PDA

View Full Version : What LA has over SA..........

lebomb
06-26-2018, 11:55 AM
Not a dayum thing!!!!

LA = Rude ass people, gang violence, wild fires, earthquakes, cold ass pacific ocean water that all a nigga can do is look at :rolleyes, stuck up hoes, 35 million dollar houses that you can buy in SA for $750 thousand, and worst of all?!!
Lonzo Ball running point.

:claw

Really inst a hard choice Kawhi. LA sucks ass homie.

lebomb
06-26-2018, 11:57 AM
PS.............our hoes are real as well. Thicka with natural boobs. Not that fake ass barbie doll shit.

SPURt
06-26-2018, 12:01 PM
Troof balms

dabom
06-26-2018, 12:21 PM
Lebomb wit da guds. :lol

ducks
06-26-2018, 12:22 PM
they have liberal mouths that threaten to move and never move!

TheRemix
06-26-2018, 12:24 PM
LA doesnt have a riverwalk

Mugen
06-26-2018, 12:27 PM
I live in L.A., never been to SA.

If i was a rich athlete and with all other things relatively equal, yeah I'm living in LA no question :lol

vy65
06-26-2018, 12:41 PM
Apparently, SA also has bleach in its tap water too

Pavlov
06-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Apparently, SA also has bleach in its tap water toolol which water supply doesn't have chlorine?

phxspurfan
06-26-2018, 12:49 PM
lol which water supply doesn't have chlorine?

Somalia

Pavlov
06-26-2018, 12:52 PM
SomaliaThey don't even have water.

John B
06-26-2018, 01:07 PM
Thin women :lol

Spurs9
06-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Does LA have Taco Cabana?

cd98
06-26-2018, 03:09 PM
Earthquakes. And at some point, the west coast will be Arizona.

baseline bum
06-26-2018, 03:13 PM
OP is crazy, swimming in the Pacific is awesome. Who on a summer day is ever going to say ooh this water is too cold?

Pavlov
06-26-2018, 03:50 PM
Earthquakes. And at some point, the west coast will be Arizona.Then my land in Otisburg will skyrocket in value.

Arcadian
06-26-2018, 03:51 PM
Better nightlife

NameLess Scrub
06-26-2018, 04:14 PM
OP is crazy, swimming in the Pacific is awesome. Who on a summer day is ever going to say ooh this water is too cold?

I like warm water in the summer. It's the reason I like Clearwater in August.

DPG21920
06-26-2018, 04:18 PM
I always laughed at the lifestyle stuff. It’s incredibly important, but these dudes travel all damn year and are barely home during the season. It’s not like they get to take advantage all the time during the season. So in the off-season, you can live where you want which is what most of these dudes do anyways.

The only real advantage WAS endorsements but it’s already been proven that marketsize is not that much of a factor for that any longer.

daslicer
06-26-2018, 04:30 PM
I always laughed at the lifestyle stuff. It’s incredibly important, but these dudes travel all damn year and are barely home during the season. It’s not like they get to take advantage all the time during the season. So in the off-season, you can live where you want which is what most of these dudes do anyways.

The only real advantage WAS endorsements but it’s already been proven that marketsize is not that much of a factor for that any longer.

I heard an interview with Donovan Mitchell the other day in which he stated the thing he found annoying about LA is that he had people following him everywhere for blocks whereas in Utah people tend to leave him alone. So it goes to show you how these guys are now nationally recognizable even when they play in small markets.

r0drig0lac
06-26-2018, 04:32 PM
Better nightlife

/thread

gambit1990
06-26-2018, 04:32 PM
LA doesnt have a riverwalk
:lol

not sure if serious. if serious, the riverwalk fucking blows. yeah, kawhi would definitely miss not going there.

look_at_g_shred
06-26-2018, 04:35 PM
/thread
Because Kawhi is all about that.

LakerHater
06-26-2018, 04:38 PM
They hav Kawhi's family!!

/Thread

BackHome
06-26-2018, 04:43 PM
ANTIFA

rascal
06-26-2018, 05:00 PM

not sure if serious. if serious, the riverwalk fucking blows. yeah, kawhi would definitely miss not going there.

What river? I can toss a baseball underhand over it.

Maj_G
06-26-2018, 05:05 PM

If i was a rich athlete and with all other things relatively equal, yeah I'm living in LA no question :lol

This! I have also lived in LA, and even though I like where I am now more if I was a rich athlete, I would rather live in LA than SA.

SpurPadre
06-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Checklist for those in denial:

-No backwards hillbilly Trump supporters
-incest and in-breeding is illegal in L.A.
-California hates Trump
-There are actual things to do in L.A. for fun
-Better weather
-Better looking women
-less racism

Now I've only been to San Antonio three times just to see the Spurs play so I can barely be suitable for listing any advantage of it over L.A. but here's my attempt:

-cheaper cost of living
-classiest sports team in the world

That's all I've got.

Spurs9
06-26-2018, 05:21 PM

:cry

Chucho
06-26-2018, 05:21 PM

-California hates Trump
-Better weather
-Better looking women
-less racism

Now I've only been to San Antonio three times just to see the Spurs play so I can barely be suitable for listing any advantage of it over L.A. but here's my attempt:

-cheaper cost of living

That's all I've got.

The air quality in SA doesn't knock a few years off your life. SA doesn't have all the poor people LA has. Doesn't have all the rich people either and LA sure the fuck does have a huge contingency of Trump supporters and more racism than just about anywhere in the world.

The one thing SA has that LA doesn't have is...a fucking chance of relevancy. LA...LOL.

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2018, 06:43 PM
If you have money LA is the bomb. Better restaurants. Better nightlife, better weather, hotter women etc.etc.etc.

The only thing that sucks is traffic.

I was born and live in SA but LA really is better. Plus pot is legal.

DMC
06-26-2018, 06:43 PM
Does LA have Taco Cabana?

Bet you can't get a macho burrito on an Okie platter in LA.

DMC
06-26-2018, 06:44 PM

Really? What proved it, Kawhi's Jordan offer?

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2018, 06:45 PM
Bet you can't get a macho burrito on an Okie platter in LA.

True. LA is short on good texmex and queso.

BD24
06-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Not really a fan of LA tbh.

The people suck. Now San Diego on the other hand....if money wasn't an object, that's where I would be.

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2018, 07:03 PM
Not really a fan of LA tbh.

The people suck. Now San Diego on the other hand....if money wasn't an object, that's where I would be.

Ocean Beach is pretty fine.

Mugen
06-26-2018, 07:06 PM
The air quality in SA doesn't knock a few years off your life. SA doesn't have all the poor people LA has. Doesn't have all the rich people either and LA sure the fuck does have a huge contingency of Trump supporters and more racism than just about anywhere in the world.

The one thing SA has that LA doesn't have is...a fucking chance of relevancy. LA...LOL.

No but the chimichangas do :lol

BatManu20
06-26-2018, 07:29 PM

Grew up in SA but have lived in LA for 6 years now. I second this. It’d really not even close tbh.

BatManu20
06-26-2018, 07:31 PM
I will say a lot of the people in LA are trash (especially the radical left) and the traffic is egregious. Cost of living sucks too. But to a millionaire pro athlete, those are small prices to play to live in the entertainment Mecca of the world with great weather year around, attractive scenery, beautiful women and great nightlife, a shit ton to do, etc.

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2018, 07:35 PM
Maybe Kawhi can nail a Kardashian. They like basketball players.

TheDoctor
06-26-2018, 07:42 PM
Lebomb wit da avatar guds. :lol

I agree.

Trill Clinton
06-26-2018, 07:49 PM
Yes for a married man, SA is far better to raise a family than gay ass LA. Imagine being out with your family and everywhere you go you gotta run into a bunch of EJ Johnson'shttp://i64.tinypic.com/8x5wyu.jpg

Johnsyounger
06-26-2018, 08:00 PM
Moved out to LA in 02 from SA. Born and raised north side.
LA is way better. Costs too much, earthquakes and fire suck, traffic is god awful, no one can buy a house...but sill its so much better. Lived near the beach last 10 years, can make real money, more shit to do. The main reason tho is the pace. No one is SA is doing anything quick if at all. Everyone is eating tacos waiting for NIOSA. People do shit in LA. It moves. You can do whatever you want here. Tonight. Really only thing is miss is Tex mex and home spurs games.....

DPG21920
06-26-2018, 08:56 PM
Really? What proved it, Kawhi's Jordan offer?

Lillards offer. Brons offer. Russ offer. KD offer. I mean, plenty of examples of marketsize not being a big deal. Hell, even Lonzo is playing for his own broken down brand in LA :lol

HarlemHeat37
06-26-2018, 09:25 PM
Never really understood these threads..it's entirely subjective, everybody has different life preferences depending on personality and mentality..

I've lived in massive cities my entire life, I always said I could never imagine living in a low-key city, but I've warmed up to the idea as I've gotten older, for example..

Robz4000
06-26-2018, 09:29 PM

This, but I'd still rather live in SA tbh.

daslicer
06-26-2018, 09:38 PM
Never really understood these threads..it's entirely subjective, everybody has different life preferences depending on personality and mentality..

I've lived in massive cities my entire life, I always said I could never imagine living in a low-key city/town, but I've warmed up to the idea as I've gotten older, for example..

Agreed like you said it really depends on your personality and mentality. That's why I don't get why Kawhi personally would want to be in LA since he's super introverted guy that seems like a homebody. It's even more laughable when people bring up that he's originally from LA considering where he grew up Moreno Valley is an hour and a half outside of LA. I have been to Kawhi's hometown Moreno Valley due to having cousins that live there and it's a small boring ass town in which nothing happens. Anyways we all know Uncle Dennis is behind this scam and wants Kawhi out in LA for endorsements but I really don't believe LA fit's Kawhi's personality and lifestyle.

DMC
06-26-2018, 10:00 PM
Lillards offer. Brons offer. Russ offer. KD offer. I mean, plenty of examples of marketsize not being a big deal. Hell, even Lonzo is playing for his own broken down brand in LA :lol

You're talking about personalities. Kawhi isn't much of a personality. He'd need a large market to get big endorsement contracts.

DMC
06-26-2018, 10:02 PM
Maybe Kawhi can nail a Kardashian. They like basketball players.

Lamar came back from drug fuck death faster than Kawhi came back from mystery pain.

gambit1990
06-26-2018, 10:06 PM
No one is SA is doing anything quick if at all.
:tu

why austin is better too.

there really is nothing to do in sa. it's a top tourist destination but the alamo is DULL AF, colorado river + lake travis >>> riverwalk.

if you're raising a family/don't need options then okay, yeah, sa has a low cost of living. and if you love bud light then you're in the right place.

DPG21920
06-26-2018, 10:06 PM
You're talking about personalities. Kawhi isn't much of a personality. He'd need a large market to get big endorsement contracts.

Nah - it’s not the market size dude. He may get some more but it’s not like Jordan is going to say “here’s 20M if you are in SA but 100M!! If you are in LA”

Also, if by personality you mean “talks” then ok :lol KD has an awful personality. He’s super sensitive, gets mad at everything, has no sense of humor and is dull as hell tbh

DPG21920
06-26-2018, 10:09 PM
:tu

why austin is better too.

there really is nothing to do in sa. it's a top tourist destination but the alamo is DULL AF, colorado river + lake travis >>> riverwalk.

if you're raising a family/don't need options then okay, yeah, sa has a low cost of living. and if you love bud light then you're in the right place.

Dude you must not do ish in SA. SA is wayyyy more than the Riverwalk. It’s not austin or la, but there are a lot of dope spots now. It’s getting rated really high nationally for restaurants too.

daslicer
06-26-2018, 10:23 PM
Lamar came back from drug fuck death faster than Kawhi came back from mystery pain.

DMC
06-26-2018, 10:43 PM
Nah - it’s not the market size dude. He may get some more but it’s not like Jordan is going to say “here’s 20M if you are in SA but 100M!! If you are in LA”

Also, if by personality you mean “talks” then ok :lol KD has an awful personality. He’s super sensitive, gets mad at everything, has no sense of humor and is dull as hell tbh

No, but many other retailers will approach him, ones not named HEB.

DMC
06-26-2018, 10:43 PM
Dude you must not do ish in SA. SA is wayyyy more than the Riverwalk. It’s not austin or la, but there are a lot of dope spots now. It’s getting rated really high nationally for restaurants too.

Zarzamora and SW Military Dr are two dope spots I seem to recall.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-26-2018, 11:03 PM
man the homerism is fatal

LA is a world class metropolis. San Antonio is a very nice city.

the only thing SA has going for it is TexMex is the ultimate cuisine but if youre not from here then your taste buds may be skewed and you wont know enough to miss it anyway

oh and of course fuck the lakers

AFBlue
06-27-2018, 07:03 AM
One word: Weather

Lived in South Bay (Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan Beach) for two years and never needed AC. Was almost always 72 degrees and sunny with a nice cool ocean breeze.

SA ain't got that.

PublicOption
06-27-2018, 07:12 AM
More taxes, better smog, better forest fires, better landslides.

Killakobe81
06-27-2018, 07:28 AM
You niccas are funny.
I lived in both.
And I live in DFW now.
I have lived in 5 cities: LA(suburbs) SA (burbs) Rochester (burbs) Brooklyn and Dallas (frisco)
SA is probably over the New york cities (except in nightlife and culture) but far behind LA and Dallas.
It had the best cost of living outside of Rochester but stop it.
Just stop ...

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-27-2018, 07:48 AM
dallas is a steaming pile of crap though

offset formation
06-27-2018, 08:17 AM
You niccas are funny.
I lived in both.
And I live in DFW now.
I have lived in 5 cities: LA(suburbs) SA (burbs) Rochester (burbs) Brooklyn and Dallas (frisco)
SA is probably over the New york cities (except in nightlife and culture) but far behind LA and Dallas.
Just stop ...

LA is clearly the better choice for two reasons: topography and options. 13M people in the greater LA area means more things to do and the LA Basin is beautiful. But the overcrowding detracts from the quality of life.

That said, SA is a really nice place, and outside of summertime, South Texas weather is a positive to most people, which is why It's growing fast from net migration from other parts of the country.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-27-2018, 09:01 AM
If you have money LA is the bomb. Better restaurants. Better nightlife, better weather, hotter women etc.etc.etc.

SF and especially SEA have way better women than LA.

LA is mostly either overweight Hispanics or rich white chicks who are WAY too sunburnt/overtanned and look 15 years older than they actually are.

lebomb
06-27-2018, 09:06 AM
Ive been to LA numerous times and this is how it goes...........

SA casually walking thru the mall speaking to someone

Me: How's it going?
Other Person: Great, how are you today?

LA casually walking thru the mall speaking to someone

Other Person: (Blank stare, then looks me up and down) Never says a word and keeps walking

Killakobe81
06-27-2018, 10:08 AM
SF and especially SEA have way better women than LA.

LA is mostly either overweight Hispanics or rich white chicks who are WAY too sunburnt/overtanned and look 15 years older than they actually are.

Nicca/Wicca u are crazy.
SA doesn't even have as many pretty women as NYC gtfoh... Seattle has a beautiful downtown best of any major city including San Fran.
However though there are some pretty white girls and some Japanese ones too Seattle lacks pretty Latinas, Blacks, Filipinas, European chicks that LA has... I would put the coeds of UCLA, Pepperdine, USC even mediocre CSUN over any school in Seattle or San Antonio or even Dallas... The only places with comparable or better "talent" are in Florida and maybe Austin and Baton Rouge... Heck even the Arizona white women easily surpass Seattle.

Killakobe81
06-27-2018, 10:18 AM

Other Person: (Blank stare, then looks me up and down) Never says a word and keeps walking

Agree Texas people are friendlier but if you think LA folks are rude or snobby try NYC.. Not so much snobby more ego but rude and disrespectful

Mugen
06-27-2018, 10:21 AM
NorCal girls are gross AF compared to SoCal tbh.

Also, I don't really go to malls anymore, but why the fuck would you say hi to me if i don't know you? :lol

BD24
06-27-2018, 10:27 AM
You niccas are funny.
I lived in both.
And I live in DFW now.
Just stop ...
Like Harlem said though. A lot of it comes down to preference. I personally do not like LA because the people suck.

As as mentioned above though, if money wasn’t an object I would live in San Diego, great weather, nice people, the beach right there, what’s not to love.

DFW is cool, but I wouldn’t say it’s leaps and bounds above SA

baseline bum
06-27-2018, 10:31 AM

Nice thing is you're going inbound to catch the games, so all the traffic is going the other way at rush hour. When I lived on the westside I never thought it was bad going I-10 to downtown to catch a Lakers/Clippers game. But god if I'd try to catch an Angels game and I'm going outbound with all the commuters from LA to OC it was a nightmare. Speaking of that it always makes me laugh when I hear people who have never lived in LA say the Clippers should move to Anaheim as if they'd ever draw any from LA there if they did. Yeah people from LA are going to sit in traffic for two hours to go watch an Anaheim team.

baseline bum
06-27-2018, 10:37 AM
True. LA is short on good texmex and queso.

I don't understand how they don't have breakfast tacos there. You bring them up to someone in LA and they look at you like a retard, like why would anyone eat a taco for breakfast? It's like I was suggesting a 40 for breakfast or something. :lol

baseline bum
06-27-2018, 10:38 AM

Who goes to the mall in 2018? :lol

james evans
06-27-2018, 11:16 AM

-California hates Trump
-Better weather
-Better looking women
-less racism

-cheaper cost of living

That's all I've got.
I agree

lebomb
06-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Who goes to the mall in 2018? :lol

Never did I say WHEN I went. I was just pointing out the difference in nice SA folk compared to dick butter folk in LA. Fake as all hell, unless your a gangstuh.

spurraider21
06-27-2018, 01:18 PM

Grew up in SA but have lived in LA for 6 years now. I second this. It’d really not even close tbh.
:cry but the state taxe rate! why wouldnt superstars want to move to SA? :cry

Killakobe81
06-27-2018, 03:18 PM
Like Harlem said though. A lot of it comes down to preference. I personally do not like LA because the people suck.

As as mentioned above though, if money wasn’t an object I would live in San Diego, great weather, nice people, the beach right there, what’s not to love.

DFW is cool, but I wouldn’t say it’s leaps and bounds above SA
San Diego is only great in the suburbs and on beach front property the rest is as shitty as LA plus the Latino population is more gangster than even the LA Barrios... The drug game because of proximity to the border can be even more fierce than LA but agree SD and Santa Barbara are prettier cities than L. A.

r0drig0lac
06-27-2018, 03:26 PM
NorCal girls are gross AF compared to SoCal tbh.

Also, I don't really go to malls anymore, but why the fuck would you say hi to me if i don't know you? :lol

shaq_h8ter
06-27-2018, 05:31 PM
Then my land in Otisburg will skyrocket in value.

LOL!:rollin

rastaspur
06-27-2018, 09:06 PM
they have liberal mouths that threaten to move and never move!

I was liberal with ur moms mouth. Take politics elsewhere.

TekXX
06-27-2018, 09:11 PM
In defense of SA, we also hate Trump

Lakers999
06-28-2018, 07:08 AM
I am born and raised in Los Angeles and I had the benefit of living parts of my life in Austin/San Antonio Texas from 2006-2011. I can honestly say that both LA and SA/Austin cities are great. There is nothing wrong with San Antonio. Sure. Both cities has its fair share of ignorant stupid people as we can see on this thread but aside from that San Antonio has great restaurants, nightlife, wine bars, music golf courses, car culture, bike culture, coffee shops, tech stores, shopping, lots of educated college people, women, hills, lakes and huge fan bases in college and pro football, and obviously there very own spurs. One thing that really separates Los Angeles from San Antonio (beside its population and the Pacific Ocean) is the bbq. The variety and quality of Texas bbq far surpasses Los Angeles on every scale. Bbq in Texas is like Mexican food in LA there is restarurant on every corner and almost everyone one of them is good. The driving around Texas is something you need to get use to as in Los Angeles we don’t have feeder roads or loop arounds but that is minor compared to gridlock traffic we have here in Los Angeles.

The only reason why I moved back home to Los Angeles. Is so I can be close to my family. That’s it! There was nothing wrong with Texas I had an amazing time when I was there. I made some friends and it will always be a part of my life. If I ever move out of California again it will always be Texas. I consider Texas as my second home.

lebomb
06-28-2018, 07:26 AM
I am born and raised in Los Angeles and I had the benefit of living parts of my life in Austin/San Antonio Texas from 2006-2011. I can honestly say that both LA and SA/Austin cities are great. There is nothing wrong with San Antonio. Sure. Both cities has its fair share of ignorant stupid people as we can see on this thread but aside from that San Antonio has great restaurants, nightlife, wine bars, music golf courses, car culture, bike culture, coffee shops, tech stores, shopping, lots of educated college people, women, hills, lakes and huge fan bases in college and pro football, and obviously there very own spurs. One thing that really separates Los Angeles from San Antonio (beside its population and the Pacific Ocean) is the bbq. The variety and quality of Texas bbq far surpasses Los Angeles on every scale. Bbq in Texas is like Mexican food in LA there is restarurant on every corner and almost everyone one of them is good. The driving around Texas is something you need to get use to as in Los Angeles we don’t have feeder roads or loop arounds but that is minor compared to gridlock traffic we have here in Los Angeles.

The only reason why I moved back home to Los Angeles. Is so I can be close to my family. That’s it! There was nothing wrong with Texas I had an amazing time when I was there. I made some friends and it will always be a part of my life. If I ever move out of California again it will always be Texas. I consider Texas as my second home.

Dang man.......... made a brutha shed a tear or two. Texas loves ya back :cry

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-28-2018, 07:55 AM

:cry

(also fuck the lakers tbh)

BD24
06-28-2018, 08:48 AM
San Diego is only great in the suburbs and on beach front property the rest is as shitty as LA plus the Latino population is more gangster than even the LA Barrios... The drug game because of proximity to the border can be even more fierce than LA but agree SD and Santa Barbara are prettier cities than L. A.
hmm interesting. Every time I go to San Diego it seems like the people are extremely nice. Which is a far cry from the shit heads in LA.

San Diego being right by the border is kind of a knock on it though for sure.

Killakobe81
06-28-2018, 09:52 AM

I also enjoyed San antonio loved it there. bought my first home in San antonio just north of stone Oak.
Agree on the BBQ but Tex-mex is not as good as the cali Mexico food imho.
However as i stated earlier on the women is not even close.
Its not as bad as charles barkley says ...but come on, man.
If you lived in both places you cant honestly say its remotely close. (Austin is a diffrent story but still not Cali)

That being said, I'm married and for me that doesnt matter at all.
Neither does night life i only go out on special occasions but SA's to me is lacking (DFW to a lessor degree too). Some cool clubs,lounges, cigar bars etc .
But overall if you are not Latino I think night life is mediocre especially commpared to L.A., NYC, SF or Vegas.
Doesn't mean its a bad city though.

And now that I am a a parent the school system (at least in Comal) I was just outside the BExar county school system was much better than LAUSD.
But if you talking NBa players their kids arent going to teh crap LAUSD schools anyways.
Housing in texas is way better and if you pick teh right neigborhoods schools are way better.

Lifestyle overall though Cali beats texas.
But for my needs Housing/schools/jobs DFW is superior to L.A for ME right now.
IF money was no object I woudl move back to cali though

dbestpro
06-28-2018, 10:05 AM
Newsflash. When you make 20-30m a year it does not matter if the girls in the city where you work are pretty or not. You can bring your own harem with you.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-28-2018, 10:08 AM
Agree on the BBQ but Tex-mex is not as good as the cali Mexico food imho.

bold take on an SA messageboard (but wrong imho)

here's a fat person forum thread on CA Mex vs Tex-Mex:

https://www.chowhound.com/post/california-mexican-tex-mex-505569

:hungry:

Killakobe81
06-28-2018, 10:19 AM
bold take on an SA messageboard (but wrong imho)

here's a fat person forum thread on CA Mex vs Tex-Mex:

https://www.chowhound.com/post/california-mexican-tex-mex-505569

:hungry:

Could be bias on both sides.
You guys grew up on Tex-Mex
I grew up on real mexican food not only from socal but their food is part of Belizean culture since Berlize borders Mexico/Guatemala and mymom cooks Mexican food too.
No way to say definitively but Im gonna always choose Mexican-Mexican over Cali-Mex or TEx-Mex food over a hybrid, fusion etc.
But To ME it seems cali is closer to Mex-/Mex for lack of a better term than tex-Mex but maybe i just did not go to the right plces in SA ...I admit that is possible.
Remember I lived nort of 1604 and north of stoneoak I am sure i missed some of the better places in Sa for tex-mex but I tried the ones they send tourists to and itw as good but not better than Cali mexican food. My neighbors were mostly white but I sused to go downtown for mexican food ...

Extra Stout
06-28-2018, 10:20 AM
I don’t get the SA inferiority complex. It isn’t 1998 anymore. Compared to other cities of comparable size SA compares pretty favorably. But I understand how young black athletes would be bored, because SA is only 3% black or so, and there’s not much in the way of things that black people like.

But L.A. is a global alpha city that has everything, including perfect weather. If I had tens of millions of dollars, I’d pick Southern California over Texas too. If you’re not super-rich, then the calculus is different.

White people who crap on SA but adore Austin mostly just don’t like Chicanos or their culture.

RD2191
06-28-2018, 10:20 AM
Mexican food is trash. Tex-Mex or bust :lol

Killakobe81
06-28-2018, 10:22 AM
I don’t get the SA inferiority complex. It isn’t 1998 anymore. Compared to other cities of comparable size SA compares pretty favorably. But I understand how young black athletes would be bored, because SA is only 3% black or so, and there’s not much in the way of things that black people like.

But L.A. is a global alpha city that has everything, including perfect weather. If I had tens of millions of dollars, I’d pick Southern California over Texas too. If you’re not super-rich, then the calculus is different.

White people who crap on SA but adore Austin mostly just don’t like Chicanos or their culture.

Fair points all around.
But their are plenty of mostly white neighborhoods and things for rich whites to do in SA the La cantera area with the nice hotels and the golf course country club scene caters to those folks.
Not like they gonna club downtown ...

lebomb
06-29-2018, 06:38 AM
Personally I think there is something for everyone to do in SA. Like a previous poster said this aint 1987. My family, friends and guests always find a shit load to do, whether it is drinkin, clubin, dancin, shoppin, amusement parks, concerts, museums, downtown nightlife, restaurants, parks and trails, athletic events............hell, you name it. We pretty much have it all now.

Welcome to 2018 mufawkus. :claw

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2018, 06:54 PM
:cry but the state taxe rate! why wouldnt superstars want to move to SA? :cry
I agree BUT seeing that paystub with the "CA State Income Tax" figure being almost twice as much as the federal (in a lot of cases, and not counting SS or Medicare tax which is separate) is a lot to digest and think about.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2018, 07:07 PM
Nicca/Wicca u are crazy.
SA doesn't even have as many pretty women as NYC gtfoh... Seattle has a beautiful downtown best of any major city including San Fran.
However though there are some pretty white girls and some Japanese ones too Seattle lacks pretty Latinas, Blacks, Filipinas, European chicks that LA has... I would put the coeds of UCLA, Pepperdine, USC even mediocre CSUN over any school in Seattle or San Antonio or even Dallas... The only places with comparable or better "talent" are in Florida and maybe Austin and Baton Rouge... Heck even the Arizona white women easily surpass Seattle.

I never said anything positive about SA. SA women are generally fatter and less attractive except for a few occasional attractive non-Mexicans on the north side.

If you like black women, I'd say Dallas has the most attractive black women in the world on average... but the white girls in DFW are mostly plain, over-tatted and not much to write home about though.

I will say, having lived in Manhattan NYC for about a month this year, the women there are some of the hottest and fittest I've ever seen. The dark haired, presumably Italian or part Italian chicks in NYC are to die for. I found the people, especially the females in NYC to be very friendly as well compared to other places. They're less likely to take their clothes off though. It's an old school culture up there and if you want to get inside her, you've got to wine and dine and treat her right for a few months first.

Seattle has a lot of hot white girls of all European national ethnicities, no doubt, some of the hottest in the USA... and they're not afraid to take their clothes off, either... but if you're not at least cool with the hippie culture then you'll probably turn them off.

The further from major water bodies (Great Lakes included! Michigan and some Ohio girls can be attractive) you get though, the uglier the women get. Women from places like Iowa and Nebraska tend to be especially fugly. Then you've got the deep South... yuck... half of them have a child before 18... don't even get me started.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2018, 07:08 PM
I've been to LA for a couple of conferences in the past 3 years and I fucking love it, TBH. I'd move there in a heartbeat.

spurraider21
06-29-2018, 07:08 PM
I agree BUT seeing that paystub with the "CA State Income Tax" figure being almost twice as much as the federal (in a lot of cases, and not counting SS or Medicare tax which is separate) is a lot to digest and think about.
in what universe would CA income tax be double of your Fed income tax?

MannyIsGod
06-29-2018, 07:12 PM

I'd rather live in San Antonio or Houston before Austin. There's a lot of cool things in Austin, but frankly I find the people to be pretty insufferable at times. San Antonio is missing some things, but Houston kills both in the things I like except live music.

Of course I'm tired of Texas weather so I'm trying to get back to the mountains out west.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2018, 07:13 PM
in what universe would CA income tax be double of your Fed income tax?

I'm currently living and working in Texas as a contractor for a third-party outsourcing IT company that works on IT analyst-related projects for major fortune 500 companies across the US. But since the mother company is based in North Carolina, I pay NC state income taxes because us contractors are considered mobile associates. My NC state income tax every paycheck is quite a bit higher than my Federal income tax. I make a decent amount of money.

But NC state income taxes are in the 4-5% range every year and flat taxed. They are considered benevolent compared to some states like NY, NJ or CA. I'm extrapolating that it would be about twice as much if it were, say, CA instead of NC state income taxes I had to pay.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2018, 07:16 PM
I'd rather live in San Antonio or Houston before Austin. There's a lot of cool things in Austin, but frankly I find the people to be pretty insufferable at times. San Antonio is missing some things, but Houston kills both in the things I like except live music.

Of course I'm tired of Texas weather so I'm trying to get back to the mountains out west.
Houston is considered by a lot of meteorologists to have the single worst weather out of any major city in the world. Not just the USA, but the world. Just about every form of natural disaster you could think of, short of maybe a major earthquake or volcano, can happen in Houston, and otherwise it's 95 with a suffocating heat index practically all year long.

clambake
06-29-2018, 07:20 PM
this whole thread is silly.

if you got that kinda coin and that kinda life.......why wouldn't you want to come home?

spurraider21
06-29-2018, 07:21 PM
I'm currently living and working in Texas as a contractor for a third-party outsourcing IT company that works on IT analyst-related projects for major fortune 500 companies across the US. But since the mother company is based in North Carolina, I pay NC state income taxes because us contractors are considered mobile associates. My NC state income tax every paycheck is quite a bit higher than my Federal income tax. I make a decent amount of money.

But NC state income taxes are in the 4-5% range every year and flat taxed. They are considered benevolent compared to some states like NY, NJ or CA. I'm extrapolating that it would be about twice as much if it were, say, CA instead of NC state income taxes I had to pay.
either you're going to owe a shitload of fed income tax or you're going to get a fat refund from NC

those numbers dont make sense

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2018, 07:38 PM
either you're going to owe a shitload of fed income tax or you're going to get a fat refund from NC

those numbers dont make sense
Probably the latter, but when you consider that a lot of states may have a flat tax instead of a progressive one, and a standard deduction on a "take it or leave it" system... meaning hardly any itemizations allowed... that could make the numbers odd.

Another thing is that NC doesn't have a tax distinction between single and married (I don't know if CA does?), and my federal tax status is married filing jointly.

spurraider21
06-29-2018, 07:39 PM
Probably the latter, but when you consider that a lot of states may have a flat tax instead of a progressive one, and a standard deduction on a "take it or leave it" system... meaning hardly any itemizations allowed... that could make the numbers odd.

Another thing is that NC doesn't have a tax distinction between single and married (I don't know if CA does?), and my federal tax status is married filing jointly.
even after the divorce?

offset formation
06-29-2018, 07:44 PM
Houston is considered by a lot of meteorologists to have the single worst weather out of any major city in the world. Not just the USA, but the world. Just about every form of natural disaster you could think of, short of maybe a major earthquake or volcano, can happen in Houston, and otherwise it's 95 with a suffocating heat index practically all year long.

Lol. South Florida is every bit as nasty, with even worse humidity. Ever played baseball outdoor in Florida?

Extra Stout
06-29-2018, 08:06 PM
Houston is considered by a lot of meteorologists to have the single worst weather out of any major city in the world. Not just the USA, but the world. Just about every form of natural disaster you could think of, short of maybe a major earthquake or volcano, can happen in Houston, and otherwise it's 95 with a suffocating heat index practically all year long.South/Southwest Asia says hi.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2018, 08:14 PM
even after the divorce?

Eh the divorce is actually on hiatus and it's not looking like it's going to happen anytime soon after all. She keeps doing things for me that make me want to stay with her I guess

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2018, 08:15 PM
Lol. South Florida is every bit as nasty, with even worse humidity. Ever played baseball outdoor in Florida?
Less flooding risk in the big cities & greatly reduced tornado risk. Though a somewhat higher chance of hurricanes.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2018, 08:18 PM
South/Southwest Asia says hi.

They don't get tornadoes, much severe weather, and major hurricane/typhoon landfalls in that vicinity are rare (much more common in China and the Philippines). Though yeah, India would be a shitty place to live for many reasons. The people stink... lol. The offices I work in reek of them.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2018, 09:16 PM

Basically the only natural disasters that are really an issue in Houston are Hurricanes and floods. That 95% of meteorologists thing is BS. Worst is extremely subjective. Weird post.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2018, 09:19 PM
Less flooding risk in the big cities & greatly reduced tornado risk. Though a somewhat higher chance of hurricanes.

Florida has just as many flooding issues if not more! They have the same tornado risk too. i'm not sure what your industry is, but this is mine and you're wrong.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2018, 09:22 PM
They don't get tornadoes, much severe weather, and major hurricane/typhoon landfalls in that vicinity are rare (much more common in China and the Philippines). Though yeah, India would be a shitty place to live for many reasons. The people stink... lol. The offices I work in reek of them.

There's plenty of tropical cyclone risk spread through out SE Asia. You're right that they generally don't get many tornados but thats about the only thing in this conversation you've gotten right lol.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-01-2018, 07:52 AM
There's plenty of tropical cyclone risk spread through out SE Asia. You're right that they generally don't get many tornados but thats about the only thing in this conversation you've gotten right lol.

TCs don't really develop close to the equator because the Coriolis effect is lackluster between 10 degrees latitude on either side of the equator.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-01-2018, 07:56 AM
Florida has just as many flooding issues if not more! They have the same tornado risk too. i'm not sure what your industry is, but this is mine and you're wrong.

But in Florida, it's upper 80s with a lot of rain all year round and you have the larger ocean which keeps the temps from getting way too high. In Houston it's always in the mid to upper 90s with oppressive humidity on top because it is surrounded by hot ass Texas on all sides but one which is the northwest Caribbean (GOM) which is deep bathwater the majority of the year.

lebomb
07-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Yes SA is hot. The winter is great. But, a natural disaster here is losing a top 5 NBA Star. Other than an occasional severe thunderstorm and a 25 yr flood it’s awesome here.

Spurtacular
07-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Not a dayum thing!!!!

LA = Rude ass people, gang violence, wild fires, earthquakes, cold ass pacific ocean water that all a nigga can do is look at :rolleyes, stuck up hoes, 35 million dollar houses that you can buy in SA for $750 thousand, and worst of all?!!
Lonzo Ball running point.

:claw

Really inst a hard choice Kawhi. LA sucks ass homie.

The high end hoes are a lot better. That's important when getting pussy is like your #1 past time, tbh.

MannyIsGod
07-01-2018, 12:40 PM
TCs don't really develop close to the equator because the Coriolis effect is lackluster between 10 degrees latitude on either side of the equator.

I don't want to be an asshole, but just stop.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=7079

This is my field.

MannyIsGod
07-01-2018, 12:46 PM
But in Florida, it's upper 80s with a lot of rain all year round and you have the larger ocean which keeps the temps from getting way too high. In Houston it's always in the mid to upper 90s with oppressive humidity on top because it is surrounded by hot ass Texas on all sides but one which is the northwest Caribbean (GOM) which is deep bathwater the majority of the year.

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/houston/texas/united-states/ustx0617

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/florida/united-states/3179
https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/miami/florida/united-states/usfl0316
https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/orlando/florida/united-states/usfl1021

They are virtually identical in the summer and in the winter Florida cities are substantially warmer.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-01-2018, 07:42 PM
LA has LeBron and SA doesn't.