PDA

View Full Version : NBA: PG13 to get a 3 part ESPN doc ...yes, Paul George!!

Killakobe81
06-25-2018, 01:18 PM
https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/06/paul-georges-offseason-to-be-featured-in-three-part-sportscenter-series/

I like ...(don't love) Paul George. I think he is a mid level #2 on a contender ...but whatever.
I Would welcome him to the Lakers ... gladly, but dont think he is a franchise game changer.
What I am sure as shit of ... he doesnt deserve a ESPN doc series based on his FA descision.
Maybe only Bron out of this year's crop (including CP3) deserves THAT much attention.

Today's NBA superstars :lol

Killakobe81
06-25-2018, 01:21 PM
My bad only a "feature" not a full doc ...

But still, ESPN desperate for programming?

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Probably means he's going to the Lakers..

Kyle Orton
06-25-2018, 01:45 PM
Has there ever been such an obvious 2nd-3rd level player get the superstar treatment like this guy tbh

Killakobe81
06-25-2018, 01:51 PM
Has there ever been such an obvious 2nd-3rd level player get the superstar treatment like this guy tbh

that is my point I will give him 2nd level but not Pau/Pippen/young Achilles/or even heatles era Wade.
He is good and plays defense and sees about 85% of what he was pre-injury ...some of that may be age as well ...
But he was high level #2 pre injury I would say mid/low afterwards ...

But dude has a Gatorade commercial and made the cover of 2k in the past 3 years ...

DPG21920
06-25-2018, 01:52 PM
Probably means he's going to the Lakers..

Awesome - LA has not done anything to deserve landing stars, but I hope PG/Bron go to LA. Would make the West even cooler while also likely landing a blow to Kawhi to LA as well.

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2018, 01:54 PM
Awesome - LA has not done anything to deserve landing stars, but I hope PG/Bron go to LA. Would make the West even cooler while also likely landing a blow to Kawhi to LA as well.

I agree about George, I hope he goes to LA..

I'm assuming ESPN thinks he's going there, I don't know why else they would give him this platform, he's irrelevant in the grand scheme of the NBA:lol

Jules_Winnfield
06-25-2018, 01:58 PM

Cool name, can dunk.. :downspin:

Chris Fall
06-25-2018, 02:02 PM

Carmelo?

Other sports: Derek Jeter, Russell Wilson...

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Carmelo?

Other sports: Derek Jeter, Russell Wilson...

Carmelo's a good choice, but at least it was mostly because of his college career and pre-NBA hype..

I'm not really sure where Paul George's popularity came from..

Arcadian
06-25-2018, 02:10 PM
They should make a Kawhi documentary where he just stares at the camera awkwardly for 2 hours.

Jules_Winnfield
06-25-2018, 02:32 PM
Carmelo's a good choice, but at least it was mostly because of his college career and pre-NBA hype..

http://78.media.tumblr.com/cd0c956d1d09cf68ff5b35e4cb405da9/tumblr_molh7jpXKO1s5djgpo1_400.gif
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a4/bf/c5/a4bfc58c06d06e662e1fcfaca2c7f0ce.gif
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2675485/respect.gif

Chris Fall
06-25-2018, 02:35 PM

Would you believe in shoe sales conspiracy?

Paul George is one of only a handful of NBA players that has his own signature Nike shoe. We know about Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, Kyrie. Guys like Melo and CP3 and Russ aren’t signatures as they are special editions under the Jordan brand. Draymond doesn’t have a signature shoe contract. It’s something called an exclusive edition or something like that.

Anyway, it may be somewhat surprising, but Paul George and Kyrie Irving had the most signature shoes worn by NBA players last season. LeBron and Jordan and Kobe sales had started to decline. Durant shoes had pretty good initial success, but increased pricing started to change that. Kyrie and George are a test case in relatively affordable Nike shoes (consistently in the $90-100 range) for not just other basketball players but the street market. You see all the bold and different designs they have compared to like LeBron, look at the Play Station theme targeted to more street use over basketball use.

Kyrie and George are now two of the bigger names in the Nike basketball shoe business. It would behoove both guys be in bigger markets for shoe sales. Think Nike executives are happy George has a feature on ESPN?

baseline bum
06-25-2018, 02:42 PM

Paging Clipper Nation

Fabbs
06-25-2018, 03:55 PM

Paul George is one of only a handful of NBA players that has his own signature Nike shoe.
100% believable along with the posts on BSPNs agenda.

Killakobe81
06-25-2018, 04:00 PM

Paul George is one of only a handful of NBA players that has his own signature Nike shoe. We know about Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, Kyrie. Guys like Melo and CP3 and Russ aren’t signatures as they are special editions under the Jordan brand. Draymond doesn’t have a signature shoe contract. It’s something called an exclusive edition or something like that.

Anyway, it may be somewhat surprising, but Paul George and Kyrie Irving had the most signature shoes worn by NBA players last season. LeBron and Jordan and Kobe sales had started to decline. Durant shoes had pretty good initial success, but increased pricing started to change that. Kyrie and George are a test case in relatively affordable Nike shoes (consistently in the $90-100 range) for not just other basketball players but the street market. You see all the bold and different designs they have compared to like LeBron, look at the Play Station theme targeted to more street use over basketball use.

Kyrie and George are now two of the bigger names in the Nike basketball shoe business. It would behoove both guys be in bigger markets for shoe sales. Think Nike executives are happy George has a feature on ESPN?

Great point. Thought but a Co worker of mine only 25 said he his frat brows copped a pair... And I thought it weird but he also loves The Kyrie signature line...

midnightpulp
06-25-2018, 04:08 PM
Writing's on the wall. Welcome to LA, Paul George! I think Lebron stays in Cleveland, and we're not obviously trading Kawhi, so "Lakers reloaded" will likely look like: Paul George + their underwhelming prospects, with LaMelo on the way in two years :lol

Killakobe81
06-25-2018, 04:10 PM
Writing's on the wall. Welcome to LA, Paul George! I think Lebron stays in Cleveland, and we're not obviously trading Kawhi, so "Lakers reloaded" will likely look like: Paul George + their underwhelming prospects, with LaMelo on the way in two years :lol

Still Can get KL in GA and Ingram and Kuz will look even better another year in our uptempo system. Our underwhelming prospects will fetch even more this season..

spurraider21
06-25-2018, 04:11 PM
if lebron stays, do they pay julia randle?

Clipper Nation
06-25-2018, 04:14 PM
He's also getting his own billboards:

:lol The Begging: Part 3

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2018, 04:20 PM
Still Can get KL in GA and Ingram and Kuz will look even better another year in our uptempo system. Our underwhelming prospects will fetch even more this season..

What's it looking like with Randle? He was BY FAR their best player, last season..you think they keep him if they don't get LeBron?

Jules_Winnfield
06-25-2018, 04:30 PM
"Are you ****ing kidding me? This guy is the most overrated player I've seen in a long time. Who the FUCK wants to watch a 3-part series to see where Mr. 2-16 decides to ringchase at? http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

This is sad."

:lol

SuperCam
06-25-2018, 04:46 PM
I agree about George, I hope he goes to LA..

I'm assuming ESPN thinks he's going there, I don't know why else they would give him this platform, he's irrelevant in the grand scheme of the NBA:lol

better or worse than gordan hayward tbh?

BatManu20
06-25-2018, 05:01 PM
Would think this pretty much guarantees he's LA bound.

BatManu20
06-25-2018, 05:22 PM
Lmao this is an excerpt from the leaked script of the Lakers' pitch to PG. Lakers writing poems to FA's :lol

"When you were just a kid

In your room
Dreaming from Palmdale

We were dreaming too.

While you dreamt, we built - built for your arrival

And while we dreamt, you built too
Becoming one of the world's greatest.

Life's most powerful dream are the one we realize ourselves.

The ones that turn us into legends.
That kid from Palmdale always knew it
Now the world will, too"

BatManu20
06-25-2018, 05:28 PM

BatManu20
06-25-2018, 05:32 PM

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2018, 06:58 PM
better or worse than gordan hayward tbh?

:lol what do you think?

HarlemHeat37
06-25-2018, 06:59 PM
Did Magic and young Magic create that pitch?:lol

Mugen
06-25-2018, 07:04 PM
Pitch is pretty easy without Kirby in the room tbh

weebo
06-25-2018, 07:09 PM

True. There pitch should be something like: "Hey, no more kobe."

Fabbs
06-25-2018, 07:12 PM
probably really did.

Chucho
06-25-2018, 07:16 PM
LOL, got raped, pillaged and setback an entire decade by a piece of luggage and the biggest name they'll land since Haliburton left that shit franchise a pile of ashes is more luggage. :lmao

Clipper Nation
06-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Lmao this is an excerpt from the leaked script of the Lakers' pitch to PG. Lakers writing poems to FA's :lol

"When you were just a kid

In your room
Dreaming from Palmdale

We were dreaming too.

While you dreamt, we built - built for your arrival

And while we dreamt, you built too
Becoming one of the world's greatest.

Life's most powerful dream are the one we realize ourselves.

The ones that turn us into legends.
That kid from Palmdale always knew it
Now the world will, too"

:lol Wow, that's almost as corny as one of Avante's poems.

baseline bum
06-25-2018, 07:18 PM

Always thought Magic was more a catch than a pitch tbh

Chris Fall
06-25-2018, 07:24 PM
True. There pitch should be something like: "Hey, no more kobe."

Uhhh Paul George idolizes Kobe. And I believe he’s spent time working out with him in the summer.

Kobe should have nothing to do with the pitch. But if he were, he’d probably help.

Clipper Nation
06-25-2018, 07:25 PM
For the record, Paul George was a Clipper fan growing up and he wanted the Clippers to draft him. So their pitch doesn't even make sense in reality :lol

8FOR!3
06-25-2018, 08:03 PM
If Spurs never traded Paul George, Kawhi would probably still want to be on the team...smh

LkrFan
06-25-2018, 08:14 PM

Magic is Laker royalty. I'm sure PG13 still has a Showtime poster at his Mamma crib in his old room.

If he looks Magic in his eyes and tell him no - I'd rather go back to OKC, wow, just WOW!! :rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
06-25-2018, 08:17 PM
For the record, Paul George was a Clipper fan growing up and he wanted the Clippers to draft him. So their pitch doesn't even make sense in reality :lol

PG13 looked up to KobePERIOD.

Probably the only reason why he was a "Clipper fan" was because they probably had affordable 99 cent season tickets when he was growing up :lmao

midnightpulp
06-25-2018, 08:27 PM
PG13 looked up to KobePERIOD.

Probably the only reason why he was a "Clipper fan" was because they probably had affordable 99 cent season tickets when he was growing up :lmao

PG, Lonzo, and LaMelo will be an interesting trio for the future.

LkrFan
06-25-2018, 08:58 PM
PG, Lonzo, and LaMelo will be an interesting trio for the future.

:lolK

At least Maginka didn't do this:

RC Buford ($48 milli to TOSPau) = Kupcake ($48 milli to Kobe) :lmao

K...
06-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Apparently part two of the script is just a loop of his leg injury with different funny sounds. It's the only part I'll watch tbh

spurraider21
06-25-2018, 09:55 PM
:lolK

At least Maginka didn't do this:

RC Buford ($48 milli to TOSPau) = Kupcake ($48 milli to Kobe) :lmao
3 years vs 2 years tbh

Fabbs
06-25-2018, 10:25 PM
3 years vs 2 years tbh
and 40 vs 48.
As Gasols contract, shitty as it is contains an 8 mil team opt out in final season if they want to buy the phaggot out.

But LakerPhan can continue to laugh because it is such a pathetic move by Popped.

RsxPiimp
06-25-2018, 10:27 PM
setting the franchise for further embarrassment smh

the poem
the billboards

wrf happened to the lakers.

Clipper Nation
06-25-2018, 11:18 PM
setting the franchise for further embarrassment smh

the poem
the billboards

wrf happened to the lakers.
The Kobe Effect

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2018, 11:18 PM
he mimick kobe, kobe went colorado and it destroyed the lakers 3peat dynasty internally from the ass up

same shit with pg13 who tried to made a pacer a cuck, only to dissemble what shouldve been a contender roster...

lol chumps

RsxPiimp
06-25-2018, 11:25 PM
The Kobe Effect

there’s a bit of truth in that but the lakers dodged a few bullets as a result (melo and howard):lol

Spurtacular
06-25-2018, 11:32 PM

That's a pretty significant "bad". It pretty much shits on your OP.

:lmao Today's Shithole Warriors fan.

RsxPiimp
06-25-2018, 11:38 PM
and that shoe deal conspiracy is a myth. lebron and kyrie had the best selling shoes last year, and none played in a “huge market” ...PG’s signature line isnt going to suddenly shoot up in sales, simply because he plays in LA.

among 15+ elite and marquee player that represents two major brands (adidas and nike) george is probably the least talented and marketable player (excluding rose since he signed the deal pre-injury)

Chucho
06-25-2018, 11:47 PM
Dead Bea Arthur will come back to life before the ashes of this shot franchise does. All of ESPN's seances and prayers aren't bringing that shit back from the dead.

LkrFan
06-26-2018, 04:52 AM
3 years vs 2 years tbh

:downspin: that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!! :lmao

Killakobe81
06-26-2018, 05:48 AM
and that shoe deal conspiracy is a myth. lebron and kyrie had the best selling shoes last year, and none played in a “huge market” ...PG’s signature line isnt going to suddenly shoot up in sales, simply because he plays in LA.

among 15+ elite and marquee player that represents two major brands (adidas and nike) george is probably the least talented and marketable player (excluding rose since he signed the deal pre-injury)

Exaggerated but not a complete myth.
Without the Laker base BBB would move some merch still because of the silly FB show but a big market with a popular franchise helps. Not if you are in a big market but still are the Nets or Clippers. But when you the Yanks, Redsox, Cowboys etc. Hence the high jersey sales of Dak, Judge Lonzo etc.
LeBron and Kyrie are outliers... LeBron helped with exposure no way Kyrie and his shoes are as popular if LeBron doesn't give him that platform.

But as for the rest saving cap space is still a good option and Randle at 12-15 million is cool with me too.

Killakobe81
06-26-2018, 05:50 AM
Dead Bea Arthur will come back to life before the ashes of this shot franchise does. All of ESPN's seances and prayers aren't bringing that shit back from the dead.

Niccas out here praying...
Some are bitching.. oh what a failure if we don't sign anyone... Others we'll PG is overrated Lakers are dumb to pay/want him. Which is it?

RsxPiimp
06-26-2018, 07:42 AM
Exaggerated but not a complete myth.
Without the Laker base BBB would move some merch still because of the silly FB show but a big market with a popular franchise helps. Not if you are in a big market but still are the Nets or Clippers. But when you the Yanks, Redsox, Cowboys etc. Hence the high jersey sales of Dak, Judge Lonzo etc.
LeBron and Kyrie are outliers... LeBron helped with exposure no way Kyrie and his shoes are as popular if LeBron doesn't give him that platform.

But as for the rest saving cap space is still a good option and Randle at 12-15 million is cool with me too.

jersey sales has no correlation with shoe sales. kids are not lining up to buy a paul george shoes. jordan who hasn’t stepped on the court for almost 2 decades still dominates the market. kobe in his absolute prime pre-rape couldn’t move adidas same with Reeboks Shaq attacks at a time he was dominating the league.

its not market size, it’s a combination of winning, how dynamic the player is and most importantly the design of the shoes. this puts you in front of the public and get things rolling. george relocating his brand to a lottery team isnt going to magically help him sell shoes, nevermind the fact the lakers colorway are too loud for casual wear.

Killakobe81
06-26-2018, 08:11 AM
jersey sales has no correlation with shoe sales. kids are not lining up to buy a paul george shoes. jordan who hasn’t stepped on the court for almost 2 decades still dominates the market. kobe in his absolute prime pre-rape couldn’t move adidas same with Reeboks Shaq attacks at a time he was dominating the league.

its not market size, it’s a combination of winning, how dynamic the player is and most importantly the design of the shoes. this puts you in front of the public and get things rolling. george relocating his brand to a lottery team isnt going to magically help him sell shoes, nevermind the fact the lakers colorway are too loud for casual wear.

But Jam is right PG's have sold some and even more importantly for advertsing other players have been wearing them.
They are not doing as well as some of the others you have mentioned and I also agree joining the Lakers won't catapault him to a top spot.
But teh colorway argument is a irrelevant Pretty sure for most athletes the alternate colors sell more than any others.
My current Kobe's are not in P&G they are in red and black.
Spurs are lucky black is always gonna be popular and the raiders made silver & black part of the culture .. teh Lakers colorway doesnt detract from Kobe's shoes which sold very well especially once he moved to teh lower cuts.

As for PG again I am mehhhh on him signing. IF he coems great we will be better he has to be an uprgrade on KCP who we were overpaying anyway. But there goes a max slot on a player who is very good not great.
IF he does not, it leaves the door open for:
1. Deveoloping the young core even more
2. Leaves the door open not only for KL but for any other moves down the line.

Ingram will be legit and Kuzma will be a our rovbert Horry the key is Lonzo if he can figure out a stroke at the FT line and from 3 his game will open up and we can at least challenge for the last playoff spot. I am not against building around the young guys ... LAker fans though are so damn impatient.

RsxPiimp
06-26-2018, 08:19 AM
But Jam is right PG's have sold some and even more importantly for advertsing other players have been wearing them.
They are not doing as well as some of the others you have mentioned and I also agree joining the Lakers won't catapault him to a top spot.
But teh colorway argument is a irrelevant Pretty sure for most athletes the alternate colors sell more than any others.
My current Kobe's are not in P&G they are in red and black.
Spurs are lucky black is always gonna be popular and the raiders made silver & black part of the culture .. teh Lakers colorway doesnt detract from Kobe's shoes which sold very well especially once he moved to teh lower cuts.

As for PG again I am mehhhh on him signing. IF he coems great we will be better he has to be an uprgrade on KCP who we were overpaying anyway. But there goes a max slot on a player who is very good not great.
IF he does not, it leaves the door open for:
1. Deveoloping the young core even more
2. Leaves the door open not only for KL but for any other moves down the line.

Ingram will be legit and Kuzma will be a our rovbert Horry the key is Lonzo if he can figure out a stroke at the FT line and from 3 his game will open up and we can at least challenge for the last playoff spot. I am not against building around the young guys ... LAker fans though are so damn impatient.

paul george are the worse selling signature basketball shoes:lol it’s already on clearance racks despite being the cheapest from their lineup. draymond green’s unofficial HyperDunks sold more than PG’s.

nike can only do so much to market the guy but unless george starts winning in LA and Tinker Hatfield designs his line, his shoes aren’t going to suddenly sell like pancakes.

RsxPiimp
06-26-2018, 08:23 AM
i do think they should roll with kuz, ingram and zo for another year. those kids have so much potential. especially ingram.

Killakobe81
06-26-2018, 09:26 AM
paul george are the worse selling signature basketball shoes:lol it’s already on clearance racks despite being the cheapest from their lineup. draymond green’s unofficial HyperDunks sold more than PG’s.

nike can only do so much to market the guy but unless george starts winning in LA and Tinker Hatfield designs his line, his shoes aren’t going to suddenly sell like pancakes.

never said they will sell like "hotcakes" only said they will sell more in L.A. ...
Of course they need to win and he needs to play well ...

and tinker has some gemns but also some ugly ass version of Jordan's they still sell because he is MJ ...
But not sure PG could "get away" with an ugly shoe ...funny is people pay well over $200 at realease and sometimes double after they sell out for even the ugly version of MJ's shoes.
And they still are "in style" all these years laters ...it's teh craziest thing ever.

Jordans are still "in" when Tiberlands, Fubu, tommy, nautica, Karl Kany, phat farm , sean John etc have all been considered "dead".

RsxPiimp
06-26-2018, 10:18 AM
never said they will sell like "hotcakes" only said they will sell more in L.A. ...
Of course they need to win and he needs to play well ...

and tinker has some gemns but also some ugly ass version of Jordan's they still sell because he is MJ ...
But not sure PG could "get away" with an ugly shoe ...funny is people pay well over $200 at realease and sometimes double after they sell out for even the ugly version of MJ's shoes.
And they still are "in style" all these years laters ...it's teh craziest thing ever.

Jordans are still "in" when Tiberlands, Fubu, tommy, nautica, Karl Kany, phat farm , sean John etc have all been considered "dead".

i still dont think PG shoes will sell “more” because he’s in LA. no #’s or facts suggest that.
we can just end the conversation and agree that charisma trumps most, if not all factors, but it was never about location :lol

jordan is still “in” simply because they know how to revitalize his brand. it was getting stale to a point but recent collabs with Virgil abloh, kaws and drake’s OVO line connected them to the Z generation.

Killakobe81
06-26-2018, 10:29 AM
i still dont think PG shoes will sell “more” because he’s in LA. no #’s or facts suggest that.
we can just end the conversation and agree that charisma trumps most, if not all factors, but it was never about location :lol

jordan is still “in” simply because they know how to revitalize his brand. it was getting stale to a point but recent collabs with Virgil abloh, kaws and drake’s OVO line connected them to the Z generation.

Fair enough its not a point I cared THAT much about anyways ...I was just saying a larger pool of supporters/fans etc. helps. Not just about big/small market. Besides if you aint with Nike you already at a disadvantage they have hoops shoe sales on lock,

Clipper Nation
06-30-2018, 10:45 PM
He's also getting his own billboards:

:lol The Begging: Part 3

The Rejection: Part 3

djohn2oo8
06-30-2018, 10:52 PM
The Rejection: Part 3

Lol damn son. Gotta give him props. Now imagine Pop not trading Kawhi to the Lakers :lmao

spurraider21
06-30-2018, 10:55 PM
dam. i thought for sure he was LA bound. thats a shocker

good for westbrook tbh

Clipper Nation
06-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Lol damn son. Gotta give him props. Now imagine Pop not trading Kawhi to the Lakers :lmao

Gotta give Westbrook props too. He's clearly a great teammate who guys want to play with. A true, legit MVP. :toast

djohn2oo8
06-30-2018, 10:59 PM
Gotta give Westbrook props too. He's clearly a great teammate who guys want to play with. A true, legit MVP. :toast

That never got to the WCF without Durant Mmmm.

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2018, 10:59 PM
Wow, shocking..

Budkin
06-30-2018, 11:05 PM
There goes that Lakers superteam

Thebesteva
06-30-2018, 11:07 PM

Stfu faggot

Robz4000
06-30-2018, 11:08 PM
:lmao L:lmaokers

Clipper Nation
06-30-2018, 11:11 PM
Stfu faggot

:lol Magic got fined for tampering with him, Lakerfan put up billboards for him, and he still chose Alphabrook over the Lakers. Damn, that must sting.

Thebesteva
06-30-2018, 11:12 PM
:lol Magic got fined for tampering with him, Lakerfan put up billboards for him, and he still chose Alphabrook over the Lakers. Damn, that must sting.

You better pray son of tranny fucks this up the way I think he will or else lebron to lakers = Your suicide

lefty
06-30-2018, 11:14 PM

Clipper Nation
06-30-2018, 11:15 PM
You better pray son of tranny fucks this up the way I think he will or else lebron to lakers = Your suicide

Yeah, you're big mad.

RsxPiimp
06-30-2018, 11:22 PM
dang he didn’t even meet w/ magic thats coldAF :lmao

Chucho
06-30-2018, 11:24 PM
The Lakers didn't even get a chance on their best bet in FA.:lol

Now they're going to pray for King and/or ripping their future up for Kahwi and if they dont get King to go with Klaw, they'll still be a struggling cellar team.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2018, 11:24 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SlowThoughtfulGrosbeak-max-1mb.gif

LkrFan
06-30-2018, 11:27 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SlowThoughtfulGrosbeak-max-1mb.gif

:lmao

Killakobe81
06-30-2018, 11:31 PM
Like cully and someone else said I didn't want Playoff P... At max dollars. I think Ingram will be just as good in two years.

RsxPiimp
06-30-2018, 11:52 PM
Like cully and someone else said I didn't want Playoff P... At max dollars. I think Ingram will be just as good in two years.
don’t understand this move for PG at all, and i mean going all the way back to indy trade. he demanded a trade from rhe only team that could offer him $219 mil and settled for a $137 mil contract? and this aint about championship aspirations either because the thunder is capped out even with melo out of the picture.

does pg and russ have some sort of homo relationship or is this boy just a dumbass.

DMC
06-30-2018, 11:54 PM
137 million over 4 years. PG is banking.

HarlemHeat37
07-01-2018, 12:00 AM
I thought begging for Dwight Howard was rock bottom, but this is much worse..

- Billboards for a 3rd tier star
- Leaking some corny, gay ass script to pitch to him
- Didn't even get a meeting
- Signs in OKLAHOMA CITY instead

I hope the Lakers sign LeBron, the league is better when they're good..these last 5 years have been sad, can't believe they've been reduced to this, this is the franchise that had Magic, Kareem, Shaq and Kobe..

Thebesteva
07-01-2018, 12:11 AM

Yeah, you're big mad.

:depressedIt’s ok...we all have Lavar ball to look forward to

Raven
07-01-2018, 06:38 AM
This is shocking, they weren't even able to entice the only relevant player that truly always wanted to play for them. wow

ambchang
07-01-2018, 09:22 AM
don’t understand this move for PG at all, and i mean going all the way back to indy trade. he demanded a trade from rhe only team that could offer him $219 mil and settled for a $137 mil contract? and this aint about championship aspirations either because the thunder is capped out even with melo out of the picture.

does pg and russ have some sort of homo relationship or is this boy just a dumbass.

But you’d understand if he signed with the lakers for the exact same thing.

RsxPiimp
07-01-2018, 09:31 AM
But you’d understand if he signed with the lakers for the exact same thing.

no i wouldnt, learn how to read.

Clipper Nation
07-01-2018, 11:00 AM

:lmao This must be LkrFan's Twitter account. :cry "But, but, we didn't want PG anyway!" :cry

-21-
07-01-2018, 12:02 PM
If the Lakers don't get Kawhi or LeBron, watch Magic trade this core for DeRozan. :lol

LkrFan
07-01-2018, 12:21 PM

:lmao This must be LkrFan's Twitter account. :cry "But, but, we didn't want PG anyway!" :cry

N:lol

ambchang
07-01-2018, 02:41 PM
no i wouldnt, learn how to read.

And you only expressed this thought after playoff pee stain decided not to join the L:lolkers.

Killakobe81
07-01-2018, 02:50 PM
I thought begging for Dwight Howard was rock bottom, but this is much worse..

- Billboards for a 3rd tier star
- Leaking some corny, gay ass script to pitch to him
- Didn't even get a meeting
- Signs in OKLAHOMA CITY instead

I hope the Lakers sign LeBron, the league is better when they're good..these last 5 years have been sad, can't believe they've been reduced to this, this is the franchise that had Magic, Kareem, Shaq and Kobe..

1. Agree that PG is a third tier star. IF he is your #2 and you want to win a title Lerbon/KD or a pre-injury Kawahi better be your #1 Heck even with Russ drawing double and triple teams he had a good not great year ...
2. the billboards were by fans not the team ...still sad, but you can't judge a franchise by it's fanbase ... if so, the spurs would not be considered the classiest and most successful franchise of the past 20 years.

As for bron still want him (who wouldn't?) but if he leaves Cleveland out of the other teams Philly would be preferred if only to fuck Boston and ainge. And hopefully block KL from philly too no way Simmons and Lebron and KL will all work/fit.

RsxPiimp
07-01-2018, 03:21 PM
And you only expressed this thought after playoff pee stain decided not to join the L:lolkers.

nah, said that when he also demanded a trade tbh:lol

Clipper Nation
07-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Not surprising that Lakerfan is turning on "Maginka," tbh.

First of all, until he became their GM, Laker fans hated Magic because he criticized Kobe sometimes. All it took was some adversity for their real opinion of Magic to come back.

Second of all, he was literally only hired to attract star free agents. He's already screwed up what was supposed to be their one sure-bet signing this summer :lol

Killakobe81
07-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Not surprising that Lakerfan is turning on "Maginka," tbh.

First of all, until he became their GM, Laker fans hated Magic because he criticized Kobe sometimes. All it took was some adversity for their real opinion of Magic to come back.

Second of all, he was literally only hired to attract star free agents. He's already screwed up what was supposed to be their one sure-bet signing this summer :lol

SOMETIMES WHEN YOU LOSE.. You actually win.
PG is a good player, very good.
Not just worth max and even KL at 90% is more valuable..
I agree though after all the shit Magic been talking shit looks shaky FA wise...
Still like Maginka over Jimbo/Mitch

Killakobe81
07-01-2018, 03:54 PM
AND CN been shitting on Pee-Gee for weeks how is us not paying him 120 million not a good thing?

Clipper Nation
07-01-2018, 04:05 PM
AND CN been shitting on Pee-Gee for weeks how is us not paying him 120 million not a good thing?
I don't think Paul George is all that great of a player (I used to, but getting owned by Joe Ingles changed my mind once and for all), but it's still incompetence on Magic's part that he couldn't even get a meeting with the guy he was fined for tampering with :lol

SuperCam
07-01-2018, 04:10 PM

:lmao

Killakobe81
07-01-2018, 04:27 PM
I don't think Paul George is all that great of a player (I used to, but getting owned by Joe Ingles changed my mind once and for all), but it's still incompetence on Magic's part that he couldn't even get a meeting with the guy he was fined for tampering with :lol

if he legit tampered you could argue they already "met" :lol

LkrFan
07-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Okay, this was funny:

MultiTroll
07-01-2018, 05:19 PM
4 years 137 mil
OKC Retards. :lol
Todays NBA :lol

ambchang
07-01-2018, 09:18 PM
nah, said that when he also demanded a trade tbh:lol

You may have. But I am skeptical. Show a quote.