PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen rips Kawhi Leonard: "Are you kidding me?"

tdunk21
06-23-2018, 12:56 PM
Speaking on Sirius XM NBA Radio on Thursday night, Bowen said: "First, it was, 'Well I was misdiagnosed.' Look here: You got $18 million this year, and you think that they're trying to rush you? You didn't play for the most part a full season this year. And you're the go-to guy, you're the franchise and you want to say that they didn't have your best interest at heart? Are you kidding me?"

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23876933/bruce-bowen-rips-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-not-one-said-anything

lefty
06-23-2018, 12:58 PM
Well Bowen wasn't an all star, he doesn't know what he's talking about tbh

tholdren
06-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Great work bruce. Keep it up

RD2191
06-23-2018, 01:06 PM

Tbh

tholdren
06-23-2018, 01:07 PM
Tbh

Over 100k between you two and not one brain cell. Sad

UNT Eagles 2016
06-23-2018, 01:26 PM

It's well known that posts per year (ppy) and brain activity are pretty inversely related.

ducks
06-23-2018, 01:26 PM
Bruce works for the clippers

Clipper Nation
06-23-2018, 01:36 PM
Bruce works for the clippers

Only as an announcer. And no shit, he's going to side with the Spurs. They're still the team he won rings with and who retired his number.

JFK
06-23-2018, 01:43 PM
Only as an announcer. And no shit, he's going to side with the Spurs. They're still the team he won rings with and who retired his number.

That fact. Otherwise he would be managing a Dick’s Sporting Goods somewhere.

He’s also correct. This idiot hasn’t come out and said anything up to now and made things worse. He should be the one talking and not Uncle Dennis through that hack Jabari Young.

BSfromTX
06-23-2018, 01:48 PM
I do think Bowen was a bit salty when Leonard made everyone forget him pretty quick

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-23-2018, 01:53 PM
Bruce is expecting too much There's nothing in Kawhi's makeup to say he's a team leader. He's shown he's a puppet to his uncle at this point.

He can be a stat leader...no doubt. But he's not going to motivate or inspire. He's proven he's either not ready for that role, or just doesn't care to be, or is just incapable of being that guy (which is my belief). He'll make a great Pippen to some team's Jordan though. A great supporting piece to a giant ego somewhere, because Kawhi will just play the game and go home and stay out of the real leader's way. Team him with Lebron and some spot up shooters and they'll win three or four rings together.

daslicer
06-23-2018, 01:55 PM
Bruce is expecting too much There's nothing in Kawhi's makeup to say he's a team leader. He's shown he's a puppet to his uncle at this point.

He can be a stat leader...no doubt. But he's not going to motivate or inspire. He's proven he's either not ready for that role, or just doesn't care to be, or is just incapable of being that guy (which is my belief). He'll make a great Pippen to some team's Jordan though. A great supporting piece to a giant ego somewhere, because Kawhi will just play the game and go home and stay out of the real leader's way. Team him with Lebron and some spot up shooters and they'll win three or four rings together.

He has a Klay Thompson type of mentality without the personality or social skills.

Play Boban
06-23-2018, 02:53 PM
I do think Bowen was a bit salty when Leonard made everyone forget him pretty quick
:cry

dbestpro
06-23-2018, 04:46 PM
I would like to see one team, any team play hard ball and start being physical. Push the NBA refs to call 70 fouls if you have to. Eventually, the calls will go your way, the role of the center will return, and the super team concept will die.

BackHome
06-23-2018, 05:12 PM
Yes Yes Yes

lefty
06-23-2018, 06:14 PM

You mad? :lmao

tonight...you
06-23-2018, 06:39 PM
I would like to see one team, any team play hard ball and start being physical. Push the NBA refs to call 70 fouls if you have to. Eventually, the calls will go your way, the role of the center will return, and the super team concept will die.
Go full-on 80's Detroit Pistons in this day and age... Jordan Rules for every team!
I like it. Just embrace your inner thug and everybody go heightened Draymond. And make sure you whine and have your mommas complain publicly!

Damn snowflakes can't take a little D? The officiating is ridiculous! These guys aren't fouling! They're passionately playing D!

I'm ready.

tonight...you
06-23-2018, 06:40 PM
I certainly am, but not at you - you're awesome.

daslicer
06-23-2018, 06:41 PM

Yup that's what 90's Knicks used to do when it came to fouling. They would dare the refs to call every foul and eventually the refs would let things go.

Spurtacular
06-23-2018, 07:31 PM
Kawhi no longer gets a pass on being a mute. If he can't speak up, then that's his problem. Speaking through surrogates is the coward's way out.

Spurtacular
06-23-2018, 07:31 PM

Until they didn't. :lmao

barbacoataco
06-23-2018, 08:28 PM
As a longtime Spurs fan Bowen is one of my top 5 Spurs ever. His defense was truly special and he could guard a huge range of players. I remember having great seat at a Blazers game around 2006 and seeing him shut down Brandon Roy and Zack Randolph when needed. He also shot over 40% 3 pt not only in the regular season but also in the playoffs like clockwork.

Now you've seen more and more players and others saying things against Leonard. As a Spurs fan for life I'm not going to side with him over Bowen, Ginobili, Parker, Popovich etc. I hope they work things out. If I was PATFO I would make him play next year and then trade him to an Eastern Confrrence contender midseason. If he he refuses to play his value will continue to decline and his skills deteriorate. If he plays well the Spurs could play him of try to make a playoff run. If they were to win a championship next year all might be forgiven.

Besides all that I actually think Leonard will always have injury problems and his best is already in the past.

tholdren
06-23-2018, 08:31 PM

That you have no intelligence. Far from it. Comedy gold seeing your posts and watching you defend them. Keep going strong.

Othyus Lalanne
06-24-2018, 01:20 AM

Is this supposed to be ironic?

duncan2k5
06-24-2018, 11:15 AM

U weren't saying that when he was dominating against the best players and best team in the league tho... How sour are those grapes?

duncan2k5
06-24-2018, 11:16 AM
Ppl saying Kawhi is at fault for not saying anything, as if the Spurs camp has been overly talkative... Both have been silent, and probably by design

Mr. Body
06-24-2018, 11:34 AM
Ppl saying Kawhi is at fault for not saying anything, as if the Spurs camp has been overly talkative... Both have been silent, and probably by design

The Spurs always keep things in house. Hell, Tony screwing Brent Barry's wife would have been major news for months on any other team.

tholdren
06-24-2018, 02:10 PM

You finding a new team?

cutewizard
06-24-2018, 10:58 PM
As a longtime Spurs fan Bowen is one of my top 5 Spurs ever. His defense was truly special and he could guard a huge range of players. I remember having great seat at a Blazers game around 2006 and seeing him shut down Brandon Roy and Zack Randolph when needed. He also shot over 40% 3 pt not only in the regular season but also in the playoffs like clockwork.

Now you've seen more and more players and others saying things against Leonard. As a Spurs fan for life I'm not going to side with him over Bowen, Ginobili, Parker, Popovich etc. I hope they work things out. If I was PATFO I would make him play next year and then trade him to an Eastern Confrrence contender midseason. If he he refuses to play his value will continue to decline and his skills deteriorate. If he plays well the Spurs could play him of try to make a playoff run. If they were to win a championship next year all might be forgiven.

Besides all that I actually think Leonard will always have injury problems and his best is already in the past.

Agree.

ducks
06-24-2018, 10:59 PM
The Spurs always keep things in house. Hell, Tony screwing Brent Barry's wife would have been major news for months on any other team.

He never did
He would have been traded

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-25-2018, 01:01 AM
He never did

seriously, ducks?

from the team’s perspective, confirmed double-marriage-busting sexting has gotta be = to double-marriage-busting sexing

and noone can convince me that tony didnt tap that when he obviously had the chance

sorry barry i love you as a player and personality but cmon

Ice009
06-25-2018, 02:00 AM

Can people fucking parroting this around????????

How many times are people going to fucking say this as fact??????????? If he screwed Brent's wife HE WOULD NOT have still been on the team. Pop wouldn't have allowed him to remain on the team and I think TD wouldn't have wanted him there either.

YGWHI
06-25-2018, 11:42 AM

Pippen role? Nah...KD isn't a leader and didn't take a Pippen role in GSW.

I doubt that Harden cares about his teammates or motivate/inspire theam...I doubt CP3 cares about the franchise he plays for...I wouldn't call them positive leaders.

Bowen just talks about leadership because that's the only thing that he can say about Kawhi.

Tim Duncan was the last team-leader. I love Dirk but he wasn't exactly that guy in the locker room during his prime.

Leadership is overrated by Spurs fans, if we see other fanbases, they care about players that help them to win. Kawhi helped us to win a ring and many playoffs games, that should have been enough.

BackHome
06-25-2018, 11:55 AM
Kawhi can’t wipe his own ass nor can he actually talk it seems. He has been mind fucked by Uncle Fester
but ur more then welcome to join his Ass cleaning crew “the great yacht, tholden, Rd”. Change Kawhi name to KY.

RD2191
06-25-2018, 12:00 PM
Kawhi can’t wipe his own ass nor can he actually talk it seems. He has been mind fucked by Uncle Fester
but ur more then welcome to join his Ass cleaning crew “the great yacht, tholden, Rd”. Change Kawhi name to KY.

Go home son.

BackHome
06-25-2018, 12:07 PM
Don’t be bitter Rob u know the saying “ Behind every cloud there is a silver lining”. :toast

poop
06-25-2018, 12:16 PM
Yup that's what 90's Knicks used to do when it came to fouling. They would dare the refs to call every foul and eventually the refs would let things go.

NBA Generation SJW Snowflake couldnt handle that. They would have curry and durant doing PSA commercials about 'bullies and meanies'.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-25-2018, 12:58 PM
U weren't saying that when he was dominating against the best players and best team in the league tho... How sour are those grapes?

Don't get me wrong. I think he's a great basketball player. You don't have to be a leader to be great at playing a sport.

If a team doesn't need their best player to be a leader, as some have said, then I would say he's perfect......if he shows up.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-25-2018, 01:04 PM
Pippen role? Nah...KD isn't a leader and didn't take a Pippen role in GSW.

I doubt that Harden cares about his teammates or motivate/inspire theam...I doubt CP3 cares about the franchise he plays for...I wouldn't call them positive leaders.

Bowen just talks about leadership because that's the only thing that he can say about Kawhi.

Tim Duncan was the last team-leader. I love Dirk but he wasn't exactly that guy in the locker room during his prime.

Leadership is overrated by Spurs fans, if we see other fanbases, they care about players that help them to win. Kawhi helped us to win a ring and many playoffs games, that should have been enough.

You might be right...I don't really know for sure. It seems, though, that most dynastic teams have had a personality, motivation and/or inspiration from their guys at the top. Duncan, Shaq/Kobe, Jordan, Magic, etc. I do think a team needs some form of leadership to truly get to the next level. A collection of talent, no matter how good, needs someone pulling it all together. And in today's NBA that's certainly not the coach. Role players don't command enough respect in most cases. That kind of leaves the guys who can fill the stat sheet.

The Warriors seem to be breaking that mold a bit, because I'm not sure who the outright "leader" is. Perhaps it's by committee for them, which might be what the Spurs could emulate.

daslicer
06-25-2018, 01:07 PM
You might be right...I don't really know for sure. It seems, though, that most dynastic teams have had a personality, motivation and/or inspiration from their guys at the top. Duncan, Shaq/Kobe, Jordan, Magic, etc. I do think a team needs some form of leadership to truly get to the next level. A collection of talent, no matter how good, needs someone pulling it all together. And in today's NBA that's certainly not the coach. Role players don't command enough respect in most cases. That kind of leaves the guys who can fill the stat sheet.

The Warriors seem to be breaking that mold a bit, because I'm not sure who the outright "leader" is. Perhaps it's by committee for them, which might be what the Spurs could emulate.

Draymond Green is the leader of the Warriors and he's a role player.

tholdren
06-25-2018, 01:26 PM

The nba is so hard up for talent it is embarassing

james evans
06-25-2018, 01:59 PM

spurs fans, ahem, white people, statements the past few years AND this season.

The past 10 years or so : "The Spurs are a classy organization. Nothing ever leaks out and that's great that we don't have too many talkative players on our team. Tim was quiet and so is Leonard. We need more of that in the league. "

This season: "WHY IS THAT ****** REFUSING TO TALK???? GET THAT MUTE/RETARD/AUTISTIC QUIET PLAYER THE HELL OFF MY TEAM!!"

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2018, 02:04 PM

I don't think anybody ever considered Shaq or Kobe to be good leaders, and I'd question whether Jordan was ever a good leader..Phil Jackson's strongest attribute was his leadership, he wasn't a particularly great coach, I'd say he was their leader..

Most teams that win titles are full of veterans, they don't really need leadership unless there are some questionable people in the locker room that need direction IMO..

E20
06-25-2018, 03:16 PM
Stephen A ripping Kawhi a new one on First Take. Thank you Stephen A.

ECOV
06-25-2018, 03:21 PM
Stephen A ripping Kawhi a new one on First Take. Thank you Stephen A.

Vid?

Extra Stout
06-25-2018, 03:22 PM

How many times are people going to fucking say this as fact??????????? If he screwed Brent's wife HE WOULD NOT have still been on the team. Pop wouldn't have allowed him to remain on the team and I think TD wouldn't have wanted him there either.
They exchanged inappropriate text messages and had gotten emotionally involved. Supposedly nothing physical happened. The rumors were that the Barrys were splitting up anyway, but that the fling had a lot to do with why Parker and Eva Longoria got divorced.

E20
06-26-2018, 11:56 AM
Vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQks07UgKNs

SAGirl
06-26-2018, 12:11 PM

Raymond has been the leader... Whether it's acknowledged or not. Klay and Curry could always shoot but GSW didn't become what they are until Raymond grew up and developed as a player. I'll give him that much credit. He couldn't do what he does anywhere else but he complements their stars and has the competitive drive to step on necks when he has to.

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2018, 07:42 PM
They exchanged inappropriate text messages and had gotten emotionally involved. Supposedly nothing physical happened. The rumors were that the Barrys were splitting up anyway, but that the fling had a lot to do with why Parker and Eva Longoria got divorced.

Erin Barry was 10 times hotter than Eva Longoria. Cant blame Tony if she put it out there.

BillMc
06-26-2018, 08:07 PM

this

TheDoctor
06-26-2018, 08:29 PM

Yeah because they were teenagers :lmao

Let's not be so naive, HoTS shedded that skin in Erin's cave.

picnroll
06-26-2018, 08:30 PM
this
So Parker and Erin Barry never had a sexual relationship, just sexting and all this indignant outrage over flirting. wtf

Extra Stout
06-26-2018, 09:29 PM
So Parker and Erin Barry never had a sexual relationship, just sexting and all this indignant outrage over flirting. wtfA lot of women see emotional affairs as being almost as bad, if not just as bad, as sexual affairs. Men are either oblivious or don’t see solely emotional affairs as being as serious, typically in retrospect after they end before becoming physical.

BackHome
06-26-2018, 11:23 PM
Every married man that I have known was texting another women was texting when to fuck. Ok I know one only one guy who I convinced not to cheat on his wife cause the girl was a money grubbing whore. Ladies if ur reading this mid life crisis is for real so let him get the sports car or he going to screw the 20 year old stripper

32fastest
06-27-2018, 12:01 AM

Pretty good. :bobo

32fastest
06-27-2018, 12:04 AM
Every married man that I have known was texting another women was texting when to fuck. Ok I know one only one guy who I convinced not to cheat on his wife cause the girl was a money grubbing whore. Ladies if ur reading this mid life crisis is for real so let him get the sports car or he going to screw the 20 year old stripper

that escalated quickly

spurs10
06-27-2018, 12:35 AM

How many times are people going to fucking say this as fact??????????? If he screwed Brent's wife HE WOULD NOT have still been on the team. Pop wouldn't have allowed him to remain on the team and I think TD wouldn't have wanted him there either. Thank you! Erin Barry is a class act. If you hear her side of the story you wouldn't believe this ridiculous nonsense. Brent is the one who screwed up and she divorced him. That's the end of the story....and yes no way Pop would have allowed this in the first place. Tony would be living in China right now.

NameLess Scrub
06-27-2018, 06:23 AM

I think with that collection of talent, leadership and coaching are not huge factors.

NameLess Scrub
06-27-2018, 06:32 AM
Thank you! Erin Barry is a class act. If you hear her side of the story you wouldn't believe this ridiculous nonsense. Brent is the one who screwed up and she divorced him. That's the end of the story....and yes no way Pop would have allowed this in the first place. Tony would be living in China right now.

Well, you're hearing her side after all :lol :lol

duncan2k5
06-27-2018, 11:47 AM

Thats my point...its cool when spurs do it, but when a naturally quiet player does it, its a problem? Its bot as if the dude was draymond, and suddenly went quiet...both sides have the ability to speak, both sides choose not to

duncan2k5
06-27-2018, 11:48 AM
He never did

He most def did...

Ice009
06-27-2018, 11:55 AM
He most def did...

How in the F would you know? Where you there?

Ginobilly
06-27-2018, 11:59 AM
He never did

Bullshit!
Parker is a star player! If it was somebody like danny green, yeah, pop would of shipped his ass to the bobcats. Star players get more leeway than scrubs.

If i remember correctly, erin denied it in the media like a typical gal whose been busted. Parker just kept his mouth shut and refused to answer questions pertaining to the affair. Pop didn't say much either.

Dverde
06-27-2018, 12:06 PM
I thought they got busted sexting each other. I don’t think anyone ever admitted to a physical encounter. Eva probably found a lot more stuff when she went snooping.

Maj_G
06-27-2018, 06:08 PM
At least now we know who pays for all this negative publicity against Kawhi, it's most likely the Clippers. Who are reportedly very aggressive in acquiring Kawhi.

Maj_G
06-27-2018, 06:16 PM
Why Bruce went to LA, did he do it for money? Or he is working for free? Now he degrades Kawhi! Kawhi is going to La for his family, and make more money. It's basically the same thing.

KD explained it on a podcast, you are in California to invest. Many NBA players nowadays do. According to KD, Iguodala is a tycoon. Look at Magic, he is doing pretty well himself. If you were Kawhi, NBA pays well, but you can be making so much more and it will last for the rest of your life.

DPG21920
06-27-2018, 06:21 PM
Why Bruce went to LA, did he do it for money? Or he is working for free? Now he degrades Kawhi! Kawhi is going to La for his family, and make more money. It's basically the same thing.

KD explained it on a podcast, you are in California to invest. Many NBA players nowadays do. According to KD, Iguodala is a tycoon. Look at Magic, he is doing pretty well himself. If you were Kawhi, NBA pays well, but you can be making so much more and it will last for the rest of your life.

Lebron doesn’t live in LA and he has more money then all of them.

daslicer
06-27-2018, 10:22 PM

:lol The money Kawhi made will already last the rest of his life.