PDA

View Full Version : Benson denies any report about moving saints to san antonio

rayray2k8
10-21-2005, 02:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2199828

Will Tom Benson take the Saints out of New Orleans for good?

The Saints' owner plans to void his lease agreement for the Louisiana Superdome, the San Antonio Expresss-News reported Friday, citing unusability.

The move likely would pave the way for a permanent relocation to San Antonio, the Saints' interim home.

Benson, who has had a tumultuous relationship with New Orleans and Louisiana, denied Friday that any decision has been made.

"I would like to make it clear that no decisions have been made regarding our future plans and none will be made until after the 2005 season is concluded," he said.

"There are many factors that will affect the future location of our team. However, that is also true of many other New Orleans-based companies that are faced with deciding their future homes. The next few months should provide all of us with a clearer picture which will help us make those decisions."

While San Antonio public officials have been preparing for the possibility of receiving the Saints, Mayor Phil Hardberger told the paper he's following Benson's lead.

"Tom has made it clear he really doesn't want to enter negotiations until the end of the season, and I respect that," Hardberger said Thursday.

Negotiations between San Antonio officials and the Saints reportedly are planned for early next year.

Superdome officials said Thursday that the stadium should be largely cleaned up from Hurricane Katrina and ready for the New Orleans Saints to play at least some of their games there in 2006.

rayray2k8
10-21-2005, 02:43 PM
In my opinion i think benson is just playing it safe.. and then he'll screw somebody, wheither its us or N.O by early next year.

Vashner
10-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Actually it sounded like.. since it came 2 days after he fired 2 people that talked about moving back to L.A..... that he was denying going back to LA.. not denying coming to SA.

Listen to the words "no one speaks for me".. and he just fired 2 .. speakers...

Do the math..