PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are hoping LeBron goes to lakers?

Rob123
06-24-2018, 10:37 AM
Seems like they’re gambling that LeBron goes to LA making that LeBron town so that Kawhi changes his mind and stays where it’s Kawhi town.

Mr. Body
06-24-2018, 10:45 AM
Um, no?

K...
06-24-2018, 10:47 AM
scenario one: lebron goes to LA and gets impatient about the spurs holding leonard, gets pg and whoever to create his team.

scenarios 2: lebron leaves to any team and Leonard has to reassess his options.

buttsR4rebounding
06-24-2018, 10:49 AM
Seems like they’re gambling that LeBron goes to LA making that LeBron town so that Kawhi changes his mind and stays where it’s Kawhi town.

If Lebron and PG13 both go the Lakers cannot create enough cap space to sign Kawhi.

Mr. Body
06-24-2018, 10:51 AM
LA is an ugly-ass team. No sense to what they have and far from contending. LBJ has to know he'd be dragging a mediocre team forward and I'm not sure he's up to that. Plus gets the chance to get destroyed by the GSW four times a year.

dbestpro
06-24-2018, 10:55 AM
If lebron wants to go to a Super team with Paul on it, the best route is to find a way to sign with Houston. All the pieces are already in place.

Dex
06-24-2018, 10:59 AM
Spurs won't be the first team to give L.A. a piece they need for their superteam puzzle.

If Lebron goes to Lakers, that blows half of their cap-space. If they add PG or another major piece, their cap space is gone. And that's assuming they are able to find someone to take Deng, who probably has the most absurd contract in the league.

Which means if Kawhi still wants to go there next summer, he will have to take a major pay cut.

At this point, waiting out Kawhi and the Lakers and seeing who blinks first makes the most sense unless they just throw an absurd deal at the Spurs...which they won't, because they are holding onto hope that Kawhi will still go their for peanuts next year.

RD2191
06-24-2018, 11:03 AM
Spurs won't be the first team to give L.A. a piece they need for their superteam puzzle.

If Lebron goes to Lakers, that blows half of their cap-space. If they add PG or another major piece, their cap space is gone. And that's assuming they are able to find someone to take Deng, who probably has the most absurd contract in the league.

Which means if Kawhi still wants to go there next summer, he will have to take a major pay cut.

At this point, waiting out Kawhi and the Lakers and seeing who blinks first makes the most sense unless they just throw an absurd deal at the Spurs...which they won't, because they are holding onto hope that Kawhi will still go their for peanuts next year.

Are LBJ and PG both looking for the max?

stxspurs
06-24-2018, 11:04 AM
alot of ppl on the lakers messageboard believe the Lakers already have a wink wink deal with KL and LBJ

Dex
06-24-2018, 11:11 AM
Are LBJ and PG both looking for the max?

Lebron has gone on the record that he will ask for max. He is spinning that it would "set a bad precedent" if he took less, but lets be honest...he just wants his money and he deserves it.

If PG goes to a major market, I'd be highly surprised if he didn't go for max as well.

RD2191
06-24-2018, 11:30 AM
Lebron has gone on the record that he will ask for max. He is spinning that it would "set a bad precedent" if he took less, but lets be honest...he just wants his money and he deserves it.

If PG goes to a major market, I'd be highly surprised if he didn't go for max as well.

Yeah, LeBron is definitely full of shit with that excuse. :lol

BatManu20
06-24-2018, 11:55 AM
alot of ppl on the lakers messageboard believe the Lakers already have a wink wink deal with KL and LBJ

That would require the Spurs to trade Kawhi to to the Lakers, which isn’t going to happen. Ever.

Ron Swanson
06-24-2018, 11:56 AM

alot of ppl on the lakers messageboard are fucking retarded

tmtcsc
06-24-2018, 01:16 PM

A lot of people on that message board are delusional or gullible.

Mr. Body
06-24-2018, 01:17 PM
A lot of people on that message board are delusional or gullible.

Not the stalwarts of mental rigor you find here.

baseline bum
06-24-2018, 02:50 PM
If lebron wants to go to a Super team with Paul on it, the best route is to find a way to sign with Houston. All the pieces are already in place.

Good luck convincing Cleveland to trade for Ryan Anderson. After factoring in salary plus luxury tax Anderson would probably cost them somewhere around $50 million this year. You pay that kind of money for LeBron but not to go to the lottery. The luxury tax is so much uglier now than it was 5-6 years ago, and Cleveland is a repeat offender so would pay even more than other teams with their bloated payroll.

DeRozan m8
06-24-2018, 03:27 PM
Kawhi would prefer to play in LeBron town, he doesn't like the spotlight.

Is op on drugs?

Rob123
06-24-2018, 05:25 PM
Um, no?
No that’s exactly what’s happening. LeBron to the lakers complicates Kawhi to any LA team.

Mr. Body
06-24-2018, 05:32 PM
No that’s exactly what’s happening. LeBron to the lakers complicates Kawhi to any LA team.

I don't want LeBron to the Lakers under any circumstance and his presence there would make Kawhi even more likely to want to go, while I feel there are options to get him elsewhere.

Extra Stout
06-24-2018, 06:30 PM
It’s the opposite. Kawhi doesn’t want a “Kawhi town.” The whole point of this was so he could go play with LeBron in LA. It just didn’t work because the Spurs figured it out.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-24-2018, 06:32 PM
Luck_The_Fakers

Vito Corleone
06-24-2018, 06:35 PM
I personally think Lebron's best chance at joining a super team is in Philly. Add Lebron to what is already there and you have a scary team to face down the Warriors.

BD24
06-24-2018, 09:15 PM
Not the stalwarts of mental rigor you find here.
:lol

MoSpur02
06-25-2018, 07:43 AM
The Spurs hope LeBron chooses them. They are willing to go over the cap to get LeBron. Been told they really want him and will go after him.

2Cleva
06-25-2018, 08:12 AM
LeBron already has made his decision.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23901665/lebron-james-want-hear-big-pitches-make-decision

He will be a Laker this year. Word is he'll opt-in and have a trade this week - before FA. I'll take any bets on any doubters.

MoSpur02
06-25-2018, 08:32 AM
Only reason he will pick the Lakers is because of family. If he wants to win he will choose to stay with the Cavs or go to Philly or come to San Antonio depending on what the Spurs will do. I don't see him going to the Rockets.

Chillen
06-25-2018, 08:33 AM

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23901665/lebron-james-want-hear-big-pitches-make-decision

He will be a Laker this year. Word is he'll opt-in and have a trade this week - before FA. I'll take any bets on any doubters.

Why does that signal Lakers? if he won't meet with teams it means he has his mind made up but it favors staying in Cleveland. He has till Friday to opt in to remain a Cav, if he opts out that is good news for whichever team he picks.

Chillen
06-25-2018, 08:36 AM
Only reason he will pick the Lakers is because of family. If he wants to win he will choose to stay with the Cavs or go to Philly or come to San Antonio depending on what the Spurs will do. I don't see him going to the Rockets.

LeBron and Paul George is not enough to beat Warriors. If he chooses Lakers it means he is going there to please family and not to win immediately. If he wants to win Spurs, Rockets, Philly, Celtics give him the best chance to possibly win an NBA title it's not Lakers, not next year anyway. If he stays with Cavs they could possibly make Finals again but only if Celtics get hurt again.

2Cleva
06-25-2018, 08:36 AM
Why does that signal Lakers? if he won't meet with teams it means he has his mind made up but it favors staying in Cleveland. He has till Friday to opt in to remain a Cav, if he opts out that is good news for whichever team he picks.

That alone doesn't signal LA. A lot of other reports do.

For example out of Miami - https://twitter.com/AIR305/status/1011096472857739270

MoSpur02
06-25-2018, 09:45 AM
According to First Take they have late breaking news regarding LeBron and Lakers

MoSpur02
06-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Never mind. Its the same thing Ramona reported about not wanting to hear elaborate pitches.

mo7888
06-25-2018, 10:30 AM

Why would Cleveland trade him there if he opts in? Their tax hit would be enormous.

2Cleva
06-25-2018, 05:28 PM
Might be better than getting nothing.

2Cleva
06-25-2018, 05:29 PM
Also details on LeBron's announcement.

https://twitter.com/ScoopB/status/1011302288084865025?s=19

Word is the plot is the Monstars take the powers of Lakers greats and LeBron signs with LA to fight them.

baseline bum
06-25-2018, 06:04 PM

It's hard to see before July 6th IMO (or whichever date FA can officially sign contracts this summer). LA can't legally trade its expirings like Lopez, Caldwell-Pope, Frye, and Thomas. So since LeBron's deal is worth around $33.3 million this year, the Lakers would have to ship out around $26.6 million (= 33.3 million/1.25) of non-expirings to make it work under the CBA. The only thing that works is Deng + Ball + Ingram. I don't think that makes much sense for the Lakers to do since they can probably get someone to take Deng's contract by offering up just one of Ball or Ingram or maybe even just Kuzma. After factoring in luxury tax though the Cavs would be paying around $70 million extra next season to get Ingram and Ball. I can see them paying that kind of money for LeBron but not to be going to the lottery. The repeater's tax is pretty punitive and the Cavs will be paying it if they do that deal. I think the more likely thing we see if LeBron opts in but still wants to be a Laker is the Cavs trading him to the Lakers for a second rounder as a thank you for his last four years in Cleveland. That would allow the Lakers to make a Full Bird offer to re-sign James next summer.