PDA

View Full Version : Why would Kawhi.

Rob123
06-23-2018, 09:44 AM
Leave $39 million on the table to go to a state with massive state income and property taxes where you can no longer deduct the state and local taxes on your federal tax return????

Is no one telling him this math?? The dude might very well go bankrupt unless he gets huuuge endorsements but he ain’t Kobe or Jordan or LeBron.

Mr. Body
06-23-2018, 09:52 AM
Ostensibly because he'll get huge marketing contracts. Some suggestion here shoe companies are pushing this.

Russo21
06-23-2018, 09:54 AM
Cause he's a spaz.

Rob123
06-23-2018, 09:55 AM
I just don’t see it. The guy has no personality, who is he going to rep, sylvan learning?

He’s clearly been pumped with dillusional fantasies by people that have no concept of how money works

Marco
06-23-2018, 10:02 AM
It is not a matter of money. He just wants out at ANY cost

Marcus Bryant
06-23-2018, 10:14 AM
It's more than 39 large and no, he's not going to be able to make up the difference.

Marcus Bryant
06-23-2018, 10:16 AM
I just don’t see it. The guy has no personality, who is he going to rep, sylvan learning?

He’s clearly been pumped with dillusional fantasies by people that have no concept of how money works

Basically. Maybe his reps and his personality aren't conducive to obtaining lucrative endorsement deals...

Rob123
06-23-2018, 10:16 AM

But it has to be about money at some point. I would understand if he didn’t increase his earnings to leave and just took the same amount of money but as it stands he will most likely be taking a hefty paycut on the salary he is already earning. So he will in essence be making less than he is on his current deal not taking into account the max deal he is leaving behind.

Rob123
06-23-2018, 10:17 AM
From a business perspective what this guy is doing is absolutely cringe worthy. I think he might actually be retarded.

rasuo214
06-23-2018, 10:50 AM
He's from LA and spends a lot of the off-seasons in SD. Players have been willing to lose out on money to go home before. Also he's known for not really spending a lot of money outside of basketball, a lot of it likely goes to his family.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-23-2018, 11:12 AM
Leave $39 million on the table to go to a state with massive state income and property taxes where you can no longer deduct the state and local taxes on your federal tax return????

Is no one telling him this math?? The dude might very well go bankrupt unless he gets huuuge endorsements but he ain’t Kobe or Jordan or LeBron.

As a professional athlete, you pay state income taxes for every game you play in based on the venue of the specific game.

So if you play 82 games... that's 41 in San Antonio, 2 in Houston, 2 in Dallas, 2 in Tennessee, 2 in Florida. Seattle doesn't have a team anymore. That leaves 33 games per year in which you have to pay state income taxes in roughly 10-15 different states. Including 2 in New York and 6-8 in California.

That's a big part of why most players have an agent, including virtually everyone that's not an NFL player. A handful of NFL guys go agentless because they can market themselves and do their own taxes (only 16 games to worry about so math is much easier, less returns), most notably Deion Sanders and (recently) Richard Sherman.

DMC
06-23-2018, 11:26 AM
It doesn't have to be about money. I don't think KL has a lavish lifestyle. He could retire now and never work again. He probably knows that and wants a situation that's more conducive to wanting to play ball instead of being rich(er) and being nailed into a shitty spot he already decided he doesn't like.

Consider also how incredibly coachable Kawhi has shown himself to be. Look at how his game improved since he's been in the league, from every aspect. That's because he believes what people say, when he trusts people. Most players will listen to the advice and adapt some of it. Kawhi seems to adapt almost all of it. Pop says "you're the man", Kawhi becomes the man. They teach him to shoot the 3, teach him how to dribble and move, teach him how to hit FTs at a higher rate. He learns all of these. They tell him is leg is good and he's ready to play ball, he tries to play ball but pain tells him he's not better. He gets a 2nd opinion and there goes the trust. Then the Spurs multiply the issue by talking shit in the press (they had the right). So if his family coaches him in a similar fashion regarding his career, he's likely to go all in.

Mr. Body
06-23-2018, 11:38 AM
From a business perspective what this guy is doing is absolutely cringe worthy. I think he might actually be retarded.

He has some pretty stupid peiple around him right now.

weebo
06-23-2018, 12:13 PM
It doesn't have to be about money. I don't think KL has a lavish lifestyle. He could retire now and never work again. He probably knows that and wants a situation that's more conducive to wanting to play ball instead of being rich(er) and being nailed into a shitty spot he already decided he doesn't like.

Consider also how incredibly coachable Kawhi has shown himself to be. Look at how his game improved since he's been in the league, from every aspect. That's because he believes what people say, when he trusts people. Most players will listen to the advice and adapt some of it. Kawhi seems to adapt almost all of it. Pop says "you're the man", Kawhi becomes the man. They teach him to shoot the 3, teach him how to dribble and move, teach him how to hit FTs at a higher rate. He learns all of these. They tell him is leg is good and he's ready to play ball, he tries to play ball but pain tells him he's not better. He gets a 2nd opinion and there goes the trust. Then the Spurs multiply the issue by talking shit in the press (they had the right). So if his family coaches him in a similar fashion regarding his career, he's likely to go all in.

And you think this doesn't happen on every team? I would even say its much worse on other teams. Guys get hurt all the time; guys play hurt all the time. Sometimes its the team that pressures you to play and sometimes your own teammates. It's just the nature of the business. Chicken shit got paid big to play a kid's game--you left your teammates hanging and turned your back on the organization that made you because your disingenuous lying sack of shit uncle is only looking out to line his own pockets. Damn straight the should be talking shit--they should talk shit and talk shit straight to his face but then again he's to pussy for even that.

boutons_deux
06-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Wasn't K building a house in SA for his mother? That would have been a little of "bringing LA to SA", rather than K moving to LA.

At what point did his playing plans change?

weebo
06-23-2018, 12:19 PM
Wasn't K building a house in SA for his mother? That would have been a little of "bringing LA to SA", rather than K moving to LA.

when all trust was lost :cry

MoSpur02
06-23-2018, 12:19 PM
I am almost sure he hasn't been offered the $219 million. That's why he's wanting out.

MoSpur02
06-23-2018, 12:21 PM
The whole thing about the misdiagnosis, losing trust in the Spurs medical staff, losing trust in Pop, and being butt hurt by Parker are all excuses. It's about the money. He obviously not liking that the Spurs haven't offered him that max offer.

Vic Petro
06-23-2018, 12:31 PM
If you are rich and politically liberal there are few places in America better to live in than LA.

RD2191
06-23-2018, 12:33 PM
The whole thing about the misdiagnosis, losing trust in the Spurs medical staff, losing trust in Pop, and being butt hurt by Parker are all excuses. It's about the money. He obviously not liking that the Spurs haven't offered him that max offer.

If the Spurs aren't offering the supermax then they either don't want him or they believe he'll never be 100% again. It's a weird situation.

BSfromTX
06-23-2018, 12:38 PM
1. Spurs wanted him to take less than Supermax , IMHO
2. I was told endorsements in big markets pay more due to international sales?
3. They never really studied the math, but Dennis is a banker, so Who knows
4. I really don’t think he is or ever was comfortable in SA

but even still, it looks like he’s passing up a ton of money

RD2191
06-23-2018, 12:41 PM
1. Spurs wanted him to take less than Supermax , IMHO
2. I was told endorsements in big markets pay more due to international sales?
3. They never really studied the math, but Dennis is a banker, so Who knows
4. I really don’t think he is or ever was comfortable in SA

but even still, it looks like he’s passing up a ton of money

If Kawhi walks because PATFO doesn't offer the supermax then that'll be a major fuck up by the front office. Assuming he's 100% healthy of course.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-23-2018, 12:44 PM
most spurfan arent mad at kawhi for not playing (assuming he really felt he wasnt ready to play) than at him for being silent, then only having his (alleged) critical views made known through anonymous sauces

takes 15 minutes to draft and issue a press relase:
i love the spurs and want to play for ever and ever, or
i hate the spurs and want out of dodge asap

done

:dramaquee

RD2191
06-23-2018, 12:47 PM
most spurfan arent mad at kawhi for not playing (assuming he really felt he wasnt ready to play) than at him for being silent, then only having his (alleged) critical views made known through anonymous sauces

done

Yup. Or at least a Twitter statement or something. I love the Spurs or fuck the Spurs. :lol

MoSpur02
06-23-2018, 12:52 PM
I'm not offering that much money to a guy who sat out a whole season and alienated himself from the organization. I would do my due diligence and want to see him play the next season to see how he does and see just how healthy he is. My guess is Kawhi and his camp feel slighted because of that.

RD2191
06-23-2018, 12:53 PM
I'm not offering that much money to a guy who sat out a whole season and alienated himself from the organization. I would do my due diligence and want to see him play the next season to see how he does and see just how healthy he is. My guess is Kawhi and his camp feel slighted because of that.

They can't offer the supermax next season though??

tholdren
06-23-2018, 01:03 PM

When he realized that she was a dude

FkLA
06-23-2018, 01:11 PM
If we are being completely honest he might make it up in LA. It's likely he gets a signature shoe there, his jersey already sells pretty well despite his personality. I also think the lowball shoe offer he got from Jordan has something to do with him wanting out.

tholdren
06-23-2018, 01:13 PM
If we are being completely honest he might make it up in LA. It's likely he gets a signature shoe there, his jersey already sells pretty well despite his personality. I also think the lowball shoe offer he got from Jordan has something to do with him wanting out.

Agree. He felt dissed that hes not recognized as a great player in the game. Instead of letting his play fo the talking he chose to blame someone. Much like lebum crying and joining heat. Hes soft, needs more help, and has slow metabolism

coachmac87
06-23-2018, 01:20 PM
If PATFO used this or are currently using their “diagnosis” as their calling card for not offering Max that’s wrong.,

But what is it or what was the injury? Spurs could’ve been wrong...But Kawhi using his weaker/less serious diagnosis to miss 73 games is wrong too.

That’s probably the Spurs stance. Two wrongs dont make a right....

tholdren
06-23-2018, 01:23 PM
If i only had a brain..

coachmac87
06-23-2018, 01:25 PM
You’ve got skills^^^

Too bad you can’t apply them to the real world..

Ron Swanson
06-23-2018, 01:34 PM
Uncle Dennis right now:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/98/9e/68/989e684fa333a4c45968c49854e86994.jpg

JFK
06-23-2018, 01:39 PM

That is some part of this. Uncle Dennis believes he is in that category with Mike, Lebron, and Kobe and maybe even surpassed those guys.

What you’re dealing with is a guy that’s failed at some businesses and is using Kawhi as his gravy train. He is in over his head and is extremely arrogant.

BSfromTX
06-23-2018, 01:51 PM

I think he has til October to sign Supermax. Probably why spurs are not jumping the gun

r0drig0lac
06-23-2018, 02:01 PM

BSfromTX
06-23-2018, 02:01 PM
If Kawhi walks because PATFO doesn't offer the supermax then that'll be a major fuck up by the front office. Assuming he's 100% healthy of course.

220M for ANY PLAYER is risky. I’m not saying he’s not worth it and if he wants to bolt then I can’t blame him (even if he ends up losing more money in the long run). Spurs will never just throw around that much money without seriously thinking about it. Only time and Kawhis health will tell if it’s a “major fuck up”. If the next five years wil be like 16-17 kawhi then maybe it is... but NOBODY Knows that

spurschamps99030507
06-23-2018, 02:06 PM

no way, 219m = supermax 40 mill per y, shoe offer 5 m per y....... great job uncle dennis

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22640451/kawhi-leonard-talks-jordan-brand-new-shoe-deal-stalled-sources-say

Kawhi Leonard's talks with Jordan Brand about new shoe deal have stalled, sources say

SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Spurs (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs) star forward Kawhi Leonard (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6450/kawhi-leonard) will likely be pondering a supermax contract extension over the summer, but off the court, talks between he and Jordan Brand on a new shoe deal have stalled, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.
Jordan Brand, which is a division of Nike, and Leonard's representatives came "very close" to completion on a new four-year extension worth more than $20 million. But discussions broke down abruptly because representatives for Leonard didn't feel that the new deal reflected the forward's accomplishments and standing within the league, sources said.
Leonard has finished second and third in voting for the NBA's Most Valuable Player award over the last two seasons, but he's played in just a handful of games this season because of injury.
A two-time Defensive Player of the Year, two-time All-NBA first team selection and Finals MVP, Leonard earns less than $500,000 per year in his current endorsement contract with Jordan Brand, which is worth significantly less than the deal currently on the table from the shoe company.

It's unclear whether Leonard intends to leave Jordan Brand when his contract expires on Oct. 1, but a source close to the situation said the shoe company owns the right to match any competing offers. Once the brand's exclusive negotiating window closes in July, Leonard and his representatives can start fielding potential new offers from other companies. Pitches are typically held in late August and early September, as players historically look to resolve shoe deals before the start of training camp in late September. Jordan Brand would have 10 business days to match any competing offer sheet signed by the forward.

There are no current talks between Jordan Brand and Leonard's representatives, sources said.
No current Jordan Brand athlete in the NBA receives more than $10 million per season in their shoe endorsement deal. The Nike Inc. subsidiary often pays less on shoe deals than its competitors, with players excited to partner with the legacy brand. Russell Westbrook (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3468/russell-westbrook)'s recently signed 10-year extension with Jordan Brand through the 2025-26 season will be the most lucrative total endorsement deal for a Jordan athlete to date, according to ESPN's research.
Jordan's current extension offer does not include a Leonard signature shoe, which would escalate the value of the deal dramatically. Signature deals typically include a 5 percent royalty on all logo footwear and apparel sold, allowing for a handful of the game's biggest stars to earn well north of eight figures annually from brands.
In addition to the namesake sneaker line, the brand will also then commit additional marketing dollars for campaigns and activations promoting the player. In Leonard's case, he has been used sparingly in Jordan's global marketing efforts, appearing more recently in a fall campaign for the brand's "Be Like Mike" capsule collection with Gatorade.
Nike has launched signature shoes for more than 21 NBA stars in its history, while Jordan Brand has been far more selective. Only Carmelo Anthony (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/1975/carmelo-anthony), Chris Paul (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2779/chris-paul), Dwyane Wade (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/1987/dwyane-wade) and Westbrook have received a Jordan signature shoe to date.
Cleveland's LeBron James (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james) plays under the most lucrative shoe contract of any current athlete, earning more than $20 million per year from Nike on his "lifetime" endorsement deal.
Golden State Warriors (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors) forward Kevin Durant (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3202/kevin-durant) receives in the neighborhood of more than $20 million annually from Nike as well, through a combination of the annual base salary of his shoe deal, sales royalties, and several incentive bonuses. Stephen Curry (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3975/stephen-curry)'s Under Armour deal (more than $17 million annually), and James Harden (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3992/james-harden)'s contract with Adidas (more than $15 million) make up the next tier of earners.
By comparison, Blake Griffin (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3989/blake-griffin) earns a similar annual figure from Jordan Brand to what Leonard was offered, while signature athletes such as Kyrie Irving (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6442/kyrie-irving), Paul George (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4251/paul-george) and Damian Lillard (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6606/damian-lillard)each earn more.
The quiet and reserved Leonard has played in only nine games for the Spurs this season as he recovers from right quadriceps tendinopathy.
The forward recently returned to San Antonio to resume workouts at the team's training facility, after consulting with doctors in New York for three weeks.
Leonard's timetable for return remains uncertain, as it's based on his comfort level with managing the injury.
"He's doing what he's supposed to do. He's working hard at it," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said last week. "He wants to be back. When and if he feels like he's ready to go, he'll be there."
Leonard is eligible for a five year, $219 million supermax extension this summer. Leonard signed a maximum five-year contract worth $90 million in July of 2015 to remain with the Spurs, and there's still one more season left on his deal after the current campaign with a player option for 2019-20 worth $21.3 million.

SpursDynasty85
06-23-2018, 02:17 PM
Let's be real. Dude ain't going to go bankrupt anytime soon. People dont understand that maybe Kawhi's uncle is all about the money but Kawhi might be about something else. I think a large part is he is not talking and Spurs dont know how to handle that but to even suggest that for Kawhi it's always been about the money is a stretch and ultimately it will be his choice. I think the Spurs have it right. If he can't come to the table and talk with Pop one on one about the real issues at hand then there is a problem. Especially if his uncle and agent are pushing for a supermax and no trade clause.

MoSpur02
06-23-2018, 02:30 PM

They can. He has to requalify for it though. I believe.

FkLA
06-23-2018, 02:34 PM
no way, 219m = supermax 40 mill per y, shoe offer 5 m per y....... great job uncle dennis

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22640451/kawhi-leonard-talks-jordan-brand-new-shoe-deal-stalled-sources-say

Kawhi Leonard's talks with Jordan Brand about new shoe deal have stalled, sources say

SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Spurs (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs) star forward Kawhi Leonard (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6450/kawhi-leonard) will likely be pondering a supermax contract extension over the summer, but off the court, talks between he and Jordan Brand on a new shoe deal have stalled, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.
Jordan Brand, which is a division of Nike, and Leonard's representatives came "very close" to completion on a new four-year extension worth more than $20 million. But discussions broke down abruptly because representatives for Leonard didn't feel that the new deal reflected the forward's accomplishments and standing within the league, sources said.
Leonard has finished second and third in voting for the NBA's Most Valuable Player award over the last two seasons, but he's played in just a handful of games this season because of injury.
A two-time Defensive Player of the Year, two-time All-NBA first team selection and Finals MVP, Leonard earns less than $500,000 per year in his current endorsement contract with Jordan Brand, which is worth significantly less than the deal currently on the table from the shoe company.

It's unclear whether Leonard intends to leave Jordan Brand when his contract expires on Oct. 1, but a source close to the situation said the shoe company owns the right to match any competing offers. Once the brand's exclusive negotiating window closes in July, Leonard and his representatives can start fielding potential new offers from other companies. Pitches are typically held in late August and early September, as players historically look to resolve shoe deals before the start of training camp in late September. Jordan Brand would have 10 business days to match any competing offer sheet signed by the forward.

There are no current talks between Jordan Brand and Leonard's representatives, sources said.
No current Jordan Brand athlete in the NBA receives more than $10 million per season in their shoe endorsement deal. The Nike Inc. subsidiary often pays less on shoe deals than its competitors, with players excited to partner with the legacy brand. Russell Westbrook (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3468/russell-westbrook)'s recently signed 10-year extension with Jordan Brand through the 2025-26 season will be the most lucrative total endorsement deal for a Jordan athlete to date, according to ESPN's research.
Jordan's current extension offer does not include a Leonard signature shoe, which would escalate the value of the deal dramatically. Signature deals typically include a 5 percent royalty on all logo footwear and apparel sold, allowing for a handful of the game's biggest stars to earn well north of eight figures annually from brands.
In addition to the namesake sneaker line, the brand will also then commit additional marketing dollars for campaigns and activations promoting the player. In Leonard's case, he has been used sparingly in Jordan's global marketing efforts, appearing more recently in a fall campaign for the brand's "Be Like Mike" capsule collection with Gatorade.
Nike has launched signature shoes for more than 21 NBA stars in its history, while Jordan Brand has been far more selective. Only Carmelo Anthony (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/1975/carmelo-anthony), Chris Paul (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2779/chris-paul), Dwyane Wade (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/1987/dwyane-wade) and Westbrook have received a Jordan signature shoe to date.
Cleveland's LeBron James (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james) plays under the most lucrative shoe contract of any current athlete, earning more than $20 million per year from Nike on his "lifetime" endorsement deal.
Golden State Warriors (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors) forward Kevin Durant (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3202/kevin-durant) receives in the neighborhood of more than $20 million annually from Nike as well, through a combination of the annual base salary of his shoe deal, sales royalties, and several incentive bonuses. Stephen Curry (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3975/stephen-curry)'s Under Armour deal (more than $17 million annually), and James Harden (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3992/james-harden)'s contract with Adidas (more than $15 million) make up the next tier of earners.
By comparison, Blake Griffin (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3989/blake-griffin) earns a similar annual figure from Jordan Brand to what Leonard was offered, while signature athletes such as Kyrie Irving (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6442/kyrie-irving), Paul George (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4251/paul-george) and Damian Lillard (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6606/damian-lillard)each earn more.
The quiet and reserved Leonard has played in only nine games for the Spurs this season as he recovers from right quadriceps tendinopathy.
The forward recently returned to San Antonio to resume workouts at the team's training facility, after consulting with doctors in New York for three weeks.
Leonard's timetable for return remains uncertain, as it's based on his comfort level with managing the injury.
"He's doing what he's supposed to do. He's working hard at it," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said last week. "He wants to be back. When and if he feels like he's ready to go, he'll be there."
Leonard is eligible for a five year, $219 million supermax extension this summer. Leonard signed a maximum five-year contract worth $90 million in July of 2015 to remain with the Spurs, and there's still one more season left on his deal after the current campaign with a player option for 2019-20 worth $21.3 million.

That's the lowball after he got which he refused. That wouldve just been for him being a Jordan athlete too like LMA, no signature shoe or anything.

Harden got like a 10 yr $200 million deal with Adidas. If he's in LA Kawhitter might get closer to that than to $20 mill. I don't like it but just being realistic, tbh.

spurraider21
06-23-2018, 02:44 PM
Naive people thinking everything has to do with muh tax rates. Some people just like living in Los Angeles

vy65
06-23-2018, 02:49 PM
If you have tens of millions of dollars, it’s a no brained to live in a NYC type city, even with state and city tax.

Lol bankrupt

spurschamps99030507
06-23-2018, 03:12 PM
That's the lowball after he got which he refused. That wouldve just been for him being a Jordan athlete too like LMA, no signature shoe or anything.

Harden got like a 10 yr $200 million deal with Adidas. If he's in LA Kawhitter might get closer to that than to $20 mill. I don't like it but just being realistic, tbh.

I don't think so, he comes from a season without playing, he doesn't have charisma like lebron or curry and he has a chronic injury, adidas knows what a disastrous contract means with derrick rose

Vic Petro
06-23-2018, 03:21 PM
Naive people thinking everything has to do with muh tax rates. Some people just like living in Los Angeles

It’s pretty great tbqh imho

dbreiden83080
06-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Ostensibly because he'll get huge marketing contracts. Some suggestion here shoe companies are pushing this.

He never talks so he won't be getting any huge marketing deals. If Lebron goes to LA with him, he will suck up all the deals to be had..

TXstbobcat
06-23-2018, 04:02 PM
They can. He has to requalify for it though. I believe.

He has to requalify by earning, MVP DPOY, or being selected all NBA this coming season.

tholdren
06-23-2018, 04:21 PM

And thats 100 percent okay, if you had the balls to say it in november.

dbestpro
06-23-2018, 04:32 PM
He has some pretty stupid peiple around him right now.

Would not be surprised if one day we are reading about how his family spent all of his money, and he ends up living under a bridge or homeless.

dbestpro
06-23-2018, 04:34 PM

Flip Naive with Rich, and Some with poor.

DMC
06-23-2018, 10:08 PM
And you think this doesn't happen on every team? I would even say its much worse on other teams.

That's why I prefaced my comment with my armchair assessment of Kawhi's mental state - hyper-coachable until a single issue of trust surfaces. He probably had a bone to pick over how he was handled in the playoffs last year as well. Tony freezing him out for years didn't do any favors to team chemistry, and when Tony spoke up, confirmation bias told Kawhi Tony is a faggot. He's a binary thinker.

Guys get hurt all the time; guys play hurt all the time. Sometimes its the team that pressures you to play and sometimes your own teammates. It's just the nature of the business. Chicken shit got paid big to play a kid's game--you left your teammates hanging and turned your back on the organization that made you because your disingenuous lying sack of shit uncle is only looking out to line his own pockets. Damn straight the should be talking shit--they should talk shit and talk shit straight to his face but then again he's to pussy for even that.
You all sucked his dick for years. Now he's a chickenshit, now that he doesn't want you.

gambit1990
06-23-2018, 10:09 PM
If you are rich and politically liberal there are few places in America better to live in than LA.

tholdren
06-23-2018, 10:41 PM
That's why I prefaced my comment with my armchair assessment of Kawhi's mental state - hyper-coachable until a single issue of trust surfaces. He probably had a bone to pick over how he was handled in the playoffs last year as well. Tony freezing him out for years didn't do any favors to team chemistry, and when Tony spoke up, confirmation bias told Kawhi Tony is a faggot. He's a binary thinker.

You all sucked his dick for years. Now he's a chickenshit, now that he doesn't want you.

I didnt

jbspurs
06-23-2018, 11:08 PM

His group thinks he's guaranteed to become the next big thing in LA, a money maker like Kobe. Not going to happen if James decides to join Lakers.

Down Under
06-24-2018, 07:52 AM
He doesn't, his Uncle does. He isn't getting a shoe deal in the vicinity of any other superstar regardless of where he is - despises talking to the media & isn't interested in making himself marketable.

Silver&Black Warrior
06-24-2018, 11:27 AM

LOL @ SYLVAN LEARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rollin:toast

cutewizard
06-25-2018, 01:04 AM
:bobo

Slippy
06-25-2018, 01:19 AM

True but endorsement money is not guaranteed money. Knowing kawhis health issues uncle will prioritize a contract first.

tholdren
06-25-2018, 08:55 AM
Ive never understood the ignore list. Not sure why you would come to an internet message board where many people post incoherrent things just cause. People arent really here to gain information. Theyre here to ruffle feathers. Not sure which is more sad, being on spurstalk or watching the nba.

elbamba
06-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Can he still buy a house in LA if he only signs for $120 million? How will he ever live?

YGWHI
06-25-2018, 09:58 AM

He would have left $39M on the table if the Spurs would have offered him the supermax or something like that...But that didn't happen.

If Kawhi would lose money one way or another, it doesn't matter where he would play for an year.

exstatic
06-25-2018, 10:34 AM
He would have left $39M on the table if the Spurs would have offered him the supermax or something like that...But that didn't happen.

If Kawhi would lose money one way or another, it doesn't matter where he would play for an year.

So far. He leaves another chunk bordering on $40M if he walks away from wherever SA trades him.

YGWHI
06-25-2018, 11:07 AM
So far. He leaves another chunk bordering on $40M if he walks away from wherever SA trades him.

It's not that hard to realize he'll lose something like $80M but it's not like he has other option.

He won't stay on a team that denied him the supermax and if the Spurs trade him to some scrub like Magic or Suns, it's pretty obvious he won't stay there more than one year...

BackHome
06-25-2018, 01:14 PM
Ainge took a chance at Irving who said he wanted to be traded to New York.

Rob123
06-25-2018, 01:36 PM
If you have tens of millions of dollars, it’s a no brained to live in a NYC type city, even with state and city tax.

Lol bankrupt

Bro no offense but you’re also retarded. Post Trump Tax Cut means you can no longer deduct state and local taxes from the federal return. It makes no sense to live in NYC or LA anymore...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/04/26/800000-people-are-about-to-flee-new-york-california-because-of-taxes.html

vy65
06-25-2018, 01:43 PM
Bro no offense but you’re also retarded. Post Trump Tax Cut means you can no longer deduct state and local taxes from the federal return. It makes no sense to live in NYC or LA anymore...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/04/26/800000-people-are-about-to-flee-new-york-california-because-of-taxes.html

No bro, actually you're retarded. First, the SALT deduction hasn't been eliminated - it's been capped. Second, no one who makes tens of millions of dollars per year is concerned about those deductions - they have accountants and money managers who'll invest that money in low or no tax investments (REITs, bonds, etc...). The money they make in those investments, plus the millions they're already sitting on (after tax), along with the perks/quality of life from living on the coast matter way more to someone in their 20s and 30s than the SALT deduction.

Lemme know when all those people worth 100MM+ start flocking to San Antonio.

Oh, and also this, from your article:

"There is no correlation between the top tax state tax rate and the number (or rate) of millionaires in a state," he said. He added that the people most affected by tax rates are the "late-career working rich" and they are less likely to move because they are "embedded in place for a host of social and economic reasons," from the location of their companies and jobs to their social lives, charitable boards and customers.

lol

spurraider21
06-25-2018, 02:17 PM

:lol thinking the only factor in deciding where to live is the state and local tax rates

vy65
06-25-2018, 02:49 PM
I bet Kawhi uses H&R Block to prepare his returns ...

daslicer
06-25-2018, 03:06 PM

:lol It's probably better than using Uncle Dennis.

Russ
06-25-2018, 03:12 PM

Damn, you say I owe taxes?

No way pal.

I didn't do a damn thing last year!

Rob123
06-25-2018, 03:12 PM
No bro, actually you're retarded. First, the SALT deduction hasn't been eliminated - it's been capped. Second, no one who makes tens of millions of dollars per year is concerned about those deductions - they have accountants and money managers who'll invest that money in low or no tax investments (REITs, bonds, etc...). The money they make in those investments, plus the millions they're already sitting on (after tax), along with the perks/quality of life from living on the coast matter way more to someone in their 20s and 30s than the SALT deduction.

Lemme know when all those people worth 100MM+ start flocking to San Antonio.

Oh, and also this, from your article:

"There is no correlation between the top tax state tax rate and the number (or rate) of millionaires in a state," he said. He added that the people most affected by tax rates are the "late-career working rich" and they are less likely to move because they are "embedded in place for a host of social and economic reasons," from the location of their companies and jobs to their social lives, charitable boards and customers.

lol

Dude you have no idea what you’re even arguing about...

The SALT deduction is capped at $10k. Last year it was at 100%. So you used to be able to deduct 3 mil if you paid a mil in property and a cool 2 mil in income tax at the local level. Now? 10k...

You do you.

vy65
06-25-2018, 03:18 PM
Bro no offense but you’re also retarded. Post Trump Tax Cut means you can no longer deduct state and local taxes from the federal return.

First, the SALT deduction hasn't been eliminated - it's been capped.

Dude you have no idea what you’re even arguing about...

The SALT deduction is capped at $10k.

hmmm......

cool cat
06-25-2018, 03:22 PM
:lol It's probably better than using Uncle Dennis.

You know it's already happening.

Who is going to make the call to protect Kawhi?
Financial Exploitation | Disability Justice
https://disabilityjustice.org/financial-fraud/

duncan2k5
06-27-2018, 08:45 AM
220M for ANY PLAYER is risky. I’m not saying he’s not worth it and if he wants to bolt then I can’t blame him (even if he ends up losing more money in the long run). Spurs will never just throw around that much money without seriously thinking about it. Only time and Kawhis health will tell if it’s a “major fuck up”. If the next five years wil be like 16-17 kawhi then maybe it is... but NOBODY Knows that

Spurs have overpaid trash recently, now they're pinching pennies for a hall of fame? GTFOH

Lakers999
06-28-2018, 07:29 AM
I think he wants to be close to his family. It has nothing to do with the franchise. If anything he is probabally more pissed off with the spurs medical team for misdiagnosis on his quad injury and how the spurs PR handled it by dragging his name through the mud. With that the combination of tony Parker and Bruce Bowen comments most likely got under his skin and pissed him off. You have to remember guys who are of Leonard’s caliber are competitive dudes so when that is under attack and he’s unable to retaliate physically he will retaliate emotionally. Which is leaving the spurs.

Almost every star has done this in 2000’s Kobe, Lebron, Shaq, inverson, Melo, Gasol, Webber, Billups, etc... if you remember kobe was almost traded to Chicago or the Clippers

cutewizard
06-28-2018, 07:45 AM
:bang

MR-Clutch
06-28-2018, 08:55 AM
He wants to because his agents make more off endorsements than his contracts.

NameLess Scrub
06-28-2018, 10:54 AM

done

Yep..

Also I can't blame the Spurs for thinking it twice before committing the supermax to Kawhi. It's a very hard position to be in.

NameLess Scrub
06-28-2018, 10:58 AM

Interesting take..

This would mean it is not that hard to lose his trust permanently. That could be troublesome on any team..

DMC
06-28-2018, 11:57 AM
Interesting take..

This would mean it is not that hard to lose his trust permanently. That could be troublesome on any team..

doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain, aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain...

There's a high likelihood, imo, that he sits out most of next season on any team because he has pain and he's going to imagine some Dr House level trauma in his leg.

Avitus1
06-28-2018, 12:15 PM
Cause his uncle told him to and he isn’t capable of thinking for himself.

Brazil
06-28-2018, 02:18 PM
:lmao because not fun

:cry