PDA

View Full Version : It hurts

FkLA
06-15-2018, 01:24 PM
It's been approximately 162 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the minutes progress as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But here I am, in the middle of my lunch break trying to eat, and all that I can see are memories of Kawhichael replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have five championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Playoffs would have been seen as a great success. Hell, going over .500, I thought beating GS once was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be a playoff team without Kawhi, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it will continue to haunt me.

Hopefully the World Cup will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.

FkLA
06-15-2018, 01:24 PM
why Kawhi why :cry

MaNu4Tres
06-15-2018, 01:26 PM
Tried telling you. :toast

daslicer
06-15-2018, 01:26 PM
why Kawhi why :cry

Blame it on him being autistic.

RD2191
06-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Tried telling you. :toast

I've been saying it for years. Only makes sense that he'd want to play for a Cali team.

FkLA
06-15-2018, 01:31 PM
Not only will there be no LeGOAT or Kawhichael but both are going to the fucking Lakers. That's some depressing shit, man.

:depressed

K...
06-15-2018, 01:36 PM
But no more jabaris at least

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2018, 01:36 PM
I've been saying it for years. Only makes sense that he'd want to play for a Cali team.
Shoutout to you man. been getting shit by PATFO fluffers but they didn't listen.

Knew this would happen after last offseason.

Patty Mills literally ended this franchise. It's time for Drunkford to walk

r0drig0lac
06-15-2018, 03:09 PM
It's been approximately 162 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the minutes progress as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But here I am, in the middle of my lunch break trying to eat, and all that I can see are memories of Kawhichael replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have five championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Playoffs would have been seen as a great success. Hell, going over .500, I thought beating GS once was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be a playoff team without Kawhi, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it will continue to haunt me.

Hopefully the World Cup will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.
since you do not hope for Argentina, because you know that when it comes to wc, Messi will not deliver

Darius Bieber
06-15-2018, 03:18 PM
It'll hurt even more when the Spurs become one of the worst teams in the West. At least this place will be better - no more Spur unrealistic homers in here.

davidbowie
06-15-2018, 03:28 PM
i seriously cant believe this is happening.

the final nail in the coffin for the big 3 era. pop will be gone in a couple years manu retired tony who knows

kawhi on some LAKERS super team (THE FUCKIN LAKERS) ughhh

basketball sucks

pad300
06-15-2018, 03:28 PM
Shoutout to you man. been getting shit by PATFO fluffers but they didn't listen.

Knew this would happen after last offseason.

Patty Mills literally ended this franchise. It's time for Drunkford to walk

Your blaming Mills for this, not the pussy medical holdout punk?!? Sure, Mills has a bad contract. Ain't his fault his teammate is a pussy autist...

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2018, 04:48 PM
Your blaming Mills for this, not the pussy medical holdout punk?!? Sure, Mills has a bad contract. Ain't his fault his teammate is a pussy autist...
This is Drunkford's fault and only his. From roster construction to hiring unqualified medical staff. This falls on him. Wouldn't be surprised if those doctors aren't really doctors, they're just his friends.

RD2191
06-15-2018, 04:49 PM
This is Drunkford's fault and only his. From roster construction to hiring unqualified medical staff. This falls on him. Wouldn't be surprised if those doctors aren't really doctors, they're just his friends.

:lol

Xevious
06-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Everyone with a shred of common sense had all year for this to sink in. Nobody should be "hurt".

Vic Petro
06-15-2018, 05:04 PM
Everyone with a shred of common sense had all year for this to sink in. Nobody should be "hurt".

YGWHI
06-15-2018, 07:12 PM
So rare...I thought if the Spurs and Kawhi woudnt agree on an extension I'd be immensely sad but I'm so excited right now.

Can't wait to know where he will play, if he can stay healthy and reach an MVP level again, what pieces the Spurs will get for him, if LeBron thinks Pop feels bad and tries to make him happy joining the Spurs....

IDK I'm thinking about crazy possibilities...

Spurtacular
06-15-2018, 07:15 PM
.4 was worse. Cost the Spurs a threepeat. Combine with the Manu foul, it cost us back to back to back to back to back. Spurs can actually rebuild maybe better without Kawhi, tbh.

Spurtacular
06-15-2018, 07:16 PM
So rare...I thought if the Spurs and Kawhi woudnt agree on an extension I'd be immensely sad but I'm so excited right now.

Can't wait to know where he will play, if he can stay healthy and reach an MVP level again, what pieces the Spurs will get for him, if LeBron thinks Pop feels bad and tries to make him happy joining the Spurs....

:lol Today's player fan.

FkLA
06-15-2018, 07:26 PM

If you're a Spurs fan Kawhi is dead to you after today.

If you're a Kawhi fan, then carry on.

YGWHI
06-15-2018, 07:38 PM
If you're a Spurs fan Kawhi is dead to you after today.

If you're a Kawhi fan, then carry on.

That works for you, not for me.

I still wish him the best wherever he plays, at the same time I root for the Spurs like always do. And will root for them next season, and next, till death.

If you think you're a bigger Spurs' fan than me just because I don't hate him or want him to die..Well, you're wrong.

blizz
06-15-2018, 07:54 PM
I hope he never plays a full season again and never gets back to how he was. That’s just me. Fuck that dude.

RD2191
06-15-2018, 07:55 PM

I still wish him the best wherever he plays, at the same time I root for the Spurs like always do. And will root for them next season, and next, till death.

If you think you're a bigger Spurs' fan than me just because I don't hate him or want him to die..Well, you're wrong.

Tbh

FkLA
06-15-2018, 07:58 PM
Don't ever speak to me on this forum again, motherfuckers. Both of y'all are as dead to me as Kawhi is.

RD2191
06-15-2018, 08:05 PM
Don't ever speak to me on this forum again, motherfuckers. Both of y'all are as dead to me as Kawhi is.

:lmao I'll see you in Mexico

urunobili
06-15-2018, 08:31 PM
Parker nailed the final blow with the 100 times worse thing

RD2191
06-15-2018, 08:34 PM
Parker nailed the final blow with the 100 times worse thing

Tbh

Gibbz
06-15-2018, 08:35 PM
If an off-hand comment is enough to send him off the cliff then he wasn't going to lead the Spurs to any more Chips anyway.

urunobili
06-15-2018, 08:38 PM
If an off-hand comment is enough to send him off the cliff then he wasn't going to lead the Spurs to any more Chips anyway.

It’s never one thing. That one sealed the fate. It basically put him in a no win situation that the media has been portraying as “irreparable”’

dbestpro
06-15-2018, 08:48 PM
Leonard is the tin man, the scarecrow, and the cowardly lion all rolled into one with no wizard in site.

tholdren
06-15-2018, 09:05 PM

But damn.

So getting someone who is not a spur to not be a spur is depressing? Man life is rough.

tholdren
06-15-2018, 09:06 PM

Youre an idiot . That is all. Change your avatar dummy

YGWHI
06-15-2018, 11:05 PM
Youre an idiot . That is all. Change your avatar dummy
Nah...I'll keep it just to bother you!

Play Boban
06-15-2018, 11:07 PM

But damn.

:lol