-2018, 09:24 AM
Tony as a mentor lol.

offset formation
06-14-2018, 09:39 AM
Nah...Parker will retire as Spur.

Also, it would be a desperate move if Spurs trade Kawhi to Lakers.

Mugen
06-14-2018, 09:43 AM
http://thestarryeye.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341cdd0d53ef010536c844f7970b-320wi

Mugen
06-14-2018, 09:52 AM
TP isn't even a serviceable backup PG at this point in his career. He'd only take away minutes from White. Why keep him around besides Pop's unwavering loyalty?

Because of his locker room presence? This dummy's comments shitting on Kawhi made the crappy situation even worse tbh.

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 09:56 AM
TP isn't even a serviceable backup PG at this point in his career. He'd only take away minutes from White. Why keep him around besides Pop's unwavering loyalty?

Because of his locker room presence? This dummy's comments shitting on Kawhi made the crappy situation even worse tbh.

Then Manu has to go to right? Because his comments were not a result of a direct question and were not truth.

Mugen
06-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Then Manu has to go to right? Because his comments were not a result of a direct question and were not truth.

Manu might very well retire anyways. And which comments are you referring to specifically? His tweet?

Tony saying his injury was a 1000x worse was probably the worst, non-leadership quote you could have said at the time.

Absolutely terrible last year and then is first in line to shit on the franchise player. Plus, he's probably going to ask for 4-5mil minimum. No thanks, come back in a couple years when there's a remember the Big 3 night at the AT&T center tbh.

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Manu might very well retire anyways. And which comments are you referring to specifically? His tweet?

Tony saying his injury was a 1000x worse was probably the worst, non-leadership quote you could have said at the time.

Absolutely terrible last year and then is first in line to shit on the franchise player. Plus, he's probably going to ask for 4-5mil minimum. No thanks, come back in a couple years when there's a remember the Big 3 night at the AT&T center tbh.

He was asked a direct question about his injury. It separated from the bone and it was 1000x worse than Kawhis. It’s a fact and a direct answer to a direct question.

Manu’s random tweet purposely leaving Kawhi out of the top 5? Far worse. It was deliberate and no one asked him - went out of his way to take a shot.

daslicer
06-14-2018, 10:32 AM
In a perfect world the Lakers would offer Parker a contract and the Spurs would let him walk.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-14-2018, 10:39 AM
Tony will get a vet min offer from the Spurs similar to Manu’s last deal. It will be up to him to decide if he wants to take it.

djohn2oo8
06-14-2018, 10:42 AM
Cyberx is legit.

look_at_g_shred
06-14-2018, 10:43 AM
He was asked a direct question about his injury. It separated from the bone and it was 1000x worse than Kawhis. It’s a fact and a direct answer to a direct question.

Manu’s random tweet purposely leaving Kawhi out of the top 5? Far worse. It was deliberate and no one asked him - went out of his way to take a shot.
I never saw this. Where is this said tweet?

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 10:45 AM
I never saw this. Where is this said tweet?

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2018, 10:50 AM
^^:lol that's nowhere near as bad as what Parker said, my guy..he may have just excluded Kawhi because he hadn't played all season, could be as simple as that .

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 10:51 AM
^^:lol that's nowhere near as bad as what Parker said, my guy..he may have just excluded Kawhi because he hadn't played all season, could be as simple as that .

:lol He plays with Kawhi and didn’t think to include him? Tony Parker was asked a direct question and answered calmly and directly with no sense of malice. Do you not agree that TP’s injury was way worse medically?

Mugen
06-14-2018, 10:52 AM

TP's was a direct shot across the bow, he even brings up Spurs doctors as another shot at Leonard. Manu's tweet was swept under the radar since he's pretty much beloved by teammates.

Hell, I'd even forgive TP's quotes knowing what we know now, but he's beyond washed up and I don't want him taking up a roster spot especially considering what RC/Pop might give him in his next contract. No thanks.

K...
06-14-2018, 10:54 AM
Whether the spurs offer to give him the vet min exists probably depends more on the free agency decisions and Menards status. Giving him the vet min might also be an insult from his view. Taking a contract for a contender would be a way to save face (as would playing in Europe or coaching). As I said Parker as a name is worth the vet min for a lot of teams.

Parker has said a lot about wanting to come back But the spurs have been quite. That doesnt mean he is not valued just that its not a priority yet. You'd assume they'd favor white But They already wasted one year of his.

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 10:55 AM
TP's was a direct shot across the bow, he even brings up Spurs doctors as another shot at Leonard. Manu's tweet was swept under the radar since he's pretty much beloved by teammates.

Hell, I'd even forgive TP's quotes knowing what we know now, but he's beyond washed up and I don't want him taking up a roster spot especially considering what RC/Pop might give him in his next contract. No thanks.

That’s fine. If you want TP gone due to play then it’s fine. But don’t bring up the “comment” and not get on Manu for his. TP was asked a direct question. If Kawhi had issues with that then he should be there instead of his teammates answering the questions.

Mugen
06-14-2018, 10:58 AM
I can see if you had issue with Manu's tweet, but it was nowhere near as bad as TP's comments. Agree to disagree, my nig.

And yes, I don't want him back and 90% of that is for basketball/roster reasons.

look_at_g_shred
06-14-2018, 10:59 AM
:lol He plays with Kawhi and didn’t think to include him? Tony Parker was asked a direct question and answered calmly and directly with no sense of malice. Do you not agree that TP’s injury was way worse medically?
yeah the just wondering part of the tweet is shade for sure

superbigtime
06-14-2018, 10:59 AM
I don't think comments by either Parker or Manu should be taken as inflammatory. Parker gave a little dig maybe, but you know what he was right. Manu is honest to a fault sometimes. No need to get your vagina all bruised up.

BatManu20
06-14-2018, 11:25 AM
Idk who Cyberx is or if they’re legit or not, but LeBron is almost certainly going to LA regardless. I live out here and it’s all I’ve been hearing about the past week (obviously these people could all be full of shit, but where there’s smoke...). That it’s already a done deal, PG’s coming too, that there’s a good chance Lonzo is traded for another PG or as part of a salary-dump package with Luol Deng to clear cap for these guys, etc. Sounds like it’s happening, tbh. Which fucking sucks bc I cannot stand the Lakers or the their insufferable fanbase.

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2018, 11:26 AM

Regardless, if Ginobili's tweet was a shot, it was subliminal, we're left questioning whether it was an insult or not..even if he didn't actually forget Kawhi or exclude him due to injury, maybe he just doesn't think Kawhi is as good as those guys, which is fine IMO, not necessarily insulting..Parker has repeatedly said that Kobe was better than Duncan, it's just an opinion, not really a shot..

In TP's case, it was a direct shot, nothing ambiguous about it, he questioned Kawhi's manhood and essentially called him pussy:lol

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 11:28 AM
Not at all :lol. I view it the exact opposite although I don’t care about either comment

lefty
06-14-2018, 11:42 AM
Lakers aren't that retarded

Mugen
06-14-2018, 11:46 AM
Idk who Cyberx is or if they’re legit or not, but LeBron is almost certainly going to LA regardless. I live out here and it’s all I’ve been hearing about the past week (obviously these people could all be full of shit, but where there’s smoke...). That it’s already a done deal, PG’s coming too, that there’s a good chance Lonzo is traded for another PG or as part of a salary-dump package with Luol Deng to clear cap for these guys, etc. Sounds like it’s happening, tbh. Which fucking sucks bc I cannot stand the Lakers or the their insufferable fanbase.

I'm in LA too brotha and I wouldn't put much stock into what Laker fans, LA media/radio shows, etc. have to say. Jacob Emrani ain't breaking any LeBron news :lol

K...
06-14-2018, 12:33 PM
LeBron to the Lakers would be a non move. The Lakers can already beat us, we can beat lebron. Lebron changes team's style and while the talent will increase the spurs are probably ok due to better discipline

JPB
06-14-2018, 12:33 PM
Did I just see someone putting "legit" and Internet" in the same sentence ?

"Where's there's smoke ,there's fire"... Then the whole Internet should be one big fireball.

phxspurfan
06-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Kinda makes sense, with how well Parker has played against the Lakers in his prime

FkLA
06-14-2018, 01:16 PM
Sign and trade for a bag of peanuts.

Do it, RC.

DAF86
06-14-2018, 03:55 PM

Manu can save face by saying he was talking about guys that played this season, tbh.

DPG21920
06-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Manu can save face by saying he was talking about guys that played this season, tbh.

He didn’t even care to do that after being called out by fans in the tweet :lol

I dont think what Manu did was bad. I don’t think what TP did was bad. I’m just saying don’t knock one and not the other if you do believe its bad.

But Danny Green already said Kawhi doesn’t care about that stuff.

TD 21
06-14-2018, 04:30 PM

I dont think what Manu did was bad. I don’t think what TP did was bad. I’m just saying don’t knock one and not the other if you do believe its bad.

You should know better than to expect relatively unbiased, rationale takes when the topic is Ginobili vs Parker. We both know that if the two comments were reversed, they'd still be making excuses for the former and taking shots at the latter.

Mugen
06-14-2018, 04:31 PM
^probably because Tony fucked a teammate's wife tbh

ducks
06-14-2018, 04:50 PM
prove it
I bet it never happened
spurs would have traded him just like rodman and sj when they started probems

Proxy
06-14-2018, 04:57 PM
I mean, all the guys Manu listed have MVPs too

Seventyniner
06-14-2018, 05:17 PM
You should know better than to expect relatively unbiased, rationale takes when the topic is Ginobili vs Parker. We both know that if the two comments were reversed, they'd still be making excuses for the former and taking shots at the latter.

TheGreatYacht
06-14-2018, 05:24 PM
So many bird beaked argies in here :lol

DPG laying truth bombs

TheGreatYacht
06-14-2018, 05:25 PM
at this rate MVParker will retire with 6 or 7 rings :wow
:wow

DAF86
06-14-2018, 05:32 PM

It doesn't matter if Manu didn't care to do it then, he can do it anytime he wants. He has an escape (if he wants it). Tony doesn't. Tony's comment was much more clear and direct. That's what we are all trying to say you.

I also don't give a fuck about either comment. And I do think Manu might have been taking a jab at Kawhi.

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2018, 05:50 PM

:lol omg..

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2018, 05:51 PM
It doesn't matter if Manu didn't care to do it then, he can do it anytime he wants. He has an escape (if he wants it). Tony doesn't. Tony's comment was much more clear and direct. That's what we are all trying to say you.

I also don't give a fuck about either comment. And I do think Manu might have been taking a jab at Kawhi.

Regardless, Manu didn't question Kawhi's manhood and imply that he was a coward like Parker clearly did:lol also, at least Manu elevated his game after all the Kawhi talk, while Parker played the worst basketball of his career after potentially killing the relationship between the Spurs and their franchise player..

spursistan
06-14-2018, 05:56 PM
Regardless, Manu didn't question Kawhi's manhood and imply that he was a coward like Parker clearly did:lol also, at least Manu elevated his game after all the Kawhi talk, while Parker played the worst basketball of his career after potentially killing the relationship between the Spurs and their franchise player..
And deep down, we all know Parker was actually right :lol..

gambit1990
06-14-2018, 06:19 PM

:tu

TheGreatYacht
06-14-2018, 08:28 PM
A team with playoff aspirations going after TP....

Philly went after Manu when they wanted to purposely lose games :lol

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2018, 02:14 PM
Kawhi and TP ringing in showtime fashion :wow

ducks
06-15-2018, 02:15 PM
A team with playoff aspirations going after TP....

Philly went after Manu when they wanted to purposely lose games :lol

SuperCam
06-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Kawhi and TP ringing in showtime fashion :wow

No more Spur finals MVP left on the roster, just american scrubs and eurotrash :depressed

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2018, 02:18 PM
No more Spur finals MVP left on the roster, just american scrubs and eurotrash :depressed
TRUTH BOMB :wow

TimDunkem
06-15-2018, 02:19 PM

Pretty much.

Spurs9
06-15-2018, 05:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gif

Chillen
06-15-2018, 05:50 PM
TBH it would not bother me if Tony joined a loaded Lakers team with LeBron, Kawhi, Paul George. I doubt Pop trades Leonard to Lakers.