PDA

View Full Version : Young: sources tell @ExpressNews that Kawhi Leonard wants to be traded from Spurs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

DPG21920
06-26-2018, 09:57 PM
But yeah, LA will likely be mediocre and he will be done getting to the finals if he goes and they whiff on getting two other legit stars.

LA has done nothing to deserve stars going there other than finally making sure they aren’t in cap hell :lol Literally nothing else than having money. They have sucked for a long time, drafted medicore for their high picks and have in-house fighting with their ownership group and got fined for tampering twice.

baseline bum
06-26-2018, 10:07 PM
It really seems like he's going there, but I still don't understand why:lol

I keep hearing lifestyle, but it's fucking LeBron, he's one of the 3 biggest stars in NBA history..

You'd take Kevin Love as your best teammate over Paul George? I don't think much of the Lakers young guys but they're better than George Hill, JR Smith, Clarkson, etc. Though for the life of me I don't get why he'd consider anyone but Philly. Stacked young roster that already won 52 games, big market, and he gets to stay in the East.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-26-2018, 10:10 PM
mavs should trade wesley matthews for deandre. it works straight up.

luka could get him easy buckets.

Amazing sig :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
06-26-2018, 10:11 PM
For people that read tea leaves:

Good to hear :tu

DPG21920
06-26-2018, 10:11 PM
You'd take Kevin Love as your best teammate over Paul George? I don't think much of the Lakers young guys but they're better than George Hill, JR Smith, Clarkson, etc. Though for the life of me I don't get why he'd consider anyone but Philly. Stacked young roster that already won 52 games, big market, and he gets to stay in the East.

I think Kevin Love is probably overall just as good as PG, yeah. But yeah, LA’s young core is more talented than CLE for sure. But the West is tough as hell, PG would have to play like a true star and they would have to develop to make a deep run (which is possible). But getting a third star would be huge.

HarlemHeat37
06-26-2018, 10:15 PM

He'd have a much better roster, but still not good enough to beat GS..more importantly, the narrative would change..other than die-hard haters, everybody knows his team sucks right now..

LeBron cares about what others think, can you imagine what it will be like when he loses with expectations in Kobe's home?:lol

If he wins in LA, then sure, it would be a huge legacy boost, as just playing for the Lakers gives you even more credit than ever deserved..Kobe's legacy wouldn't be anywhere near what it is if he played for Charlotte:lol

Mr. Body
06-26-2018, 10:23 PM
Ok I've seemed to touch a soft spot and didn't mean to. But nobodies going to get much on the job training in less than a year. These are kids playing the hands that are delt. Cal isn't making them much better I'd agree. But I'm not going to label athlete based on their school. Booker is better than most players drafted ahead of #13 the last few years. Even if flawed.

I've said it before. It's not a big deal. I just find Kentucky players never acquire the skills to really know how to win in the NBA. I think Cal pulls so many five stars that they win easily in the NCAA but kind of randomly, and then he spits them into the league after a year and they just kind of do pretty good. They're talented but I wouldn't want them on my team generally. It's what you see from other players who do extremely well in college, like Melo, but never learn how to play with other people. I haven't seen a Coach Cal player who has really impressed me beyond their natural talents. Davis comes the closest.

MoSpur02
06-26-2018, 10:26 PM
You want Orlando's core? Why?

I think Gordon is a solid pickup if you have to move Kawhi. He's only 22. He has improved in scoring, rebounding, 3pt shooting, steals, and blocks just about every season. Plus I think he will continue to improve. He doesn't get much hype because he plays in Orlando. Fournier in my opinion is better than Mills and a solid 3pt shooter. I don't like his contract that much, but it's not that bad considering the player he is. He is younger than Mills and has improved as far as scoring just about every year.

Plus after what Kawhi has pulled he deserves to go to Orlando for a year.

DPG21920
06-26-2018, 10:29 PM
I will divorce my wife and go into a downward spiral if SA trades Kawhi to ORL for Gordon

daslicer
06-26-2018, 10:31 PM
I think Gordon is a solid pickup if you have to move Kawhi. He's only 22. He has improved in scoring, rebounding, 3pt shooting, steals, and blocks just about every season. Plus I think he will continue to improve. He doesn't get much hype because he plays in Orlando. Fournier in my opinion is better than Mills and a solid 3pt shooter. I don't like his contract that much, but it's not that bad considering the player he is. He is younger than Mills and has improved as far as scoring just about every year.

I think Kawhi would enjoy Disney World.

Wu36
06-26-2018, 10:42 PM
I've said it before. It's not a big deal. I just find Kentucky players never acquire the skills to really know how to win in the NBA. I think Cal pulls so many five stars that they win easily in the NCAA but kind of randomly, and then he spits them into the league after a year and they just kind of do pretty good. They're talented but I wouldn't want them on my team generally. It's what you see from other players who do extremely well in college, like Melo, but never learn how to play with other people. I haven't seen a Coach Cal player who has really impressed me beyond their natural talents. Davis comes the closest.
Cool... we're both spurs fans id hope. Looking around I don't see many Kentucky players on the roster. So I think your good. And this is probably the wrong thread to even discuss this shit in. I'm tied of talking about kawhi to people at work/ internet/ espn. It's like the election all over again. I just saw your Kentucky post and I thought it's not thats schools problem if players 3 years removed don't develop. It's the NBA team that drafted them.

coachmac87
06-26-2018, 10:46 PM
Am I the only one that believes LBJ to the Lakers isn't happening?

Why do you think that’s the case?

ducks
06-26-2018, 10:49 PM
I will divorce my wife and go into a downward spiral if SA trades Kawhi to ORL for Gordon

Lol you will just blowing smoke

DPG21920
06-26-2018, 10:50 PM
Lol you will just blowing smoke

DPG not from California DUCKS, DPG follow up on message board promises

ducks
06-26-2018, 10:50 PM
If Paul George does not go to lakers why would James
Unless he just wants to watch his son play ball but half the time he will be playing in la or on the road the same time

DPG21920
06-26-2018, 10:51 PM
If Paul George does not go to lakers why would James
Unless he just wants to watch his son play ball but half the time he will be playing in la or on the road the same time

Maybe LA makes a deal with SA and then Lebron goes?

Spurs9
06-26-2018, 10:51 PM
I was reading that Boogie is intrested in LA too. So if LA gets PG/Lebron/Boogie, that pretty much instantly elevates Kawhis trade value since they can't sign him next season there. And if Lebron/PG don't go there, trade value for Kawhi from the Lakers goes up, and the Spurs would probably be more willing to trade him there.

ducks
06-26-2018, 10:52 PM
DPG not from California DUCKS, DPG follow up on message board promises

Ok I hope they do not either

ducks
06-26-2018, 10:53 PM
Lakers have no trade assets close to Leonard

cd021
06-26-2018, 11:09 PM
Pretty sure PG is going to LA from Magic's comments. Lebron and Kawhi I think are somewhat tied. They're not set on playing together but would work towards it if it makes sense. Spurs holding out was the right thing to do. Hopefully Kawhi and his camp play ball and/or make amends. I would hate to see Kawhi get booed at the AT&T Center after having such a great first half of his career here so far.

OKC, for better or worse, has Westbrook. He is a legit prime superstar. L.A is selling P.G on what they could be, Westbrook is selling him on building on what they were.

I don't think PG to L.A is a done deal.

Mr. Body
06-26-2018, 11:10 PM
Cool... we're both spurs fans id hope. Looking around I don't see many Kentucky players on the roster. So I think your good. And this is probably the wrong thread to even discuss this shit in. I'm tied of talking about kawhi to people at work/ internet/ espn. It's like the election all over again. I just saw your Kentucky post and I thought it's not thats schools problem if players 3 years removed don't develop. It's the NBA team that drafted them.

It's something to talk about that's not Kawhi.

lmbebo
06-26-2018, 11:19 PM

Prob with gordon is I think he is up for an extension and heard he wants max money (on nba radio earlier this week). Question is, is he worth the max?

Will there be an idiot GM out there who gives it to him?

lmbebo
06-26-2018, 11:22 PM

Apparently Lebron's wife doesn't like Philly.

Part of the cleveland team was LA too ... Don't see the lakers team being that much better than the cavs roster.

BatManu20
06-26-2018, 11:25 PM

Only way I’d even consider Kawhi to Orlando is if the package included Gordon, Bamba, & multiple 1st’s. They won’t offer that though so it’s a moot point.

offset formation
06-26-2018, 11:46 PM
For people that read tea leaves:

Wtf are the Lakers still hovering around the top of the list each time? Do these fools not know there's slim to no chance PATFO sends him West, let alone to the Spurs mortal enemy??? Gmafb.

offset formation
06-26-2018, 11:48 PM
I find it REALLY hard to imagine that Lebron isn’t going to LA. I mean, I hope LA whiffs because it would be hilarious but I think they get him.

I think they end up with PG and Cousins and Lebron. That would be my guess.

ducks
06-26-2018, 11:52 PM
Durant opt out
Be funny durrant,Leonard and Lma

Mr. Body
06-26-2018, 11:59 PM
Wtf are the Lakers still hovering around the top of the list each time? Do these fools not know there's slim to no chance PATFO sends him West, let alone to the Spurs mortal enemy??? Gmafb.

These are gambling dens trying to sucker suckers.

offset formation
06-27-2018, 12:07 AM
These are gambling dens trying to sucker suckers.

Got to be the case, tbh.

LakerHater
06-27-2018, 12:20 AM
Wtf, anybody see this shit??

Peter Vecsey: Now what?
“Emotionally, Kawhi has checked out of the Spurs. He wants the Lakers, even though it means forfeiting $80 million. Everyone is shocked he’d give up that much money. But when it’s emotional, there’s no logic,” said the source.
“He’s an artist. When artists know they’re getting jerked, they want out no matter what the cost. He feels the organization didn’t even try to wrap its arms around him.
You don’t know anyone until you go through something difficult. Kawhi got to see people’s true colors.
Peter Vecsey: “Kawhi listened to the Spurs doctor. Did everything he was told. But when he went back to play his knee began to hurt from the stress. He was scared about blowing it out. He saw what happened to Isaiah Thomas when he played in pain for Boston in the playoffs. He got reduced to damaged goods. As a free agent this summer, he’ll never recoup the $50M-$100M he lost by deciding to play. “The Spurs knew the quad was only 70 percent,” insists my source. “Kawhi got good advice, advice anybody would give their son in the same situation, see an independent doctor.”

spurs10
06-27-2018, 12:45 AM
Wtf, anybody see this shit?? Let me guess, his source is somebody from the Lakers? Magic? How the hell does anybody know if someone else is willing to give up $80 million because he felt unloved. I'm thinking Pop and Kawhi have been pretty communicative this whole ordeal. At least that's what Kawhi said..so?

LakerHater
06-27-2018, 12:52 AM
Let me guess, his source is somebody from the Lakers? Magic? How the hell does anybody know if someone else is willing to give up $80 million because he felt unloved. I'm thinking Pop and Kawhi have been pretty communicative this whole ordeal. At least that's what Kawhi said..so?
From what ive heard Uncle Dennis turned to Vecsey since Jabari Young sux!

BatManu20
06-27-2018, 01:04 AM
Jason McIntyre thinks we’d be lucky to get much if anything for Kawhi at this point, given that he’s stated that he’s going to sign with the Lakers next Summer. Cites PG’s trade las year as an example.

”The guess here is that the Spurs refuse all trades for Kawhi, think they can convince him to stay, and they lose him for nothing, the same way the Thunder lost Kevin Durant for nothing.”

Mr. Body
06-27-2018, 01:15 AM
Jason McIntyre thinks we’d be lucky to get much if anything for Kawhi at this point, given that he’s stated that he’s going to sign with the Lakers next Summer. Cites PG’s trade las year as an example.

This guy is assuming Kawhi will only play for the Lakers and that we have the whole story. It's just as possible that he's either trying to force a Supermax or is forcing a move in general. The Lakers are still a mediocre team at best and that's not changing unless they pick up FAs, and those FAs will suck up any room Kawhi could use next year.

cool cat
06-27-2018, 01:30 AM

Timeline is everything, Paul George told them 1 week before the draft he wanted to be traded. Front office panicked and messed up a 3 team deal with Cavs and Nuggets. Panicked again but still got Oladipo and Sabonis, which are assets.

And at the end of the day Paul George didn't get traded to the Lakers.

Hoops Czar
06-27-2018, 01:38 AM

Oladipo wasn't an asset? Tell that to Indiana.

objective
06-27-2018, 02:45 AM
Oladipo wasn't an asset? Tell that to Indiana.

Like most in the media, he's not smart and has an agenda

I can only guess by 'asset' he might mean future picks?

spurs10
06-27-2018, 02:51 AM
From what ive heard Uncle Dennis turned to Vecsey since Jabari Young sux! Yeah if Uncle Dennis is his source then he is likely the worst manager Kawhi could possibly have with all the emotional bullshit of how the 'Lakers own his heart' crap. It could be a play for the super-max or whatever, but Uncle Dennis needs to realize that Kawhi is under contract for another season. I don't understand how he thinks he is helping his client/nephew by acting like he has some great leverage over R.C. and the Spurs. If he leaves next summer he won't be taking $219 million with him and we move to plan B. It just seems unlikely the Spurs trade him for peanuts. If R.C. is to be listened to the Spurs are going to keep him 'as long as possible.'

cutewizard
06-27-2018, 02:56 AM
Boston has to include Tatum if I'm the GM of the Spurs.

:lobt2:

AaronY
06-27-2018, 03:25 AM

Oladipo and the Sabonis Kid crushed it this year.

Is this guy retarded?

PublicOption
06-27-2018, 04:09 AM
Then make him play another year....watch him make up another injury and let the whole league see what a con this fuckhead is.

NickiRasgo
06-27-2018, 05:35 AM
Oladipo and the Sabonis Kid crushed it this year.

Is this guy retarded?

Exactly. Pacers with Oladipo and Sabonis pushed LeBron to Game 7 while OKC with PG (with a better team) got owned by a rookie in six games. Not to mention Rubio got injured along the series and PG's 5 points on their last game.

cutewizard
06-27-2018, 05:41 AM
Hmmmmm interesting days guys, hehehe

cutewizard
06-27-2018, 05:47 AM
What happened with Kawaii, is he being traded?

Not Yet

cutewizard
06-27-2018, 05:51 AM
IMHO, the spurs are going to wait and see what LeBron/Lakers do before signing off on any trade. Look the spurs aren’t stupid and they know what Kawhi is worth and it isn’t Markelle fucking Fultz. I think the reason anything hasn’t gone down is because the spurs are askin for at the very least, Simmons to be included. Same goes for Boston too, they are waiting to see if Ainge puts Tatum back on the table. The only way that plays out is if LAL doesn’t have space for Kawhi next summer with the moves they make this FA. Then Leonard if he still wants out opens his list of teams and gives a verbal he’ll sign an extension with either bos/phila

-----------------------------------

Agree.

Quote of the day.

Hope the Spurs get equal value!

Gasol at center, Lamarcus and Tatum at forwards, Walker and Murray at guards, not bad huh

r0drig0lac
06-27-2018, 06:19 AM
Booker is good
You put him better talent better stats

Devin is fast becoming the most underrated player in the league, just as Tatum is becoming the most overrated

duncan2k5
06-27-2018, 06:34 AM
No, he didn't. "Dr." Tony Parker was the match that gaslit this situation. The funny part on the outside looking in, word on the streets is he (and Manure) were basically given orders from Pop to put out the narrative that TP not only had the same injury, but it was "100 times" worse. That basically unnecessarily challenged his manhood and pissed him off. I believe Stack5 (former Spur, so he has credibility) put that out on Undisputed IIRC.

You know what? I believe Stack5. Why? Not long afterwards Pop was cynical with any reporter with a mic in his face heard ahim tell them "to check with Kawhi's camp" whenever he asked about his franchise player.

Pop knows he fucked up too by evidence of him flying 1,275 miles to San Diego to beg Kiwi to change his mind. From what I'm hearing, he basically heard Pop out (with Uncle Fester next to him :lol) then flat out told him that he still wants out.

Why you farmers not blaming Pop is beyond me. You guys are sitting on 6 range if not for the arrogance of Pop (I still can't believe he took Jim out leading to a huge offensive rebound by Bosh Spice...unbelievable, but I digress).

PATFO knows he's gone. Now they sending out their Silver and Black soldiers to protect the Spur brand (which is smart BTW). This tweet rings true:

Gonna be an interesting time in SATX if Kiwi leaves. If he does, blame Pop and his arrogance, not Kiwi.

EXACTLY!!!

spursfaninla
06-27-2018, 06:36 AM
-----------------------------------

Agree.

Quote of the day.

Hope the Spurs get equal value!

Gasol at center, Lamarcus and Tatum at forwards, Walker and Murray at guards, not bad huh

I agree this is the more likely scenario now for the Spurs to trade Kawhi for value.

On the other end of things, probably the most likely scenario at this point that is bad is if Lebron does not go to LA this year, and signs a one year deal (presumably with cleveland). If lebron can get someone to improve cleveland, that works, and he may even stay. Regardless, it becomes likely that LA will be able to salvage the caproom to get Kawhi in 2019, and potentially lebron then as well.

duncan2k5
06-27-2018, 06:36 AM
Kawhi sitting out with a pretend ouchie is the weakest thing I've seen a professional athlete do since Durant weeped into the arms of the Warriors. There is no third place, just these two guys. New generation, I guess.

The BETTER doctors in NY affirmed that Kawhi had an issue... He played this season, and u could see it... He clearly had a limp before the season... Spurs doctors admitted there was something wrong after the BETTER doctors showed them... U saying he is faking is is exactly why he wants to leave... Don't tell someone they're faking an injury when EVERY credible person and ALL the evidence points towards them actually being injured

CGD
06-27-2018, 06:38 AM

Uh, Oladipo? Uh, Sabonis?

Actually, your example actually MAKES THE POINT that assets are needed to make the trade work, even if the player is on the last year of his deal. What a dipshit.

spursfaninla
06-27-2018, 06:40 AM
I do not buy that Kawhi is leaving because he was offended by pop or Tony. He was called out by his team because he was not really injured by that point, he was protecting himself and his future contract, hoping he could get traded, and knew he if he got injured that would be jeopardized.

This narrative is bullshit. He wanted to leave already and this is his face-saving excuse. He was going to leave to LA regardless of what transpired; everything points to that.

Quote Originally Posted by LkrFan
No, he didn't. "Dr." Tony Parker was the match that gaslit this situation. The funny part on the outside looking in, word on the streets is he (and Manure) were basically given orders from Pop to put out the narrative that TP not only had the same injury, but it was "100 times" worse. That basically unnecessarily challenged his manhood and pissed him off. I believe Stack5 (former Spur, so he has credibility) put that out on Undisputed IIRC.

You know what? I believe Stack5. Why? Not long afterwards Pop was cynical with any reporter with a mic in his face heard ahim tell them "to check with Kawhi's camp" whenever he asked about his franchise player.

Pop knows he fucked up too by evidence of him flying 1,275 miles to San Diego to beg Kiwi to change his mind. From what I'm hearing, he basically heard Pop out (with Uncle Fester next to him ) then flat out told him that he still wants out.

Why you farmers not blaming Pop is beyond me. You guys are sitting on 6 range if not for the arrogance of Pop (I still can't believe he took Jim out leading to a huge offensive rebound by Bosh Spice...unbelievable, but I digress).

PATFO knows he's gone. Now they sending out their Silver and Black soldiers to protect the Spur brand (which is smart BTW). This tweet rings true:

Bruce Bowen & David Robinson speaking up against Kawhi’s conduct & management is 100% only about protecting the Spurs brand. The Spurs know he is gone & now their loyal soldiers are making sure their fans know that they are to direct all of the blame at the feet of Kawhi

— BJ Metta (@bj_metta) June 23, 2018
Gonna be an interesting time in SATX if Kiwi leaves. If he does, blame Pop and his arrogance, not Kiwi.
EXACTLY!!!

baseline bum
06-27-2018, 06:41 AM
Devin is fast becoming the most underrated player in the league, just as Tatum is becoming the most overrated

Brown is worlds more overrated than Tatum

Killakobe81
06-27-2018, 06:47 AM

Why would that even be an option? Gordon is a Restricted Free agent. Wouldn't he have to sign a new deal to be traded? Gordon to me is like Randle a good piece at the right price. But unless the market is diffrent than almost every other year both guys will get overpaid.

BillMc
06-27-2018, 06:52 AM
I wonder if there have been more meetings.

Wonder if they offer Supermax on July 1. Wonder if he'll sign it. Wonder if they'll try and demand a no trade clause so they can get their money, then disrupt the team, and when the Spurs try to trade him they veto any non-LA trade. Truthfully, let him go for nothing or scraps before giving Kawhi a no-trade. Don't trust Uncle D armed with that power.

Killakobe81
06-27-2018, 06:57 AM

Y'all niccas are delusional (and I find it "cute") outside this board Spurs/Lakers are not true rivals and not "mortal enemies". ..
I know a few of you spur fans live in Cali ...and know Lakerfans dont give two shits about the spurs.
There was a minor Kobe stan/dunacan stan rivalry ...and when Lakers played Spurs it was competitive ...but where is the bad blood?
Kobe actually always praised the Spurs.
Shaq talked shit about David but always praised Tim ...
phil put the asterisk on 99 ...
But outside of Phil go back to the tape (highlights of the playoff matchups) there is no Horry hip-check, a Rambis clothesline or Sacramento Queens type diss or any scuffles despite these two teams battling heavy from 1998-2008.
For it to be a rivalry or for them to be enemies hate needs to flow on both sides.
Spurs hate the Lakers and Laker fans ...
Lakers dont hate the Spurs ...and unless you lived in the 210 or come here to Spurstalk, Most Lakerfans dont even think about the spurs much. and respect the hell out of the Organization and Admire tim.
We hate Portland, Utah, sacto and our only true rival are the Celts.
Spurs were never even top 5 of teams i disliked I did not like the rox or Mavs though ... (battled them in the 80's and i was a kid then where i built my sports hate)

It's just amusing watching this thread.

picnroll
06-27-2018, 07:04 AM
Y'all niccas are delusional (and I find it "cute") outside this board Spurs/Lakers are not true rivals and not "mortal enemies". ..
I know a few of you spur fans live in Cali ...and know Lakerfans dont give two shits about the spurs.
There was a minor Kobe stan/dunacan stan rivalry ...and when Lakers played Spurs it was competitive ...but where is the bad blood?
Shaq talked shot about David but always praised Tim ...
phil put the asterisk on 99 even shaq swing
But outside of Phil go back to the tape there is no Horry hip-check, a Rambis clothesline or Sacramento Queens type diss or any scuffles despite these two teams battling heavy from 1998-2008.
For it to be a rivalry or for them to be enemies hate needs to flow on both sides.
Lakers dont hate the Spurs ...and unless you lived in the 210 or come here to Spurstalk, Most Lakerfans dont even think about the spurs much. and respect the hell out of the Organization and Admire tim.
Spurs were never even top 5 of teams i disliked I did not like the rox or Mavs though ... (battled them in the 80's and i was a kid then where i built my sports hate)

Lakers only true rivals are the other lottery teams for high draft picks.

Killakobe81
06-27-2018, 07:11 AM
Lakers only true rivals are the other lottery teams for high draft picks.

funny.
Not saying yall shouldn't hate us, I get it. Hate who you want. it's just funny on this side because if I never came here or lived in SA I would have no clue.
Also funny that despite us being a bottom feeder the past 5 years that you still hate us. It's a beautiful thing ... tells me no matter how bad we suck we still have your attention
And though teasing a bit I was genuine with the thoughts there have been no real rivalry moments like the ones I listed.
Great competitors on BOTH sides Tim, Shaqobe, Manu, Sjax, horry (on bothe teams), fisher etc. .
But no fights. No suspensions. No off court stuff just basketball.
Spurs shut down the Forum and ended the 3peat making Kobe/Fisher cry.
A couple sweeps on both sides.

It's all ball. Its been very competitive but far from a rivalry like DUKE/UNC USC/UCLA Yakees/Bosox Lakers/Celts where bad blood is evident.

Killakobe81
06-27-2018, 07:21 AM
And btw not saying Spurs are not good or worthy opponents.
Over the past 20 years you have been by far the best/most consistent franchise.

ernest787
06-27-2018, 07:50 AM
Lakers are the evil empire. You add that to the fact that the Spurs met them consistently in the playoffs through the early 2ks, it's easy to see why Spurs fans hate them.

offset formation
06-27-2018, 08:00 AM
But outside of Phil go back to the tape (highlights of the playoff matchups) there is no Horry hip-check, a Rambis clothesline or Sacramento Queens type diss or any scuffles despite these two teams battling heavy from 1998-2008.

I've most definitely gotten an entirely different vibe from the NBA subreddit page. And for that matter from the large and obnoxious bunch of lakerfans that live in spurstalk land. Not sure how many of us take up residence in your world, tbh.

Spurs are also the only organization that owned a better head to head record in regular season against you. Really that's even close as I recall reading.

And we've been a main rival for way longer than every other one of those teams you mentioned. Even the Celtics rivalry was only about 20 years of true battles.

Point is, don't tell me Chris Webber and Mike Bibby made Sactown a bigger rival when you bested them for a few years, each time. Can't say that about Spur.

picnroll
06-27-2018, 08:16 AM
Lakers are the parasites of the NBA. For years they have lived off of luring players from other teams, generally by illegal collusion, rather than demonstrating any front office acumen in drafting a team or building a team with role players. Boston on the other hand is a competent franchise with good management. Same with GS, minus durbeta. If the NBA had a structure like the NFL the Lakers would be perennial bottom dwellers given their front office talent. That’s why many don’t like or respect the Lakers.

K...
06-27-2018, 08:23 AM
Lakers are the parasites of the NBA. For years they have lived off of luring players from other teams, generally by illegal collusion, rather than demonstrating any front office acumen in drafting a team or building a team with role players. Boston on the other hand is a competent franchise with good management. Same with GS, minus durbeta. If the NBA had a structure like the NFL the Lakers would be perennial bottom dwellers given their front office talent. That’s why many don’t like or respect the Lakers.

And the current cba makes it harder for the Lakers to be the old Lakers, with the salary caps and luxury tax.

cd021
06-27-2018, 08:26 AM
You're aiming way too low. If LeBron goes to Philly, Ainge is going to have to make a sweeter offer than that. LeBron going to Philly is the one thing that could make him give up Tatum, because he sure as hell doesn't want to see a team with a seven man rotation of Simmons / Reddick / Leonard / James / Embiid / Belinelli / Covington in his division and taking his Celtics out in five in every year's ECF.

Philly can theoretically clear out space to sign LeBron then move Covington, Fultz, Saric, Miami's 2021 pick and Parsecniks for Kawhi and Mills.

Simmons, Kawhi, LeBron, Illyasova?, Embiid
with Mills, Beli, and whomever to fill out the bench could be the 18-19 76ers roster.

Boston isn't giving up Tatum, I don't see it, but the might give up the stable on all of their previously acquired first rounders in a deal. If Boston gets into a bidding war, then Tatum's available may change but I could see a-

Hayward, Brown, 2019 Kings Pick (probably top five), 2019 Memphis Pick (probably ends up being in the 10-14 range) and the lottery protected 2019 Clippers (same protections in 2020 but unlikely to actually convey) for Kawhi and Gasol.

That is an all-star caliber player, along with a young starter with high upside, and probably a top 5 and 14 pick in next year's draft that is a great haul, the Spurs can stay good for at least a couple of seasons while also being able to integrate two lottery picks into the system, on top of Brown and Murray.

SpursDynasty85
06-27-2018, 08:37 AM
OKC, for better or worse, has Westbrook. He is a legit prime superstar. L.A is selling P.G on what they could be, Westbrook is selling him on building on what they were.

I don't think PG to L.A is a done deal.

Maybe PG has a good relationship with Westbrook but PG ln the Lakers has more potential. People forget how young and good Ingram, Kuzma, and Lonzo have looked so far. Plus Brook Lopez, Josh Hart, and possibly Julius Randle is nothing to sneeze at either. They have room for one more guy too. Possibly Kemba, Cousins, or Lebron.

LkrFan
06-27-2018, 08:37 AM
Uh, Oladipo? Uh, Sabonis?

Actually, your example actually MAKES THE POINT that assets are needed to make the trade work, even if the player is on the last year of his deal. What a dipshit.

Oladipo was not considered an "asset" at the time of the trade, but rather expendable. Sure, he won MIP, but can he prove he didn't just catch lightning in a bottle? Can he sustain and build upon his play from last year? Time will tell.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-27-2018, 08:44 AM

But OKC lost Oladipo and Sabonis who both turned out to be very good players, hell Oladipo might be the best SG in the east.

picnroll
06-27-2018, 08:47 AM
Oladipo was not considered an "asset" at the time of the trade, but rather expendable. Sure, he won MIP, but can he prove he didn't just catch lightning in a bottle? Can he sustain and build upon his play from last year? Time will tell.
Bottom line Pop and the Spurs have all the leverage. Leonard is under contract and can be traded to any team the Spurs wish. If Spurs trade him it’s no skin off their nose if he signs with that team or not. Doubt Pop is going to do Leonard any favor. Pop’s playing nice now but I’m sure he’s majorly pissed at the way Leonard and his “group” have played this bitches game. Pop’s Ex military and these guys are 4+ chickenshit cowards.

duncan2k5
06-27-2018, 08:53 AM
The FO did Kawhi wrong... Bottom line... Don't get mad at his reaction... Misdiagnosis... Mad at seeking second opinion... Public shade throwing and implying he is injured simply so he can play unhealthy to carry the old guys to the playoffs? Nah fam... U don't have the moral high ground... We KNOW what the FO has done wrong... Everything wrong said about Kawhi has been speculation... He isn't out here o Twitter throwing shade

RD2191
06-27-2018, 08:54 AM
But OKC lost Oladipo and Sabonis who both turned out to be very good players, hell Oladipo might be the best SG in the east.

They were pretty shitty when they moved them though, weren't they?

sasaint
06-27-2018, 08:54 AM
Philly can theoretically clear out space to sign LeBron then move Covington, Fultz, Saric, Miami's 2021 pick and Parsecniks for Kawhi and Mills.

with Mills, Beli, and whomever to fill out the bench could be the 18-19 76ers roster.

Boston isn't giving up Tatum, I don't see it, but the might give up the stable on all of their previously acquired first rounders in a deal. If Boston gets into a bidding war, then Tatum's available may change but I could see a-

Hayward, Brown, 2019 Kings Pick (probably top five), 2019 Memphis Pick (probably ends up being in the 10-14 range) and the lottery protected 2019 Clippers (same protections in 2020 but unlikely to actually convey) for Kawhi and Gasol.

That is an all-star caliber player, along with a young starter with high upside, and probably a top 5 and 14 pick in next year's draft that is a great haul, the Spurs can stay good for at least a couple of seasons while also being able to integrate two lottery picks into the system, on top of Brown and Murray.

If the Spurs were to acquire the assets you describe, I would be exstatic. I don't see us making that haul.

RD2191
06-27-2018, 08:55 AM
Bottom line Pop and the Spurs have all the leverage. Leonard is under contract and can be traded to any team the Spurs wish. If Spurs trade him it’s no skin off their nose if he signs with that team or not. Doubt Pop is going to do Leonard any favor. Pop’s playing nice now but I’m sure he’s majorly pissed at the way Leonard and his “group” have played this bitches game. Pop’s Ex military and these guys are 4+ chickenshit cowards.

Pop should be on his knees begging. He knows he fucked up with the Kawhi situation.

Spurs9
06-27-2018, 08:55 AM
The FO did Kawhi wrong... Bottom line... Don't get mad at his reaction... Misdiagnosis... Mad at seeking second opinion... Public shade throwing and implying he is injured simply so he can play unhealthy to carry the old guys to the playoffs? Nah fam... U don't have the moral high ground... We KNOW what the FO has done wrong... Everything wrong said about Kawhi has been speculation... He isn't out here o Twitter throwing shade

Didn't he get his doctors back in July before the season, and he came back to play under his own doctors watch?

sasaint
06-27-2018, 08:56 AM

More Young than Shitty. I liked Sabonis better than Oladipo at that time.

exstatic
06-27-2018, 08:57 AM
Didn't he get his doctors back in July before the season, and he came back to play under his own doctors watch?

Don't interrupt the butt hurt with a deluge of facts. 2k5 and YNGI have both not only drunk the kool-aid, they're now mixing and distributing it.

bklynspursfan
06-27-2018, 08:59 AM

So everything wrong with Kawhi is speculation and the Spurs/FO are at 100% fault....

To think both sides don't share some blame in this is absolutely insane. If Kawhi was unhappy here, he would have requested a trade anywhere and then leave when he's a FA. His camp said LA is his preffered destination. You think after Parker said what he said, Kawhi woke up that next morning and told his Uncle , he wants to be a Laker because people are saying stuff about him?

Don't be that gullible man

bklynspursfan
06-27-2018, 09:00 AM
Double

picnroll
06-27-2018, 09:01 AM
Pop should be on his knees begging. He knows he fucked up with the Kawhi situation.

Horeshit. Leonard and Uncle Denny have had this scenario laid out for months. Media has an agenda to build the Lakers and paint Leonard as a victim and some tool Spurs fans have bought into that line. And then there’s trolls like you with multiple accounts taking different stances on each one thinking for some reason that that’s cute.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-27-2018, 09:14 AM

For sure, but if George leaves OKC that’s gonna be brutal since they lost all those players for essentially nothing

rasuo214
06-27-2018, 09:14 AM
The Spurs did fuck up. Pop has called out players publicly before but it has never devolved to this. That isn't to say Kawhi's group (mainly his uncle) has been any better.

I do disagree with those that criticize Kawhi for not speaking out publicly. That doesn't help out the Spurs unless what he says is positive. That's unlikely right now so there is little to gain and a lot to lose. Everything so far has just been speculation and can be refuted later on.

picnroll
06-27-2018, 09:26 AM
The Spurs did fuck up. Pop has called out players publicly before but it has never devolved to this. That isn't to say Kawhi's group (mainly his uncle) has been any better.

I do disagree with those that criticize Kawhi for not speaking out publicly. That doesn't help out the Spurs unless what he says is positive. That's unlikely right now so there is little to gain and a lot to lose. Everything so far has just been speculation and can be refuted later on.
I keep seeing Leonard apologists making this argument but I never see them making the leap to how this explains only to LA. Next it’s going to be not only LA but only the Lakers. Please connect the dots Leonard apologists.

lmbebo
06-27-2018, 09:26 AM

Want no piece of Hayward. Coming off a really bad injury and is still owed like $90 million over the next 3 years .... Pre injury, yeah, I'd take him. But expensive piece no less still.

SAGirl
06-27-2018, 09:28 AM
In other news... first trade of the offseason. Jerry West cleaning house. Signals DeAndre Jordan probably being traded too.

interesting...

rasuo214
06-27-2018, 09:40 AM
I keep seeing Leonard apologists making this argument but I never see them making the leap to how this explains only to LA. Next it’s going to be not only LA but only the Lakers. Please connect the dots Leonard apologists.

He's from LA and afaik only ESPN has reported only to LA and others have gone with it. Early reports were that he wanted to go to a big market (LA, NY and Philly). There's a big difference between his preference is LA and that he'll only sign with LA.

MoSpur02
06-27-2018, 09:44 AM
interesting...

I think it means DeAndre is getting ready to move

YGWHI
06-27-2018, 09:44 AM

Because after not getting the supermax, his camp thinks the only team that would be Kawhi the opportunity of making money from better endoserments, is Lakers

Two weeks ago, Jabari Young wrote an article saying Kawhi's camp was in the "healing-process" with Spurs and they were ready to sign a supermax deal when Spurs offer it.

But the Spurs didn't make that offer, instead of offering the supermax, we read Woj's article "A long way from Spurs offer..."

look_at_g_shred
06-27-2018, 09:45 AM
If Leonard is so unhappy with the Spurs Org. and how they handled the injury situation, he'd be happy just to get out and go anywhere else. The fact that it was reported that only to LA seems to me like he's using that as an excuse to go home.

exstatic
06-27-2018, 09:48 AM
If Leonard is so unhappy with the Spurs Org. and how they handled the injury situation, he'd be happy just to get out and go anywhere else. The fact that it was reported that only to LA seems to me like he's using that as an excuse to go home.

SO MUCH THIS

rasuo214
06-27-2018, 09:52 AM
Also saw the people comparing how much IT lost to what Kawhi would lose by rejecting the supermax and completely missed the point. If Kawhi played injured and ended up doing permanent damage to his body with lowered production like what happened to IT he would be losing a lot more than just the supermax.

YGWHI
06-27-2018, 09:54 AM

I wonder why Lebron is picking a place to live and play...After all, if he's not comfortable with the Cavs, he should be happy on any other team.

FAs, players opting out, players demanding a trade...All them want to choose their new teams. Sometimes they can, most times they can't, but everyone wants to have an opinion where they will live and play.

Killakobe81
06-27-2018, 09:54 AM
I've most definitely gotten an entirely different vibe from the NBA subreddit page. And for that matter from the large and obnoxious bunch of lakerfans that live in spurstalk land. Not sure how many of us take up residence in your world, tbh.

Spurs are also the only organization that owned a better head to head record in regular season against you. Really that's even close as I recall reading.

And we've been a main rival for way longer than every other one of those teams you mentioned. Even the Celtics rivalry was only about 20 years of true battles.

Point is, don't tell me Chris Webber and Mike Bibby made Sactown a bigger rival when you bested them for a few years, each time. Can't say that about Spur.

Some good points and I don't go to reddit for sports are the threads there any good?
DON'T get it twisted living in SA and coming to ST has built some hate for your fan base but I still don't hate the Spurs as a franchise.

rasuo214
06-27-2018, 09:55 AM

"Only to LA" is allegedly his preference for 2019 and beyond. No where is it being reported that he won't play for any other team. Kawhi is under contract for 1 more year, that is all the Spurs can control they can't force him to commit to anything else beyond that.

baseline bum
06-27-2018, 10:13 AM

You're right about Philly. I must have forgot to include Embiids 25% of cap max salary into my numbers for them. Looks like there is no way they can keep Reddick if the sign LeBron.

For the Boston trade, if by good you mean middle of the pack playoff team, then yeah, probably. I'd much rather take Tatum and the Kings pick or even the Memphis one plus whatever matching salary needs to be thrown in. I still think a Leonard + James duo in Philly would force Ainge's hand, though not being able to have Reddick or Belinelli on that team is a definite blow.

BackHome
06-27-2018, 10:14 AM
Rob and Duncan the closet Flakers finally comming out of the closet and showing their true colors.

rjv
06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
I think it means DeAndre is getting ready to move

mavs are going all in on jordan this summer.

baseline bum
06-27-2018, 10:23 AM

No fucking way Killa. I used to get so much shit wearing Spurs gear in LA back in the Duncan/Shaq/Kobe era. Maybe Laker fans don't give a shit now but they hated the Spurs back in the 2000s. You got some revisionist history going there Killa.

offset formation
06-27-2018, 10:28 AM
Some good points and I don't go to reddit for sports are the threads there any good?
DON'T get it twisted living in SA and coming to ST has built some hate for your fan base but I still don't hate the Spurs as a franchise.

Yeah, the subreddit for the NBA is good. Lots of good humor, too. The individual team ones aren't much different than the spurstalks of the world with lots of infighting. But the NBASpurs subreddit is, or at least was, far more in Kawhi's camp than this board has been.

SpursforSix
06-27-2018, 10:31 AM
No fucking way Killa. I used to get so much shit wearing Spurs gear in LA back in the Duncan/Shaq/Kobe era. Maybe Laker fans don't give a shit now but they hated the Spurs back in the 2000s. You got some revisionist history going there Killa.

yeah...there was hate. Both teams were impediments to the other's shots at a title. Almost every year. If Spurs didn't have Duncan, Lakers have more rings. And if Lakers didn't have Shaq, Spurs have more rings.

It was bad enough that LakerFan was rooting for the Pistons in the 2005 Finals just so the Spurs wouldn't accomplish what Lakers failed to do in 2004.

baseline bum
06-27-2018, 10:34 AM
It was bad enough that LakerFan was rooting for the Pistons in the 2005 Finals just so the Spurs wouldn't accomplish what Lakers failed to do in 2004.

Oh yeah that was hilarious. Pistons broke their team up and yet they were all going for them in the Finals. And then in 07 you'd go to bars and all the Lakers fans would be rooting for the Suns to beat Duncan.

YGWHI
06-27-2018, 10:44 AM

The guess here is that the Spurs refuse all trades for Kawhi, think they can convince him to stay, and they lose him for nothing, the same way the Thunder lost Kevin Durant for nothing.”

Well, I think the Spurs playing Kawhi one year more then losing him in FA is the best for both sides.

Unless the Spurs get Lebron or any other top-5 talent this offseason, without Kawhi they won't play NBA Finals in years...

We know that the Spurs with Kawhi were way better than Cavs, they have a shot...

And Kawhi's camp has to realize that playing one year for scrubs like Orlando/Charlotte won't give him any chance of better endorsements...

Boston isn't giving Tatum+Brown, Philly combo sucks...Why do we lose him in a trade for nothing?

I rather lose Kawhi for nothing in FA than helping other teams to become contenders..Losing him for nothing in FA to make WCF or NBA Finals for last time in years..is worth it.

Kawhi won't be happpy, Pop won't like the toxic situation? Who cares..I want to see my team and my favorite player being elite again...At least, one more year.

DON'T TRADE HIM.

daslicer
06-27-2018, 10:50 AM
Well, I think the Spurs playing Kawhi one year more then losing him in FA is the best for both sides.

Unless the Spurs get Lebron or any other top-5 talent this offseason, without Kawhi they won't play NBA Finals in years...

We know that the Spurs with Kawhi were way better than Cavs, they have a shot...

And Kawhi's camp has to realize that playing one year for scrubs like Orlando/Charlotte won't give him any chance of better endorsements...

Boston isn't giving Tatum+Brown, Philly combo sucks...Why do we lose him in a trade for nothing?

I rather lose Kawhi for nothing in FA than helping other teams to become contenders..Losing him for nothing in FA to make WCF or NBA Finals for last time in years..is worth it.

Kawhi won't be happpy, Pop won't like the toxic situation? Who cares..I want to see my team and my favorite player being elite again...At least, one more year.

DON'T TRADE HIM.

I can actually agree with you on this. Spurs are not going to ever get close to equal value for Kawhi. They are better off playing him next year and trying to win it all for one last time.

YGWHI
06-27-2018, 10:55 AM
I can actually agree with you on this. Spurs are not going to ever get close to equal value for Kawhi. They are better off playing him next year and trying to win it all for one last time.
:tu

Killakobe81
06-27-2018, 11:08 AM

Shit, not in my circle in 2000's we hated Blazers and Sacto... Not revising history just speaking My truth.

Killakobe81
06-27-2018, 11:10 AM
Oh yeah that was hilarious. Pistons broke their team up and yet they were all going for them in the Finals. And then in 07 you'd go to bars and all the Lakers fans would be rooting for the Suns to beat Duncan.

Not me I hated Suns...
Though I did think the Amare suspension was bull shit.. Smart hip check by Horry though

ernest787
06-27-2018, 11:12 AM
new article from ESPN (WOJ) saying that the Lakers are feeling pressure to get a deal done b/c LBJ doesn't want to be the first FA to sign there, and they are worried now that PG may stay in OKC.

If the Spurs are going to move him, this is good and can cause the price to increase.

Also mentions the Lakers have been hunting for future 1st round picks to sweeten the deal. Imagine that means Ball is being shopped.

eDizzle20
06-27-2018, 11:19 AM
new article from ESPN (WOJ) saying that the Lakers are feeling pressure to get a deal done b/c LBJ doesn't want to be the first FA to sign there, and they are worried now that PG may stay in OKC.

If the Spurs are going to move him, this is good and can cause the price to increase.

Also mentions the Lakers have been hunting for future 1st round picks to sweeten the deal. Imagine that means Ball is being shopped.
This is where the Spurs leverage lies. Yeah, the Lakers can say, “We’ll just wait until next season to sign Kawhi and not give up assets.” However, LeBron being a free agent now matters to get another superstar along side him.

Gino20
06-27-2018, 11:21 AM
I just don't see any possible Lakers trade that would be good for the Spurs. Ingram, Kuzma, and first round pick(s) (probably will be low regardless) just don't seem like a good haul. Taking back a "bad" contract doesn't change much for me either.

duncan2k5
06-27-2018, 11:22 AM

DON'T TRADE HIM.

Agree with this

picnroll
06-27-2018, 11:22 AM
Wonder if Leonard would be dumb enough to go to the Lakers without PG and Lebron or if that would shift his focus to 76ers or Boston. Maybe Uncle Dennis master plan is falling apart.

MoSpur02
06-27-2018, 11:23 AM
Finally some truth out of ESPN. The Spurs don't need to rush anything just to please the Lakers or any team for that matter.

Spurs9
06-27-2018, 11:23 AM
Yeah keeping Leonard away can blow up alot of the Laker plans, PG stays in OKC, Lebron goes somewhere else. And they end up having to pay Randle alot and overpay for someone else. If the Spurs could get Ingram/Kuzma + some picks they acquire from other teams Spurs should consider it assuming no offers from Boston are close.

MoSpur02
06-27-2018, 11:24 AM
Agree with this

Of course you agree. Y'all are roommates with Kawhi posters all over y'all's bedrooms.

look_at_g_shred
06-27-2018, 11:24 AM
Yeah keeping Leonard away can blow up alot of the Laker plans, PG stays in OKC, Lebron goes somewhere else. And they end up having to pay Randle alot and overpay for someone else. If the Spurs could get Ingram/Kuzma + some picks they acquire from other teams Spurs should consider it assuming no offers from Boston are close.
Yup. I'm fine with shipping him to the lakers if lebron and pg are not involved. Meaning, Kawhi would be the only star. I can live with that.

ernest787
06-27-2018, 11:25 AM
I just don't see any possible Lakers trade that would be good for the Spurs. Ingram, Kuzma, and first round pick(s) (probably will be low regardless) just don't seem like a good haul. Taking back a "bad" contract doesn't change much for me either.

I don’t want the lakers package, but if LBJ is signaling he doesn’t want to be the first FA signed there, that likely goes for all suitors. Meaning Philly also has incentive to put their best foot forward. Especially if the Lakers are working on strengthening their package. Also possible that If Philly gets serious about an offer that leads Boston to rethink their current position.

duncan2k5
We need to stop making assumptions about kawhi and his family members...fir all we know theyre really good ppl...our FO created this debacle,and theyre responding to it...doesnt make them bad guys...makes them human

baseline bum
Wonder if Leonard would be dumb enough to go to the Lakers without PG and Lebron or if that would shift his focus to 76ers or Boston. Maybe Uncle Dennis master plan is falling apart.

Maybe Uncle Dennis' plan was Philly all along and LA was just a distraction so the Spurs could feel like they're not giving Leonard what he wants.

duncan2k5
06-27-2018, 11:26 AM
Hopefully cooler heads prevail and kawhi will be a spur for life...

lmbebo
06-27-2018, 11:26 AM
Article says that Leonard doesn't want to step back into the Spurs locker room ever again as well ...

picnroll
06-27-2018, 11:27 AM
Maybe Uncle Dennis' plan was Philly all along and LA was just a distraction so the Spurs could feel like they're not giving Leonard what he wants.
Leonard for Simmons (dreaming).

NASpurs
06-27-2018, 11:27 AM
Sounds like the Lakers are desperate as hell and the Spurs have the upper hand

picnroll
06-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Delete

NASpurs
06-27-2018, 11:32 AM
Oh and the article says that PG is probably going to stay in OKC :lmao

Spurs9

Gasol back to LA? :lol

Gino20
So, if the Lakers take a bad salary for one year, they can only offer one max contract, right?

MoSpur02
Woj also states, "that the Lakers are working to acquire a future first-round pick with willingness to accept salary dumps for 2018-19 season."

2Cleva
06-27-2018, 11:35 AM
Sounds like SA hoping to get a deal done quick before FA because LA with LeBron and PG along with a clear path to sign Kawhi kills the Leonard trade market.

ernest787
06-27-2018, 11:35 AM
If the Lakers trade ball and get a 1st rounder to send to the Spurs, the question becomes which package do you like better?

Lakers – Ingram, Kuzma, Randle, picks
Philly – fultz, saric, Covington, smith, Miami pick.

picnroll
06-27-2018, 11:37 AM
PG is becoming one of my favorite players.

Sign me up for Philly – fultz, saric, Covington, smith, Miami pick.

Spurs9
06-27-2018, 11:39 AM
If the Lakers trade ball and get a 1st rounder to send to the Spurs, the question becomes which package do you like better?

Lakers, but it probably wouldn't involve Randle, isn't he a FA? Can't go wrong either way, I don't think Philly deals Smith though.

look_at_g_shred
06-27-2018, 11:40 AM

As of now we need front court depth. Especially if we can dump Gasol too..so the LAL could solve that. A lineup of White/Murray/Ingram/Kuz/Aldridge is pretty intriguing.

ernest787
06-27-2018, 11:41 AM
Lakers, but it probably wouldn't involve Randle, isn't he a FA? Can't go wrong either way, I don't think Philly deals Smith though.

Woj article seems to indicate the possibility of a sign and trade to include Randle.

DontStopBelieving
06-27-2018, 11:43 AM
Sounds like SA hoping to get a deal done quick before FA because LA with LeBron and PG along with a clear path to sign Kawhi kills the Leonard trade market.

Can the Lakers actually sign Kawhi next year with Lebron and PG on the books?

baseline bum
06-27-2018, 11:44 AM

What exactly is the clear path to sign Leonard in 2019 with LeBron and Paul George already signed in LA? They salary dump their prospects to get someone to take Deng and then LeBron says that's ok, I don't care about winning in 2018-19, you can just hold onto that cap slot for 2019-20?

picnroll
06-27-2018, 11:45 AM
Lakers will have to use their cheerleaders for the bench.

MoSpur02
06-27-2018, 11:45 AM
If they take on a salary then they only have room for two top FAs.

baseline bum
06-27-2018, 11:48 AM
If they take on a salary then they only have room for two top FAs.

They don't have room for James + George now unless they trade one of Deng, Ball, or Ingram or stretch Deng.

MoSpur02

You have it wrong. The Lakers are the ones scrambling trying to get a first round pick and willing to take on a bad contract just to try to lure the Spurs in a trade

lmbebo
Not that I want to see Lakers get him, but it would take multiple 1st round picks to convince me personally .... And some coming from teams other than the Lakers because any team with Kwahi is almost guaranteed to make the playoffs.

Mugen
06-27-2018, 11:49 AM

Fuck yeah baby, worst nightmare for Laker fan right now.

We called Magic and Rob panicking and looks like it's happening.

Sell the fucking farm, you idiots.

lmbebo
06-27-2018, 11:50 AM
They don't have room for James + George now unless they trade one of Deng, Ball, or Ingram or stretch Deng.

I think Lakers would prob have to send a pick or two with Ball just because of how much of a headache is dad is ...

MoSpur02
06-27-2018, 11:50 AM
I have never wished an injury on a player, but Kawhi on the Lakers is pushing it. :lol

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2018, 11:51 AM

Looks like a pretty shitty farm, so far:lol

Spurs9
06-27-2018, 11:51 AM
Woj article seems to indicate the possibility of a sign and trade to include Randle.

I'd be good with that, I am a fan of all 3 pieces when they played on the Lakers. If we can unload the Gasol contract, and add Randle + Ingram and Kuzma, thats a really solid team.

Mr. Body
06-27-2018, 11:52 AM

Seems like you've failed to read or understand anything in this thread.

exstatic
06-27-2018, 11:53 AM

I no longer think it's asset related. I think that PATFO sees Magic's sloppy tampering fingerprints all over this mess, and are determined not to trade him to the Lakers.

Mugen
Looks like a pretty shitty farm, so far:lol

True but the Lakers upping their offer means the other suitors will follow accordingly.

And if PG stays in OKC? The market for Kawhi just got a lot, lot better as teams will want to follow what OKC did last year.

objective
Lakers panicking making the media means one thing for sure:

The signal fire has been LIT: It's all hands on board for the media to pressure and intimidate the Spurs into dealing Kawhi

Expect a nonstop barrage from everyone from ESPN to Bleacher Report to SB Nation to SI to Yahoo to Stein and every podcast flunky to slander the Spurs and up the pressure

Expect new leaks like the 'never set foot there again' to faking an injury after looking good in camp (promoted by the Dunc'd On Podcast) to even playing nice ('Kawhi loves Pop and looks might return like LeBron to Cleveland if they let him go')

It's going to be 24/7 blitz until LeBron and George settle things

lmbebo
06-27-2018, 11:54 AM
Seems like you've failed to read or understand anything in this thread.

Looks like opposite is true. Lakers pushing to make a deal happen quickly because Lebron doesn't want to be the first/only person to join Lakers ... Lakers feel pressure to add another star to entice Lebron to join as well. Not as confident that PG will come...

baseline bum

Julian Randle? He'll be making more than Kawhi next year. No thanks, fuck that guy.

ECOV
Can't they just agree both sides fucked up

LkrFan
06-27-2018, 11:55 AM

True, but it takes two to tango. It will take a king's ransom to pry Kiwi away...but again, who is willing to give up significant assets for a 1-year rental? If I'm Ainge, I would only do a S&T or no deal. Otherwise he walks to Staples Center.

Edit: looks like Maginka is gonna sweeten the pot:

:wow

exstatic
06-27-2018, 11:56 AM

Nothing that he's done indicate that level of smarts.

coachmac87
06-27-2018, 11:57 AM
Can't they just agree both sides fucked up

Spurs are willing to do that...

djohn2oo8
06-27-2018, 11:58 AM
Leonard has been adamant that he doesn't want to step into the San Antonio locker room again, and the Spurs have been adamant that they won't be forced into a trade, or a timetable, prior to the February trading deadline, league sources said. No team talking with the Spurs about Leonard has found them to be in a rush to make a deal.

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2018, 11:59 AM
There's literally no point in reading too much into these leaks:lol

They're going to come from everywhere now..Kawhi's people, the Spurs front office, the Lakers(Ramona Shelburne, etc), LeBron's team and even OKC is probably leaking shit right now in an attempt to keep George..

TimDunkem
06-27-2018, 11:59 AM
This is going to drag out forever, isn't it?

Mr. Body
06-27-2018, 12:00 PM
Looks like opposite is true. Lakers pushing to make a deal happen quickly because Lebron doesn't want to be the first/only person to join Lakers ... Lakers feel pressure to add another star to entice Lebron to join as well. Not as confident that PG will come...

That's not what the post I am responding to said.

Mugen
06-27-2018, 12:00 PM
Leonard has been adamant that he doesn't want to step into the San Antonio locker room again, and the Spurs have been adamant that they won't be forced into a trade, or a timetable, prior to the February trading deadline, league sources said. No team talking with the Spurs about Leonard has found them to be in a rush to make a deal.

:lol link the twitter account, DJ! It's from another no-name talking head at ESPN. The narrative is definitely being pushed now by BSPN.

Kawhi staying put would be an absolute disaster for the network

LkrFan
06-27-2018, 12:02 PM

Cool with me. Give them anybody Pop wants. Just get er donePERIOD :lol

djohn2oo8
06-27-2018, 12:02 PM
:lol link the twitter account, DJ! It's from another no-name talking head at ESPN. The narrative is definitely being pushed now by BSPN.

Kawhi staying put would be an absolute disaster for the network

It's from the Adrian Woj article

MoSpur02
06-27-2018, 12:03 PM
The Spurs have to know that there is no need to rush. At All. Time is on their side. Just wait it out. They don't owe favors to anyone.

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2018, 12:03 PM
The league and its partners desperately want Kawhi to go to LA, or at the very least, Boston or Philly..Lakers would be more appealing for obvious reasons..

Their ratings held up surprisingly well after a predictable Finals, but still, they're going to need a team to eventually beat the Warriors..LeBron/Kawhi/George is probably the only chance and would be 10x bigger with the Lakers..

As objective said, the slandering is only going to get worse..

Mugen
06-27-2018, 12:07 PM
Just have to hold steady.

HIV's comments yesterday and the Woj reports this morning all indicate that Magic/Rob will go into panic mode like we've all been saying. You can wait these clowns out to get every possible asset they have to offer. Hopefully they can get some high lottery picks.

objective
06-27-2018, 12:09 PM
It's Kawhi and his idiot representatives that screwed it up

If he had a real agent who had a clue it would have been handled quietly and correctly and he'd be a Laker already.

Pop/RC has never kept a player from making more money somewhere else or from going home.

When Rodman was in debt and justifying a season long suspension with his antics, Pop sent him to Chicago where he'd win, make more in endorsements, and get everything he wanted. He shouldn't have, but Pop did that.

When Derek Anderson wanted more than the Spurs offered and couldn't get it from a capped out Portland in free agency, they did him the favor and took back a washed up Steve Smith so Anderson could get his money.

When Scola was desperate to play in the NBA with his prime slipping by, they traded him to a rival. They didn't have to. They could have kept him in Europe as punishment for badmouthing them and not taking their deal.

When they got Spanoulis back for Scola, and he cried about how he missed his mama and needed to go back to Greece, they let him go. They didn't have to, but they did.

When De Colo was the fourth string point and wanted a change, they moved him on.

When Finley was a washed up bum and losing minutes, he asked for release so he could join a 'contender'. They let him go.

When Corey Joseph was RFA and they could have forced him to play on the QO because other teams were scared off, they let him off the QO and he got himself a nice deal.

When Simmons was in the same situation, they let him go. They shouldn't have from an asset perspective. But he had never made real money at his age, and they did him the favor and let him go get money.

Spurs have ALWAYS helped players get more money or into a better situation, even when they shouldn't have, even when it hurt the team

If Kawhi wasn't a quitter who let his inexperienced vulture reps destroy the Spurs reputation and screw them preemptively, this would already be over

weebo
06-27-2018, 12:09 PM
We need to stop making assumptions about kawhi and his family members...fir all we know theyre really good ppl...our FO created this debacle,and theyre responding to it...doesnt make them bad guys...makes them human

Trade that chicken shit already :lol

Dverde
06-27-2018, 12:10 PM

Spurs going to get all they want and demand their punter like in Draft Day

lmbebo
06-27-2018, 12:11 PM
The league and its partners desperately want Kawhi to go to LA, or at the very least, Boston or Philly..Lakers would be more appealing for obvious reasons..

Their ratings held up surprisingly well after a predictable Finals, but still, they're going to need a team to eventually beat the Warriors..LeBron/Kawhi/George is probably the only chance and would be 10x bigger with the Lakers..

As objective said, the slandering is only going to get worse..

Not sure if the League likes it actually. I didn't hear it directly, but I don't think Silver likes these super teams.... It diminishes the product. If you got great players spread out with multiple teams, increased parity. Right now parity is at an all time low. He basically said the league can only do so much to prevent it. They can't control players using free agency to create there own teams, to take less money or talk to each other.

lmbebo
06-27-2018, 12:14 PM
That's not what the post I am responding to said.
Yes, I know.

gambit1990
06-27-2018, 12:15 PM
Amazing sig :lol

John B
06-27-2018, 12:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/742544891985690624/9WzdWWc0_bigger.jpg

(https://mobile.twitter.com/DonHarris4)

Plot thickens after ESPN story. So Spurs fans would you take Ingram, Kuzma, Josh Hart, 2-1st rounders, J.Randle in a sign and trade for Kawhi and salary dump of a bad contract either Pau, Danny or Patty? Looks like Lakers upping the ante. Spurs won't take bad Deng deal.

i hate sending to Lakers, but fuck this is not a bad deal at all. We get rid of Pau and not absorb Deng bad contract

Ron Swanson
06-27-2018, 12:16 PM

Good. Fuck them. We’re not under any pressure to get a damn thing done right now.

SAGirl
06-27-2018, 12:17 PM
My random opinion is that unless the Spurs get a great deal, he won't be dealt. I don't know what they consider a great deal, but it's not going to be a young player that looks iffy and hasn't panned out like Fultz.

I prefer that he stays but I don't know how he really feels. What he has said personally and it was little, was that he wanted to remain a Spur (in that interview in March).

At this point, there are many parties pushing agendas, Lebron's people, the Lakers, different "reporters" that have their own preferences, the Spurs, the Uncle, etc.

lmbebo
06-27-2018, 12:17 PM

Plot thickens after ESPN story. So Spurs fans would you take Ingram, Kuzma, Josh Hart, 2-1st rounders, J.Randle in a sign and trade for Kawhi and salary dump of a bad contract either Pau, Danny or Patty? Looks like Lakers upping the ante. Spurs won't take bad Deng deal.

i hate sending to Lakers, but fuck this is not a bad deal at all. We get rid of Pau and not absorb Deng bad contract

No.

Robz4000
06-27-2018, 12:18 PM

Fuck no on Randle (don't wanna see the Spurs max him) and Hart; don't really want Kuzma or Ingram either. Those firsts better have a good chance of being top 10 picks or I hang up.

John B
06-27-2018, 12:19 PM
The only thing is once Lakers get Kawhi, they most likely get LeBron. Fuck!!!

Mugen
06-27-2018, 12:20 PM
Two high lottery picks, Ingram, Hart, and they take back a shitty contract like Patty.

If they come to the table with that, then the Spurs should listen.

They'll have to dump Ball, Kuz, and Randle to get those picks so good luck to them. But you don't settle for anything less.

RD2191
06-27-2018, 12:21 PM
Will Kawhi stay if we sacrifice Parker to the god of pork?

objective
06-27-2018, 12:21 PM

What good is sending Pau? He's stretched after this coming season anyway, and the Spurs still lose big, don't contend anymore, and lock up their future cap with Randle? Just to make Kawhi and the Lakers happy?

phxspurfan
06-27-2018, 12:24 PM
The Spurs have to know that there is no need to rush. At All. Time is on their side. Just wait it out. They don't owe favors to anyone.

incorrect. If Leonard truly wants out / wants to go to LA (something likely only Pop knows in the FO), now if the time to do it. If we wait until next year the Lakers could have swung/missed on LeBron and their plan would be very different by the trade deadline. Also the prospects of trading for a half year rental make him much less valuable, even if he states publicly he intends to re-sign with LA if traded there.

We get the most out of him by trading him now, if that is what Leonard wants.

phxspurfan
06-27-2018, 12:24 PM
Two high lottery picks, Ingram, Hart, and they take back a shitty contract like Patty.

If they come to the table with that, then the Spurs should listen.

They'll have to dump Ball, Kuz, and Randle to get those picks so good luck to them. But you don't settle for anything less.

Why not take a lottery pick, Kuz and Ingram

BatManu20
06-27-2018, 12:26 PM
Still don’t think PATFO are going to trade Kawhi to the Lakers, no matter how sweet the pot is. I’d be shocked.

mo7888
06-27-2018, 12:27 PM

It depends on what the picks associated with the LA deal are? Is it a projected lottery pick next year? Are young players attached? For instance, if ball could net Josh Jackson plus a Phoenix 1st that would be difficult for anyone to top.

Mugen
06-27-2018, 12:27 PM
Why not take a lottery pick, Kuz and Ingram

Kuzma sucks but that might be their best offer. I still wouldn't take it unless it's an uprotected, high lottery pick.

Hell no on taking on Randle and what he's about to be paid. Fuck that.

BillMc
06-27-2018, 12:28 PM
I haven't followed Lakers at all. Ingram was a no 2 draft pick. Did he not pan out?

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2018, 12:29 PM
Not sure if the League likes it actually. I didn't hear it directly, but I don't think Silver likes these super teams.... It diminishes the product. If you got great players spread out with multiple teams, increased parity. Right now parity is at an all time low. He basically said the league can only do so much to prevent it. They can't control players using free agency to create there own teams, to take less money or talk to each other.

Maybe they won't like it for the future, but they desperately need a team to beat the Warriors right now IMO..also, the only way to break up the Warriors might be for somebody to finally beat them..have to create turmoil within their locker room, make it not worth it to take a pay cut, force ownership to want to avoid paying that colossal luxury tax bill..

A Lakers-Warriors series with those players would be the league's biggest draw in 20+ years..

RD2191
Still don’t think PATFO are going to trade Kawhi to the Lakers, no matter how sweet the pot is. I’d be shocked.

Do they have a choice? Kawhi killed his trade value when he said he'd only resign with the Lakers. Not many teams are going to gamble away their future for a season of Kawhi tbh

SAGirl
It's Kawhi and his idiot representatives that screwed it up

If he had a real agent who had a clue it would have been handled quietly and correctly and he'd be a Laker already.

Pop/RC has never kept a player from making more money somewhere else or from going home.

When Rodman was in debt and justifying a season long suspension with his antics, Pop sent him to Chicago where he'd win, make more in endorsements, and get everything he wanted. He shouldn't have, but Pop did that.

When Derek Anderson wanted more than the Spurs offered and couldn't get it from a capped out Portland in free agency, they did him the favor and took back a washed up Steve Smith so Anderson could get his money.

When Scola was desperate to play in the NBA with his prime slipping by, they traded him to a rival. They didn't have to. They could have kept him in Europe as punishment for badmouthing them and not taking their deal.

When they got Spanoulis back for Scola, and he cried about how he missed his mama and needed to go back to Greece, they let him go. They didn't have to, but they did.

When De Colo was the fourth string point and wanted a change, they moved him on.

When Finley was a washed up bum and losing minutes, he asked for release so he could join a 'contender'. They let him go.

When Corey Joseph was RFA and they could have forced him to play on the QO because other teams were scared off, they let him off the QO and he got himself a nice deal.

When Simmons was in the same situation, they let him go. They shouldn't have from an asset perspective. But he had never made real money at his age, and they did him the favor and let him go get money.

Spurs have ALWAYS helped players get more money or into a better situation, even when they shouldn't have, even when it hurt the team

If Kawhi wasn't a quitter who let his inexperienced vulture reps destroy the Spurs reputation and screw them preemptively, this would already be over

You make great points. If there is something PATFO isn't, is vindictive. They have done right by their players and those they couldn't afford to pay even when they wanted to, they encouraged to go... Boban comes to mind as a great example. Marco too.

Kawhi is different because he's a franchise player and you'd want to do everything that you can to keep him, but they wouldn't force him. I think there is a fair amount of information out there that doesn't come from either Kiwi or the Spurs...

RD2191
06-27-2018, 12:31 PM
Maybe they won't like it for the future, but they desperately need a team to beat the Warriors right now IMO..

A Lakers-Warriors series with those players would be the league's biggest draw in 20+ years..

But they're the same fans? :wow

KDKSpurs24
06-27-2018, 12:31 PM
I haven't followed Lakers at all. Ingram was a no 2 draft pick. Did he not pan out?
The dude is still progressing and when he puts some more muscle on then I feel like he’ll be a good player. But people here are trashing on him for no reason, imo. They talk about our development of players but then act like we wouldn’t be able to develop him into a really good player. His only major problem is injuries (which is a big concern) but with muscle that injury concern goes down a bit.

LakerHater
06-27-2018, 12:32 PM
So Lakers offering up the house + 2 1st rounders!!!

MoSpur02
06-27-2018, 12:32 PM
incorrect. If Leonard truly wants out / wants to go to LA (something likely only Pop knows in the FO), now if the time to do it. If we wait until next year the Lakers could have swung/missed on LeBron and their plan would be very different by the trade deadline. Also the prospects of trading for a half year rental make him much less valuable, even if he states publicly he intends to re-sign with LA if traded there.

We get the most out of him by trading him now, if that is what Leonard wants.

Not talking about waiting for the trade deadline. Talking about waiting to see what PG and LeBron do.

RD2191
06-27-2018, 12:35 PM
Fuck, will Kawhi be the most hated fan in S.A. history if he goes to the Lakers?

BillMc
06-27-2018, 12:35 PM
The dude is still progressing and when he puts some more muscle on then I feel like he’ll be a good player. But people here are trashing on him for no reason, imo. They talk about our development of players but then act like we wouldn’t be able to develop him into a really good player. His only major problem is injuries (which is a big concern) but with muscle that injury concern goes down a bit.

Cheers man. Thanks for the clarification. :toast

picnroll
06-27-2018, 12:36 PM
Short of Barry Bonds level PEDs Ingram will never put on enough muscle. He makes Durant look like Schwarzenegger.

RD2191
06-27-2018, 12:37 PM
If Kawhi really told pop he doesn't want to be in S.A. then they need to move him asap. No need to drag it out any longer and start the season with more questions than answers.

RD2191
06-27-2018, 12:37 PM
Short of Barry Bonds level PEDs Ingram will never put on enough muscle. He makes Durant look like Schwarzenegger.

:lol

LakerHater
06-27-2018, 12:39 PM
Fuck, will Kawhi be the most hated fan in S.A. history if he goes to the Lakers?

He'll pass up Yolanda Saldivar!

KDKSpurs24
Durant was the same kind of size when he first came in and don’t forget Durant only max bench pressed a measly 185 pounds when he came in. He’s probably not reaching Durant level but he’s still capable of gaining around the same weight Durant has now proportionate to his height.

HarlemHeat37

He's had 1 really good stretch in 2 seasons and is already prone to injuries..he's still a nice prospect, could be a star, but I don't see a superstar..

Ingram as a trade piece is fine, but they don't have anything else..Kuzma is your typical volume scorer with no other skills, those are the easiest players to find in the league(despite the Spurs being allergic to them:lol )

MoSpur02
06-27-2018, 12:41 PM

:lmao almost spit out my water

BillMc
He's had 1 really good stretch in 2 seasons and is already prone to injuries..he's still a nice prospect, could be a star, but I don't see a superstar..

Ingram as a trade piece is fine, but they don't have anything else..Kuzma is your typical volume scorer with no other skills, those are the easiest players to find in the league(despite the Spurs being allergic to them:lol )
:lol:bobo

SAGirl
The only thing is once Lakers get Kawhi, they most likely get LeBron. Fuck!!!
At one point, one tends to think Lebron is also pushing his own agenda. He could join the Spurs to play with Kiwi in the Spurs but he doesn't want to.

If Kiwi had a personality and wasn't injured he could have instead recruited Lebron to join him in the Spurs. As it is, he doesn't have a personality and was injured all season. It's easier for him to be the recruited than to recruit players.

People dismiss that injury like it's nothing, but it was real. He was barely able to climb some plane stairs back in October and then missed 73 games and all playoffs while being under the care of his own specialists. Even if there was an aspect that was a medical holdout, the injury itself wasn't/isn't fake.

ernest787
That's my issue with the Lakers package. It's Ingram and a bunch of garbage.

Fultz has a big issue, but when he played last year he flashed some high quality NBA skills, imo. Add that with saric, possibly smith and a draft pick and I feel ok.

lmbebo
06-27-2018, 12:42 PM
If Kawhi really told pop he doesn't want to be in S.A. then they need to move him asap. No need to drag it out any longer and start the season with more questions than answers.

Its whether they can have any meaningful discussion to work out differences. Read a lot about Pop's comments and not support Kwahi ... all of this happened before Pop ever said a word about his camp, etc. And his answers were just answers "ask his camp". Nothing deragatory about them. Spurs weren't behind the wheel at that point. They weren't even before the leak happened in January.

And no rush to trade him now just to trade him .... Doesn't help us any to do it now. Anything we get in return either puts us into lottery or more likely stuck as being a play off team without the ability to advance.

Players rule this league and our best chance for success is with Kwahi, like it or not.

RD2191
06-27-2018, 12:43 PM

:lmao :lmao

BillMc
06-27-2018, 12:45 PM
I'd love it if Kawhi, LeBron, and PG all stay, and the Lakers are forced to sign Cousins as their big acquisition over the next 2 summers.

LakerHater
06-27-2018, 12:46 PM
Boston & Philly hav made formal offers!!!!

BatManu20
06-27-2018, 12:46 PM

BillMc
06-27-2018, 12:47 PM

How do you know? What were the offers (if public)?

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2018, 12:48 PM
I find it hard to believe that George wouldn't go there, he seemed like the biggest lock..

Would ESPN really agree to document the Free Agency of a 3rd-tier star if he was just going to remain in OKC?:lol

BatManu20

ernest787
How do you know? What were the offers (if public)?

assuming he's referencing the ESPN article

LakerHater
They ndta look Kawhi in the eye & say "we hav this offer & this offer, do u really want out? Tell us to our face so we know if we should consider any of these offers!"

Reeko_Htown
06-27-2018, 12:49 PM
Pop should get Timmy to call the Lakers and tell them to get bent.

Spurs9
06-27-2018, 12:49 PM

Before the deadline is the time to do the deal, have them all bid against each other.

NASpurs
06-27-2018, 12:51 PM
You could almost taste the desperation coming from Magic and the Lakers :lol

MoSpur02
06-27-2018, 12:52 PM
If I'm the Spurs I don't run anything by Kawhi or his group. I make the trade to whoever benefits the Spurs the most. Let them find out through the media or Twitter

BatManu20
06-27-2018, 12:52 PM
That's my issue with the Lakers package. It's Ingram and a bunch of garbage.

Fultz has a big issue, but when he played last year he flashed some high quality NBA skills, imo. Add that with saric, possibly smith and a draft pick and I feel ok.

Trade Kawhi and Patty for Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, & 1st Round pick. Then offer Ball and that 1st to Philly for Fultz, a guy they were reportedly looking to trade to move into the Top 5 of this year’s draft.

You net Ingram, Kuzma, and Fultz for Kawhi while getting rid of Mills’ contract. Bada Bing bada boom. (Never happening, but I wouldn’t complain).

BillMc
06-27-2018, 12:53 PM
If I'm the Spurs I don't run anything by Kawhi or his group. I make the trade to whoever benefits the Spurs the most. Let them find out through the media or Twitter

Or Spurstalk. :lol

baseline bum
If they're going to trade with Magic at least make him give up six months of his retrovirals

Extra Stout
Amazing... the Spurs broke up LeBron’s super-team in Miami, and now it looks like they’re breaking up LeBron’s super-team in L.A. before it even forms.

Poor Magic. Did he really think he was going to get one over on Gregg Popovich?

BatManu20
06-27-2018, 12:56 PM
Lol Dick’s got jokes

Amuseddaysleeper
06-27-2018, 12:56 PM

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2018, 12:58 PM
Trade Kawhi and Patty for Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, & 1st Round pick. Then offer Ball and that 1st to Philly for Fultz, a guy they were reportedly looking to trade to move into the Top 5 of this year’s draft.

You net Ingram, Kuzma, and Fultz for Kawhi while getting rid of Mills’ contract. Bada Bing bada boom. (Never happening, but I wouldn’t complain).

I'd rather have the Lakers trade Lonzo on their own before taking that risk..

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2018, 01:00 PM
I hope Pop is in a good place, right now..

The attacks are going to come harder, the Spurs are going to need him to present a strong anti-Trump rant, it'll put ESPN and the rest of the NBA media in a difficult position, they won't be able to stay mad at him..

NASpurs
06-27-2018, 01:00 PM
Hopefully Boston feels confident that if they do trade for Leonard, they can retain him by showing him a good year. In the process, they can screw over the Lakers and the Sixers.

So Boston better start talking by giving up Tatum. It's Ainge vs Magic right now.

picnroll
06-27-2018, 01:01 PM

I’m guessing the Spurs part of the report “@Spurs adamant nothing/no one will force a trade upon them before next February's trade deadline” is a response to Uncle Dennis to piss off.

daslicer
06-27-2018, 01:01 PM

:lol Adamant more like his Uncle is adamant about Kawhi not stepping inside the Spurs locker room. These media whores are so desperate for Kawhi to be a Laker that it's now starting too become real funny. Next we will be hearing about how Kawhi hates how the Spurs don't have Xboxes in the locker room.

vander
06-27-2018, 01:03 PM
wow, looks like that tendinosis might just flare up again

Leetonidas
Lol. This retards uncle is going to cost him 2 years of playing time and 80 million dollars :lmao

BatManu20
I'd rather have the Lakers trade Lonzo on their own before taking that risk..

If you can get all 3 of Ingram, Kuzma, and Lonzo in a deal for Kawhi, you do it. Plenty of teams out there that would trade for him and you’d net another asset, whether it be a young player, a lottery pick, or both.

daslicer
06-27-2018, 01:04 PM

The attacks are going to come harder, the Spurs are going to need him to present a strong anti-Trump rant, it'll put ESPN and the rest of the NBA media in a difficult position, they won't be able to stay mad at him..

:lol I could actually see that happening.

phxspurfan
Magic is right if Kawhi is dead-set on going to LA. Magic can just wait it out.

NASpurs
wow, looks like that tendinosis might just flare up again

illusioNtEk
You could almost taste the desperation coming from Magic and the Lakers :lol

RD2191
06-27-2018, 01:05 PM

Extra Stout
06-27-2018, 01:06 PM
Waiting for the next media narrative about how the Spurs’ retaining a player they have under contract is “holding him hostage.” When they’re really desperate, they’ll compare Pop to a plantation slave master.

gambit1990
06-27-2018, 01:07 PM
well if spurs aren't trading kawhi and kawhi doesn't want to be with the spurs... if i'm la i'm really wanting out.

RD2191
06-27-2018, 01:09 PM
Waiting for the next media narrative about how the Spurs’ retaining a player they have under contract is “holding him hostage.” When they’re really desperate, they’ll compare Pop to a plantation slave master.

Found Harlem's burner tbh

Extra Stout
06-27-2018, 01:11 PM
Magic is right if Kawhi is dead-set on going to LA. Magic can just wait it out.
If Kawhi really is willing to pay $80 million for the privilege of playing in Los Angeles, more power to him.

Frankly, I don’t think he or his team are willing to do that. The Spurs don’t think they are either, and have called their bluff. Thus all the Sturm und Drang in the media. The Master Plan to join LeBron, PG13, and Kawhi in L.A. has imploded.

Sorry, Magic.

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2018, 01:11 PM

That would be their best move, tbh..if Pop is convinced to feel white guilt, he'll immediately trade Kawhi to the Lakers..

BillMc
06-27-2018, 01:12 PM
well if spurs aren't trading kawhi and kawhi doesn't want to be with the spurs... if i'm la i'm really wanting out.

And people thought there would be a leadership vacuum after Tim retired. Every year since the 2 franchise players have asked out.

phxspurfan
06-27-2018, 01:13 PM
If you can get all 3 of Ingram, Kuzma, and Lonzo in a deal for Kawhi, you do it. Plenty of teams out there that would trade for him and you’d net another asset, whether it be a young player, a lottery pick, or both.

word in this thread is all theyre offering is ingram/trash and possibly a pick but maybe the pick isn't even lottery/protected 1st. So basically a trash offer

phxspurfan
06-27-2018, 01:15 PM
If Kawhi really is willing to pay $80 million for the privilege of playing in Los Angeles, more power to him.

Frankly, I don’t think he or his team are willing to do that. The Spurs don’t think they are either, and have called their bluff. Thus all the Sturm und Drang in the media. The Master Plan to join LeBron, PG13, and Kawhi in L.A. has imploded.

Sorry, Magic.

At this point it doesn't seem really like it's Kawhi who 100% wants this. Seems like dude just wants to ball. It's his relatives (family) who are from there. Family always wants you to go back to home/where theyre most comfortable living. Even at a huge financial/career cost (80 mill or whatever in this case, and 12% state income tax)

NickiRasgo
06-27-2018, 01:15 PM
I don't really want LA's pieces but hopefully there's third-team involved. Any realistic options you can suggest? Just for the discussion.

ducks
06-27-2018, 01:16 PM
nba radio said leonard does not want to go to la if james goes there

Amuseddaysleeper
06-27-2018, 01:17 PM

NickiRasgo
06-27-2018, 01:21 PM

Then LeBron signs with the Spurs then the Spurs traded Kawhi for some good pieces. :toast

Spurs9
06-27-2018, 01:21 PM

So many possibilities :lol So a package from Philly/Boston goes up if thats true and Lebron goes there. I wonder if they already know what a final package from those teams could be and what it is if he decides to stay. Imagine if we traded Kawhi before free agency and then Lebron decides to sign with SA. :lol

BillMc
06-27-2018, 01:22 PM

So the Spurs are now actively talking to Lakers?

BatManu20
06-27-2018, 01:23 PM
IF we were to make a deal with LA, I could see Danny being included. Lebron would sign off on it (they’ve been good friends for years) and he’d give them a solid 3&D option beside Lebron and Kawhi. He’s also Kawhi’s best friend on the team. Just food for thought.