PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith: "From what my sources told me, Kawhi Leonard met with Gregg Popovich

Amuseddaysleeper
06-20-2018, 11:01 AM
Stephen A Smith: "From what my sources told me, Kawhi Leonard met with Gregg Popovich face-to-face, looked him dead in the face and told him 'I don't want to be here. I don't want to be in San Antonio any longer.'"

https://streamable.com/f4rcz

spursistan
06-20-2018, 11:08 AM
There is absolutely nothing new here..Check the 90 plus page thread, we don't need to clutter up the place with new topics..

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 11:19 AM
Stephen A Smith: "From what my sources told me, Kawhi Leonard met with Gregg Popovich face-to-face, looked him dead in the face and told him 'I don't want to be here. I don't want to be in San Antonio any longer.'"

https://streamable.com/f4rcz

I hope Pop told him his agent better find a three way deal to get the Spurs something they really want if he wants to get his trade to the Lakers then. Because until then he is under contract to the Spurs.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-20-2018, 11:46 AM
There is absolutely nothing new here..Check the 90 plus page thread, we don't need to clutter up the place with new topics..

I thought the latest news was that the meeting was “good” between Pop and Kawhi

This suggests the opposite

sananspursfan21
06-20-2018, 12:02 PM
I hope hope HOPE the trade rumor about Kemba Walker and Kevin Love coming here aren’t true. Love is the white Aldridge and Kemba Walker is upper mid level talent :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 12:08 PM
If so, make him play out his contract and let him walk. He's undermining his trade value and after last season it's apparent he had already quit on the team. If he doesn't show up to play, suspend without pay.

John B
06-20-2018, 12:09 PM
Stephen Smith is heavy on the dramatics. There’s still nothing new. I sincerely feel Kawhi wants out because his camp is not denying rumors, and they’re working on agreeable trade. I am disappointed but still hoping for the best. I can’t wait for the draft and what Spurs can do to swing their way. Spurs need a lockdown defender to slow down Durant. And better shooters to surround LMA.

spurraider21
06-20-2018, 12:10 PM
If so, make him play out his contract and let him walk. He's undermining his trade value and after last season it's apparent he had already quit on the team. If he doesn't show up to play, suspend without pay.
based on the offers we're supposedly getting, absolutely.

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 12:11 PM
Stephen Smith is heavy on the dramatics. There’s still nothing new. I sincerely feel Kawhi wants out because his camp is not denying rumors, and they’re working on agreeable trade. I am disappointed but still hoping for the best. I can’t wait for the draft and what Spurs can do to swing their way. Spurs need a lockdown defender to slow down Durant. And better shooters to surround LMA.

For what? They'll only face him 3-4 times a year and all in the regular season.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 12:12 PM
I hope Pop told him his agent better find a three way deal to get the Spurs something they really want if he wants to get his trade to the Lakers then. Because until then he is under contract to the Spurs.

Yeah, we're not going to participate in any sign and trade/extension then trade scenario unless we get a good return. It will cost you to leave.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 12:15 PM
Things that seem apparent and not necessarily mutually exclusive:

1. Leonard wants to go to LA.
2. Spurs never wanted to supermax Leonard.

Spurs9
06-20-2018, 12:20 PM
He will be traded by tomorrow night imo

John B
06-20-2018, 12:20 PM
I think Spurs will make the playoffs. And eventually will face Dubs. We need a prototype Kawhi to defend Durant and knock down 3’s. I’m not sure what Spurs are trying to get back for Leonard but Spurs are thin on offense, barely scoring 90’s with its current roster. That’s too much load on LMA and hard to trade baskets with Dubs/Houston.

poop
06-20-2018, 12:21 PM

Like the spurs (or anyone) is gonna even competr with GS for the next couple years :rollin

daslicer
06-20-2018, 12:22 PM
I think Spurs will make the playoffs. And eventually will face Dubs. We need a prototype Kawhi to defend Durant and knock down 3’s. I’m not sure what Spurs are trying to get back for Leonard but Spurs are thin on offense, barely scoring 90’s with its current roster. That’s too much load on LMA and hard to trade baskets with Dubs/Houston.

With Kawhi wanting to get traded I have accepted the Spurs are out of contention for now. Spurs need a superstar level SF or SG to be able to compete with the Warriors which they won't have once they get rid of Kawhi.

SpursDynasty85
Things that seem apparent and not necessarily mutually exclusive:

1. Leonard wants to go to LA.
2. Spurs never wanted to supermax Leonard.

If Kawhis group was expecting the Spurs to give them the Super Max last year that would be a little odd unless it was discussed a while ago. Second, if the Spurs believe Kawhis group is just wanting the max only to force a trade down the road, if course the Spurs wouldn't do that. I dont think there will ever be any clear story on what really happened because it's obvious the Spurs believe Kawhi and his uncle orchestrated all this and Kawhi is blaming Spurs for not trusting him. How can we know exactly what Kawhi was thinking or feeling. He is not going to rat on himself.

dbestpro
If it is inevitable that Leonard will end up in LA, I would put him with the Clippers before Lakers. Take both Clippers first round picks, Tobias Harris, and sign and trade Harrell.

Spurs9
06-20-2018, 12:25 PM
If it is inevitable that Leonard will end up in LA, I would put him with the Clippers before Lakers. Take both Clippers first round picks, Tobias Harris, and sign and trade Harrell.

Absolutely, and let Magic do a bidding war. It’s a good strategy, he said he wants to be in LA, meaning he would likely sign a extension with Clippers and leave Magic scrambling, especially if Houston gets LeBron and Lakers only end up with PG. It’s good leverage for a lot of other offers. LeBron could even consider the Clippers if they build it well.

Mugen
06-20-2018, 12:25 PM
If Kawhi really did that, then that's good news going forward. The meeting itself is good news as Pop will have clarity on how move forward on this thing.

BSfromTX
06-20-2018, 12:30 PM
If Kawhi really did that, then that's good news going forward. The meeting itself is good news as Pop will have clarity on how move forward on this thing.

agree and draft night will shed some light on what direction Pop will go

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 12:35 PM
Clippers, Cavs, Celtics, and Sixers are the teams to see if any will come with an offer that will jump start a rebuild.

The Spurs have the leverage of time and Bird Rights.

John B
06-20-2018, 12:37 PM
This draft is deep. A couple of lottery picks plus Spurs own picks can get Spurs on track quick. Sign and trade to Clippers so Magic continues salivating for him for years. By 2-3 years Spurs should be in contention.

John B
06-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Oh and sign Zaza in case we meet Kawhi next season :lol

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 12:46 PM
This draft is deep. A couple of lottery picks plus Spurs own picks can get Spurs on track quick. Sign and trade to Clippers so Magic continues salivating for him for years. By 2-3 years Spurs should be in contention.

:lmao

John B
06-20-2018, 12:48 PM
Well I guess Boston is a better organization than us if that’s the case.

tmtcsc
06-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Last season I tried to remain objective and gave Leonard the benefit of the doubt. Everything we saw from the guy in his previous seasons showed a hard-working, superstar in the making. Although he missed time with injuries, the prevailing thought was that it killed him not to be on the court competing with his teammates. I honestly was surprised he didn't come back to play against Golden State in the WCF. His ankle injury didn't look that bad and he even shot the two free throws. That always stuck with me. He never even attempted to give it a go.

But after everything that transpired this past season: a lingering injury that kept him out of all but 9 regular season games, rumors of a meddling uncle, wanting to be in LA, not being supportive of his teammates during the playoffs, etc., I've completely changed my opinion on him. Its sad. Someone with so much talent and a bright future seems to be heading down the wrong path and doing things the wrong way. He's been unprofessional, has lacked integrity and been a horrible distraction.

At worst, he dicked-over the franchise by faking the severity of an injury, created unnecessary drama with his absenteeism and attempted to orchestrate a trade that would leave the franchise in a bind. At best, he's an easily manipulated, mentally-challenged, overly-sensitive train wreck that is allowing his career and reputation to get derailed by his uncle.

In either case, he's a fucking asshole. I'm not sure how you repair something like this. Other teams are salivating at a chance to add him to their rosters but they should really pump the brakes. He and his amateur representation or 'group' are as bush-league as it gets.

No wonder Pop was so pissed off and acted so uncharacteristically in front of the cameras and media. He never got so hot even when he had to deal with Dennis Rodman. I put some blame on Tony for being an ass-kisser and trying to secure another contract with his "100 times worse" comments but I think the situation was probably at its breaking point by then. In other words, TP's comments weren't the turning point. It was over by then. Even Manu seemed like he had enough with the bullshit. He supported Kawhi at first but something changed. He must have learned something that made him call out Leonard for not even being around and trying to be a part of the team.

I'm ok with whatever the front office does with him at this point but sending him where he wants to go would just be rewarding unacceptable behavior imo. Fuck the Lakers. If he gets traded, I hope the Spurs get an influx of talent that will compete their asses off.

spurs10
06-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Good posts!

BSfromTX
06-20-2018, 01:15 PM
Last season I tried to remain objective and gave Leonard the benefit of the doubt. Everything we saw from the guy in his previous seasons showed a hard-working, superstar in the making. Although he missed time with injuries, the prevailing thought was that it killed him not to be on the court competing with his teammates. I honestly was surprised he didn't come back to play against Golden State in the WCF. His ankle injury didn't look that bad and he even shot the two free throws. That always stuck with me. He never even attempted to give it a go.

But after everything that transpired this past season: a lingering injury that kept him out of all but 9 regular season games, rumors of a meddling uncle, wanting to be in LA, not being supportive of his teammates during the playoffs, etc., I've completely changed my opinion on him. Its sad. Someone with so much talent and a bright future seems to be heading down the wrong path and doing things the wrong way. He's been unprofessional, has lacked integrity and been a horrible distraction.

At worst, he dicked-over the franchise by faking the severity of an injury, created unnecessary drama with his absenteeism and attempted to orchestrate a trade that would leave the franchise in a bind. At best, he's an easily manipulated, mentally-challenged, overly-sensitive train wreck that is allowing his career and reputation to get derailed by his uncle.

In either case, he's a fucking asshole. I'm not sure how you repair something like this. Other teams are salivating at a chance to add him to their rosters but they should really pump the brakes. He and his amateur representation or 'group' are as bush-league as it gets.

No wonder Pop was so pissed off and acted so uncharacteristically in front of the cameras and media. He never got so hot even when he had to deal with Dennis Rodman. I put some blame on Tony for being an ass-kisser and trying to secure another contract with his "100 times worse" comments but I think the situation was probably at its breaking point by then. In other words, TP's comments weren't the turning point. It was over by then. Even Manu seemed like he had enough with the bullshit. He supported Kawhi at first but something changed. He must have learned something that made him call out Leonard for not even being around and trying to be a part of the team.

I'm ok with whatever the front office does with him at this point but sending him where he wants to go would just be rewarding unacceptable behavior imo. Fuck the Lakers. If he gets traded, I hope the Spurs get an influx of talent that will compete their asses off.

agree, and most likely why Pop said don't bother being on the bench (if that is indeed true)

John B
06-20-2018, 01:20 PM
As Skip mentioned, Uncle Dennis poisoned Kawhi against the Spurs for a bigger market. If all of these were true, Kawhi will come down as the biggest asshole that played the game. To do that to the most respected organization. Pops flew to SoCal to personally knock on his door after being dodged multiple times. And he was going to discourage other teams trading other than Lakers that makes it difficult to trade him for best value? What did the Spurs do to these jackass? Ungrateful bitch.

SpursDynasty85
06-20-2018, 01:27 PM
agree, and most likely why Pop said don't bother being on the bench (if that is indeed true)

Agree. Multiple reports suggested that the team meeting is where they told him to just stay in NY and rehab. To the Spurs the writing was on the wall that he was planning to sit out the whole season which I'm sure infuriated Pop. I wouldn't call that meeting a "Code Red" but a chance to see if Kawhi would at least respond honestly and openly for a team he is supposed to be leading (franchise player's responsibility). Unfortunately for the Spurs and Kawhi, that is not Kawhi's mo. Both sides are to blame but I don't blame the Spurs. The Spurs have always run their organization differently and will continue to keep their culture instead of caving into superstar melodrama. Spurs and Pop had a large part in getting Kawhi the wide recognition of being at least a top 5 maybe even the BEST player in the NBA now when healthy. Spurs will be Spurs and they still have 2 years of very good LMA to work off and hopefully some young assets and cap room over the next few years to stay in punching distance.

DJR210
06-20-2018, 01:29 PM
Oh and sign Zaza in case we meet Kawhi next season :lol

:lol :tu

cd98
06-20-2018, 01:39 PM
I laugh at this newfound appreciation for Zaza on Spurstalk.

daslicer
06-20-2018, 01:42 PM
I laugh at this newfound appreciation for Zaza on Spurstalk.

Even though Kawhi turned out to be retarded bitch with what he's pulled this year I will always despise Zaza. If you think about it he cost the Spurs a chance to win another title with his cheap shot and it will probably be a long time before the Spurs are ever in that position again.

dbestpro
06-20-2018, 01:45 PM
After the inevitable trade occurs they need to file suit for a return of a portion of his salary, and then file a grievance requesting a one year suspension from the NBA.

Pavlov
06-20-2018, 01:54 PM
I laugh at this newfound appreciation for Zaza on Spurstalk.Zaza's a goon who doesn't belong in the NBA, but he never pretended to be anything else. Kawhi chose to be a turd.

tholdren
06-20-2018, 02:07 PM
I hope hope HOPE the trade rumor about Kemba Walker and Kevin Love coming here aren’t true. Love is the white Aldridge and Kemba Walker is upper mid level talent :rolleyes

Love is worse than aldridge. Bigger baby than kl tbh

BillMc
06-20-2018, 02:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=437QBSDbITY

cd98
06-20-2018, 02:34 PM
My guess is the meeting was more about how to handle his trade rather than get him to re-sign with the Spurs.

SpursDynasty85
06-20-2018, 02:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=437QBSDbITY

I hate First Take and Stephen A Smith but he is very connected with LA. His words are too strong not to have strong narrative behind it. Uncle Dennis and Magic are probably super tight right now and Uncle Dennis's mind is probably made up which is why everyone including Pop wants to hear it from the goat's mouth and not his "camp". Kawhi being at home is probably a good consolation prize out of this whole mess. Hopefully the Lakers don't get Lebron and PG. I can live with just one but not all 3. That team would be too stacked.

TD 21
06-20-2018, 04:38 PM
If Leonard is traded, but not to L.A., he'd lose out on $79M to sign their in '19. He'd also have to leave, most likely, the Celtics or 76ers, both of whom are or at least would be with him, set up to contend for the foreseeable future, to join either the Clippers, who appear poised to get on the treadmill of mediocrity or the Lakers, who appear on the path to it if they don't sign James and George. And if they do, they'd have difficulty carving out a third max slot for him.

If I'm the Spurs and if it has to come to a trade, the Celtics, 76ers, etc., I'm absolutely calling his bluff on this L.A. or bust notion.

BackHome
06-20-2018, 04:40 PM
Fuck it some team will do a one year rental if we can get a good draft pick from that and a player do it.

Spurs9
06-20-2018, 04:42 PM
If Leonard is traded, but not to L.A., he'd lose out on $79M to sign their in '19. He'd also have to leave, most likely, the Celtics or 76ers, both of whom are or at least would be with him, set up to contend for the foreseeable future, to join either the Clippers, who appear poised to get on the treadmill of mediocrity or the Lakers, who appear on the path to it if they don't sign James and George. And if they do, they'd have difficulty carving out a third max slot for him.

If I'm the Spurs and if it has to come to a trade, the Celtics, 76ers, etc., I'm absolutely calling his bluff on this L.A. or bust notion.

Exactly, and if they had to trade to LA sending him to the Clippers would blow up alot of the Lakers plans. I'd trade him to the Celtics for Brown and whatever I could get.

coachmac87
06-20-2018, 04:42 PM

Spurs wouldn’t be the ones calling his bluff...it’d be the team giving their assets up for Kawhi who would be calling his bluff

John B
06-20-2018, 05:07 PM
Jerry West is working hard to get Kawhi to the Clippers. Let them have him instead of the Lakers. He’d be in his beloved LA. Get their two first round picks, Tobias and some other assets to match the salary. Sign and trade if possible to get him stuck at Clippers for years, not one year. I’d be happy with that. Let’s see he lead that team. I know he’s the best 2 or 3 players in the league, but he’s not a leader. In a lot of ways, he is a great system player in Spurs system. Let’s see he proves this wrong. I doubt it. He’s not a LeBron or a KD. Without a LeBron, a CP3 or a great coach to draw up for him, I doubt he makes it. At best he’d be another Jimmy Butler.

BSfromTX
06-20-2018, 05:07 PM

I don't get it either. Some of the talking heads suggested that he would just wait til hes a FA and sign with LA, but like you mentioned, he loses a TON of money. Playing in LA can't be that great. So they must be convinced Pop is going to do him a solid and trade him there. Thats a lot of money to be gambling on.

BSfromTX
06-20-2018, 05:10 PM
Jerry West is working hard to get Kawhi to the Clippers. Let them have him instead of the Lakers. He’d be in his beloved LA. Get their two first round picks, Tobias and some other assets to match the salary. Sign and trade if possible to get him stuck at Clippers for years, not one year. I’d be happy with that. Let’s see he lead that team. I know he’s the best 2 or 3 players in the league, but he’s not a leader. In a lot of ways, he is a great system player in Spurs system. Let’s see he proves this wrong. I doubt it. He’s not a LeBron or a KD. Without a LeBron, a CP3 or a great coach to draw up for him, I doubt he makes it. At best he’d be another Jimmy Butler.

Agree.

RD2191
06-20-2018, 05:12 PM
Agree.

KD a leader? :lmao

BSfromTX
06-20-2018, 05:16 PM
KD a leader? :lmao

More than kawhi.

John B
06-20-2018, 05:16 PM
If Spurs can convince LeBron to come, they would have room. With the assets that Kawhi’s trade can bring, who knows? I think Kawhi is replaceable with a great defender to slow down Durant, and enough firepower to trade baskets. Losing Kawhi is not the end of the world for Spurs. Again I’m convinced Kawhi is a great system player and can be replaced. He was drafted 15th and Spurs system molded him to the player he is now. Bruce Bowen was not a great 2way but he served his purpose and guarded the best perimeter offense day in and out. He even occasionally guarded Nowitzki. We don’t necessarily needed a Kawhi.

RD2191
06-20-2018, 05:17 PM
More than kawhi.

Doubt it.

r0drig0lac
06-20-2018, 05:23 PM

Kawhi may be the biggest beta in the world, and if healthy, he's a better basketball player than Kevin Durant (there are at least 10 players who can win 2 straight titles with gsw instead of Durant)

ps: I still hope Kawhi has a serious injury in his first game for the Lakers

dbreiden83080
06-20-2018, 05:51 PM
Likely true, although 99% of what comes out of SAS mouth is bullshit. Who in SA in the know would tell him anything exactly? The whole "My sources" routine is so comical in sports and media these days..

RD2191
06-20-2018, 05:52 PM
Likely true, although 99% of what comes out of SAS mouth is bullshit. Who in SA in the know would tell him anything exactly? The whole "My sources" routine is so comical in sports and media these days..

Jabari? :lol

cd021
06-20-2018, 05:55 PM

The Clippers are only offering number 12 and Harris for Kawhi but both firsts and Harris is better than any of the the Laker's potential trash packages.

SpursDynasty85
06-20-2018, 06:02 PM
The Clippers are only offering number 12 and Harris for Kawhi but both firsts and Harris is better than any of the the Laker's potential trash packages.

At first I thought even both picks were bad but then I saw how little Tobias Harris is being paid over the next 3 years and it looks pretty good. Saves us money to go after another good free agent this year or next year as well. Package all 3 picks for a top 4 and you have even more upside. Basically top 4 plus contract friendly Harris. Sounds good to me.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 06:03 PM
Boston and Philly can offer better deals, just need to wait.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2018, 06:12 PM
Side note: Kawhi's uncle is paid by Kawhi's out-of-the-trunk agent as a marketing or PR person, right? So, if Kawhi's uncle has been talking to the Lakers (or any other team), how is it NOT tampering? I thought player agents (or anyone else being paid to represent a player) cannot talk to another team without the Spurs' permission.

cjw
06-20-2018, 06:19 PM
Side note: Kawhi's uncle is paid by Kawhi's out-of-the-trunk agent as a marketing or PR person, right? So, if Kawhi's uncle has been talking to the Lakers (or any other team), how is it NOT tampering? I thought player agents (or anyone else being paid to represent a player) cannot talk to another team without the Spurs' permission.

Lawsuit to see the texts would be more interesting than seeing Tom Brady’s texts with the equipment manager.

Would be awesome if he forces his way to the Lakers and resigns, only to have the quad crap be degenerative and limit him PLUS have them be penalized for tampering.

And Kawhi cares about endorsements? This destroyed his image.

spurs10
06-20-2018, 06:20 PM

:toast

Side note: Kawhi's uncle is paid by Kawhi's out-of-the-trunk agent as a marketing or PR person, right? So, if Kawhi's uncle has been talking to the Lakers (or any other team), how is it NOT tampering? I thought player agents (or anyone else being paid to represent a player) cannot talk to another team without the Spurs' permission. It sure looks like tampering to me! Something tells me his Uncle is going to cost him about $80 million and he isn't going to be wearing purple and gold. Not very smart.
:flag:

SpursDynasty85
06-20-2018, 06:21 PM
Have to question whether his toughness and ability to win will be as effective in other non super teams though.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 06:24 PM

:tu

Seems clear there's communication happening. How to prove though...

Also, Kawhi's actual agent has more experience with representing NFL players, which kinda explains his holdout in all but name last season.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 06:31 PM
Clearest path to resolving this clusterfuck is to trade Leonard to an EC team this summer, without signing him to the supermax. Seems harsh, but don't badmouth the team, avoid playing, and demand a trade publicly.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2018, 06:32 PM
:tu

Seems clear there's communication happening. How to prove though...

Also, Kawhi's actual agent has more experience with representing NFL players, which kinda explains his holdout in all but name last season.

True. His actual agent (Mitch Frankel?) was an odd choice for Kawhi. He's so bush league. Last I looked, the agency didn't even have a working website, and the agent was operating with just a gmail address. Not to mention Kawhi's old agent suing the agency/Frankel and all that.

FkLA
06-20-2018, 06:42 PM

How is my nigga timvp taking the news? Does it hurt? :(

Kori Ellis
06-20-2018, 06:43 PM
How is my nigga timvp taking the news? Does it hurt? :(

He's not pleased.

travis2
06-20-2018, 06:45 PM
He's not pleased.

Got the china hidden? Or have you already eliminated that as an issue yourself? :lol

LkrFan
06-20-2018, 06:46 PM
For what? They'll only face him 3-4 times a year and all in the regular season .
:wow

FkLA
06-20-2018, 06:47 PM
He's not pleased.

:depressed

Kori Ellis
06-20-2018, 06:51 PM
Got the china hidden? Or have you already eliminated that as an issue yourself? :lol

Hi, Trav. The situation is just perplexing more than anything. Kawhi's behavior doesn't help himself...whether he wants to leave or not. So I just don't get it.

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 06:52 PM
He's not pleased.

Don't let him take down timvp.com in anger if PATFO caves and sends Kawhi to LA.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 06:53 PM
True. His actual agent (Mitch Frankel?) was an odd choice for Kawhi. He's so bush league. Last I looked, the agency didn't even have a working website, and the agent was operating with just a gmail address. Not to mention Kawhi's old agent suing the agency/Frankel and all that.

If in order to get a trade done the Spurs have to sign him to the supermax first they will, but the amount of bad blood created so far by his reps has endangered that. It's really strange, Leonard probably could've gotten the supermax and an early player option done already if this hadn't become so adversarial.

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 06:56 PM
If in order to get a trade done the Spurs have to sign him to the supermax first they will, but the amount of bad blood created so far by his reps has endangered that. It's really strange, Leonard probably could've gotten the supermax and an early player option done already if this hadn't become so adversarial.

They can't trade him for a calendar year after signing him to a supermax deal, so that's not an option IMO.

travis2
06-20-2018, 06:57 PM
Hi, Trav. The situation is just perplexing more than anything. Kawhi's behavior doesn't help himself...whether he wants to leave or not. So I just don't get it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. When asked I've just been shaking my head and saying "let's see what's here come October". I got nothing else...

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 06:58 PM
Re: collusion, not just the Lakers but ESPN are involved. The NBA is kinda maxing out as an entertainment option in the US. Super teams, Warriors-Cavs Finals, it's becoming stale and predictable. Trying to Make (the) Lakers Great Again isn't going to help. LeBron to the Lakers is a last gasp tbh.

spurs10
06-20-2018, 07:11 PM
They can't trade him for a calendar year after signing him to a supermax deal, so that's not an option IMO. This!

I suppose if they can't make a trade and he's here all year there might some thought of how it could help our trade situation. I have a feeling his 'crew' will find a way to screw that up. He's already out $80 million and if he gets suspended that might make it an even $100 million. Shrewd business!

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 07:25 PM
They can't trade him for a calendar year after signing him to a supermax deal, so that's not an option IMO.

Then Uncle Dennis has royally fucked his nephew.

r0drig0lac
06-20-2018, 07:45 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23856933

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 07:47 PM
Then Uncle Dennis has royally fucked his nephew.

If you really want to have a laugh, the Lakers won't even be able to make a max offer of 4 years, $139 million next summer provided they sign James and Paul George to the max deals they'll be looking for even if they salary dump everyone else (including picks) and take zero in return. Thanks to cap holds for empty roster spots under 12 at $889k a pop the absolute max they'd be able to offer Kawhi next summer is 4 years, $130 million should they sign James and PG13 this summer. If they sign those two LA is going to have to blindly salary dump at least one of Ingram and Ball to open up enough space for James + George. They can't stretch Deng if they want Kawhi next summer, because if they do it takes off $7.36 million from the base salary they could offer Kawhi so that their max offer would be only 4 years, $99 million. Of course all this is moot if LeBron doesn't join the Lakers. We know George is signing there though.

Mr. Body
06-20-2018, 07:50 PM

I'm guessing there's enough to nail the Lakers on tampering with Kawhi already.

baseline bum
06-20-2018, 07:51 PM
I'm guessing there's enough to nail the Lakers on tampering with Kawhi already.

I'm guessing Silver wouldn't care if there was.

Ron Swanson
06-20-2018, 07:52 PM

Magic warning others about tampering is fucking hilarious.

Mr. Body
06-20-2018, 07:55 PM

I think Silver would do something if he was given the evidence. Stern wouldn't. Silver would.

99 Problems
06-20-2018, 07:58 PM
This time last year he does that China trip, looks like the second coming of Superman, ready to take over the league as the undisputed #1. Should have been on his way to becoming a basketball God like MJ & Bron. Instead now it’s all discussion here about camps, entourages, agents, law suits, tampering, ruining relationships, reputations, Wot a web we sometimes weave.

cd021
06-20-2018, 10:34 PM
At first I thought even both picks were bad but then I saw how little Tobias Harris is being paid over the next 3 years and it looks pretty good. Saves us money to go after another good free agent this year or next year as well. Package all 3 picks for a top 4 and you have even more upside. Basically top 4 plus contract friendly Harris. Sounds good to me.

I think Harris has one year left plus a player option. The Clippers apparently aren't going to offer both picks and if they did, I doubt Phoenix, Sac, Atlanta, or Memphis would trade back for 12,13 & 18 plus the Spurs would probably be better off using all three picks and seeing if any turn into something.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 10:42 PM
Good background. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23366667/inside-tension-kawhi-leonard-spurs

sasaint
06-20-2018, 10:47 PM

This. Screw the Spurs. Business as usual.

sasaint
06-20-2018, 10:52 PM
I think Silver would do something if he was given the evidence. Stern wouldn't. Silver would.

Who blocked Paul to the Lakers?

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2018, 10:59 PM
If you really want to have a laugh, the Lakers won't even be able to make a max offer of 4 years, $139 million next summer provided they sign James and Paul George to the max deals they'll be looking for even if they salary dump everyone else (including picks) and take zero in return. Thanks to cap holds for empty roster spots under 12 at $889k a pop the absolute max they'd be able to offer Kawhi next summer is 4 years, $130 million should they sign James and PG13 this summer. If they sign those two LA is going to have to blindly salary dump at least one of Ingram and Ball to open up enough space for James + George. They can't stretch Deng if they want Kawhi next summer, because if they do it takes off $7.36 million from the base salary they could offer Kawhi so that their max offer would be only 4 years, $99 million. Of course all this is moot if LeBron doesn't join the Lakers. We know George is signing there though.

His reps seem in way over their heads. It's clear that the injury diagnosis concern was bullshit and Leonard held out rather than play when he could. Now a trade demand and oh, he's 100%. A star player under contract refusing to play for a playoff team yet wants the supermax? At this point to get a decent return the Spurs can't unload on Leonard with what they know, but it's as Leonard's uncle set out to destroy Leonard's rep.

I don't think it occurred to Uncle Dennis that NBA people would see through the injury bullshit and find it problematic. Even at face value there's plenty of concern about a player who missed almost an entire season. What's the plan when the Spurs don't just roll over and make a trade? Another lingering mystery injury?

Mr. Body
06-20-2018, 11:05 PM
Who blocked Paul to the Lakers?

The owners.

spurs10
06-21-2018, 01:13 AM
Hi, Trav. The situation is just perplexing more than anything. Kawhi's behavior doesn't help himself...whether he wants to leave or not. So I just don't get it. :toast

Don't let him take down timvp.com in anger if PATFO caves and sends Kawhi to LA. I just saw that site. Really cool, I didn't know about it. Love it!

spurs10
06-21-2018, 01:15 AM
Who blocked Paul to the Lakers? It had something to do with Stern and the league actually owning NO at the time, so it was like a conflict of interest to the league.

polandprzem
06-21-2018, 02:05 AM
I wonder if they met tbh.

It's again sources told somebody something.

No vid, no photo and no names responsible for the info.

How shitty it is esp in this day and age when you can track everybody everywhere and we have no legit info. just speculations.

r0drig0lac
06-21-2018, 05:47 AM
The owners.

which is another proof that the league has absolutely no power to favor the lakers or any franchise

dbestpro
06-21-2018, 08:54 AM

Doesn't signing Kawhi to the supermax before a trade make the trade more difficult as you have to take more than the current salary back? I think currently we take back 17-23 mil but after signing the supermax it would be 27-33 mil or I could be completely wrong about this.

lmbebo
06-21-2018, 08:58 AM
can't sign him to the supermax and trade. Not immediatly.

TVI
06-21-2018, 09:07 AM
Truth

Shastafarian
06-21-2018, 09:21 AM

Didn't that guy also represent Jeff Ayres?

Clipper Nation
06-21-2018, 09:28 AM
Silver is still making every excuse in the book for the Warriors and how they've ruined the league's product. He wouldn't do shit to the Lakers.

Now, if the Clippers were the ones tampering, we'd probably get the SMU treatment. :rolleyes

DMC
06-21-2018, 09:43 AM

If "playing out" his contract means being in NY or LA all year nursing his swollen labia, he's no help. If he walks on his own, we'll get nothing.

DMC
06-21-2018, 09:45 AM
This is borderline Sprewell shit if true.

San Antonio Slayer
06-21-2018, 10:13 AM
I wonder if they met tbh.

It's again sources told somebody something.

No vid, no photo and no names responsible for the info.

http://www.slamdunk.ru/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_06/uFwatBE8EP8.jpg.625b2dea7dd458049c5cdfa1307780b9.j pg

Ron Swanson
06-21-2018, 10:37 AM
That's from last summer.

Mr. Body
06-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Silver is still making every excuse in the book for the Warriors and how they've ruined the league's product. He wouldn't do shit to the Lakers.

Now, if the Clippers were the ones tampering, we'd probably get the SMU treatment. :rolleyes

What is Silver supposed to do about the Warriors?

polandprzem
06-21-2018, 11:03 AM
That's from last summer.

spurraider21
06-21-2018, 11:04 AM
That's from last summer.
i know what they did last summer

RD2191
06-21-2018, 11:08 AM
i know what they did last summer

Prime J Love tits :wow

Dingle Barry
06-22-2018, 02:19 AM
http://www.slamdunk.ru/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_06/uFwatBE8EP8.jpg.625b2dea7dd458049c5cdfa1307780b9.j pg

Of course autistic Kawhitter is staring down at the table and not making eye contact. :lol