View Full Version : Trade idea Spurs/Phil/Phoenix

rascal
06-29-2018, 07:20 PM
Phil sends Fultz to Suns
Phil sends Covington and 2021 unprotected 1st round pick from Miami to Spurs

SA sends Leonard to Phil

Phoenix sends Bridges to Spurs
Phoenix sends Ulis to Phil

Or the unprotected 1st round pick from Phil goes to the Suns and the Spurs just end up with Covington and Bridges

Would the Spurs getting Covington and Bridges and unprotected 1st round pick from Miami in 2021 be worth Leonard ? This would be a great deal for the Spurs

Suns may not want to do this so the pick might have to go to Phoenix and the Spurs just end up with Covington and Bridges for Leonard

Would Covington and Bridges be worth Leonard? I still do this deal

Come on Spurs get on the phone and make it happen!!

ducks
06-29-2018, 07:24 PM
wow another thread

ducks
06-29-2018, 07:24 PM
spurs want a top 20 player

ducks
06-29-2018, 07:26 PM
We get it you want bridges

rascal
06-29-2018, 07:28 PM
We get it you want bridges

Future star and Covington is a solid player and if the Spurs can also land a 1st it is a steal.

rascal
06-29-2018, 07:29 PM
spurs want a top 20 player

Most likely will have to go for a player with upside top 20 potential.

BackHome
06-30-2018, 01:35 AM
Hey if you can trade Fultz to Suns and get Bridges to the Spurs I am down with that. But would also want Philly draft
pkck next year and Saric and Zhaire Smith and Jonah Bolden. I am ok taking on what ever player to meet salary ie Covington.

1. Bridges
2. Smith
3. Saric
4. Covinghton
5. Bolden

rascal
06-30-2018, 06:29 AM
http://https://uproxx.com/dimemag/philadelphia-76ers-spurs-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-markelle-fultz-package/2/ (http://uproxx.com/dimemag/philadelphia-76ers-spurs-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-markelle-fultz-package/2/)

Philadelphia’s internal discussions have focused on potential trade packages offering various young players and future draft selections. One team source says preliminary discussions with San Antonio revealed the Spurs have strong interest in a package involving burgeoning forwards Dario Saric and Robert Covington as well as a future first-round pick. A potential, more serious offer that Philadelphia is weighing internally includes Saric and Covington and the 2021 Miami Heat unprotected first-round pick the Sixers obtained in their draft-night deal with the Phoenix Suns.

Phil doesn't want to include Fultz in a trade but they may just have to, to get a deal done. Discussions for a trade have already happened but I would rather have Bridges than Saric. Just have to get Phoenix who needs a better PG to go for Fultz and get Phil to trade Fultz. The Spurs get two starters and a future potential lottery pick from Miami and move Leonard out east.

rascal
06-30-2018, 06:36 AM
Hey if you can trade Fultz to Suns and get Bridges to the Spurs I am down with that. But would also want Philly draft
pkck next year and Saric and Zhaire Smith and Jonah Bolden. I am ok taking on what ever player to meet salary ie Covington.

1. Bridges
2. Smith
3. Saric
4. Covinghton
5. Bolden

That would be too many of their players.

BackHome
06-30-2018, 08:47 AM
Rascal don’t take the dream away from me it’s all I have. Lol

mo7888
06-30-2018, 08:55 AM

I doubt we can get all of that, they might hang on to Smith. I like fultz alot but, I'd be good with sending him to Phoenix for bridges and their 1st next year or Josh Jackson. Jackson, saric, Covington, and Miami unprotected pick is a homerun in my book.

BackHome
06-30-2018, 09:47 AM
Who would you take if it was between Smith and Bridges?

CGD
06-30-2018, 09:51 AM
This one with LAL and Phx is better with some first rounders coming to the spurs:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7mbbkvd

james evans
06-30-2018, 09:52 AM
I doubt we can get all of that, they might hang on to Smith. I like fultz alot but, I'd be good with sending him to Phoenix for bridges and their 1st next year or Josh Jackson. Jackson, saric, Covington, and Miami unprotected pick is a homerun in my book.
You like a pg that can’t shoot worth shit and can’t stay healthy?

mo7888
06-30-2018, 10:43 AM
You like a pg that can’t shoot worth shit and can’t stay healthy?

I like the guy that was the overall #1 pick last year. His shot isn't broken and his ceiling is very high. Is there a risk? Sure, but the upside is worth it.

tmtcsc
06-30-2018, 05:02 PM
Future star and Covington is a solid player and if the Spurs can also land a 1st it is a steal.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/i1JSXl0MfeRd6/giphy.gif

tonight...you
06-30-2018, 05:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izO_QLjNj6M

Would you say it's the only thing that you... got?

texbound
06-30-2018, 05:27 PM
Phil sends Fultz to Suns
Phil sends Covington and 2011 unprotected 1st round pick from Miami to Spurs

So, who was Miami's 2011 pick?

dbestpro
06-30-2018, 06:55 PM
Can't send Ulis. Ulis was cut by the Suns.

Jeremy
06-30-2018, 08:33 PM
We're not giving up an elite shooter and defender in Bridges for someone who forgot how to shoot. :lol

rascal
06-30-2018, 09:07 PM
Can't send Ulis. Ulis was cut by the Suns.

Now they can't. He was just a throw in player to make the trade work. Have to pick another throw in player to make salaries work.

rascal
06-30-2018, 09:09 PM
So, who was Miami's 2011 pick?

Edited:: 2021 pick

rascal
06-30-2018, 09:16 PM
We're not giving up an elite shooter and defender in Bridges for someone who forgot how to shoot. :lol

Yes, I agree Bridges has star potential and the Suns would be smart to keep him. Spurs messed up not getting him in a package deal with the 76er's on draft night.

Spur fans think Bridges + Covington + Phil's 1st round 2021 pick via Miami is not enough for Leonard.

rascal
06-30-2018, 09:17 PM
The Spurs are going to accept a worse trade for Leonard( Lakers trash) than this trade I proposed that they should have targeted.

CGD
06-30-2018, 09:25 PM

What’s the Sun’s take on Lonzo Ball? You guys were interested at the draft last year right?

palangi
06-30-2018, 09:25 PM
I don't get the hate for the laker trade. Is it just because it is the Lakers?

Give me ingram, kuzma, Wagner, next year's first, a future first, and isaac bonga to stash

CGD
06-30-2018, 09:33 PM

Give me ingram, kuzma, Wagner, next year's first, a future first, and isaac bonga to stash

For me the issue is where are the future first(s) coming from? Ingram and Kuz are fine, but you have to expect a future LAL first is going to be pretty shitty if they’re gonna be good now.

I think the Lakers need to bring in a 3rd team to trade Lonzo Ball for that pick, or something else the Spurs might want.

For example, do PHX and LAL swap Ball and Kuz, for Josh Jackson, Bender, and a future 1st?

I think the spurs would view Ingram, Jackson, Bender, and a PHX future first as a decent haul.

rascal
06-30-2018, 09:40 PM

Yes trash, don't help the Lakers build a championship team by taking very average players back in a trade.

Don't like Ingram at all. No upside star potential with any of the Lakers players you mention.

mo7888
06-30-2018, 10:06 PM
For me the issue is where are the future first(s) coming from? Ingram and Kuz are fine, but you have to expect a future LAL first is going to be pretty shitty if they’re gonna be good now.

I think the Lakers need to bring in a 3rd team to trade Lonzo Ball for that pick, or something else the Spurs might want.

For example, do PHX and LAL swap Ball and Kuz, for Josh Jackson, Bender, and a future 1st?

I think the spurs would view Ingram, Jackson, Bender, and a PHX future first as a decent haul.

Good take..

Jeremy
06-30-2018, 10:13 PM
What’s the Sun’s take on Lonzo Ball? You guys were interested at the draft last year right?

Yes, I think it is very likely the Suns could help facilitate a trade, and take Ball from the Lakers while providing future picks. Personally, I would take Lonzo Ball over any other point guard options available to us right now.

palangi
06-30-2018, 10:49 PM
Yes trash, don't help the Lakers build a championship team by taking very average players back in a trade.

Don't like Ingram at all. No upside star potential with any of the Lakers players you mention.

I disagree. Ingram has potential