PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Would you say Kareem was better than Jordan?

lefty
06-27-2018, 07:30 AM
Just curious tbh

ambchang
06-27-2018, 11:27 AM
Arguable. One played against coke heads the other got ref protected.

One had longevity although the current crop of PED infused athletes made it a norm nowadays it’s phenomenal back in the 70s.

One had aba water down the league, the other had expansion water down the league.

One missed two playoffs in his prime and the other way played for Washington.

One was an outspoken person of his faith and race. The other one is an outspoken person of capitalism.

Tough choice.

06-27-2018, 11:39 AM
No tbh

Chucho
06-27-2018, 11:42 AM
No. But both are unlikable douchebags.

Mitch
06-27-2018, 12:21 PM
Kareem was better than wilt, only one retard here would argue otherwise

Clipper Nation
06-27-2018, 01:19 PM
Easily. The only advantage DK has over Kareem is marketing.

Stabula
06-27-2018, 04:02 PM
LeBron better than them all

DMC
06-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Kobe is right up there

lefty
06-28-2018, 07:41 AM
It's settled then

Bird is better than both of them

CitizenDwayne
06-28-2018, 09:46 AM

Agreed. This universal notion that Jordan is the GOAT is pretty insulting to Kareem tbh

But I guess Kareem sealed his own fate with refusing interviews, refusing to sign autographs, etc. Not exactly a great face for the league

Fabbs
06-28-2018, 09:55 AM
Did Kream take a lot of heat for refusing military?

In retrospect he was absolutely right. Vietnam war as rigged as Iraq.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-28-2018, 09:57 AM
Jordan is GOAT but Kareem is in the highest elite echelon no question

Clipper Nation
06-28-2018, 10:49 AM
Agreed. This universal notion that Jordan is the GOAT is pretty insulting to Kareem tbh

But I guess Kareem sealed his own fate with refusing interviews, refusing to sign autographs, etc. Not exactly a great face for the league

Even if Kareem was more personable, he still wouldn't have had DK's marketing machine. His Adidas line was actually relatively successful, but it still pales in comparison to Jordan Brand. Perimeter players have always had a much easier time selling sneakers.

LkrFan
06-28-2018, 11:42 AM
Hell yeah. Cap won at EVERY level at least once. They changed rules (including outlawing dunking at one point - that's how the skyhook was born :lol) to slow down his dominance. He can play in any era too.

The only reason why he's not in consideration is he used to go off on rne white media back in the day. Many to this day hate him - but they love MJ.

06-28-2018, 03:56 PM
It's settled then

Bird is better than both of them

I can live with that tbh

JoeTait75
06-28-2018, 09:38 PM
Kareem had one of the longest primes of any NBA great, was the best player in the game for a good decade, won titles with multiple teams (including a third-year expansion team), won six MVP awards, was the greatest big man in a big man's game... yeah, he should definitely be in the conversation with MJ. He probably would be if he hadn't been so abrasive with the media and fans.

For me it's three GOATS. MJ is the greatest guard, LeBron is the greatest forward, Kareem is the greatest center, IMO.

lefty
06-28-2018, 09:39 PM
:lol holy shit in 1998 Jordan took more shots than Antoine Walker and Finley

Wtf : lmao

Caltex2
06-28-2018, 10:16 PM

Marketing enhances Jordan's legend but he was pretty unstoppable and clutch in his prime. I never saw Lew/Kareem except in his very twilight but he was dominant in a very weak era. Even during the 80's, the West was mostly trash, including the Rockets teams they lost to (okay, the '86 team was solid but still should have been beaten).

But as I said, I never saw him, his numbers do speak for themselves.

HarlemHeat37
06-28-2018, 11:03 PM
I don't know, but I know Messi is definitely the GOAT in his sport..

LkrFan
06-29-2018, 05:49 AM
Kareem had one of the longest primes of any NBA great, was the best player in the game for a good decade, won titles with multiple teams (including a third-year expansion team), won six MVP awards, was the greatest big man in a big man's game... yeah, he should definitely be in the conversation with MJ. He probably would be if he hadn't been so abrasive with the media and fans.

For me it's three GOATS. MJ is the greatest guard, LeBron is the greatest forward, Kareem is the greatest center, IMO.

Great post son :tu

Spurtacular
06-29-2018, 08:01 AM
Marketing enhances Jordan's legend but he was pretty unstoppable and clutch in his prime. I never saw Lew/Kareem except in his very twilight but he was dominant in a very weak era. Even during the 80's, the West was mostly trash, including the Rockets teams they lost to (okay, the '86 team was solid but still should have been beaten).

But as I said, I never saw him, his numbers do speak for themselves.

Bro, that 86 Rockets team would've won a lot of years. The fact that they took the greatest team in NBA history to six games speaks to that. And I used to figure it was fluky that they beat the Lakers in five until I went back and watched the games. They were better and basically the only good west team the Lakers played between 80-86, which has to be the weakest time ever for any conference. That's why I was :lol'ing when reading an article today about Magic bragging about feeling no pressure cos he went to nine finals. It was a half truth. He felt no pressure cos there was no pressure just about. :lol

lefty
06-29-2018, 10:00 AM
Bro, that 86 Rockets team would've won a lot of years. The fact that they took the greatest team in NBA history to six games speaks to that. And I used to figure it was fluky that they beat the Lakers in five until I went back and watched the games. They were better and basically the only good west team the Lakers played between 80-86, which has to be the weakest time ever for any conference. That's why I was :lol'ing when reading an article today about Magic bragging about feeling no pressure cos he went to nine finals. It was a half truth. He felt no pressure cos there was no pressure just about. :lol
TRUTH NUKES

06-29-2018, 10:08 AM
I don't know, but I know Messi is definitely the GOAT in his sport..

Casuals :lol

tlongII
06-29-2018, 10:18 AM
Not even close.

Spurtacular
06-29-2018, 10:31 AM
Prime Kareem vs prime Jordan? I don't think people realize how automatic Kareem was with that sky hook. Defender had to bump him off his spots and disrupt his rhythm. There was a certain point that you knew it was in before the ball even left his hand. The fact that he was the Lakers main weapon in his mid and late thirties when you had Magic and Worthy in their mid twenties tells you what you need to know. Kareem could drag scrubs to conference finals or finals. Jordan could barely get a playoff win before Pippen and co.

It's a hard sell to the casual butthole because Kareem looked stiff and not all that athletic while Michael was filling one highlight reel after another; but I don't think it's probably even that close, tbh.

lefty
06-29-2018, 09:21 PM
Prime Kareem vs prime Jordan? I don't think people realize how automatic Kareem was with that sky hook. Defender had to bump him off his spots and disrupt his rhythm. There was a certain point that you knew it was in before the ball even left his hand. The fact that he was the Lakers main weapon in his mid and late thirties when you had Magic and Worthy in their mid twenties tells you what you need to know. Kareem could drag scrubs to conference finals or finals. Jordan could barely get a playoff win before Pippen and co.

It's a hard sell to the casual butthole because Kareem looked stiff and not all that athletic while Michael was filling one highlight reel after another; but I don't think it's probably even that close, tbh.
Yup

Arcadian
06-30-2018, 09:27 PM
Yes, I got Kareem #1

dbestpro
06-30-2018, 11:03 PM
No, but Chamberlain was.

07-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Kareem was right there until he lost the ability to grab rebounds late in his career.

DMC
07-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Kareem was trained by Jun Fan himself. One of a few folks to hold that certificate. That puts him above Mike.

lefty
07-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Kareem was right there until he lost the ability to grab rebounds late in his career.

That's because he didn't have to.