PDA

View Full Version : RC Buford

Marco
06-22-2018, 02:55 AM
Give credit to this man. DJ, White and Walker in consecutive years. He's not perfect, ma he's one of the best. Props

blizz
06-22-2018, 02:56 AM
None of them have done anything in the nba yet.

Chinook
06-22-2018, 02:57 AM
He deserved credit for attacking a position of weakness and finding a way to give the team a ton of options there. If Kawhi were on board, I'd be so looking forward to the immediate future. As it is, I can't be happy until I know what's going to happen to him. I do trust RC to make the right trade when the time comes, though.

Raven
06-22-2018, 04:59 AM
None of them have done anything in the nba yet.

one was in the all defense 2nd team

buttsR4rebounding
06-22-2018, 05:10 AM

That was Murray, not White.

Raven
06-22-2018, 05:15 AM
That was Murray, not White.

DJ, White and Walker in consecutive years.

Emperor
06-22-2018, 05:40 AM
I say Walker will end up the better player overall.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-22-2018, 05:58 AM
True, they've drafted very well. Milutinov is also developing.

If you go back and have a look at who's been taken after the Spurs picks in the last few drafts only Jokic stands out and we all know how ST would have reacted to the Spurs drafting a fat soft euro, so don't think anyone can argue there.

There are teams drafting every year in the lottery who've been unable to create such a decent future backcourt/wing rotation of young players. Well done FO.

acoelho1
06-22-2018, 06:19 AM
If we have to retool, there no one in the league that I trust more to make the right picks. Let’s hope him and Pop can reconcile with Kawhi.

ginobilized
06-22-2018, 07:33 AM
RC lives his job almost 24/7. He's a lifer and a super smart guy. The Spurs are beginning to adapt.
He's a very family-oriented guy, as well. Whether the picks work out or not, is always a gamble. We've done pretty well of late.

Speaking of RC and family:

Thursday marked another NBA Draft. But in San Antonio, attention remains fixed squarely on whether the Spurs can repair their relationship with disgruntled star Kawhi Leonard.

General manager R.C. Buford expressed his hope that the Spurs will be able to do just that, telling reporters their goal is to keep the two-time All-Star in San Antonio "for a long time" despite his reported desire to play elsewhere.

"Kawhi and his family mean a lot to our organization and to our community," said Buford, as reported by the San Antonio Express-News. "While none of us would wish we are where we are, we are going to do what we can to build the best relationship we can with him. We will explore all of our options, but the first one would be to keep Kawhi as part of our group."Thursday marked another NBA Draft. But in San Antonio, attention remains fixed squarely on whether the Spurs can repair their relationship with disgruntled star Kawhi Leonard.

General manager R.C. Buford expressed his hope that the Spurs will be able to do just that, telling reporters their goal is to keep the two-time All-Star in San Antonio "for a long time" despite his reported desire to play elsewhere.

"Kawhi and his family mean a lot to our organization and to our community," said Buford, as reported by the San Antonio Express-News. "While none of us would wish we are where we are, we are going to do what we can to build the best relationship we can with him. We will explore all of our options, but the first one would be to keep Kawhi as part of our group."

JFK
06-22-2018, 07:36 AM
We will see now I guess is what I have been thinking lately with this Kawhi mess.

Was it Presti all this time, who is also brilliant, or was it really R.C. Buford?

They've earned the benefit of the doubt so far, from me, but now its time to really hit on some of these moves.

sananspursfan21
06-22-2018, 08:06 AM
Lonnie Walker is a huge plus. I think as long as Pop plays him, he’ll be an immediate contributor

MaNu4Tres
06-22-2018, 08:56 AM
Incredible draft.

I give them an A.

Metu is a Capela archetype, id say with a better motor and athleticism.
Only a matter of hard work and time with him.

Lonnie has incredible potential as a two way stud like the other dogs Dejounte & Derrick.

Love this draft. Seems like RC & crew are smelling the roses. Now they just need to convince Pop to put an end to the seniority card.

John B
06-22-2018, 09:35 AM
Our FO are the best in the business. But not only that, Spurs are the best in developing players. Again able to carve a HOF in Tony and Manu who easily could be another Miller or Dragic elsewhere imo. Kawhi maybe at best Jimmy Butler? They are going to appease Kawhi and make a “better” relationship. My only question is how did it get that bad? But I guess now they know and understand Kawhi better. I hope they can resolve and bring back Kawhi. A lot more to happen, but Spurs are on the right track.

8FOR!3
06-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Incredible draft.

I give them an A.

Metu is a Capela archetype, id say with a better motor and athleticism.
Only a matter of hard work and time with him.

Lonnie has incredible potential as a two way stud like the other dogs Dejounte & Derrick.

Love this draft. Seems like RC & crew are smelling the roses. Now they just need to convince Pop to put an end to the seniority card.

Yeah, best draft we've had in a while. Granted, with higher picks. Although I'd say I probably would pick Metu over Derrick White. Not that I don't think White can develop into a decent bench role player, although I do think that's his upside.

Russ
06-22-2018, 09:46 AM
We will explore all of our options, but the first one would be to keep Kawhi as part of our group."

That is why it's such nonsense to interpret Pop's reference to Kawhi's "group" as some kind of racial slur.

These NBA management guys always refer to "groups" -- Pop has been doing it for years ("I like our group.").

Chucho
06-22-2018, 10:39 AM
That is why it's such nonsense to interpret Pop's reference to Kawhi's "group" as some kind of racial slur.

These NBA management guys always refer to "groups" -- Pop has been doing it for years ("I like our group.").

Someone said Pop's mentioning of Kawhi's "group" was racist? Pop is the furthest thing from a racist I can imagine. He probably jams Eddie Murphy's Bob Marley impression and plays "Keel De White Peeople" a few times a week in his ride.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2018, 10:54 AM

BackHome
06-22-2018, 12:38 PM
Someone said Pop's mentioning of Kawhi's "group" was racist? Pop is the furthest thing from a racist I can imagine. He probably jams Eddie Murphy's Bob Marley impression and plays "Keel De White Peeople" a few times a week in his ride.

Fucking Hillary Liberal Antifa fuckers always playing race card.

ginobilized
06-22-2018, 04:32 PM
I am extremely glad to hear anything on the Kawhi-gate drama.
RC and the Admiral give a strong sense that the Spurs are not planning on reacting or making changes to their approach.
Between them talking and the draft the SpursTalk depression seems milder today. I'll take it!

sasaint
06-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Lonnie Walker is a huge plus. I think as long as Pop plays him, he’ll be an immediate contributor

Pop ain't gonna play him. He is Austin bound.

poop
06-22-2018, 04:53 PM
Fucking Hillary Liberal Antifa fuckers always playing race card.

Its literally all they have at this point

tim_duncan_fan
06-22-2018, 05:38 PM
You heard it here first:

Lonnie is gonna be Pop's new fave.

DJ will be low-key salty.

CGD
06-22-2018, 06:57 PM
Give credit to this man. DJ, White and Walker in consecutive years. He's not perfect, ma he's one of the best. Props

Well said. And context matters. These guys are all late picks, where at best you’re just hoping for decent rotation players.

tholdren
06-22-2018, 07:06 PM
Well said. And context matters. These guys are all late picks, where at best you’re just hoping for decent rotation players.

Is it smart, or common sense to pick the best player available.. ? I do not know anymore.... todays nba

DPG21920
06-22-2018, 07:10 PM
True, they've drafted very well. Milutinov is also developing.

If you go back and have a look at who's been taken after the Spurs picks in the last few drafts only Jokic stands out and we all know how ST would have reacted to the Spurs drafting a fat soft euro, so don't think anyone can argue there.

There are teams drafting every year in the lottery who've been unable to create such a decent future backcourt/wing rotation of young players. Well done FO.

Not just that but SA has done what virtually no other team has done which is add youth while still being good and also not being in cap hell.

Look at HOU. Can’t get good, finally made it but have no youth and in cap hell.

SAGirl
06-22-2018, 07:19 PM
You heard it here first:

Lonnie is gonna be Pop's new fave.

DJ will be low-key salty.

Could definitely see that. Hope to be wrong tho.

toki9
06-22-2018, 07:22 PM

Apparently Jalen Rose during one of the playoff game pre-game shows? I didn't see it, but I think one of the posters mentioned it. Also, supposedly Michelle Beadle put a quick stop to that comment.

BSfromTX
06-22-2018, 07:25 PM
Not just that but SA has done what virtually no other team has done which is add youth while still being good and also not being in cap hell.

Look at HOU. Can’t get good, finally made it but have no youth and in cap hell.

Bbbbbut, KA is slow and patty sucks. Manu is a TO machine

we obviously want to be better than we are, but making stupid decisions and grasping at straws is what strangles organizations for years. Spurs may not be sitting where Boston and philly are sitting but they’ve been relevant for two decades... and don’t say but Timmy and David.... look at all the franchises that have not done well with great players. Pop has managed things well

SpursDynasty85
06-22-2018, 07:29 PM
Bbbbbut, KA is slow and patty sucks. Manu is a TO machine

we obviously want to be better than we are, but making stupid decisions and grasping at straws is what strangles organizations for years. Spurs may not be sitting where Boston and philly are sitting but they’ve been relevant for two decades... and don’t say but Timmy and David.... look at all the franchises that have not done well with great players. Pop has managed things well

Meh. You could say he milked the heck out of the big 3 as well. Things just kept falling in place no doubt though. Would t trade the Spurs history for another's. Hopefully Kawhi comes back and plays with heart for SA or we get some good pieces. I'm not one to think we need a homerun. A nice double or triple for a Kawhi trade with 1 yr left on his deal is fine. Slow and steady will win the race. We got some cap room flexibility if we make the right trade too.

Marcus Bryant
06-23-2018, 08:54 AM
RC lives his job almost 24/7. He's a lifer and a super smart guy. The Spurs are beginning to adapt.
He's a very family-oriented guy, as well. Whether the picks work out or not, is always a gamble. We've done pretty well of late.

Speaking of RC and family:

Thursday marked another NBA Draft. But in San Antonio, attention remains fixed squarely on whether the Spurs can repair their relationship with disgruntled star Kawhi Leonard.

"Kawhi and his family mean a lot to our organization and to our community," said Buford, as reported by the San Antonio Express-News. "While none of us would wish we are where we are, we are going to do what we can to build the best relationship we can with him. We will explore all of our options, but the first one would be to keep Kawhi as part of our group."Thursday marked another NBA Draft. But in San Antonio, attention remains fixed squarely on whether the Spurs can repair their relationship with disgruntled star Kawhi Leonard.

"Kawhi and his family mean a lot to our organization and to our community," said Buford, as reported by the San Antonio Express-News. "While none of us would wish we are where we are, we are going to do what we can to build the best relationship we can with him. We will explore all of our options, but the first one would be to keep Kawhi as part of our group."

Why did that sound like Leonard is kidnapped or on the run?

"Kawhi, if you can hear me, there are people here who love you and want the best for you. We just want to talk with you.../Stay strong help is on its way..."

cutewizard
06-25-2018, 08:55 AM
:bobo

tholdren
06-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Grayson

twilo73
06-25-2018, 09:52 AM
As much as I give RC and Pop credit for the greatest run in team history and i want them to stay forever. I don't think RC has been perfect the last few years. Not because of his drafting choices. I agree he has done a great job there. But rather because of the horrible Gasol and Mills contracts we are carrying. Both still contribute but aren't worth that money. I wish we could have been a player for Paul George for example this summer. He has done this in the past (rewarding loyalty and sticking us with bad contracts). As much as it hurts we have to learn to let people walk.

K...
06-25-2018, 10:26 AM
As much as I give RC and Pop credit for the greatest run in team history and i want them to stay forever. I don't think RC has been perfect the last few years. Not because of his drafting choices. I agree he has done a great job there. But rather because of the horrible Gasol and Mills contracts we are carrying. Both still contribute but aren't worth that money. I wish we could have been a player for Paul George for example this summer. He has done this in the past (rewarding loyalty and sticking us with bad contracts). As much as it hurts we have to learn to let people walk.

Two unique factors at play. The Spurs went all in on cp3 and the handshake with gasol has never been explained. Maybe there's a reason.

Two, we came off a two year period of massive cap increases to this year's crunch. The Spurs had no way to know what value was walking into that. Patty also v was underpaid for many years. I hate Patty starting, but as a prime role player he's not a bad piece. The bad part is pop playing him.

Dverde
06-25-2018, 10:27 AM
That Pau stuff has Pop written all over it. RC probably a push over on things like that.

tholdren
06-25-2018, 01:30 PM
Two unique factors at play. The Spurs went all in on cp3 and the handshake with gasol has never been explained. Maybe there's a reason.

Two, we came off a two year period of massive cap increases to this year's crunch. The Spurs had no way to know what value was walking into that. Patty also v was underpaid for many years. I hate Patty starting, but as a prime role player he's not a bad piece. The bad part is pop playing him.

Even w the terrible pau signing, spurs would be in the mix had kawhi had b2b good seasons. But we all know slow metabolism when we see it

DMC
06-25-2018, 07:41 PM
As good as Kawhi is, the Spurs made him (with his help). They can make another. That's what these guys don't get - they don't stop making talented tall athletes.