PDA

View Full Version : Discontinued Fast Food Products That Are Missed

Spurtacular
06-18-2018, 09:29 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/19-discontinued-fast-food-items-we-wish-would-return/ss-AAxEXDO?ocid=spartanntp

Damn, I didn't know McDonalds did pizza :lol

Mine didn't make the list. For me it's the chillito from Taco Bell. I stopped going there after they took those off the menu.

Xevious
06-18-2018, 10:31 PM
Fucking Double Down. Shit looked so disgusting.

http://junkfoodbetty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/KFC-Double-Down-Sandwich-Open-2-1024x730.jpg

AaronY
06-18-2018, 11:16 PM

http://junkfoodbetty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/KFC-Double-Down-Sandwich-Open-2-1024x730.jpg
Are you saying you liked it? or just mentioning it to make fun of it

Xevious
06-19-2018, 12:04 AM
Are you saying you liked it? or just mentioning it to make fun of it

It was on the list. Never tried it.

AaronY
06-19-2018, 12:08 AM
oh tbh half the greasy shit I eat and love looks disgusting at a glance. My dad makes this Hungarian dish thats called ezterhazy steak that is like porterhouse steak baked in sour cream with actual lard added to it and its phenomenal

AaronY
06-19-2018, 12:09 AM
As a kid I used to jokingly call it Cholesterhazy steak and my brother got a kick out of it

Spurtacular
06-19-2018, 12:45 AM
https://www.facebook.com/TacoBellBringBackTheChillito/

Sixty-four likes in six plus years. I don't think it's coming back. :depressed

SpursforSix
06-19-2018, 09:55 AM

They also "retired" the Double Down Dog which wasn't mentioned in the list. I think it tops the Double Down on the disgusting meter.

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/8436162560/h277A084C/

InRareForm
06-19-2018, 11:00 AM
Spicy nuggets at Wendy's

Spurminator
06-19-2018, 11:16 AM
The Double Down actually wasn't bad, but I like bread on my sandwiches.

Spurminator
06-19-2018, 11:20 AM
Jack in the Box used to put some kind of secret sauce on their basic cheeseburgers but they don't anymore. That was my go-to burger growing up.

DisAsTerBot
06-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Hey, this is one of those shitty threads avante is always talking about! Neat tbh

Pavlov
06-19-2018, 02:10 PM
Salad Shaker was actually a decent idea. Wendy's all-you-can-eat salad bar was fantastic back in the starving college student days.

spurraider21
06-19-2018, 02:23 PM
Cajun McChicken

spurraider21
06-19-2018, 02:25 PM
the double down was more of a meme than anything. i had it once when it came out due to the intrigue factor.

popcorn chicken has been and and off at kfc. i haven't been to one in years, so i dont know what the current situation is. was always a big fan of that

SpursforSix
06-19-2018, 03:06 PM
It doesn't look officially retired but the last few times I've been through a McD, that store didn't offer the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich. It was very close to tasting like Chick Fil A. The biggest difference being the cut of chicken.

Chucho
06-19-2018, 03:35 PM
Salad Shaker was actually a decent idea. Wendy's all-you-can-eat salad bar was fantastic back in the starving college student days.

Wendy's had a salad bar?? Crazy.

I remember during my highschool days Jack in the Box had a robust $1 menu including a really good chili cheeseburger.

I don't know of too many more I'm missing, I try to avoid drive thrus as much as possible these days and will settle for something I can pop in the microwave before settling for fast food.

Spurminator
06-19-2018, 05:09 PM
The Wendy's near us had breakfast a few years back. Only had it for about 6 months, I guess it was a test and didn't do so well. But it was every bit as good as McDonald's breakfast, for whatever that's worth.

Avante
06-19-2018, 05:14 PM
Always tried to find non chain places to eat, got that from my dad. Never warmed up to fast food joints. Obviously...if hungry and that's all ya got, ok cool.

Would NEVER work at one of those places, that has to suck.

Spurtacular
06-19-2018, 10:00 PM
Spicy nuggets at Wendy's

Yea, what's that BS all about?

UNT Eagles 2016
06-24-2018, 07:30 PM
The Wendy's near us had breakfast a few years back. Only had it for about 6 months, I guess it was a test and didn't do so well. But it was every bit as good as McDonald's breakfast, for whatever that's worth.
So it's atrocious then?

UNT Eagles 2016
06-24-2018, 07:42 PM
Jack in the Box 55 cent small burgers (they were pretty good, too) that they served during this past recession for a couple years.

Sonic sold 59 cent small burgers from about 2008-2011.

Not fast food, but recently discovered that Red Lobster axed their stuffed flounder for good -- it doesn't exist anymore and it was the best thing they had, along with their Teriyaki shrimp skewers that they used to offer as part of their endless shrimp promos in the fall. Red Lobster just isn't worth it anymore.

Chris
06-24-2018, 09:17 PM
1980's McDonalds back when the food wasn't trash. Big King from Burger King was a double cheeseburger for $.99. My friend could eat 4 of them and they were full sized burgers.

baseline bum
06-24-2018, 09:29 PM
Fuck man I miss the cherry and apple pies from McDonalds thirty years ago when they used to fry those bitches. They still sell these kind of pies elsewhere in the world but in the US we get those heavy soggy baked pies instead of the light and crispy fried ones they had in the 1980s.

https://image.ibb.co/juk2C8/fcknhell.jpg

baseline bum
06-24-2018, 09:39 PM
1980's McDonalds back when the food wasn't trash. Big King from Burger King was a double cheeseburger for $.99. My friend could eat 4 of them and they were full sized burgers.

People laugh but McDonalds was awesome in the 80s with the fried pies and the fries cooked in beef fat. Now the only thing on the menu that I'm much of a fan of is the chicken biscuits and hash browns, those are both great.

Chris
06-24-2018, 09:50 PM
People laugh but McDonalds was awesome in the 80s with the fried pies and the fries cooked in beef fat. Now the only thing on the menu that I'm much of a fan of is the chicken biscuits and hash browns, those are both great.

Breakfast sandwiches are decent but they cheap out on the bacon. Fries are still the best imo. The McNuggets used to be so good with honey and even their cookies were the best.

RsxPiimp
06-24-2018, 10:00 PM
A&W Whistle dog was the bomb diggitty. That and a rootbeer float was heaven.

Leetonidas
06-24-2018, 11:10 PM
Really liked that big stack sandwich they briefly had at jack in the box

Avante
06-24-2018, 11:19 PM
Whatever happened to SAMBO's restaurant?

chunticakes
06-25-2018, 02:40 AM
The chorizo burger from whataverga.

DeadlyDynasty
06-25-2018, 02:57 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/19-discontinued-fast-food-items-we-wish-would-return/ss-AAxEXDO?ocid=spartanntp

Damn, I didn't know McDonalds did pizza :lol

Mine didn't make the list. For me it's the chillito from Taco Bell. I stopped going there after they took those off the menu.
+1...the chilito looked like a dirty diaper when you opened it up but man was it tasty. Maybe thispego can lobby his corporate overlords to bring it back.

Spurtacular
06-25-2018, 02:58 AM
Jack in the Box 55 cent small burgers (they were pretty good, too) that they served during this past recession for a couple years.

Sonic sold 59 cent small burgers from about 2008-2011.

Not fast food, but recently discovered that Red Lobster axed their stuffed flounder for good -- it doesn't exist anymore and it was the best thing they had, along with their Teriyaki shrimp skewers that they used to offer as part of their endless shrimp promos in the fall. Red Lobster just isn't worth it anymore.

I'm not a seafood fan, so I'm biased. But that sounds really gross. :lol

DeadlyDynasty
06-25-2018, 03:04 AM
The Blackjack Taco from T-bell (c. 2009)...I don't know what that sauce was (nor do I want to know), but it was delicious.

The KFC Snacker was dirt-cheap and good but after awhile the only place I could find one was at the airport in Kuwait. Haven't been to a KFC in 2-3 years so not sure if it's back or not.

The Gemini Method
06-25-2018, 06:53 PM
The alfalfa sprouts on the Chicken Club at Carl's Jr. I don't eat fast food all that much anymore, but I thought this subtle change to the sandwich kind of changed it for meh.

spurraider21
06-25-2018, 07:27 PM
Really liked that big stack sandwich they briefly had at jack in the box
you mean the disgusting shit like triple ultimate cheeseburger?

UNT Eagles 2016
06-27-2018, 09:03 AM
I'm not a seafood fan, so I'm biased. But that sounds really gross. :lol

It was devine, tbh. And enjoy your hypothyroidism later in life because you never ate seafood/iodine.

Chucho
06-27-2018, 10:30 AM
It was devine, tbh. And enjoy your hypothyroidism later in life because you never ate seafood/iodine.

Was it fried? Flounder being so flat, it's meant to be fried and oh so damn delish as far as Gulf fish species go.

SpursforSix
06-27-2018, 10:32 AM
Was it fried? Flounder being so flat, it's meant to be fried and oh so damn delish as far as Gulf fish species go.

hell yes.

Chucho
06-27-2018, 10:42 AM
hell yes.

I'm coming home for vacay and already have a day earmarked to go to Port A and hit the jetties. Hoping to have a solid outing for a fry on Mustang Island.

SpursforSix
06-27-2018, 10:47 AM
I'm coming home for vacay and already have a day earmarked to go to Port A and hit the jetties. Hoping to have a solid outing for a fry on Mustang Island.

How is Port A? We used to go every winter and summer for about 4 years but haven't been back in a couple of years.
Did most of the restaurants stick around?

Chucho
06-27-2018, 12:46 PM
How is Port A? We used to go every winter and summer for about 4 years but haven't been back in a couple of years.
Did most of the restaurants stick around?

Haven't been there in a long while, going home at the end of July for a week. Will be heading out there like mid-week when Im there. Always had fun and lots of places you can fish in the water too, but hate the damn croakers always swimming near my feet but make good bait.

SpursforSix
06-27-2018, 02:00 PM
Haven't been there in a long while, going home at the end of July for a week. Will be heading out there like mid-week when Im there. Always had fun and lots of places you can fish in the water too, but hate the damn croakers always swimming near my feet but make good bait.

Always enjoyed going there. Pretty relaxing. And not super expensive to do for 5 or 6 days.
There were about 4 or 5 restaurants that we'd always hit. Just wondered if they all stuck around.

I just looked up our favorite, Venetian Hot Plate and it's still open. I'd highly recommend it. They have different fish specials every night and they are always amazing. Top shelf.
Have to make a reservation though.

Leetonidas
06-27-2018, 07:58 PM
you mean the disgusting shit like triple ultimate cheeseburger?

Wat? It was a double cheese on sourdough with onion rings and pickles

Monostradamus
06-28-2018, 09:34 AM
Speaking of Jack In The Box, does anyone actually get high & eat their Munchie Meals? The food combos in those meals sound more like pregnant woman food than something a stoner would eat.

SpursforSix
06-28-2018, 10:01 AM
Speaking of Jack In The Box, does anyone actually get high & eat their Munchie Meals? The food combos in those meals sound more like pregnant woman food than something a stoner would eat.

I still remember my stoned order at JITB word for word.

One crispy chicken sandwich with no sauce, one chicken fajita pita, 6 piece eggrolls, large Dr. Pepper, and I need several packets of hot sauce. (those were for the chicken sandwich)

-21-
06-29-2018, 03:50 AM
Fuck man I miss the cherry and apple pies from McDonalds thirty years ago when they used to fry those bitches. They still sell these kind of pies elsewhere in the world but in the US we get those heavy soggy baked pies instead of the light and crispy fried ones they had in the 1980s.

https://image.ibb.co/juk2C8/fcknhell.jpg

Huh, here in the Philippines we still have those fried apple pies. Idk if you've ever been to a Jollibee but they have these peach mango pies that are awesome. They're fried as well and I've always preferred them to McDonald's apple pies.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-29-2018, 10:19 PM
the ordinary taco bell “beef” (and sand) tacos before they started selling concept/play “food”

once a month or so moms useda come home with sacks of em and just spill em out on the counter by the dozen for us kids and say go to town, dont feel like cooking tonight

probably $6 worth of tacos to feed the family