PDA

View Full Version : Who's available around the number one pick?

DAF86
06-18-2018, 06:26 PM

HarlemHeat37
06-18-2018, 06:27 PM
I hear Gambling Podcast is the new Woj/Shams..

Spur|n|Austin
06-18-2018, 06:36 PM
Is the other possible asset, Devin Booker? :lol

RD2191
06-18-2018, 06:36 PM
Is the other possible asset, Devin Booker? :lol

:lobt2:

ducks
06-18-2018, 06:40 PM
the big man that played for the wildcats

Leetonidas
06-18-2018, 06:41 PM
Who would you guys rather take - Ayton/Doncic/Bagley/Porter/someone else

coachmac87
06-18-2018, 06:46 PM
Doncic is by far the most NBA ready...

Euroleage MVP at 18? Youngest ever...

Can shoot, pass, has good handle, athleticism isn’t the best

DPG21920
06-18-2018, 06:49 PM
Doncic
Ayton

Don’t care about anyone else.

alpha_HaZE
06-18-2018, 06:50 PM
That would be weird if it happened. I 'd rather send LA for the 16th pick + fillers. Then again, Doncic could be the next big thing.

Say that happens; Kawhi for 1st + 16th picks, who do we sign in FA? Is Lebron still a possibility? How about Cousins? Anyone else?

BillMc
06-18-2018, 06:50 PM

I'm all for rumors that drive the price up. Even if not true.

HarlemHeat37
06-18-2018, 06:55 PM
Ayton
Bagley
Porter
Doncic

I think Pop would take Doncic, though:lol

Spurs da champs
06-18-2018, 06:55 PM
Does this force Boston to offer Tatum?

Floyd Pacquiao
06-18-2018, 06:57 PM
Pop will probably go for Doncic. Pop is most likely done with African American star players sadly. He already didn't like them, now after the kawhi saga and Aldridge problems last year I can see him giving up on black Americans all together

8FOR!3
06-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Doncic is by far the most NBA ready...

Euroleage MVP at 18? Youngest ever...

Can shoot, pass, has good handle, athleticism isn’t the best

Athletically he reminds me of Harden. He’s taller so lankier bc they’re about the same weight but Doncic like Harden is strong so I think that helps make up for the lack of quick twitch. I think the #1 is going to Ayton

DPG21920
06-18-2018, 07:04 PM
It’s hard to imagine but if PHX gets desperate and if Kawhi shows some level of commitment then maybe. I don’t know.

TD 21
06-18-2018, 07:04 PM
:lol Of course the Spurs would pick Doncic. They'd have done so even before the Aldridge fiasco and Leonard saga. Ayton is foreign too (Bahamian), but more Americanized.

Not high on Bagley. Similar to Randle, though taller, he'll probably pile up counting stats. But, he lacks the length and strength to be a C and the stretch/defensive range to be a PF.

Think Jackson, Bamba, Carter, all have higher upside.

cutewizard
06-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Doncic is the Saviour of Spursland........!

Do it RC!

Dverde
06-18-2018, 07:12 PM
Those two picks and Chandler is not a bad trade package.

sananspursfan21
06-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Ayton! Ayton! Ayton!

Bagman wouldn't be bad either

BSfromTX
06-18-2018, 07:19 PM
I like jaren Jackson myself. Great length, defends, and uses his left well.

Doncic is a passer we need, but I’m not sure how he will do against elite NBA defenders

Ayton is big but seems passive under the basket. Reminds me of rasho and tiago going glass when he’s only a foot or two from the basket

DPG21920
06-18-2018, 07:20 PM
I think everyone needs to start prepping for the fact Kawhi screwed SA and that a trade with PHX is likely not getting the #1 pick.

Mugen
06-18-2018, 07:23 PM
None of the guys sound like they've "gotten over themselves" so it's a hard pass for me. Give me Fathead at 10mil a year for 4 years :tu

Mugen
06-18-2018, 07:24 PM
I think everyone needs to start prepping for the fact Kawhi screwed SA and that a trade with PHX is likely not getting the #1 pick.

:lol Deeps, how did you go from "Josh Jackson + 1st overall" to "16th pick and Dragan Bender" in about 20 minutes

Russ
06-18-2018, 07:26 PM
As I said in another thread, if the Spurs pick up the #1 for Kawhi it would be one of the greatest year-to-year draft stories of all time.

First the Spurs take George Hill at #26.

Then, after getting years of good value from Hill, they turn #26 Hill into #15 Kawhi.

Then, after getting years of great value from Kawhi (including a title), they turn #15 Kawhi into the #1 pick.

Who needs to tank, just keep moving up while winning.

Brilliant, it it actually happens.

DPG21920
06-18-2018, 07:30 PM
:lol Deeps, how did you go from "Josh Jackson + 1st overall" to "16th pick and Dragan Bender" in about 20 minutes

Dont ask :lol. But I thought PHX always made sense for the reasons I stated, but let’s say I’ve grown concerned about Kawhi harming the Spurs and that will lead to a reduced package. I still think PHX makes sense because SA loves Josh Jackson and in their mind it’s like trading Kawhi for the 4th pick + 16th pick, but still.

Spurs da champs
06-18-2018, 07:31 PM
Dont ask :lol. But I thought PHX always made sense for the reasons I stated, but let’s say I’ve grown concerned about Kawhi harming the Spurs and that will lead to a reduced package. I still think PHX makes sense because SA loves Josh Jackson and in their mind it’s like trading Kawhi for the 4th pick + 16th pick, but still.
Everybody does, did he show flashes last year? Who the hell is he comparable to?

phxspurfan
06-18-2018, 07:33 PM
Doncic
Ayton

why not get the 1 and trade for 3 and 8 or something. Then pick Doncic/Bagley/JJ Jr/Michael Porter or whatever, then pick a Bridges/Sexton/Trae Young or something

Russ
06-18-2018, 07:34 PM
I could see the Spurs flipping the #1 pick for additional picks in the 1-8 range (perhaps with #18 included) . . .

phxspurfan
06-18-2018, 07:35 PM
FWIW Suns GM is on BSPN right now saying they would entertain proven young stars for their pick. He's basically talking about upper echelon guys (Kawhi likely included)

Ocotillo
06-18-2018, 07:35 PM
Who's available around the number one pick? Pretty much whoever you want I would say.......

HarlemHeat37
06-18-2018, 07:37 PM
Everybody does, did he show flashes last year? Who the hell is he comparable to?

Jackson was terrible last year, but it's tough to judge him since he was being asked to be a go-to option on a team with no talent and no coaching..

It's still a good time to get him, though IMO..he was only with the Suns for 1 season, the Spurs could still fix all the damage Phoenix did to his game..

phxspurfan
06-18-2018, 07:37 PM
Btw if we get #1 I'm instantly super interested in this team again (obviously, like everyone else). It would be a huge deal for the FO and a huge rescue of this shitty shitty situation with Kawhi.

If we end up getting Laker scraps or Celtics scraps I don't know if I could even be a fan anymore. It would sting pretty bad.

TheDoctor
06-18-2018, 07:38 PM
Ayton
Bagley
Porter
Doncic

I think Pop would take Doncic, though:lol
I don’t know, Pop must be having orgasms just thinking about Ayton and that 4-down gesture.

DPG21920
06-18-2018, 07:38 PM
why not get the 1 and trade for 3 and 8 or something. Then pick Doncic/Bagley/JJ Jr/Michael Porter or whatever, then pick a Bridges/Sexton/Trae Young or something

I mean, of course I would do that but I don’t think that is possible :lol

offset formation
06-18-2018, 07:39 PM
As I said in another thread, if the Spurs pick up the #1 for Kawhi it would be one of the greatest year-to-year draft stories of all time.

Then, after getting years of good value from Hill, they turn #26 Hill into #15 Kawhi.

Then, after getting years of great value from Kawhi (including a title), they turn #15 Kawhi into the #1 pick.

Nice. Never thought of it in such a manner.

DPG21920
Jackson was terrible last year, but it's tough to judge him since he was being asked to be a go-to option on a team with no talent and no coaching..

It's still a good time to get him, though IMO..he was only with the Suns for 1 season, the Spurs could still fix all the damage Phoenix did to his game..

His post all star splits were promising as hell. I can see him making a Jaylen Brown jump next year for sure.

Also, guys, BOS isn’t happening. Just forget about it (no pun intended)

Russ
Does anyone have any idea of the credibility of this source?

The fact that no other credible source has had anything to say about this in the last hour or so is not encouraging.

spurraider21
06-18-2018, 07:40 PM
ayton next to LMA would be pretty cool tbh

playblair
06-18-2018, 07:41 PM
ayton next to LMA would be pretty cool tbh

ayton is tiago splitter levels sawft.............proof watch arizona vs buffalo ncaa tournament...........lma/ayton = charmin sawft bigs not what spurs need

spurraider21
06-18-2018, 07:42 PM
ayton is tiago splitter levels sawft.............proof watch arizona vs buffalo ncaa tournament
you're talking about an nba champ right there

:lmao and you thought cojo/hanga/blair was the future :lmao

DPG21920
06-18-2018, 07:46 PM

Think of Jimmy Butler but maybe better defensively. But that is if his offense comes along.

phxspurfan
06-18-2018, 07:46 PM

The fact that no other credible source has had anything to say about this in the last hour or so is not encouraging.

The Suns GM was just on ESPN's draft show hinting at it so it has to have some possibility of happening.

playblair
06-18-2018, 07:47 PM
you're talking about an nba champ right there

:lmao and you thought cojo/hanga/blair was the future :lmao

cojo = major contributor to 1st place eastern conference team............hanga = best defensive player in europe................blair = proven top re bounder in the nba

phxspurfan
tbh would rather have Today's NBA prototypical players like Porter, Doncic, Bridges, Bagley than Ayton. But Spurs love their big men so it would probably be Ayton if it happens

Russ
The Suns GM was just on ESPN's draft show hinting at it so it has to have some possibility of happening.

:flag:

spurraider21
06-18-2018, 07:48 PM
cojo = major contributor to 1st place eastern conference team............hanga = best defensive player in europe................blair = proven top re bounder in the nba
cojo is on indiana :lmao
hanga was too scared to join the nba when he had a chance
and blair aint proven shit. spurs won the championship the year after dumping his ass

BD24
06-18-2018, 07:50 PM
Doncic
Ayton

This tbh.

Would prefer Doncic if this is true.

TD 21
06-18-2018, 07:50 PM
#1 isn't realistic. Jackson, Bender, 16 for Leonard and Gasol could be, at least in principle. Couldn't happen officially until July 1st, when the Suns can absorb the salary differential into their cap space.

Obviously, the Suns would be hoping to sell Leonard on a future big 3 with Booker and Ayton. I can't imagine he'd re-sign, but it's possible they'd delude themselves into thinking (hoping, really) otherwise.

I like the Celtics option better than that though. The Suns one is too high risk/minimal reward.

His post all star splits were promising as hell. I can see him making a Jaylen Brown jump next year for sure.

Also, guys, BOS isn’t happening. Just forget about it (no pun intended)

?

gambit1990
06-18-2018, 07:59 PM
i wonder if kawhi would considerate saying with the suns in part because of training staff there.

playblair
06-18-2018, 07:59 PM
spurraider21

bagley/bamba>ayton...........

spurraider21
06-18-2018, 08:00 PM
:lmao

FkLA
06-18-2018, 08:01 PM
Why the fascination with Doncic? Just Youtube'd him and he looks like a Saric or a Kyle Anderson with a 3PT shot, imho.

playblair
06-18-2018, 08:03 PM
Why the fascination with Doncic? Just Youtube'd him and he looks like a Saric or a Kyle Anderson with a 3PT shot, imho.

word hes sawft..........trae young averaged 20/20 in the toughest ncaa conference

DPG21920
06-18-2018, 08:04 PM
?

Celtics don’t appear to be that into getting Kawhi.

phxspurfan
06-18-2018, 08:06 PM
some quotes from Ryan McDonough (Suns GM) from 30 mins ago on BSPN:

Random hot chick host: "Have you decided what you're going to do with that #1 pick?"
McDonough: "I think we'll draw out the suspense for another 72 hours until Thursday, to keep people tuning in ha-ha....we narrowed our grouping down pretty quickly to 5 guys, and we had 4 of those players come to Phoenix...those guys, in no particular order, are Marvin Bagley, DeAndre Ayton, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Mohamed Bamba, and the fifth guy being Luka Doncic who we're 'monitoring closely' :lol in Europe..."
Woj: "You're not ready to draft Ayton tonight...has any offer made you pause about trading the #1 overall pick?"
McDonough: "We've had a few conversations about it...I think it's certainly less likely than likely that we trade it *cough bs cough*, but, you know, there are a few players in the league that we would trade it for...we've set the bar extremely high since that grouping of 5 we feel is very talented...basically if we get a young, proven star who has shown [in the NBA] they can contribute at a high level...a guy who's healthy and under control contractually for a number of years...we would look at that and wee would think about that. There are a few players in the league we would trade the pick for."

BillMc
06-18-2018, 08:11 PM
some quotes from Ryan McDonough (Suns GM) from 30 mins ago on BSPN:

Random hot chick host: "Have you decided what you're going to do with that #1 pick?"
McDonough: "I think we'll draw out the suspense for another 72 hours until Thursday, to keep people tuning in ha-ha....we narrowed our grouping down pretty quickly to 5 guys, and we had 4 of those players come to Phoenix...those guys, in no particular order, are Marvin Bagley, DeAndre Ayton, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Mohamed Bamba, and the fifth guy being Luka Doncic who we're 'monitoring closely' :lol in Europe..."
Woj: "You're not ready to draft Ayton tonight...has any offer made you pause about trading the #1 overall pick?"
McDonough: "We've had a few conversations about it...I think it's certainly less likely than likely that we trade it *cough bs cough*, but, you know, there are a few players in the league that we would trade it for...we've set the bar extremely high since that grouping of 5 we feel is very talented...basically if we get a young, proven star who has shown [in the NBA] they can contribute at a high level...a guy who's healthy and under control contractually for a number of years...we would look at that and wee would think about that. There are a few players in the league we would trade the pick for."

Hmmm...."healthy and under contract for a number of years".... How about "97% and under contract for 1 year" :lol

baseline bum
06-18-2018, 08:17 PM

Less than TSpence

BillMc
06-18-2018, 08:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duxLpWWy6uk

Don't agree with SAS. I think if Suns got KL they'd have a realistic chance of keeping him.

sasaint
06-18-2018, 08:28 PM
i love Bamba, but he isn't worth a #1. Trade down to pick Bamba and pick up another pick and/or assets.

Texas_Ranger
06-18-2018, 08:29 PM

Perhaps cause he's the best 18/19 year old from Europe ever. Also cause he won every single individual and team award that was possible this season by being by far the best player on a stacked Real Madrid team. He has flaws, like athleticism and even 1 on 1 defense is not that good, but overall is much better right now than any of the college guys. How high is his potential is the only mystery for me. But if you want someone to produce from the start you draft him.

spurraider21
06-18-2018, 08:30 PM
word hes sawft..........trae young averaged 20/20 in the toughest ncaa conference
:lmao 20/20

where do you get this shit from?

its like when for years you claimed blair had a 30/30 game

phxspurfan
06-18-2018, 08:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duxLpWWy6uk

Don't agree with SAS. I think if Suns got KL they'd have a realistic chance of keeping him.

Saw that this morning but those guys for the most part are clowns. Their takes are entertaining but they are just that. No real truth to anything they predict. They have to come up with new shit every day to talk about

Ron Swanson
06-18-2018, 08:38 PM
:lmao 20/20

where do you get this shit from?

its like when for years you claimed blair had a 30/30 game

30 Whataburgers/30 large fries

gambit1990
06-18-2018, 08:38 PM
doncic is a supposed to be a rich man’s joe ingles? i watched a minute of his highlights and a minute of ayton’s. i’m taking ayton. reminds me of capela :tu

TimDunkem
06-18-2018, 08:41 PM
doncic is a supposed to be a rich man’s joe ingles? i watched a minute of his highlights and a minute of ayton’s. i’m taking ayton. reminds me of capela :tu

They'd take Doncic. Pop is desperately clinging on to Manu and will do anything to keep that feeling alive as long as he's coaching.

Texas_Ranger
06-18-2018, 08:44 PM

I would not hire you as a scout...

mo7888
06-18-2018, 08:45 PM
In the McDonough interview he also said they were trying to move up in the lottery by trading 16 plus assets. Sounds to me like they intend to hold on to #1 and try and get kl for Jackson plus a lottery puck other than #1.

gambit1990
06-18-2018, 08:51 PM
:lol

i literally only watched a minute of each.

a rich man's joe ingle isn't an insult though.

Vic Petro
06-18-2018, 08:51 PM
If I have to take a Phoenix deal that doesn’t include #1 overall then I want their unprotected pick next year as part of the package.

HarlemHeat37
06-18-2018, 08:53 PM

I haven't watched him much, is Dragic his worst-case scenario?

DAF86
06-18-2018, 08:54 PM
So I did a little research and all the top prospects have some major question marks.

-That Ayton dude has bust written all over him.
-Doncic, as my nigga FkLA said, would struggle in an agility contest vs Kyle Anderson.
-Jackson's ceiling seems to be Serge Ibaka.
-Bagley is an athletic freak but is extremely raw at everything else.

I'm not sure either of those guys is franchise material. If I had to choose I would probably go with Doncic, Bagley or Bamba.

BillMc
06-18-2018, 08:54 PM
Saw that this morning but those guys for the most part are clowns. Their takes are entertaining but they are just that. No real truth to anything they predict. They have to come up with new shit every day to talk about

Don't disagree. But I do think the Suns could possibly (key word there) retain KL

Texas_Ranger
06-18-2018, 08:57 PM

I am a fan of joe and he became a pretty good player this year but he was also scoring 6ppg in his last season in Europe while being almost 30 years old and pretty experienced. Doncic is the best player in Europe. I'd compare him with someone like a Toni Kukoč from when he was 20, but with a much higher basketball IQ and passing ability.

FkLA
06-18-2018, 09:08 PM
Perhaps cause he's the best 18/19 year old from Europe ever. Also cause he won every single individual and team award that was possible this season by being by far the best player on a stacked Real Madrid team. He has flaws, like athleticism and even 1 on 1 defense is not that good, but overall is much better right now than any of the college guys. How high is his potential is the only mystery for me. But if you want someone to produce from the start you draft him.

I'm not saying he is trash, I just think his ceiling is way too low for a #1 overall pick. I do agree that his floor is pretty high but still, I'd want more than an above average starter for a #1 pick. I'd honestly rather roll the dice Jaylen Brown than Doncic.

I am a fan of joe and he became a pretty good player this year but he was also scoring 6ppg in his last season in Europe while being almost 30 years old and pretty experienced. Doncic is the best player in Europe. I'd compare him with someone like a Toni Kukoč from when he was 20, but with a much higher basketball IQ and passing ability.

Kukoc wouldn't even be that good in today's NBA. Basically another Saric or Gallinari, imo.

Fuck spending a #1 overall for that.

Texas_Ranger
06-18-2018, 09:11 PM
I'm not saying he is trash, I just think his ceiling is way too low for a #1 overall pick. I do agree that his floor is pretty high but still, I'd want more than an above average starter for a #1 pick. I'd honestly rather roll the dice Jaylen Brown than Doncic.

Kukoc wouldn't even be that good in today's NBA. Basically another Saric or Gallinari, imo.

Fuck spending a #1 overall for that.

I was saying that as a 19 year old he can be compared to a 20 year old Kukoč from Europe, not his NBA version.

I am also pretty sure Kukoc would have been much better if he was not on that stacked Bulls team.

DPG21920
06-18-2018, 09:15 PM
I hope that PHX can get something for Chriss & 16 to flip to SA. Like move up into the lottery.

Josh Jackson + Lonnie Walker and maybe another future pick wouldnt be a slam dunk, but not bad. Then SA can maybe move LMA as well and still have 18.

Texas_Ranger
06-18-2018, 09:17 PM
I haven't watched him much, is Dragic his worst-case scenario?

Him and Dragic are not that similar. Dragic is more of a slashing PG while Doncic is more of a passing PG and takes his time on offense. I'd say his wors case scenario is Hedo Turkoglu from his Magic days. And best case is something in between Joe Johnson and James Harden.

FkLA
06-18-2018, 09:19 PM
I was saying that as a 19 year old he can be compared to a 20 year old Kukoč from Europe, not his NBA version.

I know, wasn't trying to be argumentative with you. Just pointing out that personally I am more concerned with ceilings. I can live with a low ceiling with a late first rounder like Fathead but not with a #1 overall.

What do you think of the Saric comparison? You think Doncic will be better?

DPG21920
06-18-2018, 09:26 PM
I know, wasn't trying to be argumentative with you. Just pointing out that personally I am more concerned with ceilings. I can live with a low ceiling with a late first rounder like Fathead but not with a #1 overall.

Dude, they are wildly different players. Can’t compare them but Doncic will be better.

Texas_Ranger
06-18-2018, 09:29 PM

I am also not sure about his ceiling but I am the same with the college guys.

I'd say that sure, Sarič and him have some similarities. But just from the last Eurobasket when they were both playing it was clear that Doncic is a better player. The was Doncic operates the offense is really remarkable. Saric can't be playing a PG and does not have the floor vision as Doncic. Also when the games were on the line Saric was deferring to Bojan Bognadovic who is the alpha on Croatian team while Doncic was never afraid of taking a clutch shot and was not passing the ball to Dragic just so he can save them. And for an 18 year old that was amazing to see. Ben Simmons is a better comparison i think, just that Ben can't shoot and Doncic is not as good of an athlete.

Spurtacular
06-18-2018, 09:31 PM
cutewizard

cutewizard
06-18-2018, 10:36 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu_Ejkd8N8E

cutewizard
06-18-2018, 10:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbagtEmWrTM

coachmac87
06-18-2018, 10:48 PM
Doncic is by far the best prospect in the draft....

He’s like the “European LeBron” prospect at 18-19 years old. Youngest MVP of all time in the second best league in the world..Like I just don’t get the doubt and how any team wouldn’t take him #1.

cutewizard
06-18-2018, 10:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Frob8iX5I

cutewizard
06-18-2018, 10:52 PM
Doncic is by far the best prospect in the draft....

He’s like the “European LeBron” prospect at 18-19 years old. Youngest MVP of all time in the second best league in the world..Like I just don’t get the doubt and how any team wouldn’t take him #1.

---------------------------------------------------------

Agree!

BSfromTX
06-18-2018, 11:01 PM
Didn’t really see any highlights of doncic on defense and I’m afraid there are quite a few players in the NBA that could defend him well. What I do like is his court vision. Flashes of Manu, but he really is not athletic. I would agree that his ceiling is rather low.

BackHome
06-18-2018, 11:24 PM
He is good but come on comparing him to MJ and Lebron making me laugh my ass off...

Spurtacular
06-18-2018, 11:51 PM

Yea, I'd take the former. Capela is the type of guy you have to have the right guys to feed him or you might as well have Kwame Brown out there.

BatManu20
06-18-2018, 11:53 PM
Young Manu = way more athletic than Doncic tbh.

coachmac87
06-19-2018, 12:43 AM
Young Manu = way more athletic than Doncic tbh.

Young Doncic way better basketball player than Manu...

It’s not always about athleticism..the kid can knows how to fucking hoop and has prime Manu moxy

AaronY
06-19-2018, 12:45 AM
FWIW Suns GM is on BSPN right now saying they would entertain proven young stars for their pick. He's basically talking about upper echelon guys (Kawhi likely included)
If Kawhi had more than one year on his contract this would be plausible but he's not resigning with that shit team

mienhmario
06-19-2018, 12:57 AM
If Kawhi had more than one year on his contract this would be plausible but he's not resigning with that shit team

That is funny and sadly becoming the norm. Usually, for a top 3 player, will net you 3 protected first round picks.

DAF86
06-19-2018, 12:58 AM
Young Doncic way better basketball player than Manu...

It’s not always about athleticism..the kid can knows how to fucking hoop and has prime Manu moxy

Mmh, what? :lol

If Doncic was a better player than Manu nobody would be doubting about taking him as the first pick. :lol

coachmac87
06-19-2018, 01:21 AM
Mmh, what? :lol

If Doncic was a better player than Manu nobody would be doubting about taking him as the first pick. :lol

Manu came into the league at 25...

When Manu was 18 he wasn’t even close to being as good as Doncic lol. I’m not saying he will be as good as Manu when all said and done...but Doncic has done things no international has done..

He’s the “Wonderboy” aka European LeBron James prospect hype train.

Will he live up to it? We shall see

smaka
06-19-2018, 03:04 AM

It is an insult for Luka, tho.

cutewizard
06-19-2018, 04:18 AM

Hahaha........:lmao

r0drig0lac
06-19-2018, 05:36 AM

I am also pretty sure Kukoc would have been much better if he was not on that stacked Bulls team.

in the current era of the "no defense at the perimeter" it would be even better than it was in its time, no doubt about it

cutewizard
06-19-2018, 06:27 AM
:bobo

Jdspur20
06-19-2018, 07:41 AM
Got to go get ayton

SuperCam
06-19-2018, 08:18 AM
what a gay thread tbh. look at all spur fan here giggling like women :lol

Jules_Winnfield
06-19-2018, 08:54 AM
acb playoff highlights so far (clincher tonight?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8j5s4OSmAc

nba game time interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKlU2It2d4Q

cutewizard
06-19-2018, 09:58 AM
hmmmmmmm

raybies
06-19-2018, 10:40 AM
So if there's any truth to this rumor than that's why Uncle Amateur said he was 100% healthy to get a better deal. LOL From going to LA to the desert...

DAF86
06-19-2018, 01:23 PM

When Manu was 18 he wasn’t even close to being as good as Doncic lol. I’m not saying he will be as good as Manu when all said and done...but Doncic has done things no international has done..

Oh, you mean Doncic is better at 19 than Manu was at 19? Ok, that's different. Either way, when Manu was on Europe before coming to the NBA he was a much better and complete player than Doncic is right now. Manu was much more NBA ready, granted he was 3 or 4 years older, but still, there were less uncertainties about his game translating to the NBA style. Mainly because of his athleticism, which is Doncic's main question mark.

coachmac87
06-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Oh, you mean Doncic is better at 19 than Manu was at 19? Ok, that's different. Either way, when Manu was on Europe before coming to the NBA he was a much better and complete player than Doncic is right now. Manu was much more NBA ready, granted he was 3 or 4 years older, but still, there were less uncertainties about his game translating to the NBA style. Mainly because of his athleticism, which is Doncic's main question mark.

Yes Doncic doesn’t have superior athleticism but he has better handle, mid range game and legit 3pt range..

As I believe Kevin Pelton said..he’s the best 18-19 year old prospect since LeBron

testies
06-19-2018, 01:38 PM
Are you guys retarded? Suns will never trade a #1 pick for kawhi lmao.

Kawhi just needs to say "i won't resign next year"

DAF86
06-19-2018, 01:40 PM
Yes Doncic doesn’t have superior athleticism but he has better handle, mid range game and legit 3pt range..

As I believe Kevin Pelton said..he’s the best 18-19 year old prospect since LeBron

lol son. He's not a better prospect than Durant. Not even close.

spurraider21
06-19-2018, 01:42 PM
ayton > doncic

doncic's lack of burst scares me. the finesse/iq game works in europe. nando de colo was a good player there. in the nba you need to be much more explosive to really be some franchise defining backcourt player. or be a great great shooter. doncic is neither. i think he'd be a good nba player, but not a guy who i see leading a team to greatness.

i dont necessarily see ayton as an mvp-caliber player either, but he's the posterchild of the modern nba center. athletic and very mobile on defense, ferocious attacking the rim on O. has enough touch to take jump shots. great size. i think he's a much more sure thing to be an NBA fit than doncic.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-19-2018, 01:51 PM
Doncic could have a Ben Simmons-like impact. He's less athletic but actually has a shot. Not sure if his lack of elite athleticism puts a lid on his ceiling, but his floor is someone like prime Hedo and this is much better than any of the other top 5 pick's, all of whom have bust potential.

Brazil
06-19-2018, 03:42 PM
:lol all of that for in the end a second round pick, an unknown euro and a bag of chips

Brazil
06-19-2018, 03:42 PM
I hope I'm wrong but I feel we all gonna be disappointed :lol

Raven
06-19-2018, 03:44 PM
sure

ernest787
06-19-2018, 03:52 PM
You are only going to be disappointed if you actually believe Kawhi is being moved by Draft Night. I think this is going to drag on for awhile, but it's fun to think about the possible trades and what could be netted.

RD2191
06-19-2018, 03:53 PM
:lol all of that for in the end a second round pick, an unknown euro and a bag of chips

Hot Cheetos or gtfo

Raven
06-19-2018, 04:01 PM
ayton > doncic

doncic's lack of burst scares me. the finesse/iq game works in europe. nando de colo was a good player there. in the nba you need to be much more explosive to really be some franchise defining backcourt player. or be a great great shooter. doncic is neither. i think he'd be a good nba player, but not a guy who i see leading a team to greatness.

i dont necessarily see ayton as an mvp-caliber player either, but he's the posterchild of the modern nba center. athletic and very mobile on defense, ferocious attacking the rim on O. has enough touch to take jump shots. great size. i think he's a much more sure thing to be an NBA fit than doncic.

i mean you can say ayton > doncic without the insane motivations..

TD 21
06-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Celtics don’t appear to be that into getting Kawhi.

Based on what?

Also depends on what you consider "that into". If they'd do the oft discussed Brown, Kings 1st, Rozier, Morris (rerouted for value commensurate with borderline 1st), Yabusele, Nader package, I consider that pretty into because I think it's the best the Spurs will realistically get.

I'm skeptical the Suns would take the plunge and even if they did, not only do they lack a second asset the caliber of the Kings 1st, I'm not even sure they have a 3rd asset as good as Rozier.

You are only going to be disappointed if you actually believe Kawhi is being moved by Draft Night. I think this is going to drag on for awhile, but it's fun to think about the possible trades and what could be netted.

:tu

phxspurfan
06-19-2018, 07:00 PM

How many no talent ass clowns have been the "European Wonder Boy / Chinese Jordan" or whatever

Drazen Petrovic

Toni Kukoc

Darko Milicic

Vasillis Spanoillis

Sun Yue

Bogdan Bogdanovic

and how well did they do in the much more athletic NBA? Many were shit and bounced out within 2-3 years.

With the first 3 picks no one should be taking foreign untested "talent" unless they're Yao Ming (like 7'4") or some similar genetic lottery winner. Sorry but #1-3 should be (in no order)

Ayton
Bagley
Jaren Jackson Jr/Porter/Bamba

Doncic belongs with 2nd tier lottery guys like Trae Young, Sexton, Wendell Carter, Bridges brothers, etc.

Unless you're Yao Ming/LeBron (or even Amare, who was insanely jump out of the gym athletic, dominant, and 6'11"), you shouldn't go #1 or 2 over guys tested amongst other future NBAers in the NCAA/NCAA tournament. Even Ben Simmons was talked about as a risky pick considering he didn't lead his team to the NCAA tournament. But he did show his talent in the NCAA so scouts did see him play with or against NBA level talent.

Texas_Ranger
06-19-2018, 07:03 PM
How many no talent ass clowns have been the "European Wonder Boy / Chinese Jordan" or whatever

Drazen Petrovic

Toni Kukoc

Darko Milicic

Vasillis Spanoillis

Sun Yue

Bogdan Bogdanovic

and how well did they do in the much more athletic NBA? Many were shit and bounced out within 2-3 years.

With the first 3 picks no one should be taking foreign untested "talent" unless they're Yao Ming (like 7'4") or some similar genetic lottery winner. Sorry but #1-3 should be (in no order)

Ayton
Bagley

Doncic belongs with 2nd tier lottery guys like Trae Young, Sexton, Wendell Carter, Bridges brothers, etc.

Untested? Yea playing against NBA players and former NBA players is untested. How the fuck are those college guys tested. Please tell me.

phxspurfan
06-19-2018, 07:04 PM
Untested? Yea playing against NBA players and former NBA players is untested. How the fuck are those college guys tested. Please tell me.

Against shitty guys who washed out of the NBA or guys who retired already you mean? Euroleague is not the NBA. If guys like Bertans can light it up over there, it's a sorry ass league. They're not as physical in other countries leagues and it's a totally different game in America. Sorry to burst your bubble.

DAF86
06-19-2018, 07:10 PM

Drazen Petrovic

Toni Kukoc

Darko Milicic

Vasillis Spanoillis

Sun Yue

Bogdan Bogdanovic

Ayton
Bagley

Unless you're Yao Ming/LeBron (or even Amare, who was insanely jump out of the gym athletic, dominant, and 6'11"), you shouldn't go #1 or 2 over guys tested amongst other future NBAers in the NCAA/NCAA tournament. Even Ben Simmons was talked about as a risky pick considering he didn't lead his team to the NCAA tournament. But he did show his talent in the NCAA so scouts did see him play with or against NBA level talent.

You are probably one of those guys that were booing when the Knicks drafted Porzingis, tbh. :lol

spurraider21
06-19-2018, 07:15 PM
Petrovic was a monster tbh... that's a bad example to make your point

Texas_Ranger
06-19-2018, 07:17 PM
Against shitty guys who washed out of the NBA or guys who retired already you mean? Euroleague is not the NBA. If guys like Bertans can light it up over there, it's a sorry ass league. They're not as physical in other countries leagues and it's a totally different game in America. Sorry to burst your bubble.

you probably never watched a game of Doncic so I understand that you sound like a retard. But yea, Gasol brothers, Porzingis, Markkanen, Rubio and so on are just some losers. And lol ''Bertans light it up over there''. Do you even know that Bertans was not that good. He was a solid player at best, nothing special. But hey, we'll see.

ace3g
06-19-2018, 07:20 PM
Woj might know but won't be able to report:

Source: ESPN reporters won’t tip NBA Draft picks on social media this year
http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/source-espn-reporters-wont-tip-nba-draft-picks-on-social-media-this-year.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

r0drig0lac
06-19-2018, 07:21 PM

what?

Leetonidas
06-19-2018, 07:22 PM
Lol they finally realize there's no reason to watch the draft when we already know who's getting taken before they announce it :lol

spurraider21
06-19-2018, 07:24 PM
nando won euroleague mvp 2 years ago and dude couldn't do anything in the NBA

RD2191
06-19-2018, 07:24 PM
Shams can though?

Texas_Ranger
06-19-2018, 07:25 PM
nando won euroleague mvp 2 years ago and dude couldn't do anything in the NBA

sucks that he didn't do it when he was 18.

tim_duncan_fan
06-19-2018, 07:25 PM
I hope I'm wrong but I feel we all gonna be disappointed :lol

I won't be.

Why do people think Phoenix is trading us a #1 pick to borrow a player for a year before he goes where he actually wants to be?

ace3g
06-19-2018, 07:26 PM
Shams can though?

Looks like he won't either:

Tim Bontemps TIMBontemps
(https://twitter.com/TimBontemps) 7m (https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1009228998101098496)
Been lots of talk (understandably) about ESPN not breaking draft pick information ahead of time during this year’s NBA Draft, but it isn't going to be the only league broadcast partner to be withholding from breaking picks. Yahoo, Turner, etc. have agreed to do the same.

Leetonidas
06-19-2018, 07:31 PM
Well that sucks ass. Who else is there??

spurraider21
06-19-2018, 07:31 PM
list of euroleague mvp winners:

Anthony Parker (x2)
Theo Papaloukas
Ramunas Siskauskas
Juan Carlos Navarro
Milos Teodosic
Dimitris Diamontidis
Andrei Kirilenko
Vassilis Spanoulis
Sergio Rodriguiez
Nemanja Bjelica
Nando de Colo
Sergio Llull
Luka Doncic

it's not exactly a great indicator of NBA success just to have a euroleague mvp under your belt.

anthony parker was an acceptable role player after coming back to the NBA from europe. navarro was solid for one year. kirilenko got his euroleague mvp way after his NBA decline. sergio never amounted to anything. bjelica hasn't done much. de colo couldn't hang.

spurraider21
06-19-2018, 07:33 PM
sucks that he didn't do it when he was 18.
point im making is that winning euroleague mvp has never been much of an indicator of NBA success.

that doncic is only 18 of course weighs in his favor. its part of why he's being considered so high.

RD2191
06-19-2018, 07:36 PM
Looks like he won't either:

Tim Bontemps TIMBontemps
(https://twitter.com/TimBontemps) 7m (https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1009228998101098496)
Been lots of talk (understandably) about ESPN not breaking draft pick information ahead of time during this year’s NBA Draft, but it isn't going to be the only league broadcast partner to be withholding from breaking picks. Yahoo, Turner, etc. have agreed to do the same.

Dang. Thanks for the info. :tu

8FOR!3
06-19-2018, 07:39 PM
list of euroleague mvp winners:

Anthony Parker (x2)
Theo Papaloukas
Ramunas Siskauskas
Juan Carlos Navarro
Milos Teodosic
Dimitris Diamontidis
Andrei Kirilenko
Vassilis Spanoulis
Sergio Rodriguiez
Nemanja Bjelica
Nando de Colo
Sergio Llull
Luka Doncic

it's not exactly a great indicator of NBA success just to have a euroleague mvp under your belt.

anthony parker was an acceptable role player after coming back to the NBA from europe. navarro was solid for one year. kirilenko got his euroleague mvp way after his NBA decline. sergio never amounted to anything. bjelica hasn't done much. de colo couldn't hang.

I think the wow thing about it isn't that he won a Euroleague MVP, but that he did it at 18/19 years old. He's only been 19 for 4 months and while I think he's probably finished growing at 6'8 he's already 225 pounds and a strong guard who can put on more muscle and become a better athlete as he ages. I think that's fair to expect from a 19 year old. Look how much more filled out he is right now compared to like a Dejounte Murray who's two years older. Idk if that really helps my point or not, but what I'm saying is the kid is a very well rounded talent for 19 so I'd already say his floor is good, while his ceiling should be considered high.

mo7888
06-19-2018, 07:41 PM

It's far superior to the NCAA

spurraider21
06-19-2018, 07:42 PM
i think his ceiling is capped by his athletic profile. unless you're a curry/thompson level shooter, its very rare for a guard to really be a force in the league if they aren't plus athletes.

i mean brandon roy comes to mind as a guy that pulled that off... but there isn't really a great track record overall

Texas_Ranger
06-19-2018, 07:45 PM
i think his ceiling is capped by his athletic profile. unless you're a curry/thompson level shooter, its very rare for a guard to really be a force in the league if they aren't plus athletes.

i mean brandon roy comes to mind as a guy that pulled that off... but there isn't really a great track record overall

Is James Harden really that great of an athlete.

I do like the B-Roy comparison.

spurraider21
06-19-2018, 07:47 PM

that's fair

8FOR!3
06-19-2018, 07:50 PM

Agreed. Harden's got some quick moves though with his handles and release, not saying Luka doesn't.

phxspurfan
06-19-2018, 08:09 PM
you probably never watched a game of Doncic so I understand that you sound like a retard. But yea, Gasol brothers, Porzingis, Markkanen, Rubio and so on are just some losers. And lol ''Bertans light it up over there''. Do you even know that Bertans was not that good. He was a solid player at best, nothing special. But hey, we'll see.

Gasol brothers are both 7 feet and I'm talking "the next Jordan" bullshit, not automatic picks based on winning the genetic lottery. Porzi also falls in the same bucket since he's freakishly tall and athletic. Those all meet the criteria for high upside #1/2 picks. Guys like Rubio are the poster child for what I'm talking about. They were so hyped up but if you pick a guy like that with #1 or 2 you're wasting your pick. They're mid-lottery talent hyped up "because they're already pros" in a league full of washed up old NBA guys and failed to be drafted NCAA guys and shitty Sarunas Jaskevicii.

phxspurfan
06-19-2018, 08:14 PM
You are probably one of those guys that were booing when the Knicks drafted Porzingis, tbh. :lol

I don't pay attention to Knicks draft picks sorry. That franchise has been losers since they let Pat Riley go. They drafted guys like Michael Sweetney.

But look back at my argument and don't be all nationalistic if you want to make points. It's not about Europe being shitty, it's about the Euro league being shitty. Plenty of great players come out of Europe and the Euro league, but in general it's not a good measuring stick compared to what those same guys will experience in the NBA. Even look at their coaches, like David Blatt and Messina (when he took over for Pop and lost the game). In large part they are entirely out classed when coming to the NBA. It's a different league played a different way (more physical) in the NBA, and the Euro brand of ball only works in the Olympics (sometimes) and over there. Guys who have succeeded from Europe have usually been physically the part, like Gasol brothers, Manu (6'6", athletic freak), Nowitzki (7 feet with a jumper, and only around year 10 did he learn how to not get shit on in the post by guys like Bowen).

Jeremy
06-19-2018, 11:39 PM
There is a zero percent chance the Suns trade the #1 pick for Leonard. Not happening. Fake news :lol

DAF86
06-20-2018, 12:39 AM
I don't pay attention to Knicks draft picks sorry. That franchise has been losers since they let Pat Riley go. They drafted guys like Michael Sweetney.

But look back at my argument and don't be all nationalistic if you want to make points. It's not about Europe being shitty, it's about the Euro league being shitty. Plenty of great players come out of Europe and the Euro league, but in general it's not a good measuring stick compared to what those same guys will experience in the NBA. Even look at their coaches, like David Blatt and Messina (when he took over for Pop and lost the game). In large part they are entirely out classed when coming to the NBA. It's a different league played a different way (more physical) in the NBA, and the Euro brand of ball only works in the Olympics (sometimes) and over there. Guys who have succeeded from Europe have usually been physically the part, like Gasol brothers, Manu (6'6", athletic freak), Nowitzki (7 feet with a jumper, and only around year 10 did he learn how to not get shit on in the post by guys like Bowen).

Nationalistic? I'm not even an euro. :lol

And if the Euroleague is shitty what does that make US college ball? 'cause that is definitely more shitty than Euroleague, tbh. Some Euroleague teams might actually beat the worst NBA teams on a 7 games series, tbh.

gambit1990
10-04-2018, 06:18 PM
i would've preferred this over what we got for kawhi.

would've drafted ayton and then seen about trading danny + #16 & #18 picks to atlanta for luka doncic.

murray/white, mills
luka/beli
ariza/gay
la/bertans, metu
ayton/gasol

KDKSpurs24
10-04-2018, 06:24 PM
i would've preferred this over what we got for kawhi.

would've drafted ayton and then seen about trading danny + #16 & #18 picks to atlanta for luka doncic.

murray/white, mills
luka/beli
ariza/gay
la/bertans, metu
ayton/gasol
Would have never gotten this..

gambit1990
10-04-2018, 06:58 PM
Would have never gotten this..
i don’t think it’s that far fetched. spurs could’ve been more creative but wanted an established “star” instead of taking such a risk.