PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: is there any valid reason why spurs fan doesn't like ingram?

RsxPiimp
06-19-2018, 05:52 PM
it seems like he's going to be the lakers most valuable asset should a trade go down with the spurs. i ready so many comments that spurs fan would rather have the clippers 12th pick:lol over ingram (or 12th and 13th over ingram and kuz). i can see the appeal in jaylen brown, but even his impact is severely overrated playing in one of the best, role player friendly system.

id rather ship kuz and zo but i know with lavar on board, ball is a non starter. but seriously, y'all acting like ingram is chopped liver:lol this dude has better handles, can score in isolation and a massive wingspan/physique advantage over brown or any prospect at # 12 on this years draft.

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2018, 05:56 PM
Terrible numbers and only has about 1 month of notable basketball in 2 years..

He's still young and it's too early to write him off as a potential star, but SUPERSTARS show much more than he has demonstrated, so far..

The main reason I don't want him is simply to avoid trading Kawhi to the Lakers, tbh:lol Ingram isn't good enough to warrant giving Leonard what he wants and reviving the Lakers..

StrengthAndHonor
06-19-2018, 06:02 PM
It’s simple. He’s a Laker. Had the Lakers drafted Brown while Ingram flourishes in Boston, they’d be singing a different tune.

If I’m the Lakers, I’d focus on developing their youth movement and wait for Kawhi as a FA. There’s absolutely no reason to ship all remaining assets they have -regardless of how poor their perceived value is- to someone who publicly declares their intention in joining the franchise.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Ingram is overrated because he plays for the Lakers. I've never seen someone who's had one or two good months in two NBA seasons get so much hype as a "future superstar." If Ingram was on some irrelevant team like the Hornets or the Magic, nobody would be talking about him.

Raven
06-19-2018, 06:11 PM
he can't shoot, can't play off the ball, can't guard. Sure he can block and has size, but meh.

StrengthAndHonor
06-19-2018, 06:18 PM
Ingram is overrated because he plays for the Lakers. I've never seen someone who's had one or two good months in two NBA seasons get so much hype as a "future superstar." If Ingram was on some irrelevant team like the Hornets or the Magic, nobody would be talking about him.

Tbh, you should never judge a 20 year old sophomore based on his current production. I don’t believe he’ll be a “Superstar” though, but to suggest his projection as a perennial All-Star/All NBA caliber player isn’t out of reach.

RsxPiimp
06-19-2018, 06:34 PM

He's still young and it's too early to write him off as a potential star, but SUPERSTARS show much more than he has demonstrated, so far..

The main reason I don't want him is simply to avoid trading Kawhi to the Lakers, tbh:lol Ingram isn't good enough to warrant giving Leonard what he wants and reviving the Lakers..
i appreciate the candor :lol but yeah, he doesnt strike me as a superstar mainly because of his demeanor but then again, no one thought kiwi would be a top 3 caliber player either.

dude appears to be ready to breakout this upcoming season. he's been training with the same team that helped oladipo unleashed last season. unless the spurs somehow fleece the suns into giving their 1st pick, i honestly feel like ingram would be the best asset for san antonio, especially under the tutelage of pop.

spurraider21
06-19-2018, 06:37 PM
i like ingram tbh

i dont see him as a franchise leading player, though. it's why i dont like him as a centerpiece for a kawhi trade.

but he's a good young player and lakers should be glad to have him

Blake
06-19-2018, 06:38 PM
Who is Ingram?

Bynumite
06-19-2018, 06:39 PM
No matter what the Lakers FO does this off season, they gotta keep IngramPERIOD

Yes, Ingram will be a superstar. Expressing interest in him, means you're validating the Lakers FO and their decisions and that's just something the average spurfan is not willing to do :lol

Chris Fall
06-19-2018, 06:43 PM
Haven’t watched much of him but he seems like a kid with some promise just due to his sheer size and length. And I thought he was supposed to be a pretty good shooter. Has it not translated yet at this level? His overall numbers for his second season actually look decent, but not sure how to evaluate them on a bad team since I didn’t watch many Lakers games.

RsxPiimp
06-19-2018, 06:50 PM
Haven’t watched much of him but he seems like a kid with some promise just due to his sheer size and length. And I thought he was supposed to be a pretty good shooter. Has it not translated yet at this level? His overall numbers for his second season actually look decent, but not sure how to evaluate them on a bad team since I didn’t watch many Lakers games.
shooting percentage improved across the board (44%-48% FG and 28% 3FG- 38% 3FG), also upped his scoring from 9.3ppg - 16.8 ppg so that's one thing. he's been a lot more aggressive going to the basket, that's another.

there's a small sample size (13 games iirc) where he was the lakers PG and they went on a good winning streak averaging 19ppg, 5.6 apg and 62% TS

still need tons of work but the promise is there. he's been working on his conditioning which was his biggest weakness coming into the league.

Killakobe81
06-19-2018, 06:57 PM

The Glove was worse his first two years ...but hating the Lakers I understand we are your Celtics apparently ...but outside of ST most of Lakernation dgaf bout dem Spurs
personally i hope we keep BI he gonna haunt is for years ...

Killakobe81
06-19-2018, 06:59 PM
i like ingram tbh

i dont see him as a franchise leading player, though. it's why i dont like him as a centerpiece for a kawhi trade.

but he's a good young player and lakers should be glad to have him

he has poor man's KL potential as a two way player but he is no KL i admit that ...

LkrFan
06-19-2018, 07:48 PM
It’s simple. He’s a Laker. Had the Lakers drafted Brown while Ingram flourishes in Boston, they’d be singing a different tune.

If I’m the Lakers, I’d focus on developing their youth movement and wait for Kawhi as a FA. There’s absolutely no reason to ship all remaining assets they have -regardless of how poor their perceived value is- to someone who publicly declares their intention in joining the franchise.

This. :tu

baseline bum
06-19-2018, 08:24 PM

I'm not excited about Brown as the centerpiece of a Leonard trade either.

SuperCam
10-11-2018, 12:47 AM
looks pretty good tbqh. wish we got him isntead of defrozen in the kiwi trade. a lot of spur fan trashing the kid the last two years might end up looking like major league faggots by the end of the season

Silver&Black
10-11-2018, 01:26 AM
^
l
l
"wish we got him instead of defrozen". Dude has told me several times that he's a Bobcats fan. You're logged into the wrong account No LyF3.

DMC
10-11-2018, 05:37 AM
I like him just fine. He's just not everything Laker fans make him out to be. That's true for almost all of their players.

LkrFan
10-11-2018, 12:26 PM
My pet cat is making progress. Thru five preseason games:

17.4 PPG
47.3 FG%
14.2 3FG%
80 FT%
~25 MPG

He gotta shoot the 3 better tho. If he can hover between 75-80% from the charity stripe I think he'll have a chance to be a 20+ppg scorer (16.1ppg last year).

LkrFan
10-11-2018, 01:26 PM
I like him just fine. He's just not everything Laker fans make him out to be. That's true for almost all of their players.

You gotta explain this one. Most Laker fans I know have not made him out to be an All NBA player or even an All Star right now. We do however, see his potential. But he is just that - potential. That can be said for all of our young core.

Ingram is the best of them tho. But nobody is overrating him, as your post implies.

DMC
10-11-2018, 01:53 PM
This thread is evidence of it.

"Why do Lakers fans hate Patty Mills?"

See?

Obvious answer - aint nobody studying that nigga!

MultiTroll
10-11-2018, 04:02 PM
Because he's a Dook phaggot who joined the alternating #1 or #2 most phaggoty NBA team?

Perhaps I just keep seeing him during off games. Because he's looked like a soft puss everytime Ive seen him play. But his stats show definite improvement so maybe I just caught a bad sampling.

SAGirl
10-11-2018, 07:51 PM
I don’t know others but obviously I didn’t want to send Kiwi to a rival. Then Magic said he wasn’t available to trade so that was the last word. I certainly didn’t want Demar...

Bynumite
10-11-2018, 08:18 PM
It's safe to say Ingram will have surpassed Jordan as GOAT by the time he retires.

Bynumite
10-11-2018, 08:21 PM
he can't shoot, can't play off the ball, can't guard. Sure he can block and has size, but meh.

Look at this faggot here. All kinds of shit takes :lol

Enjoy watching playoff Derozen :lol

lefty
10-11-2018, 09:53 PM
He's improving tbh

augo
10-12-2018, 02:48 AM
Ingram is too overrated as for me

lefty
10-12-2018, 07:12 AM
Better than Porker...

hater
10-12-2018, 07:22 AM
Theyre owned by facefuck

Fuck Instagram

lefty
10-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Theyre owned by facefuck

Fuck Instagram

You're not getting pussy on IG/FB?
Don't hate man

Kawhi’s_Conscience
10-12-2018, 08:48 AM
laahhnzo imo is going to be the best of the bunch. elite player especially if he can get that shot going.

hater
10-12-2018, 10:09 AM
You're not getting pussy on IG/FB?
Don't hate man

Nah I get it in real life nerd

ambchang
10-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Who doesn’t actually like Ingram to be exact?

lefty
10-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Nah I get it in real life nerd

I can respect that

lefty
10-12-2018, 10:32 AM
Who doesn’t actually like Ingram to be exact?

Sperms fans

DPG21920
10-12-2018, 10:33 AM
People like Ingram fine. They don’t like him as a trade centerpiece for Kawhi.

TDMVPDPOY
10-12-2018, 10:35 AM
lakers trash is like spurs trash, when u see them leave they amount to shit on other teams...

baseline bum
10-12-2018, 10:40 AM
Because the media overrates him the same way they did Knicks Jeremy Lin.

Kawhi’s_Conscience
10-12-2018, 11:15 AM
I can respect that

:lol

ambchang
10-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Sperms fans

You mean like your sister?

Also, wrong login.

LkrFan
10-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Co7kwxrsexw

lefty
10-12-2018, 06:23 PM
You mean like your sister?

Also, wrong login.
No I meant your mom

Joseph Kony
10-12-2018, 06:39 PM
because he sucks. he's another derrick williams, dion waiters, beasley, etc type player draft high but has trash advanced metrics and for being the #1 option on a shit team the last two years still didnt look very good :lol he's like D-Lo, overrated because he plays in LA, if he were traded to Brooklyn no one would even remember him tbh

ambchang
10-12-2018, 10:37 PM
No I meant your mom

She’s doesn’t know who Ingram is.

Also, weak comeback.

lefty
10-12-2018, 10:44 PM
She’s doesn’t know who Ingram is.

Also, weak comeback.
She does now

Dhbsr555
10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
I would of traded the clippers the 12th and 13th puck then traded it to the lakers for lonzo Ingram and kuz for that and kahwi

Dhbsr555
10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
The 12 and 13th for Murray

Kawhi’s_Conscience
10-12-2018, 11:24 PM
No I meant your mom
mom jokes

but i like it :lol

Raven
10-13-2018, 08:45 AM
Look at this faggot here. All kinds of shit takes :lol

Enjoy watching playoff Derozen :lol