PDA

View Full Version : Something doesn't seem right...

duncan2k5
06-17-2018, 06:34 PM
1. Nothing has ever officially come from the Kawhi camp or the Spurs camp...and when it has, it was positive

2. ESPN is in L.A.

3. the media definitely wants Kawhi gone... And their reporting has been very skewed and assumptions were presented as fact...

4. It reminds me of when Fox News said George Bush won the presidency, and the other media outlets ran with it although afterwards we saw that all the votes from Florida weren't counted yet... And that Gore seemingly won it... But the presidency was already called... My theory is that ESPN (in LA) decided to pull a fox News and say Kawhi wants a trade to LA... Even though this was never mentioned to the Spurs or anyone else in particular... Think about it... NO ONE knows the source of the story... ESPN randomly said it after things seemed to be looking up for Kawhi resigning

hooperflash
06-17-2018, 06:36 PM
I didn’t wanna say anything, but I might’ve ran into Kawhi in an aisle at H-E-B

noles1983
06-17-2018, 06:41 PM
I didn’t wanna say anything, but I might’ve ran into Kawhi in an aisle at H-E-B

Was he in the feminine hygiene aisle getting tampons?

bbarry
06-17-2018, 06:42 PM
ESPN headquarters is in Bristol, CT.

BSfromTX
06-17-2018, 06:46 PM
1. Nothing has ever officially come from the Kawhi camp or the Spurs camp...and when it has, it was positive

2. ESPN is in L.A.

3. the media definitely wants Kawhi gone... And their reporting has been very skewed and assumptions were presented as fact...

4. It reminds me of when Fox News said George Bush won the presidency, and the other media outlets ran with it although afterwards we saw that all the votes from Florida weren't counted yet... And that Gore seemingly won it... But the presidency was already called... My theory is that ESPN (in LA) decided to pull a fox News and say Kawhi wants a trade to LA... Even though this was never mentioned to the Spurs or anyone else in particular... Think about it... NO ONE knows the source of the story... ESPN randomly said it after things seemed to be looking up for Kawhi resigning

Media is rarely trustworthy and almost never when it comes to politics.

Kawhis camp could easily clear things up quickly, but that doesn’t seem to be their concern

SuperCam
06-17-2018, 06:56 PM
:cry asswiper2k5 reporting for duty :cry

Leetonidas
06-17-2018, 06:57 PM
Failed on your first sentence. Whose camp do you think is leaking the trade request? :rolleyes

Spur|n|Austin
06-17-2018, 07:02 PM
SportsCenter is LA, not ESPN.

xtremesteven33
06-17-2018, 07:26 PM
The denial stage :lol

Chillen
06-17-2018, 07:28 PM
It seems like most of this is media driven hyperbole and to a degree there has to be some truth to it. Until Pop, RC or Kawhi himself publicly come out and say Kawhi is gone I will hold out hope this gets resolved somehow.

coachmac87
06-17-2018, 07:36 PM
Kawhi wants out....we need to stop denying it.

The only thing for certain is he and his group have butchered this entire thing. Stephen A Smith hit the nail on the head on his radio show..Kawhi needs to man up and stop being scared or make it seem there’s more to it. He doesn’t like San Antonio...he wants to be in LA.

I mean we still don’t know what his “injury diagnosis” was or is. If it’s not tendonopathy what kept him out 73 games? That’s the question that hasn’t been answered or ignored. That must be answered before any extension or trade takes place..but weasel your way out of the most respected franchise in the league isn’t gonna be good in the long run.

Just man up and keep it real....PATFO and the fan base deserves that

FkLA
06-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Shams isn't ESPN. Woj is, but has a strong reputation to uphold. If both those guys are reporting it then it isn't baseless. It's likely coming directly from Kawhi's handlers/vultures. You're in denial.

BD24
06-17-2018, 07:55 PM
:lol

jmard5
06-17-2018, 07:59 PM

Yeah, nothing official from Kawhi's camp. Just underhand tactics using media and Jabari Parker.

buttsR4rebounding
06-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Just for the record MSNBC called Florida for Gore before the Florida panhandle vote was counted-a Bush stronghold. Subsequent recounts increased the winning margin for Bush each of 3 times.

benefactor
06-17-2018, 08:16 PM
The denial stage :lol

Play Boban
06-17-2018, 08:17 PM
OP is making up shit about the 2000 election. :lol. Still butthurt I guess. :lol

absoloot66
06-17-2018, 08:19 PM
Lebron to Spurs chatter was getting too hot...PATFO needed to tamp that shit down ASAP.

CIA POP, tbh:wakeup

:downspin:

alpha_HaZE
06-17-2018, 08:21 PM

2. ESPN is in L.A.

They most likely have done their part on making this the story is has became. But, Kawhi did ask for a trade. That's such a Kobe thing to do, but it also makes sense. I don't really think he wants to play with LA.

Brazil
06-17-2018, 08:37 PM

:lol

spurs10
06-17-2018, 08:39 PM
I didn’t wanna say anything, but I might’ve ran into Kawhi in an aisle at H-E-B Was it by the molasses? Hope you didn't try to give him your daughter.

spurs10
06-17-2018, 08:41 PM
Shams isn't ESPN. Woj is, but has a strong reputation to uphold. If both those guys are reporting it then it isn't baseless. It's likely coming directly from Kawhi's handlers/vultures. You're in denial.
Woj later that day said that no one had officially asked the Spurs for a trade.

dbestpro
06-17-2018, 09:34 PM
You mean that the media might not tell the truth?

r0drig0lac
06-18-2018, 06:16 AM
Kawhi wants out....we need to stop denying it.

The only thing for certain is he and his group have butchered this entire thing. Stephen A Smith hit the nail on the head on his radio show..Kawhi needs to man up and stop being scared or make it seem there’s more to it. He doesn’t like San Antonio...he wants to be in LA.

I mean we still don’t know what his “injury diagnosis” was or is. If it’s not tendonopathy what kept him out 73 games? That’s the question that hasn’t been answered or ignored. That must be answered before any extension or trade takes place..but weasel your way out of the most respected franchise in the league isn’t gonna be good in the long run.

Just man up and keep it real....PATFO and the fan base deserves that

you're absolutely correct except for the bold part.
If Kawhi somehow joins Lebron and PG13 in any franchise (if healthy), they will become legends, sweeping the so-called "most stacked team of history" and no one will be able to do anything to stop it.

polandprzem
06-18-2018, 06:26 AM

2. ESPN is in L.A.

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

Spurtacular
06-18-2018, 06:38 AM
OP is making up shit about the 2000 election. :lol. Still butthurt I guess. :lol

:lol Al Gore wanted to only recount selected Dem counties.

baseline bum
06-18-2018, 06:38 AM
Woj later that day said that no one had officially asked the Spurs for a trade.

Because Uncle Dennis is a chickenshit

DMC
06-18-2018, 06:45 AM

2. ESPN is in L.A.

This is a lot of text to say "wait and see".

AFBlue
06-18-2018, 07:18 AM
This isn't a media fabrication. It's Kawhi's group playing games and trying to orchestrate his exit to a preferred destination through the media.

duncan2k5
06-18-2018, 09:44 AM
Failed on your first sentence. Whose camp do you think is leaking the trade request? :rolleyes

That's my point... It may not have even been leaked... It may be complete speculation... They would have to have had a source... And they never did... Woj never said who or how he heard it... He simply said it... And the Spurs completely denied even having such a request... And Kawhi's camp has been fairly consistent in not saying anything to the media... Not even the positive things... They have just been letting people talk for the most part

duncan2k5
06-18-2018, 09:47 AM
This isn't a media fabrication. It's Kawhi's group playing games and trying to orchestrate his exit to a preferred destination through the media.

If that was the case, Woj would simply say THEY told him so... But he never once cited the source of his claim... He simply stated it as fact... Fishy how this 180 came about out of nowhere... Even after seeing how positively talks were going for the Spurs

baseline bum
06-18-2018, 09:51 AM
If that was the case, Woj would simply say THEY told him so... But he never once cited the source of his claim... He simply stated it as fact... Fishy how this 180 came about out of nowhere... Even after seeing how positively talks were going for the Spurs

What talks? Leonard refusing to meet Pop is talks going positively?

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-18-2018, 09:54 AM

Dude, you're semen shielding a snake and a fraud. Stop it and support your team. Front of the jersey.

duncan2k5
06-18-2018, 09:55 AM
What talks? Leonard refusing to meet Pop is talks going positively?

I meant reports... Not talks... And they agreed to meet... Just not by himself... That's very different from refusing to meet... All the reports that were coming out were saying Kawhi was expected to sign the contract... He was in constant talk with pop and the Spurs the past several weeks, etc... Then almost with desperation, ESPN out of Los Angeles drops this story with no sources? GTFOH

toki9
06-18-2018, 09:57 AM
Even after seeing how positively talks were going for the Spurs

I'm guessing that your'e referring to the leaks about how Kawhi was amenable to a supermax contract...but if that's the case, you want to believe that leak, but not others? Kind of cherrypicking which leaks to believe, aren't you?

lmbebo
06-18-2018, 10:02 AM
its middle school gossip tactics.

LMA at least was direct enough to voice his issues. Kwahi/group is playing silly games.

Almost feels by extension :

http://puresweatbasketball.com/ps-blog/the-disease-of-me/

His group more than Kwahi by all accounts.

baseline bum
06-18-2018, 10:03 AM
I meant reports... Not talks... And they agreed to meet... Just not by himself... That's very different from refusing to meet... All the reports that were coming out were saying Kawhi was expected to sign the contract... He was in constant talk with pop and the Spurs the past several weeks, etc... Then almost with desperation, ESPN out of Los Angeles drops this story with no sources? GTFOH

Everything Leonard has done for the past few months had indicated he is gone. One report Uncle Dennis leaked saying he really did want to be back doesn't undo that. :lol

offset formation
06-18-2018, 10:05 AM
Just for the record MSNBC called Florida for Gore before the Florida panhandle vote was counted-a Bush stronghold. Subsequent recounts increased the winning margin for Bush each of 3 times.

Lol. And old Jewish liberals voted for Pat Buchanan.

polandprzem
06-18-2018, 10:07 AM
Thing is, that there still is no legit info on the situation. But the situation itself is strange. Lack of legit info is strange. The group and uncle thing is strange.

He wants out. Himself saying he wants to stay in San Antonio. What has changed since that interview? Jalen saying it was long ago he wants out. Well damn - is that some kind of game?

Russ
06-18-2018, 10:14 AM
In the age of Dan Gilbert and Levar, you have the most tight-mouthed star in history dealing with the most tight-lipped organization in history. It's a silent staredown.

That's why it seems strange.

DaBears
06-18-2018, 10:22 AM
All i want to say would be this has gone on far too long and been blown way out of proportion in either direction and there would be such a cloud of doubt if he were to resign. Too damage no matter who's to blame has been done at this point.. I just feel for the SPURS fan who supports the team, because you never get equal value in return when these things occur. And we might see the end of an era all together. Pop tenure coming to an end, TP leaving Manu leaving and now KL.. Spurs are going back to early to mid 90's Spurs team. Does anyone recall a marquee player on the roster outside of DR, neither do I...

cutewizard
06-18-2018, 12:12 PM
you're absolutely correct except for the bold part.
If Kawhi somehow joins Lebron and PG13 in any franchise (if healthy), they will become legends, sweeping the so-called "most stacked team of history" and no one will be able to do anything to stop it.

GS has the edge still.......

duncan2k5
06-18-2018, 12:18 PM
its middle school gossip tactics.

LMA at least was direct enough to voice his issues. Kwahi/group is playing silly games.

Almost feels by extension :

http://puresweatbasketball.com/ps-blog/the-disease-of-me/

His group more than Kwahi by all accounts.

LMA DIDNT vouce his issues...wtf are u talking about?? he and Pop ONLY talked AFTER no one wanted him in a trade

DPG21920
06-18-2018, 12:20 PM
LMA DIDNT vouce his issues...wtf are u talking about?? he and Pop ONLY talked AFTER no one wanted him in a trade

That is incorrect.

lmbebo
06-18-2018, 12:20 PM

He was more quiet about it and willing to sit with Kwahi.

Kwahi is just avoiding everyone

rjv
06-18-2018, 01:02 PM

2. ESPN is in L.A.

i leave the country for 8 days and come back to this madness. i actually posted on another thread about how jabari young last night didn't even back up his own report all that categorically and then went on a rant about all pop has to do is iron it all out with kawhi and his mom and uncle and then leonard would stay.

r0drig0lac
06-18-2018, 03:02 PM
GS has the edge still.......

no way

duncan2k5
06-19-2018, 12:47 PM
That is incorrect.

Dude... LMA was disgruntled the entire season and didn't give a reason for wanting to be traded... Everything happened afterwards in terms of him and Pop talking... And when no one wanted him, they hashed it out

John B
06-19-2018, 01:42 PM
LMA gave up last years playoffs, maybe to emphasize that the system didn’t work for him and couldn’t wait for the season to end to get out. He had his talk, Pop tweaked the system to get him touches and he balled last season. I respect him for carrying the team to the playoffs but he’s no soldier like DRob, TD, Manu and Parker. But I guess Spurs fans are spoiled because of that and we expect too much from our Spurs players. I’m not gonna judge Kawhi until it comes from him that he wants out. I still believe he wants to stay a Spur but pressured by his father-image Uncle Dennis and the family was grateful. I’d say pay the guy and fire because he’s an amateur and doesn’t know what he’s doing. Pops and the players will get through to Kawhi I’m sure.

daslicer
06-19-2018, 01:58 PM
LMA gave up last years playoffs, maybe to emphasize that the system didn’t work for him and couldn’t wait for the season to end to get out. He had his talk, Pop tweaked the system to get him touches and he balled last season. I respect him for carrying the team to the playoffs but he’s no soldier like DRob, TD, Manu and Parker. But I guess Spurs fans are spoiled because of that and we expect too much from our Spurs players. I’m not gonna judge Kawhi until it comes from him that he wants out. I still believe he wants to stay a Spur but pressured by his father-image Uncle Dennis and the family was grateful. I’d say pay the guy and fire because he’s an amateur and doesn’t know what he’s doing. Pops and the players will get through to Kawhi I’m sure.

I do believe his uncle is the one responsible for all of this but the problem is removing his uncle from this situation.

John B
06-19-2018, 02:14 PM
Yup I think Spurs fans should send the message out there that we are in support of Kawhi, but he needs to get himself out of Uncle Dennis clutches because he is misrepresenting him

DAF86
06-19-2018, 02:18 PM
They guy is suddenly 100% just in time for trade talks. Damn right, something doesn't seem right. :lol

daslicer
06-19-2018, 02:18 PM
Yup I think Spurs fans should send the message out there that we are in support of Kawhi, but he needs to get himself out of Uncle Dennis clutches because he is misrepresenting him

The problem is he views his uncle as his father. I just can't see him turning on his uncle.

John B
06-19-2018, 02:26 PM
Uncle Dennis is not the first relative who tried to meddle on their son/daughter professional career. It’s obvious Uncle Dennis action or lack off shows he’s amateur and inexperienced. The family should see what a circus he has created and just let him go. Hey there’s a time to be grateful for all the things that his done, family but he’s not the best for job. Not because I’m a Spurs fan but everyone agrees this was not handled professionally, heck even Charles Barkley :lol

daslicer
06-19-2018, 02:29 PM
Uncle Dennis is not the first relative who tried to meddle on their son/daughter professional career. It’s obvious Uncle Dennis action or lack off shows he’s amateur and inexperienced. The family should see what a circus he has created and just let him go. Hey there’s a time to be grateful for all the things that his done, family but he’s not the best for job. Not because I’m a Spurs fan but everyone agrees this was not handled professionally, heck even Charles Barkley :lol

I wonder when Kawhi's dad got murdered if Kawhi's family was struggling financially and if Uncle Dennis stepped in to provide them some financial relief. If that's the case then I can see why Kawhi would feel obligated to him granted I still don't agree with it.

John B
06-19-2018, 02:38 PM
Uncle Dennis is potentially going to cost Kawhi 80mil, not to mention his good image. Kawhi will be branded greedy, ungrateful to the Spurs organization who helped nurture him to the player he is now. Heck Uncle Dennis should realize this if he truly cares for his nephew.

baseline bum
06-19-2018, 02:50 PM
I do believe his uncle is the one responsible for all of this but the problem is removing his uncle from this situation.

SAS has been reporting for months that Uncle Dennis is the problem.

toki9
06-19-2018, 02:56 PM
Uncle Dennis is potentially going to cost Kawhi 80mil, not to mention his good image. Kawhi will be branded greedy, ungrateful to the Spurs organization who helped nurture him to the player he is now. Heck Uncle Dennis should realize this if he truly cares for his nephew.

Damage to Kawhi's image won't last if he and his team start winning...Kobe is probably the gold standard when it comes to this...besides, outside of San Antonio (and the teams with San Antonio ties), most everyone is happy to see San Antonio suffer as some sort of comeuppance for the organization's supposed arrogance when it was winning (I believe that's also called professional jealousy)...i think Tom Ziller's article on the death of San Antonio "Mystique" ( https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/6/17/17472006/spurs-mystique-dead-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-gregg-popovich-tim-duncan ) is just a mild sampling of this barely-suppressed glee...

Here is something David Griffin said on XM Radio yesterday (emphasis mine): "San Antonio is not into media frenzy. Until they have a conversation with Kawhi Leonard and he looks Coach Popovich and RC Buford in the eye and says, ‘Guys, I want out,’ none of this means anything. It really doesn’t. It’s a lot of fun to talk about. It’s a fascinating story. It’s wonderful, in some ways, that they’re now part of that media frenzy. But what makes them special is that they’ve ignored the noise for 21 years! They didn’t forget how to do that just because there’s some scuttlebutt out there." He's being nice, but he's basically saying, "Finally the Spurs will have to deal with all the BS that the rest of the league have had to deal with. Let's see how they do now."

daslicer
06-19-2018, 03:32 PM
SAS has been reporting for months that Uncle Dennis is the problem.

Yup I have believed it also for months his uncle was behind all of this.

BD24
06-19-2018, 03:44 PM
Just saw this :lol

offset formation
06-19-2018, 06:27 PM

Fake fucking news.

You are one asshurt Kawhi playerfan.

offset formation
06-19-2018, 06:29 PM
Dude... LMA was disgruntled the entire season and didn't give a reason for wanting to be traded... Everything happened afterwards in terms of him and Pop talking... And when no one wanted him, they hashed it out

Also false. It had nothing to do with people or wanting him. In fact, the Trailblazers were reportedly interested in having him back, per reports ar the time. It had everything to do with Pop not being willing to tradehim for less than he thought he could get. See the Pop quote about trading him for Durant.

offset formation
06-19-2018, 06:31 PM

Either way it's on Kawhi. Even if it's the uncle, Kawhi gave him agency. Fuck Kawhi. Not sure when we will fully cut the cord on giving that fool any credit. He doesn't deserve any.

ElNono
06-19-2018, 07:06 PM
OP's brain is all fucked up, tbh

tholdren
06-19-2018, 07:07 PM
OP's brain is all fucked up, tbh

Irony

daslicer
06-19-2018, 07:32 PM
Either way it's on Kawhi. Even if it's the uncle, Kawhi gave him agency. Fuck Kawhi. Not sure when we will fully cut the cord on giving that fool any credit. He doesn't deserve any.

I agree with you that it ultimately falls on Kawhi's shoulders. Unfortunately I do think Kawhi is retarded with some social illness ala Asperger, autism so I don't see the cord being cut anytime soon.

ElNono
06-19-2018, 07:34 PM
Irony

oh look, the old faggot 'pro troll' :lol

tholdren
06-19-2018, 09:45 PM

Triggered again. Sad to be you

duncan2k5
06-20-2018, 05:12 AM
Ppl blaming his uncle when no credible source has ever actually attributed any quote or decision to him... Ppl just assume... Beware of the media...

duncan2k5
06-20-2018, 05:14 AM
Also false. It had nothing to do with people or wanting him. In fact, the Trailblazers were reportedly interested in having him back, per reports ar the time. It had everything to do with Pop not being willing to tradehim for less than he thought he could get. See the Pop quote about trading him for Durant.

No shit... If ppl offer scraps for you, they don't really want you... That was my point... It's only AFTER he couldn't get traded that the talks haooened

LkrFan
06-20-2018, 05:46 AM
Was he in the feminine hygiene aisle getting tampons?

:lmao

LkrFan
06-20-2018, 05:48 AM

Yeah, she does exude a lot of femininity. Not that there's anything wrong with that :lol