PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio - Dark Horse Destination for Lebron?

tmtcsc
06-29-2018, 05:33 PM
With all the rumors circulating on the interwebs, I just thought I'd throw this out here as a wild solution -

IF Lebron James is to believed when he said it would take a group of talent & "High IQ's" minds (everyone from coach to GM to players) to beat the Warriors AND

IF Kawhi Leonard really did reach to Lebron with an expressed interest to playing together (which I'm highly dubious of), COULD
PATFO's key to fixing this mess be to have LJ sign with the Spurs?

It might convince Kawhi to stay in San Antonio & sign an extension. A Lebron signing would keep the attention on him and not the PR disaster that was Kawhi & his Group.

If its at all a possibility, you move whoever you have to. As far as I'm concerned, Aldridge, Leonard and Lebron is a solid core that can challenge anyone. We can keep our young guys and ship out the bloated contracts of Gasol, Green and Mills. Parker goes off to the pasture.

Hell, I think something like that could also convince Manu to come back. Winning cures lots of ills and this formula could potentially work. There are lots of IFs but I haven't heard this scenario making much noise by BSPN.

Is too optimistic and far-fetched at this point?

spurraider21
06-29-2018, 05:35 PM
the darkest of horses

TXstbobcat
06-29-2018, 05:35 PM
Yeah, none of this is going to happen.

monkeypunk
06-29-2018, 05:37 PM
With all the rumors circulating on the interwebs, I just thought I'd throw this out here as a wild solution -

IF Lebron James is to believed when he said it would take a group of talent & "High IQ's" minds (everyone from coach to GM to players) to beat the Warriors AND

IF Kawhi Leonard really did reach to Lebron with an expressed interest to playing together (which I'm highly dubious of), COULD

It might convince Kawhi to stay in San Antonio & sign an extension. A Lebron signing would keep the attention on him and not the PR disaster that was Kawhi & his Group.

If its at all a possibility, you move whoever you have to. As far as I'm concerned, Aldridge, Leonard and Lebron is a solid core that can challenge anyone. We can keep our young guys and ship out the bloated contracts of Gasol, Green and Mills. Parker goes off to the pasture.

Hell, I think something like that could also convince Manu to come back. Winning cures lots of ills and this formula could potentially work. There are lots of IFs but I haven't heard this scenario making much noise by BSPN.

It's a nice dream but it ain't gonna happen. LA is too big a draw for Kawhi and Lebron is superteaming with someone somewhere that is not another small market.

Poolboy5623
06-29-2018, 05:40 PM
Lebron isn’t coming to SA... never was... get over it already.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-29-2018, 05:52 PM
in may this was a nice dream now it’s a sad delusion

tmtcsc
06-29-2018, 06:03 PM
Lebron isn’t coming to SA... never was... get over it already.

Nothing to get over.

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2018, 06:19 PM
https://i.giphy.com/media/nNrkgR4Z7RHDW/giphy.webp

spurraider21
06-29-2018, 06:25 PM
:lmao

tmtcsc
06-30-2018, 12:56 AM

Well said. I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I'd put your money on it.

tmtcsc
06-30-2018, 01:04 AM
This shit makes more sense than ever now. Sign Lebron and if Kawhi still won't get on board, then trade him before the deadline for Celtics or Sixers players.

therealtruth
06-30-2018, 12:12 PM
He might want to if Kawhi stays but doubt his family feels the same.

Dverde
06-30-2018, 12:24 PM
It would be epic to have use loot the Lakers talent and sign Lebron to replace Kawhi. Next level stuff. He’ll never come here tbh

BSfromTX
06-30-2018, 01:09 PM
So many in here like to think they know all there is to know. I would say I doubt it, but I don’t know enough to say it’s impossible. We have seen PATFO do things we never saw coming, so rarely would I bet against them.... even something like that

FvckMavs
06-30-2018, 01:13 PM
It would be epic to have use loot the Lakers talent and sign Lebron to replace Kawhi. Next level stuff. He’ll never come here tbh

Talent? What talent?

FkLA
06-30-2018, 01:13 PM
Remember when a bunch of media and players were all saying LeGOAT should come here? Or when PopaGOAT, LeGOAT, Tim GOATcan, and Kawhi were all in NY at the same time and we were supposed to have a happy ending? Feels like ages ago. :(

CGD
06-30-2018, 01:14 PM
That fantasy died when Lebron opted out, move on

Dverde
06-30-2018, 01:19 PM
Talent? What talent?

They do have two former #2 picks.

alpha_HaZE
06-30-2018, 06:58 PM

To me this is possible only if they can trade LaMarcus and add someone like Rudy Gay or Cousins or both. While keeping DJ, Kyle, Patty, and Danny; DJ, Kawhi, Rudy, Lebron, and Cousins.

cjw
06-30-2018, 06:59 PM
More like a black mule with no ability to procreate than a dark horse

tholdren
06-30-2018, 07:02 PM
New spurs fans wanting a guy who quit on his team 2x to replace a guy who quit on them. #nobrains

daslicer
06-30-2018, 07:03 PM
A fat ugly broke guy has a better chance hooking up with a super model than SA getting Lebron.

tholdren
06-30-2018, 07:04 PM
A fat ugly broke guy has a better chance hooking up with a super model than SA getting Lebron.

Glad you have a chance

Chillen
06-30-2018, 07:06 PM
LeBron is probably to Hollywood for Spurs. He duked it out in Cleveland because of his roots to the Ohio area. He is probably going to be a Laker soon.

dbestpro
06-30-2018, 07:07 PM
Not a fan of Oberman, but he did an interesting piece on how the future will see Lebron. He used Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell as an example. In most polls these two bigs are considered fairly even at their level of greatness, yet statistically Wilt has twice the stats of Russell. The biggest difference was that Russell stayed on one team, while Wilt was on many teams and had to carry those teams. The conclusion is that the more teams Lebron plays on the more his legacy will be marginalized in the future.

Stabula
06-30-2018, 07:20 PM
Why is this a thread?

dbestpro
06-30-2018, 07:25 PM
Why is this a thread?

We could discuss the meaning of life but it this is sports and it is basketball.

tholdren
06-30-2018, 09:19 PM
We could discuss the meaning of life but it this is sports and it is basketball.

Sad.

MoSpur02
06-30-2018, 09:59 PM
The Spurs want him and are willing to go over the cap. Doubt LeBron wants to play here. He is all about the glitz and glamour. He also wouldn't do well with Pop because Pop is in charge here. LeBron has a ton of respect for Pop, but wouldn't want to play for him. The only time he would play under Pop is the Olympics.

sexinthatsx
06-30-2018, 11:40 PM
After a player like Rudy Gay (an aging star coming off an Achilles injury) opted out only to re-sign with the Spurs for a 1 year deal at 10 million, it seems 1% more likely.

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2018, 11:54 PM
Glad you have a chance

:lmao omg..

venitian navigator
07-01-2018, 04:36 AM
sign and trade LBJ for Kiwhi and Green?

tbdog
07-01-2018, 05:30 AM
With these signings, it appears it won't happen. It would actually require Lebron to not want to play with Leonard. And if it leaks that Lebron is signing with the spurs, Leonard's value hits rock bottom. Lakers and Clippers would offer as little as possible.

Chillen
07-01-2018, 05:37 AM
With these signings, it appears it won't happen. It would actually require Lebron to not want to play with Leonard. And if it leaks that Lebron is signing with the spurs, Leonard's value hits rock bottom. Lakers and Clippers would offer as little as possible.

Nothing is stopping LeBron from signing with the Spurs on a 1 year deal and Spurs can keep Kawhi. Of course is it worth it to let Kawhi walk at the end of the season for a chance to compete for an NBA championship and get nothing. Both Leonard and LeBron would probably sign with the Lakers next season anyway but who knows.

tbdog
07-01-2018, 05:49 AM
Nothing is stopping LeBron from signing with the Spurs on a 1 year deal and Spurs can keep Kawhi. Of course is it worth it to let Kawhi walk at the end of the season for a chance to compete for an NBA championship and get nothing. Both Leonard and LeBron would probably sign with the Lakers next season anyway but who knows.

We don't have the cap space. And there isn't enough space out there to dump Green/Gasol/Mills and get nothing back. In fact I looked at the numbers. To sign Lebron for 36mil, we would need to trade all three guys, renounce all our restricted players, and only take back 2mil. It just won't happen.

Murray
White
Leonard
Lebron
LMA

Gay
Beli
Walker
2mil player
Bi-level expectation
+min contracts

barbacoataco
07-01-2018, 09:17 AM
The Spurs want him and are willing to go over the cap. Doubt LeBron wants to play here. He is all about the glitz and glamour. He also wouldn't do well with Pop because Pop is in charge here. LeBron has a ton of respect for Pop, but wouldn't want to play for him. The only time he would play under Pop is the Olympics.

Agree. Lebron likes to say he would love to play with Pop, he would never actually do it.

sasaint
07-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Agree. Lebron likes to say he would love to play with Pop, he would never actually do it.

The customary courtesy nod from star players to a HOF coach.

Stabula
07-02-2018, 12:53 AM
:lol

james evans
07-02-2018, 05:04 AM
Lebron will be here in 2022 when he's washed up and searching for a last pay day. Lebron is at the end of his career man. He doesn't have 4 years left at this level. I have no idea why people can't see that. Lebron is approaching his 16th season. They gave a MAX 4 YEAR CONTRACT TO A 16 YEAR VET??? hahaha. Magic really is dumb as fuck.