PDA

View Full Version : Supposedly Lakers want Dejounte included in a Kawhi deal

Cklbmk
06-28-2018, 12:53 PM
Actually have a legit source for this...

My understanding is the framework was Ball for Dejounte but Spurs dont want Ball so Lakers are trying to find a 3rd team to give value so that they can get both Kawhi and Dejounte..

I really don't want to be completely heartbroken :(

cd98
06-28-2018, 12:53 PM
Not true.

Mr. Body
06-28-2018, 12:54 PM
Um, no. I'm not a fan of Murray's. He's okay. But the Lakers are getting greedy

BatManu20
06-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Lol tell Magic to eat a dick. Hold onto Kawhi or trade him to the East and be done with it.

DAF86
Ball for Murray would be a decent move if not for all the extra baggage.

You would practially be trading a 29th pick for a 2nd pick.

Cklbmk
Not true.

I can 100% guarantee the conversation happened. I can't be sure how serious either side is/was

Spurs9
:lmao

cd98
06-28-2018, 12:57 PM
I can 100% guarantee the conversation happened. I can't be sure how serious either side is/was

I can be sure that there is no truth to it.

Cklbmk
06-28-2018, 12:58 PM
I can be sure that there is no truth to it.

And you'd be 100% wrong in this case.

weebo
06-28-2018, 12:59 PM

Proof?

ducks
06-28-2018, 01:02 PM
they can have forbes

Cklbmk
06-28-2018, 01:02 PM
Proof?

None any of you guys would believe. I work with someone who knows Dejounte extremely well and overheard him talking about it.

ducks
06-28-2018, 01:03 PM
did he say the spurs say he was untouchable?

weebo
None any of you guys would believe. I work with someone who knows Dejounte extremely well and overheard him talking about it.

Oh so more speculation....

RD2191
Ball for Murray would be a decent move if not for all the extra baggage.

You would practially be trading a 29th pick for a 2nd pick.

Tbh

cd98
06-28-2018, 01:04 PM
And you'd be 100% wrong in this case.

Put up or shut up. Why would the Spurs trade a player that they have been developing for two years to the Lakers for no reason other than the Lakers want him? The trade is so illogical for both sides that it could only be made up.

Cklbmk
06-28-2018, 01:04 PM
Oh so more speculation....

didn't sound like speculation at all and the person would know

weebo
06-28-2018, 01:05 PM

Also, if Murray was involved in any trade talks, do you honestly believe PATFO would tell Murray or his agent? :lol

cd98
06-28-2018, 01:07 PM

This is such a silly thread. Post real info, not this nonsense. The Spurs aren't leaking any information to get out to third parties. I'd bet most every Spur on the roster has no idea what is going on. So please stop with the friend of a friend source. It's not true.

picnroll
06-28-2018, 01:07 PM

My understanding is the framework was Ball for Dejounte but Spurs dont want Ball so Lakers are trying to find a 3rd team to give value so that they can get both Kawhi and Dejounte..

What? They didn’t ask for Walker too?

Marcus Bryant
06-28-2018, 01:08 PM
Godfather, they said.

cd98
I know, the Lakers want Kawhi and Lebron and then they want to surround him with a "PG" that can't shoot. That makes a lot of sense. I'm sure LA is insisting Dejounte be included.

Cklbmk
This is such a silly thread. Post real info, not this nonsense. The Spurs aren't leaking any information to get out to third parties. I'd bet most every Spur on the roster has no idea what is going on. So please stop with the friend of a friend source. It's not true.

It's not a friend of a friend. Its far closer than that.

Anyway believe or not. Doesn't bother me. It's truth though

RD2191
06-28-2018, 01:14 PM
Aren't DJ and LBJ pretty good friends? Maybe LA believes DJ will help with the LeBron pitch.

rjv
06-28-2018, 01:15 PM
nothing more reliable than an ST "legit" source...

paperboy77
06-28-2018, 01:16 PM
I know, the Lakers want Kawhi and Lebron and then they want to surround him with a "PG" that can't shoot. That makes a lot of sense. I'm sure LA is insisting Dejounte be included.

They already have Ball for that. Now.... if LBJ wants his young buck DM with him, then I can see that rational.

Still.. f LA!

Marcus Bryant
06-28-2018, 01:19 PM
Pop would rather spend a weekend with Trump than have the Ball sideshow in SA.

dbestpro
06-28-2018, 01:21 PM
They already have Ball for that. Now.... if LBJ wants his young buck DM with him, then I can see that rational.

Still.. f LA!

If that is the case, then James should just sign with the Spurs for one year. Leonard is already under contract for that year.

palangi
Put up or shut up. Why would the Spurs trade a player that they have been developing for two years to the Lakers for no reason other than the Lakers want him? The trade is so illogical for both sides that it could only be made up.

I don't recall him saying the spurs are trading him

DAF86
Trading Dejounte for Ball makes a lot of sense for the Lakers. Mainly because they would be making around 6 millions on cap space room.

palangi
06-28-2018, 01:22 PM

It's ok. Some people get butt hurt when they don't have the info.
Seems like a jealousy thing

MaNu4Tres
06-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Spurs aren't trading Murray. Not happening. They view him as their next All Star.

Marcus Bryant
06-28-2018, 01:24 PM
If that is the case, then James should just sign with the Spurs for one year. Leonard is already under contract for that year.

No kidding.

mclinejr
06-28-2018, 01:26 PM
My sources say the Lakers also wanted Danny as well. Somebody’s gonna have to address the media for this clown.

RD2191
06-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Spurs aren't trading Murray. Not happening. They view him as their next All Star.

OP has more cred than you, son.

DAF86
06-28-2018, 01:32 PM

A weekend with Trump actually sounds very fun, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2018, 01:36 PM
OP has more cred than you, son.
:lol

phxspurfan
06-28-2018, 01:37 PM
took <1year for the balls to wear out their welcome in all leagues

JFK
06-28-2018, 01:41 PM
nothing more reliable than an ST "legit" source...

No kidding?

This is ridiculous and the Spurs should just fold up and get the Hell out of town if they ever did something this idiotic.

I've seen some ridiculous stuff posted around here and this is up there.

Cklbmk
06-28-2018, 01:42 PM
Also, if Murray was involved in any trade talks, do you honestly believe PATFO would tell Murray or his agent? :lol

Him and Lebron have the same agent..

Mr. Body
06-28-2018, 01:43 PM

Spending all the time watching Fox and Friends, wiping KFC grease on the sheets, and lying about his golf scores. Wee!

phxspurfan
06-28-2018, 01:45 PM
It's not completely out of left field if the rumors are true and Lakers initially offered only Ingram, a 1st and trash. Obviously if talks resumed, the Spurs voiced that for Kawhi they want more than that (picks and assets). Then the Lakers might have said they want another guy in exchange for Ball, like Murray, and they may include another pick or another asset. Assuming they get Kawhi back, and Murray as a throw in assuming they can then lure LeBron, Ball would be useless anyway.

Chinook
06-28-2018, 01:46 PM

Not trying to make a slight, but are you saying that as "fact" or belief? You're clearly credible when it comes to "sources" (whether that's because you have them or are just good at reading tea leaves doesn't really matter). But if this is like you saying they wouldn't reup Patty, that's a different thing altogether.

rjv

:lol

DAF86
Spending all the time watching Fox and Friends, wiping KFC grease on the sheets, and lying about his golf scores. Wee!

I actually think of expensive meals, parties and grabbing bitches by the pussy, tbh.

rastaspur
06-28-2018, 01:49 PM

Exactly

Chinook
06-28-2018, 01:52 PM
They can want whatever, but unless they are able to get the Spurs something better, this isn't going to happen. A Kawhi/Murray trade to another team that has a PG prospect like Philly or even Cleveland could work, though.

Mr. Body
06-28-2018, 01:53 PM
I actually think of expensive meals, parties and grabbing bitches by the pussy, tbh.

You do know he's not rich, right? He's underwater. He also nukes his steaks way past well done because he's deathly afraid of germs. He's also afraid of stairs. He's so out of shape he takes golf carts when other leaders are walking and he takes powerful medicine to try to keep what's left of his real hair that has side effects of impotence. But have fun!

rastaspur
06-28-2018, 01:53 PM

Lets agree to disagree. It would be fun if i were allowed to make fun of him and troll him without being taken out, exiled or killed because trump got his feelings hurt. If i could speak my mind without petty consequences it would be a blast.

If i could see ivanka naked tgat would be a plus as well.

HarlemHeat37
06-28-2018, 01:54 PM
Trading Murray would be great, he's pretty overrated, but nothing involving the Lakers makes sense..

Chinook
06-28-2018, 01:56 PM
Trading Murray would be great, he's pretty overrated, but nothing involving the Lakers makes sense..

Exactly. Would be sort of hilarious if this was just Parker/Hill 2.0 and someone gave up the farm for Murray because they believe SA considers him a franchise player. There's this weird suggestion that Lebron doesn't want to play with Lonzo, and he probably does want to play with Murray, so it almost feels like this would be a discussion between the teams even if Kawhi goes elsewhere.

SAGirl
06-28-2018, 01:56 PM
If this is all about Lebron, it wouldn't surprise if Lebron wanted Dejounte... he's that little bro, young guy he likes to mentor (how he used to refer to Irving)... and represented by his agency. Dejounte also kicked the Cav's ass this past season without Kawhi in the team. In terms of personality, I think for sure Lebron would want Dijon in the team.

I also think the Spurs love Murray and I do believe in his potential, even if I am not as vocal about him. I wouldn't include him in a deal that already sends the franchise player away.

HarlemHeat37
06-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Exactly. Would be sort of hilarious if this was just Parker/Hill 2.0 and someone gave up the farm for Murray because they believe SA considers him a franchise player. There's this weird suggestion that Lebron doesn't want to play with Lonzo, and he probably does want to play with Murray, so it almost feels like this would be a discussion between the teams even if Kawhi goes elsewhere.

I do believe the OP, tbh, I'm sure LeBron has tried to get Murray in the deal..he's a pretty poor judge of talent and fit, as we have seen throughout his career:lol

Murray has the same flaws as Lonzo, but nowhere near his passing ability, ball-handling or basketball IQ..

Chinook
06-28-2018, 02:04 PM
I do believe the OP, tbh, I'm sure LeBron has tried to get Murray in the deal..he's a pretty poor judge of talent and fit, as we have seen throughout his career:lol

Murray has the same flaws as Lonzo, but nowhere near his passing ability, ball-handling or basketball IQ..

Lonzo is easily my favorite player on the Lakers. If his father got hit by a bus tonight, I'd be all for Ball on the team. I also like Randle a lot, even though most people here don't. I'm not interested in him getting a huge deal, but getting him on like $14 Million a year to balance out salaries instead of Deng is appealing.

Ingram seems like he dreams of being Rudy Gay, and Kuz is just a shit sandwich that has been anointed the next superstar. Laker fans on RealGM are trying to pump up Hart now so they can keep him.

Mr. Body
06-28-2018, 02:05 PM

Murray is also a lot cheaper. It's easy to forget how expensive top draft picks can be

SpursDynasty85
06-28-2018, 02:08 PM
Murray made a lot of strides and has good potential. Spurs would price him high I'm sure. He just made the all NBA defensive 2nd team (pretty lucky, but still).

Chucho
06-28-2018, 02:13 PM
LOLakers are going to be reunited with Pau in return for taking Kawhi. That's the "Godfather" aspect of the trade. My source told me.

ducks
06-28-2018, 02:14 PM
murray gasol leonard to lakers wtf?

ducks
06-28-2018, 02:14 PM
I would rather have alex then gasoline but that is alot of money going to la

SpursDynasty85
06-28-2018, 02:16 PM
If they getting rid of Gasol ( good idea) taking back those wing players, gotta think they want to move Danny green too. Make way to resign Rudy Gay and still have MLE on a Gasol replacement.

Dex
06-28-2018, 02:16 PM
I have on the word of trustworthy sources that Magic Johnson is a moron if he believes the Spurs will be the one tacking on assets to move Kawhi.

FkLA
06-28-2018, 02:23 PM
Not trying to make a slight, but are you saying that as "fact" or belief? You're clearly credible when it comes to "sources" (whether that's because you have them or are just good at reading tea leaves doesn't really matter). But if this is like you saying they wouldn't reup Patty, that's a different thing altogether.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AgileThisAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

John B
06-28-2018, 02:44 PM
Lakers is banking that Murray’s connection with LeBron would give them better chance.

phxspurfan
06-28-2018, 03:21 PM
You do know he's not rich, right? He's underwater. He also nukes his steaks way past well done because he's deathly afraid of germs. He's also afraid of stairs. He's so out of shape he takes golf carts when other leaders are walking and he takes powerful medicine to try to keep what's left of his real hair that has side effects of impotence. But have fun!

he should move to Japan. If they get someone sick and that person misses work due to food poisoning, they commit sepuku on the spot

dbreiden83080
06-28-2018, 03:29 PM
Leonard and we get basically anybody we want or fuck off..

Why is Ball not on the table? If you get Lebron he is going to want the ball in his hands anyway..

phxspurfan
06-28-2018, 03:32 PM

Why is Ball not on the table? If you get Lebron he is going to want the ball in his hands anyway..

If they get Kawhi and LeBron, Ball is definitely on the table as the team will not need or want LaVar and his shenanigans (LeBron likely doesn't anything to do with him), and the team would already have a capable ball handler in LeBron. They would likely want Murray to replace Ball.

shaq_h8ter
06-28-2018, 03:41 PM
If they get Kawhi and LeBron, Ball is definitely on the table as the team will not need or want LaVar and his shenanigans (LeBron likely doesn't anything to do with him), and the team would already have a capable ball handler in LeBron. They would likely want Murray to replace Ball.
Wouldn't a Lakers trade mean it's a sign and trade to the Lakers?
I would think then we would give Kahwi a max contract.
Then bleed the Lakers for every 1st round pick and talented player they have.
I don't see how DJ would enter into the trade?

Then again I don't know jack about NBA trades.

MaNu4Tres
06-28-2018, 03:41 PM

Patty was my feeling. Not from sources.

I know for a fact that's how the Spurs feel about Murray from one of my sources.

Mr. Body
06-28-2018, 03:44 PM

Don't think the Spurs want any part of Ball

phxspurfan
06-28-2018, 04:04 PM

thats negotiations. Magic is playing hardball. He's saying in order to give Spurs FO what they want for Leonard (likely Ingram, Kuzma and multiple protected 1sts), they are asking us to take Ball and also to throw in Murray.

spurs10
06-28-2018, 04:07 PM
Lol tell Magic to eat a dick. Hold onto Kawhi or trade him to the East and be done with it. This is the right approach with the first option to be included with both the latter options.

JPB
06-28-2018, 04:12 PM

How many sauce clowns are roaming around this board ? Is there a nest somewhere in ST ?

So this one works with someone who knows Dejounte EXTREMELY!! well and "overheard" (makes it more mysterious) him talkng about it...

But it's not a friend from a friend ! It's just a guy I work with... so my story is more credible, right ? (clown learned from his previous fail attempts I guess).

But believe what you want ! I don't care, I'm not saying this so you believe me (remind me of another poster..) Some peeps know peeps !

Any other sauce clowns left or aliases in the brood ?

dbestpro
06-28-2018, 04:14 PM
How many sauce clowns are roaming around this board ? Is there a nest somewhere in ST ?

So this one works with someone who knows Dejounte EXTREMELY!! well and "overheard" (makes it more mysterious) him talkng about it...

But it's not a friend from a friend ! It's just a guy I work with... so my story is more credible, right ? (clown learned from his previous fail attempts I guess).

But believe what you want ! I don't care, I'm not saying this so you believe me (remind me of another poster..) Some peeps know peeps !

Any other sauce clowns left or aliases in the brood ?

I use to drink beers with Gene Banks. Does that count?

spurs10
06-28-2018, 04:17 PM
This kind of bullshit makes it even easier to keep Kawhi. They'll let Magic say whatever he wants and leave him hanging on. You know Magic tampered with this deal from the start. Pop can still be friendly with Kawhi, but he doesn't need to pretend with Uncle Dennis and Magic.

JPB
06-28-2018, 04:21 PM
I use to drink beers with Gene Banks. Does that count?

That comparatively makes you de facto the Woj of this board...

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-28-2018, 04:30 PM
fuck the lakers, but if any other team wanted dejounte + kawhi in a good deal, then, well, bye-bye

Hoops Czar
06-28-2018, 04:45 PM
Damn, got my hopes up for nothing.

phxspurfan
06-28-2018, 04:53 PM
where there's smoke there's usually fire. If all this stuff about Kawhi wanting to be in LA is right, why not pursue a good trade than risk losing him for nothing

ElNono
06-28-2018, 07:49 PM
Lol tell Magic to eat a dick.

He might actually take us on that offer...

cjw
06-28-2018, 08:03 PM

Can’t sign and trade if Kawhi signs supermax

Anyway, why would a S&T be needed if Kawhi isn’t a FA?

Budkin
06-28-2018, 08:26 PM
Laughable if true.

rastaspur
06-29-2018, 12:29 AM
He might actually take us on that offer...

His son would without a doubt

Stabula
06-29-2018, 02:02 AM

You seem very jealous of Donald Trump. Poor fella.

TheCerebral1
06-29-2018, 07:56 AM

Not only does this have to be fabricated, but honestly in the long run Dejounte will be better than Ball. Ball is an overrated scrub who couldn't hit the side of barn with a nuclear tracking system. He's garbage. His family is a joke and to be honest I hope they all end up in mediocrity. TRASH. The Lakers have nothing the Spurs need and to be honest facilitating a trade to help the LA Lakers doesn't do anything for me. They can give up Brandon Ingram, and 3 firsts and I still don't know if that's enough. Ingram is a scrawny half in half out player.

TheCerebral1
06-29-2018, 07:58 AM
I love it when idiotic sycophants rant that they have a legit source. Your inbred third cousin shouldn't count as reliable.

bigfan
06-29-2018, 08:07 AM
Not only does this have to be fabricated, but honestly in the long run Dejounte will be better than Ball. Ball is an overrated scrub who couldn't hit the side of barn with a nuclear tracking system. He's garbage. His family is a joke and to be honest I hope they all end up in mediocrity. TRASH. The Lakers have nothing the Spurs need and to be honest facilitating a trade to help the LA Lakers doesn't do anything for me. They can give up Brandon Ingram, and 3 firsts and I still don't know if that's enough. Ingram is a scrawny half in half out player.

absolutely right.