PDA

View Full Version : OT: Japan didnt have an existing soccer league till 94...Can any other sport do this?

apalisoc_9
06-19-2018, 07:29 PM
Catapult to fame and create a new generation. A new Culture?

Soccer is almost more popular now with the younger generations.

To soccer being foreign to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbhTd8oIV2U

Only Soccer maybe basketball to a lesser extent are getting more and more popular as a sport. Only two sports experiencing growth and soccer is already a Universe away than the second most popular sport.

Caltex2
06-19-2018, 08:54 PM
Why do you insist? If people are gonna warm to soccer, they're gonna warm to it.

JoeTait75
06-19-2018, 09:04 PM
The US didn't have a real professional soccer league until 1994 either. When they first applied to get the World Cup in the late '80s their top-level soccer league was the MISL.

midnightpulp
06-19-2018, 09:13 PM
Why do you insist, if people are gonna warm to soccer, they,re gonna warm to it.

Apa has a hidden agenda when he posts Japan's soccer love. Japan is a baseball country, and given Apa's obsession with wanting soccer to eliminate baseball as a top sport in every country, he'll post shit like this to bait. Funny thing is, Ohtani and Ichiro Suzuki were voted the top two most popular athletes in Japan, with gymnasts rounding out the top 5, and...

Another survey found that interest in the FIFA World Cup kicking off on June 14 in Russia was at 43.4 percent, down 8.4 percent from the previous poll.

:lol

Spurtacular
06-19-2018, 09:34 PM
I ♥ Japan

Yea, they have zero percent Muslim immigration. They know what the fuck they're doing. :lmao

Spurtacular
06-19-2018, 09:35 PM
The US didn't have a real professional soccer league until 1994 either. When they first applied to get the World Cup in the late '80s their top-level soccer league was the MISL.

I believe they had to create MLS as part of the condition for getting all that World Cup money.

06-19-2018, 09:53 PM
I remember quite a few of brazilian coaches and players going to japan in the mid-late 90's/early 00s when they were trying to establish themselves as a football nation.

That's great to see though...the power of football just can't be matched tbh

DMC
06-19-2018, 11:18 PM
I remember quite a few of brazilian coaches and players going to japan in the mid-late 90's/early 00s when they were trying to establish themselves as a football nation.

That's great to see though...the power of football just can't be matched tbh

You'd need two hands to pull it off, and it would bring you to your knees, as pictures have shown.