PDA

View Full Version : Let's take a moment to reflect on what an absolute disgrace Kawhi's turned out to be.

spursistan
06-20-2018, 08:08 AM
This is now just transcends business and sport; it is about basic human relations..

It simply defies credulity how this guy has managed to hide all this cancerousness, selfishness and utter cowardice for all these years.

Not even the most dedicated Kawhi skeptics could have imagined he is going to engage in this open charade and carry it to its disgraceful end.

Unless it emerges that this guy was mentally-challenged in some respect; there is no sympathy for him but he should go down as one of the biggest frauds to have ever set a foot in a professional sport.

It is a hard lesson to be learned: never ever judge people from the outside looking.

And no, the Spurs should not take it on the chin. This has been a willful and gratuitous attempt to destroy them and drag their unassailable reputation through the mud.

This is indeed one of the instances when it is truly "not just about basketball" as Pop famous motto goes. Their prudence and class should know a limit as they play the endgame..

Even if this piece of shit cowers and get reeled in, it will never be the same again with him.

spurs50_
06-20-2018, 08:11 AM
Manu has more balls than anyone on that team.. he's no quitter.

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 08:11 AM
No one outside San Antonio will care. Rodman sabotaged a WCF but is now held up as a prime example of a winning player because he got titles in the right market.

dbreiden83080
06-20-2018, 08:19 AM
It really sounds to me like he allowed his uncle to completely get into his head and turn him against being in San Antonio anymore and that he has to leave for Los Angeles. Furthermore he can’t even meet with his head coach without his uncle sitting right next to him. He sounds like an incredibly weak minded individual. And I don’t care that he is from California and obviously likes living there, I don’t believe for one second he is going to be happy playing for the Lakers. There is more pressure and more drama around that team than any team in the history of the league. And if they land some of these free agents in the off-season the expectations will be skyhigh. As soon as he doesn’t perform or live up to standards he is going to get buried by the media out there. When the Lakers have high expectations going into a season, they are expected to win a championship. End of conversation. This is not someone that can stand up to criticism. Boy he sure has shown that this past season.

spursistan
06-20-2018, 08:19 AM
No one outside San Antonio will care. Rodman sabotaged a WCF but is now held up as a prime example of a winning player because he got titles in the right market.
Rodman suited up for games; this disgrace literally got the hell out of dodge to never bee seen again for months and is sanctioning his illiterate dumbfuck Uncle to tarnish the reputation of the successful organization in the NBA.

They are literally engaging in a public humiliation of Pop, arguably the most respected and caring person (in private) in the NBA..Never seen scumbags of this level involved in this league.

objective
06-20-2018, 08:22 AM

Exactly. Rodman straight up lies to journalists about what happened in SA and nobody cares enough to correct the record, let alone call him out for it. It's disgusting.

The second Kawhi is traded, that's when the media will decide that he's the best player in the league.

They are all trade scenarios now, get this deal, get that deal, salvage the situation. But when the deal is done, it'll be non-stop "the Spurs got fleeced / steal of the century"

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 08:28 AM
Rodman suited up for games; this disgrace literally got the hell out of dodge to never bee seen again for months and is sanctioning his illiterate dumbfuck Uncle to tarnish the reputation of the successful organization in the NBA.

They are literally engaging in a public humiliation of Pop, arguably the most respected and caring person (in private) in the NBA..Never seen scumbags of this level involved in this league.

Rodman purposefully got himself benched in a must win Game 2 of the WCF by jacking up a bunch of bad threes in the first quarter and then tried to force Bob Hill to bench him in Game 5 by showing up really late to practice after the Spurs had just won two in Houston to even up the series. No Spurs fan should ever forget how much of a chickenshit Rodman was.

toki9
06-20-2018, 08:31 AM

I think this is the part that's going to affect him the most--although even this won't be all that much. Pop and RC are respected throughout the league. They may not be universally liked, but (pretty close to) universally respected for what they've done. And then there's the fact that so much of the league is populated with someone who's either worked with or for Pop and/or RC. I'm sure everyone in the league knows exactly what's going on with Kawhi's camp and what they're doing to Pop and RC--and this will affect Kawhi and his camp in some unforeseen way down the line (if there is such thing as karma).

Personally, their treatment of Pop makes me upset more than anything else they've pulled. The guy really doesn't deserve that kind of treatment, not after how he groomed the kid all these years.

objective
06-20-2018, 08:41 AM
Personally, their treatment of Pop makes me upset more than anything else they've pulled. The guy really doesn't deserve that kind of treatment, not after how he groomed the kid all these years.

That's what gets me too. I've railed on Pop for his coaching decisions over the years, but neither he nor the franchise deserve this.

It's character assassination.

All the good things the Spurs have done for their players medically and training wise is buried in the mud, all anyone will ever talk about from now on is how the Spurs and their medical staff were so incompetent they drove an MVP right out of town.

ESPN and their shitheads like Shelbourne won't report about how the Spurs sent Kawhi to outside places like P3 to get treatment and training. No, it's all about how the Spurs refused to let players get second opinions, which is bullshit.

No one will care about their advances in resting players. Holding players out for their own safety.

No one will know about how much $$$ the Spurs have spent helping second rounders get treatment, guys who would never be Spurs. They won't know about how they saved Javokas's career, practically saving his life. They won't know about the treatment they provided to guys like Sanikidze or Dangubic.

All it will ever be is them alienating Kawhi and driving him away.

Forever.

spursistan
06-20-2018, 08:41 AM
Rodman purposefully got himself benched in a must win Game 2 of the WCF by jacking up a bunch of bad threes in the first quarter and then tried to force Bob Hill to bench him in Game 5 by showing up really late to practice after the Spurs had just won two in Houston to even up the series. No Spurs fan should ever forget how much of a chickenshit Rodman was.

Rodman never pretended to be a good guy; his reputation as headcase was well established before the Spurs. This snake and his uncle have blindsided everyone and are backstabbing us in cold blood.

If this is truly over, the Spurs can't play nice and classy in their sendoff. They just simply can't.

toki9
06-20-2018, 08:45 AM
That's what gets me too. I've railed on Pop for his coaching decisions over the years, but neither he nor the franchise deserve this.

It's character assassination.

All the good things the Spurs have done for their players medically and training wise is buried in the mud, all anyone will ever talk about from now on is how the Spurs and their medical staff were so incompetent they drove an MVP right out of town.

ESPN and their shitheads like Shelbourne won't report about how the Spurs sent Kawhi to outside places like P3 to get treatment and training. No, it's all about how the Spurs refused to let players get second opinions, which is bullshit.

No one will care about their advances in resting players. Holding players out for their own safety.

No one will know about how much $$$ the Spurs have spent helping second rounders get treatment, guys who would never be Spurs. They won't know about how they saved Javokas's career, practically saving his life. They won't know about the treatment they provided to guys like Sanikidze or Dangubic.

All it will ever be is them alienating Kawhi and driving him away.

Forever.

It's just indecent human behavior...the phrase "It's business" that players/teams trot out so often in this kind of situations absolutely do not cover this. BTW, kudos for the correct usage of "neither...nor" pair. It's so rare to see these days.

DaBears
06-20-2018, 08:46 AM
Kiwi is human, and from time to time they can let you down. Pick our selves out and move on.. We SPURS are bigger than any 1 player.

DaBears
06-20-2018, 08:47 AM
How great would it be if we make it too the playoffs again after we trade Kiwi and say make it to the west finals w/o him.. Would be perfect.

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 08:48 AM
How great would it be if we make it too the playoffs again after we trade Kiwi and say make it to the west finals w/o him.. Would be perfect.

Or even better win the title. And then the next one too.

SuperCam
06-20-2018, 08:55 AM
he may have wanted to always leave fat antonio to play in LA but PATFO didn't help matters by surrounding him with rancid AIDS infested dog shit.

at least i get to laugh at all the kiwi cum slurpers who put variations of "kawhi" in their usernames :lol

spursistan
06-20-2018, 08:58 AM
he may have wanted to always leave fat antonio to play in LA but PATFO didn't help matters by surrounding him with rancid AIDS infested dog shit.

at least i get to laugh at all the kiwi cum slurpers who put variations of "kawhi" in their usernames :lol
:lmao..

cd98
06-20-2018, 09:04 AM
Let's not assume this is all Kawhi's uncle. Kawhi is probably just as adamant about going to LA as his uncle. If Kawhi had some emotional ties to the Spurs, then he would have met or said something at some point. We need to stop blaming Kawhi's uncle. Kawhi is a man and should be held accountable.

George Gervin's Afro
06-20-2018, 09:08 AM
Fuck him.. make him play next season

DaBears
06-20-2018, 09:09 AM
Kiwi to become the next Dwight Howard...

spursistan
06-20-2018, 09:13 AM
Kiwi to become the next Dwight Howard...
Might sound like a homer take, but just like Dwert I don't think he is ever coming back from this episode reputation-wise. If he is ever to redeem himself, it will have to be as a Spur..

barbacoataco
06-20-2018, 09:32 AM

Yes. Spurs had a chance to win a championship that year and Rodman's meltdown was a a big screw. And I have a lot of respect for Rodman in terms of what he could do on the court. He dominated Shaq when no one else could Bulls-Magic. If he would have showed up big in that series Spurs could have won. But ultimately a team has to have chemistry and David Robinson, SeanE, and Avery were all way straight arrows compared to a guy like Rodman. Someone like Jordan had a strong enough personality to keep him in check, but he didn't respect the Spurs.

tholdren
06-20-2018, 09:38 AM

Spurs were a 3 seed without kl. Youre dumb

BSfromTX
06-20-2018, 09:48 AM
I think KL has been uncomfortable trying to be what he felt was a "spur" player. I think he would like to be a bit more demonstrative in games and show a little bit more swagger. I know it doesn't sound like him, but he did it in college. I'm betting Uncle Dennis would like to see more of that nature in order to market himself a bit more as well.. By no means am I justifying his actions. He has handled this poorly, but like so many youngsters today, he has no idea how to treat people and conduct himself. He seems to be of that mindset that everyone has to earn his respect rather than everyone deserves respect until they show different. This is where you can really dig yourself a hole. Like someone said before, the players like to throw out the "its business" crap. Well, yes it is, but you still have to conduct yourself in a respectful manner... otherwise you just burn bridges that you don't even know about yet.

RD2191
06-20-2018, 10:02 AM
Kawhi saved this franchise. Gtfo. Losing to 8 seeds before he got here. Ungrateful Spurm fans, no wonder Kawhi wants out from this shithole.

superbigtime
06-20-2018, 10:03 AM
I just don't comprehend why Kawhi has treated the organization so poorly. No relationship is perfect. Even if disagreements occur you work them out.

RD2191
06-20-2018, 10:11 AM
I just don't comprehend why Kawhi has treated the organization so poorly. No relationship is perfect. Even if disagreements occur you work them out.

Because they questioned his loyalty when they had no right to. Kawhi had proved himself for seasons before this past one. He has an injury and they start questioning him in the media because he doesn't rush back? Fuck that shit. Kawhi goes out there and makes his injury worse, then what? Is PATFO going to support him and his family the rest of his life if he can't play anymore?

dbestpro
06-20-2018, 10:22 AM
While he has great reach and his hand reaction is quick opposing teams will see him as soft and will pull up with any minor injury. From here on out, even if he somehow stays with the Spurs he can expect real physical play going forward. I am not sure we will ever see the same Kawhi again. He will be bullied in every game.

TimDunkem
06-20-2018, 10:25 AM
Kawhi saved this franchise. Gtfo. Losing to 8 seeds before he got here. Ungrateful Spurm fans, no wonder Kawhi wants out from this shithole.

RD2191
06-20-2018, 10:28 AM
While he has great reach and his hand reaction is quick opposing teams will see him as soft and will pull up with any minor injury. From here on out, even if he somehow stays with the Spurs he can expect real physical play going forward. I am not sure we will ever see the same Kawhi again. He will be bullied in every game.

Bull. I don't see anyone bullying curry and his weak ass ankles. The league is soft as hell these days.

dbestpro
06-20-2018, 10:35 AM
Leonard has averaged 58 games a season. He never has played a complete season without injury. He is injury prone. If he plays the same way he did when he excelled he is highly likely to see another quad injury. There is strong evidence that sending Kawhi away, you might be sending away a player that just won't be on the floor as much as whoever his team would need or like.

Curry, is also known to play hurt. Kawhi, not so much. Also, it is much more evident when you physically go after a PG who is small and the small player always gets the benefit of the doubt. Kawhi will never enjoy the same type of calls.

superbigtime
06-20-2018, 11:03 AM
I have been giving Kawhi the benefit of the doubt, and am starting to feel pretty foolish for having done so.

spursistan
06-20-2018, 11:09 AM
I have been giving Kawhi the benefit of the doubt, and am starting to feel pretty foolish for having done so.
Just starting? :lol

look_at_g_shred
06-20-2018, 11:11 AM
If the clippers can turn their lottery picks into the #7 pick. You take it and Harris.

BatManu20
06-20-2018, 11:14 AM
If the clippers can turn their lottery picks into the #7 pick. You take it and Harris.

But then if Harris walks next summer for nothing, it’s a major fleece.

look_at_g_shred
06-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Or we can trade him to Mem for the #4 since no one wants even to be drafted by them :lol

BSfromTX
06-20-2018, 11:17 AM

Saved the franchise? Seriously dude. No Pop, no Timmy, and no Manu, Kawhi wouldn't have done jack with this franchise. And what are we to be grateful for? What did Kawhi so gracefully provide us that was above and beyond what other players do? Beyond the millions of dollars he was given? beyond being given the keys to the best organization over the last 20 years? beyond being given the green light to shoot as much as he wants? to run the offense?

He was groomed and given the opportunity to be "the man". Don't be pissy to everyone in this forum because your hero sold out and is running around the country trying to avoid facing the issues.

SpursBig3s
06-20-2018, 11:23 AM
Exactly. Rodman straight up lies to journalists about what happened in SA and nobody cares enough to correct the record, let alone call him out for it. It's disgusting.

The second Kawhi is traded, that's when the media will decide that he's the best player in the league.

They are all trade scenarios now, get this deal, get that deal, salvage the situation. But when the deal is done, it'll be non-stop "the Spurs got fleeced / steal of the century"

I was pretty young when Rodman was in SA. Cliffs on what happened??

Twisted_Dawg
06-20-2018, 11:27 AM

He didn't sabotage the WCF. He fucking threw it.

spursistan
06-20-2018, 11:28 AM
Like objective said; neither Pop nor the Spurs organization deserved to be treated with such contempt and betrayal. This is tells you what kind of crass creatures we are dealing with..

There is a minimum of decorum and professionalism to be upheld even when you make unpopular business choices..

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 11:29 AM
I was pretty young when Rodman was in SA. Cliffs on what happened??

He left Robert Horry wide open for the game winning shot of Game 1 of the 1995 WCF because he was a huge statpadder and wanted another rebound on his line. He probably caught hell for it from the coaching staff. Next game he started jacking up threes in the first quarter of a game that was a must win since Games 3 & 4 would be in Houston. Obviously you have to bench Rodman if he's just going to start jacking up long threes. The Spurs went and took Games 3 & 4 in Houston to even the series and seemingly take control back. But Rodman decided to show up really late to practice before the critical Game 5, knowing he was forcing Bob Hill's hand into benching him. He had been a bitch in the Denver and LA series too but the WCF is where he really fucked the team over.

Twisted_Dawg
06-20-2018, 11:31 AM

He was reportedly in financial trouble with alledged gambling debts and incensed with the Spurs because GM "Bill" Bass wouldn't give him a contract extension.

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 11:32 AM
He was reportedly in financial trouble with alledged gambling debts and incensed with the Spurs because GM "Bill" Bass wouldn't give him a contract extension.

I never heard that. Any chance of finding a source on that? Though I imagine it would be hard to find one 23 years after the fact.

exstatic
06-20-2018, 11:35 AM

Bass wasn't the GM at the time, Pop was. I believe the gambling debts thing, though.

Pavlov
06-20-2018, 11:37 AM
Because they questioned his loyalty when they had no right to. Kawhi had proved himself for seasons before this past one. He has an injury and they start questioning him in the media because he doesn't rush back? Fuck that shit. Kawhi goes out there and makes his injury worse, then what? Is PATFO going to support him and his family the rest of his life if he can't play anymore?Turns out he's not loyal at all.

Go figure.

spursistan
06-20-2018, 11:40 AM
Looks like Rob Diaz has joined the asswiping crew on permanent basis. These past few days have been such a cringe-worthy sight out of him..

LaMarcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 12:06 PM

What was his problem? Why cause issues after 2 rounds already played?

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 12:13 PM
What was his problem? Why cause issues after 2 rounds already played?

He caused issues that entire playoffs. He was just on his worse behavior in the WCF.

toki9
06-20-2018, 12:13 PM
What was his problem?

Has anyone ever figured this out about Rodman? It's still the question today, isn't it?

LaMarcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 12:17 PM
He caused issues that entire playoffs. He was just on his worse behavior in the WCF.

Seems like he had a pretty active game 6.
I remember the threes in game 2 seeing it on an old NBATV replay. Disgusting.

toki9
06-20-2018, 12:19 PM
I never heard that. Any chance of finding a source on that? Though I imagine it would be hard to find one 23 years after the fact.

This doesn't mention gambling issues (although there are other articles that mentions Rodman's gambling habits), but kind of gives you an idea of the relationship between him and the Spurs:

Just how urgently the San Antonio Spurs wanted to get rid of Dennis Rodman was illustrated by how they did it, trading the NBA's best rebounder to the Chicago Bulls last week for Will Perdue, a backup center.

"It was addition by subtraction just to have him out of town," said Spurs general manager Gregg Popovich, adding that only "four or five" teams expressed interest in Rodman. "We wouldn't have had a chance to win a championship, in my opinion, with him in the mix, for a myriad of reasons."And if you can get somebody back who can make a valuable contribution to your team, so much the better."

But this deal obviously was not about what Perdue could do for the Spurs as much as what Rodman had done: skip practices, miss buses, knock teammates, feud with coach Bob Hill, take his sneakers off before the end of the game, etc., etc., etc. Rodman's most recent eruption was over his $2.5 million salary, although nothing immediate could be done about it under the limitations set by the new collective-bargaining agreement. At least, not what Rodman had in mind, like about a $3.5 million raise.

"He said he wasn't coming to camp unless we gave him more money," Popovich said, "and after a while you've got to believe the guy."

When Popovich left the Golden State Warriors' coaching staff to become the Spurs' GM before last season, he agreed Rodman deserved a big raise. But talks were frozen after Rodman missed the opening of camp, and subsequent fines, suspensions and a leave of absence precluded any possibility of a new deal that by now might have had him where he wants to be financially.

"I would have to have been a blithering idiot to give him more money or even talk to him about it," Popovich said.

Remarkably, for the trade's lopsided difference in talent, it was met with big local approval.

"I did an hour-and-a-half radio show and took 20 to 25 calls," Popovich said, "and two were negative."

As for the players, "Let me just say that I don't make these kinds of deals in a vacuum. My players are involved in everything I do."

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/443752/SPURS-RODMAN-SIMPLY-ADDITION-BY-SUBTRACTION.html

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 12:26 PM
Seems like he had a pretty active game 6.
I remember the threes in game 2 seeing it on an old NBATV replay. Disgusting.

It was three in the first quarter.

spurraider21
06-20-2018, 12:54 PM
when kawhi got hurt in game 1 against GSW... pop basically said off the bat that he's not coming back this series. there was no attempt to rush him back into action or to pressure him to play. they prioritized his long term value over trying to get him to play hobbled against the warriors. they did right by him.

after he was cleared and came back, decided he was still hurting... they didnt say "no, get your ass out there and play." they allowed him to sit out, had no issues with him referring to an outside medical staff. didnt make a fuss about him rehabbing in new york, etc.

but he's supposedly deciding not only to bolt, but to bolt specifically to LA, because of some comments along the way? lol thats bullshit. the fact that he has explicitly demanded los angeles is what makes the rest bullshit.

SuperCam
06-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Looks like Rob Diaz has joined the asswiping crew on permanent basis. These past few days have been such a cringe-worthy sight out of him..

with manu gone soon and kiwi out the door this year, not a lot of players left for that krew to move on to, tbh. Who's even left for them, Fatty Mills? :lol

testies
06-20-2018, 12:57 PM
This is now just transcends business and sport; it is about basic human relations..

It simply defies credulity how this guy has managed to hide all this cancerousness, selfishness and utter cowardice for all these years.

Not even the most dedicated Kawhi skeptics could have imagined he is going to engage in this open charade and carry it to its disgraceful end.

Unless it emerges that this guy was mentally-challenged in some respect; there is no sympathy for him but he should go down as one of the biggest frauds to have ever set a foot in a professional sport.

It is a hard lesson to be learned: never ever judge people from the outside looking.

And no, the Spurs should not take it on the chin. This has been a willful and gratuitous attempt to destroy them and drag their unassailable reputation through the mud.

This is indeed one of the instances when it is truly "not just about basketball" as Pop famous motto goes. Their prudence and class should know a limit as they play the endgame..

Even if this piece of shit cowers and get reeled in, it will never be the same again with him.

Lmao dude that cat has already been out of the bag for a while

DJR210
06-20-2018, 12:59 PM

Fill me in on the Rodman debacle.. I was about 12 at that time

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 01:04 PM
Fill me in on the Rodman debacle.. I was about 12 at that time

Post #40 above

Ice009
06-20-2018, 01:10 PM
when kawhi got hurt in game 1 against GSW... pop basically said off the bat that he's not coming back this series. there was no attempt to rush him back into action or to pressure him to play. they prioritized his long term value over trying to get him to play hobbled against the warriors. they did right by him.

after he was cleared and came back, decided he was still hurting... they didnt say "no, get your ass out there and play." they allowed him to sit out, had no issues with him referring to an outside medical staff. didnt make a fuss about him rehabbing in new york, etc.

but he's supposedly deciding not only to bolt, but to bolt specifically to LA, because of some comments along the way? lol thats bullshit. the fact that he has explicitly demanded los angeles is what makes the rest bullshit.

Was it definitely Pop that stopped him from playing? How do we know it wasn't Kawhi that shut himself down in the GSW series?

The fact is, Kawhi is a pussy. I would have played in the GSW series and also last season. If I was told I can't make the injury worse or cause any long term damage, I would have played - doesn't matter if my game wasn't 100%, I'd be out there trying to contribute (same as TD and Manu - those are my teachers, and those are guys that ingrained that in me when I was growing up watching them play and push through ailments). I'm all about winning the Championship at any cost. I'd rather win one than go 10 years without winning anything but still remaining healthy. I'm not a believer in passing up chances/opportunities to play for a Championship. Personally, I'd take the risk.

Also, round 1 against Goldenstate, I would have been back on the court HELL BENT for revenge to try and knock the Warriors out of the playoffs before Curry could get the chance to come back. Instead, this pussy shows no killer instinct. You can be your ass Jordan would have been out there looking for revenge if he was Zaza'd the year before.

DJR210
06-20-2018, 01:13 PM
He left Robert Horry wide open for the game winning shot of Game 1 of the 1995 WCF because he was a huge statpadder and wanted another rebound on his line. He probably caught hell for it from the coaching staff. Next game he started jacking up threes in the first quarter of a game that was a must win since Games 3 & 4 would be in Houston. Obviously you have to bench Rodman if he's just going to start jacking up long threes. The Spurs went and took Games 3 & 4 in Houston to even the series and seemingly take control back. But Rodman decided to show up really late to practice before the critical Game 5, knowing he was forcing Bob Hill's hand into benching him. He had been a bitch in the Denver and LA series too but the WCF is where he really fucked the team over.

Man, all that is news to me.. I'm guessing those games were on PPV at that time? I just remember his ass being traded but never really knew the reason

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 01:23 PM
Man, all that is news to me.. I'm guessing those games were on PPV at that time? I just remember his ass being traded but never really knew the reason

LOL yeah, paying $29.95 each to watch the two most bitter losses since the late 70s.

spurs10
06-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Fuck him.. make him play next season They might do that. No one is going to offer something we want...probably. If he doesn't show suspend him. Two years not playing is not a good thing...and losing $219 million on top of that. This all seriously makes one wonder what kind of advice this guy is getting from his team. Maybe they will get a good trade happening, but they are doubtful to do him any favors after last season. A lot of money down the drain.

DJR210
06-20-2018, 01:26 PM
LOL yeah, paying $29.95 each to watch the two most bitter losses since the late 70s.

My uncle carried around a Zack Morris cellphone that didn't have service, and drove a beat up Geo metro egg with his family of 4, but dude still managed to cough up the 500 a month to Time Warner to catch his Spurs games :lol

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 01:27 PM
My uncle carried around a Zack Morris cellphone that didn't have service, and drove a beat up Geo metro egg with his family of 4, but dude still managed to cough up the 500 a month to Time Warner to catch his Spurs games :lol

No point in buying PPV, might as well just go the games for what Paragon Cable charged. Best part of the 99 lockout was the death of PPV NBA games.

DJR210
06-20-2018, 01:30 PM
No point in buying PPV, might as well just go the games for what Paragon Cable charged. Best part of the 99 lockout was the death of PPV NBA games.

:lmao Paragon Cable that's right!

dbestpro
06-20-2018, 01:32 PM

Seems like I read back when Tobias was drafted that he had a previous relationship with the Spurs through clinics that made him wish he could go to SA before he was drafted by Orlando.

superbigtime
06-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Just starting? :lol

Yes. Have resisted herd mentality of piling on Kawhi.

JFK
06-20-2018, 01:48 PM
:lmao Paragon Cable that's right!

We're coming through for you!

I remember them always sending me out this cable guy that looked like Maury Vasquez with a rat tail mullet

spursistan
06-20-2018, 02:32 PM
Lmao dude that cat has already been out of the bag for a while
The fact that his mental health has become a fair game should tell you about the depths we've reached throughout this saga..:lol

DJR210
06-20-2018, 03:00 PM
We're coming through for you!

I remember them always sending me out this cable guy that looked like Maury Vasquez with a rat tail mullet

:lol Maury Vasquez

Thomas82
06-20-2018, 03:12 PM

I thought that series was shown on NBC.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 03:23 PM
Unless the Spurs straight up said they wouldn't supermax him it looks like Leonard's group will have managed to cost him about $70 mil easily. Maybe this ends differently and the relationship is mended but how do you max a player after they basically quit on your team in a playoff season?

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 03:23 PM
I thought that series was shown on NBC.

In San Antonio Games 1 & 2 were on PPV. I think Game 5 was too.

objective
06-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Yeah, home games were ppv.

CitizenDwayne
06-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Unless the Spurs straight up said they wouldn't supermax him it looks like Leonard's group will have managed to cost him about $70 mil easily. Maybe this ends differently and the relationship is mended but how do you max a player after they basically quit on your team in a playoff season?

I kinda feel sorry for the guy at this point. This camp he’s surrounded himself with clearly have no fucking clue what they’re doing

Thomas82
06-20-2018, 03:26 PM

Thomas82
06-20-2018, 03:28 PM
In San Antonio Games 1 & 2 were on PPV. I think Game 5 was too.

Oh ok......I just remember watching the games that were on NBC.

spursistan
06-20-2018, 05:26 PM
I kinda feel sorry for the guy at this point. This camp he’s surrounded himself with clearly have no fucking clue what they’re doing
Absolutely not. Until it's proven he has a real mental issue, he is not a victim, but a full and willing participant in this whole charade..

spursistan
06-20-2018, 05:47 PM

SpursDynasty85
06-20-2018, 06:17 PM

If it was a hold out, for the Lakers it would mean loyalty! It would be ironic if Spurs call the bluff and Lakers use up all the cap space to sign him next year. DeMarcus, pg, and Lebron would be almost as potent.

Spursmania
06-20-2018, 06:26 PM
Kawhi not only got paid 19M this year to play 9 games (injury debatable obviously) but now by having his camp tell the world that he's signing with LA in 2019, he's lowering the Spurs' trade value for him significantly as if on cue with Uncle Dennis' plan on fucking the Spurs up all at once. What a total self-serving asshole. And, what big name would want to sign here knowing asshat Kiwi won't be here the whole year. Terrible...

CosmicCowboy
06-20-2018, 06:26 PM
Cant wait for Magic to tell Kawhi "put some ice on your vagina and get your ass back out on that court"!

spurraider21
06-20-2018, 06:38 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o84szW0PrWZyUv0mA/giphy.gif

RD2191
06-20-2018, 06:39 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o84szW0PrWZyUv0mA/giphy.gif

:lol

spurs1990
06-20-2018, 07:39 PM
Kawhi not only got paid 19M this year to play 9 games (injury debatable obviously) but now by having his camp tell the world that he's signing with LA in 2019, he's lowering the Spurs' trade value for him significantly as if on cue with Uncle Dennis' plan on fucking the Spurs up all at once. What a total self-serving asshole. And, what big name would want to sign here knowing asshat Kiwi won't be here the whole year. Terrible...

These two points cannot be understated. I mean his trade demand would be more easy to stomach had he not pulled out an entire season from his employer due to undiagnosable pain which led his coach and two franchise guys to question him.

I also heard the defense of his trade demand is that he just wants to go home to LA. Well if that is true then STFU for one last year and walk free in 2019. If neither LA team has cap space to pay you the max we’ll consider that your penance for taking $19m from your last team in 2018. Also you probably shouldn’t have sign that max deal in 2015 with the Spurs either now, Kawhi.

Oh and Spursistan - your OP warrants a username bolding. Damn well written post:toast

cutewizard
06-20-2018, 09:00 PM
Kawhi is NOT a man.

He is just a boy with some basketball skills.

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 09:09 PM
Cant wait for Magic to tell Kawhi "put some ice on your vagina and get your ass back out on that court"!

Doubtful. The conversation would more likely be Magic asking Kawhi to put three fingers inside him. :claw

Dingle Barry
06-20-2018, 09:24 PM
Because they questioned his loyalty when they had no right to. Kawhi had proved himself for seasons before this past one. He has an injury and they start questioning him in the media because he doesn't rush back? Fuck that shit. Kawhi goes out there and makes his injury worse, then what? Is PATFO going to support him and his family the rest of his life if he can't play anymore?

TP questioned him in the media. Not the org. :lol at blaming the organization because a teammate or two said something that hurt your feelers. That's some pussy ass shit the likes of which have never been seen in pro sports.

Or are you referring to Pop telling people to ask Kawhi and his group? I don't understand at all why so much is made of this comment. Kawhi and his group held all the cards as to when he was coming back. It was a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

And the Spurs obviously had a huge vested interest in Kawhi not getting further injured. To assume they cleared him willy nilly and without regard for his longevity is asinine.

phxspurfan
06-20-2018, 09:26 PM
Fuck him.. make him play next season

If he's still here I'd hope Pop plays him 48 mins/game and run his ass into the ground Thibs/DAntoni style

phxspurfan
06-20-2018, 09:28 PM
If he was really that hurt he should have announced he was out for the year. I would have been fine with that. But stringing the team along into thinking he was going to make some comeback and then just bolting to NY was the final nail in the coffin

RD2191
06-20-2018, 09:33 PM
If he was really that hurt he should have announced he was out for the year. I would have been fine with that. But stringing the team along into thinking he was going to make some comeback and then just bolting to NY was the final nail in the coffin

I thought only the Spurs could rule him out for the season?

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 09:34 PM
Doubtful. The conversation would more likely be Magic asking Kawhi to put three fingers inside him. :claw

No doubt.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 09:36 PM

Spurs will have to keep him for now because he's destroyed his trade value.

dbreiden83080
06-20-2018, 09:37 PM

The worst thing he ever did was allowing this asshole of an Uncle to get into his head this badly. He wants to send him to the largest and most pressure filled media market in the country to play basketball in. Yes you are from California, but that does not mean you are suited to play for the Los Angeles Lakers. Whenever they have even a remotely good team, it is championship or bust. And because it is Hollywood, they also expect their great basketball players to have some semblance of a personality. He has no personality of any kind. He doesn’t fucking speak. He doesn’t perform there, or refuses to play hurt, they will be calling for his head. Let’s also not gloss over the fact that he will be going to play for a young and completely unproven head coach. Leaving behind one of the great head coaches of all time, that helped to mentor and get him to where he is right now as a player. He does not belong with the Lakers. It’s completely the wrong fit.

dbreiden83080
06-20-2018, 09:42 PM
Spurs will have to keep him for now because he's destroyed his trade value.

I said that numerous times last season when some people were saying the spurs could basically name their price in a trade. That was 100% true coming off his previous season when he was a top three player in the league. He torpedoed his own trade value by sitting it out over what I guarantee you most teams believe was a minor injury. Now he is saying he only wants to play for Los Angeles. It’s a train wreck. All the way around a train wreck.

tholdren
06-20-2018, 09:43 PM

Exactly. The lie and refusal is worse. And what happened

Ron Swanson
06-20-2018, 09:44 PM
Trade him to the Los Angeles Sparks.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 09:44 PM
The worst thing he ever did was allowing this asshole of an Uncle to get into his head this badly. He wants to send him to the largest and most pressure filled media market in the country to play basketball in. Yes you are from California, but that does not mean you are suited to play for the Los Angeles Lakers. Whenever they have even a remotely good team, it is championship or bust. And because it is Hollywood, they also expect their great basketball players to have some semblance of a personality. He has no personality of any kind. He doesn’t fucking speak. He doesn’t perform there, or refuses to play hurt, they will be calling for his head. He does not belong with the Lakers. It’s completely the wrong fit.

Angle that somewhat makes sense is that the real destination is Philly. His uncle is based there (or NJ, iirc). Of course the Spurs wouldn't want to deal him to LA. LeBron supposedly had interest as well in the Sixers.

sasaint
06-20-2018, 09:45 PM
The worst thing he ever did was allowing this asshole of an Uncle to get into his head this badly. He wants to send him to the largest and most pressure filled media market in the country to play basketball in. Yes you are from California, but that does not mean you are suited to play for the Los Angeles Lakers. Whenever they have even a remotely good team, it is championship or bust. And because it is Hollywood, they also expect their great basketball players to have some semblance of a personality. He has no personality of any kind. He doesn’t fucking speak. He doesn’t perform there, or refuses to play hurt, they will be calling for his head. He does not belong with the Lakers. It’s completely the wrong fit.

If he does go to the Lakers I will be very interested to see how that aspect of the marriage goes. Short honeymoon I expect. I have been saying for many moons that Kawhi does not want to be the face of ANY franchise. The thing that would save the situation would be for LeBron to sign there so that Kawhi could live in his shadow and just play basketball. I believe that is exactly what the Lakers are pitching to both Kawhi and LeBron. Now THAT would be the perfect marriage.

tholdren
06-20-2018, 09:45 PM
I said that numerous times last season when some people were saying the spurs could basically name their price in a trade. That was 100% true coming off his previous season when he was a top three player in the league. He torpedoed his own trade value by sitting it out over what I guarantee you most teams believe was a minor injury. Now he is saying he only wants to play for Los Angeles. It’s a train wreck. All the way around a train wreck.

Not a max player. As i said in 2014, kl hasnt and wont lead spurs to anything. Rigged fmvp

dbreiden83080
06-20-2018, 09:48 PM
If he does go to the Lakers I will be very interested to see how that aspect of the marriage goes. Short honeymoon I expect. I have been saying for many moons that Kawhi does not want to be the face of ANY franchise. The thing that would save the situation would be for LeBron to sign there so that Kawhi could live in his shadow and just play basketball. I believe that is exactly what the Lakers are pitching to both Kawhi and LeBron. Now THAT would be the perfect marriage.

Even if they managed to land both LeBron and Leonard the pressure will be out of control on that team. Certainly most of the pressure will fall to LeBron but the expectation will be that they have to win a championship. And come playoff time Leonard will be expected to do a lot. Because one of the main reasons LeBron would go to LA is to play alongside what he thinks is going to be the Leonard before all of this drama and bullshit that occurred his final season with the spurs. He has to return to form. That’s a lot of pressure. He is showing to be very mentally weak.

dbreiden83080
06-20-2018, 09:51 PM
Angle that somewhat makes sense is that the real destination is Philly. His uncle is based there (or NJ, iirc). Of course the Spurs wouldn't want to deal him to LA. LeBron supposedly had interest as well in the Sixers.

I think that LeBron should go to Philadelphia. Stay in the Eastern conference and you get on a team that is much more talented right now than the one you are leaving. I think that is the best fit for him for next season. Just sign a one-year contract.

sasaint
06-20-2018, 09:53 PM
Even if they managed to land both LeBron and Leonard the pressure will be out of control on that team. Certainly most of the pressure will fall to LeBron but the expectation will be that they have to win a championship. And come playoff time Leonard will be expected to do a lot. Because one of the main reasons LeBron would go to LA is to play alongside what he thinks is going to be the Leonard before all of this drama and bullshit that occurred his final season with the spurs. He has to return to form. That’s a lot of pressure. He is showing to be very mentally weak.

I think you are confusing on-court Kawhi and off-court Kawhi. Dude is not weak in any sense when he is playing basketball.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 09:57 PM

Not just minor injury but also transparently sabotaging a playoff team's chances by not playing when it's apparent you could because you wanted to be traded. LeBron clearly wants out of Cleveland but he certainly played.

Also bad-mouthing a coach and franchise that are well regarded and have a good rep.

Up until the last few weeks I think the Spurs were approaching him with kid gloves, still thinking that we're going to work to get him back where he's comfortable playing and mend the relationship and yeah start talking extension.

That's changed, I think. It's business. You don't want to be here? Well, you have a year left on your contract and we are going to do what is best for the team.

dbreiden83080
06-20-2018, 09:58 PM
I think you are confusing on-court Kawhi and off-court Kawhi. Dude is not weak in any sense when he is playing basketball.

He didn’t play all season long because of some off court drama. You can’t be great on the court when you won’t even get out there and play. And then there is the injury factor. Why would anyone believe this is the end of all of that bullshit? He won’t play hurt. Like ever. This is a player that literally sat on his ass all season arguing with team doctors that his quad hurt. They took MRI after MRI and told him it shows nothing. He is very soft mentally. 100% soft.

Twisted_Dawg
06-20-2018, 09:59 PM
Bass wasn't the GM at the time, Pop was. I believe the gambling debts thing, though.

Bob Bass was the GM in 1993 the year Rodman arrived. After Rodman got here, he started demanding a new contract which Bass and the Spurs resisted. Rodman was quoted as saying something derogatory about, "Bill Bass, or whatever that guy's name is." In 1994 McCombs sold the Spurs and Gen. McDermott fired Bass and brought in Pop as GM. The 94-95 season was a circus culminating with Rodman's antics in the playoffs. The comments about Rodman's debts and financial troubles were told to me by a member of Spurs management. Although later on I knew several people who had heard the same story.

Benoit
06-20-2018, 10:48 PM
http://image.newsinc.com/26905558.sfxl.jpg?resize=600

Lostwingman
06-20-2018, 11:27 PM

Million dollar question that dickriders crying about how people are being mean to lil'whi need to answer.

Dingle Barry
06-21-2018, 12:04 AM
If he's still here I'd hope Pop plays him 48 mins/game and run his ass into the ground Thibs/DAntoni style

This is the least likely scenario. Kawhitter will just fly off to NYC all season again if we don't trade him.

apalisoc_9
06-21-2018, 12:05 AM

Rob :wow

Dingle Barry
06-21-2018, 12:06 AM
He didn’t play all season long because of some off court drama. You can’t be great on the court when you won’t even get out there and play. And then there is the injury factor. Why would anyone believe this is the end of all of that bullshit? He won’t play hurt. Like ever. This is a player that literally sat on his ass all season arguing with team doctors that his quad hurt. They took MRI after MRI and told him it shows nothing. He is very soft mentally. 100% soft.

Soft, self absorbed, and has zero character or interpersonal skills.

Other than that he's great.

SouthTexasRancher
06-21-2018, 05:22 AM
Oh how I wish I had the runs so I could put it in a container with a sealable top and send it to Kawhi and tell him it is some good ol' south Texas chili. Maybe I'll just pick up a fresh green cow patty this morning from the back 40 and send that to Kawhi and tell him it is Japanese Green Tea thickened with protein powder and egg whites and it'll turn him from a spoiled child to a man, a sissified girlie man. Oh wait, he is already a SGM. What an asshole! Hopefully you'll never win another NBA Championship!

Spurtacular
06-21-2018, 05:49 AM
Spurs built around Kawhi and gave him everything he wanted and he repays them by being chickensh** c*nt.

spursistan
06-21-2018, 09:49 AM
Million dollar question that dickriders crying about how people are being mean to lil'whi need to answer.
Simple common sense, tbh..

I started detecting bullshit when it emerged in February that he was cleared by Spurs doctors for months. Every bit of information/behavior regarding him has been incriminating, which is why I took off the gloves on his quitting bitch ass..

SAGirl
06-22-2018, 03:16 PM
I am starting to think you are right. Aside from playing (when he's not hurt), he doesn't really want the other burdens of being a franchise player: the social aspects, the leadership aspects, the having to talk to media,anything social... it's not him. He will probably say he's tried and done as much on that end as he could.

FkLA
06-22-2018, 03:31 PM
Oh how I wish I had the runs so I could put it in a container with a sealable top and send it to Kawhi and tell him it is some good ol' south Texas chili. Maybe I'll just pick up a fresh green cow patty this morning from the back 40 and send that to Kawhi and tell him it is Japanese Green Tea thickened with protein powder and egg whites and it'll turn him from a spoiled child to a man, a sissified girlie man. Oh wait, he is already a SGM. What an asshole! Hopefully you'll never win another NBA Championship!

This is such a Texan post. :lol

Proxy
06-22-2018, 03:32 PM
Disgrace lol... helped the team get another ring. That 14 team is like, one of the best teams of all time.

sasaint
06-22-2018, 03:52 PM
I am starting to think you are right. Aside from playing (when he's not hurt), he doesn't really want the other burdens of being a franchise player: the social aspects, the leadership aspects, the having to talk to media,anything social... it's not him. He will probably say he's tried and done as much on that end as he could.

The proof is in the 9-month pudding that has been this ordeal. The guy makes Timmy look absolutely gregarious. He is essentially a-social. Wherever he goes, he needs somebody to assume all those customary alpha responsibilities.

spursistan
06-22-2018, 04:34 PM
Disgrace lol... helped the team get another ring. That 14 team is like, one of the best teams of all time.
Yeah, I'm sure this how it should go: "OK Kawhi you can take a shit on this franchise now that you were of member of the team that won the title 4 years ago; after all, it is not like you have been getting paid 19 millions to refrain from doing it. You've been doing charity work for all these years playing in this shithole!"..

tholdren
06-22-2018, 04:50 PM

He was the fourth option the whole playoffs. New spurs fans are worse than warriors fans

Proxy
06-22-2018, 06:13 PM
Jesus, both of you are idiots

tholdren
06-22-2018, 06:53 PM
Jesus, both of you are idiots

4th option. Bye

bic50
06-22-2018, 09:15 PM
:lol My goodness the amount of crying about this is hilarious.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2018, 09:20 PM
How he went from model and beloved Spur to Mo Cheeks living at an hotel near the airport waiting to get the fuck out over the last year is quite the accomplishment.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2018, 10:36 PM
I was pretty disgusted watching undisputed today when Shannon Sharpe who just basically wants the Lakers or whoever to get this guy so he can pair up with LeBron, was basically saying “well he can just fake the injury all he wants next season and refuse to play until they trade him”.. That behavior is fucking disgraceful. $19 million so you can pretend that you are injured and some people are actually cool with that. What the fuck is going on? How the hell did he have such an amazing season and last couple of years with us and now all of a sudden this is what is going on? What the fuck happened?

toki9
06-22-2018, 10:38 PM
I was pretty disgusted watching undisputed today when Shannon Sharpe who just basically wants the Lakers or whoever to get this guy so he can pair up with LeBron, was basically saying “well he can just fake the injury all he wants next season and refuse to play until they trade him”.. That behavior is fucking disgraceful. $19 million so you can pretend that you are injured and some people are actually cool with that. What the fuck is going on? How the hell did he have such an amazing season and last couple of years with us and now all of a sudden this is what is going on? What the fuck happened?

And that's an ex-professional player advocating hold out...

Mr. Body
06-22-2018, 10:39 PM

ESPN, man.

toki9
06-22-2018, 10:40 PM
Bob Bass was the GM in 1993 the year Rodman arrived. After Rodman got here, he started demanding a new contract which Bass and the Spurs resisted. Rodman was quoted as saying something derogatory about, "Bill Bass, or whatever that guy's name is." In 1994 McCombs sold the Spurs and Gen. McDermott fired Bass and brought in Pop as GM. The 94-95 season was a circus culminating with Rodman's antics in the playoffs. The comments about Rodman's debts and financial troubles were told to me by a member of Spurs management. Although later on I knew several people who had heard the same story.

It was McDermott's daughter who recommended Pop, right?

dbreiden83080
06-22-2018, 10:45 PM

He was a winner and a true competitor. He would never tolerate that bullshit with somebody on his team. Especially a team that had actual championship aspirations. He is just basically trolling on TV now.

tholdren
06-22-2018, 10:49 PM

Worse than typical holdout. At least when players do hold out they speak up and have a reason. Never seen this big of a crier since durant lebron carmelo. ..... oh todays nba where your dad can get you drafted

daslicer
06-22-2018, 10:52 PM

All these sports networks want Kawhi in LA so they are going to be one sided when it comes to being honest about what's going on. If Kawhi was pulling this shit in NYC or LA he would be getting hell but since it's SA it's ok to do.

superbigtime
06-22-2018, 10:57 PM

Dude i am so lost with this. I need Sean Elliott to explain it to me.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2018, 11:00 PM
Spurs played nice last season. If he continues to refuse to play despite being cleared then I suspect he'll be suspended by the team without pay. Holdouts occur in the NFL but not really in the NBA.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2018, 11:16 PM

What happened is his uncle and his agent have no other clients and are trying to build their businesses off him. They ran off the experienced NBA agent in their group who had a very good relationship with the Spurs. The current agent doesn't represent any other NBA players and I think he has been a NFL agent. You have to assume Leonard is comfortable with this plan to make Leonard into a bigger star and parlay that into attracting more clients. It's fucked up because for Leonard personally the deterioration they've caused in the relationship with the Spurs likely has ruined his chances at getting a good part of the supermax extension.

superbigtime
06-22-2018, 11:19 PM
or marcus bryant

Thomas82
06-22-2018, 11:23 PM
The worst thing he ever did was allowing this asshole of an Uncle to get into his head this badly. He wants to send him to the largest and most pressure filled media market in the country to play basketball in. Yes you are from California, but that does not mean you are suited to play for the Los Angeles Lakers. Whenever they have even a remotely good team, it is championship or bust. And because it is Hollywood, they also expect their great basketball players to have some semblance of a personality. He has no personality of any kind. He doesn’t fucking speak. He doesn’t perform there, or refuses to play hurt, they will be calling for his head. Let’s also not gloss over the fact that he will be going to play for a young and completely unproven head coach. Leaving behind one of the great head coaches of all time, that helped to mentor and get him to where he is right now as a player. He does not belong with the Lakers. It’s completely the wrong fit.

Like I always say:

You might get what you want, but you might not want what you get.

Thomas82
06-22-2018, 11:43 PM
What happened is his uncle and his agent have no other clients and are trying to build their businesses off him. They ran off the experienced NBA agent in their group who had a very good relationship with the Spurs. The current agent doesn't represent any other NBA players and I think he has been a NFL agent. You have to assume Leonard is comfortable with this plan to make Leonard into a bigger star and parlay that into attracting more clients. It's fucked up because for Leonard personally the deterioration they've caused in the relationship with the Spurs likely has ruined his chances at getting a good part of the supermax extension.

Very well said!!

BillMc
06-23-2018, 01:09 AM

This. It's so strange to hear the media bury the Spurs for doubting Kawhi's injury and then turn around and take it for granted he could continue to sit out if they don't give him what he wants (a trade to LA); It's like they too think he was faking, yet, want to pounce on the Spurs because a) its their first chance in 20 years and that makes it a story in itself and b) Kawhi and Lebron in LA is good for their TV ratings. Screw parity for small markets.

Joseph Kony
06-23-2018, 01:12 AM
either way Kawhitter is a piece of shit. i hope we dont hang on to this autistic fucktard

dbreiden83080
06-23-2018, 01:23 PM

All very plausible and insane. You have to think for yourself Leonard. If this is what you really want fine, but if you let yourself be manipulated by your Uncle to put yourself in this spot, shame on you. Grow up and be a man already. You are 27..

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-23-2018, 04:49 PM

At this point it's clear the dude is on the autism spectrum tbqh

spursistan
06-24-2018, 12:32 AM
So this faggot is now intentionally tanking his value by telling teams he will only resign for the Lakers.

Like seriously, any supposed Spur fan who is still caping for this disgrace is devoid of any dignity and pride. Simple as that.

spursistan
07-05-2018, 05:09 AM
per reddit:

(Aldridge) "Pop told Kawhi during their meeting in June that they would acquire another All Star if he committed to them long term and that they would win the West this upcoming season."

David Aldridge reporting on nba tv. Speculated that kemba walker is the all star they would acquire. Said Kawhi is still not interested in staying with team, but Spurs are still hopeful that could change.

David Aldridge is well-respected around the league. Now marinate on this Spursfans ^..

spursistan
07-05-2018, 05:38 AM
The balls on this mute fuck to say no to the GOAT coach and model franchise, who are willing to make a pretty big financial commitment to win. I can imagine a still grieving Pop bringing the fire at the thought of what they could do next year together, promising to win the West. And I can imagine this brainwashed, mute fuck with a blank expression the whole time and then silently muttering "nah I'm good". Fucking back stabbing, treacherous piece of shit.
FkLA (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17213) from the other the thread..Nothing to add really

I'll be rooting for that quad to gangrene and explode on this disgraceful bitch..This is how he treats his mentor coming off a personal tragedy? Fuck him..

BillMc
07-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Kawhi is really qualified to do only two things:

1) Play professional basketball.

2) Be a mime.

And you didn't see Marcel Marceau sitting out whole seasons.

kobyz
07-05-2018, 11:19 AM
David Aldridge is well-respected around the league. Now marinate on this Spursfans ^..

Like I said all along, it's all about kawhi lost trust in the franchise, after they let him down over and over again those past years since last title, not being all about winning with a lot bs in their minds and being too cute while him being all about winning and all business... Now they trying to fix it but it's too late, he made his mind up and have to keep true to himself with this decision... Fans here should stop rant about kiwi and start putting the blaming fingers on pop and co...

spursistan
07-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Like I said all along, it's all about kawhi lost trust in the franchise, after they let him down over and over again those past years since last title, not being all about winning with a lot bs in their minds and being too cute while him being all about winning and all business... Now they trying to fix it but it's too late, he made his mind up and have to keep true to himself with this decision... Fans here should stop rant about kiwi and start putting the blaming fingers on pop and co...

2015. he got his hit pushed in by Matt Barnes in his first year as the guy
2016. Andre Robertson imposed his will. He was an MIA in a crucial Game 2 vs the Thunder..
2017. He was in Conference Finals courtesy of the team winning a Game 6 on the road and clutching out a Game 5 WITHOUT HIM in the fourth Quarter and OT

He then QUIT on them. Disgusting cowardice..He absolutely has no room.

kobyz
07-05-2018, 12:33 PM
2016. Andre Robertson imposed his will. He was an MIA in a crucial Game 2 vs the Thunder..
2017. He was in Conference Finals courtesy of the team winning a Game 6 on the road and clutching out a Game 5 WITHOUT HIM in the fourth Quarter and OT

Pop and co quit the team since last title, Pop being full of himself, soft and too cute, not carring enough about winning with such a bad managment and coaching, Pop: "winning is great but vacation is good also", Pop not about winning anymore, caring too much about politic, media looking and loyality, Kawhi just put Pop and co in their Place somthing the fans should have done long ago instead making him a god, now Pop and fans got what they deserved!

daslicer
07-05-2018, 12:40 PM
Pop and co quit the team since last title, Pop being full of himself not carring enough about winning with such a bad managment and coaching, Pop: "winning is great but vacation is good also", Pop not about winning anymore, caring too much about politic and media looking, Kawhi just put Pop and co in their Place somthing the fans should have done long ago instead making him a god, now Pop and fans got what they deserved!

Pop cared about winning your full of shit. In '15 he actively went after LMA and David West along with adding Simmons. In '16 the Spurs added David Lee, Dedmon, Gasol which were great additions. Spurs would have won in '16 if Zaza didn't take out Kawhi so you can't say the Spurs weren't focused on winning. You have right to bitch about their moves in '17 but outside of that the Spurs have been super committed to trying to put together a championship team. Hell if Kawhi played this year they would have had a chance to beat Golden State.

kobyz
07-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Pop cared about winning your full of shit. In '15 he actively went after LMA and David West along with adding Simmons. In '16 the Spurs added David Lee, Dedmon, Gasol which were great additions. Spurs would have won in '16 if Zaza didn't take out Kawhi so you can't say the Spurs weren't focused on winning. You have right to bitch about their moves in '17 but outside of that the Spurs have been super committed to trying to put together a championship team. Hell if Kawhi played this year they would have had a chance to beat Golden State.

and what about 2014, staying put? that season was such a miss oportonity to repeat, Pop was so too cute and soft with his coaching also, that when he help bigtime to form the warriors by gift them the first title, since then spurs one step behind and a messed up team cause Pop took a year of and not doing enough to recover cause he also have a lot bs other than winning in his mind...

daslicer
07-05-2018, 01:18 PM
and what about 2014, staying put? that season was such a miss oportonity to repeat, Pop was so too cute and soft with his coaching also, that when he help bigtime to form the warriors by gift them the first title, since then spurs one step behind and a messed up team cause Pop took a year of and not doing enough to recover cause he also have a lot bs other than winning in his mind...

Spurs got screwed with a lot of injuries in 2015 which put them in a bad situation seeding wise. Splitter was playing with a broken calf during the playoffs, Parker was also hurt with a major injury and experienced a significant drop off. It just wasn't meant to be in 2015. I doubt Pop could predict the future and see that his team was going to have a shit load of injuries during the summer of '14. I didn't blame him for keeping that team in tact because I felt they were also good enough to win it all again and probably would have had they not been hit with all those injuries. Also the Spurs tried to get Gasol in the summer of '14 but ended up losing out on him due to Chicago offering him more money which the Spurs couldn't match due to being over the cap.

bic50
07-05-2018, 01:30 PM

With "fans" like you I guess I don't blame Kawhi for wanting to leave. Smh

kobyz
07-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Spurs got screwed with a lot of injuries in 2015 which put them in a bad situation seeding wise. Splitter was playing with a broken calf during the playoffs, Parker was also hurt with a major injury and experienced a significant drop off. It just wasn't meant to be in 2015. I doubt Pop could predict the future and see that his team was going to have a shit load of injuries during the summer of '14. I didn't blame him for keeping that team in tact because I felt they were also good enough to win it all again and probably would have had they not been hit with all those injuries. Also the Spurs tried to get Gasol in the summer of '14 but ended up losing out on him due to Chicago offering him more money which the Spurs couldn't match due to being over the cap.

lol no! pop naivness and coaching what put us in bad seeding and we could win it all in 2015 if pop wasn't so soft and passive, he had no fire! ("winning is good but vacation is also not bad" show you all of his mind set) , i do blame him for keeping the team the same at all costs cause you know you have to had something to get over the hump of being satisfied after winning a title with that squed(we could have had paul pierce)... pathetic how you letting pop off the hook, he is full of shit and he costs us kawhi... to me he is also overrated coach and because of him we were so underachiever in the tim duncan era not winning more titles..

kobyz
07-05-2018, 02:47 PM

davidbowie
07-05-2018, 02:55 PM
kawhi screwed us over but we still won a title partly because of him. things couldve ended up worse :toast

daslicer
07-05-2018, 02:56 PM
lol no! pop naivness and coaching what put us in bad seeding and we could win it all in 2015 if pop wasn't so soft and passive, he had no fire! ("winning is good but vacation is also not bad" show you all of his mind set) , i do blame him for keeping the team the same at all costs cause you know you have to had something to get over the hump of being satisfied after winning a title with that squed(we could have had paul pierce)... pathetic how you letting pop off the hook, he is full of shit and he costs us kawhi... to me he is also overrated coach and because of him we were so underachiever in the tim duncan era not winning more titles..

I don't think Pop is great. I have been highly critical of his coaching decisions in the past. I called him out for years when he played Bonner/Blair. I thought that combo was retarded. It drove me nuts when he would go with his awful small ball line ups for years starting from the mid '00s until the start of this decade. I felt his small ball line up costs the Spurs a title in '06. I thought him benching Duncan in game 6 in '13 was huge fuck up that cost the Spurs the title. Pop is not perfect but I'm not stupid to blame the lack of success the Spurs have had the last few years on him.

The last 4 years the Spurs have been dicked over with injuries that didn't allow them to contend. '15 Splitter and Parker were pretty much done, '16 Duncan's knee blew out, '17 Kawhi's injury, '18 Kawhi's medical hold out. Pop had no control over any of these events.

kobyz
07-05-2018, 02:59 PM
I don't think Pop is great. I have been highly critical of his coaching decisions in the past. I called him out for years when he played Bonner/Blair. I thought that combo was retarded. It drove me nuts when he would go with his awful small ball line ups for years starting from the mid '00s until the start of this decade. I felt his small ball line up costs the Spurs a title in '06. I thought him benching Duncan in game 6 in '13 was huge fuck up that cost the Spurs the title. Pop is not perfect but I'm not stupid to blame the lack of success the Spurs have had the last few years on him.

The last 4 years the Spurs have been dicked over with injuries that didn't allow them to contend. '15 Splitter and Parker were pretty much done, '16 Duncan's knee blew out, '17 Kawhi's injury, '18 Kawhi's medical hold out. Pop had no control over any of these events.

splitter wasn't an important piece and parker wasn't injured...

Play Boban
07-05-2018, 03:00 PM
kawhi screwed us over but we still won a title partly because of him. things couldve ended up worse :toast
We lost another because of the cancer too. Cost us another title in 2016.

daslicer
07-05-2018, 03:05 PM
splitter wasn't an important piece and parker wasn't injured...

Parker had an ankle injury at the start of that series against the Clippers that severely limited him. Splitter was also a huge part of the Spurs resurgence after '11. Splitter was the best interior defender the Spurs had outside of Duncan. He was also the only guy the Spurs had that could roll to the basket.

jag
07-05-2018, 04:32 PM

Brazil
07-05-2018, 04:46 PM

long time no see bro.. sup

tholdren
07-05-2018, 04:47 PM

Truth too hard to swallow? Kl never led spurs to anything. Fact. Hes kind of like the admiral in that respect. Great talent. Could not impose will.

Had kl been vocal about wanting out and why, he would be better viewed, but maybe hes smarter than all of st and knows what fans think doesnt really matter bc hes still getting paid...

People are disgruntled because he doesnt love the organization as much as they do and think others did. If you dont like it, stop watching or reading.

Hes a loser. And unprofessional. No other way around it.

jag
07-05-2018, 04:51 PM
long time no see bro.. sup

Just sitting back, watching the train wreck. Still attending the CoT.

How you been?

cd98
07-05-2018, 04:53 PM
Two years ago, I never saw this coming. Dude is pathetic. You don't run and hide from someone that's paying you $20 million to play basketball. If you are injured and you are the one telling the truth, then why are you hiding and acting like either juvenile or a fraud.

spursistan
07-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Please go slurp somewhere else, fanboy. You are just too boring..

Budkin
07-05-2018, 05:27 PM
We lost another because of the cancer too. Cost us another title in 2016.

Kawhi was completely shut down by this dude:

https://b.fssta.com/uploads/application/nba/players/548635.vresize.350.425.medium.83.png

cd98
07-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Kawhi was completely shut down by this dude:

https://b.fssta.com/uploads/application/nba/players/548635.vresize.350.425.medium.83.png

That's kind. The other option is a 40 year Matt Barnes.

Brazil
07-06-2018, 09:05 AM
Just sitting back, watching the train wreck. Still attending the CoT.

How you been?

:tu

I'm doing great bro.. just nervous about this game vs uruguay

DMC
07-06-2018, 09:32 AM
No Kawhi is a better offensive player than Klay Thompson so what the fuck?

DMC
07-06-2018, 09:35 AM
If Kawhi Leonard went to the Lakers to play with LeBron James, every time there was a shortcoming it would be blamed on someone other than LeBron James. It would most likely be blamed on Kawhi and his offensive struggles. This is especially true if Kawhi signed a big contract.

Despite the Stellar resume Kawhi has built for himself in the last few years he's taking a huge hit these last year or so with this injury issue and his subsequent Antics regarding the Spurs. I don't see how any team would think they could deal with a guy who feels it's okay to shut off communications with the team is paying them 18 million a year.

I know the NBA franchises are cannibalistic toward each other but they should be more cooperative and turn their backs on players who do that shit.

tholdren
07-06-2018, 09:37 AM
:tu

I'm doing great bro.. just nervous about this game vs uruguay

French poodle

cd98
07-06-2018, 10:07 AM
If Kawhi Leonard went to the Lakers to play with LeBron James, every time there was a shortcoming it would be blamed on someone other than LeBron James. It would most likely be blamed on Kawhi and his offensive struggles. This is especially true if Kawhi signed a big contract.

Despite the Stellar resume Kawhi has built for himself in the last few years he's taking a huge hit these last year or so with this injury issue and his subsequent Antics regarding the Spurs. I don't see how any team would think they could deal with a guy who feels it's okay to shut off communications with the team is paying them 18 million a year.

I know the NBA franchises are cannibalistic toward each other but they should be more cooperative and turn their backs on players who do that shit.

Reporters will be demanding interviews with Kawhi. He won't be able to be a quiet mute in LA. He's going to hate it there, but I hope he gets his wish. I hope he is in LA.

DMC
07-06-2018, 10:36 AM
I don't care where he goes tbh. Just get on with whatever it is so we can know who our team will be. Playing for Pop could be a real grind, and I get it that someone would want to leave, but any job that pays you 18m a year probably has something to do with keeping in touch with those paying you. Benefit of doubt is fine until you realize the guy isn't going to ever communicate. He basically ghosted the Spurs.

dbreiden83080
07-06-2018, 10:40 AM
So now we know he was hiding from the team in NY. This dude is a cowardly scumbag. Buyer Beware for all that want him. Straight Up Bitch..

spursistan
07-06-2018, 02:06 PM
I still can't believe where this dude was hiding all of this perfidy and cowardice :lol..

james evans
07-06-2018, 03:03 PM
You guys are saying he wasn't never any good, but mad that he's leaving :lol