PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Anderson..

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2018, 11:14 PM
With Gay making his decision and Green expected to opt in, the next important non-Kawhi move will be what happens with Kyle Anderson's QO and RFA..what are your expectations for Anderson's next deal and how the Spurs will approach this?

dabom
06-21-2018, 11:14 PM
Cut his bitch ass. SAGirl on suicide watch. :lmao

look_at_g_shred
06-21-2018, 11:15 PM
Hope he goes else where. Not because I don’t like him, but because I don’t like what it would cost to keep him.

Mr. Body
06-21-2018, 11:16 PM
He's important, if the Spurs lose KL. There are no other viable small forwards on the roster and it's a key position to guard nowadays.

sasaint
In the current climate, FAs of his ilk are looking for table scraps. Spurs will extend a QO and likely retain him for lack of real interest elsewhere.

HarlemHeat37
Cut his bitch ass. SAGirl on suicide watch. :lmao

Haven't seen her around here lately, hope she's doing well..

John B
I like him. He’s long and can play small ball. But cannot pay too much.

look_at_g_shred
06-21-2018, 11:17 PM
Last I heard, he got a new apartment downtown.

Spurs da champs
Hope he goes else where. Not because I don’t like him, but because I don’t like what it would cost to keep him.
He got exposed vs Warriors, he aint worth as much as you think, tbh.

RD2191

Chump is doing fine tbh

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2018, 11:18 PM
Chump is doing fine tbh

:lol

dabom
06-21-2018, 11:19 PM
Chump is doing fine tbh

Did the constant gleague development watching give it away? :lol

sasaint
06-21-2018, 11:20 PM
He's important, if the Spurs lose KL. There are no other viable small forwards on the roster and it's a key position to guard nowadays.

I don't think of Kyle as a viable small forward. Only in stretches against weaker opponents. He is a tweener 3/4. To me it looks like the Spurs are banking heavily on re-signing Kawhi, and bringing in Blossomgame. If they fail with Kawhi, then they have no choice but to get a decent FA to start at small forward or get Kawhi's replacement in trade.

K...
He got exposed vs Warriors, he aint worth as much as you think, tbh.

The warriors expose many players, a kyle is glue guy. He's supposed to supplement higher talent. When the talent level is too large he'll suffer.

RD2191
Did the constant gleague development watching give it away? :lol

Yup. :lol

DAF86
06-21-2018, 11:23 PM
If it's for no more than 5/7 mils per year, I keep him as PF.

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2018, 11:24 PM
Obviously Kawhi is the major piece of the puzzle at the 3, but maybe they have a Gasol-like agreement with Gay, as well..also, if they keep Green, is he going to be playing backup 3 more often?

The small-ball 4 is key, as well..at least they have guard options now(they may not be good, but at least there's potential), but the frontcourt is currently atrocious on paper(no potential, either)

Mr. Body
I don't think of Kyle as a viable small forward. Only in stretches against weaker opponents. He is a tweener 3/4. To me it looks like the Spurs are banking heavily on re-signing Kawhi, and bringing in Blossomgame. If they fail with Kawhi, then they have no choice but to get a decent FA to start at small forward or get Kawhi's replacement in trade.

Kyle can at least try to guard LeBron and Durant. That's what everyone it's forgetting. Yes, he can play SF.

Mugen
Whether he's brought back isn't even a question, i'm just hoping the deal isn't too long.

I'd be happy if it was 3yr/18mil. I don't think he's worth that much and I definitely think they are going to give him more unfortunately.

Spurs da champs
06-21-2018, 11:26 PM
The warriors expose many players, a kyle is glue guy. He's supposed to supplement higher talent. When the talent level is too large he'll suffer.
He was airballing open 3's. Playoffs are a different animal, he would've been exposed regardless of who the opponent was. I do agree tho he is a glue guy, still if you cant hit an open 3 and have the speed of a sloth, you aint gonna get paid much.

sasaint
06-21-2018, 11:29 PM
Kyle can at least try to guard LeBron and Durant. That's what everyone it's forgetting. Yes, he can play SF.

Not as a starter against starters for long stretches.

Mr. Body
06-21-2018, 11:31 PM
Not as a starter against starters for long stretches.

Good luck with Blossomgame then.

sasaint
06-21-2018, 11:32 PM
Obviously Kawhi is the major piece of the puzzle at the 3, but maybe they have a Gasol-like agreement with Gay, as well..also, if they keep Green, is he going to be playing backup 3 more often?

The small-ball 4 is key, as well..at least they have guard options now(they may not be good, but at least there's potential), but the frontcourt is currently atrocious on paper(no potential, either)

They have to weed out the clutter in the backcourt and get another 3. Perhaps they think Blossomgame is the answer. Or perhaps they realistically have their eye on somebody not named LeBron.

sasaint
06-21-2018, 11:33 PM
Good luck with Blossomgame then.

If Kawhi leaves, I think they will bring in a veteran and, yes, give Blossomgame a shot as the backup.

alpha_HaZE
06-21-2018, 11:33 PM
Not a popular opinion here but we should keep Kyle. The guy can play elite defense and has gotten better each and every year. Also, he can pass and score near the basket at a very high level.

bdictjames
06-21-2018, 11:36 PM
I love seeing him play, but he's too slow for today's NBA. His play style also clashes, we can't run as much with him on the floor. I think speed is his biggest detriment. If he learns how to play fast, he's worth keeping, but if he's slow and still reluctant to shoot, we're better off exploring other options.

SpurPadre
06-21-2018, 11:44 PM
With these recent picks, if the goal is to be more athletic, he would no longer fit with the team. He'll never be the Bobo 2.0 people thought he'd be, tbh.

pad300
06-22-2018, 12:17 AM
In the current climate, FAs of his ilk are looking for table scraps. Spurs will extend a QO and likely retain him for lack of real interest elsewhere.

Yep, and if we lock him down long term for cheap (<30 Million for 4 years, ie less than the MLE), it will be a good deal.

SnakeBoy
06-22-2018, 12:54 AM
He's on the verge of his break out season. Must keep him at all costs.

tbdog
06-22-2018, 01:16 AM
Kyle is a glue guy. Doesn't really hurt you. Although he would benefit shooting faster and better. He is a great defender. Plays 2 positions. And will guard big sf's confidently. His numbers are low and we should retain him for cheap. Warren is earning 12.5mil a year. Kyle is better overall. Give him 30mil over 4 years. He might take that.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2018, 01:30 AM
Who is that?

ElNono
06-22-2018, 01:56 AM
Kyle is a glue guy. Doesn't really hurt you.

Fuck off. "Glue guy" aka guy with a well known limited ceiling who's going to to be taking money and a roster spot where the Spurs could gamble on another prospect.

tbdog
06-22-2018, 05:37 AM
Fuck off. "Glue guy" aka guy with a well known limited ceiling who's going to to be taking money and a roster spot where the Spurs could gamble on another prospect.

Are spurs a gambling type? Guys like Kyle make long careers. Battier, Ariza, Bowen, Crowder, Prince, Sefolosha, Andre Roberson etc. Kyle is already one of the better small forward defenders in the league. You tire him up on a good contract. If you want to gamble, there are plenty of Bazemore, Warren, and Beasley players out there.

99 Problems
06-22-2018, 05:49 AM
The gift from UCLA will stay for the time being. Has anybody here watched Blossongame recently?

Spurtacular
06-22-2018, 05:56 AM
Don't care if we keep him or not; just don't saddle the team with a Patty Mills or Pau type of contract.

r0drig0lac
06-22-2018, 06:10 AM
Are spurs a gambling type? Guys like Kyle make long careers. Battier, Ariza, Bowen, Crowder, Prince, Sefolosha, Andre Roberson etc. Kyle is already one of the better small forward defenders in the league. You tire him up on a good contract. If you want to gamble, there are plenty of Bazemore, Warren, and Beasley players out there.

80% of those guys are just better basketball players than Kyle Anderson (and I'm being respectful of that because I like the guy)

tbdog
06-22-2018, 06:28 AM
80% of those guys are just better basketball players than Kyle Anderson (and I'm being respectful of that because I like the guy)

Sure, when comparing their prime. Some of those guys took 4 plus years until they hit their stride. That's where Kyle is now. Bowen, for example, didn't even start until his 5th season and was regarded as one of the best defenders in the league for many years. Kyle Anderson needed work, he still needs to develop his manhood and gain some muscle. That will take time. But there are things he does out there that cannot be taught. It's just natural. He positions well on defense. Rotates well. Picks players pockets without getting out of position often. Knows how not to foul. Times his rebounds well. Has wonderful balance and shot fakes. He gains muscles and develops a corner 3, that's it, he is a starter for the next 8 years.

Spurtacular
06-22-2018, 06:34 AM

The Spurs don't necessarily need someone better, especially if it's going to cost them too much and hurt them in other areas. And Kyle tends to see a lot of bench come the playoffs anyways.

playblair
06-22-2018, 08:20 AM
kyle is a pg not a sf please play him at his natural position he is being misused.............kyle= should be playing ben simmons role

cd021
06-22-2018, 08:57 AM
He's more of a 4 but can play the 3. Really good defender and rebounder with the ability to handle and pass but his lack of shooting hurts his wallet.

I could see him not getting an offer in RFA and the Spurs locking him up on a cheap deal that he should outperform; 3 or 4 years, $7 million per season.

sasaint
06-22-2018, 09:02 AM
Don't care if we keep him or not; just don't saddle the team with a Patty Mills or Pau type of contract.

That's how I feel. It is hard to get passionate about Kyle. He made nice strides last season in building confidence. If he comes back, I hope that he begins to show some of that confidence in his shooting, but I ain't holding my breath.

sasaint
06-22-2018, 09:04 AM

Rhetorical question I trust.

tholdren
06-22-2018, 09:09 AM

Lol hes pretty terrible. Its actually players like kyle that remind me how much better than nba players i am at 63

tholdren
06-22-2018, 09:10 AM
kyle is a pg not a sf please play him at his natural position he is being misused.............kyle= should be playing ben simmons role

Bwahahhahahahahahha

Raven
06-22-2018, 09:15 AM
I'd say sign him long term, he shouldn't cost __too much__

cd98
06-22-2018, 09:18 AM
If we lose Gay and Kawhi, then he's our only SF. And he is a SF, just one that can't shoot. But he can guard SFs.

tholdren
06-22-2018, 09:28 AM
If we lose Gay and Kawhi, then he's our only SF. And he is a SF, just one that can't shoot. But he can guard SFs.

So spurs will have a pg sg sf and c who cant score? Sounds like a great idea

Mugen
06-22-2018, 09:29 AM

If we lose Kawhi, we'd probably be getting Brandon Ingram back and he's a pretty good SF.

cd98
06-22-2018, 09:33 AM
So spurs will have a pg sg sf and c who cant score? Sounds like a great idea

It's not optimal, unless you are gunning for the lottery. But Spurs will be late lottery next year without Kawhi and depending on what LMA does and how motivated he is.

Truth4sale$
06-22-2018, 10:17 AM
Kyle does the little things that are always overlooked. He knows what he can and can't do and what he has to work on. I would expect him to resign, because the offers won't be there due to his lack of athleticism and the view he is a "spur System" player. I think 3 years/16 Million.

sasaint
06-22-2018, 10:21 AM
He's more of a 4 but can play the 3. Really good defender and rebounder with the ability to handle and pass but his lack of shooting hurts his wallet.

I could see him not getting an offer in RFA and the Spurs locking him up on a cheap deal that he should outperform; 3 or 4 years, $7 million per season.

$7MM is a little more than I would ideally like to pay in this FA market. I think it is very tight for guys like Kyle - in a shot-makers' league.

FkLA
06-22-2018, 10:36 AM
I hope we keep him. Solid regular season guy and 15-18 MPG guy in the playoffs. Not his fault that he was asked to do too much because of Kawhitter and couldn't hold his own against Durbeta. I still haven't given up on him developing a decent corner 3PT shot either, lock him up long-term now and if he develops that shot mid-contract he'd be giving us great value.

RD2191
06-22-2018, 10:39 AM
I hope we keep him. Solid regular season guy and 15-18 MPG guy in the playoffs. Not his fault that he was asked to do too much because of Kawhitter and couldn't hold his own against Durbeta. I still haven't given up on him developing a decent corner 3PT shot either, lock him up long-term now and if he develops that shot mid-contract he'd be giving us great value.

He's a scrub.

dabom
06-22-2018, 10:44 AM
He's a scrub.

r0drig0lac
06-22-2018, 10:48 AM
If we lose Kawhi, we'd probably be getting Brandon Ingram back and he's a pretty good SF.

good point

playblair
06-22-2018, 10:48 AM

no he is a pg ala ben simmons........he is being misused ala pop turning a tenacious rebounder like dejuan blair into a jump shooter ala mcdyese

proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WXCc_2lWes

TimDunkem
06-22-2018, 10:50 AM
I don't care if he sometimes strips ballhandlers due to his length after getting blown by. If you can't keep up with mobile players or shoot in today's league, you're already at a disadvantage.

Doesn't help that he's a nutless, fatheaded freak too.

TimDunkem
06-22-2018, 10:51 AM
no he is a pg ala ben simmons........he is being misused ala pop turning a tenacious rebounder like dejuan blair into a jump shooter ala mcdyese

proof

Except his passing isn't that great and that he'll opt to either passing it off and hiding on the wing, or do a series of dribble moves that end up going nowhere. He sucks.

RD2191
06-22-2018, 10:51 AM
Defense is overrated in today's NBA. If you can't score you're screwed.

dbestpro
06-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Kyle is more comfortable as a PG as previously noted, and could create nice periods of mismatches that we could take advantage of. We do have too many point guards and need to thin the heard a bit. Now with a real shooting guard joining the team the option of using Kyle as a point guard or point forward for brief stretches can become a real option.

FkLA
06-22-2018, 10:59 AM
I don't care if he sometimes strips ballhandlers due to his length after getting blown by. If you can't keep up with mobile players or shoot in today's league, you're already at a disadvantage.

Doesn't help that he's a nutless, fatheaded freak too.

He is a great team defender. Always in good position, knows how to use his length. He really only gets blown by if it's an absolutely elite offensive player, and again it's stupid to expect him to hold his own against the Durbetas or Hardens of the world.

Drom John
06-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Real Plus-Minus Wins, the cumulative version of the rate stat had Kyle Anderson and the 36th most valuable NBA player in 2017-2018. #35 Ricky Rubio, #37 Andre Drummond.
By rate stats, Kyle was a negative on offense (-0.08) but the 16th best defender (3.20). #15 Eric Moreland, #17 Victor Oladipo.

8FOR!3
06-22-2018, 11:17 AM
Real Plus-Minus Wins, the cumulative version of the rate stat had Kyle Anderson and the 36th most valuable NBA player in 2017-2018. #35 Ricky Rubio, #37 Andre Drummond.
By rate stats, Kyle was a negative on offense (-0.08) but the 16th best defender (3.20). #15 Eric Moreland, #17 Victor Oladipo.

That stat tells me we should try to keep him. But it also tells me he shouldn't be started or playing with another guy who can't shoot (Murray).

BSfromTX
06-22-2018, 11:22 AM
He is a solid player. It’s just hard to appreciate him when the entire team lacks athleticism. Put him out there with high flying athletes and he becomes a more palatable player. He does have to shoot more and from 3

sasaint
06-22-2018, 11:31 AM
He is a solid player. It’s just hard to appreciate him when the entire team lacks athleticism. Put him out there with high flying athletes and he becomes a more palatable player. He does have to shoot more and from 3

Yep. Spurs desperately need guys who can put the ball in the basket efficiently.

jjktkk
06-22-2018, 11:34 AM
Love his versatility, just wish he could improve that jumper.

KDKSpurs24
06-22-2018, 11:46 AM

proof

Nah, he’s wayy too slow for that role. Not sure if you’ve noticed but Ben Simmons is pretty fast with the ball and that helps him a lot. Kyle gets beat to his spot often.

YGWHI
06-22-2018, 11:59 AM
Well, I like his game and there is always a $48/50M deal from the Spurs in the offseason...After Patty and Pau, it's Kyle's time now.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2018, 12:05 PM
He's a fucking dumpster. LOL @ all you scrubs trying to put lipstick on a pig

bklynspursfan
06-22-2018, 12:21 PM
Well, I like his game and there is always a $48/50M deal from the Spurs in the offseason...After Patty and Pau, it's Kyle's time now.

Not close to the same scenarios, so that won't happen.

BSfromTX
06-22-2018, 12:33 PM
He's a fucking dumpster. LOL @ all you scrubs trying to put lipstick on a pig

Dude, quit pretending that ANYTHING you say is worth two shits to anyone in here

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2018, 12:40 PM
Dude, quit pretending that ANYTHING you say is worth two shits to anyone in here
Couldn't be further from the truth, faggot :lol

Most posters always agree with what I have to say. It's always the shit ones who no one has ever heard of, like yourself, that get their balony nipples twisted by my posts though. Sorry I don't jack PATFO and the scrubs off like your wife does the lawn cutter guy, man.

YGWHI
06-22-2018, 12:47 PM
Not close to the same scenarios, so that won't happen.
We'll see..:lol

SAGirl
06-22-2018, 01:22 PM
I am fine, been busy, and interest waned after the Spurs lost, which is kinda expected. I barely watched the rest of the playoffs, (just a game or sections of a game here or there).

I checked in to get news on Kiwi (and it apparently doesn't look good)...

As for Kyle, I expected him to move on after this season but it's really tough to tell. I kinda expected Danny to look for a long term deal in FA too, and it turns out he's opting in, so I can't say how this one goes.

sasaint
06-22-2018, 01:59 PM
I am fine, been busy, and interest waned after the Spurs lost, which is kinda expected. I barely watched the rest of the playoffs, (just a game or sections of a game here or there).

I checked in to get news on Kiwi (and it apparently doesn't look good)...

As for Kyle, I expected him to move on after this season but it's really tough to tell. I kinda expected Danny to look for a long term deal in FA too, and it turns out he's opting in, so I can't say how this one goes.

Same here about interest. I caught a snippet of a game or two after the Spurs bowed out. Didn't even watch all of their games, tbh.

Kyle will be back; I have always thought so. Beyond his improving confidence/play, his importance to Pop in a locker room full of upheaval is becoming greater by the day.

cd021
06-22-2018, 02:53 PM
$7MM is a little more than I would ideally like to pay in this FA market. I think it is very tight for guys like Kyle - in a shot-makers' league.

I think there is a chance that no one makes an offer, simply because they may expect the Spurs to match any offer and teams aren't about to overlay for a role player but I think a 4 year, $28 million (or 3 years, $21 million) is more than fine for him.

The cap is expected to be at $101 million next season, so the Spurs would only be paying 7% of the cap on him, and even less than that in year 2 when the cap jumps to $108 and then, probably to $110 million by year 3.

SAGirl
06-22-2018, 03:47 PM
Same here about interest. I caught a snippet of a game or two after the Spurs bowed out. Didn't even watch all of their games, tbh.

Kyle will be back; I have always thought so. Beyond his improving confidence/play, his importance to Pop in a locker room full of upheaval is becoming greater by the day.
I have admittedly been out of the loop.
This is probably old news (but I hadn't seen it b4) and who knows how things go since Jabari Young is not infallible, but I got this:

In other contract news, the Spurs are also looking to re-sign forward Kyle Anderson, who can become a restricted free agent this summer. The team is expected to offer Anderson his qualifying offer, which increased to roughly $4.7 million. The Spurs will be allowed to submit the offer on June 29.
If a long-term deal isn’t reached, Anderson can seek out a contract from another team, which the Spurs can match, or sign the qualifying offer and become an unrestricted free agent next summer.
Leagues sources tell the Express-News, about seven teams could make a run at Anderson during free agency.

rjv
06-22-2018, 04:13 PM
my biggest problem with KA is his psyche in big game situations. it undermines his respectable and diverse skill set.

BackHome
06-22-2018, 04:26 PM
He is OK but he will never be starting material and he has to be surrounded with either shooters or people who can catch and dunk. Other then that he is a decent 8th man on team.

tholdren
06-22-2018, 04:54 PM

Using plus minus as an argument? Bye

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2018, 05:51 PM

JR3
06-22-2018, 05:55 PM
Of we can keep him cheap that would be big for us. He is great off the bench and is another long defender to throw out there. Shooting can improve over time.

ElNono
06-23-2018, 02:14 AM
His defense is overrated as hell too... yes, he's long, and his defense can be summed up as reaching for steals (which granted, he does relatively well).

There's no lateral quickness, no physical tools to bang up with anybody, he isn't stopping anybody one on one, poor footwork to stay in front of his guy, and at a severe disadvantage on the athletic department on a league full of athletic freaks.

Players like him are dime a dozen in this league. The Spurs are better served using that roster spot signing some promising kid on a rookie deal and develop him. Save time and money.

TimDunkem
06-23-2018, 02:17 AM
His defense is overrated as hell too... yes, he's long, and his defense can be summed up as reaching for steals (which granted, he does relatively well).

There's no lateral quickness, no physical tools to bang up with anybody, he isn't stopping anybody one on one, poor footwork to stay in front of his guy, and at a severe disadvantage on the athletic department on a league full of athletic freaks.

Players like him are dime a dozen in this league. The Spurs are better served using that roster spot signing some promising kid on a rookie deal and develop him. Save time and money.

And he STILL doesn't want to shoot the fucking ball. Spurs need to wash their hands of Anderson. Period.

BackHome
06-23-2018, 08:57 AM
The gift from UCLA will stay for the time being. Has anybody here watched Blossongame recently?

He didnt dominate G league last year Anderson dominated when he was in G league so that should tell u something. He needs to have worked on his shooting and be more consistent this year.

pad300
06-23-2018, 10:57 AM
He didnt dominate G league last year Anderson dominated when he was in G league so that should tell u something. He needs to have worked on his shooting and be more consistent this year.

Yeah, Blossomgame is an undersized PF. He will be 30 or so before he's developed enough skill to play backup SF in the league...

duncan2150
06-23-2018, 10:58 AM
If a team give him more than 7/8 million per year, i will let him go. He's a good overall player but with his lack of athletism , it's difficult to play him againt elite teams like GS.

Depends on the price.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2018, 12:07 PM
Spurs have to also keep in my mind the difficulties of fitting other non-shooters with Murray..

In today's league, it's tough building a roster when your starting PG is one of the worst offensive guards in the entire league..

Chinook
06-23-2018, 12:28 PM

I don't think offense was the issue. Dude needed to be the g-league DPOY and really wasn't all that effective there. He was an opportunistic finisher and strong on the boards. Both bode well for his role but neither can be his niche. I think he also wasn't a full-time four in Austin, which I think was a waste of his development.

tholdren
06-23-2018, 01:14 PM
Spurs have to also keep in my mind the difficulties of fitting other non-shooters with Murray..

In today's league, it's tough building a roster when your starting PG is one of the worst offensive guards in the entire league..
Yep. But hes in the nba.... shocking. Bet he can dunk.

ElNono
06-23-2018, 01:42 PM

Actually, Kawhi going away would be a great opportunity to ditch the whole mid-range jumper offense, tbh...

BackHome
06-23-2018, 07:28 PM
To be honest White will be our PG and yes he can shoot

SAGirl
06-23-2018, 09:32 PM

would love him back just to annoy you

sasaint
06-23-2018, 10:07 PM
To be honest White will be our PG and yes he can shoot

Nah, Pop has hitched his wagon to Murray, and we know that Pop is infallible.

Down Under
01-21-2019, 09:06 PM
His defense is good, team defense - deflections positioning etc, is more important than man to man. But being a complete non shooter makes it pretty hard for any wing in the NBA today.

ElNono
01-21-2019, 09:11 PM
His whole shooting fell off a cliff this season... 26 3P%, 57(!) FT%...

Dverde
01-21-2019, 10:21 PM
Their advanced metrics GM forgot that Kyle’s numbers looked better because of the Spurs team defense. Put him on your scrub team and they’ll decline.

vander
01-22-2019, 05:24 AM
is he mailing it in now that he got paid? seems like every scrub in the NBA has been increasing their 3pt % over the last few years, and this guy is going the other way

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2019, 10:02 AM
:lol Advanced metrics nerds justifying his contract

DAF86
01-22-2019, 12:18 PM
Their advanced metrics GM forgot that Kyle’s numbers looked better because of the Spurs team defense. Put him on your scrub team and they’ll decline.

According to his metrics, he's still a net positive player all across the board, tbh.

Dverde
01-22-2019, 12:49 PM
According to his metrics, he's still a net positive player all across the board, tbh.

If only the Grizz could clone fathead four times, they would be unstoppable in net positive.

benefactor
01-22-2019, 12:58 PM
His whole shooting fell off a cliff this season... 26 3P%, 57(!) FT%...
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/chip-engelland-of-the-the-san-antonio-spurs-warms-up-against-the-a-picture-id1051990522?s=612x612
Where is your god now?

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2019, 01:09 PM
2018 Spurs:
1st in opp points allowed
27th in points scored
26th in 3p%

2019 Grizzlies:
4th in opp points allowed
30th in points scored
22nd in 3p%

Common denominator is Fathead was a starter and played 30 minutes a night for both teams :lol Bottom line here is he's a god awful offensive player that was born 15 years too late. You need points, fast tempo, and 3pt shooting in today's league and Vending Machine head is the opposite of that. You just can't win with a player like that getting a ton of minutes. His defender will always leave him to go help someone else.

Also, Advanced metrics :lmao

DAF86
01-22-2019, 01:36 PM
2018 Spurs:
1st in opp points allowed
27th in points scored
26th in 3p%

2019 Grizzlies:
4th in opp points allowed
30th in points scored
22nd in 3p%

Common denominator is Fathead was a starter and played 30 minutes a night for both teams :lol Bottom line here is he's a god awful offensive player that was born 15 years too late. You need points, fast tempo, and 3pt shooting in today's league and Vending Machine head is the opposite of that. You just can't win with a player like that getting a ton of minutes. His defender will always leave him to go help someone else.

Also, Advanced metrics :lmao

Without even checking I can tell those stats are bullshit, tbh. :lol The Spurs were an elite defensive team last season.

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2019, 01:42 PM
Without even checking I can tell those stats are bullshit, tbh. :lol The Spurs were an elite defensive team last season.

The Grizzlies are also a top 10 defense despite most of their players quitting..they actually jumped 16 spots from last year:lol

Advanced metrics have always rated Kyle has a poor offensive player, it's nothing we didn't already know..he's still a very good defender according to any method of evaluation this season, though..he isn't Jonathon Simmons:lol

DAF86
01-22-2019, 01:44 PM
The Grizzlies are also a top 10 defense despite most of their players quitting:lol

Advanced metrics have also rated Kyle has a poor offensive player, it's nothing we didn't already know..he's still a very good defender according to any method of evaluation..he isn't Jonathon Simmons:lol

Now that I look at it, the stats are OK. It threw me off that TheGreatYacht would post a positive stat like opp pts allowed. He probably thought that being 1st and 4th there meant that the opponents scored a lot, tbh. :lol

DAF86
01-22-2019, 01:51 PM
Metrics say that Anderson is a below average offensive player and an elite defensive one, that's why overall he rates as a net positive. I don't know why so many folks shit on those metrics, it is exactly what can be tell by the eye test.

Dverde
01-22-2019, 01:59 PM
^ Hard to do the eye test with Anderson with that glare coming off his forehead.

Chinook
01-22-2019, 01:59 PM
My assumption is that TGY's greater point is that Anderson was the reason why the Spurs were a low-ceiling, high-floor team last year and that he's done the same to Memphis. Like sure, the team is an elite D, but they're such a terrible offensive team that their D can't take them anywhere. Had he stayed with the Spurs, TGY is arguing that the Spurs would be the same way. Anderson's unwillingness to shoot damages the offense way more than anything he does to help it, and his great defense isn't enough to overcome that. Stats might have him as a net-positive individual player, but his actual effect on the team is negative.

That's just my assumption of his point. In reality, I think Anderson's shooting is a crippling issue for his value, but I also think it's something that can be worked around with a team better than Memphis. There are teams like Portland and GS where I think he'd make an elite impact as essentially a more useful Evan Turner. There were permutations of the Spurs where Kyle could have been that too, but trading for DeRozan and keeping Murray made it difficult. I also think that Memphis is struggling much more without him than they were with him.

spurraider21
01-22-2019, 02:04 PM
My assumption is that TGY's greater point is that Anderson was the reason why the Spurs were a low-ceiling, high-floor team last year and that he's done the same to Memphis. Like sure, the team is an elite D, but they're such a terrible offensive team that their D can't take them anywhere. Had he stayed with the Spurs, TGY is arguing that the Spurs would be the same way. Anderson's unwillingness to shoot damages the offense way more than anything he does to help it, and his great defense isn't enough to overcome that. Stats might have him as a net-positive individual player, but his actual effect on the team is negative.

That's just my assumption of his point. In reality, I think Anderson's shooting is a crippling issue for his value, but I also think it's something that can be worked around with a team better than Memphis. There are teams like Portland and GS where I think he'd make an elite impact as essentially a more useful Evan Turner. There were permutations of the Spurs where Kyle could have been that too, but trading for DeRozan and keeping Murray made it difficult. I also think that Memphis is struggling much more without him than they were with him.
you give tgy way too much credit

Chinook
01-22-2019, 02:05 PM
you give tgy way too much credit

Well he's not called TheJustOkayYacht

DAF86
01-22-2019, 02:18 PM

I think Anderson would be a great fit alongside the 3pt squad of Mills, Forbes, Belinelli and Bertans. He could act as the point forward around all those shooters and as the defensive anchor on the other end.

He needs a very specific set of players around him to be effective on offense, that's for sure. that's why it wasn't worth keeping him for the price the Grizzlies paid.

Brazil
01-22-2019, 02:18 PM
Now that I look at it, the stats are OK. It threw me off that TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719) would post a positive stat like opp pts allowed. He probably thought that being 1st and 4th there meant that the opponents scored a lot, tbh. :lol

:lol tbh

skookumchuck
01-22-2019, 02:22 PM
Where's SAGirl? :depressed

Chinook
01-22-2019, 02:23 PM
I think Anderson would be a great fit alongside the 3pt squad of Mills, Forbes, Belinelli and Bertans. He could act as the point forward around all those shooters and as the defensive anchor on the other end.

He needs a very specific set of players around him to be effective on offense, that's for sure. that's why it wasn't worth keeping him for the price the Grizzlies paid.

You'd probably have to take out one of the guards and add in Poeltl, who already sort of does Anderson-like things anyway. I also think Kyle lost his chance to be a point-forward, because you have to be willing to score to really be an effective play-maker. The main difference between Kyle and Boris is that Diaw knew when he had the best shot and would take it while Anderson only shoots when it's the last option most of the time. It's hard to be the leader of a BG-esque attack when you get the wide-open look but then throw fakes and dribble around until the D recovers.

DAF86
01-22-2019, 02:31 PM
You'd probably have to take out one of the guards and add in Poeltl, who already sort of does Anderson-like things anyway. I also think Kyle lost his chance to be a point-forward, because you have to be willing to score to really be an effective play-maker. The main difference between Kyle and Boris is that Diaw knew when he had the best shot and would take it while Anderson only shoots when it's the last option most of the time. It's hard to be the leader of a BG-esque attack when you get the wide-open look but then throw fakes and dribble around until the D recovers.

Anderson played plenty of Point Forward last season in crunch time for the Spurs and he did a very good job, imho. The way I look it it would be like a poor bench version of what Milwaukee does with Giannis: sorrounding your non-shooting forward with 4 shooters. Of course, Anderson doesn't have nearly close to the talent Giannis has, but the showed on the G-League and last season that he can playmake a bit.

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2019, 02:32 PM
Now that I look at it, the stats are OK. It threw me off that TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719) would post a positive stat like opp pts allowed. He probably thought that being 1st and 4th there meant that the opponents scored a lot, tbh. :lol
No, it was you that read it wrong. Look at bballref, Spurs were 1st in pts allowed last season meaning they were the best defensive team in the league. You should know when I post it's a fact son :lol

Chinook
01-22-2019, 02:36 PM
Anderson played plenty of Point Forward last season in crunch time for the Spurs and he did a very good job, imho. The way I look it it would be like a poor bench version of what Milwaukee does with Giannis: sorrounding your non-shooting forward with 4 shooters. Of course, Anderson doesn't have nearly close to the talent Giannis has, but the showed on the G-League and last season that he can playmake a bit.

Anderson had his moments where he was aggressive offensively, and when he did that, his passing picked up. But saying that he "can" be a point-forward is like saying he "can" be a third-option level scorer. He can do both of those things. Nothing's stopping him skill-wise. He can shoot anywhere inside the arc. He can finish at the rim and has a variety of moves to get space in iso situations. But he just won't for reasons two coaches now can't figure out.

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2019, 02:41 PM
My assumption is that TGY's greater point is that Anderson was the reason why the Spurs were a low-ceiling, high-floor team last year and that he's done the same to Memphis. Like sure, the team is an elite D, but they're such a terrible offensive team that their D can't take them anywhere. Had he stayed with the Spurs, TGY is arguing that the Spurs would be the same way. Anderson's unwillingness to shoot damages the offense way more than anything he does to help it, and his great defense isn't enough to overcome that. Stats might have him as a net-positive individual player, but his actual effect on the team is negative..
Finally someone that read the stats I posted correctly. If Fathead is a starter and eating 30 minutes a night for your team, you'll never win shit. The 18' Spurs and 19' Grizzlies are almost identical and it's not a coincidence. Yes, the defense will be elite but you will also get a terrible to swallow offense. Just by dumping Fathead, the Spurs went from ranking 26th to now 1st in 3p%.

"Advanced stats" say he's a positive, but those that know what they're talking about know he's not.

Rocalcio
01-22-2019, 03:57 PM
Just give him a break tbh...

TheGreatYacht
01-22-2019, 08:35 PM
wojbomb "For first time, Memphis will begin listening to trade offers on franchise stars Marc Gasol and Mike Conley, league sources tell ESPN. Memphis has reached a crossroads and is preparing to weigh deals involving one or both of its cornerstone veterans. Story soon on ESPN."

:lmao :lmao

Fathead blows up teams when he's a starter and plays 30 minutes a night. You hate to see it :lmao His fluffers couldn't look any dumber if they tried. Watching the games >>> metrics

Arcadian
01-22-2019, 10:12 PM
..sucks

ElNono
01-22-2019, 10:23 PM
Can we move this to the WWE forum, tbh, with the rest of the clowns?